Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pablo Alboran Comes Out as Gay: 'Today I Want My Voice To Be Louder’

In the midst of Pride Month, Pablo Alborán took to social media to share a very personal message with his fans.

“We need to reconsider our lives, careers, what does and doesn’t make us happy,” he said of the “bittersweet” year. “I think that we often forget about the love that unites us and makes us stronger.”

In a three-minute video posted to Instagram, the Spanish crooner came out as gay, reminding fans that he’s always fought against every manifestation that prohibits or embarrasses any freedom or equality, from racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia and any other type of hatred.

“Today, I want my voice to be louder and for it to have more value and weight. I’m here to tell you that I am homosexual and it’s okay,” Alborán expressed. “Life goes on, everything will remain the same, but I’m going to be a little happier than I already am.”

Raymix on Coming Out: 'Nothing Has Changed, I'm Still Me' In the video, posted Wednesday morning (June 17), the “Solamente Tu” singer said he feels blessed of being raised in a home where he had the freedom to be who he wanted to be and grateful for having the support of his friends and Warner Music family.

“But unfortunately, there are so many people that did not have the same experience I did. That’s why today, without fear, I hope I can make somebody’s journey easier with this message. But above all, I do this for me.”

Alborán further emphasized that his public life will focus on his music career with the respect of his profession and fans. “Music is freedom, I want to feel as free as my songs,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17106/29/2020

Who?

by Anonymousreply 106/17/2020

Never heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 206/17/2020

I think I've pissed on him.

by Anonymousreply 306/17/2020

Good for him. He's handsome and has a gorgeous, clear voice (I know from overhearing his concerts three nights in a row last summer from across the river.) His songs tend to the sentimental, but he packs stadiums and is very popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406/17/2020

How deep into his career is he? How many hit albums?

by Anonymousreply 506/17/2020

Will Maluma be next?

by Anonymousreply 606/17/2020
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 706/17/2020

I love his voice as well, R4, particularly in "Miedo" and "Saturno", and yes, he is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 806/17/2020

he fucked ricky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 906/17/2020

Quién?

by Anonymousreply 1006/17/2020

[quote]How deep into his career is he? How many hit albums?

R5. He's young--31, and has enjoyed success for a decade. He great grandfather was the Marqués de Alborán and his father is a fairly well known architect and his mother French. Seven albums, 20+ singles, Warner Brothers Records, and four or five of what seem to be very big tours -- judging just by the last I would say he is doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 1106/17/2020

31 isn't young for pop. He's probably set for life, financially. I wonder if he has a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 1206/17/2020

I don’t know her but yum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1306/17/2020

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1406/17/2020

[quote]31 isn't young for pop. He's probably set for life, financially

True, but Spain isn't too quick to chop off the heads of its entertainers when they reach a sell-by date. And it's a place that is less demanding in how it measures success, and being gay in one of the countries most accepting at most at forefront of gay rights...his career will be fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1506/17/2020

Adorable. Muy muy muy.

by Anonymousreply 1606/17/2020

Came out as a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 1706/17/2020

He's a top.

by Anonymousreply 1806/17/2020

R2: That's because you live in an anglocentric world.

But he is huge in Spain and a big star in a lot of spanish speaking countries and Portugal.

Unlike other cases he came out at the peak of his career

by Anonymousreply 1906/17/2020

I heard he's huge in Český Krumlov!

by Anonymousreply 2006/17/2020

Brno says Noshit.

by Anonymousreply 2106/17/2020

I fucked Ricky. Most everyone has fucked Ricky.

by Anonymousreply 2206/17/2020

Sizemeat verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 2306/17/2020

r22 = RJA

by Anonymousreply 2406/17/2020

[quote]Sizemeat verificatia?

You go first, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 2506/17/2020

From what I'm reading, the only men he has really been linked to have been Ricky and someone called Pelayo Diaz, a stylist I think ? Has there been any other guy mentioned in the Spanish media?

by Anonymousreply 2606/18/2020

No la conozco.

by Anonymousreply 2706/18/2020

Pelayo Diaz is a stylist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2806/18/2020

He's young, hot, and has fairly large social media followings. That's all that maters.

