Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melania Trump used newfound leverage to redo prenup after election win, new book says

First Lady Melania Trump favorably renegotiated her prenuptial agreement after husband Donald Trump won the White House, according to a new book by Washington Post reporter Mary Jordan.

Melania Trump stayed in New York for months after the president's inauguration, saying publicly it was because she didn’t want to interrupt son Barron’s school year. Privately, Jordan writes in "The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump," she was using the time to cool off and leverage her absence in her negotiations — as the president's allies wanted her in Washington to be a calming force for the president.

ordan writes that Melania Trump had learned new details about her husband from the scandal-riddled campaign, which was marked by reports on the president’s alleged infidelities and a hot mic tape that captured Trump describing groping women's genitals and kissing them without consent, according to a Post report on the book. Trump has denied the affairs.

Melania Trump then used her standing as the president's longest relationship, and the first lady, to rework her initial prenuptial agreement, which the book reports had not been particularly generous.

Melania Trump's nearly six month stay in New York as first lady wasn't cheap: reportedly, her military flights to Washington cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, while guarding her and Barron cost the city millions.

Melania Trump referred to the prenup renegotiation as "taking care of Barron," the author writes, according to the Post report, and she sought written assurances that her son would be treated like the president's oldest three children with his former wives when it came to inheritance and financial opportunities.

Jordan’s book, the Post reports, paints a picture of an ambitious Mrs. Trump who embraced and encouraged the president’s political ambitious and is committed to winning a second term for her husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2020 6:52 PM

Dream on, hon.

by Anonymousreply 1June 12, 2020 3:44 PM

Why is she committed to helping him win a second term? She doesn't seem to like being first lady all that much, and she is barely in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 2June 12, 2020 3:44 PM

So? Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 3June 12, 2020 3:45 PM

Is this supposed to make her more sympathetic to us? Helen Keller can see that she's going to divorce his ass right after this is over (hopefully in November).

This immoral bitch is then going to go on some long PR campaign, writing a book, doing interviews, etc. to pivot and save her image. And the media will drop to its needs and lick it up.

It's so fucking predictable.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2020 3:52 PM

As much as we fucking hate these two, this is good dish!

Also, notice how for MONTHS the media was quiet about all of this. I remember those talking points about interrupting the school year. I believed the hell out of it! Truthfully, how disastrous would that have been had she filed for divorce right after election day???? Seems she does have leverage here after all.....

by Anonymousreply 5June 12, 2020 3:55 PM

I still think she should be tarred and feathered for her "I Don't Really Care, Do U?" debacle...but I LOVED her look at the G7 in Sicily! And I think I was the only one of my friends group who was a fan of the blood red Christmas trees!

by Anonymousreply 6June 12, 2020 3:56 PM

FWIW, the First Whore did not accompany Trump to NJ despite this being his birthday weeekend

by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2020 4:02 PM

The terms of her marriage completely changed when he won the presidency. Her previous life as a relatively low-maintenance, low-profile trophy wife was over.

Good for Melania for renegotiating a stingy prenup.

by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2020 4:24 PM

If she wants respect, she'll leave him before November.

However, allowing this orange shit monster to put so much as an HPV infected finger in her snatch invalidates any meager respect she had for herself in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote] assurances that her son would be treated like the president's oldest three children with his former wives

Even the authors forgot Tiffany. The oldest three children were all by his first wife Ivana. Then Tiffany was by the second, Marla Maples.

by Anonymousreply 10June 12, 2020 5:08 PM

r2 Maybe she worked a clause in that her settlement would go up if he got a second term? Once he won the 1st the fact there would be an attempt at a 2nd was pretty much guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 11June 12, 2020 5:16 PM

R11 my thinking, too. She would probably get less if she left before.

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2020 5:18 PM

Jackie on assistance used her First Lady position and the threat she would divorce Jack while in the WH in order to get the Kennedy father to give her a million in cash to stay (a lot of money in the early 60's).

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote] Melania Trump referred to the prenup renegotiation as "taking care of Barron," the author writes, according to the Post report, and she sought written assurances that her son would be treated like the president's oldest three children with his former wives when it came to inheritance and financial opportunities.

But... but Daddy has FIVE children, not four!

Gulp...

by Anonymousreply 14June 12, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote] And the media will drop to its needs

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2020 6:17 PM

[quote] Even the authors forgot Tiffany.

The article was clear that the equal treatment she seeks is a role for Barron in Trump's business empire-- specifically, a role in running Trump's businesses in Europe. Tiffany does not work for Trump. That is why they mention the three eldest and not Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2020 6:21 PM

She's not dumb, I'll give her that. Melania is a survivor and has come a long way from Novo Mesto, Slovenia. Props to her for insuring her son against her own replacement (which would likely already have happened had it not been for Donald unexpectedly becoming President).

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote] three children with his former wives

R26, you need reading comprehension 101, "former wives" is plural. His three oldest children were not by his former wives, they were from one former wife, Ivana. His FOUR older children were from "former wives."

by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2020 6:29 PM

Reading this report is the most, by far, that I've ever respected the whore.

by Anonymousreply 19June 12, 2020 6:31 PM

He changed the terms on which she has to live her life in a dramatically horrible fashion. It makes sense that she would look at that and say "I'm only going along with this if you change the terms of our marriage settlement to reflect that I'm going to be the most maligned, hated woman in the world for the rest of my life, Dahnald."

by Anonymousreply 20June 12, 2020 6:36 PM

Technically speaking r10, he was not married to Marla when Tiffany was born, so she wasn’t his second wife when she had a child.

by Anonymousreply 21June 12, 2020 6:43 PM

She probably does want him to be reelected. She can have as much privacy as she wants and doesn't have to lift a finger. Wonder if she gets any Secret Service dick.

by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2020 6:51 PM

[quote] And subsequent marriage does not legitimize the bastard child

Actually, it depends on the location. Post factum legitimisation of a bastard is the standard in most US states.

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2020 6:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!