Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you still wearing PPE and social distancing?

Where are you posting from? Are you still wearing your mask and social distancing, regardless of whether your area has opened up? What are the knuckleheads around you doing?

by Anonymousreply 255June 29, 2020 12:14 PM

I wear a mask/gloves when I shop. I try to SD, but sometimes end up with complete imbeciles or assholes who ignore the literal circle right on the fucking floor telling them where they should stand. You can't start a fight because you may end up with a cunt spitting/coughing on you.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2020 5:17 AM

I wear it whenever I go out in public. But in the little Trumpster town I live in, me and my husband are the only ones who wear a mask, except for the bus driver. Everyone else lives like the virus never existed.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2020 5:18 AM

I wear a mask when I go into an establishment, but not when I'm just out on the street. I'm currently not bothering with gloves since I figure I have the same risk of unthinkingly touching my face with them as without; I'm also slightly allergic to latex. And I wash my hands and clean my keys, wallet, and phone as soon as I get home.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2020 5:24 AM

I have two friends who in May ran away from my husband and me outside in a park because there were too many people around. They then texted and called us irresponsible.

We keep our distance and wear masks pretty much everywhere we go when other people will be present: especially indoors, but outdoors as well. But we do host outdoor lunches, cocktail parties and socialize in small groups with other like-minded and conscientious friends. Except the two that ran away...

THEY just returned from spending 2 weeks in NY with family. While there, they shared a house with a family member that frequently hosted their children, grandchildren and friends. They even posted pics of them hugging non-COVID-conscientious people (read chronic mask-ignorers) while no one wore a mask.

They wasted NO time taking advantage today of restaurants’ outdoor dining freedoms and even invited me and my husband. We declined. It’s like the idea of isolating after returning from travel was never even suggested. Especially considering the impact COVID had on the NYC area!

I’m having serious feelings about this couple. Mostly because of their hypocrisy and judgment.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2020 5:27 AM

I wear mask, gloves and goggles when I shop. Not the least bit interested to play with Rona.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2020 5:56 AM

I wear the mask and latex gloves. I just re-ordered today, as a matter of fact.

Barely anyone in my area is wearing a mask or gloves, other than minorities & perhaps some elderly folks.

I’m in the American south, and cases are already jumping back up in surrounding states, meaning they will probably do the same out here.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2020 6:08 AM

I hope all the trumptard psychos who attend the rally die. Is that too dark? (Well they certainly won’t be.)

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2020 6:11 AM

I’m in the O.C. adjacent to Long Beach. I wear a mask whenever I go to any type of store, gas station, etc. People wear masks in the market, for the most part. I try to socially distance but most don’t bother.

When I walk in my neighborhood sometimes I wear a mask, but no one else does. I don’t bother with gloves anymore, but avoid touching my face and wash hands frequently

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2020 6:38 AM

[quote]I'm also slightly allergic to latex.

They make nitrile and vinyl gloves too, you know.

[quote]We keep our distance and wear masks pretty much everywhere we go when other people will be present: especially indoors, but outdoors as well. But we do host outdoor lunches, cocktail parties and socialize in small groups with other like-minded and conscientious friends.

You're still getting together in groups, 'conscientious' or not. You're still taking needless risks. Your two friends may be hypocrites and idiots, but don't get too smug.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2020 11:17 AM

I am and my family is but many here in the nyc suburbs are not.

My niece’s high school about 70 miles from NYC had a massive graduation yesterday, it was supposed to be a drive in, stay in car, socially distanced event, but you could see from the video that 50% of the parents and kids were car hopping, tailgating, hugging, sans masks throughout the 2 hour long ceremony. I’m waiting to read about a super spreading event in about 10-14 days.

I’m told some trumper moms in that town are planning a “prom” outside of the school system but you need to sign a covid waiver to send your child into the germ pool. Smh. My niece is staying far away from that.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2020 11:23 AM

I volunteer at a food bank, working a route to pick up donations at grocery stores and bakeries.

Those establishments require face masks to enter.

I don't mind.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2020 11:27 AM

R10, which town are you referring to? I want to mark my calendar to see what happens to the idiots in 14 days.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2020 12:18 PM

I wear a mask in stores and other enclosed public places. I do not wear one outside when taking walks etc.

I was at the Jersey shore last weekend and didn’t wear a mask outside on the beach or boardwalk. I did keep my distance from people and put my mask on to go into shops and stores, but it wasn’t so crowded that I felt unsafe outside.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2020 12:24 PM

I wear a mask and gloves when I walk to the local stores/restaurant takeout/post office in my neighborhood.

When I take the light rail to Target or Panda Express (orange chicken craving), I add a face shield.

I notice that early in the day (morning until early afternoon), most people are wearing the masks. However, later in the day, the stupid people come out and masks/social distancing are in the minority. I shop in the morning - done by 2pm latest. And I put as much social distance between me and the rebels as I can. I can't control them, only myself.

I am in downtown Jersey City/Paulus Hook - right across the Hudson from NY.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2020 12:32 PM

I’m in TX. I was called back to work two weeks ago. We have to wear masks at all times. I’m mostly staying at home except for that. I order groceries online and have them delivered. I did hook up with a friend last week. He and his boyfriend are both working from home. First time since February that so had a sexual encounter.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2020 12:45 PM

I'm in Michigan. Indoors, I always wear a mask. I have not yet gone into any big-box stores, but in smaller stores, I'd say most people are wearing masks. Restaurants have recently opened for indoor seating, though I still get carryout or curbside pickup.

I've gone to the parks a couple of times during this and if people are around, I put on a mask. People around me mostly don't. Some decent distancing, but more large family/friends groups than there should be.

My niece's husband's family recently had a large indoor graduation party. One person from that group is now in ICU with covid. Not sure if others are infected yet.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2020 1:05 PM

I haven't left the house in 8 weeks. So social distancing, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2020 1:08 PM

Philly here; the % of folks wearing masks is dropping quickly.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2020 1:15 PM

Anu overseas posters out there? I'm curious to know what's going on in their countries, particularly what's happening in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2020 1:34 PM

Yes, regular medical, not n95. Gloves. Social Distancing. Basically all you realistically do in our brave new world is --

Avoid --Confined spaces --Crowds --Contact (minimze-gloves/masks)

Wear a Mask Watch your hands Watch your distance

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2020 1:38 PM

I stopped wearing gloves when the CDC said gloves didn't really matter as long as you wash your hands. I hate it like the dickens, but I still wear a mask when I go out.

I social distance when I can, but I don't freak out if someone comes within 6 ft of me.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2020 1:44 PM

Painfully small-town Germany here. Masks for shopping, but not for other outdoor stuff unless it's in town in the pedestrian zone.

People still wear masks for shopping and transit, but that's it.

I hate people, so I am a fan of social distancing. People are getting sloppy with it and I almost got into a fight with a couple of assholes at the store last week who wouldn't back the fuck up while we were waiting in line.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2020 1:51 PM

I live in philly and yes, still social distancing, and still wearing a mask everywhere. our numbers have gone down CONSISTENTLY over the past four weeks and I think we should all want that to continue.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2020 1:55 PM

PPE? No. No gloves. No mask when outside walking for exercise. I'm going to a party in a couple weeks, so will take a mask.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2020 1:55 PM

Last month, I went to a local nursery to buy plants for my balcony. Everybody was wearing masks and they had sanitizer at the door, etc. I felt fine, but twice someone came up to me to ask me where I found a particular planter I had in my cart. Stood right next to me and I'll admit I felt odd having a stranger that close.

Over at the parks, on the nature trails, people are pretty good about distancing. Or at least trying. When passing people on the narrow trails, I'll either step off the trail to make more space, or just turn to look the other way until they pass.

I have yet to see anybody freak out about having to wear a mask. However, I haven't been to the big-box stores or restaurants yet, and that seems to be where it happens.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2020 1:58 PM

I’m in LA

I still stay mostly at home. If I do leave just to get out, it’s for a walk early in the morning. I have a scarf, but I only wear it if others are around (which is rare at sunrise, even in the city).

Gloves are pointless, Just don’t touch stuff, especially your face, and wash your hands

I will go inside businesses only if I have to, and will wear a mask every time. The stores I go to mandate masks and everyone does so.