Btw, he's got more followers than DL god Richard Madden on both Instagram and Twitter, so the angloqueens here sneering at hot young popular Pablo are out of their depth.

by Anonymousreply 2906/18/2020

Haha, R28!

by Anonymousreply 3006/18/2020

Cutie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3106/18/2020

DL hate Madden calm down, R29. And don't compare homophobic Hollywood where you can't be an A-list gay actor to being a singer in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 3206/18/2020

R29: A good bunch of the youtube music videos with more views last year are in spanish, it's a big market.

R32: Do you think Hollywood is the only show business that it's homophobic? That's a good one.

He is not a singer in Spain, he is the most popular singer in Spain, and he is very popular in a lot of countries.

If you want to make a comparission Madden is not the right one

by Anonymousreply 3306/18/2020

It came as no surprise. Even when he was starting out, it was obvious to anyone. He has a couple great songs but that's it. And a top? My sides.

by Anonymousreply 3406/18/2020

I know who Pablo is, I love him. But it's not the same for actors and singers.

by Anonymousreply 3506/18/2020

Nice. And glad he came out as "homosexual"/gay, not "queer".

by Anonymousreply 3606/18/2020

To those saying there are fewer risks to singers than to actors coming out, some Spanish-speakers are relaying on Twitter conversations with female fans who say that now they don't like Pablo as much. It's exactly what happens when a young actor comes out. When a man builds a career on being a heartthrob to women and girls, being openly gay is a professional risk, it doesn't matter what his exact artistic field is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3706/18/2020

DL has never cared about Richard Madden. Madden's conquests are a different story.

by Anonymousreply 3806/18/2020

Beautiful voice. "El Beso" I still listen to often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3906/18/2020

I mentioned this one above, I love it...it has something almost Celtic in the melody, in my view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4006/18/2020

This is the other one (but he has many lovely songs)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4106/18/2020

Pablo has an alright voice. Not Luis Miguel level but it's above average.

by Anonymousreply 4206/18/2020

R37: To be honest, he always had a lot of adult fans, if you have adult fans the risk decrease a lot because most of them are mature enough to not care about who their idol dates.

Saying that, he has a lot of romantic songs and he is handsome so yes, part of his fandom is the traditional one who has fantasies with his idol.

With this things you never know, Ricky Martin resurrected his career with his coming out (and that was totally unexpected).

And people who are saying this is no surprise, i disagree. It's true that it's no surprise that he is gay, there were always rumours and he always avoided to talk about his private life, but the coming out it's quite surprising, he is at the peak of his career, it's not that common to come out in Spain (yes, the country is very tolerant but most artists stay in the closet, even if bearding is way less prominent than in other countries) and he has a lot of fans in south america. I wasn't expecting him to come out at least not right now

R42: Luis Miguel has a great voice but curiously i totally hate the way he sings. It's curious you mention him because i think they are polar opposites (of course Luis Miguel had a very fucked up childhood and teen years)

by Anonymousreply 4306/18/2020

Who is she again?

by Anonymousreply 4406/18/2020

Running through the woods in that scarf... Mary!

by Anonymousreply 4506/18/2020

Who? Who came out today? Pablo what?

by Anonymousreply 4606/18/2020

Any more information on Pablo? How'd he grow up? Why does he like scarfs so much?

by Anonymousreply 4706/18/2020

Does his foreskin taste like paella? 🥘

by Anonymousreply 4806/18/2020

well, he is probably the most famous person who came out this year, but he is not famous in the USA so i suppose it doesn't mean a thing (at least for some)

by Anonymousreply 4906/18/2020

R11 mentioned some details, R47. He's also mentioned having anxiety.

The article below is quite interesting...describes him as very sensitive. (It's old but seems to have been updated to include his coming out)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5006/18/2020

He's handsome and cute, and doesn't come across as off putting. Seems well adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 5106/18/2020

This isn't the Ricky who was presented to America. Hip swaying, sure. But jerking off motions?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5206/18/2020

Maybe you mean Maluma, R52?

And yes, I agree, R51.

by Anonymousreply 5306/18/2020

r52 is a gif of Ricky Martin, no?

by Anonymousreply 5406/18/2020

[quote]and Warner Music family.

so this was a business decision?

by Anonymousreply 5506/18/2020

r55 Non sequitur.

by Anonymousreply 5606/18/2020

I think we have our lead for the Ramon Novarro biopic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5706/18/2020

I've heard of him, but I never heard his music (mainstream Latin pop isn't my thing, more of a rock en espanol and salsa guy), but good for him. The English speaking world has been dealing with openly gay/bisexual pop stars since the 70's, but in the Spanish-speaking world, it's still a bit of a risk to come out. There aren't many who are open, so it had to be a scary thing for him.

by Anonymousreply 5806/18/2020

"it's still a bit of a risk to come out."

