Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How have you been keeping in shape during Corona?

I ate like a fiend for the first month.

After that I started intermittent fasting again and running.

I miss the gym but I don't want to die

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2020 1:29 AM

I'd lost 50 lbs before the pandemic.

Now I've back sled. I'm afraid to weigh myself.

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2020 9:27 PM

I have gained like a pig. I was SUPER slim and elegant and, on lockdown and abroad, I gained from food and booze though I could just go around the lake, I am too depressed. My roommate was the only 42 year old woma I saw with a genuine six pack and now is 12 lbs heavier. EVERYONE has gained.

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2020 9:30 PM

I get up early before anyone’s out and run 3.5 miles every day. I eat very healthily (healthfully?) six days a week, and on the seventh day, I eat mountains of junk food. I’m actually losing about a half pound a week.

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2020 9:33 PM

Masturbating at least once a day.

Workout with dumbbells.

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2020 9:37 PM

14 pounds up because the husbear regularly brings home peculiar foods. I pulled Funyons out of his shopping bag, held it up and gave him the look. He said "we used to eat those on family road trips when I was a boy' which was a clear indication to me that he was losing it

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2020 9:41 PM

I'm not renewing my gym membership which just expired so I bought an upright cardio bike.

I have done 60-minutes a day for the last four weeks and I finally lost the pandemic weight I gained, even though I did youtube at-home workouts the whole time.

I would recommend it to anyone to improve their mental and physical health.

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2020 9:46 PM

The hub and I have gained at least 40 pounds between the two of us.

We both already struggle with our weight so it's not shocking but there comes a time when you are aghast when you look in the mirror are see a fat slob staring back at you!

My late grandmother was a big lady- weighing in at 250+ and I absolutely loved her cooking (baked chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, stuffing, peach pie and homemade fudge...) but I do not like that I seem to have inherited her weight problem! Lord help me!!!

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2020 9:56 PM

I’m 25 lbs heavier. I feel a bit depressed about the world, and feeling fat makes me more depressed.

I think microdosing might shake me out of this and get me moving more.

And not buying any more boxes of mochi at Costco. The green tea flavor is stupendous.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2020 10:08 PM

I have lost weight. Have lost some of my appetite & don't usually feel like eating dinner. I am still working.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2020 10:11 PM

I’ve gained about 10 lbs. My husbear is looking hot but he says he needs to get back to the gym. I’m worried he’ll catch Covid.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2020 10:15 PM

[Quote]baked chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, stuffing, peach pie

Fuck it. I want this.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2020 10:23 PM

I generally keep the same weight. But I've been eating a shitload of frozen pizzas (a treat I usually do once a month). So I must have gained a bit. But I just tried on my jeans. They fit perfect. But I feel a bit bloated and gross.

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2020 11:37 PM

I lost weight because besides the looters burning down my favorite Chinese restaurant, I've been cooking in a lot.

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2020 11:42 PM

I think I am about the same, but will find out next week, when I go to doctor for yearly checkup. I've been cooking recreationally, which cannot be great for by weight, but offsetting it with vigorous morning walks and yoga. I sit around a lot more, with nothing to do and nowhere to be. I'm retired, thank God. I would rather smoke pot than drink, and pot makes me active and hyper, rather than giving me the munchies, so .... My clothes all seem to fit fine, and that is an indicator that I haven't gone totally off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2020 11:48 PM

In the beginning I was maintaining my weight because I didn't want to shop so I just ordered a lot of those Atkins bars and that was my only food.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2020 11:53 PM

I would have gone crazy if COVID happened twenty years ago. I was a bodybuilder, working out three hours a day, six days a week at the gym. You have to maintain the muscle. It shrinks when you don't stimulate it. I went crazy if I was sick for two weeks. I felt like I was starting over when I returned. (Muscle-memory restores muscle much more quickly than the time it takes to build it in the first place. So I was in my own head.)

Thank goodness I can think about it now and laugh. We are a vain bunch.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2020 12:00 AM

I’ve gained 30 fucking pounds. A great big fat moo cow. I hate myself. I started walking 2 full hours a day so at least I’m stabilizing.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2020 12:20 AM

I basically stayed under 2000 calories a day by keeping a notepad to jot down every time I got something to eat or drink. After a couple of weeks of looking up calories per serving, I had a pretty good idea.

A few weeks into the quarantine I ordered a (cheap-ish), very basic, fold-up glider (like an elliptical) and resistance bands to wear (since there isn't any resistance built into the glider). On days when I do cardio I allow myself to have a commensurate amount of extra calories.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2020 12:42 AM

R18 I need to start counting calories right now. It works for me. Right now, who knows how much I've been wolfing down?!

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2020 4:14 AM

I decided to go on Nutrisystem at the end of January because that cutie Marie Osmond kept telling it was buy 1 month get 1 free, how could I resist?

Then the global Covid pandemic hit and BOY was I glad I was getting most of my food delivered. So I'm still on it and I've lost 60 pounds with more to go! Yay!

The main reason I wanted to lose weight, besides health and longevity, was so I could hit all the theme parks and ride the new Potter and Disney rides, and go to Broadway and fit in those tiny 1000 dollar seats...

... and now I don't know if or when it will ever be safe to go ANYWHERE! Boo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2020 6:28 AM

^Oh, and I'm from Texas, so you know I'm a corn fed heifer, and my state is hitting record covid numbers all this week so.....

I haven't left the house in months.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2020 6:35 AM

Everybody’s coming out of their homes now that the weather’s been good and a few more places are open.