I’ve just starting meeting friends for walks. We stay at least 6’ apart and wear masks, but it gives us a chance to talk.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2020 1:59 PM

Wisconsin. I've never worn a mask or gloves. In a store I will social distance as much as is practicable. I have never bought into the hysterical hype about this disease. I worry about it about as much as I worry about any other infectious virus, that is, not at all.

Flame away.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2020 2:01 PM

Morons are not taking the relatively simple, lifesaving precautions because if they don’t see it, it doesn’t exist.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2020 2:03 PM

Why should we bother to flame you, r27?

You’re not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2020 2:04 PM

hope you're dead within the season

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2020 2:04 PM

Because bitches love to bitch, R29.

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2020 2:05 PM

I still always wear a mask and use sanitizer after coming out of a store (keep a small bottle in the car).

I can't really say I ever social "distanced" because it is practically impossible. You cannot keep 6 feet away from people in a grocery/liquor store or CostCo. The stores were just not designed for that.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2020 2:07 PM

London here. We still maintain social distancing and in typical British fashion, it's being met with a smiley eyeroll of acceptance.

We're not allowed on public transport without a facemask. My local train station had police on the platform enforcing this the other morning.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2020 2:07 PM

Went shopping on my day off yesterday. I wore the mask in Walmart and Krogers, but forgot it in the car at Dollar Tree.

The cashiers and employees at the stores: 50%. And zero at Dollar Tree.

Mostly people were not wearing the masks, and there was no social distancing at all. Most people wearing the masks were African Americans.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2020 2:07 PM

And trolls are gonna troll, r31

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2020 2:11 PM

It’s interesting r34 — I’m glad you mentioned that because when I see people not wearing masks and not social distancing it’s usually black or Hispanic people so I see my experience has been purely anecdotal.

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2020 2:12 PM

Never wore a mask unless I had to to ride a bus or shop. Never wore gloves or did "social distancing".

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2020 2:12 PM

I don't know where you are R36, but here it's rare to see a black person without a face mask. Tons of white people without them.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2020 2:17 PM

I'm in Renton. A midsize town 20 min south of Seattle. I wear a mask when shopping in crowds but that's pretty much it.

When I go to Seattle though I go the whole hog. Mask, gloves sanitizer. Seattle was pretty much ground zero for The 'Rona back in early 2020

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2020 2:19 PM

I'm not a brain-dead, egomaniacal, F-the-rest-of-the-world asswipe. So, yes I am, OP.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2020 2:30 PM

Here in LA, my experience has also been that Blacks, Latinos and Asians are wearing masks fairly consistently. Whites are about 50/50

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2020 2:32 PM

I’m outside of Washington DC. Everyone wears masks to go shopping but they’ve stopped making you wait in line to go in stores in small groups. I carry hand sanitizer but don’t wear gloves. I went to one outdoor restaurant two weeks ago and you order from your phone. I socialize with small groups and had a birthday party, but of course don’t touch anyone or get very close.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2020 2:33 PM

R12 CT Shoreline town.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2020 2:36 PM

I wear a mask any time I'm out of the house and around other people. I do not wear gloves. If I drive somewhere I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the car at all times and I use it once I return to the car. Then I wash my hands once I get home. I also keep a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol and once home I spray my face mask down thoroughly and hang it up to dry.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2020 2:37 PM

R9 I get your point. When we have most people we keep our distances. Blankets and towels mark the 6 feet of distance when we are in the garden. We’ve hosted two dinners inside, one was another couple, the other was a single friend: both leaves in the table kept us far apart, I plated and served the meals, husband cleared the dishes afterwards. This kept the guests at the far end of the room so we didn’t have to walk by them to and from the kitchen.

Yes, it’s not 100 percent Book of Fauci, but after 2 months of isolation, we were crazed for some socialization. And when I say “conscientious friends” I mean ones who took this as seriously (or more) as we did back in March... but weren’t judgy or hypocritical about it.

In fact, I may be the weakest link of the group as I had to travel for work. I was gone 5 days. I was 10 days into a new self-isolation routine when my husband’s antibody test came back positive. We are still limiting our exposure to people: keeping distance and avoiding contact, because the science behind antibodies is still lacking.

Meanwhile my two escapee friends still want to meet up for dinner sometime soon. I don’t want to go at all now. I’ve been stewing over their behaviour and realize I will no longer be entertained by their contortion show of rationalization

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2020 2:52 PM

^^^

When we have met people we have kept our distance

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2020 2:53 PM

I wear both. I have no idea of the personal hygiene, habits and health of the unwashed masses.

I have seen my friends in private in the past couple of weeks. Hopefully, it doesn't bite me in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2020 3:06 PM

I’m limiting sexual activity to just one friend and his boyfriend. I think it should be fine.

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2020 3:09 PM

I added it up the other day and I've been in one kind of medical facility or another at least 20 times since early March (labs, dentists, drugstores, doctors, injections, infusions, echocardiogram) always masked and often gloved. Supermarkets? At least twice a week (usually as an add-on to one of the medical trips) and always masked and sometimes gloved. That's at least fifty encounters and the antibody test (from one of those lab visits) was negative.

Mask wearing in public spaces (including on the sidewalks seen on my daily walks) is the law in Massachusetts with violations carrying a $300 fine. Mask use appears to be almost universal at least in Cambridge and Boston when I've been out and about, and that's the biggest reason the daily numbers of infections and deaths in Massachusetts, early on one of the most hard-hit states, continue to fall.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2020 3:09 PM

I too live in Massachusetts. Still doing all the precautions and stuff. I mask and sanitize when I go to my local tiny market; I don't see anyone besides my family; and don't do anything recreational in public, like protest or go have a picnic. I will walk a trail now...but I will do a drive-by first to see if it's busy (lots of cars) or empty before I park and invest in the hike.

Yes, I am retired so it makes it super easy to stay in my bubble indefinitely. I'd be in a totally different boat if I had to work.

I'm fairly proud of the way Massachusetts has handled the virus. I don't want to go back to normal, since it is NOT normal at all yet. The virus is still getting people everywhere. Why on earth risk it when we are still in Wave One?

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2020 3:23 PM

Senior citizen writing from the Olympic Peninsula- I wear a mask when shopping or in public where other people are around and try to social distance. Desperately need a hair cut but worry about safety. I cut my own hair and it and it's an uneven mess.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2020 3:51 PM

Yes, social distancing, masked up always in public. My office reopened this week with modified hours, staggered shifts, still 50% WFH, and strict social distancing. There are still morons all around me on the streets wearing masks wrong or not at all. Plenty of side eye in certain places when I’m in the minority in my mask. People are so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2020 3:57 PM

I still wear a mask when I'm in stores and other establishments. There's outdoor dining again where I live and the one time I went (I really have no desire to be out regularly), I didn't wear a mask since I was eating and drinking - everything was spaced pretty far apart. Though I was closer than six feet to the other people at my table.

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2020 4:05 PM

Yes. Cloth mask anytime we leave the house (several times per day to hike or walk the dog), N95 if we set foot into a building. We've been going to get groceries in person more often, at which times we add gloves.

I visit my mother every other week, but remain masked and try to stay distant and/or sit outside on her patio. It's tough because she has hearing loss, so between the mask and the distancing I have to shout. I've had some family members to my house for a cookout; again, masks but seated apart outdoors.

Have no plans to visit a restaurant anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2020 4:07 PM

I wear a P-95 gas mask when I go anywhere. We haven’t eaten anything from restaurants or take always since the lockdown. I work from home now so I hardly leave the house. I’ve become a shut-in.

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2020 4:10 PM

Dallas. I venture to the grocery store and wear a mask. I don't wear a mask when I walk early in the morning. These days, I go out so early, I rarely run into anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2020 4:20 PM

Wear a mask when out, gloves for shopping etc. In Brooklyn, going into Manhattan for the first time since March 7 for a dentist appointment. Taking the East River ferry, will glove on the ferry both ways with mask.

by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2020 4:26 PM

I wear mask and gloves every time I leave the apartment.

I have been social distancing since the day I was born. Possibly before.

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2020 4:28 PM

I bought a full hazmat suit. Only that will do. At the backdoor there’s a small room that is now a decontamination station.

