Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"King of Staten Island" opens tomorrow!

Jealous, bitches?

Pete Davidson is going to be a STAR!

And SNL will hate him for it.

If only he had done a theatrical release. It would have been "Oscar nominated 'King of Staten Island.'"

Then you all would really be sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 15, 2021 3:51 PM

Pete would have been nominated for Best Actor Oscar. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 1June 12, 2020 4:43 AM

They changed the Oscar eligibility rules this year to allow nominations for movies that were released on streaming, so Pete and the movie can still get Oscar nominations. I don't think Pete will get nominated, but Marisa Tomei and Bill Burr are locks.

by Anonymousreply 2June 12, 2020 4:52 AM

I like Pete Davidson, and I think he's cute. But he's an unfunny comedian and an untalented actor, so the movie will probably bomb. No Oscar for Pete, and I hope he doesn't get all suicidal again because of it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 12, 2020 4:55 AM

Thanks, PR hacks.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2020 4:57 AM

Hooray for Kevin James, back on the big screen once again and reprising his iconic TV role. Glad that Leah Remini is getting work, too.

by Anonymousreply 5June 12, 2020 4:57 AM

he should keep his shirt on.

by Anonymousreply 6June 12, 2020 4:58 AM

I'm so glad to hear that, R2!

by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2020 5:00 AM

How is it that movies that haven't even opened yet have people pushing for Oscar nominations for their stars? Maybe wait until the audience has seen it before shilling for the ultimate accolade? People seem to treat Oscar noms as a rubber stamp to prove that a performance is good.

by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2020 5:06 AM

Meh

by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2020 5:06 AM

Who the fuck cares? Stop taking up DL space, PR bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10June 12, 2020 5:42 AM

I saw it tonight, it wasn't good. Buscemi should be cast as his father in a future film, though.

by Anonymousreply 11June 12, 2020 5:50 AM

That's probably why they didn't do a theatrical release, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2020 5:52 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing "King of Staten Island" not only for having a fresh two-hour respite from our horrific reality, but for its nod to firefighters--NYC's truly "finest." If it's not so good, I've seen worse

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2020 6:00 AM

maybe nominated for the ugliest least talented fug on SNL ever

by Anonymousreply 14June 12, 2020 6:25 AM

What is there about him tht makes me want to smash that jackass grin off his face ??

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2020 6:31 AM

The firefighter stuff is sweet.

by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2020 6:41 AM

Is he going to show that big dick of his in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2020 6:46 AM

god he's fuckin hideous

by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2020 6:48 AM

71 % on Rotten Tomatoes - not so shabby.

by Anonymousreply 19June 12, 2020 6:57 AM

What's the user rating on Rotten T, r19? That's the only one that anyone pays attention to.

by Anonymousreply 20June 12, 2020 7:04 AM

Not up yet, R20. I prefer the critic rating since a lot of people like awful things.

by Anonymousreply 21June 12, 2020 7:06 AM

There's a lot of buzz surrounding this movie.

Love him or hate him, Pete is definitely a rising star.

by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2020 7:23 AM

He sure will ride the “My daddy died in 9/11” sob story till the wheels fall off. And why not? He’s made connections he never would’ve if he was just a homely guy from Staten Island. Reminds me of Tig Notaro and her brush with the A list over The Worst Month Of Her Life.

I suspect, like Tig, the goodwill will run out eventually.

I’ll look at screen grabs if he shows his dick, but I’m not wasting an hour and a half (or three hours, since this is a Judd Apatow) watching the goose that laid the golden egg exploit a tragedy from twenty years ago to promote his career.

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2020 7:44 AM

Hideous with a ig dick, lives in his mother's basement.

He's a datalounger

by Anonymousreply 24June 12, 2020 7:56 AM

Nah, he is a young pot-smoking video gamer. In another 30 years, he will be ready to join us here in DL land.

by Anonymousreply 25June 12, 2020 8:12 AM

yea, a star so small it don't shine no mo honey

by Anonymousreply 26June 12, 2020 8:15 AM

I like him.

by Anonymousreply 27June 12, 2020 8:37 AM

It still looks good to me (going by the trailer) and the ensemble cast seems strong.

Anyone seen it yet? I’m trying to decide whether to rent it.

by Anonymousreply 28June 12, 2020 9:21 AM

R24 That's HIS basement. His mother lives in HIS house.

by Anonymousreply 29June 12, 2020 9:38 AM

He's hawt. I want to see it!

by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2020 9:46 AM

He's another actor who can only play himself since he has no talent to act.

by Anonymousreply 31June 12, 2020 9:50 AM

On a Staten Island Facebook page someone commented they wouldn't watch the movie because Davidson is "a liberal."

by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2020 9:52 AM

BREAKING NEWS AT R32!

by Anonymousreply 33June 12, 2020 9:59 AM

I want him!

by Anonymousreply 34June 12, 2020 10:23 AM

Does he wear a lot of eye shadow in the film?

by Anonymousreply 35June 12, 2020 10:46 AM

If what R2 wrote is true, then I can't wait until Pete gets nominated for Best Actor at the Academy Awards and the Golden Globes.

