Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Samsung Refrigerator?

Are these any good? My partner just went out and bought one without my approval! I’m so mad! I’d like to research things before I buy them but he said it was $700 off. I’m a little leery. I thought they only made televisions. I don’t know the model number yet. Anyone else have a Samsung refrigerator? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2020 7:38 AM

It probably listens to you eat and sells the marketing data on its contents.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2020 5:48 PM

I have either Samsung or LG appliances in rental properties that I own because they never give me problems, and last way past their depreciable lives. I highly recommend them, and don't think you'll be disappointed. But I would be a little pissed also, if my partner did that without consulting me.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2020 5:53 PM

More deets, please. How are we supposed to judge you if we can’t see the actual appliance?

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2020 5:56 PM

Samsung 3-door fridges. Know two people with these; one was my brother, the other a neighbor. Both had trouble by year three.

I still have an old Whirlpool side-by-side. Works great.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2020 6:00 PM

I have one and love it. It's pretty spacious. French doors and a bottom freezer drawer.

My selection was limited. I have cabinets over the space for the fridge. Most refrigerators are tall and narrow. I couldn't buy one of those. Samsung was one of maybe 3 that I could choose from.

I love the clear drawers. I used to buy fruits and vegetables and then forget I'd bought them. This one has saved me quite a bit of money in produce expenses alone. It also has the fingerprint protection so it doesn't show smudges. I bought it from Best Buy.

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2020 6:01 PM

Make sure he buys the extended service contract for in-home service when needed. Modern refrigerators with ice makers are prone to needing repairs. My parents had a Frigidaire that was old when I was little and ran normally forever, at least twenty or thirty more years. My mom would defrost the freezer once in a while. They don’t make things like that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2020 6:04 PM

Why, I still have my old Kenmore fridge! Still works!

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2020 6:04 PM

We have a Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator -- and while it's a good refrigerator, and a generously sized freezer - the ice maker is a serious problem. Ours started having issues when it was not even a year old but we won it on a game show so there was no returning it. This topic is widely known if you Google issues with the refrigerator. I don't think home appliances are their strong suit. We also do not use the in-fridge camera or the touch screen features. I have used the speakers from time to time but they are pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2020 6:05 PM

I used to have one,sold it when I moved. Had no problems with it those years that I did have it. I also have and have had other Samsung products, like a TV, DVD player and a tablet. All solid products.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote]. I thought they only made televisions.

They seem to make pretty much everything tech related.

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2020 6:17 PM

He should return the Samsung and get the LG one that makes ice balls!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2020 6:17 PM

All these newfangled appliances. I don't need a fridge that trims my beard and poaches my eggs.

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2020 6:19 PM

Ours is 7 years old. Came with the house. Works great. No problems

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2020 6:22 PM

OP, I'm cooking a salmon in my Samsung combination dishwasher-refrigerator, after keeping the fish cool in it.

I left the head on, thinking of you!

Now go do your "research" because we're not your assistants, cheapo.

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2020 6:27 PM

Here’s the one he purchased. I guess it’s OK. It doesn’t come till August though.

Since when do refrigerators have speakers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2020 6:30 PM

Consumer Reports give Samsung appliances high marks

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2020 6:37 PM

r15, I hate those drawer freezers, but to each, his own

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2020 6:38 PM

My new Samsung washer and drier play a little tune when they finish their cycles instead of a loud, ugly buzzer—a nice touch.

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2020 6:41 PM

OP, R15 where does it say anything about speakers?

by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2020 6:48 PM

I have a Samsung TV/VCR from 2001 and it still works fine.

Samsung: Built to Last!

by Anonymousreply 20June 16, 2020 6:48 PM

This sounds like more of a control issue than refrigerator issue.

by Anonymousreply 21June 16, 2020 6:50 PM

I have a French-Door model (freezer on bottom; ice and water in door) and it works pretty well. It's probably 10-12 years old. My only complaint is that you have to be pretty gentle with the drawers and plastic stuff because it breaks pretty easily. While mine still cools fine, there are so many broken missing pieces that I'm probably going to replace it soon.

by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2020 6:54 PM

R21 yes and no. He gets good deals but doesn’t think things through like will it fit through our kitchen doorways? He really wanted an icemaker and I don’t know if this models particular icemaker is prone to breaking. The Samsungs with the ice in the door are having tremendous problems with their icemakers. That’s why I’d like to research things before I buy them. He does not.

