Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sketchy celeb incidents that nobody talks about for some reason PART 2

First thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 20, 2022 11:55 PM

Golden Age actor Charles Coburn was a card carrying member of the White Citizens Council.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2020 12:48 AM

That news always broke my heart as I enjoyed him so much but then. . . Didn't he testify to HUAC that he'd move to Texas because they shoot communists? Another favorite character actor, Eugene Pallette, went off the deep end at the end of his life, believing the world was going to end by nuclear war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2020 1:08 AM

Yes r2. Eugene Pallette almost got fired by Otto Preminger for hurling racist insults to one of the black actors on the set of a movie. Pallette was a whack job anyway; he built some sort of compound because he was sure that we were going to be in a war with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2020 2:18 AM

But I think that it was Adolph Menjou who said that he’d move to Texas because they shoot Communists. He was another dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2020 2:19 AM

Menjou was responsible for having director John Cromwell blacklisted, testifying that Cromwell was a communist. Did it out of spite, it seems, just because he'd been a Democrat and FDR supporter and Menjou hated FDR. His son James Cromwell mentioned it in an interview, said Menjou was the biggest asshole ever.

Real disappointed in Barbara Stanwyck here:

[quote]In 1947, Menjou cooperated with the House Committee on Un-American Activities saying that Hollywood "is one of the main centers of Communist activity in America". He added: "it is the desire and wish of the masters of Moscow to use this medium for their purposes" which is "the overthrow of the American government".[8] Menjou was a leading member of the Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals, a group formed to oppose communist influence in Hollywood, whose other members included John Wayne, Barbara Stanwyck (with whom Menjou costarred in Forbidden in 1932 and Golden Boy in 1939) and her husband, actor Robert Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2020 10:51 AM

Ariana Grande licking a doughnut while saying all Americans are fat.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2020 4:45 PM

Barbara Stanwyck and Robert Taylor were right-wing assoles who supported the witch hunts

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2020 4:47 PM

I know that Barbara was a member of this group. But I remember how she hired a black man to design her ranch, stood up for her maid when she was on location to film a movie with Clark Gable and the hotel refused to let her maid in. And the late Beah Richards said that Barbara treated her like a queen on the set of her Western television program. But her actions here were misguided. Because she had such a hard scrabble life I think she thought if she could do it, so could everyone else. But back then we didn’t have the phrase “white privilege” and she had no clue about how much that helped her. Guess I am just trying to reconcile my love for her with our opposing politics. Now, Robert Taylor was a closeted little quisling. And Walter Brennan was a John Birch member who jumped for joy when MLK was assassinated. He said that the civil rights movement was top heavy with Communists and rabble rousers. Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and Jimmy Stewart were straight up bigots. So was Virginia Mayo.

Barbara was misguided in her politics. That she was.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2020 6:15 PM

Opera legend Joan Sutherland was a overt racist. According to a disgruntled employee, she would say disparaging things about colleagues of color. He wrote an article that passed around the opera world about all the things she said about such singers as Kathleen Battle and Leontyne Price. Her racists attitude came out in the open during a speech in Australia where she said something like it was ridiculous when she would be asked for a passport by Indian and East Asian clerks.

Her husband, conductor Richard Bonynge, picked up guys at gay bars and took them home to the couple's Brooklyn whenever they were performing in NYC. I've heard this first hand from a number of guys. In the morning, Joan would come into the bedroom. where Bonynge and his lover-for-the-night would be sleeping, and sparkle, "What you like for breakfast?!"

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2020 6:25 PM

So disappointing to hear that about Joan Sutherland. But nothing surprises me about racist celebrities anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2020 2:37 PM

John .Stamos. There is a story from years ago about a DRUNK fan girl who wanted to have sex with him and he wasn't into her so he put her in a dark bedroom, excused himself and then sent in his buddy to fcuk her. Why hasn't he been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2020 4:16 PM

No one talks about the time Johnny Cash slapped a man in Reno just to watch him cry.