Datalounger heads are going to EXPLODE!!!

by Anonymousreply 36June 12, 2020 10:51 AM

This review made me less interested in seeing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 12, 2020 11:38 AM

I'm about halfway through it and have to say I've been very pleasantly surprised. It's very funny and the performances are fantastic. Comedies don't tend to do very well at the Oscars but I wouldn't be surprised if the performances by Davidson and Tomei get nominations at least.

by Anonymousreply 38June 12, 2020 10:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 12, 2020 10:52 PM

Wow, not very photogenic. And how long can he milk that 911 thing?

He'll go the way of all other SNL movie alums: Stuart Smalley; It's Pat...

by Anonymousreply 40June 12, 2020 11:34 PM

I’ll be busy fapping to other shit

by Anonymousreply 41June 12, 2020 11:36 PM

They showed some clips of him when he was really young on Kimmel. He was a little cutie!

by Anonymousreply 42June 12, 2020 11:36 PM

To watch it On Demand on Xfinity is $20.00!

by Anonymousreply 43June 12, 2020 11:47 PM

Fucking Spectrum, Satanic Provider from South Hell, is charging $19.99!

Did I mention that I HATE SPECTRUM!!!

by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2020 12:59 AM

Jesus, for 20 buck's I'd expect him to come to my house and present hole. Except he's got Crohn's disease so that might not be a pretty sight.

by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2020 1:04 AM

"Universal Pulls Pete Davidson and Judd Apatow Flick ‘King of Staten Island’ From Drive-Ins"

Universal scrambled to scrub Pete Davidson and Judd Apatow’s new comedy “The King of Staten Island” from theaters — mainly drive-ins — after the film was mistakenly booked at roughly 100 theaters across the country.

An individual familiar with the mix up said that Universal booked “The King of Staten Island” in a limited number of theaters, like it had done for “Trolls World Tour,” which premiered on streaming in April.

Once executives realized the mishap, even though Apatow’s film was intended to only go on streaming, they pulled it from the theaters at which it had been booked.

The film, which is based on what Davidson’s life could have been like had he not become a comedian — the SNL cast member is from Staten Island, New York — is meant to be a “love letter” to Davidson’s mother, as well as a tribute to his late firefighter father who died responding to the attacks on 9/11.

Universal made the decision for the film to bypass theaters back in April after the industry and exhibitors were all but forced to shut down operation as a result of the novel coronavirus pandemic.

“The King of Staten Island” was originally supposed to open in theaters on June 19 after it was meant to debut at the SXSW Film Festival, which was also cancelled.

The film dropped for streaming via a premium video on demand release on Friday. A couple of days prior a site called MovieFilm Biz reported that it actually would be in theaters — picking up on the mistake bookings.

Apatow tweeted that it was simply an error and tried to clear up the confusion.

“THIS IS AN ERROR. THE KING OF STATEN ISLAND IS ONLY OPENING ON VOD FRIDAY. IT IS NOT OPENING IN THEATERS,” Apatow tweeted on Tuesday.

Universal has been a pioneer in releasing films solely on streaming platforms and foregoing a traditional theatrical release, especially in the midst of the global pandemic.

In April the studio found itself in a tiff with AMC Theatres and other exhibitors after NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell told The Wall Street Journal that the success of “Trolls World Tour’s” release, “demonstrated the viability of PVOD” and could lead them to “release movies on both formats.”

AMC made the decision to essentially blacklist Universal after comments by Shell in a Wall Street Journal story published Tuesday morning that reported that “Trolls World Tour” made $95 million in digital rentals in the 19 days since its release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 13, 2020 2:08 AM

I can't wait to miss it!

by Anonymousreply 47June 13, 2020 2:09 AM

I don't think he's funny, but he's definitely self-aware.

by Anonymousreply 48June 13, 2020 2:17 AM

Why does Pete have so many jealous haters?

by Anonymousreply 49June 13, 2020 2:37 AM

Just watched it...I am a New Yorker, and I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 50June 13, 2020 2:39 AM

Less than 70 percent on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty fucking bad. Usually critics will universally agree if a film has merit, even if they "don't like" the film.

Right now, the film has 69 percent Rotten Tomatoes.

"A long 'finding yourself' dramedy (almost two and a half hours) that's unfortunately a tad slight on the laughs and way too long on the melodrama."

"The movie drags on for 137 minutes, which feels like considerably more than the familiar premise and its aimless central character can fully support. That's despite the able supporting lineup."

"Judd Apatow's latest comedy feels more irksome than endearing, despite Davidson's autobiographical screenplay."

"Pete Davidson may as well be waving his heavily inked arm and saying to his fans, 'Sorry, kids, there's nothing to see here.'"