I've heard far too many stories and read far too many stories here and the news to know the risk we put ourselves in to be gay.

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 5906/18/2020

[Quote] The English speaking world has been dealing with openly gay/bisexual pop stars since the 70's

This is a rather misleading statement.

by Anonymousreply 6006/18/2020

Didn't Elton John marry a woman in the 70's?

by Anonymousreply 6106/18/2020

In the mid '80s.

by Anonymousreply 6206/18/2020

Maybe he will un-gay himself like coward Brandon Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 6306/18/2020

Say what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6406/18/2020

In a magazine interview, Brandon walked back his coming out.

by Anonymousreply 6506/18/2020

He's gorgeous, most Spanish men are. I'm happy for him. He's quite famous too.

by Anonymousreply 6606/18/2020

This guy is kind of big in Latin America. This is huge news, especially because he's getting a stellar reception to his coming out .

Spanish guys are so hot.

by Anonymousreply 6706/18/2020

[Quote] Spanish guys are so hot.

---Blushes---

by Anonymousreply 6806/18/2020

Never heard of him. Average looking.

by Anonymousreply 6906/18/2020

Re: English-speaking pop stars coming out as gay or bisexual.

David Bowie announced he was gay in 1972. Elton John came out as bisexual in 1976. Sylvester acknowledged his sexuality from the get-go, didn't even have to come out. The Village People told Rolling Stone in 1979 that some of the members were gay, and some were straight.

And there were lesser figures, such as Jobriath (who was supposed to be a big star, received an enormous publicity push from his label, but his album flopped...fascinating story) and Tony Washington, lead singer of the Dynamic Superiors (modestly successful R&B group on Motown), who can be seen in his full gay glory in this 1974 "Soul Train" performance:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7006/18/2020

R69: I've never heard of half the people named in DL thread titles and...what was your point?

by Anonymousreply 7106/18/2020

It's not quite as simple as all that. When Sylvester recorded "Lover Man" he dropped the "man" from the lyric. While Dusty Springfield, Elton John, Sylvester etc. were brave in many ways, they prevaricated as well - and I don't say that as a criticism, they could only be "so" brave. They weren't out in the same way as their counterparts of today.

by Anonymousreply 7206/18/2020

Pablo Alderaan? Star Wars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7306/18/2020

But give credit to Sylvester for switching the gender on "I (Who Have Nothing)", to "she...she buys you diamonds", making it a song about him competing with a woman for a man's affection. And he released it as a single.

by Anonymousreply 7406/18/2020

[Quote] But give credit to Sylvester for switching the gender on "I (Who Have Nothing)", to "she...she buys you diamonds", making it a song about him competing with a woman for a man's affection.

Men tend to be bought diamonds?

by Anonymousreply 7506/18/2020

If a woman is the one buying the diamond, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 7606/18/2020

[quote]I mentioned this one above, I love it...it has something almost Celtic in the melody, in my view.

"Celtic"? It's FLAMENCO 💃 you dope! 😂

Seriously though, he sings flamenco influenced pop and he's HUGE in Spain. A household name. He's set for life financially type of famous, meaning even when he stops charting, his music will continue to be played on the radio, TV, movies, weddings and malls for decades. Here's one of his most ubiquitous hits which everybody in Spain knows. I love his voice too.

As you can see, the YouTube views are not to be sneezed at. Spain's population is only a seventh of the U.S. and some of his videos have like half a billion views.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7706/19/2020

No. I hear the Celtic influence as well. Galicians and Celts have a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 7806/19/2020

You can hear what you want but the melisma is his singing is from flamenco, nothing Celtic about it. Aso, Pablo is Andalusian, not Galician, so yes. Flamenco. Here's a less diluted version of a flamenco-pop. It's a genre on its own in Spain though not quite flamenco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7906/19/2020

That's a stretch, R78. As is saying you hear African influence in Annie Lennox because, well, Manchester had an important role in the slave trade to the Americas -- only Annie Lennox is from Scotland, not Manchester.

Alborán is from Malaga, in Andalucia, with none of the (modest) influence of Celts in far away Asturias and Galicia.

