Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What was so bad about Hillary?

She never did anything illegal or wrong and always stood up for the working man, the single parent, the uninsured child...

She dedicated her life to public service and used her popularity to help those in need.

She was a victim of a foreign smear campaign that was aided by traitors and thugs, and deserves restitution and to have her good name returned to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 22, 2020 11:25 PM

“The real purpose of the depositions is harassment,” Kendall said. “It’s the creation of video footage that can be used for partisan, political attack ads. It’s social media fundraising.”

There is no evidence that Clinton will be appearing in court in September. And there is no evidence that any emails involve sex trafficking.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2020 11:55 AM

Your entire premise is bullshit. She stood up for the rich only.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2020 11:56 AM

Long Live Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2020 11:56 AM

The poll demonstrates that Hillary always fought for the little guy and she is owed an apology!

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2020 11:57 AM

R2 is still looking for Hil in the basement of pizza parlors with George Soros

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2020 11:58 AM

Besides, she is trafficking yellow cake with Uranium One!

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2020 12:00 PM

[quote]She never did anything illegal or wrong

Well, except for all of those people she killed and the babies she raped.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2020 12:00 PM

It's possible to believe multiple things:

Their was Russian (and possibly Chinese) interference and allowed Trump to win.

Trump and his Presidency are awful and have been a disaster for America and the world.

Bernie was also really bad.

And that Hillary was also really bad too.

2016 needed a Pete-like candidate.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2020 12:01 PM

Regardless of any negatives one may have felt/feel about Hillary, she'd still have been TEN times better than the current buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2020 12:02 PM

“And that Hillary was also really bad too.”

Any examples?

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2020 12:03 PM

Hundreds of Thousands wouldn’t have died in a needless pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2020 12:03 PM

[quote] Their was Russian (and possibly Chinese) interference

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2020 12:04 PM

It is also possible to believe r8 has had a botched lobotomy.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2020 12:04 PM

R8, do you have any examples or are you just a generally lazy person who likes to have others make up your mind for you?

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2020 12:04 PM

This was an attack on America.

Deplorables are traitors.

Flat out.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2020 12:05 PM

She sacrificed children to the dark lord, King Paimon in the basement of that pizzeria. She and George Soros (who funds BLM, the failing New York Times, ANTIFA and the Netflix reboot of Full House) are plotting to replace all national monuments with statues honoring Satan and Jeffrey Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2020 12:05 PM

Can she be Vice President to Joe?

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Is it too late to have Hillary as our nominee this November?

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Or Attorney General?

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2020 12:07 PM

She’s not really bad. She was just not a strong candidate and her arrogance led to many bad decisions that sealed her fate, and that of the country.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2020 12:10 PM

Women who do not defer to men are punished harshly when they trip up. Also, women who pursue power are perceived negatively. Hillary played right into both.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2020 12:10 PM

Is r20 an algorithm?

We keep hearing the same insults but no proof or attempts to back up these flimsy, vague claims.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2020 12:12 PM

Nothing. She would have been excellent POTUS

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2020 12:13 PM

She has always been too smart for some men

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2020 12:14 PM

R21 is onto something. Also, she is a gleeful murderer, totally corrupted by power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2020 12:15 PM

This is a tale of the power of propaganda unleashed by Facebook and its overseas financiers.

Goes to show you the power of Silicon Valley.

They get whatever they want.

And they use YOUR OWN DATA to do it!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2020 12:15 PM

Brace yourself for all the obscure and arcane reasons she deserves to be harassed and ridiculed.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2020 12:17 PM

R25 is super sketchy link probably loaded with malware.

Don’t give them your IP address.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2020 12:18 PM

92% favorability is why you get when you take out off the foreign trolls who are sleeping right about now.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2020 12:19 PM

*what

*out

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2020 12:20 PM

Hillary was grilled for 14 hours straight by a Senate Committee. She never lost her temper or her composure during the entire ordeal. She has more intelligence and endurance than 98% of the men in Washington, and that scares the shit out of them, not to mention their sense of rich, white, Republican entitlement. Therefore, Hillary is looked upon as a grave danger to the natural order of things in Washington.

Donald Trump, like the whining, petulant man-child he is, can't focus on anything for more than 5 minutes before he starts screaming and pouting.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2020 12:20 PM

She may have been a great president, but she ran a pathetic campaign -- wrong message, bad choice of advisers, bad VP pick, ineffective ads, weak social media presence, and on and on. It's too bad that she didn't have her husband's skills when it came to campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2020 12:20 PM

The only thing negative about Hillary Clinton was her rather cold personality at times. She didn't make much effort to appear nice, both in her mannerisms and her statements, at times. She gave many people the impression she thought she was better than them, and frankly for many of her haters, she was/is.

Even today, many straight men are put off by strong willed females who won't demure to their every wish and play the part of the "little woman". They think females should be married, pregnant, looking to get pregnant, or raising a gaggle of kids, and in the kitchen cooking for their family.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2020 12:21 PM

Her eyebrows

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2020 12:22 PM

So it’s because she is a woman?

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote] [R25] is super sketchy link probably loaded with malware.

R25 links to YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2020 12:22 PM

I think women executives are an extremely competent and powerful force. I do t get the hate. They are extremely valuable.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2020 12:23 PM

From a WaPo column yesterday... I think it explains a lot.

I’ve heard her speak and watched the Netflix documentary. She is an intelligent person with the kind of philosophy you’d prefer in public service. But she is damaged and skewed by her experience in public life and her Achilles’ heel in politics is her inability to move swiftly when she is called to explain herself or apologize. You can right or you can be strategic. It isn’t often you can be both at the same time. She struggled with that.

“And Trump supporters love to promote the idea that his following is vast and ascendant. They’d have you believe Trump ignited some kind of powerful ideological movement in the nation’s overlooked white communities.
In fact, exit polls from 2016 tell a very different story.

Nationally, a clear majority of voters four years ago soundly rejected Trump’s anti-immigrant agenda and anti-inclusive message. Only 13 percent said immigration was the most pressing issue in the country. Only 41 percent bought into his idea of a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.
Fully 70 percent said Trump’s treatment of women bothered them “some” or “a lot.” More than 6 in 10 said Trump was unqualified to be president and lacked the right temperament. Clear majorities thought Hillary Clinton met both tests.

So what happened?

Well, here’s where it gets interesting.
Of the 47 percent of voters who said Clinton wasn’t qualified to serve, only 5 percent voted for her. That’s about what you’d expect.
Of the 61 percent of voters who said the same thing about Trump, however, 17 percent ignored their judgment and voted for him anyway.
In Florida, where Trump won by just over a single percentage point, more than half the electorate found him unqualified, and yet 16 percent of those voters cast a ballot for him. In Pennsylvania, where he won by an even slimmer margin, a stunning 21 percent of voters who said Trump didn’t have the right temperament for the job voted to send him to the White House.
In other words, on the night that marked his apex in political life, Trump’s margin of victory came from reluctant voters who almost certainly thought they were voting for the losing candidate, and who felt confident he’d make a terrible president.

There was never anything like a groundswell for Trumpism. In fact, the election had strikingly little to do with him at all. It was mostly about the intense emotions triggered by his opponent.
In the end, some critical slice of voters who thought Clinton eminently more qualified for the job couldn’t bring themselves to vote for her. And they decided their only option was to take a flyer on a guy who seemed manifestly unfit for the job — and destined to lose in any event.

There are myriad explanations for the astounding depth of this anti-Clinton sentiment; let’s not re-litigate them here. What’s clear is that a lot of white voters thought Clinton didn’t like them very much — and her describing them as “deplorables” didn’t help....

Joe Biden isn’t Hillary Clinton. He’s a more naturally gifted politician, and whatever his weaknesses, phoniness and elitism have never been among them.... If the fall campaign feels like another condescending, “us vs. them” indictment of the so-called deplorables, then the same people who felt trapped into voting for Trump in 2016 may do it again. And the result, despite all the evidence of his political anemia, could look the same.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2020 12:23 PM

R35... probably, in part. There is no one reason with someone who’s been around that long and whose political story is that complicated.