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2020 4:36 PM

R11 I hope he's next.

by Anonymousreply 13July 4, 2020 4:05 AM

I don't know if K irk Douglas was mentioned in Part One of this thread but if not, then I wonder if Natalie Wood's sister will speak out now that he is dead...

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2020 2:17 AM

Sean Connery said hitting women was ok and was known to have beaten his wife for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2020 2:21 AM

Didn’t Elvira, the horror movie hostess once claim that Ronald Reagan raped her?

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2020 8:18 AM

I can believe the Stamos story. Many men are pigs.

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2020 1:49 PM

R17 he's good at playing creepy guys too.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2020 12:54 AM

When Julianne Hough and Ryan Seacrest "broke up" there was a report of $$$$ of jewelry being stolen. Julianne had the jewelry, he wanted it back, something along those lines. Then the story suddenly disappeared, all a misunderstanding. My take on it was the jewelry wasn't part of the deal but she took it anyway and probably threatened to spill his secrets if she didn't get to keep it.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2020 4:33 PM

[R11] So if John Stamos had personally fucked her all would be right with the world? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2020 5:11 PM

Don Henley providing drugs to underage prostitutes, one of whom overdosed at his house, getting off scot-free, then having the balls to write the song DIRTY LAUNDRY to disparage a female broadcast journalist who had the temerity to cover the story. He's a disgusting human being.

by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2020 5:14 PM

Judd Hirsch and his ephebophilia.

by Anonymousreply 22July 30, 2020 6:22 PM

Did we cover Spielberg and the Bodybuilder he had arrested because he was dumped?

by Anonymousreply 23July 30, 2020 6:32 PM

[R23] Really? What's all that about?

by Anonymousreply 24July 30, 2020 7:10 PM

[quote]R15 Sean Connery said hitting women was ok and was known to have beaten his wife for no good reason.

George C. Scott was a mean drunk who hit women, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 30, 2020 7:21 PM

R8 - Fred Astaire was a liberal Roosevelt New Deal Democrat.

It was just Ginger (and her horrible stage mother) who were the bigoted right wingers.

by Anonymousreply 26July 30, 2020 9:34 PM

Even though Helen Lawson was observed by multiple witnesses riding the cock of a 17-year-old in the balcony at Grauman's Chinese Theater, which was reported in Confidential Magazine, her career was not harmed.

by Anonymousreply 27July 30, 2020 9:44 PM

But the body of the writer of the article was never found r27...

by Anonymousreply 28July 30, 2020 9:46 PM

It’s not his fault, but in the 80s (?) Steven Spielberg was stalked by a weirdo who had handcuffs, duct tape, hoods and giant sex toys in the trunk of his car.

That could have gone badly for him - -

by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 4:06 AM

R29, Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 4:26 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 5:16 AM

[quote]Steven Spielberg, the director of Jurassic Park and Schindler's List, whose latest film, Amistad, has brought the horrors of slavery to American screens, was reduced to panic and distracted from film-making by a convicted criminal who stalked him.

[quote]Court records released by a federal judge this week in Los Angeles, quote Mr Spielberg as saying that he became "completely panicked", had nightmares and couldn't focus after learning that a man accused of stalking him had been arrested near his home, armed with razors, a knife, masking tape, and a plan to rape him.

[quote]The man, Jonathan Norman, was detained in July after a chase through the elite Los Angeles suburb of Pacific Palisades. Police found a Jurassic Park sticker, a videotape of the film ET and cut-out pictures of dinosaurs in his car. He was on parole after serving a prison term for assault. A police detective, Paul Wright, said Norman told him he had an obsession: "He believed that [Spielberg] wanted to be raped by him."