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2020 4:38 PM

If you're eating at a restaurant, even outside, and not wearing a mask or social distancing from anyone outside of your household at least 6 feet at all times, you are NOT social distancing,

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2020 4:42 PM

NJ

Masks are mandatory for all stores, and I'm more than fine with that. I also go during the early hour, and so consequently I never feel like I'm going to catch anything there.

I don't wear a mask when I'm walking, but I carry it around in case I see someone approaching - in which case I immediately put it on.

I don't wear gloves. I don't see the point. Gloves get just as contaminated as your hands once you touch something. I make sure never to touch my eyes/nose/mouth, and always wash my hands once I get home. I always presume everything I touch is contaminated, including my own car's steering wheel.

Restaurants are now open with partial capacity, and some have closed off their parking lots to make way for outdoor dining. That's something I won't do, and so in the meantime, I just do take-out when it comes to restaurants, which is several times a week.

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2020 4:49 PM

Chicago. In my area (Lincoln Park / Lakeview) most people on the sidewalks are wearing masks. In the park areas, about 50/50 of the people running/walking/riding do. I go to the grocery about every 2 weeks at 7am when there are fewer people and the majority of them wear masks. My condo building is still on "lock down" with no inside deliveries allowed, and no housekeepers or non essential visitors. The lakefront parks are opening soon, as are restaurants for inside dining. It's good to see that Chicago and the state are now seeing a decline in new cases. I'm over 60 so I plan to continue to wear a mask and carry my pocket-size hand sanitizer whenever I go out for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2020 5:00 PM

From what I’ve read, the odds of contracting this from surfaces are very low, so I’m not wearing gloves or going overboard with hand sanitizer. I’m also generally not wearing a mask if I go for a walk.

But I’m wearing one at work and I’m avoiding public places entirely and probably will until there’s a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2020 5:25 PM

I wear a mask where ever I go but only wear gloves to medical visits and when I pump gas. I use a lot of hand sanitizer so I figure I'm ok. I avoid most stores and only go shopping when I need to. I went to the cemetery this morning to take care of some family graves and didn't take a mask, but worry that I didn't as there were several elderly people in the same area just as I was getting there. I waited until the left. My doctor said I have a better chance of getting hit by a bus than catching the virus in the open air. I don't know. I avoid close contact as a rule and doubly so now. Most of the people I see out and about are not wearing masks. I'm in a small Canadian city.

by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2020 5:33 PM

Yeah of course. I live in the NYC area, directly across the river in NJ. There is still a local ordinance for wearing masks in Essential places of business here. They just allowed outside seating only for restaurants; seats are too fucking close for people eating without masks. I’m not doing it

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2020 5:36 PM

Palm Springs. Mixed bag of masks, those who wear them improperly and those who wear none at all.

Where I volunteer gloves and masks are mandatory as are daily temp takings. Sanitizer and washing hands more frequently. At home, roomies are seniors, so have to be on one particularly for masks and cleaning.

So far, we ain't got it, nor anyone else I know.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2020 5:37 PM

It's not just about the risk to you, these measures are meant to slow the spread so hospitals aren't over burdened and at-risk groups are best protected.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2020 5:37 PM

R14 NYCTechie you can get great Orange Chicken in your neighborhood the Chinese restaurant across the street from the PO. I think they also have Orange Flavor Beef and another with shrimp. This is where I go when I crave this dish.

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2020 5:46 PM

My husband and I work from home, and wear a mask when we go into stores (which is as seldom as possible). We don't wear masks when walking in the parks around our house, since we are only around someone when passing by them. I'm in the Columbus area, and I've noticed that the better the area of town, the higher percentage of people wearing masks.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2020 5:49 PM

I’m leaving my home for the second time since March 16 this evening. I’m wearing a mask to our local bar and hopefully, if my favorite bartender is there, enjoying two perfectly delicious martinis, then going home. I feel like I have to brave society at some point, but I’m not entirely sure why.

I may yet back out.

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2020 5:54 PM

Your first trip outside is to a bar?

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2020 5:56 PM

They had video of Gov Ducey of AZ on the news last night wearing a mask, I think for the first time. There's been some sea change and the deplorables - especially the electable deplorables - are backtracking as they know their libertarian mask views are found retrograde by too many voters to ignore.

Moreover, each city will be able to decide masking, and city councils are voting on the topic over the next couple weeks. This, as infection rates skyrocketed after opening back up. The hospitals are running out of ventilators again.

I wear my mask everywhere and carry/use a little bottle of sanitizer, but nobody else is doing this now and I get tons of side-eye. A favorite of mine is men - it's always men - who wear their mask on their head. Haven't seen any covid kippot yet though.

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2020 6:00 PM

Masks are required indoors here, and I am happy to wear one.

I don't wear one when I am outside, just keep my distance from people.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2020 6:06 PM

I'm in Indiana. I wear a mask if I am in any type of establishment. I don't wear gloves but have hand sanitizer with me and Clorox wipes in the car. I don't venture out much as I am in high risk group. Groceries are delivered and I sanitize all that can be sanitized. I use Grubhub for some meals otherwise drive up/curbside service. I have reverted to old fashioned drive up window at bank to cash a check for cash rather than touch the ATM. I clean wallet, keys, phone and any objects I purchase when I get home. If I am in my yard, I have not been wearing a mask but may have to going forward since my ignorant neighbors are walking over an not social distancing. I just keep backing up to keep distance. Most of my friends are probably 50% compliant. It has been suggested to me I am over cautious, but it's my life so I will continue to be as diligent as I can. Since I am an elder gay man, I am no longer going into an office, so that reduces that risk. Since I am a homebody, it has not been bad to shelter in place.

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2020 6:09 PM

Columbus, Ohio. Still wearing a mask and trying to stay in as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2020 6:14 PM

Bar/restaurant. Yes. Would you prefer I go to church, R71?

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2020 6:31 PM

R76 you gonna get pozzed. Rather make those delicious martinis at home luv.

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2020 6:36 PM

I always wear a mask out of doors. I'm out of gloves, but carry hand sanitizer in my pocket and use it. I have eaten at a couple of restaurants' outdoor patios. The only close contact I have had since early March was participating in a local BLM march -and everyone there wore masks and tried to keep social distance. FYI, I had Covid19 early on (got it from someone I work with). I don't worry so much about getting it, and I don't think after all this time I could give it to anyone else, but I'm a rule-follower and feel like not wearing a mask shows a great deal of contempt for the safety of the people around you.

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2020 6:56 PM

I do appreciate your concern R77, you’re very kind. But these are REALLY good martinis.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2020 7:04 PM

cover his mouth but not his dick!

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2020 8:55 PM

R68: Thanks JCGuy, but I don't really like their food that much...I went there once and that was enough for me. Too orangy for me. I do like Grand Sichuan's Chicken Broccoli on Grove though.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2020 10:08 PM

DC - Wear a mask always indoors...I wear one when I walk my dog I kind of keep it down and when I see someone pull it up. People are still wearing masks not as much outdoors now.

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2020 10:27 PM

R68 and r81: there is a real gap in good Chinese restos in JC right now. I’m not a huge fan of the JC Grand Sichuan as I was of the one in the East 30s. Better Korean and Vietnamese here I think.

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2020 10:35 PM

I wear a mask and gloves and try very hard to practice social distancing because of my age and my underlying medical condition. Also, because I'm not stupid.

Bumper sticker seen in Iowa: "If you don't like the mask you're really not going to like the respirator."

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2020 10:46 PM

That should be on a t-shirt R84

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2020 10:48 PM

I don't do much with gloves. I am so paranoid I have little fear of touching my face. If I know I am going to encounter a high touch surface I do. For example, if I drive somewhere and use one, I don't want to have to clean up the steering wheel, too.

I don't wear a mask when I walk the dog because it's easy to avoid people. I wear a mask everywhere else.

I wash my hands so much I wish it helped with weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2020 10:50 PM

I'm also big on the six feet thing. One thing Covid has done is made me better at stating my boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2020 10:51 PM

R48 - bitch you can still get it from sexual contact with 2 people who may not always be social distancing. Hell, I had a chance with a sexy young Italian pilot, an adorable cub, and passed up as I knew he was flying and fucking and the fucking didn't stop after lockdown out here in Romania. I haven't touched anyone since January and my roommate isn't even old and a beautiful woman and she hasn't had any since November.