In the end first and foremost she was a wildly qualified candidate who was a counterproductive nominee, running strategically flawed campaign in a zeitgeist that distorted everything.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2020 12:26 PM

YouTube shares viewer data with hosts of its radical sites, git @r36.

Don’t be such a stupid idiot and have the nerve to try to steer others in the wrong direction.

Get your own house together first before you lead others off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2020 12:26 PM

So far, I still haven’t heard what is so bad about Hillary...

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2020 12:32 PM

R38 I kind of agree with some of what you said, but I think the whole "she doesn't apologize/explain herself" enough thing a bit untrue. Say the email thing, it took about 8 months during the campaign for her to finally say it was a mistake, and in the meantime her poll numbers had tanked, but even after she did people went on "well what about her emails!!!". It wouldn't have mattered when or how she apologized imo, and people didn't actually care about the emails, but it was just a way to frame her as dishonest, in a way I think they would do it to any female candidate, but for a male candidate it would be brushed off. Look at what Bill got away with in the oval office, or Trump, but if a woman makes one mistake they are expected to apologize and beg for forgiveness for the rest of their days. Hillary got far more crap thrown at her than Biden over past votes in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2020 12:39 PM

Wow, I am so happy we FINALLY have a chance to rehash the 2016 presidential campaign!

We've never done that and the 2020 election is SO far away that this is obviously the most important thing to spend our time on.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2020 12:39 PM

1. She has a vagina. (bitch).

2. She is educated ( uppity bitch).

3. Her sexuality is suspect ( butch bitch).

4. She is experienced ( know it all bitch),

5. She called them out years out ( VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY) ( the bitch was correct!)

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2020 12:39 PM

So...nothing?

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2020 12:42 PM

[quote] YouTube shares viewer data with hosts of its radical sites, git @[R36].

But it's not "loaded with malware."

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2020 12:43 PM

Mostly the vag, R45.

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2020 12:44 PM

She gave away Socks. That alone lost her the gay vote.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2020 12:45 PM

They get you IP and then load it down with malware you fool.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2020 12:46 PM

And it’s not like YouTube is some angel protector of our data in their own right?

Are you a complete moron or what?

Educate yourself. You are the reason these companies make a fortune. Thanks so much

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2020 12:47 PM

Isn’t she the legit winner of the 2016 election?

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2020 12:48 PM

One of the most damaging things Hillary ever said was when she told that interviewer that she had no intention of ever being "the little woman standing by her man" like Tammy Wynette sang about.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2020 12:51 PM

Lord.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2020 12:55 PM

"What’s clear is that a lot of white voters thought Clinton didn’t like them very much — and her describing them as “deplorables” didn’t help...."

To use a fondly used by them, right wing slur: What a bunch of fragile, whiny snowflakes.

"Waaah, she doesn't like us! She won't coddle our bigotry! We'll take the offensive, unqualified, wealthy white guy and then whine about "Affirmative Action" for blacks outta the other side of our mouths! Waaah!"

Fuck Them. Yeah, I said it.

There are two instances I identify where Hillary lost - When she didn't give in to her impulse to tell Trump, when he was stalking her on that debate stage, "Back off, you Creep!" Hillary herself says that in her book "What Happened", but I didn't need her to tell me that. I knew watching the debate when I was silently screaming at the TV to tell her to Back. Him. Off. He would have done so, revealing him to be the cowardly, ignorant asshole he is.

And I truly believe that would have gained her votes.

James Comey's letter. Iirc, 538 said that their research showed that during that last, after the letter, there was a slight, yet unmistakable shift away from Hillary that made a difference

Repugs are experts at exploiting ingrained American misogyny. If you want to know who Repugs recognize as tough, smart, productive, skilled Democratic women, look to who they demonize, Exhibits "A" and "B" being Clinton and Speaker Pelosi.

Hillary's campaign deserves some blame, too. Iirc, there were inside reports that Bill Clinton was warning the team at least 3 or 4 months before November that his super-human, political antennae were picking up distress signals coming from WI, Michigan and Penn and that the team needed to re-calibrate her schedule.

And all the reasons every else pointed out here, too.

I type the following, though, with self-reflection and blame, too. As Democrats, we too, rejected Hillary. We did so in 2008, for the attractive, exciting, charismatic new guy in the classroom. I disliked Cokie Roberts but she did have a point when she said that Hillary is like the earnest, smart, disciplined 7th grader running for class president who everybody knows should be elected and then along comes this new, cute, popular guy who everybody votes for instead.

So, we ourselves, as Democrats once rejected Hillary. Why then should we be surprised when voters, at large did so, too?

I know I've been contradictory here.

I do know, however, with all my heart and mind, that this country made a monumental mistake by not granting the job of POTUS to Hillary Clinton. She would have been a superb one.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2020 1:02 PM

Still nothing... will check back later

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2020 1:08 PM

The NYTimes did her in, giving legitimacy to the foreign coup.

NYTimes has always been suspect, but they clearly tipped the scales right at the very end.

They should be the first in a line of many to apologize.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2020 1:12 PM

Nobody has ever been able to come up with one single legitimate thing she did wrong.

She is squeaky clean.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2020 1:16 PM

For some reason she turned people off with the whole "I don't bake cookies" and the "co-presidents" thing. Then, when Bill's cheating was brought to light the hatred for her intensified. She was either wrong for staying with him or wrong for enabling him. it just got to a point where she couldn't win. Then the move to New York pissed off people. Then the primary against Obama pissed off more people.

Bottom line, Hillary is a policy person. She isn't naturally warm and fuzzy and probably hates small talk, which makes it challenging for her and tends to turn off people. I think she would have been an amazing president because I think she knows how to get shit done and work deals, but I also think that she will get in the mud if she has to. Unlike a lot of her supporters, I don't think she's squeaky clean but the conspiracy theories about her are bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote]She is squeaky clean.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote]I don't think she's squeaky clean

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2020 1:28 PM

Ask this question in the Middle East and you’ll get the truth.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2020 1:29 PM

She is very smart and very hard working. She is also nakedly ambitious and that always makes people uneasy. She has only herself to blame for succumbing to weaknesses like ambition and more than a little greed.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2020 1:31 PM

[quote]Say the email thing, it took about 8 months during the campaign for her to finally say it was a mistake

Completely untrue! She apologized on ABC in 2015!

And you're forgetting the fact that she did nothing wrong in the first place. I get that in politics you apologize to make things go away, but she did, the media just decided it wasn't enough.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2020 1:36 PM

The "baking cookies" bit was literally the work of Roger Stone and NYT, R58. He started telling the NYT very early on that she was a grasping woman who didn't know her place, and the NYT was happy to report on that, because the Clintons weren't of the particular kind of Democratic elite they prefer to support. Everything she did was criticized and pretty much the exact same people doing it in 1991 were still doing it in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2020 1:44 PM

The cult devotion to her is just weird. Most people know shes corrupt and commits crimes, even most Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2020 1:49 PM

Fox and GOP pundits knew Hillary had her eyes on the presidency early on. They went on a huge destruction campaign to ruin her with Bengazi, Emails, ect. Fox had nightly two hour panel shows discussing her "crookedness" for almost an year and a half. To this day, no one can really say what it is she did to break the law-except that she did and she's "that good" at it and she "got away" with it all. Fox poison works.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2020 1:51 PM

She has a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2020 1:52 PM

The cult villainization of her is just weird. Most people know she's a brilliant woman and has committed no crimes, even most berniebros and republican'ts.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2020 1:54 PM

The majoriry of Americans know war criminal Hillary and her serial rapist husband are terrible people.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2020 1:57 PM

Anyone looking for moral simplicity and perfection in politics is on a futile hunt. They may find it in Mr. Rogers, but anyone in politics is morally complicated. Horse trading and promising this for that is part of the job.