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2020 5:18 AM

All of the massive bearding/merkin campaigns launched by entertainment spin doctors for their clients...if that ain’t sketchy, I don’t know what is.

by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2020 2:24 PM

^^^The sketchiest in recent times being the beerding of one MisterMichaelClayton act or. It's rumored not to be solely for the usual reasons. His public relations has been active here on dl lately and will be here shortly to start baiting for more info. I won't bite and I'm sure other dlers won't bite either.

by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2020 3:13 PM

The actor who played Lord Grantham on Downton Abbey and the hooker he hired who blabbed to the press about his preferences.

by Anonymousreply 35August 19, 2020 4:38 PM

R15 And he still stands by that sentiment. I hope his wife slaps him too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 19, 2020 4:43 PM

What was the commotion with MIchael Buble and his wife a few months ago, he was mean to her in a YT or something? Much ado about nothing ?

I do recall Emily Blunt having not so flattering things to say about him after they broke up years ago but I don't recall anything abusive.

by Anonymousreply 37August 27, 2020 4:05 AM

Kim K. and her insurance and publicity scam in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 38August 27, 2020 4:23 AM

^^Agree about KK's robbery in Paris, very sketchy and quickly swept under the rug.

by Anonymousreply 39August 30, 2020 4:53 PM

Sean did allegedly slap around his first wife.

by Anonymousreply 40August 31, 2020 2:31 PM

Matt Gaetz's questionable adoption story seems to have disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 41September 7, 2020 1:19 AM

Sean Penn slapping around and tying up Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 42September 7, 2020 1:20 AM

Taylor Swift: ass implants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 7, 2020 1:23 AM

Mark Wahlberg -- killed a guy Matthew Broderick -- killed a guy First Lady Laura Bush -- killed a guy

by Anonymousreply 44September 7, 2020 2:53 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2020 2:05 AM

R44, all true...and yet Charles Manson never killed a soul, but spent all his life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2020 2:14 AM

Carly Simon beating the shit out of Chrissy Hynde in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 47September 12, 2020 2:18 AM

Wow, R47, I thought you were making a joke... but it really happened!!!! At a fucking JONI MITCHELL CONCERT, no less!!

[quote]"Midway through the hour and a half set, Chrissie Hynde roared her approval--gushing very audibly "I love you , I love you" as well as occasionally bellowing, hooting and clapping her hands from her center rear booth. Carly Simon, glaring at the rather tipsy Hynde, finally got fed up and suggested that Hynde sit down, and if you'll excuse the expression, "shut up." That's all it took. According to eye witnesses, Hynde leaped up, grabbed Simon around the neck, and shoved her to the ground, where she began to pummel her--not once but twice."

Sounds like Hynde beat the shit out of Simon, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 12, 2020 2:24 AM

Stevie Nicks got pregnant with Don Henley's child while they were dating. She's got an abortion because he told her he didn't want a kid. Afraid she lose him, she did it. He left her anyways.

by Anonymousreply 49September 12, 2020 2:30 AM

Nope, R26. Lifelong Republican.

I'm sure he wasn't a rancid bitch Republican like Ginger, Virginia Mayo, Robert Taylor, or Gable, but Republican he was.

by Anonymousreply 50September 12, 2020 2:32 AM

Ginger Rogers with Diana Ross giving a gold statue to Jon Voight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 12, 2020 2:40 AM

R50 here.

I love Astaire, and appreciate Kelly (though I prefer Donald O'Connor), but it makes me unimaginably sad to think of all the black hoofers who could dance RINGS around Astaire or Kelly, like Bill Robinson, the Nicholas Brothers, Chuck Green, John Bubbles, or Sandman Sims, but who never got the recognition, careers, or money they deserved.

And to think that probably 90+% of those black dancers' work never made it to film. But what we do have is beyond remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 52September 12, 2020 2:45 AM

Madonna claimed the "Alien DNA" doctor was her hero:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 12, 2020 2:48 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 54September 12, 2020 2:50 AM

R40 Sean Connery's wife Diane Cilento was rather eccentric.

I read her 400 page memoir and it includes some clever stuff (writing plays) and some wacky stuff (building an Egyptian temple in Queensland).