Flamenco.

by Anonymousreply 8006/19/2020

I'm talking about the video at r40. The strings circa 1:51. Very Celtic.

The wiki entry for the song, lists its genre as "Buleria-Celta," so others hear it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8106/19/2020

[Quote] As is saying you hear African influence in Annie Lennox

I absolutely hear African-American influence in Annie Lennox. There's a reason she sought out the likes of Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin and Al Green as duet partners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8206/19/2020

Many British singers affect an American accent when they sing.

by Anonymousreply 8306/19/2020

Many American singers affect an English accent when they sing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8406/19/2020

Thank you R78 / R81! Obviously I am aware it's not actual Celtic music but there are parts of the melody that sound like it. I love the mixture.

by Anonymousreply 8506/19/2020

Now he’s going to whore it up big time. They always do once they come out to make up for lost time.

by Anonymousreply 8606/19/2020

I'm a sucker for flamenco-flavored pop, but that clip above is VERY light on the flamenco. Hardcore, authentic flamenco is, for me, a bit of a tough listen, but when certain elements of it are incorporated into pop music, I frickin' love it.

One example that comes to mind is this version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"...if I had to rate how much I like the original on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it about a 4. I don't hate it, but if it came on the radio, I'd probably change the station to look for something better. It took a duo from Spain that goes by Tucara to turn it into something I can get into. The rhythms, the handclaps, the guttural vocal stylings, the accent, are all flamenco-lite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8706/19/2020

Yes, I agree, R87, I much prefer Flamenco in combination with other elements. Alone it can get too much for me personally.

by Anonymousreply 8806/19/2020

Can I adopt him?

by Anonymousreply 8906/19/2020

Never heard of him... at least he don't come out as "Queer".

by Anonymousreply 9006/19/2020

"Ese estímulo definitorio que lo ha hecho lanzarse no se conoce aún, pero JALEOS sí ha podido confirmar que el cantante andaluz está enamorado e ilusionado. Se trata de una pareja anónima, alejada del mundo del espectáculo y los focos. Esa persona habría jugado un papel importante en la determinación de Alborán. "

So he is dating someone non-famous? I wonder if they will make any kind of appearance soon (within the current restriction context).

Disclaimer: I have no idea whether El Español is a reliable source of information or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9106/19/2020

Step aside, Nestor, I've found a new son!

by Anonymousreply 9206/19/2020

R91 I lived in Spain and never heard of El Español. Maybe it's a regional newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 9306/19/2020

Who?

by Anonymousreply 9406/19/2020

Who is she? Who was she? Who does she hope to be?

by Anonymousreply 9506/19/2020

I think it's just an online newspaper, R93, but I am reading now that it was founded by one of Spain's top journalists who was the editor at El Mundo but was ousted. It's quite an interesting story.

by Anonymousreply 9606/19/2020

r93 A regional newspaper would carry the name of the region instead of the country.

by Anonymousreply 9706/19/2020

He’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 9806/19/2020

Were there any gay rumors about him before?

by Anonymousreply 9906/19/2020

" I consider myself a top because I like to sit on top of erect penises. "

by Anonymousreply 10006/19/2020

R99 I think he was rumored to be with Ricky Martin.

by Anonymousreply 10106/19/2020

I ain't ever heard of him, who is he?

by Anonymousreply 10206/19/2020

[quote]Were there any gay rumors about him before?

Plenty. Always shut down by Spanish fangurls, though.

by Anonymousreply 10306/19/2020

El Español is a legit newspaper, founded five or six years ago by a fired editor of El Mundo. It has a political position as newspapers do but it's not extremely right, left, or middle.

by Anonymousreply 10406/20/2020

Good for him.

In my visits to social media this week I've seen a number of actors and models who refuse to be out (even when discussing the gay roles they play, even when asked about playing gay roles), lecturing the world and the LGBT community about pride.

It's 2020 for crying out loud. If you're going to be in the closet, shut the damn door and don't "IG" and "tweet" your love for Pride and pushing pride if you're not proud enough to be out.

If you're out, welcome to the other side.

by Anonymousreply 10506/20/2020

[Quote] It has a political position as newspapers do but it's not extremely right, left, or middle.

Is it moderately right, left or middle?

by Anonymousreply 10606/20/2020

[quote]I'm a sucker for flamenco-flavored pop, but that clip above is VERY light on the flamenco.