We are all fat as fuck but the masks cover the shame. I needed to lose 10, but I gained 15. And as that other fat ass Sam Smith sang, I know I’m not the only one. But we are still quarantining here, so I feel like I have time to lose the weight before I see anyone I know.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2020 6:42 AM

If you're over forty better start now because it takes a month of daily workouts to burn off five pounds.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2020 6:51 AM

I was too heavy to begin with, but COVID19 led to some extreme comfort eating and creative cooking. I felt awful so I checked my blood sugar at work(I’m a nurse), and it was very raised. I had to get back in control. After discussion with my GP, I started the 800 calorie diet by Michael Mosley, and it’s been incredible. When I reach my target weight I’ll start his 5:2 diet to maintain it. I’m almost there. I haven’t been this skinny in years, and my blood sugar is normal.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2020 6:57 AM

I gained weight to the point where my jeans hurt to wear. Started doing up the house and some landscaping, chicken coop etc and lost it. All the home made bread didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2020 7:01 AM

[quote]After that I started intermittent fasting again and running.

How do you IF? 16/8? 20/4? I'm always confused about breaking it. What do you eat to break it? Because you have to be careful with that.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2020 7:12 AM

I know I’ve gained weight but I’m afraid to check how much. Since I’ve been working from home this whole time, I’ve worn the same pair of sweats most of the time.

I’m afraid to try on any work pants.

I’ve hardly done any working out except for some push ups and yoga every now and again,

I’ve got to start something now that the weather is nicer. Maybe running

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2020 11:21 AM

My fat ass gained in Romania ffs from beer and stuffed cabbage with fried bacon. I am older but kick myself for being lazy when I saw the the young queens at pride all muscled up. I now joined the nearby gym to work out and look at the young hotties with gymnast bodies. I exchanged numbers with a bearish 40ish doctor at Pride Sunday and it gave me motivation. Guess just being stuck inside puts you in a rut and I ate and drank my mysery. I need to get laid and he has texted me to, but I am worried as he works in a hospital and I have fucking asthma.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 7:52 AM

I've been taking Pilates classes since my studio reopened. However, for 2 months, I was just lying in bed, depressed.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 8:11 AM

During our shutdown I did pushups at home and rode the bike a lot. I am back at the gym and gained no weight.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2020 11:08 AM

I was doing great with my weight until I just gave up in the last two weeks

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2020 10:56 PM

I've been taking Barry's At Home classes via Zoom and managed to maintain my weight from before the lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2020 11:24 PM

I started this pandemic fat and am still fat. But not fatter.

I want to exercise or yoga for mental health, blood pressure etc.

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2020 4:01 AM

Low sugar/high protein,1800 calories per/day, limit take out and wine to 1x/wk.

Jog 45 mins, 45 pushups, 45 situps - M/W/F/Sat

I am 6'1, 159lbs

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2020 4:11 AM

Stationary bike. I live in the suburbs and walking in a suburban area sucks ass. Walking in the suburbs always makes me depressed and angry. I'd rather just exercise at home .

by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2020 4:19 AM

There are thousands of free workouts on YouTube for all levels. Even if you just do 20 minutes here and there, it's important to stay consistent. I like kettle bells because they can be quick and efficient, and low impact. A little power yoga here and there. I try to be mindful about what I bring into the house, food wise. If I buy snacks and processed junk, then I'm definitely going to eat it. But I make everything from scratch now. It's less tempting to graze all day when you have to make the effort to fix a meal.

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2020 4:25 AM

I've managed to keep my weight down and even dipping a little below the usual level at times. I was going to a dietician who drilled me into eating less, especially sugary foods and late night snacks, eating healthier foods and going for a long walk everyday as well as some exercising on my own. It all paid off and the pandemic hasn't made me gain weight. I'd still like to lose more weight but the older you get the harder it is to shed those pounds. But going for walks everyday during the pandemic really helps me in more ways than one. Get out there in the fresh air and nice weather and MOVE! Working around in the yard helps too.

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2020 5:17 AM

I’ve lost about 5 lbs. Always worked out at home, but ramped that up considerably with the lockdowns. Also, I’m an extreme intermittent faster, eating only between 5 pm & 7 or 8 pm. And I’ve been without a kitchen for the last month due to an ongoing remodeling.

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2020 8:38 AM

"Masturbating at least once a day.

Workout with dumbbells."

What a coincidence! I was masturbating dumbbells before the cornavirus.

But now it's just the one.

by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2020 9:15 AM

I was so paranoid about weight gain at first I lost a few pounds, but then school ended and I started getting depressed being so shut in. I have since gained 10 pounds. My gym is open again, but it is so set up for social distancing that only a few people can really work out there comfortably at a time. So it's not really open again in the true sense of the word. So I decided to up my work out schedule and track what I am eating in an attempt to hopefully get this weight off. But I really miss going to the gym; it's so much easier to motivate and have a more intense work out there.

by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2020 12:41 PM

R39, is this you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2020 5:06 PM

My weight is tied to my mental health and one of the only things in my life I can control, so no matter what, I try to exercise as much as I can. I was a gym person. During the shut down, I went jogging/walking/did stair climbing and situps at the city lake which is only a few blocks away. I lost muscle tone, probably gained some in my stomach - but have just started back at the gym. It's quiet and I don't feel worried as everyone seems to be following rules. Things are distanced, sanitizer, and.. well, Ill take the risk.

by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2020 5:39 PM

It's really all the about how much food I eat, not necessarily the exercise.

by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2020 5:58 PM

I'm getting fatter by the minute. My brother has my scale (we were rooming together last year and I forgot to take it) so I have no idea how much I weigh - not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2020 1:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!