Her first marriage breakup was hectic but I remember no physical violence in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 12, 2020 2:54 AM

R49 Well, we did get a nice song out of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 12, 2020 4:49 AM

R9 So Sutherland made some verbal remarks about her rivals and about some sloppy staff. We all do that.

No evidence of bashing or blood-letting?

by Anonymousreply 57September 12, 2020 5:49 AM

President Kennedy committed adultery. Frequently.

He asked forgiveness for his adultery and other sins at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on 400 Michigan Ave.

But he wasn't able to make a final confession.

by Anonymousreply 58September 12, 2020 6:38 AM

R58, After he was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, Ted Kennedy sent a letter to the Vatican asking the Pope to forgive his past sins.

by Anonymousreply 59September 12, 2020 7:20 AM

Not unlike the Seinfeld-Lonstein May-December romance, the Disick-Richie romance seemed just as odd (wrong) to me. Sofia was still in high school, living in her father's house when she became involved with Disick. They both lied ito everyone around them n the beginning claiming they were just friends. They lied to the media as well, before finally admitting it nearly a year later.

When they began, I believe she was eighteen, and he was thirty-four. Lionel wasn't chuffed at the start, and once even said she was nineteen and didn't know what she wanted; he even referred to it as "just a phase" in in an interview. (funny how many young gaylings heard that attribution whilst coming out)

I sensed she was very much behaving as a young girl living at home with her Dad.... she did not at all strike me as sophisticated or as a young adult.

Was this acceptable simply because Disick was rich, and Sophia had been friends with Kylie forever? It seems odd he got a complete pass, even when he was photographed kissing other women, or rubbing SPF cream on various ladies. "Lord" Disick seems like a creep.

by Anonymousreply 60September 12, 2020 7:26 AM

What was the deal with Virginia Mayo? She appears on every list of this kind, but nobody ever posts any incidents of her supposed toxic racism.

I believe it, but I want to see some receipts.

by Anonymousreply 61September 12, 2020 12:21 PM

R60 i never took it seriously because Sofia and Scott came off as pr to me.

by Anonymousreply 62September 12, 2020 12:41 PM

Ellie Kemper's involvement with the creepy Veiled Prophet organization in St. Louis.

by Anonymousreply 63September 12, 2020 1:00 PM

[R9] I love Joan Sutherland. I don't know what to feel about her now. I hope it is not real.

by Anonymousreply 64September 12, 2020 1:05 PM

Danny Bonadouchebag raped an intern when he was on the radio in Los Angeles and the station paid 6 figures to her to make it go away.

by Anonymousreply 65September 12, 2020 1:08 PM

Julie Andrews locked her adopted children up in a funny farm.

by Anonymousreply 66September 12, 2020 1:35 PM

No one talked about the late Paul Walker dating a 16 yr old girl.

by Anonymousreply 67September 12, 2020 4:06 PM

R63 I can't say I'm that surprised.

by Anonymousreply 68September 12, 2020 4:24 PM

R63 Do they still hold VP Fair, and the Ball?

by Anonymousreply 69September 12, 2020 4:37 PM

R11, no one can be held responsible for what they do when they are drunk.

by Anonymousreply 70September 12, 2020 4:38 PM

R15, if you were dumb enough to marry an actor, you deserve to be slapped.

by Anonymousreply 71September 12, 2020 4:41 PM

Antonio Sabato, Jr.’s beatdown in the nineties/aughts at an upscale men’s store. It was on tape.

by Anonymousreply 72September 12, 2020 5:36 PM

R67 I believe it was multiple underage girls. But yeah, when he died, his girlfriend of 7 years was 23. But "Saint Paul" is the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 73September 12, 2020 5:48 PM

So Ginger was onstage with a black actress? This doesn’t mean shit. She could still be a racist.

by Anonymousreply 74September 12, 2020 5:48 PM

R69 They still do. There was a protest against the VP organization in St.Louis after Michael Brown's death. The Atlantic wrote a pretty good article about the VP Ball and Fair in 2014. It's a bit surprising that BLM and other woke/SJW types haven't gone after Ellie Kemper for being a former VP Queen or the fact that her banking family has a controversial history in Kansas City and St. Louis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 12, 2020 6:22 PM

No r48 Carly beat the shit out of Chrissy because she told me so.

by Anonymousreply 76September 12, 2020 9:59 PM

[quote]her banking family has a controversial history in Kansas City and St. Louis.