"It's lost in a tonal valley, unsure of how to wring comedy from trauma and depression, but also unwilling to really consider either."

by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2020 2:45 AM

The movie was 30 minutes too long. Wasn't that great.

by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2020 2:46 AM

The original title was "Tardface".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2020 3:47 AM

R53 = jealous SNL writer.

by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2020 4:46 AM

word of mouth.....flop a roonie

by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2020 5:31 AM

His best performance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2020 5:37 AM

I can think of better ways to waste my time.

His tats are fucking disgusting...not fit for my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 57June 13, 2020 7:16 AM

[quote] The movie was 30 minutes too long. Wasn't that great.

I came here to post the same thing. The movie needed to be 30 mins shorter, but even then it was pretty meh.

Glad I didn’t pay to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 58June 13, 2020 7:26 AM

R58 here.

I want to add, the reason I kept watching the movie was because the scenes of the town the film was shot in were very pretty. I’m assuming they filmed in Staten Island.

by Anonymousreply 59June 13, 2020 7:31 AM

(R9) Meth.

by Anonymousreply 60June 13, 2020 8:16 AM

I ain't paying $20 to see nothing without a microphone in front of it. FOH

by Anonymousreply 61June 13, 2020 9:54 AM

I don’t know why you queens are caterwauling about it costing twenty dollars to rent. If it was released in theaters as it was originally planned, it would’ve been 15 dollars a pop. For twenty bucks you have can watch it in the privacy of your own home, reasonably priced snacks, and with as many friends as you want.

But having said that, LMAO I wouldn’t pay twenty bucks to see this piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 62June 13, 2020 10:05 AM

Anyone know what brand of eyeshadow he uses?

by Anonymousreply 63June 13, 2020 10:06 AM

R62 Who gives a FUCK about the difference between theater price and watching on-demand? ESPECIALLY, when it will be 5.99 in a month.

Fuck your caterwauling.

by Anonymousreply 64June 13, 2020 10:11 AM

Some poor bastard is on suicide watch this weekend since the critics aren’t treating delicate Petey with the same kid gloves as the Hollywood community.

by Anonymousreply 65June 13, 2020 10:22 AM

I lived in NY 10 years including 6 months on Staten Island. This film is what its meant to be. The characters are OK and the performances a bit better than the characters. Sometimes much better. The direction and writing aren't so tight but Apatow knew and filmed it anyway. I enjoyed it maybe because I didn't have to pay close attention, watching at home and it was free. It might suck in a movie theatre.

by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2020 11:30 AM

The film is sentimental and boring garbage. Next.

by Anonymousreply 67June 13, 2020 12:19 PM

Weird that a movie based on a kind of extraordinary life — losing your father on 9-11 and then being on SNL — would turn that story into something so ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 68June 13, 2020 12:22 PM

"Losing your father on 9/11" is the American version of "never getting over having to walk behind Diana's coffin." I don't understand why people indulge this idiot.

by Anonymousreply 69June 13, 2020 12:26 PM

As a Brit where we don't get SNL, I had no idea who Davidson was so didn't have any preconceptions. I found the film delightful, if too long.

It has a heart to it that's often difficult to successfully combine with adult comedy. Marisa Tomei was phenomenal and will get awards for this.

by Anonymousreply 70June 13, 2020 12:36 PM

[quote] As a Brit where we don't get SNL, I had no idea who Davidson was so didn't have any preconceptions. I found the film delightful

Thank you for your unbiased input, R70.

Certain people on Datalounge have a clear agenda of unfounded hatred towards Pete Davidson, which really strikes me as bizarre.

He's a guy in his mid-20's, has achieved a decent level of success, and he hasn't hurt anyone.

Yet his bashers never hesitate to bore us over and over again, with how "ugly" he is, and how everything he does completely sucks.

If anything, it says much more about these pathetic losers, than it does about Pete.

It's nothing but jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2020 12:43 PM

He’s a talentless hack like Adam Sandler.

by Anonymousreply 72June 13, 2020 12:45 PM

It's kind of a mess that never got the tone right. So many jokes fell flat.

And I thought he actually admitted that his dick is average?

by Anonymousreply 73June 13, 2020 12:53 PM

R72 no one living is as talentless as Adam Sandler although Chris Farley made Sandler look like Richard Burton.

by Anonymousreply 74June 13, 2020 1:01 PM

i like it. Great performances from everyone especially Marisa (still very pretty) and Pete, surprisingly. I didnt find it too long cause I took a break watching it. lol. But i found it entertaining and heart-warming.

by Anonymousreply 75June 13, 2020 2:20 PM

I wonder if Pete got into Marisa's eyeshadow.

by Anonymousreply 76June 13, 2020 2:24 PM

His hair and eyebrows change color in every photo.

by Anonymousreply 77June 13, 2020 2:25 PM

I thought Bel Powley was also very good. As a Brit, I have an ear for the slightest error when British actors attempt an American accent but thought hers was flawless. Admittedly I'm no expert on the Staten Island accent so fully expect to be taken down for this, but didn't pick up on any differences between her and the rest of the cast.