She's no worse (but not particularly any better) than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2020 1:58 PM

The majority of Americans know that R69 is a loon.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Rightly or wrongly - and to me the truth lies somewhere 2/3rds to 3/4 of the way to wrongly - she was effectively framed as untrustworthy. That can't stick only based on repetition. She is not a dishonest person but damn is she stubborn when called to account, even unfairly. Like I said before, do you want to win or do you want to be right?

The fact that some of you keep chirping 'still nothing' shows only that your heads are made of rock and your need to sanctify H is far more interesting than why she failed to lead a winning campaign.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2020 2:00 PM

Hillary is a good woman who should have been President if not for Putin and lowlife, woman hating, Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2020 2:05 PM

Hey asshole @R72. Let's apply your rigorous standards to the current occupant of the Oval Office.

No matter how hard you try, R72, DJT is never going to let you lick his shit encrusted asshole. Melania might let you suck her clit, but no amount of bullshit spewing on your part is going to get you closer to Shitler's shithole.

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2020 2:07 PM

She had been black listed and should not have run...she did the wrong thing for the country. She should be compensated by the God damn Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2020 2:08 PM

Her only crime was being more intelligent and ambitious than most men. Oh, and she had a cough. She was right about EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2020 2:09 PM

She was vilified for 25 years by right wing media (starting with Limbaugh) and the poorly educated were taught to hate her, which was easy because she is a woman. Aside from that even some Democrats didn't like her, I heard friends say "she scares me" (meaning they though she was a war hawk) more than once. I think she would have made an excellent president, but she shouldn't have run.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2020 2:25 PM

Not many people liked it, but the Hillary & Clinton play with Laurie Metcalf was really great. She didn’t imitate Hillary, so you saw her personality separate from the persona. They didn’t gloss over her emotional distance or unholy alliance with Bill, but you saw them actively trying to twist the political narrative. It ended with her defeated (in 2008, not 2016), repeating that she wants to win, but she just can’t.

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2020 2:32 PM

Gay people rushing to defend a woman who didnt support gay rights until 2013.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2020 2:46 PM

No, r51. She's not. The way you win the Presidential Election in the US is by taking the majority of the electoral votes. She did not win because she did not play by the rules of the game. Much like baseball, the number of hits in a game doesn't matter, it's the number of runs scored that determine the winner.

She should have spent some time campaigning in certain states and shutting down potential scandals ASAP instead of waiting, like was said earlier.

Yes, the Electoral College a stupid system. But the fact that steps were not taken after the 2000 election to change it tells me that politicians really do not want to change it.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2020 3:01 PM

Nothing was so bad about her. Yes, she has her flaws but can anyone REALLY say in retrospect that Hillary would have handled ANYTHING in the past 4 years worse than Trump did? If so, they must be mental.

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2020 3:05 PM

[quote] “And that Hillary was also really bad too.” Any examples?

[quote] She’s NOT REALLY bad.

[quote] NOTHING. She would have been excellent

[quote] Brace yourself for all the obscure and arcane reasons she deserves to be harassed and ridiculed.

[quote] The ONLY thing negative about Hillary Clinton was her rather cold personality

[quote] So far, I still haven’t heard what is so bad about Hillary...

[quote] So... NOTHING?

[quote] NOBODY has ever been able to come up with ONE single legitimate thing she did wrong. She is squeaky clean.

[quote] Hillary is a GOOD woman

[quote] Her only crime was being more intelligent and ambitious than most men. Oh, and she had a cough. She was RIGHT about EVERYTHING.

[quote] NOTHING was so bad about her.

JFC, I can’t believe HRC’s fangurls can be so blind & blinkered in their unconditional altar-worship. FFS, she supported almost EVERY WAR that was proposed. Or is that too much of an “obscure or arcane” reason for you trigger-happy war-fanatics?

Sure, maybe war is good for domestic GDP (good for the war economy, employment goes up, companies reap profits off of war supply & ammunition contracts, and all) - but most recent wars that the US supported proved DISASTROUS for other continents.

In fact, maybe “good woman” “squeaky clean” HRC should go on ‘holiday’ there and enjoy the fragrant smell of total destruction from the policies she supported, while sipping hot sauce straight from her purse.

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2020 3:29 PM

I can't believe Hillary's detractors can be as deranged and psychotic as R82. It really is a mental illness. Seek help, R82. Your worthless life depends on it.

by Anonymousreply 83June 23, 2020 3:53 PM

She's not bad in comparison to Trump, but she does have her issues. The problem was the media giving equal bad coverage for Trump and Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2020 3:56 PM

[quote] And there is no evidence that any emails involve sex trafficking.

R1 and to all of you, and to all of the United States, can you honestly believe that in the year 2020 -- in regards to a woman who served as First Lady as well as a US Senator, Secretary of State, and presidential nominee of a major political party who garnered the most votes -- that we actually have to state, time and again, that there were no emails regarding ***sex trafficking***? How the fuck -- literally, how the FUCK? -- did we end up here?

This country is done. A nation that for over 240 years has been a beacon of hope, a shining light of liberal democracy, and one which has guided republican governments the world over is now talking about sex trafficking by someone whose life has been devoted to the betterment of her fellow citizens.

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2020 3:59 PM

[Bold] ROVE WAS BEHIND ALL OF IT !!!!!!!!!! DO NOT FORGET IT! AMERICANS ARE THE DUMBEST CUNTS ON THE PLANET!!!!!! ROVE JUST FEED THEM HEAPING SPOONFUL OF BULLSHIT AND THEY ATE IT UP!!!! FACT!!!!!! THE TRUTH!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2020 4:00 PM

R85, don't you love how if a man held all those jobs it would be seen as building a resume, sharpening his skills, gaining invaluable experience, making connections, building bridges, and understanding the wider world, but if a woman (and Hillary above all) follows the exact same path, she is scheming and conniving her way into power?

You're right. We're done.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2020 4:02 PM

R83, take a cold shower & stop worshipping HRC. Forbes summary about HRC's foreign policy track-record:

[quote] Never before were the 2 leading presidential candidates so disliked. Both major parties have nominated candidates that most Americans desperately want to reject.

[quote] There are many reasons to oppose Hillary Clinton: a history of scandal, reaching back to Bill Clinton’s Arkansas governorship; greedy, grasping friendships with economic elites; and brutal partisan war against political opponents. She is smart, competent, and experienced, but so were Richard Nixon and Richard Cheney. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that she would put her virtues to good use as president. She almost certainly would lead America into more foolish WARS. About the only reason to hope for a Clinton victory is her flawed opponent, Donald Trump.

[quote] As my Cato Institute colleague Christopher Preble pointed out, “Clinton supported EVERY ONE of the last SEVEN U.S. military interventions abroad, PLUS TWO others we ended up fighting.” For instance, while First Lady she pushed for U.S. intervention in the Balkans - attacking the Bosnian Serbs and then Serbia. She was an enthusiastic war advocate, explaining: “I urged him [her husband] to bomb.” Alas, Bosnia remains badly divided while Kosovo has turned into a gangster state which, according to the New York Times, is “a font of Islamic extremism and a pipeline for jihadists.” Oops.

[quote] In fact, her PROCLIVITY for promiscuous war-making has attracted the support of leading Neo-Conservatives, including some architects of the disastrous Iraq war, which as Senator she voted to authorize. Some otherwise obscure Neo-Cons even have appeared in her campaign ads.

[quote] Sen. Hillary Clinton supported the OVERBROAD Authorization for Use of Military Force after September 11 […] She strongly backed the Iraq invasion. Only after it turned out badly and threatened to damage her political career did she acknowledge her mistake. Of course, that was too late to retrieve the thousands of American lives, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives, and trillions of dollars squandered.