There are men on Grindr but I am not fucking with this virus at my age.

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2020 10:51 PM

I live in NYC and when I’m out and about on the sidewalk, I maintain a distance of >6 ft at all times. I cannot wear the mask (any mask) while walking. I can’t figure out how to breathe with it on so that I don’t start panicking and hyperventilating. Of course I wear a mask when I’m in a store, but by the time I’m done shopping, I feel like I’m having an out-of-body experience.

When I pass by people I just hold my breath until we’re a safe distance. That’s good enough.

by Anonymousreply 89June 18, 2020 11:06 PM

mask for MASC

by Anonymousreply 90June 18, 2020 11:11 PM

[quote] can’t figure out how to breathe with it on so that I don’t start panicking and hyperventilating.

oh, FUCKING MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 91June 18, 2020 11:11 PM

Fuck you, R91, I’m not the only one who has that problem. It’s not a “Mary” thing. I hope you get COVID, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 92June 18, 2020 11:18 PM

Chapel Hill, and yes, mask and gloves when I go to any store (just grocery and hardware). Maybe ⅓ of everybody else bothers.

by Anonymousreply 93June 18, 2020 11:20 PM

I feel comfortable outdoors, and I’ll only wear a mask if others are nearby.

Indoors is scary. It’ll be a long time before I go into a restaurant or bar

by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2020 11:29 PM

Boston: Yes, I was out today and wore gloves and a mark.

I did see a Rolfer, and we didn’t wear marks in person.

by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2020 11:47 PM

I wear a mask inside stores. I don't really social distance unless I have to stand on one of those 6 foot markers in a store.

by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2020 11:53 PM

I’m in South Brooklyn and always wear a mask and one glove when I leave my apartment (bare hand for personal items, gloved hand for everything else). I social distance as much as physically possible. The vast majority of people in my neighborhood neither wear masks nor gloves (unless in stores that require them) and completely ignore social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2020 12:08 AM

Mask - unless I’m driving. Then it’s around my neck.

by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2020 12:23 AM

I really do not understand people and never will.

There is no cure for this virus, it is very infectious.

This virus targets people with underlying health conditions which is pretty much all of humanity.

Social distancing and wearing face coverings reduce transmissions of the virus.Most people recover from covid but many have long term and debilitating side effects.

Drs are still figuring out how to treat covid patients.

Why is wearing a face covering and staying away from others so hard to do?

New Zealand got rid of this shit using all precautions.

by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2020 12:28 AM

Posting from a Dem. city in a GOP state.

Yes to PPE (clean masks, fresh gloves) and social distancing.

I limit outside activities, have had two family members in the house twice since the end of Feb and that's it, am working from my offices at my residence and not going into the job site at all.

And I curse people who are potentially endangering others and themselves.

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2020 12:43 AM

I do, even though I'm certain I already had it. I'm worried I will catch it again, maybe not so much this summer but in the fall or winter months.

by Anonymousreply 101June 19, 2020 12:53 AM

You expect six-year-olds to participate in regular active-shooter drills at school -You can wear a mask to Walmart.

Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2020 1:28 AM

I do worry about the winter and am starting to stock up on supplies. It's going to be a particularly hateful January/February.

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2020 1:33 AM

Do you still wipe down your groceries when you get home from the supermarket? I only wipe down perishables and things I'm going to eat within the next 48 hours.

by Anonymousreply 104June 19, 2020 1:48 AM

R104, I read that the virus lasts longer when refrigerated, so I wash ice cream containers. I can’t vouch for the allegation. The rest, I just shrug about that.

by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2020 2:20 AM

Im in N. Fl and I still wear a mask everywhere and always carry a wipe in my hands to touch door handles and what not. More and more people arent bothering however , and that baffles me as its no secret we are one of the states with soaring infections.

by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2020 2:39 AM

[quote]It’s not a “Mary” thing. I hope you get COVID, asshole.

get a fucking grip, you get Covid. it's a pandemic, fucking get the fuck over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2020 3:06 AM

I wear a double mask and nitrile gloves. I may stop wearing the gloves because I keep dropping and sometimes losing things out of my pants pockets since when I search for change or my phone I can't feel what I'm dropping. I wear a long sleeve shirt but I'm getting so hot I don't know how much longer I can do that. BTW, I live in Bklyn, NY. I see about 60% of people wearing masks. I don't see anyone else wearing gloves. I'm allergic to latex too. I get nitrile gloves. Costco used to have the best ones but have not had them since March.

R5, how do you keep your goggles from fogging up. I tried it and I couldn't see out of them. The mask makes my breath fog them. Maybe it's just me like I have too warm breath or something.

R7, don't feel guilty. ITA and wish the same thing and wish it too about the no mask protesters or really anyone who is so selfish and evil that they would sooner kill those of us who do the right thing than do something as simple as wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2020 3:16 AM

CA and our governor just made masks a statewide requirement.

In the East Bay and we are in a gentrified neighborhood with lots of hyper-educated people amongst working class natives. 80% wear masks when doing walks, 50% when actively working out (shocking to me - I can't run with a mask). 100% when indoors at stores. Social distancing is hard in our smaller spaces, but most are mindful.

Fortunate, we are.

by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2020 3:30 AM

Thanks for the update, Yoda.

by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2020 3:33 AM

This is crazy:

AMC Theater CEO Adam Aron says their cinemas won't require masks upon reopening because they didn't "want to be drawn into a political controversy"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2020 4:24 AM

That is the wrong message from the CEO of AMC.

This ceo should be making it clear AMC is doing everything to protect it's staff and customers from the spread of this virus, he says eh opposite after the chain has been closed for nearly four months, losing significant revenue.

Get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2020 12:30 PM

Wearing a mask or facecovering in public spaces is not a political gesture, it's small effort that requires almost no effort to contain the spread of this virus, there is no cure for covid.

Wearing a mask and social distancing is interpreted as "political" by Trumpers who deny this virus is exists.

Their interpretation of this terrible moment as a hoax created to make dump look bad, and dismissing others as pussies who live in fear is a disrespectful political gesture.

Get rid of the CEO of AMC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote]Wearing a mask or facecovering in public spaces is not a political gesture, it's small effort that requires almost no effort to contain the spread of this virus, there is no cure for covid.

hear, hear

by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2020 12:47 PM

Austin. Definitely wear a mask/stay home as much as possible/see almost 100% mask compliance in shops but not at the lake or creeks. Majority of hospitalizations here are people under 30.

by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2020 12:48 PM

Who's going to enter a theatre knowing people in there are coughing, sneezing, laughing, etc. without wearing a mask. It's hard enough to get people back in the theatres with 100% mask compliance.

I think Trump turning mask wearing i political is (after kids in cage)s the worst thing he's done as President.

by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2020 12:59 PM

R88, I held out for 4 months. It was all I could stand. It was fairly low risk. I can’t possibly go without sex for two years.

by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2020 1:19 PM

you could

by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2020 1:26 PM

[quote]AMC Theater CEO Adam Aron says their cinemas won't require masks

"Enjoy the movie, it might the last one you ever see."

by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2020 1:29 PM

That ventilator makes your butt look real sexy

by Anonymousreply 120June 19, 2020 1:30 PM

Living and working in Maryland. Essential worker here, so I've been in the public during the pandemic. We have mandatory mask wearing. At the big box store I work at, you must wear a mask and they are enforcing it. Really, fellow Americans and citizens. Wash hands, wear a mask, keep your distance. Do we not care enough about our fellow mankind, that we can't do the basics? If you have a medical reason not to wear a mask, stay home. There is enough for delivery, grocery delivery, online shopping so you don't have to have your Karen moment in a store, because you feel your body cannot handle a mask. I've gave some southern hick millennial the stink eye, as he kept walking in and out if a food takeout, not wearing a mask. I gave him the stink eye all the way to his car. His girlfriend pointed at me, and as they drive off, he waved his mask out the window and yelled 'fuck you'. A millennial Karen.

by Anonymousreply 121June 19, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote]Do we not care enough about our fellow mankind, that we can't do the basics?

Republican lawmakers, empowered by Republican voters, have spent decades trying to dismantle Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and every other safety net afforded the citizens of this country.