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2020 7:13 PM

R19 I was referring to R8 comment. He has a refrigerator speakers and a touchscreen. It’s pretty crazy!

by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2020 7:16 PM

R5, here. Mine has an ice maker but I opted not to have it hooked up. It's only me so I have no problem with the 2 ice cube trays. My previous refrigerator didn't have an ice maker and I wasn't sure about having that hooked up. To me, its just one more thing that can go wrong.

I also didn't want the electronics/computers they come with now. I don't mind making a shopping list. I realize I could sync it with my Samsung phone but really. As my cousin says. "The more it has, the more there is to go wrong." He loves BMWs and only buys the 3 series. I tend to agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 25June 16, 2020 7:27 PM

The hubby was just tired of you obsessing over the refrigerator and just went out and bought a fucking refrigerator. It's done, it's over, move on, OP. And don't fill the space left by this to start trouble over something else. Unless you want hubby to leave you.

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2020 8:22 PM

Honestly? I would leave your partner right now. He does not respect you and is treating your like a door-mat. God only knows what else he is doing behind your back without telling you! You know what I'm talkin' about. Just pack up and slip away while he's at work. Leave a note on the Samsung fridge.

by Anonymousreply 27June 16, 2020 8:40 PM

No. Replacement parts are super expensive and good luck getting anything covered by warranty!

by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2020 8:42 PM

Your "approval"? He must be a goddam saint to still be with someone from whom he is expected to seek their "approval".

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2020 11:03 PM

Most appliances are only built to last 4 years tops.

by Anonymousreply 30June 16, 2020 11:15 PM

I bought a house with a Samsung 3 door fridge and the freezer is a draw on the bottom. My only issue, and it's minor, the water that comes out of the fridge is not ice cold. It's cold, but not cold cold.

by Anonymousreply 31June 16, 2020 11:25 PM

I’ve got a french door with bottom freezer dealt that’s been great so far. It retailed for $2100 but I got it for $900 - no LCD panel, no door dispenser, not much to break, I hope.

I also have a Samsung microwave - the week after the warranty expired, the exhaust fan started making a grinding noise. The part is discontinued so I can only find replacements on E-bay.

Samsung should stick to TVs.

by Anonymousreply 32June 16, 2020 11:28 PM

R29 I think most couples make such decisions together. I would be perturbed... but if it fit, I'd get over over it with adding, "please include me next time"!

I've had the Samsung French door model, no luck with icemaker, as it kept leaking. It was easier to disconnect the thing. After a a partial kitchen reno, I sold the unit to a realtor, and bought a smaller LG.

Korean appliances are usually reliable, and popular. I think I simply had the lemon icemaker. I make my own ice now, with spring water.

by Anonymousreply 33June 16, 2020 11:36 PM

You're doomed.

by Anonymousreply 34June 16, 2020 11:41 PM

A few years ago I bought the top-of-the-line stackable Samsung washer and dryer. When in use, they are almost dead-silent. The same with my Bosch dishwasher. You can be standing directly in front of it any of these appliances when they're on and have a conversation with someone without raising your voice or talking louder yourself. I've found that the more you pay for a large appliance, the quieter it is.

That said, I also own an Amana refrigerator, which was a middle-line model when I bought it at Sears. For some reason, I never removed the small UPC sticker from inside the freezer door. It is dated 02/25/1996. The fridge is now 24 years old and has never once needed any kind of service. While I'm sure that today's appliances aren't as sturdy as those from years past, I'm still going to buy another Amana when mine finally does need replacing.

by Anonymousreply 35June 16, 2020 11:51 PM

R4 is correct. I'm a past Samsung French door refrigerator owner and had NOTHING but trouble. Purchased new and the Ice maker never did work properly - even after 4 in-warranty service calls (I finally tired of taking work off to meet the service guy). On its BEST day - I maybe ended up with 3 ice cubes. After 2 years, I sold it on CL as damaged and bought an Electrolux (never had an issue whatsoever). Wouldn't you know it - a few years later I purchased a new home that came with a new Samsung and again - nothing but trouble with the ice maker in less than a year.

by Anonymousreply 36June 16, 2020 11:54 PM

LG ad Samsung have faulty parts. My repairman said the Capacitor was $1200. Samsung will send the exact same part to replace the original. They won’t admit the parts are bad.