[quote] At the same time, she said she was sorry for opposing the 2007 “surge” of troops, despite what Iraq became. Worse, a former State department aide REPORTED that Clinton later announced she would NOT feel “constrained” in the future by the failure in Iraq. She apparently sees NO NEED to learn from one’s mistakes.

[quote] Clinton supported the Obama administration’s decision to double down, twice, on its expensive yet failed nation-building mission in Afghanistan. She pushed for even HIGHER troop levels THAN did President Obama. Clinton once warned about the ill consequences of drone strikes in Pakistan, [but] became a strong supporter as secretary of state. Then she backed the administration’s drone wars in Pakistan and Yemen as well as Libya, Somalia, and Syria.

[quote] Clinton was more responsible than anyone else for America’s Libyan misadventure, another attempt at regime change on the cheap, though with a humanitarian gloss. She reportedly warned President Obama against allowing America to “be left behind” by not joining the foolish war parade in North Africa in early 2011. She responded to Moammar Qaddafy’s death with a joke, but the war left another failed state, [in the wake of the invasion becoming a] host to Islamic State killers and convulsed by civil war.

[quote] Her insistence on the ouster of Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad discouraged a negotiated settlement, but the administration provided his opponents with no practical means to oust him. Clinton advocated lethal aid to rebels, who displayed a dismaying tendency to surrender and turn weapons over to radial groups, including ISIS. She later urged direct U.S. military intervention in the form of a “no-fly” zone.

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2020 4:07 PM

[quote] Of her belligerent record Trump observed: [bold]“Sometimes it seemed like there wasn’t a country in the Middle East that Hillary Clinton didn’t want to invade, intervene in, or topple.”[/bold] Indeed, as he suggested, she is “trigger-happy and very unstable.” This is one of the most important reasons Americans face a terrorist threat. While she previously contended that “We need a real plan for confronting terrorists,” she apparently failed to recognize how bombing, invading, and occupying other nations, supporting murderous foreign rulers, intervening in other countries’ conflicts, and killing foreign peoples all create enemies around the globe, some of whom retaliate against U.S. civilians. […] Yet she believes that her mistakes entitle her to the presidency: “I’m proud to run on my record, because I think the choice before the American people in this election is clear.”

[quote] She cloaks her constant push for war with praise of “American exceptionalism” and America’s role as “the indispensable nation.” In her recent speech to the American Legion she cited Ronald Reagan’s belief in America as a “shining city on a hill,” even though he urged the U.S. to lead by example, not by becoming an International Dominatrix. In fact, Reagan was a veritable peacenik in comparison to Clinton, embracing missile defense out of his horror at the prospect of war.

[quote] As justification for her BELLIGERENCE Clinton affirmed: “America’s unique and unparalleled ability to be a force for peace and progress, a champion for freedom and opportunity.” Like intervening in Iraq and Libya, one wonders? Supporting Saudi Arabia in its brutal war in Yemen? Backing authoritarian dictatorships across Central Asia? Too bad Clinton never took seriously her admission that America’s “power comes with a responsibility to lead, humbly, thoughtfully, and with a fierce commitment to our values.”

[quote] There’s also “the experience and the temperament” of the prospective military commander-in-chief. Trump most obviously appears to flunk this test. In an address back in June Clinton attacked Trump for his “bizarre rants, personal feuds, and outright lies.” However, Clinton, while publicly less volatile, is neither more truthful nor of better character. Her willingness to go to war for less than compelling reasons is an even greater flaw. A cool head is of little value if it leads to calculated involvement in multiple needless wars. Such a person also is not qualified to be the military’s commander-in-chief. If Clinton really believes that “we should be finding ways to bring our country together around national security, our role in the world, our values,” she should repudiate her past promiscuous war-making.

[quote] In short, what makes Clinton dangerous is not the sort of incoherence reflected in Donald Trump’s foreign policy approach but a coherent yet far more dangerous advocacy of Military Dominance around the Globe. She genuinely believes that Washington should micro-manage the planet, lecturing, hectoring, subsidizing, sanctioning, bombing, invading, and occupying other nations as it sees fit. Alas, the rest of us would pay with our taxes and lives for her attempt to socially engineer the world. The two major parties have done their best to nominate the worst candidates possible. On foreign policy the Democratic Party won this dubious contest.

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2020 4:07 PM

R74, you've just made a fool of yourself. But I guess you're used to that.

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2020 4:18 PM

R84, Traditional media treated Hillary wonderfully during the campaign. They didn’t treat her and Trump the same.

The problem is that traditional media doesn’t control the narrative anymore, social media and alternative media does. 2016 was the first time the media elitists realized that.

by Anonymousreply 91June 23, 2020 4:19 PM

[quote] Traditional media treated Hillary wonderfully during the campaign.

But her EMAILS!!!

by Anonymousreply 92June 23, 2020 4:25 PM

Has anyone brought up the whole "The DNC rigged the primaries" bullshit. Because that's what it really was/is. But you have people still believing today that it was rigged in favor of Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 93June 23, 2020 4:28 PM

R92, Most of the media was making fun of the people who had concerns about the emails. Not questioning why Hillary broke the law.

by Anonymousreply 94June 23, 2020 4:40 PM

R75, any examples?

I have tricked the internet trying to find any example of wrongdoing.

I can’t find a single one.

by Anonymousreply 95June 23, 2020 5:28 PM

*troved

by Anonymousreply 96June 23, 2020 5:28 PM

Nothing on Wiki, or google.

If she committed crimes, what were they?

Can anyone list concrete examples?

What is it with all the fake accusations? What am I missing here?

by Anonymousreply 97June 23, 2020 5:29 PM

[bold] The One Where Her Stans Prove That They Will Never Really Really Get Over Her Losing

by Anonymousreply 98June 23, 2020 5:31 PM

This thread is a perfect example. People say she’s a bitch or she is not warm, but nobody can ever name a single thing she did wrong.

It’s the darnedest thing.

by Anonymousreply 99June 23, 2020 5:34 PM

R98 is YMF who grew up as the help and never got over it.

by Anonymousreply 100June 23, 2020 5:34 PM

The One Where Her Enemies Can't Stand the Fact That She's Smarter Than Them and Has More Balls Than All Of Them Put Together.

by Anonymousreply 101June 23, 2020 5:36 PM

The one where endlessly posting in bold on the Datalounge is the greatest achievement of r98's life.

by Anonymousreply 102June 23, 2020 5:39 PM

R98 is a Bernie Bro who thinks even the 2020 primary was "rigged".

by Anonymousreply 103June 23, 2020 5:42 PM

I'm not a fan of Hillary, or even Bill for that matter, but she was infinitely more qualified and intelligent than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 104June 23, 2020 5:42 PM

I think there is a way to succeed as a female leader in America, but you have to be bold and bit sexy. Nikki Haley and Sarah Palin lean into their sexiness. Palin was a trash candidate but she had higher favorables with men than Clinton. Men also like Nikki Haley. Despite this odd primary, men don’t mind soft on the eyes, Harris. Women were another issue for a candidate that kept hitting us over the head with the glass ceiling crap. Save it for election night! Imagine if Obama walked around taking about being black all the time. We know!

There is also a standard for men. Be cool, funny, or tough. This is why Gore v Bush was a close enough election to be stolen.

Hillary knew the reality of politics but though it didn’t apply to her, or she is simply unable to fake if for a year to become President.

I read from someone on Reddit about working in the Bush and Obama White House Situation Room. He would connect top level people within and out of the WH. The poster said that some young and self-absorbed Obama aids were annoying but eventually learned to do things the White House way (scheduling meetings with international allies and various processing). He also said that Secretary of State, Condi Rice, was very nice to staff and would start a phone call by introducing herself and asking the other person how they are (southern charm). Then she’d politely ask to be connected to whomever she was seeking on the call. Her staff were the same when engaging with anyone.

On the flip side, Clinton was said to be nice but cold. He didn’t have experiences getting direct calls from Clinton, but her staff were more curt. If something wasn’t right they’d use the, “Do you know who my boss is” attitude.