If we have to rely on their sense of goodwill, we're screwed.

(SPOILER ALERT: We're screwed.)

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2020 1:44 PM

[quote] you could

That would be absurd. Look, I’m not like the eldergays here who haven’t had sex since 1992. I’m being reasonable about it, but I’m not going to be crazy about this.

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2020 1:50 PM

Oh R117 , just you wait ,honey . Eventually 4 months will seem like a mere second in going without sex. Father Time is a cruel taskmaster .

by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2020 3:16 PM

Brooklyn here. Gloves and mask when I leave the house. I combine excursions to limit my time out of the house.

I still change clothes when I come home as well. Unemployed too but I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2020 3:22 PM

I’m already over 40, R124.

by Anonymousreply 126June 19, 2020 3:44 PM

The news from Florida is kind of disturbing. 4000 new cases in one day. While I wear my mask when I go out and wash my hands until they are raw. Are we really getting a handle on this thing?

by Anonymousreply 127June 19, 2020 3:53 PM

arizona just got 3400 new cases yesterday

by Anonymousreply 128June 19, 2020 4:45 PM

R127 - Florida reopened too early (and the gov, visitors and residents are idiots). That's the issue there. Not a good reference state.

by Anonymousreply 129June 19, 2020 4:52 PM

[quote]I’m leaving my home for the second time since March 16 this evening. I’m wearing a mask to our local bar and hopefully, if my favorite bartender is there, enjoying two perfectly delicious martinis, then going home.

Do any of you seek out any actual information outside of DL, ever? Bars are among the highest risk settings for transmission. You haven't left your house twice in three months, but you're jumping right into the highest risk activity??? Are you insane???

by Anonymousreply 130June 19, 2020 5:07 PM

in our area you can get a take out drink, even a martini in some cases. maybe this fool did that

by Anonymousreply 131June 19, 2020 5:22 PM

R130 is a reflection of what a lot of people are doing: 0 to 180.

by Anonymousreply 132June 19, 2020 5:46 PM

R112 AMC has already walked it back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 19, 2020 5:50 PM

R133: As If.

by Anonymousreply 134June 19, 2020 6:04 PM

R134: How so?

[italic]"Guests coming to our theaters may bring their own masks of course, but for those who do not have one, masks will be available at our theater box offices at a nominal $1.00 price. Those who are unwilling to wear a mask will not be admitted or allowed to stay.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2020 6:08 PM

guests will be flogged

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2020 6:47 PM

Are the theaters going to have people going around once the lights go down to make sure everyone still has their mask on? Are they going to sell food or allow anything to be eaten or allow anyone to drink anything? If so people will be without masks. If they don't and can't sell their grossly overprices shit at the concession stand there goes most of their profits.

Opening theaters is just not a good fit for this time. There is no real way to keep it safe, especially if food is involved and my guess is 95% of movie goers eat something while watching a movie. Oh, and let's not forget the saliva coated fingers touching everything around them like the arm rests and such.

by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2020 8:15 PM

[quote]Look, I’m not like the eldergays here who haven’t had sex since 1992. I’m being reasonable about it, but I’m not going to be crazy about this.

Yes, that comparison is the very definition of reason.

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2020 8:30 PM

Which is to say it was childish, self indulgent, defensive and rationalized.

Best of luck... remember to cough into your elbow, please.

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2020 8:31 PM

I wear a mask every time I leave my car. I keep my mask in my car.

I have watched un masked and un gloved Karens at the grocerie store touch EVERYTHING in a grocerie aisle and PUT EVERYTHING BACK on the shelves. I wear GARDEN gloves and imagine everything I put in my cart is covered in manure until I suds up everything (or remove it from its box), at home.

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2020 8:38 PM

I wear the mask

by Anonymousreply 141June 19, 2020 8:39 PM

I live in Chicago and if I go into a business my mask goes on.

by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2020 8:47 PM

I’ve had to stop looking at my local paper’s FB page. Every article about Covid-19 is littered with comments about how it’s all fear-mongering, fake news, a Democrat conspiracy, Communism, etc. This is a large city newspaper, not some podunk town rag.

by Anonymousreply 143June 19, 2020 9:21 PM

Yes!

And snarling at anyone who violates my 2m exclusion zone.

“You planning on going to the cemetery soon? Well I ain’t going with you. Get the fuck away from me!.”

Works a charm.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2020 12:43 AM

We're obviously still having problems in NYC, but recall when at the beginning of all of this, we NYers were ridiculed by other parts of the country who acted as though we were incompetent and going overboard.

We told them it was coming for them and they had a chance to prepare and now the numbers are going up in those places while NY is steady.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2020 2:57 AM

I hate that I'm feeling this way but I have really been wishing that all those who still think this is a hoax because their god said so before he said it wasn't and even those who aren't wearing masks, or distancing and putting us all at risk or at the very least will get us, here in NYC, closed down again would die of Covid and that it would definitely be listed as cause of death even in the reddest states that lie about it. I don't want them to just get it. I want them off the face of the earth from it. They are a danger to those of us who follow the rules. I stayed in my apartment for 3 months. I wash my hands till they bleed from skin cracks. I clean everything that comes into my apartment and in the first week I went out it was such a hassle to get all my clothes off as soon as I come through my door, before I contaminated the entire apartment and so long to wash up, not just my hands by my hair and face and still I'm scared to death that I'm going to get it from the mother fuckers that pass close to me who are not wearing a mask that I don't know if I'm even going to go out again.

It's so unjust that they do everything they can to invite a deadly disease to kill them and they stay healthy. I think I've become psychotically bitter.

by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2020 3:50 AM

endless mass protests during a health pandemic.

genius.

by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2020 4:41 AM

I agree R147. The protests should not have been allowed at this time. But good luck with telling people that!

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2020 5:04 AM

Wear a fucking mask!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2020 10:39 AM

Yes, They just opened up restaurants here but I don't plan on going soon. I rarely go out except to shop for groceries and then always wear a mask. But unfortunately since wearing a mask has been politicized the Repug wingnuts here won't wear masks.

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2020 11:40 AM

[quote] R150: But unfortunately, [italic] since Trump and the Repug wingnuts [/italic] politicized the wearing of masks, said wingnuts won't wear them here.

Refined it for you.

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2020 12:01 PM

[quote] endless mass protests during a health pandemic.

Aren't most of them are wearing masks?

Plus they're outdoors, which reduces transmission (as compared with indoor gatherings - like a church or a Trump rally - both of places attended by people who tend not to wear masks).

by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2020 12:34 PM

[quote]Plus they're outdoors, which reduces transmission (as compared with indoor gatherings - like a church or a Trump rally - both of places attended by people who tend not to wear masks).

True, but even outdoors if you're shoulder-to-shoulder with someone, there could be transmission.

The 6' rule applies outdoors too.

by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2020 12:42 PM

This morning in coronavirus:

• 54,000 new cases in Brazil in a single day

• 81 countries seeing daily totals on the rise

• U.S. deaths approach 120,000

• WHO says a "new and dangerous phase" is upon us

by Anonymousreply 154June 20, 2020 1:08 PM

Reuters: Australia’s second most populous state announced on Saturday it will reinstate tighter restrictions on home and public gatherings after logging a double digit rise in coronavirus cases for a fourth straight day.

The restrictions, which come into force on Monday and will last until July 12, reverse a relaxation of the rules at the start of this month that had allowed for home and outdoor gatherings of up to 20 people.

“It is unacceptable that families anywhere in our state just because they want this to be over pretend that it is. It is not over,” Andrews said at a televised media conference, noting a rise in family transmissions since April.

by Anonymousreply 155June 20, 2020 1:10 PM

If I'm walking around locally I do not wear a mask -- it's not a crowded area and at most I will pass one or two other people and one of us will cross the road.