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2020 11:59 PM

R32 did yours have an icemaker? Did it work?

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2020 12:49 AM

Is your partner bigger than you?

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2020 12:50 AM

Does anyone here have a refrigerator with an icemaker that they love? If so, what brand is it?

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2020 1:30 AM

I've never had any trouble with my Samsung ice/water dispenser. Occasionally the ice will get clumped up and you need to break it up manually, but other than that it works well. I get ice and water several times a day, every day. I will say that the ice maker is very noisy when it's pushing a new batch of ice into the tray.

by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote]I make my own ice now, with spring water.

Did you post that with your hands on your hips?

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2020 1:41 AM

My Jennair has been flawless since installation 10 years ago. I had panels put on to match my cabinetry ,and Miele handles installed to match all my other Miele oven handles in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2020 1:42 AM

R41 is your icemaker in the door? Or is it located in the freezer?

by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2020 2:09 AM

r44 The icemaker is in the upper left side of the refrigerator (not the freezer.) The dispenser (for both ice and water) is in the middle of the left door (French doors.) It looks kind of like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2020 3:19 AM

I have a Samsung side-by-side that’s in its 8th year now. Never had a problem with it. I get ice and water from it every day. Couldn’t be happier.

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2020 3:37 AM

Thanks R45. Is your icemaker in the freezer R46?

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2020 4:18 AM

Not much of a healthy eater are you, R45?

Snack Packs? And you have Coke, A&W, and Generic Cola. And how come the condiments aren't all grouped together?

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2020 4:23 AM

Lol I knew some bitch would critique the fridge contents @ R45!

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2020 4:25 AM

I might be a bitch, but at least my fridge is well organized, unlike that mess. Nothing in that fridge is where it is supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2020 4:27 AM

R11 you have balls of ice, interesting. Does it have a chilling effect on sex?

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2020 4:39 AM

My Samsung Platinum 402 litre fridge was delivered yesterday. I chose Samsung because the price was reasonable, it seems to have a decent rep, is something that passes for reliable and is made in Thailand, not China. Good interior design, providing far more space than the 414 liter I had. The fridge has a "Fresh Room", a plastic tray with a drop-down cover that constitutes the top shelf. Since I hadn't a clue what it was supposed to be for, I removed it, giving me additional space to place tall items on the next shelf down. Huge fruit/veggie "Big Box" bin on the fridge bottom. Shelves are glass, the rest is rather flimsy plastic, but I didn't expect much for the price. One year general warranty, 10 year warranty on the compressor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2020 4:56 AM

It does have speakers. A in-fridge camera. You can program shopping lists and install an app so you can see what’s in the fridge if you should be out shopping. You can also leave notes for your household through the app, send surprise messages or recipes. And it has WiFi and with the speakers you can listen to Spotify or music that way although it’s weak sound. Way more fridge than we needed but we won it. Well, husband did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2020 5:03 AM

R45 — Why is there an old cathode ray TV set on the middle shelf of your fridge?

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2020 6:13 AM

R50 maybe you should enlighten us how a refrigerator should be organized.

by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2020 6:16 AM

Samsung....... DON'T DO IT. Sucks, sucks, sucks. What a fuckin' nightmare brand. I hate my samsung fridge!!!!! Whirlpool is also a garbage brand. Avoid both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 56June 17, 2020 6:34 AM

OMG. And Samsung washers and dryers. TOTAL HEADACHE NIGHTMARE!!!! SUCH GARBAGE PRODUCTS!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2020 6:36 AM

Consumer Reports has French door greater than 34 in widths in order: LG, LG, LG, Kenmore, GE, Ge, GE, GE etc Samsung came in WAY at the bottom so don't get a Samsung! You got screwed Mary!

by Anonymousreply 58June 17, 2020 6:47 AM

r32 it’s an old-style icemaker in the bottom freezer, and it’s been fine so far. don’t jinx it!

by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2020 11:24 AM

We bought Samsung for the same reason as R5. It's 5 years old and the refrigerator part has had no issues, but the ice maker doesn't work like it used to. When new, it could fill a bucket in less than a day. Now, it would take about a week to completely fill the bucket. I've lately noticed the fridge will occasionally make a loud humming sound for a few minutes. We also got the matching stove and dishwasher. The stove has been okay, but the dishwasher has intermittently given us problems. It started leaking, so I Googled issues with it, and it had to do with the steam release area building up with deposits. Once we took that apart and cleaned it, the leaking stopped. It's also gotten louder as time has gone on, and I had an issue one day where it wouldn't shut off, so I turned off the breaker for a few hours and that seemed to re-set it or something. You also can't overload it or it won't clean well. It's almost as if there's not enough spray pressure. We'll be due for a new washer/dryer soon. I won't be getting a front-load washer again, and I won't be getting Samsung.