I think that frigid defensive stance, along with treating staff like the help, came through. She and her team are just cold. That works in Germany and the UK, but not in the US.

Even Trump’s crazy Tulsa speech had some funny riffs about the water and the ramp. We know he’s lying, and it’s beneath the Office, but he’s much more engaging than Hillary.

When you read about her crazy campaign structure were Podesta and Mook were both in charge with their own group of loyalist. Then when their authority crossed paths, Hillary refused to referee or clarify the authority. Bill was iced out of the process even though he is a good Canary in the Cole Mine with politics.

Many reasons for her loss. I want Biden to win but I feel bad for Hillary because she would have been an awesome President.

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2020 6:06 PM

What on earth would she need an "apology" for? She ran a poor campaign, and lost. I don't know of anything in particular that she's ever done for the benefit of mankind. She was always power and money hungry. An apology? From who? And for what? This is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2020 6:10 PM

Let's just move on.

by Anonymousreply 107June 23, 2020 6:24 PM

"She is not a dishonest person but damn is she stubborn when called to account, even unfairly. Like I said before, do you want to win or do you want to be right?"

As stated, she was called to account for 11 hours before a panel of Republicans re: Benghazi - and she was forthright, transparent and unshakable. And still, there was no "there" there.

Fucking insane the hostility and double standards that this woman has had to deal with as a politician.

by Anonymousreply 108June 23, 2020 6:27 PM

Tulsi Gabbard has found this thread, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 109June 23, 2020 6:30 PM

What r65 said. I am a Democrat and I've voted for her multiple times, including in primaries. She's no saint, however; OP basically painting her as blameless and faultless is a huge red flag. She's a politician, not a saint. Yes, she should have won 4 years ago, but the past is the past. Stop rewriting history.

by Anonymousreply 110June 23, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote] What on earth would she need an "apology" for?

Bernie, Susan Sarandon and their allies can start be issuing a public apology as follows: "We are sorry that we created a non-issue about the 2016 primary being rigged, we did it out of desperation. And we are also sorry for spreading the completely bogus idea that Trump would be better than Hillary. We did to Hillary what Michael Moore did to Al Gore in 2000. We are so, so sorry. As a gesture of goodwill, we will ingest the cyanide in front of us and dissapear out of your lives for good."

by Anonymousreply 111June 23, 2020 6:35 PM

[quote]Fucking insane the hostility and double standards that this woman has had to deal with as a politician.

Why just her? Don't all women face double standards and hostility in the workplace? She's not even unique among female politicians, let alone all women.

Why do people like you chose Hillary Clinton, of all people, as the model of beleaguered womanhood?

by Anonymousreply 112June 23, 2020 6:35 PM

"Why just her? Don't all women face double standards and hostility in the workplace? She's not even unique among female politicians, let alone all women."

Actually she is very unique among female politicians. For good and bad reasons.

And why just her? Well, Einstein, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but this thread is about her. That comment was made within that context, and not to the exclusion of all other women.

You're retarded, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 113June 23, 2020 6:55 PM

Wow, using the R word, nice.

by Anonymousreply 114June 23, 2020 6:57 PM

R113 just outed himself. This thread is not the work of a progressive feminist, folks. This is not a US Democratic voter defending their party's former leader. This is a right-wing troll stirring shit and exposing himself, exactly how they always do: by outing their true, nasty selves in the end.

by Anonymousreply 115June 23, 2020 6:59 PM

LMFAO @ calling it "the R word". Nice.

by Anonymousreply 116June 23, 2020 7:00 PM

"Things a right wing Republican would say^^^"

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2020 7:05 PM

Yeah, R108, I was thinking specifically about the campaign... [bold]you know, when she was trying to win?[/bold]

In the Netflix documentary there's a section about the email bullshit - which before you have stroke I agree was total bullshit but it was also a strategic reality for the campaign. She dug her heels in and refused to go near it until it was too late to make any difference (if, in fairness, any difference could be made.) But rather than clear the hurdle and give herself the ability to start responding 'guys, we talked about that last week' she delayed and fed into the narrative that she's untrustworthy or deceptive or secretive or pick your word.

You must have been on her campaign team, R108. You show all their deftness. Or deafness. One or the other, maybe both. Ask me the question and I'll answer when I'm good and ready. But by that time it will be too late.

by Anonymousreply 118June 23, 2020 7:09 PM

Notice that R20 calls HC 'arrogant.' This is a typical manner of slandering a woman who exhibits qualities of character that some would like to be held only by males.

When Bill and Hillary made it to the White House, Hillary already had a couple decades of progressive activism and legal experience. She was far more liberal and communitarian than her Arkansas neighbors.

HC didn't go to the White House in 1993 to sponsor state dinners and wear pretty outfits. She expected to continue doing srs macro-level social welfare projects, including healthcare reform.

She had a target on her back as soon as she arrived, really before even, as Republicans in the House and Senate made it their life's work to attack her relentlessly, which they've been doing ever since. Most of the attacks against HC have been ad hominem, the kinds of attacks people endure when they are perceived to be uppity or acting outside their role/status.

Now that the only thing that one hears from the halls of congress is the eternal histrionic SCREEEEEEEEEE of conspiracies and slander, instead of, you know, governance or policy, people actually start to believe a lot of this shit, about HC and others. Hills has been around so long that younger people don't know anything about her except what they've been told in the media, most of which is very biased and the product of our terrifically damaged media.

by Anonymousreply 119June 23, 2020 7:20 PM

Guilt or shame by association: She's married to a naughty man. She would laugh at any apology, and move on.

by Anonymousreply 120June 23, 2020 8:15 PM

r118 what exactly are you prattling on about? I wasn't referring to her campaign. But by all means, pivot and interrogate that footage and blather your opinions about it. But really - I made a specific point and rebuttal to a specific comment. I did not mention anything about her campaign. Additionally, you're really braindead if you think "oh...if only she had made a statement earlier...she might've been elected!" Which seems to be what you're getting at in spite of you owning yourself by saying it probably wouldnt have mattered anyway.

by Anonymousreply 121June 23, 2020 8:30 PM

Dear Hillary Stans:

We are very proud of you!

You are doing a great job defending her on this website and we applaud your efforts.

Keep up the good work!

by Anonymousreply 122June 23, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote]Isn’t she the legit winner of the 2016 election?

No she lost. She got more votes but that doesn't matter.

It's like the World Series, it doesn't matter the total home runs scored, it's who wins the most contests.

by Anonymousreply 123June 23, 2020 9:41 PM

R122, go eat Tulsi Gabbard’s pussy.

by Anonymousreply 124June 23, 2020 9:55 PM

R121, you’re the one with comprehension issues.

by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2020 9:56 PM

Here's a song about Hillary (in her voice) soon after what happened, happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2020 10:01 PM

R122: still butt hurt Bernie and his merry band of Bolshevik Bros. didn't win the nomination yet again, so he'll stomp his feet and hold his breath and vote for Trump, because as we all no, there's no difference between Trump and Biden.

by Anonymousreply 127June 23, 2020 10:22 PM

that should be "as we all know"

by Anonymousreply 128June 23, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote]beating the oh, dear queens to the punch

Which is no mean feat.

by Anonymousreply 129June 23, 2020 10:26 PM

r126 This Hillary song is better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 23, 2020 10:41 PM

Her ego was huge and need for power so great, she didn't do what any woman with self-worth would have done when the Monica scandal was revealed .... divorce.

by Anonymousreply 131June 23, 2020 10:47 PM

Her marriage to Bill Clinton was always more of a business partnership, and a lucrative one. Of course she stayed married to him. She wasn't going to give that up.

by Anonymousreply 132June 24, 2020 12:14 AM

Don't understand bernie bros and dont want to.

bros hold democrats to an impossible standard and give that creep squatting in the wh a complete pass.

by Anonymousreply 133June 24, 2020 12:45 AM

Bros have pretty unreal standards about politics in general.

by Anonymousreply 134June 24, 2020 12:50 AM

Hillary will be VP pick.

by Anonymousreply 135June 24, 2020 12:58 AM

Dear Hilllary Stans

At least we made thousands of fake reservations for Twitler's Tulsa rally and conned Brad into thinking tens of thousands of MAGAts were gong to show up.