In stores, the few times I've gone, everyone is wearing a mask and I suspect anyone without one would not be allowed in and/or set upon by the other customers.

by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2020 1:15 PM

R152, those masks aren't staying on all the time and the protestors are shouting, which can spread the virus, and sweating, lots of bodies next to each other, etc. It's very irresponsible.

by Anonymousreply 157June 20, 2020 1:20 PM

R148, the BLM protests are allegedly justified because white supremacists protested the lockdowns and that's white privilege. Or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 158June 20, 2020 1:23 PM

black and hispanic people have a higher mortality rate from covid.

police brutality has to end, but massive protests during a health crisis?

no.

the economy is opening up just as the numbers are spiking, the mass protests helped opened everything up sooner than it should.

by Anonymousreply 159June 20, 2020 1:28 PM

Only when indoors, when I can. I work in health care and have been exposed many times, as have my colleagues. Of my 25 colleagues, only 4 have gotten it.

by Anonymousreply 160June 20, 2020 1:32 PM

[quote]endless mass protests during a health pandemic.

the medical authorities have studied this, in minneapolis, philadelphia and the like, and a big uptick in cases so far hasn't occurred.

by Anonymousreply 161June 20, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote]the economy is opening up just as the numbers are spiking, the mass protests helped opened everything up sooner than it should.

correlation is not causation

by Anonymousreply 162June 20, 2020 2:42 PM

Went to an estate sale thurs (1st one in 3 months) and the ad CLEARLY stated masks are required . When I got to the house there was also a 3 foot sign by the door saying "masks are required " as well as a table with masks and hand sanitizer provided . As I was looking around a guy about my age (60) comes in sans mask . The little old lady by the door very politely informed him masks were required (like the ad and the 3 foot sign didnt clue him in ) and he was off. "Im healthy as a horse,I have my rights,'Murica' ! " etc. The little old dear tried to reason with him,but of course he wasnt having it so she snapped and flat out told him "Sir,this is a private home and the owner doesnt want people without masks in it so either comply or leave! " He grumbled and snipped all the way out the door . I thought to myself that it seems like its MY age group (45-65) that acts like this . Were we a bunch of selfish assholes back then ???

by Anonymousreply 163June 20, 2020 2:53 PM

viruses don't care who you vote for

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 20, 2020 3:14 PM

I was too young when AIDS first appeared on the scene to understand all of what was going on, but there seems to be parallels forming. I think, while some may not be saying it, are starting to view Covid as a disease that minorities get which is why you see such a pushback on wearing masks and the cries to open up before places are ready. To some of this open up crowd, Covid is killing all the right people. This same crowd behaved the same way when AIDS was killing gay men.

by Anonymousreply 165June 20, 2020 3:20 PM

R165 - I believe that too. So, as POC wear masks etc. Let the racist assholes continue to behave as if their superior genetics is immune - get suck and die.

by Anonymousreply 166June 20, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote] I thought to myself that it seems like its MY age group (45-65) that acts like this .

R163 my aunt has been working at a grocery store during all this and she says that elderly shoppers are the worst for refusing to follow rules in the store. If she says something to one of them they go off on her. And this is a Canadian city.

by Anonymousreply 167June 20, 2020 3:27 PM

R163 you should’ve kicked that guy in the nuts for being such a jerk! And arguing with a little old lady as well! What an ass!

by Anonymousreply 168June 20, 2020 5:15 PM

[quote] R163: Were we a bunch of selfish assholes back then ???

I don’t think that’s it. I think age, maybe 60+, brings with it a sense of invincibility and also fatalism. Especially true for 70+. I think those people feel they are going to die relatively soon anyway; and have already completed all the fun milestones of life, so don’t want to bother with inconveniences.

by Anonymousreply 169June 20, 2020 5:40 PM

r165, hear, hear

by Anonymousreply 170June 20, 2020 7:36 PM

But it’s switching now to killing Southerners. Also Californians, but otherwise, Red states.

by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2020 7:44 PM

floridians and arizonans mainly now

by Anonymousreply 172June 20, 2020 8:03 PM

I also think there's a stigma. A careful reading of the NY Times obituary sections makes me wonder every time and old white football coach and athlete dies. Also Jean Kennedy Smith - no cause of death was referenced. There are a few more but I cannot recall their names.

by Anonymousreply 173June 20, 2020 8:17 PM

I don't disagree, R173, because so many obituaries either make a point of saying it was Covid while at least as many seem to note that the cause of death was something else. And, as you say, some are mysterious and say nothing in terms of a cause.

But what kind of stigma can be attached to a disease you get from breathing? Sex? I get it - this is Puritanical America. Homosex? Double down on the Puritanical. But breathing?

by Anonymousreply 174June 20, 2020 8:37 PM

In NYC and, yes, I'm still masking and distancing. Going for my first haircut since February on Monday, and will be masking in the chair as well. Am going up to pick up dinner in a few minutes and hope I find a bar along the way with outside tables so I can have a drink.

by Anonymousreply 175June 20, 2020 8:55 PM

Flori-DUH has been lying about their stats all along.

There is a study produced that proves Florida had higher pneumonia deaths than usual this year compared to last year.

Their stats are skewed to list covid deaths as pneumonia as if no one can figure out what is going on!

It is a shame Floridians can not do the right thing because sitting on beach with white sand and blue water would be a welcome and healing experience after quarantine, their infection rates are climbing.

by Anonymousreply 176June 20, 2020 8:59 PM

The media is only covering the jerks, but the vast majority of people I've come into contact with have been wonderful.

I've found that store employees are friendlier than ever and doing everything they can to provide a safe shopping experience. I was especially impressed with my first visit to Target this week. They have an employee disinfecting the shopping carts when you walk in and they have arrows on the floor directing traffic in one direction. Everybody was so friendly and helpful. They're taking this seriously, as are most businesses.

by Anonymousreply 177June 20, 2020 9:04 PM

[quote]They're taking this seriously, as are most businesses.

I think a lot of businesses are doing their best. However, mask wearing is mandatory in enclosed public spaces in my state, and very few businesses are actually enforcing it.

by Anonymousreply 178June 20, 2020 9:07 PM

literally the eighties all over again

by Anonymousreply 179June 20, 2020 11:22 PM

The problem with the BLM protests are that now the Deplorables are saying "they are gathering in groups for protests so we shouldn't have to wear masks". I have seen it on my local news stories comments,

by Anonymousreply 180June 21, 2020 11:44 AM

[quote] literally the eighties all over again

Until I can turn on a top 40 radio station and hear good music, it most certainly is not.

by Anonymousreply 181June 21, 2020 12:36 PM

"they are gathering in groups for protests so we shouldn't have to wear masks".

the flawl in that argument is that the protesters uniformly wore masks

by Anonymousreply 182June 21, 2020 2:03 PM

The infection rates are rising just as we are emerging from quarantine.

People are more relaxed, refusing to social distance or wear a mask and I am worried.

by Anonymousreply 183June 21, 2020 2:57 PM

me too

by Anonymousreply 184June 21, 2020 6:50 PM

r183: Me too. I am stockpiling can goods, bottled water, meds, toiletries, PPE, cleaning supplies and batteries. I have a really bad feeling about post July 4th and Labor Day (July-Sept). Hope I am wrong (doubt it!).

by Anonymousreply 185June 21, 2020 8:07 PM

Yes, I’m a prisspot and overly cautious when it comes to the health and well-being of myself, my husband and our staff (who continue to get paid until they can safely return to service). I will not be taking chances.

by Anonymousreply 186June 21, 2020 8:20 PM

I agree

by Anonymousreply 187June 21, 2020 10:39 PM

R185 I am prepping those things we couldn’t find in April/May. Sanitizer, tp, paper towel, rice, flour. I’m good with meds vitamins. Considering shelf stable textured vegetable/protein or tofu, and shelf stable milk since procuring meat and milk were a real struggle in my area. My partner is allergic to legumes so unfortunately beans are a no go, but soy protein seems to be ok for him.

by Anonymousreply 188June 21, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote] R180: The problem with the BLM protests are that now the Deplorables are saying "they are gathering in groups for protests so we shouldn't have to wear masks". I have seen it on my local news stories comments,

People may rationalize an excuse not to wear their mask because they simply don’t want to, but it’s still a rationalization. They’d find another excuse, if this one didn’t exist.