Gee, I wonder why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 12, 2020 10:06 PM

R61 Virginia Mayo's alleged "racism" occurred once when she said "who are you?" to the the Sultan of Morocco.

And then she said "I hate them" referring to English people in 1951.

by Anonymousreply 78September 12, 2020 10:08 PM

R75 Regarding the cancelled types, they have a tendency to only go after already weakened or disliked targets. It's one of the reasons I can't take them one hundred percent seriously even if I agree with some of what they're saying. They're not going to go after the photogenic all American girl next door.

by Anonymousreply 79September 12, 2020 10:17 PM

Virginia Mayo was a real cunt to her daughter. Blamed her for the downturn in her career because she claimed that her daughter “ruined her figure”. Couldn’t have ruined her acting ability because she never had any.

by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2020 2:13 AM

Actually, Virginia Mayo was a pretty good actress, appearing in good flicks like White Heat and The Best Years of our Lives. Maybe you're thinking of Veronica Lake.

by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2020 2:29 AM

Virginia Mayo looked like the 4th Gabor sister.

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2020 9:19 PM

Paul Lynde's companion falling out of the hotel window and dying didn't get talked about. I believe it happened early in his career, during Bewitched and didn't seem to have effected his ability to get work after that.

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2020 9:38 PM

R11/R17/R18 regarding Stamis being a lecherous asshole, I remember reading a blind several years ago about him getting an actress on the sitcom GRANDFATHERED straight-up fired, because he was offended that she was sexually interested in Stamos’ younger co-lead Josh Peck (who I always thought was gay, but that’s another story).

Stamos was lucky to even get that gig, given his credibility and limitations, yet there he went swinging his weight around. Could even have been that poor girl’s break he cruelly snatched away (well, it was a one-season also-ran show, so probably not, but who knows?)

by Anonymousreply 84September 16, 2020 10:30 PM

Did he ever grab Candace's boobs once she got them?

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote]Danny Bonadouchebag raped an intern when he was on the radio in Los Angeles.

Pretty quiet rape if none of the listeners called the police.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2020 1:47 AM

John Cameron Swayzie actually wore a Rolex, not a Timex.

Takes a licking my ass.

by Anonymousreply 87September 19, 2020 3:11 PM

[quote]Takes a licking my ass.

I think you meant, "Takes a licking, my ass."

Although, who am I to second-guess anyone?

by Anonymousreply 88September 19, 2020 8:43 PM

Let's eat grandma!

by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2020 8:44 PM

Morgan Freeman and his step grand daughter, allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 90September 21, 2020 5:57 AM

During Truth or Dare, there's this awful moment where one of Madonna's staff (make-up artist) turns up to work, reporting that she thinks she was drugged and raped (potentially by more than one guy) the night before.

Madonna's reaction to this is to laugh and make jokes about what she thinks might have happened to a horrified back-up dancer.