Plus we messed up the whole email database he was trying to capture.

(Heh heh, we know, "emails"!!! sksksksksksksksksksks)

What have you done to help in 2020?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 24, 2020 1:08 AM

She is just unlikeable to a lot of people, including some who would normally vote Democrat. I see her as the pushy and superior type who would tell HR you just made a politically incorrect joke. Even now, I’d vote against her again.

by Anonymousreply 137June 24, 2020 1:24 AM

I’m fine with HRC. A bit weary of dynasties generally. Her stans in here turn my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 138June 24, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote] Her marriage to Bill Clinton was always more of a business partnership

No it wasn’t. They have genuine affection for one another. Hillary is extremely intelligent, but she’s introverted and not warm and outgoing in the way women are expected to be in this country. Bill finds these qualities attractive. Hillary admires his charisma and his intelligence.

People hate that she stayed with him, and think that must mean they “made a deal” and don’t have a real marriage. I find that ridiculous. She stayed because she thought her marriage was worth working through it.

I like the woman. I relate to her an awful lot. She tried very hard to attempt to be “likeable” enough to run a successful Presidential campaign, even though it went against every instinct in her body. I have to remember every day to smile and be friendly enough to people that they don’t think I’m a serial killer. It doesn’t come naturally to me at all. So I feel like I get her.

I’m sure it’s a relief to her that she doesn’t have to worry about any of it anymore. If she was reading this, she’d be flipping you assholes the bird with one hand and sipping her Chardonnay with the other.

by Anonymousreply 139June 24, 2020 1:33 AM

Anything would be better than what we have now. Hillary is far from perfect; she and Bill are shifty, but not a quarter as immoral as Trump/Pence. And unlike Melanoma, Hillary wasn't a paid escort. We have a WHORE in the White House. That is a thousand times worse than anything Hillary has ever even thought about, or Bill has even done. It's worse than JFK fucking his mistresses in the White House. Melanoma's stank whore ass sleeps on the same bed as Eleanor Roosevelt!!! Rosalynn Carter!!! Betty Ford!!! A whore and her pimp.

by Anonymousreply 140June 24, 2020 1:39 AM

They bring their own furniture, R140, so unclench. And if she was sleeping in one of your old ladies’ beds it would be hella uncomfortable, so take some comfort in that.

by Anonymousreply 141June 24, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote] Even now, I’d vote against her again.

Well, I hope your happy. If Trump wins again, you will be the first gay sent off to the gulags.

by Anonymousreply 142June 24, 2020 1:45 AM

Robby Mook told her to ignore the rust belt. Bill Clinton told her not to. She listened to Robby.

by Anonymousreply 143June 24, 2020 1:48 AM

R105

Excellent analysis - Hillary's issue was mostly tone and temperament. And, well, as the ancients tell u1s "character is destiny."

You nailed it with this.

[quote]I think there is a way to succeed as a female leader in America, but you have to be bold and bit sexy. Nikki Haley and Sarah Palin lean into their sexiness. Palin was a trash candidate but she had higher favorables with men than Clinton. Men also like Nikki Haley. Despite this odd primary, men don’t mind soft on the eyes, Harris.

Just look at how little traction the Republicans get from their attacks on their current bête noire, AOC. Every time one of them goes on a screed against her, the response is: "Sorry, she still won't sleep with you."

I could add more reasons, but, really, she just refused to adapt to expectations. All the reinventions, cooler hair cuts, contact lenses, stylish new pant suits should never be needed by someone in politics all her life. There's a reason 80-something Nancy wears stylish clothes, why Elizabeth II wore strapless gowns with cinched waists in her youth.

Below, someone out of most straight men's league. ↓↓↓

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 24, 2020 1:51 AM

[quote] If Trump wins again, you will be the first gay sent off to the gulags.

You said that was going to happen in his first term, What happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 24, 2020 1:52 AM

I don't know what kind of arrangement Bill and Hillary have and I really don't care. I've been in the same room with both of them on more than one occasion. I've seen the way she looks at him. To this jaded son of a bitch, there is no mistaking that she loves him. You can't fake the way she looks at him.

by Anonymousreply 146June 24, 2020 2:01 AM

Hills is unlikable and ran a flawed campaign and she still won the election.

Hills has to own 4 deaths in Benghazi while Bush Jr who was THE elected President with close ties to the bin Laden family gets a pass for nine one one, THE WORST TERRORIST ATTACK ON AMERICAN SOIL.

by Anonymousreply 147June 24, 2020 2:01 AM

Noting wrong with her! Deplorables gotta deplore something

by Anonymousreply 148June 24, 2020 2:02 AM

[quote] You said that was going to happen in his first term, What happened?

R145, you are some kind of fucking troll of the highest order.

And AOC is not that attractive. Pelosi is significantly smarter and maybe even more attractive, even at like 80. Everytime AOC opens her mouth, Pelosi dies a bit on the inside. The reason the media loves AOC is because she and the rest of the squad (just like Bernie) know how to put on a good show for the cameras and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 149June 24, 2020 2:03 AM

Hillary was too burned by 20+ years of being attacked by the right wing (and super-leftists), to be her authentic self. I'm a fan of hers but I'm only that way because I've done plenty of reading about her, which the vast majority of people won't do. She comes off stiff and practiced because she is, she's very guarded when campaigning and so when you put her up against people like Bernie and Trump who are very off the cuff and unguarded in how they speak/act, she doesn't come off well even if she is better qualified.

A big part of why her favorability increases so much when she's not running for office, as when she was Secretary of State, is that she lets her guard down just a little bit more and allows the human side of herself to come out. I do think she is actually a great and very caring person (You can see it in some of the e-mails where she gets her staff to help random people), but it's hard to see when she's in campaign mode, and Hillary herself has admitted this. She did a Humans of New York piece about taking the LSAT and being attacked by the men there that I think is very revealing.

There also is the obvious sexism angle, both from men and women. I know multiple women who were not excited about the idea of Hillary being President because she "didn't do it on her own" and stuck with Bill after all his affairs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 24, 2020 2:05 AM

AOC represents what is wrong with the Dem party, lack of strategy, no loyalty and refusing to close ranks.

AOC can learn from a vet like Pelosi who has a strong pimp hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 24, 2020 2:10 AM

people are so hypocritical.

Hills has to shoulder unending criticism about remaining married ( "til death we do part" means nothing to these people?) while the squatter in chief is a serial adulterer, married three times and the latest wife was a soft porn model who entered the us illegally.

by Anonymousreply 152June 24, 2020 2:15 AM

R152, just talk to the douche in this thread who said "even now, I'd vote against her". I wonder what kind of state of mind one would have to be that delusional? Were they molested and then dropped on their heads (on purpose)?

by Anonymousreply 153June 24, 2020 2:22 AM

Hillary was also a first wave feminist before she was first lady, and as such has had to take the fire and hostility that comes with that (as so many women of that generation can attest to). I watched the documentary series about her and in my opinion the real insight into who she is comes from her close friends from Wellesley. They all seemed to be interesting, cool, earthy people who radiated empathy and intelligence. And two of them are super-dykes. Nothing says more about a person's character than the company they keep and this group was a class act.

by Anonymousreply 154June 24, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote] I've seen the way she looks at him. To this jaded son of a bitch, there is no mistaking that she loves him. You can't fake the way she looks at him.

I believe you. I recall reading a Vanity Fair article years ago about the Clinton marriage, post Lewinsky and post impeachment.

It quoted a close friend of theirs from Arkansas, who said something along the lines that people read all kinds of things into why she hasn't left him, but, this friend was quoted as saying "It's simple. She's crazy about him."