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2020 11:32 AM

Do the refrigerators that make ice cubes/dispense cold water require filters? We have 2 refrigerators in our office. The panel indicates when the filter needs to be changed. Otherwise, the water and ice cubes have a funky smell.

Our office now has a machine that dispenses cold water and makes carbonated water. It's pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2020 1:46 PM

Ive had mine for ten years, never had one problem with it.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2020 2:02 PM

[quote][R50] maybe you should enlighten us how a refrigerator should be organized.

I shouldn't have to tell you the basics.

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2020 3:05 PM

Cancel the order if you can. I have one just like that. I'm on my second round of getting it replaced. Its going in the gameroom. I assumed the original was a lemon. It wouldn't get cool. now after a few months the new one is doing the same thing. I think I had 8 service calls on the first one. I could probably live with bad ice or warm water, but cooling is kinda important.

BTW OP, does your husband pay for everything? Im not saying he does, but I have a friend who has a little boutique job and the partner is an engineer. He actually goes overboard arguing about the value he brings to the relationship. It ain't the looks or sparkling personality.

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2020 3:48 PM

Are Kenmore refrigerators still pretty good?

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2020 5:46 PM

the one appliance brand I would stay away from is LG. The reason for that I have found is that most appliance repair places refuse to work on them. I am not sure why but believe me I have found out the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2020 6:45 PM

It's interesting how uppity appliance repair people have gotten lately, R66. The allegedly premiere vacuum cleaner repair guy in my town not only refuses to work on Dyson vacuums, but he gets apoplectic if you even bring one into his shop.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2020 7:10 PM

We just ordered this one 2 days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2020 7:10 PM

I bought one just like that. 1 1/2 years in the computer sensor needed replacing. Repair man came three times until it was cheaper to buy a new one. He told me the newer Samsung's have terrible repair problems. Also, my Samsung washer was recalled. Save yourself a lot of problems and send it back.

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2020 8:24 PM

R68 Looks nice! Hope all goes well with it! A friend of mine has a Samsung fridge and likes it. But does not recommend getting the water/ice in the door feature. I like the LED lighting in the Samsung fridge. It looks cool.

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2020 8:35 PM

R42 No, I didn't... I'm simply health conscious.... I don't drink tap water, so why should my ice be made from it? Doesn't logically compute for me. Fluoride and bleach has no place in my body. The tap water in Chicago smells like pool water to me. Some may think all great lakes water sources are some of the best, yet I disagree.

Not everything here has to do with one upping folks. I have several family members with thyroid and kidney disease.... most physicians recommend not to drink from the tap. Growing up in London, none of us ever did.

by Anonymousreply 71June 17, 2020 11:24 PM

The lady is offended.

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2020 12:21 AM

r48 That's not MY refrigerator ... I just Googled for a stock photo of one that looked like my model to illustrate where the icemaker was located.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2020 1:31 AM

r61 I think they pretty much all require filters. You can get generic replacements that cost much less than the "official" ones.

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2020 1:32 AM

I wish the filters were capable of removing fluoride, heavy metals, birth control hormones, and other pharmaceutical residues. If they were capable of such a feat, I would use the ice.

by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2020 1:39 AM

R71 do you think Britta water is safe to drink? If not what do you do?

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2020 3:36 AM

R76 Funny your reply popped up, as I just clicked back here... Any filter is better than no filter, however Brita is a charcoal type filter which is incapable of removing those other contaminants. It doesn't even remove all the chlorine.

What do I personally do? I have water delivered to me in glass bottles. I have large five gallon ones that sit on a stand like you see in offices, and a few cases of one litre bottles. The brand is The Mountain Valley from the Ouachita Mountains in Arkansas. Check it out on MountainValleySpring.com/ or ring them on 1-800-643-1501. WF sells this brand in my area as well.