I've never seen anyone call her out on this in all the interviews were people brought up with her the 'shocking' moments in Truth or Dare. With one exception and that was on the Howard Stern show, where Robin brought it up, and Howard very quickly moved the topic on to Evita or something like that. Oh, and when those backup dancers were doing the rounds on that documentary about their lives a couple of years back, the dancer Slam mentioned he was horrified seeing that in the film. But other than that it's been so weirdly quiet. Everyonen was clutching their pearls about Madonna giving head to an Evian bottle, but not this? Whatever the truth of that situation was, Madonna's reaction to it is really disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 91September 21, 2020 6:38 AM

^Apologies, I just realised this was a part 2 thread and saw this has been discussed on part 1. I will point out though, that it doesn't really matter if that hairdresser was crazy, the point is Madonna's reaction to hearing about it. And the brief part where Madonna speaks about it on that Howard Stern show, she clearly believed it happened. There's something very disturbing about her reaction to it. Not to mention the reaction from Niki and Donna to it in Truth or Dare as well.

by Anonymousreply 92September 21, 2020 6:58 AM

Ariana licking donuts and calling all Americans fat.

by Anonymousreply 93September 21, 2020 8:18 AM

R93 donuts are the least of Ariana's problems.

by Anonymousreply 94September 21, 2020 9:26 AM

R91, I see people bringing this up a lot lately. Truth or Dare is one of my favorite movies (MARY!!) and I never thought too deeply into this moment. I mean, yeah, it’s shitty, but I’m willing to cut her a little slack. People respond to difficult and disturbing news in weird ways. When I was younger and less thoughtful, I probably would’ve done stupid like that too.

Of course, anything other than strict adherence to the guidelines set for proper responses in 2020 is completely unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 95September 21, 2020 1:55 PM

I dunno about that... I saw Truth or Dare in 1996 and I was horrified by that scene then. I understand nervous laughter, I'm prone to it myself, but this goes beyond that, and for a woman who was so sanctimonious about being a mother to the people she was working with, she was remarkably dismissive about something serious like that.

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2020 8:29 PM

I saw "Truth or Dare" at a packed midnight showing the week it was released

When the two male dancers kissed, three young frat boy types who were seated in front of me with their girlfriends, began making loud noises of revulsion and promptly got up and left the theatre, leaving their girlfriends behind.

by Anonymousreply 97September 21, 2020 10:32 PM

Wow, they sure showed everyone else what real men they were! 😄 No doubt heading back to their frat house to engage in totally straight practices like drinking beer out of each other's asses, etc.

by Anonymousreply 98September 21, 2020 10:53 PM

R97, I'll be they left to make out.

by Anonymousreply 99September 21, 2020 11:15 PM

It's surprising that Madonna acted that way. Hasn't she said a couple of times she was raped in New York when she was young. But she's become a very self-centered hateful person.

by Anonymousreply 100September 21, 2020 11:49 PM

It's infuriating that the Ellie Kemper story hasn't received the attention it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 101September 27, 2020 9:34 PM

Speaking of George C. Scott. He attended an All girls College under a special scholarship that provided male actors to play the male characters for the play productions. Well, he fully took advantage of being one of the handful of male students on campus and knocked up a bunch of students, who had to either drop out of college or get back alley abortions so their parents wouldn't find out!

by Anonymousreply 102September 27, 2020 9:46 PM

R102, I never understood why Colleen Dewhurst married that SOB twice.

by Anonymousreply 103September 27, 2020 10:34 PM

R102. Scott attended the University of Missouri, which was hardly an all-women School. Perhaps he acted in shows at Stephens College, a Missouri college for women that used local male students in their productions. The Broadway actress Maude Adams, the first American Peter Pan, IIRC, taught and directed theatre there after she retired from the stage (and apparently created some lighting equipment that was innovative). One of my college speech and rhetoric teachers, who was from Missouri and did his BA at Missouri, acted in some shows directed by Adams (yes, I’m old), I think it is now assumed that Adams was a lesbian and after a point preferred life out of the spotlight—Stephens would certainly be that!

by Anonymousreply 104September 27, 2020 11:52 PM

Kemper was 18 or 19 when she became Miss Veiled Prophet.

If she's no longer involved with them, I'll let that one slide on thd grounds of youthful idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 105September 28, 2020 2:48 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 106October 9, 2020 7:20 PM

Talk show host Jenny Jones told Howard Stern that during her days as a young stand-up comic, she was raped by another very famous, A-list comedian.