This source said that she knows how astounds some people because of what he's put her through, but it's true and that the pattern is he'll screw-up and screw around, and she'll be deeply hurt but eventually he'll charm her and she gets over it.

I found that to be very poignant.

by Anonymousreply 155June 24, 2020 2:53 AM

"They have genuine affection for one another. "

I never got that impression. They always seemed more like buddies than a married couple. Political buddies.

by Anonymousreply 156June 24, 2020 2:57 AM

The main problem was the yellow Mao Tse Tung jacket. Kamala would never be caught dead in such a get up let alone in international TV.

by Anonymousreply 157June 24, 2020 3:08 AM

Two Words: Vaginal Odor

Just like Bill, Hillary’s breath did her in......

by Anonymousreply 158June 24, 2020 3:19 AM

R155 I vacillate between thinking there's real love there and that their relationship is just an arrangement at this point (although it wasn't always). I think if there wasn't real love there, she could've divorced Bill after winning the Senate seat/when Chelsea was in her early 20's or after becoming Secretary of State and potentially ended up being more popular than ever. At that point she was wealthy and powerful on her own, and didn't need Bill for her political future the way she did in 2000 so I lean more towards your view.

by Anonymousreply 159June 24, 2020 3:23 AM

Watch the Netflix doc. They love each other.

by Anonymousreply 160June 24, 2020 3:25 AM

There are people here that really think the Clintons are madly in love? Thats plain crazy. Like the Michael Jackson stans that believe he and Lisa Marie were in love and Michael is the bio dad of his white children.

by Anonymousreply 161June 24, 2020 3:29 AM

I remember Barbara Walters touring the Clinton;s home in NY state. It was basically two houses. They called the back one Bill's office. Bill said he'd write there late into the night and that is why it had a bedroom.

They are together part apart.

by Anonymousreply 162June 24, 2020 3:41 AM

To be fair, how many couples that have been together for nearly 50 years have a ton of romance in their relationship? I don't think it's awful if their relationship is now more about companionship than being madly in love, and that isn't the same thing as them only staying together because of some arrangement/political necessity/etc.

by Anonymousreply 163June 24, 2020 3:46 AM

Hillary is the best qualified woman in the U.S. right now to be VP. Go for it, Joe. You know the Russian hackers are going to pick the POTUS anyway.

by Anonymousreply 164June 24, 2020 3:46 AM

[quote]Is it too late to have Hillary as our nominee this November?

You would have the eternal gratitude of all Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 165June 24, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote]It quoted a close friend of theirs from Arkansas, who said something along the lines that people read all kinds of things into why she hasn't left him, but, this friend was quoted as saying "It's simple. She's crazy

That's where the statement should have ended.

by Anonymousreply 166June 24, 2020 3:52 AM

I guess my question would be, "What was so great about Hillary?" Half the country hated her. It was never a good idea to nominate her. Was she really worth the risk, when a generic Democrat likely would have beaten Trump? And even if she had gotten in, you so know her administration would have had a scandal a day and Dems would have been wiped out at the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 167June 24, 2020 3:54 AM

I blame everything on Huma Abedin and Weiner. Hillary should have fired Huma...eons ago. I don’t know how Huma can live with herself, triggering the Comey re-investigation.

by Anonymousreply 168June 24, 2020 4:39 AM

The Huma/Hillary bond is a strange one. Almost makes you believe the lesbian rumors.

by Anonymousreply 169June 24, 2020 4:44 AM

The whole idea of a woman who stayed with her husband after he was exposed as having multiple affairs in order to gain power losing the election/the power that should have been hers due to her protege/surrogate daughter staying with her husband after he was exposed as having multiple affairs is like something out of a Greek tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 170June 24, 2020 4:57 AM

Just want to point out that no one has yet to name a wrong thing she has done.

And she’s supposed to be some criminal mastermind.

Give me a break. She would have been an excellent president and I hope she gets some sort of Justice one day for the way they brainwashed a vulnerable sector of the public with the help of Facebook and turned her into some sort of cartoon villain.

by Anonymousreply 171June 24, 2020 5:10 AM

Right, the basic criticisms is "she has an ego". And here I was thinking that MOST politicians have one of those...

by Anonymousreply 172June 24, 2020 5:12 AM

Maybe she should get a seat on the highest court. She has earned it.

by Anonymousreply 173June 24, 2020 5:18 AM

In retrospect it was really odd how nobody (except Bernie and that other guy) ran against her in the primaries. It was like her winning was pre-ordained.

by Anonymousreply 174June 24, 2020 5:25 AM

R174 She had such an advantage in fundraising, name recognition, qualifications, and support from Black Democrats plus the backing of pretty much every prominent Democrat, so most politicians viewed running against her as career suicide. Biden was pretty much told to stay out of it when he was considering running in 2016, and if the sitting VP is getting pushed out what chance did any other establishment Dem have? Plus why run the risk of pissing off the likely next President when you can stay out of it and get rewarded with a Cabinet spot or better funding/endorsements a few years down the road?

by Anonymousreply 175June 24, 2020 5:46 AM

I stopped believing the lesbian rumours the second I heard Hillary say on Howard Stern that she had never even been tempted in a smug, self-congratulatory way. She is definitely 100% straight, and a bit homophobic I think.

by Anonymousreply 176June 24, 2020 5:48 AM

I see nothing to disagree with in R89's greyed-out post.

by Anonymousreply 177June 24, 2020 6:57 AM

Hilary was not perfect but would I think have made a good President. Certainly the pandemic for one thing would have been much better managed.

by Anonymousreply 178June 24, 2020 7:19 AM

R99 she voted FOR the patriot act. The wrongest thing she has ever done.

by Anonymousreply 179June 24, 2020 7:26 AM

Stay out of grown folk's business, the Clinton's marriage is of no concern to anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 180June 24, 2020 7:53 AM

It really is like a knife in my heart every day that she isn't President.

Biden will be fine, but she would have been one of the greats.

by Anonymousreply 181June 24, 2020 9:59 AM

[quote]It really is like a knife in my heart

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 182June 24, 2020 10:19 AM

She is a woman.

by Anonymousreply 183June 24, 2020 10:30 AM

[quote]She is a woman.

Yes, that's how she got the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 184June 24, 2020 10:37 AM

What's good is that we don't see her face on television.

by Anonymousreply 185June 24, 2020 10:44 AM

TROLLING

by Anonymousreply 186June 24, 2020 10:55 AM

The trolling on this thread is truly insane. Who’s the numb nuts who keeps bringing up AOC and Pelosi? I had to block him...divide and conquer trolling tactics straight from the GOP. It’s all over this thread. Don’t fall for it, people.

by Anonymousreply 187June 24, 2020 11:11 AM

I don't understand why you don't understand how Trump's installation in the white house is a problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 24, 2020 12:11 PM

This explains everything:

[quote] “It’s a waste of time to attempt to turn Joe Biden into as disliked a politician as Hillary Clinton,” said veteran Republican strategist Curt Anderson. “Will never happen, he does not lend himself to that, and it is pointless to try...."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 24, 2020 3:57 PM

R177, you're equating wrong with criminal. Of course she hasn't done anything criminal. I'm mystified as to why you can't acknowledge she's made some major mistakes in judgment and strategy and, guess what, she's a politician... so it kinda counts. Anyway, I'd love to sell whatever your bubble is made from because it cannot be breached.

by Anonymousreply 190June 24, 2020 4:50 PM

Sorry that ^ was for R171. I dwell enough in reality to accept I am a lousy typist.

by Anonymousreply 191June 24, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote]The Huma/Hillary bond is a strange one. Almost makes you believe the lesbian rumors.

It was strange and I agree, she was not helpful and neither was Robbie Mook.