What? The clip at r79? She's actually a real flamenco singer who switched to recording pop.

by Anonymousreply 10706/20/2020

^ Wanted to add that the guitar work in r79 could turn an atheist into a believer. So, so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 10806/20/2020

I love his songs, great voice too. To say nothing about how handsome he is. He also seems a great guy. Here is a rare interview in English from four years ago, quite interesting: he mentioned his only heartbreak ("he"?) resulting in three albums, his French mother, living with his parents, American musicians he would like to work with (John Mayer !?) , taking a break, the favorite songs etc.

Spanish DLers: any rumors of his (anonymous) BF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10906/20/2020

R108: Guitar music does nothing for me... except for Spanish guitar music. In Andalucia, you don't have to look hard to find it. Flipping channels on TV last month I stopped to watch this guy from Cadiz on one of the "X Has Got Talent" sorts of shows (coronavirus edition.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11006/20/2020

[Quote] he mentioned his only heartbreak ("he"

Funny how no one picked up on that. But I guess he's unknown to the English speaking world and the Spanish press were unlikely to watch a random English language interview of his.

by Anonymousreply 11106/20/2020

Thank you for sharing that interview, R109, I really enjoyed it. He seems really sweet, and it's interesting that his accent seems to be a mixture of French and Spanish, which makes sense with a French mother. Also great choice re the Bolero.

Did I mishear or did he actually say "he" in connection to his heartbreak? At the time it was probably seen as a language issue, if so, I'd imagine.

by Anonymousreply 11206/20/2020

Yes. He said "he."

by Anonymousreply 11306/20/2020

Yes, R111! I didn't see your post till I finished mine and I missed that R109 had already pointed it out!

by Anonymousreply 11406/20/2020

R112, his English accent does sound a bit surprising in the interview at R109, more generically Euro, less specifically Spanish than I expected. His Spanish sounds Spanish however, deeper than in English, and Spanish/Andalusian. His mother was born to Spanish parents in Casablanca, during the French Protectorate.

[quote]De padre malagueño —el arquitecto Salvador Moreno de Alborán Peralta— y madre francesa —Helena Ferrándiz Martínez, hija de españoles nacida en Casablanca durante el protectorado francés de Marruecos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11506/20/2020

IFHH

by Anonymousreply 11606/20/2020

Gossip of romantic links...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11706/20/2020

I want to cum on his face

by Anonymousreply 11806/20/2020

Thanks, R117. Interesting guy...and quite good-looking though I think Pable is definitely more handsome. I am curious is he was the source of the three albums of heartbreak he mentioned in the interview above then.

by Anonymousreply 11906/20/2020

*Pablo

by Anonymousreply 12006/20/2020

and *if

by Anonymousreply 12106/20/2020

Seems like Pablo has excellent taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 12206/20/2020

Apparently, he was always living openly but at the same time denied being gay!? My Spanish is very basic, but I understand that he denied being gay. Did he actually address the kiss on the yacht (who is the other guy?) couple of years ago as a friendly peck? It does not look like so at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12306/20/2020

I don't think he ever denied being gay, in another article he just said the guy he was kissing on that boat was a friend who is married and has a child etc. (and honestly it looks more like a friendly kiss). So far I never read that he outright denied being gay, but others please correct me if I'm wrong. And yes, in the earlier article it says they were quite open about their relationship. This may explain why he said "he" in that English interview and didn't seem to want to correct it or anything, it seemed quite natural.

by Anonymousreply 12406/20/2020

Yeah, the way he has his hand around the guy's head and covering his mouth reads like they have a brother like relationship. Also, when the kiss is planted, the other guy has his hand way out from his body. The body language was not that of a couple.

by Anonymousreply 12506/20/2020

OK, I may agree with you guys that was a friendly kiss. Btw, R125 look better, he is the "other guy", not the one holding the kid.

by Anonymousreply 12606/20/2020

R124 Have you seen this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12706/20/2020

I hadn't, R127, just read a few quotes before. I didn't watch the full video, but I get the idea, thank you. So, I guess he was very much on board with pretending to be interested in women. Well, I am glad that is now behind him.

by Anonymousreply 12806/20/2020

So it was true that he was fucking Pelayo Diaz??