I also got the feeling it was a cast who really enjoyed their time together. A proper ensemble cast and going by what they've posted on twitter, it seems like it was a very happy set, despite the subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 78June 13, 2020 2:35 PM

I'm sorry but Adam Sandler is funny. Pete wishes had an ounce of Adam's talent. Adam had a few fun flicks. Adam isn't good looking but there is a sweetness to his looks. Pete has these ugly bug eyes and not to mention nasty tats....he isn't in Adam's league.

by Anonymousreply 79June 13, 2020 4:07 PM

I liked it too. Yes, it's long, but it held my attention. You can get up and walk around while watching it at home. The acting is top-notch. I can see Marisa Tomei and Bill Burr getting Oscar noms for this.

The movie has a great atmosphere and sense of place. It just makes you feel all warm inside and I'm a sucker for movies like that.

by Anonymousreply 80June 13, 2020 6:46 PM

At some point post- Knocked Up, Judd Apatow decided that he was going to make ~serious movies and each one has been (a) too long and (b) entirely mediocre. He needs to stay in his lane and make movies for frat boys and gaming nerds.

by Anonymousreply 81June 13, 2020 8:08 PM

I want to see this & “The High Note” - But I’ll wait until the price comes down because right now both of them are 20 bucks each on Xfinity.

by Anonymousreply 82June 13, 2020 8:16 PM

[quote] I liked it too. Yes, it's long, but it held my attention. You can get up and walk around while watching it at home. The acting is top-notch. I can see Marisa Tomei and Bill Burr getting Oscar noms for this.

How about a Best Picture nomination?

I think if it was released later in the year, it might have stood a chance, but the Oscar noms are still seven or eight months away.

They should have released this movie around September 11.

by Anonymousreply 83June 13, 2020 9:08 PM

R83, Lynn Stairmaster, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 84June 13, 2020 9:30 PM

This will get zero Oscar nominations.

by Anonymousreply 85June 13, 2020 9:33 PM

Poor R85 is going to have a nervous breakdown next February, when the movie earns its Golden Globe and Oscar nominations.

by Anonymousreply 86June 13, 2020 9:38 PM

Well, the reviews aren't particularly good. Usually when that happens, it has to have big box office.

by Anonymousreply 87June 13, 2020 9:40 PM

We are all Staten Island now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 13, 2020 9:42 PM

He’s not a good actor and he’s not very funny. This movie only proves that point. You’re better off skipping this one.

by Anonymousreply 89June 13, 2020 10:13 PM

What is Ariana Grande's greatest crime: making Pete famous or making Frankie famous?

by Anonymousreply 90June 13, 2020 10:27 PM

Hollywood please stop trying to make Pete Davidson happen. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 91June 13, 2020 10:30 PM

I see the bitter writers from SNL have joined us at R89, R90, and R91.

Suck it up, buttercups.

Pete is more famous and successful than any of you hacks will ever be. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 92June 13, 2020 10:34 PM

R92 he's famous for who he's stuck his dick into. I'm bored of his romantic dramas and his daddy issues. He's a 2 trick pony.

by Anonymousreply 93June 13, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote]What is Ariana Grande's greatest crime

Licking donuts. Gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 13, 2020 10:42 PM

i dont think its a BP contender but should be shoo in acting, most probably Marisa. Imho , the whole cast is worthy of nominations .

by Anonymousreply 95June 13, 2020 10:59 PM

It has a 90% audience rating on rotten tomatoes, which is excellent.

Pamela Adlon has a good shot at a nomination.

by Anonymousreply 96June 13, 2020 11:09 PM

Pete definitely has made a career out of very little. But it's show business and he was not the first to do so and will not be the last.

by Anonymousreply 97June 13, 2020 11:33 PM

What's Staten Island like? It looks like it has a lot of parks. Does it have any culture. is it really Guido and racist? Good restaurants?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 13, 2020 11:34 PM

Pete Davidson won't even be a footnote in two years. Totally forgotten and probably in rehab or dead in a ditch.

by Anonymousreply 99June 14, 2020 1:40 AM

R98 this sums it up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 14, 2020 2:07 AM

Staten Island is like a mix of Jersey and Brooklyn/Queens but there's more space for everything. It can be a bit nice (in a vulgar way) but it's mostly pretty tattered - so more like tattered old Brooklyn, before it got hip. We're talking outer Brooklyn, by the way. It's got an ugly shoreline, worse than Jersey which starts to get nice not so far from NY.

by Anonymousreply 101June 14, 2020 2:52 AM

Who the fuck would pay $20 bucks for this when I just downloaded if for free in 3 minutes?