Speaking of Stern, he may have driven an extremely fragile Dana Plato over the edge. She appeared on his show on a Friday for an interview, and she was clearly having an "episode". Stern's producers thought it would be funny to pass caller after caller through making brutal, mocking statements to Plato. The poor woman was in tears. That weekend, Plato killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 107October 9, 2020 8:05 PM

[quote] When the two male dancers kissed, three young frat boy types who were seated in front of me with their girlfriends, began making loud noises of revulsion and promptly got up and left the theatre, leaving their girlfriends behind.

[italic]The Opposite of Sex[/italic] has a great response to this sort of thing where, after two male characters kiss, Christina Ricci’s character does this voiceover:

[quote] Can I just say to all the girls out there…if you’re with a guy who groaned or made some crack during that little kiss…you’re with what we call a closet case. That’s the number one tip-off. Number two is if they freak out about gays in the military. You know, if they can’t discuss it without giggling about showering with guys…and bending over for soap and stuff. That’s not good. Real straight guys don’t spend a whole lot of time thinking about wet naked men, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 108October 10, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote] When the two male dancers kissed, three young frat boy types who were seated in front of me with their girlfriends, began making loud noises of revulsion and promptly got up and left the theatre, leaving their girlfriends behind.

[italic]The Opposite of Sex[/italic] has a great response to this sort of thing where, after two male characters kiss, Christina Ricci’s character does this voiceover:

[quote] Can I just say to all the girls out there…if you’re with a guy who groaned or made some crack during that little kiss…you’re with what we call a closet case. That’s the number one tip-off. Number two is if they freak out about gays in the military. You know, if they can’t discuss it without giggling about showering with guys…and bending over for soap and stuff. That’s not good. Real straight guys don’t spend a whole lot of time thinking about wet naked men, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 109October 10, 2020 1:14 AM

84 degrees today not fall like

by Anonymousreply 110October 11, 2020 10:47 PM

that mother nature is a sketchy bitch huh r110?

by Anonymousreply 111October 11, 2020 10:48 PM

The fact that the photographers are in the right place at the right time. More and more celebrities are tipping off the photographers for staged photos. And PR couples.

by Anonymousreply 112October 13, 2020 1:13 AM

Luvvy Lily James and Luvvy Dominic West have pashing off on a holiday in Rome.

by Anonymousreply 113October 13, 2020 1:16 AM

Biden's a weak candidate who perfectly symbolizes a corrupt political party that's rotted through and has nothing to offer voters beyond hatred. The wink wink to the riots and looting followed by bowing down to criminals was the last straw. The Dems might as well just rebrand themselves as the anti-American Communist Party - it would be more honest.

by Anonymousreply 114November 2, 2020 6:48 PM

Go stuff it up your ass, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 115November 2, 2020 7:11 PM

[R115] The "Boris" meme died along time ago - like your saggy ass.

by Anonymousreply 116November 2, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote]three young frat boy types who were seated in front of me with their girlfriends, began making loud noises of revulsion and promptly got up and left the theatre, leaving their girlfriends behind.

The trio then ran into the men's room, grabbed the solo booth and began to furiously masturbate themselves until one dropped to his knees, fulfilling a long-held fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 117November 4, 2020 1:54 AM

Jodie Foster getting busted for cocaine in 1983.

Tons of celebrities attend parties/perform for dictators.

by Anonymousreply 118May 27, 2021 4:46 PM

Who has yachted - anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 119May 27, 2021 5:35 PM

Chyler Leigh making out with her own brother in an awful family movie from the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 120May 27, 2021 6:00 PM

Brad Pitt allegedly cheating on Jennifer Aniston with escorts during the filming of the first Oceans movie.