I bet Pelayo is not going to be that happy, now that he's married to the Argentinian loser when he could have been with Pablo all this time.

by Anonymousreply 12906/20/2020

Sorry, but who are these people?! LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 13006/20/2020

R129 !? Him denying the relationship in media (saying he is single in 2016), wouldn't prevent them from actually having one. But it doesn't mean that every relationship he denied, now automatically turns real. It seems that the only known ex is the Sicilian dancer. Anyway, I am more curious who is the current one.

by Anonymousreply 13106/20/2020

I agree, R131, that this doesn't mean that relationships he's denied necessarily happened after all, and yes, I am also more curios about the current one, but previous boyfriends are just interesting in terms of a pattern or type.

by Anonymousreply 13206/20/2020

So many Spanish men are so utterly sexy! ! !

Nevertheless, this exceptionally cute young man has a tiny voice which would be lost without microphones and sophisticated audio-engineering.

by Anonymousreply 13306/20/2020

He’s far richer than you.

by Anonymousreply 13406/20/2020

good for him, but his songs are super boring and lack rythm, everytime they put a song on the radio i always have to change the channel because his songs are bad as hell.

by Anonymousreply 13506/20/2020

I actually like almost all the songs of his I've heard, R135, they have interesting melodies. Then I again, I can barely stand most current music and find that quite boring. It's great that we can all find music to our different tastes!

by Anonymousreply 13606/20/2020

Andalusians are the hottest men in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 13706/20/2020

R137 The men of Barcelona are hotter!

They drop their pants and sizzle!

by Anonymousreply 13806/20/2020

^ No. Catalans are not considered "hot" in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 13906/20/2020

He seems like an act Simon Cowell would midwife - Il Divo, Robson & Jerome, Westlife - very "CD you'd buy for Mother's Day."

by Anonymousreply 14006/21/2020

What a lucky fool was the guy who inspired breakup songs like "Recuérdame" and "Dónde Está El Amor".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14106/21/2020

His words from this rather short interview from a year ago: "The world is increasingly homophobic, more sexist, more racist -- it is as if we were infected by a virus. People do not have the empathy that songs used to have."

Smart, sensitive, sweet, super talented, handsome, humble.. This guy is amazing. How can one be that perfect?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14206/22/2020

He's probably a scat queen.

by Anonymousreply 14306/22/2020

R142 He's opening his mouth very wide but he still needs to get that microphone close so the recording engineer can hear his voice.

by Anonymousreply 14406/22/2020

[Quote] He's opening his mouth very wide but he still needs to get that microphone close so the recording engineer can hear his voice.

Are we a pressed opera singer?

by Anonymousreply 14506/22/2020

His voice perfectly matches the sentiment of his songs.

by Anonymousreply 14606/22/2020

Without DL, I couldn't keep up with 3rd tier celebs past or present.

by Anonymousreply 14706/22/2020

He's not 3rd tier in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 14806/24/2020

Isn't he one of the most popular singers in the Latin world? Sold out stadiums not only in Spain but throughout Latin America and Portugal, regularly touring, this year's tour cancelled by Corona. Maybe he is not as much a "celebrity", because he is very private. Latin media still report on his official coming out and supposed ex relationships, forums as well. R147 There is a world outside the USA and even more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 14906/24/2020

Did he beard?

by Anonymousreply 15006/24/2020

No, that "beard" thing is just Hollywood phenomenon. But he was private on his SM (will probably stay so) while being honest, open and free in the lyrics of his songs.

by Anonymousreply 15106/24/2020

He managed to be a young, relatively attractive male star for decade or more without any romantic life in the tabloids? Jon K was photographed with Bassave repeatedly, right?

by Anonymousreply 15206/24/2020

There were always rumors and at least twice massive press, like 5-6 years ago re Ricky Martin and then couple of years ago re "a kiss on the boat" (he really is irresistible even for his straight friends lol) . Both times he denied relationships without declaring his sexuality. It is possible in Europe where the press is usually not going over the public-private line. Now, a trashy tv show exposed his alleged ex and that caused a lot of stir.

by Anonymousreply 15306/24/2020

[Quote] It is possible in Europe where the press is usually not going over the public-private line

But isn't there a Gay List every year in one of the Spanish newspapers? Jon K has been listed despite never speaking publicly on his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 15406/24/2020

Do you have a link, r154? Europeans are loathe to out anyone against their will. I lived in Italy and there was literally zero gay gossip about their stars. Same with Germany. Unless a celebrity steps out in public, their private life is private.