If you wish to go another route, get a distiller like the Big Berkey. Reverse osmosis total home filter system is an option as well. It is the only filter I'm aware of which can remove MOST fluoride.

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2020 3:45 AM

Why is fluoride so bad in water? It was in the water I drank as a little kid and I seem OK, most of the time!

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2020 5:46 AM

R78 You can read about where exactly the fluoride comes from in treated municipal water supplies: waste end products from Aluminum processing and mining, and the fertiliser business. It's not quite the same as naturally occurring fluoride in mineral waters.

The body takes up fluoride where calcium is meant to deposit; it majes for weaker long bones, and isn't beneficial to health. It is also bad for our thyroids, as it impedes the iodine uptake and regulation in our bodies. It is especially bad for our kidneys as well.

There are great documentaries you can watch on YouTube. I'll try to find one I've watched before I think is quite good, if you're interested. Some believe fluoride is only good for teeth when used topically, yet it is still a cumulative neurotoxin which is almost next to impossible to remove from the body. It will always be in your bones and teeth if you were raised on such water. It's very controversial for many Americans, as I believe all the tap water is fluoridated here. I believe only eight countries fluoridate their water currently. Some are late comers to the fluoride party like Scotland, and there is much resistance against the measure.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2020 5:55 AM

I have a Samsung french door/bottom freezer model. No water or ice in the door, just an icemaker/buycket in the freezer drawer. No problems there. But after about 2 years it started having a problem where water collects in the vegetable crisper drawers, or behind/under them. All refrigerators create water condensate as part of the cooling process, and normally it drains down to a pan at the bottom and evaporates. In certain Samsung models, the condensate freezes as it's traveling downward, and creates an "ice dam" and then water starts routing into the vegetable crispers. The solution is a simple $6 part you can order on Amazon but you have to take the inside of the refrig apart and defrost the ice first before replacing the part. The part basically heats up during the defrost cycle and keeps the water from freezing. The original part is undersized. I got the part 4 months ago but haven't gotten around to taking things apart yet. It annoys me enormously.

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2020 6:12 AM

Sorry to derail the Samsung thread, for those not interested... R78 This is a good beginning for you, and it covers perspectives from both sides. There is another by Dr. Edward Group entitled [italic] Fluoride, Poison on Tap [/italic] yet I'm having trouble finding it. He does have a website, som you can obtain more info if you're interested. The Weston Price Foundation is also against the fluoridation of water supplies. I think they're highly reputable and a great resource.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2020 6:13 AM

R81 I grew up in the 70s and 80s. I was told fluoride was put in the water so our teeth would be healthier. But the powers that be didn’t realize there were drawbacks with fluoride?

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2020 6:17 AM

R82 Some at the National Cancer Institute (US) believed it caused cancer back in the 70s....Here's the one I was thinking of... There's a vid on bitchute from that scientist who believes it to be a carcinogen as well.

This should be a health topic/concern, but sadly it's become politicised, and many entrenched people who advocate for it in drinking water are stuck in the past IMHO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2020 6:44 AM

R82 Here is the other one. It's a very depressing topic, but people ought to be informed of both sides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2020 6:50 AM

Isn’t the level of fluoride put into community drinking water minuscule?

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2020 5:07 PM

I've had my Samsung fridge (french doors/bottom freezer) since 2011. It's had the same issues described by R80, as well as problems with the ice maker (I no longer use the ice maker) and one other issue with the hose. The problem is that in my area, there aren't a lot of technicians who know how to fix a Samsung fridge (or are willing to) so I don't have a lot of choice and have to accept whatever rates the tech gives me (I think he's reasonable but who knows). I live in the SF area, so not exactly hicksville either. I also had a Samsung washer - it died after about 7-8 years. Same issues with finding a repair person.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote]most physicians recommend not to drink from the tap

Absolutely untrue. There is nothing to indicate most physicians have said people should not drink tap water.

by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2020 9:08 PM

[quote] Anyone else have a Samsung refrigerator? Thoughts?

Samsung refrigerators are much better than Frigidaire TVs.

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2020 9:23 PM

R87 They most certainly do when as in my case, (already mentioned upthread) my family history is wrought with CKD and thyroid disease. All people with even slightly reduced kidney function are encouraged to drink something better than tap water. The same with patients who suffer thyroid disease. You have terrible physicians here in the US if this is what they tell you.