Remember the saying, [italic] “if little Johnny jumped off the Gold Star Memorial Bridge, would you do so, too?” [/italic] maybe these imbeciles need to be reminded of this.

by Anonymousreply 189June 21, 2020 11:17 PM

Prostitutes refuse to wear face coverings, the mask is harmful to their earnings?

by Anonymousreply 190June 22, 2020 8:02 AM

I'm in New Zealand and everything is back to normal except the borders (for now anyway).

by Anonymousreply 191June 22, 2020 8:20 AM

congratulations

by Anonymousreply 192June 22, 2020 1:01 PM

Blaming spikes on protestors or conflating protesting police brutality with protesting WEARING A MASK; these are right wing tactics. No evidence supports the notion that the recent protests against police are spreading Covid more than other public contact like grocery shopping or going to a theater or a gym. It's been noted repeatedly, and a simple glance at photo and video evidence backs it up, that the folks protesting on the left about police brutality are doing so with almost 100% mask-wearing compliance.

by Anonymousreply 193June 23, 2020 4:55 PM

The usual bullshit MAGA/Right Wing tactics: “Don’t believe what you see with your own eyes, only what we tell you!!!!” Young/healthy protestors, wearing masks outside, are the reason for the uptick - NOT the older/fatter, non-mask wearing, deplorables inside casinos, restaurants, churches AND at Trump’s publicity stunt shows (oops, I meant “rallies”).

by Anonymousreply 194June 23, 2020 5:05 PM

HATE HATE HATE that southern and western cunts are ruining everything

by Anonymousreply 195June 23, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote]HATE HATE HATE that southern and western cunts are ruining everything

Give it a few weeks, northern numbers will be ramping up again.

by Anonymousreply 196June 23, 2020 9:48 PM

Heard a story from a friend in CT today (I am in FL, the land of "no masks"). Two women were in a nail salon and refused to wear masks; one said she had asthma and couldn't wear one. According to my friend, they were both entitled, loud and obnoxious. And they even insulted the Chinese manicurist, stating "this is all you and your people's fault anyway." Unfortunately, they were not turned away and received services. I guess people will put up with any kind of shit to compensate for the money lost during the lockdown.

But I think this incident may portend what may eventually happen in the NE-- another spike.

by Anonymousreply 197June 23, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote] Are you still wearing PPE and social distancing?

Fuck no. I'm over it.

Only wear it when I have to pick up necessities in lame stores that require a mask.

Otherwise, to hell with it.

by Anonymousreply 198June 23, 2020 10:50 PM

Not sure about nail salons but hair salons in CT are being unbelievably cautious. Meeting you outside for temperature check, taping mask to your face to make sure its sealed and plexiglass barriers. Women that get their nails done regularly may have a propensity for entitled cuntiness, so I don’t doubt this story at all.

by Anonymousreply 199June 23, 2020 11:41 PM

Whenever I leave my car, I wear a mask.

Back home, I take off my clothes, throw them in the hamper and take a light silkwood.

I imagine I am swimming through filth when I am out of my home.

by Anonymousreply 200June 24, 2020 12:00 AM

[quote] Give it a few weeks, northern numbers will be ramping up again.

I’ll cut a bitch who doesn’t wear her mask

by Anonymousreply 201June 24, 2020 1:05 AM

If you die of Covid, R198, please have a friend or relative post it here so the rest of us can have something to be happy about.

by Anonymousreply 202June 24, 2020 1:32 AM

R198, die, soon

by Anonymousreply 203June 24, 2020 1:34 AM

Aside from going for a walk outside just to get some fresh air, I always wear a mask when shopping or going to a Dr.'s appointment (it's mandatory for obvious reasons). I have high blood pressure, and my parents are both in their late 70's. There is no way in hell I am going to put myself and them at risk of catching it.

Some people are truly selfish, vain, stubborn, and self righteous. I have no problem giving them dirty looks when I see them walking around places with no mask on.

by Anonymousreply 204June 24, 2020 1:57 AM

... I forgot to add, I went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription today, and the employee ringing me up had her freaking mask just hanging around her neck.

by Anonymousreply 205June 24, 2020 2:00 AM

new zealanders did it right, I envy them.

by Anonymousreply 206June 24, 2020 2:03 AM

R206 New Zealanders aren't fat idiots slurping on supersized drive-thru meals sitting on their fat asses in air polluting tanks while zoned in on Candy Crush on their screens on their way to buy cheap Chinese made crap at WalMart since they've been hunkered down in their crappy hoarding central McMansions made of particle board.

by Anonymousreply 207June 24, 2020 2:14 AM

Totally agree r207, fucking depressing.

by Anonymousreply 208June 24, 2020 2:46 AM

One of the reasons we did so well is that the Ministry of Health said "stay home", so we did. We didn't fuck around screaming about "freedoms" etc and refusing to wear PPE - we did what the experts said. Other than shutting borders, compliance and a desire to do the best for the community are probably the main reason for our success.

by Anonymousreply 209June 24, 2020 4:52 AM

I am 48 years old and grew up in a poor area. My goal was to get out and get an education.

Nowadays, young people from the same area only want to shit out kids. They don’t “believe in science” (whatever that means.)

It’s time for a reset. The only surprise is how willingly the underclass are in participating in their own reset.

by Anonymousreply 210June 24, 2020 5:25 AM

r209.

This is America, count on Americans to do the wrong thing at all times.

Selfish and borderline retarded.

by Anonymousreply 211June 24, 2020 7:55 AM

R198 is depressingly typical.

by Anonymousreply 212June 24, 2020 11:07 AM

Fucking deplorable

by Anonymousreply 213June 24, 2020 12:55 PM

[quote]One of the reasons we did so well is that the Ministry of Health said "stay home", so we did. We didn't fuck around screaming about "freedoms" etc and refusing to wear PPE - we did what the experts said.

In Ontario, Canada, we're wishing mostly our experts and Ministry of Health would give us some specific direction. Everything is recommendations and patter they won't have to take responsibility for. It is so maddening to see what is likely coming when the damage could be limited. I'd kill to be a Kiwi and safely there in that beautiful country.

by Anonymousreply 214June 24, 2020 4:05 PM

I'd kill to eat a nice kiwi

by Anonymousreply 215June 24, 2020 4:59 PM

I'm wearing PPE and

EARRINGS

and caftans!

by Anonymousreply 216June 24, 2020 5:50 PM

I am still wearing mask, social distancing and carry multiple pairs of disposable gloves with me in addition to hand sanitizer and clorox wipes in my car.

I don't know what good it is doing me since I Iive in a tRump/DeSantis loving town full of deplorable idiots.

by Anonymousreply 217June 24, 2020 5:55 PM

R217, I'm genuinely sorry. It's hard enough where people get it. Must be so discouraging to live in a place where you're surrounded by people who don't. Hang in there, it won't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 218June 24, 2020 8:17 PM

Texans and Floridians did this (and yes, stupid Californians). You should rot in hell for your Selfishness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 24, 2020 10:52 PM

The Nevada governor just issued the

NO shirt, NO shoes, NO MASK, NO SERVICE order

effective Friday 06.26.2020

by Anonymousreply 220June 25, 2020 1:51 AM

R220 does that apply to casino slot players?

Because prior to that, only people at table games were required to wear a mask.

by Anonymousreply 221June 25, 2020 1:58 AM

I guess you're right, R220.

And just when visitors were starting to return to Vegas. Now they're going to stay away again:

"Las Vegas visitors, get ready to cover up. Travelers and residents in Nevada are now required to wear masks when they are indoors in a public place. That means visitors to the city’s dozens of hotel-casinos must wear face coverings, except when eating or drinking.

The order goes into effect 12:01 a.m. Friday.

"No shirt. No shoes. No mask. No service," Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak said Wednesday in announcing the order.

Citing guidance from health officials, Sisolak said masks would be required whenever people are indoors at a venue other than a private home. California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a similar mask requirement last week.

Nevada's state-wide order came as the number of COVID-19 cases is rising. As of Wednesday, the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services reported 14,362 confirmed cases and 494 deaths. In the 24-hour period included in Wednesday’s statistics, 365 new cases of the novel coronavirus were reported, the fifth highest number for a single day since reporting began.

Also, Caesars Entertainment on Wednesday launched its own mandatory mask policy. As the rule went into effect, security guards handed out face coverings at the company’s Las Vegas resorts. The requirement extends to all Caesars properties in the U.S. and Canada.