I will watch and give my thoughts. A little background on me - Not an SNL watcher since the 90s and barely know who Pete Davidson is beyond his tabloid headlines with Grande.

I don't love nor hate Davidson. Like Marisa Tomei, enjoyed Buscemi in Parting Glances, Reservoir Dogs, and Fargo(those are the only two that come to mind that I've seen). Judd Apatow has been hit and miss with me.

So I am sure DL can't wait for my unbiased opinion. (yeah right)

by Anonymousreply 102June 14, 2020 3:43 AM

Like Jesus Crist and the Terminator, R102 will be back!

by Anonymousreply 103June 14, 2020 4:23 AM

Remember when Pete used to take Ariana to Staten Island for date night?

The 25-year-old singer and 24-year-old Saturday Night Live star took turns documenting their adventures in Davidson’s native New York borough on Saturday, July 7, and into the early morning hours of Sunday.

In the comedian’s first Instagram Story of the night, Grande is holding up a glass of red wine ready to cheers with others around a dinner table. “Date night with my angel,” he captioned the pic along with their often-used lightning bolt emoji.

But the fun didn’t end there. Grande made sure to snap a pic of their nighttime indulgence — a massive dessert. “Tonight was the most fun i’ve ever had @petedavidson,” she penned along with a location stamp that read “Staten Island, New York.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 14, 2020 6:02 AM

R99 He turns 27 this year, actually...

by Anonymousreply 105June 14, 2020 6:09 AM

R104 Thanks for making this uggo famous, ponytail

by Anonymousreply 106June 14, 2020 7:02 AM

The editing was choppy at times and other times the movie seemed forced.

by Anonymousreply 107June 14, 2020 8:23 AM

How is Bill Burr? I’m a big fan of his comedy.

by Anonymousreply 108June 14, 2020 8:49 AM

Bill Burr is very good in this. Everyone is. Out of these 100+ replies only a handful of people have actually seen this film.

by Anonymousreply 109June 14, 2020 9:35 AM

R99, you sound like a lovely person. As lovely as Donald Trump.

R109, isn't that strange? All of these people passing judgment on Pete and the movie, and yet most have never seen it. They're just haters, who can't be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 110June 14, 2020 9:40 AM

I had seen it when I posted at R11. I downloaded it before it was available on Netflix, and I didn't think it was great. I wouldn't have watched it in Normal Times, because I don't find coming of age/growing up 20 somethings compelling.

I am still as neutral on Pete as I was before, but I did say he could play the great Buscemi's son.

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2020 9:47 AM

waiting for the neck and face tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 112June 14, 2020 10:21 AM

DL just salty because he's this popular and will be this generation's big movie star. Guys like him for his charisma and because he's funny and chicks want him for his fat dick all while not looking like a ken doll. Jealousy is hard to hide.

by Anonymousreply 113June 14, 2020 10:30 AM

[quote]he's this popular and will be this generation's big movie star

I don't think anyone believes that for a second. This reminds me of Eminem getting good reviews for 8 Mile but not exactly lighting Hollywood on fire afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 114June 14, 2020 10:33 AM

Either borderline Pete is reading this thread or the Universal PR machine is out. Either way, someone has something at stake in defending him so vigorously.

by Anonymousreply 115June 14, 2020 11:09 AM

Right, we here at DL are such huge influencers among the teens and 20-something/Millennial crowd. They turn to to us for cultural guidance.

by Anonymousreply 116June 14, 2020 11:35 AM

saw it....piece of crap

by Anonymousreply 117June 14, 2020 12:13 PM

It was like a Lifetime movie.....disappointing big time.

by Anonymousreply 118June 14, 2020 12:14 PM

Still zero evidence of his supposed big dick. Not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 119June 14, 2020 12:17 PM

thank u, next.

by Anonymousreply 120June 14, 2020 12:46 PM

BBC reviewer liked it. Had good things to say about Pete and his British co-star. Was keen to see it but based on comments up thread now unsure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 14, 2020 1:22 PM

Can’t stand Pete Davidson. He looks like he smells bad while being totally untalented.

by Anonymousreply 122June 14, 2020 2:07 PM

Good thing you didn't formulate your opinion on anything factual, R122.

by Anonymousreply 123June 14, 2020 2:19 PM

Watched it.

Dull.

Watching Pete be a different version of Pete is, well, boring.

by Anonymousreply 124June 14, 2020 3:57 PM

Who the fuck is the stupid cunt on this thread who keeps rabidly defending Pete and calling his detractors "jealous" and "haters"? Are you in fucking junior high?