What's weirdest to me is how Huma, who is like a daughter, slots in alongside Chelsea, who actually is the daughter. It just seems weird to me she'd adopt thirty years after having a daughter of her own...

by Anonymousreply 192June 24, 2020 4:53 PM

I'm guessing Huma and Clinton became closer after Anthony Weiner exposed his weiner a few too many times.

by Anonymousreply 193June 24, 2020 6:08 PM

r176, she's not just "a bit" homophobic. She was very honest with her views that should not have the same rights. Don't ever forget she changed her tune only when she wanted our votes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 24, 2020 6:24 PM

Bernie did the exact same thing. He was NOT for gay marriage as his fans like to spin it. He was for civil unions as well. He even was hesitant to answer questions about gay marriage. He felt that it should be left "up to the states". So neither were all that bold when it came to that issue.

by Anonymousreply 195June 24, 2020 6:26 PM

I wonder how many straight people sincerely care or are just mouthing the right word.

by Anonymousreply 196June 24, 2020 6:33 PM

I find Huma fascinating. She barely says 5 words in “Weiner” but every second she is on screen is worth a thousand words.

I actually really do just believe that she is a genius.

by Anonymousreply 197June 24, 2020 6:33 PM

The women that hate her hate her because she is capable, she stayed with her shit of a husband (for power) and her EMAILS!!!

by Anonymousreply 198June 24, 2020 6:35 PM

I love Hillary! That woman has balls of steel. Putin and Xi were afraid of the woman. We need more women like her.

by Anonymousreply 199June 24, 2020 6:40 PM

Let’s be honest. Bill and Hillary stay together because of Marital Privilege.

by Anonymousreply 200June 24, 2020 6:41 PM

Bill cheated on Hillary, but I always thought that it was something she was OK with as long as it was kept discrete. She's smart, has a dry sense of humor, loves the arts, but I never saw her as sexual. Bill, otoh, was very sexual. However, one thing Bill never did was cheat on Hillary with a porn whore and a Playboy whore who lived in a bungalow at Mar A Lago while his wife just gave birth and was breast feeding their baby.

by Anonymousreply 201June 24, 2020 8:42 PM

She dared to be a woman!

by Anonymousreply 202June 24, 2020 8:42 PM

R201 Hillary, bless her, does not love the arts. She is a lawyer and a total philistine with no taste, but she would have been a great president.

by Anonymousreply 203June 24, 2020 10:56 PM

Frankly, shed be the only one who could un-do the squalor that Trump leaves.

by Anonymousreply 204June 24, 2020 11:00 PM

They twist everything , a candidate with experience like Hills gets slammed as a career politician but Moscow Mitch who has been in office for decades gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 205June 27, 2020 6:21 PM

Hillary (and Bill) were frequently seen at theater. A friend saw them at Hamilton at the Public and watched them throughout the extremely relevant second act.

by Anonymousreply 206June 27, 2020 7:39 PM

I'm thinking Hillary has done a great job with her public service. But if Biden wins she should be Defense Secretary. she wouldn't put up with Putin and Xi's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 207June 27, 2020 8:04 PM

R207, I would pay millions--millions that I don't have--to see the look on Putin's face if Hillary was Defense Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 208June 27, 2020 8:07 PM

[quote] she wouldn't put up with Putin and Xi's bullshit.

Oh, my sides!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 30, 2020 1:42 AM

Hillary is one of the most fascinating political figures of the past century and she elicits the most visceral reactions in people. Hopefully, she will be judged more fairly by history than she has been in her life. It's also interesting how Bill Clinton went from being one of the most popular presidents of the 20th century, leaving office with the highest approval rating (even higher than Obama's) and would have handily won a third term if possible, to now where he's sort of a political afterthought or worse, a cancelled pariah.

by Anonymousreply 210June 30, 2020 2:25 AM

Good point re: Bill R210

At the same time, Bush The Younger is enjoying a revival of sorts, mostly because compared to Trump, anyone can seem like a respected statesman.

by Anonymousreply 211June 30, 2020 2:30 AM

NO. No she wasn't, OP.

by Anonymousreply 212June 30, 2020 2:35 AM

When Obama was elected it was understood President Clinton's legacy would be overshadowed by President Obama's historic election. It was in the details and nuances of Time and Newsweek magazine. Biden will be pretty much the Clintons 3rd term.

by Anonymousreply 213June 30, 2020 2:35 AM

HILL BUMP

by Anonymousreply 214July 12, 2020 5:05 AM

an operative is posting in this thread that Clinton is a rapist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 12, 2020 10:43 AM

she was right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 19, 2020 1:37 PM

Too thirsty for power. Everyone could smell it.

by Anonymousreply 217July 19, 2020 1:38 PM

what a weird thing to state about a presidential candidate

by Anonymousreply 218July 19, 2020 1:44 PM

It’s a fine line.

by Anonymousreply 219July 19, 2020 1:54 PM

The Clintons rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. In Hillary Clinton's case she was just not a very likeable personality, and was, like her husband and daughter, money and power hungry. She turned a lot of people off, so much so, that Donald Trump won the election. THAT is how much she was disliked.

by Anonymousreply 220July 19, 2020 11:26 PM

r220,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 20, 2020 12:00 AM

Women in power can't seem too ambitious or they'll be besmirched as assholes, and ambitious. Hillary did get 3,000,000 more votes than Trump in America all things considered. He won on a technicality.

by Anonymousreply 222July 21, 2020 3:19 AM

Nothing OP. She's awesome.

by Anonymousreply 223July 21, 2020 3:20 AM

The poorly fitting yellow Mao Tse Tung jacket

by Anonymousreply 224July 21, 2020 3:43 AM

"Nothing OP. She's awesome."

Yeah, so awesome she lost to DONALD TRUMP. "Awesome?" HAH!

by Anonymousreply 225July 21, 2020 8:30 PM

She was the victim of a 25 year long psy ops smear operation. The GOP started it, oligarchs & the FSB continued it. Why? Because she tried to get health care to American citizens in 1992. Because she tried to get anti corruption legislation & child protection laws enacted.

And that’s what she got for her trouble.

by Anonymousreply 226July 21, 2020 8:37 PM

[Quote] Yeah, so awesome she lost to DONALD TRUMP. "Awesome?" HAH!

Yes in general she is. It's an answer to OP's question you sloppy pus filled fucktard CUNT!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 227July 21, 2020 8:51 PM

R227, go eat Hillary's rancid, withered clam, you cuntfaced, shit-fer-brains fartsucker.

by Anonymousreply 228July 21, 2020 8:55 PM

"I CAN SHOVE A WHOLE MIDGET UP MY ASSHOLE"

by Anonymousreply 229July 21, 2020 9:10 PM

Before Obamacare there was Hillarycare. Bullshit Republican talking points.... .Hillary has fought for all of us Americans to have health insurance. She's a good woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 22, 2020 2:58 AM

All of this bullshit back and forth doesn't matter.

I want Hillary on my team. I voted for her three times - US senate twice, president once. I'd vote for her again.

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 231July 22, 2020 2:14 PM

Hillary is a money grubbing, power hungry cunt. Always was, always will be. And she ran such a pitiful campaign that she lost to the worst Presidential candidate in the history of the United States. She is deserving on no admiration. Only idiots kiss her ass.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 232July 22, 2020 7:48 PM

She would have been a great president. I wish she were the nominee instead of Biden.

by Anonymousreply 233July 22, 2020 8:31 PM

" I wipe back to front and then eat it! "

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 234July 22, 2020 9:00 PM

Maybe she sucked cocks in Hell?

by Anonymousreply 235July 22, 2020 9:17 PM

"I devour Hillary Clinton's feces corn."

THREAD REALLY CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 236July 22, 2020 9:20 PM

" I USE TWINKIES A TAMPONS"

THREAD ALREADY CLOSED CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 237July 22, 2020 9:50 PM

"I AM A MENTAL DEFECTIVE WHO WANTS TO BUTTFUCK HILLARY CLINTON EVERY DAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAY"

THREAD FINALLY CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 238July 22, 2020 11:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!