Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Conservatives FURIOUS w/ Chief Justice John Roberts

Some Conservatives are even going so far as to call him a "traitor" and some even say he should be arrested for Treason for NOT voting among ideological lines

He is suppose to be on OUR SIDE Conservatives lament

So why isn't he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 8:36 PM

They promised to keep his gay past secret if he did their bidding.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2020 2:12 AM

He's one of the few top conservatives that can actually look objectively at some issues without going full blowout Far Right crazy and lazy like Clarence Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2020 2:30 AM

He's no fool.

He knows history will judge his court as Chief Justice and he refuses to be made a fool of.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2020 2:31 AM

Trump will be gone one day. Roberts has a life-time appointment.

His current haters will get over it.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2020 2:38 AM

And what r3 said, too.

If Trump files suit over a close loss in the election I tend to believe that even the Conservative Justices will be reluctant to overturn an election.

Even they know that nobody is in the mood, nor will put up with, another Bush v. Gore, one of the biggest acts of actual voter fraud in history, perpetrated by the majority in that 5 to 4 vote.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2020 2:43 AM

I bet the Senate would impeach HIM in a hot minute.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2020 2:43 AM

Ted Cruz has already called John Roberts a Traitor over DACA

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2020 2:45 AM

Has Susan Collins expressed her CONCERN?? Did John Roberts learn a valuable lesson in her mind?

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2020 2:49 AM

Please, I bet he and Bill Barr spend Sunday together - first Latin mass and then off to the golf course.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2020 2:55 AM

Because believe it or not some Justices are actually qualified. He was nominated by Bush Sr. You notice how all the judges who had nasty drag out confirmations - Thomas with Hill, Kavanaugh...they are all the dissenting votes, even when the majority does what is right.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2020 3:01 AM

They are all qualified, even Thomas. If by qualified you mean have served as federal appeals court judges. But qualified and honest are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2020 3:03 AM

Oops, Kagan actually was not an appeals judge.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2020 3:07 AM

"If by qualified you mean have served as federal appeals court judges."

Since when is that a qualification?

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2020 3:09 AM

Kagan was the first one since 1972 to get in without having been a judge. It makes sense to me - the Supreme Court is the top appeals court. Very relevant experience. Or maybe you can just be a moron who screams about beer and cries about calendars on national TV and has clerks do all of the paperwork....

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2020 3:14 AM

He did it again! Conservatives are FURIOUS

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 6:12 PM

I’d hit that.

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 6:15 PM

I'm more CONCERNED over Kavanaugh siding with Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch, R8. He assured me that I wouldn’t regret voting for him over the abortion thing. I’ve got an election coming up!

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 6:37 PM

Actually r10. It was W.

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 6:43 PM

And if I remember correctly, he became chief right after being seated.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 6:44 PM

R8, I think you need to go to your room and think of a suitable punishment for yourself, MISSY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2020 6:46 PM

A friend of mine clerked for him when he was Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and has always said he was one of the most straightforward jurists he had known and even many others said the same, adding he always ruled according to the law and never allowed personal feelings or politics play into it, even if the latter went against his personal beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 6:51 PM

Let's see how he votes on Trump's tax records and other financial papers.

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2020 6:52 PM

He didn’t really stick up for abortion rights. He cited precedent because of a similar decision in a Texas case where he voted with the conservatives as a dissenter.

Very careful, that one. Worried about appearances, he is.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2020 6:52 PM

Vicious conservatives think they can buy everything...with many right wing judges, they can.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 6:53 PM

I hope most conservatives can see Trump as the full blown idiot that he is.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2020 6:56 PM

Makes a change from "Queen furious!"

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2020 7:08 PM

I'd lick his shitter.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2020 8:19 PM

I'd shit on his licker.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 8:26 PM

[quote]I bet the Senate would impeach HIM in a hot minute.

Here we go again. Did you not learn anything from recent events? Repeat after me: The Senate does not have the authority to impeach.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 8:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!