by Anonymousreply 15506/24/2020

I want to share this find as an interesting example of how the press is imposing hetero image to celebrities, even when they don't ask for it. This is an article from one of the most popular newspapers in Spain (not some tabloid), from literary a day before his coming out, echoing R152 questions: how "a huge star, one of the most successful musicians in the decade, worldwide known" manages to stay hermetically private. It starts with speculations about him being gay, but then that is quickly dismissed by backing up the hetero image on an anecdote he once told (mentioned ex GF lol) and a photo with his close female friend. Their readers turned out to be much smarter than the author, one comment in particular says smth like "sick of imposing hetero norm to celebrities... whether he is hetero/bi/gay leave him be... whatever makes him happy".

I don't know if this kind of articles additionally motivated him to set things straight. But I very much appreciate him coming out as homosexual, not "bi", despite that the press pathed him much easier option. Even more so when the vast majority of his audience are women. They seem to love and support him anyway (unlike straight men being mostly homophobic). Yet another example how the audience turns out to be smarter than the press that feeds it. I hope the press (and recording companies and studios!) will learn something about the audience out of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15606/25/2020

Yes, R156, it's definitely admirable that he didn't take the "easy" way out and say he was bi. Good for him...and it would really be great if the media would stop with the assumptions for sure.

by Anonymousreply 15706/25/2020

Do you really think the media just assume? Remember how NPH came out after a publicist inned him? The publicist thought they were doing their job.

by Anonymousreply 15806/25/2020

No, you're right, it is often quite intentional, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 15906/25/2020

R155 It's probably this list of 100 most important gay people in Spain that R154 asked about. Finally updated for 2020 they put Pablo Alboran at No 1 in front of a minister, Pedro Almodovar etc. In the comment for Alboran, it says they asked him many times before to put him on the list, but only now after official coming out he allowed them. So it is not outing list, but rather "Proudly Gay"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16006/25/2020

I guess that means Kortajarena has given his approval in the past.

by Anonymousreply 16106/25/2020

Horton hears a...who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16206/25/2020

Good lord gringos, did the movie Selena teach you nothing? There are superstars out there you have never heard of but have a following in the Latin world.

by Anonymousreply 16306/25/2020

Lies.

by Anonymousreply 16406/25/2020

Such a bottom...

by Anonymousreply 16506/27/2020

According to Spanish media this guy was in a relationship with Pablo for 5 (!?) years since 2011. I checked his IG and at first, though handsome, he seemed just too mellow to inspire three albums. But then I saw this intimate interview from Eurovision 2015. He turned out to be funny, sweet but sexy, playful and naturally flirty (with both camera and the interviewer, poor thing lol) but also serious and well mannered (none of Sicilian machismo acting). It must have really been an open secret about them, by the way the interviewer tried to corner him, though he said he was single and unavailable ("too busy"). Now the strange answer on "With whom would he spend a crazy night? ... A name? ...Initials?" makes sense, when after avoiding, he finally answers "Pues Apuntó..." (native speakers: did I get it right?) and they both laughed. We also learned that he enjoys sex and likes to experiment, fewer but long for hours. Recurring theme in many lyrics matches this "pocas pero largas", lol.

Could a native speaker help me with the part with his choreographer (from ~16:00)? I don't understand key bits so maybe completely misunderstand why she kept saying "I cannot tell you".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16606/29/2020

Do Italians and Spaniards commingle a lot? I have the impression (not based on too much data, I admit) that the gay ones, at least, do.

by Anonymousreply 16706/29/2020

r166 who is the interviewer ?

by Anonymousreply 16806/29/2020

Thanks for this, R166. I will try to watch that tomorrow...but I doubt I will be much help since I'm not a native speaker either.

by Anonymousreply 16906/29/2020

Never heard of this guy but he's cute and seems nice. His coming out saying he was homosexual and not gay is kind of funny. Good luck, he has like 5 million followers on Instagram so he's apparently fairly popular. His Spanish accent is cute too, I usually find it annoying but on him it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 17006/29/2020

R166 assuming you're talking about the lady she was asked to talk about their intimacy and she keeps saying she can't talk about it, because they're very very very very close friends, they've lived together in Madri, they've been on the road together, from "breakfast to dinner" and things she would tell are very heavy (in the sense of being intimate, etc) that's basically what she says.

by Anonymousreply 17106/29/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!