"Our intention is to talk to people at our properties who aren’t wearing masks, give them masks [and] ask them to wear them," said Rich Broome, a Caesars spokesman. "If they continue to refuse, we would ask them to leave the property."

MGM Resorts International announced masks would be mandatory for guests at all properties nationwide.

Nevada joins more than 15 states and the District of Columbia in issuing state-wide orders requiring people to wear face coverings. California, Washington state and New Mexico have orders in place, but not all orders are the same. Some require face coverings anywhere in public, others just at indoor or specific venues such as on mass transit.

Las Vegas started to reopen June 4 after casinos received a green light from health experts and the Nevada Gaming Control Board. Resorts have implemented new measures because of the pandemic, including placing Plexiglas barriers at gaming tables, requiring employees to wear masks and cleaning cards at the tables after each use.

Still, many visitors eager to party weren't inclined to social distance or wear masks as they hit the pool or the bar.

L.A. Times staff writer Arash Markazi said he was mask-shamed when he visited Vegas. He reflected on the vibe in his story: "Welcome to the new Las Vegas, where the coronavirus pandemic is in the mental rear-view mirror of many visitors, and mask shaming is in vogue for some tourists trying to return to normalcy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 25, 2020 2:02 AM

Cunts

by Anonymousreply 223June 25, 2020 2:43 AM

Some non-mask wearing moms in my area are planning a ticketed “prom” for their hs seniors even though the state law says it’s illegal to gather in groups more than 50. It will be in a banquet hall, wondering which state agency might want to know about that? Public health risk and all. My area is medium risk level right now.

by Anonymousreply 224June 25, 2020 6:55 PM

Of course they should: the banquet hall could lose its license.

And the kids could their lives, or at least a couple of weeks of them.

These people were all family. Look what happened to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 25, 2020 10:26 PM

Parties cause contagion, not protests

by Anonymousreply 226June 26, 2020 1:20 AM

This thread is barely a week old and it's already thoroughly debunked by reality.

by Anonymousreply 227June 26, 2020 1:52 AM

Reality of what? PPE? Or not?

by Anonymousreply 228June 26, 2020 2:48 AM

R197 what I find 'funny' about this is that those nail techs probably weren't even Chinese, most likely Vietnamese or Korean since they are notorious for running nail salons. Not saying they couldn't have been Chinese, but this would be the ignorance of these loud/obnoxious/customers...

by Anonymousreply 229June 26, 2020 3:42 AM

R198: The sad thing is that they actually are Chinese, and could not be lovelier to their customers. In this town in CT, all salons are Chinese. Very sad and fucked up what those two bitches did. Just WEAR A MASK!

by Anonymousreply 230June 26, 2020 11:20 PM

i wear a mask and gloves everywhere i go. I keep hand sanitizer and hand wipes in my car. I was at Target the other day and it was packed with people. I'd say only a quarter of the shoppers had masks on. It was infuriating to see.

by Anonymousreply 231June 27, 2020 12:00 AM

Actress Monika Smith:

I have spent this quarantine alone. I wear a mask every time I go out. I wash my groceries. Wipe down door knobs. Wash my hands incessantly. Grocery shop once a month. I’m immunocompromised & grew up a sick kid so believe me when I say I’ve taken every precaution. I have covid.

by Anonymousreply 232June 27, 2020 12:05 AM

R232 should tell ya that the virus is still strong and raging. No PPE and no social distancing = making out with someone with a 108 degree fever.

You should look into science more.

by Anonymousreply 233June 27, 2020 12:34 AM

Oh, Lord, No!

by Anonymousreply 234June 27, 2020 12:40 AM

[quote]Some non-mask wearing moms in my area are planning a ticketed “prom” for their hs seniors even though the state law says it’s illegal to gather in groups more than 50. It will be in a banquet hall, wondering which state agency might want to know about that? Public health risk and all. My area is medium risk level right now.

Report those fucking non-mask-wearing Karen breeder moms and their nasty Gen Z crotchfruit. Ask to speak to a manager too.

by Anonymousreply 235June 27, 2020 12:45 AM

R130 - I go to terraces out here in Europe but ask them to leave the beer in the bottle and take my own plastic cup...not very classy but better than getting sick. I also wash my hands well and disinfect everything all day. Alas, I smoke and am trying to quit. I got Chantix but far from home and with my depression and the side effects, I am a bit worried. I went to a psychiatrist for a alcohol and tobacco detox but he says with my seizures he would need to keep me in the hospital for 5 days at least and they are closed except for emergency hospitalization and coronavirus.

NOBODY is distancing or bothering with masks. The mall is the only safe place because the cameras and many guards force you to put the mask on it you get a big fine.

by Anonymousreply 236June 27, 2020 12:46 AM

[quote]I went to a psychiatrist for a alcohol and tobacco detox but he says with my seizures he would need to keep me in the hospital for 5 days at least

You sound like a hot Corona mess.

by Anonymousreply 237June 27, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote] The mall is the only safe place because the cameras and many guards force you to put the mask on it you get a big fine

We need to think of this as we did about HIV ... your mall trips are not “safe,” they’re “safer.”

by Anonymousreply 238June 27, 2020 12:58 AM

cunts who don't take it seriously, they just need to die, throw themselves into a river like they do in russia. miserably ignorant and backward

by Anonymousreply 239June 27, 2020 3:56 AM

R237 - you are right and this from being a over the top achiever and gym freak and perfectionist. Events make me feel I have no control left and want to forget.

by Anonymousreply 240June 27, 2020 6:50 AM

It appears that 24HR Fitness is closing 2/3 of their gyms.

by Anonymousreply 241June 27, 2020 7:52 AM

Yes, still wearing my mask and gloves as I have an autoimmune disease and the treatment lowers my immune system. This just happened in the parking lot of my local Kroger:

I had parked, put on my PPE, and opened my door. Father in his thirties (you know the type; probably has a secret Grindr or Scruff profile) with his under-ten son walked by.

Son: So someone got the lung infection from wearing a mask?

Father (looking straight ahead, smiling): Yep. So that guy is a liberal idiot who's gonna get it and die anyway.

Me: And you're apparently a Trump-loving idiot who believes all the bullshit you hear on Dumbfux News and should be teaching your son better. See you in November. (slams door and walks to the store)

This is in north-central Indiana and it's always red here.

by Anonymousreply 242June 27, 2020 10:52 PM

I live in a State where masks are required almost everywhere. But I see many people, including store and restaurant workers, wearing them like this which provides no protection:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 27, 2020 11:01 PM

Fuck him and his spawn

by Anonymousreply 244June 27, 2020 11:34 PM

I just can’t believe the rampant ignorance in the States. I feel so sorry for you. I really do. I don’t know how you fight this.

by Anonymousreply 245June 28, 2020 1:33 AM

Stupid leaders = stupid followers

by Anonymousreply 246June 28, 2020 1:37 AM

I feel lucky to live in one of only four states where the rate of infection is going down, in large part because the Northeast was affected first.

It shocks and saddens me to see that officials - and citizens - in some states where rates are skyrocketing had 90 days notice and did little or nothing to prepare for what predictably could be seen coming. And putting politics and the interests of their funders ahead of their responsibility to the people who elected them. In a lot of places it's an indictment of the political class.

We have to vote, R245, for starters. We need the demos and the organizing, too. But it's a once in a generation chance to change things for the better and too good an opening for change. Hopefully we don't fuck it up.

by Anonymousreply 247June 28, 2020 1:47 AM

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 248June 28, 2020 3:09 AM

All of these people not wearing masks and attending graduations and not following the rules are going to cause lots of trouble. These have been happening June with plenty more events slated for July.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 28, 2020 1:13 PM

I’m learning how to have a drink with a couple friends, and still wear a mask

by Anonymousreply 250June 28, 2020 1:43 PM

So glad there is much less travel between NYC and NJ now due to office closures...and that Atlantic City casinos are closed.

by Anonymousreply 251June 28, 2020 4:09 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 252June 28, 2020 7:01 PM

I don't understand the no mask thing

by Anonymousreply 253June 29, 2020 12:06 PM

You don't have faith in God's wonderful breathing system, R253? Blasphemer!

by Anonymousreply 254June 29, 2020 12:13 PM

no, i don't

by Anonymousreply 255June 29, 2020 12:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!