It has to be Pete's mom, because nobody else would ever give this much of a shit.

by Anonymousreply 125June 15, 2020 12:29 AM

Some delusional fool who thinks this dreck will win awards. Pitiable.

by Anonymousreply 126June 15, 2020 1:55 AM

Funny, apatow is his big fan/groupie.....sad

by Anonymousreply 127June 15, 2020 11:05 AM

Anyone know why the studio cancelled it's release last Friday? I was reading about drive-ins had scheduled the movie and got yanked at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 128June 15, 2020 11:36 AM

I just watched Big Time Adolescence and it was pretty good. I thought Davidson was okay, probably pretty true to life, he is pretty fug, the tats and he really looks sick. He needs to go to rehab. I didn't realize how tall he was either because I never watch SNL and only know him from DL.

by Anonymousreply 129June 15, 2020 12:01 PM

His gimmick as a druggie smart ass wears on my nerves after ten minutes...

by Anonymousreply 130June 15, 2020 12:47 PM

Saw it last night. I liked it. All the performances were great. I especially fell in love with the gf. Adorable personality. It was nice to see a young, female character from NY NOT be portrayed as the stereotypical hard assed bitch. And the actress is a Brit who nailed the SI accent. Not an easy feat.

Tomei, Burr, Buscemi ....all great as well. The minor character of Tomai's sister was good too.

Cons: Davidson is really hard to look at. He has a face only a mother could love. And the tats are tragic. I really don't get why women throw themselves at him. It's a complete mystery. [Before anyone comes back with another "big dick" comment--women don't care about that].

ITA with R114.

by Anonymousreply 131June 15, 2020 4:00 PM

I feel bad for him because he actually says he doesn't even look in the mirror because even he is put off by his looks

by Anonymousreply 132June 15, 2020 4:03 PM

^Well, he certainly isn't trying to improve upon them. And there are many things he could do. Work out, get those HUGE choppers filed down. Get rid of the tattoos. Get a tan.

by Anonymousreply 133June 15, 2020 4:06 PM

Saw it. Not horrible, but truly forgettable. Davidson is pretty one note... Marisa Tomei had her moments. I read a review that pretty much nailed it - said Davidson's character should have be a "secondary character", a second banana to someone more interesting. The girlfriend should have been the central story....

And I paid $20 to watch this movie of the week at home. America, 2020.

by Anonymousreply 134June 15, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote]I really don't get why women throw themselves at him.

A lot of women go for the vulnerable lost broken ones, thinking their love can fix him, or some shit.

And although it's true women don't care about dick size as much as gay men, a big dick helps.

by Anonymousreply 135June 15, 2020 10:08 PM

[quote] I feel bad for him because he actually says he doesn't even look in the mirror because even he is put off by his looks

That's sad, because I actually find him quite attractive.

But I'm partial to guys with unique looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 15, 2020 10:14 PM

[Bold] WHERE ARE HIS PENIS PHOTOS? WHERE???? LINK PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 137June 15, 2020 10:15 PM

Ricky Velez is cute. (pic)

Blink and you'll miss the uncredited Machine Gun Kelly. I would blow Machine Gun Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 15, 2020 11:16 PM

I watched it last night, and afterwards I called the Schmaltz Police.

by Anonymousreply 139June 16, 2020 3:15 AM

Tomei needs to win an award for best acting with an untalented actor.

by Anonymousreply 140June 16, 2020 4:38 AM

NYT didn't particularly care for it. According to them, it's rather bloated, with vastly overdrawn scenes following one another.

by Anonymousreply 141June 16, 2020 4:48 AM

Tomei must be desperate for a paycheck...Oscar winner to this...

by Anonymousreply 142June 16, 2020 5:18 AM

Not even a penis BULGE.

Is Pete some freaky F2M who hides a dildo well?

by Anonymousreply 143June 16, 2020 6:45 AM

[quote] Oscar winner to this...

Oscar winner to Oscar winner.

Jealous bitch.

by Anonymousreply 144June 16, 2020 6:49 AM

liked him on SNL, but how long can he play the stoner fug? saw it today, jus more of the same....poor me, hey im stoned, gosh my dad died, woe is moi…..pass

why is Apatow pushin him down our throats again?

by Anonymousreply 145June 16, 2020 7:40 AM

I find him painful to watch, like he needs a shrink and anti depressants bad, and maybe to ditch drug fug Machine gun Kelly as a buddy.

by Anonymousreply 146June 16, 2020 7:43 AM

[quote]I feel bad for him because he actually says he doesn't even look in the mirror because even he is put off by his looks

Yet the public isn’t put off in anyway by his looks, like him on their screens and are about to make him a big star and tons of money. Meanwhile, pretty boy models can’t get acting gigs because real women aren’t really attracted to that.

by Anonymousreply 147June 16, 2020 3:39 PM

All true, R147.

Unfortunately, low self-esteem isn't something you can just wish away. No matter how rich or successful you become.