Will Smith hooking up with Margot Robbie. Will and Jada are swingers and Margot was dating her future husband at the time.

by Anonymousreply 121May 27, 2021 7:26 PM

During Bar Refaeli's trial for tax evasion, it was pretty much confirmed that her relationship with Leo D. was a sham, and that much of what was reported about them at the time was planted by her mother and manager to make it seem like Bar was primarily living in the US - when in fact she was spending huge chunks of the year in her native Israel. DiCaprio himself declined to testify , instead having his FATHER (!) submit a written affidavit confirming his son was in a relationship and living with Bar at the time.

However, Western media refused to touch this aspect of the story - you had to go to (English speaking) Isreaeli newspapers for all the telling little details - and the story quickly went away.

by Anonymousreply 122May 27, 2021 11:36 PM

R11 John Stamos is gay, like big white cock and takes it up the poop chute and I know a guy who fucks him on the regular.

by Anonymousreply 123May 28, 2021 12:05 AM

What happened to David Daniels, the opera singer? He was all in the news for a while, then it's been really quiet. Have he and his husband been in jail yet?

by Anonymousreply 124May 28, 2021 12:30 AM

Isn't Ed Warren a sexual predator? Yet they still keep those Conjuring movies glorifying him and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 125June 21, 2021 12:02 AM

Alan Thicke dated and was even engaged to Kristy Swanson when he was 40 and she was 17.

by Anonymousreply 126August 31, 2021 9:46 AM

R107 Lol Howard is funny.

by Anonymousreply 127August 31, 2021 10:59 AM

R120 WTF. No one else to take either role?

by Anonymousreply 128August 31, 2021 11:03 AM

I think there’s been a great deal of mixup between stars’ anti-communism and racism. In the 1940s and 50s you could be a virulent anti-communist because you saw it as an attack on the American way of life. You could also simultaneously be in show business and recognize, appreciate, and thoroughly admire the talents of Black entertainers. So, weirdly, many of the actors named above would have no problem treating Black entertainers as equals, because they were in show business and were not “civilians.” So you may excuse many of those people because they treated POC respectfully, but they had absolutely no problem destroying the livelihoods and careers of many other people. You would have the crazies like Eugene Pallette and Charles Coburn, but also John Wayne, Ginger Rogers and her dreadful mother, and Gary Cooper who would be nominally conservative but did participate in stealing peoples careers.

We are so attuned these days to treating very conservative people as, ipso facto, racist. Remember, Charlton Heston marched on Washington with MLK.

by Anonymousreply 129August 31, 2021 11:09 AM

[Quote] I believe it was multiple underage girls. But yeah, when he died, his girlfriend of 7 years was 23. But "Saint Paul" is the narrative.

I never got a Saint Paul vibe. And i think it was only 2 girls. He had a kid at 15. Sounds like a case of arrested development.

[Quote] WTF. No one else to take either role?

I don't think she's close with her mother because of that. Must be weird for her to know that people ship Kara and Alex on Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 130August 31, 2021 1:54 PM

Brian Jones...had at least 5 children by different mothers by the time he was 21; beat up all his girlfriends.

Bill Wyman..started dating Mandy Smith when she was 13, married her when she was 18 and he was in his mid 50s.

by Anonymousreply 131August 31, 2021 6:12 PM

Steven Spielberg being on set during the Twilight Zone accident, in which Vic Morrow and two non-professional child actors (basically live props)were killed as a dangerously-low helicopter was flying around them and pyrotechnics were going off. The children were there illegally, as it was 2am. Allegedly child labor inspectors visited the set earlier, and director John Landis had the kids play hide-and-seek until the inspector left. When the accident occurred, Spielberg pulled an "I was never here!" and was immediately spirited away by assistants. I believe he later claimed to be out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 132August 31, 2021 7:23 PM

Isn’t Spielberg’s remake of WEST SIDE STORY basically a casting call for barely legal teens?

Several blinds have alluded to this…

by Anonymousreply 133September 1, 2021 3:46 PM

Fred Willard getting caught masturbating in a porn theater.

by Anonymousreply 134September 6, 2021 7:13 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 135July 20, 2022 11:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!