In Britain, the majority of us do not drink tap water. You can continue to suck from the pipe mate, but don't think you're getting a pass saying this rubbish when others object.

R85 They'll tell you as much, but over a lifetime, it's cumulative. Some drink more water than others, or they consume more naturally occuring fluoride (as in tea) in addition to their tap water. Americans seem utterly brainwashed to me, when they exhibit some of the worst metrics for health worldwide, yet still believe they're doing "all the right things". It's indicative of a national consciousness and attitude that screams "We're infallible, because we are Americans." If fluoride in tap sources is so fabulous for health, why are the number of countries so small? Why does the US have such high cases of cancers, kidney disease, and osteoporosis? No one needs this crap taken internally, and systemically absorbed throughout all their tissues in order to have strong teeth. Complete rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 89June 18, 2020 10:13 PM

So where do you get your water, R89? You realize that most bottled water is actually tap water bottled by a corporation in plastic bottles which may leach into the water over time? But feel free to think that's somehow better. All the "horrible toxins" in tap water plus the plastic sounds a lot better. *smh*

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2020 12:53 AM

R90 I already shared my source, and was good enough to include contact info. I highly recommend it... Ituconsidered America's finest, and has no connection to Nestle. See R77.

by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2020 12:57 AM

^ It's considered.

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2020 12:58 AM

R90 ...And by the way, it IS better. It's more than a "feeling". I would like you to show a link which proves fluoridated tap water is superior to this springwater for the health of my diminishing kidney function.....

I know I shall be waiting a very long time for such evidence!

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2020 1:06 AM

This affordable Whirlpool refrigerator is the best on the market. I like that the ice and water dispenser are on the inside of the fridge and not on the outside. Those outer dispensers break and leak and are expensive to repair.

This site also has other model recommendations for different styles and price ranges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2020 1:17 AM

I didn't make any claims about tap water being superior. You made claims that water from another source is superior. But you knew that and are simply trolling. Bye. BTW this thread is about refrigerators.

by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2020 1:18 AM

R95 Bugger off sport, your the one attempting to argue with me what's good for MY health. Prattle on about the fridges then, and leave me out. After having a failed icemaking unit (leaking) in a Samsung fridge, it occurred to me I should make my own ice with the water I have delivered.

You're the troll if that didn't logically follow. I responded earlier to a sincere poster with a couple honest questions... I also apologised for derailing the thread.... If you think the fluoridated tap water is equal to America's oldest, and cleanest spring fine... Don't take the time to friggin pester me about it.

Troll much?

by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2020 1:34 AM

The troll @R96 etc has been triggered. Bye now.

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2020 1:57 AM

Trolls are notorious for two things: not reading an entire thread, and creating posts to provoke an emotional response.... no other motivation exists for them posting. They ask inane questions to bait others as well.

by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2020 2:04 AM

My FF button is getting worn out. R98, R96, R93, etc etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2020 2:26 AM

R99 I really regret giving you wine advice a while back. I didn't even make sport of your cheese in the can either.... Why so nasty? You've tried to tell me the water makes me [italic] feel [/italic] it's better, though I've explained upthread why it's not good.... Then you pompously question what I'm drinking, though I shared that earlier....THEN you go on about friggin' plastics, though I said mine is in glass.... G-d, on and on you go like a wound up top.... Now you're F/F ing me? You're nasty.

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2020 3:03 AM

[quote]I like that the ice and water dispenser are on the inside of the fridge and not on the outside.

What are you talking about? It doesn't even have an ice and water dispenser. It just has a regular old icemaker in the freezer. Which my refrigerator 40 years ago had.

I've never heard of any kind of dispenser being inside -- that would mean you'd have to open the door and hold it open (thus raising the temperature and causing the refrigerator to work harder) the entire time you were getting water. Totally impractical.

by Anonymousreply 101June 19, 2020 3:12 AM

Just shutup R100. You are nothing but a troll who maybe made 1 decent post in the distant past. And you started it by calling me a troll in this thread. So think about that when I reacted by calling YOU the troll. Don't dish out troll accusations if you can't take it. And try reading the post that you responded to by calling me a troll. Ridiculous. This place has become a fucked up wasteland of bullshit trolls.

by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2020 5:10 AM

This may sound like a stupid question but do the icemakers in the freezer use filtered water? Is there a filter you have to change periodically?

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2020 7:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!