It's all inside your head.

by Anonymousreply 148June 16, 2020 3:42 PM

his face is not bad but his body is odd and has all kind of awkwardness

by Anonymousreply 149June 16, 2020 3:55 PM

He has poor posture. He would be sexier if he worked just on that.

by Anonymousreply 150June 16, 2020 4:10 PM

No, he’s just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 151June 16, 2020 4:12 PM

no amount of plastic surgery can make him look good.

by Anonymousreply 152June 16, 2020 4:23 PM

He and Judd are getting shit on Twitter for charging $20 to stream this movie.

by Anonymousreply 153June 16, 2020 5:22 PM

Hey, eyeshadow ain't cheap!

by Anonymousreply 154June 16, 2020 6:53 PM

Colin Jost and Pete Davidson to Star in Wedding Comedy ‘Worst Man’ for Universal

After years of working together on “Saturday Night Live,” Colin Jost and Pete Davidson are taking their comedy antics to the big screen.

Sources tell Variety, the two “SNL” stars are set to headline the wedding comedy “Worst Man” for Universal Pictures. The idea is based on an original idea pitched by Jost, Matthew Bass and Theodore Bressman.

The wedding comedy follows a soon-to-be-married couple and the family dramatics that ensue just weeks before the wedding. Universal’s senior executive vice president of production Erik Baiers will oversee the project on behalf of the studio, and “Saturday Night Live” producer Lorne Michaels will produce the film.

The project is still in development as sources say the studio will now try to find a director for the film, which marks one of the first big projects for the two “SNL” talents as they ponder their future on the show. Davidson and Jost have a longstanding relationship on “Saturday Night Live” and their chemistry has been in full effect when Davidson commonly comes on Weekend Update to riff with Jost and Michael Che.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 18, 2020 1:48 AM

I assume Colin is playing the groom and Pete is the messed up cousin/college roommate?

by Anonymousreply 156June 18, 2020 2:43 AM

Colin is the groom. Pete is his drug dealer and also Colin has been giving Pete "brojobs" for years. Pete is openly bi but Colin is closeted and actually gay, not bi. He's marrying because something something reasonably compelling. The joke is that "the worst man" ends up fixing lots of upstanding types who are actually two-faced hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 157June 18, 2020 2:53 AM

All the rich fucks in Staten Island are doing major inside and outside work on their homes, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth at least for each home. The SI people are definitely not hurting. The women's biggest worry is when they can get their nails done.

by Anonymousreply 158June 18, 2020 2:58 AM

The movie sounds so original...not.

by Anonymousreply 159June 18, 2020 3:02 AM

Be curious to see how good of an actor Davidson is when he’s not playing himself in his life story.

by Anonymousreply 160June 18, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote] but for its nod to firefighters--NYC's truly "finest."

I thought cops were called NYC's Finest, and firefighters were called NYC's Bravest.

by Anonymousreply 161June 18, 2020 3:46 AM

I bet the other SNL cast members are furious that Pete is getting all these big movie roles while their careers are going nowhere. Even Colin had to hitch his star to Pete to get cast in a big movie.

by Anonymousreply 162June 18, 2020 4:33 AM

R162, it is amazing that he’s the one getting movies. He must have dirt on someone or a relative at a studio. Maybe he’s fucking David Geffen?

by Anonymousreply 163June 18, 2020 5:01 AM

Yikes, look how sallow he is in the pic at R155. Drugs. When people get sober that deathly parlor goes away and they begin to look healthy again. It's one of the first things you notice (plus weight gain).

by Anonymousreply 164June 18, 2020 6:30 AM

R164, That's an old photo. He's sobered up and looks much better now.

by Anonymousreply 165June 18, 2020 6:34 AM

He needs to lay off the eyeshadow.

by Anonymousreply 166June 18, 2020 6:45 AM

Jost is fun cute and amazing.....flabbergasted they chose sick looking ugly assed Davidson for his co star.....weird.

with staten island flopping, maybe they will replace Davidson.

by Anonymousreply 167June 18, 2020 6:45 AM

Movie is a piece of shit, how did they put out such garbage? He is johnny one note with his dumb stoner act..

by Anonymousreply 168June 18, 2020 3:41 PM

I'm glad I avoided this thread until I saw it for myself. This is a movie for introverts and the mentally ill.

I loved it! I laughed a hundred times. Marisa Tomei was so good, I didn't even recognize her. Bill Burr's comedy annoys me, but he was great in this.

Agree 30 min too long, schmaltzy, but not entirely cliche. Has pathos. Watch one of his stand-up specials, it's like that. For a loser, he's quite accomplished. Saw a glimpse of a late nite show recently, he looked like he was sober but on meds, as he probably should be.

by Anonymousreply 169June 29, 2020 12:15 AM

Its now a bonafide flop.....poor rentals

by Anonymousreply 170June 30, 2020 6:49 PM

All the newest movies that were suppose to be in theaters are $20 to rent. If you wait a month they go down to $6. I’ll wait for sure.

by Anonymousreply 171June 30, 2020 6:57 PM

For all the hype, it got pretty mediocre reviews.

But not as bad as Jon Stewart's new movie, which was slammed by the critics.

by Anonymousreply 172June 30, 2020 6:59 PM

I hate this smug entitled prick so much. Can't wait for him to overdose like Ariana's other hubby.

by Anonymousreply 173June 30, 2020 7:01 PM

Maude Apatow also stars. And nepotism had nothing to do with her casting! She's a world-class talent in her own right, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 174June 30, 2020 7:02 PM

R174 Just like Kate Mara, I feel like Maude is actually a very skilled and capable actress despite the fact that her career is clearly built on nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 175June 30, 2020 7:04 PM

R175 agreed. I think she's very good, but she needs to get the fuck away from Daddy professionally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 30, 2020 7:05 PM

We only need 424 more volunteers to reply to this fucking insipid thread to close it. WTF more is there to be said about nothing? Here, I'll start.

by Anonymousreply 177June 30, 2020 7:11 PM

R93

[quote] he's famous for who he's stuck his dick into.

Who did he stick his dick into?

by Anonymousreply 178June 30, 2020 7:19 PM

R178 Ariana Grande

by Anonymousreply 179June 30, 2020 7:22 PM

R179,

Uh.....

by Anonymousreply 180June 30, 2020 7:28 PM

Him fucking her was the first time I ever heard his name. First Frankie, now Pete. What's your next Plague by Association, Ariana???

by Anonymousreply 181June 30, 2020 7:31 PM

Pauline Chalamet, Timohtee Chalamet's sister has a small part in it.

So, this is how things work, I see...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 30, 2020 7:31 PM

R181, wasn't he dating Kate Beckinsale?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 30, 2020 7:38 PM

Pete changes ladyfriends about as often as his underwear. I assume they get tired of his bullshit. There's been about 5 or 6 girlfriends since Ariana, who put him on the map.

by Anonymousreply 184June 30, 2020 7:41 PM

R184 I doubt Pete ever changes his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 185June 30, 2020 7:43 PM

It's a big hit! Now Pete and Colin Jost will star in a new comedy together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 30, 2020 8:01 PM

Poor Maude Apatow. Imagine going from making out with David Corenswet on 'Hollywood' to having to share screen time with that overgrown gremlin.

by Anonymousreply 187June 30, 2020 8:09 PM

I've seen better emoting from a plank of wood than I have from Maude Apatow. Not sure whose idea those Jergen's commercials were. Does Leslie Mann need the money? Does Judd keep her on an allowance?

by Anonymousreply 188June 30, 2020 8:50 PM

worst movie ive seen in 5 years.....

by Anonymousreply 189July 2, 2020 4:01 PM

Why iis apatow so taken with this creepy druggie????

by Anonymousreply 190July 2, 2020 6:47 PM

I WANT MY $$ BACK !!!!

by Anonymousreply 191July 3, 2020 1:49 PM

Judd Apatow actually named his daughter "Maude"? Does she have sisters named Gertrude, Agatha, and Hortense?

by Anonymousreply 192July 4, 2020 9:37 PM

The sister is named Iris.

by Anonymousreply 193July 5, 2020 1:28 AM

It was corny.

by Anonymousreply 194August 11, 2020 2:58 AM

How much money did this film lose? No one I knew watched it.

by Anonymousreply 195August 21, 2020 2:59 AM

Soon to be Oscar winner Pete Davidson!!

by Anonymousreply 196January 31, 2021 3:11 AM

Oh shit, I meant to watch this, but then I remembered I'd rather be dead with a broken back than see any flick starring this druggy unfunny drongo.

by Anonymousreply 197January 31, 2021 3:24 AM

Can you imagine if Pete Davidson gets an Oscar before Glenn Close?

Bwahahahaha!!!!

by Anonymousreply 198January 31, 2021 2:40 PM

I liked it. It’s not earth shattering good, but entertaining enough.

Marisa Tome was good as the mom

by Anonymousreply 199January 31, 2021 2:47 PM

I love the guy. His smile, all of it. I hope the movie does well, so he can get away from SNL. They treat him like shit, right on the air. He connects with the audience while the rest of the actors do not. They try, but I can see them working, sweating. Go Pete!

by Anonymousreply 200January 31, 2021 3:07 PM

[quote] How much money did this film lose? No one I knew watched it.

Not as much as Palm Springs, which was bought at Sundance for $22.5m and got stuck premiering on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 201January 31, 2021 3:11 PM

Agree with you completely, R200.

Pete is a classic underdog, so I'm rooting for him.

When will the Oscar noms be announced?

by Anonymousreply 202January 31, 2021 3:14 PM

Pete hasn't figured into any pre-Oscar awards or awards talk. It's not happening for him.

by Anonymousreply 203January 31, 2021 3:15 PM

BULL, R203.

He's going to win, you hateful beast!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 31, 2021 3:55 PM

Say it with me... "Best Actor Oscar Winner Pete Davidson..."

It's happening.

by Anonymousreply 205January 31, 2021 6:47 PM

I'm so happy for Pete's success.

Every time Pete receives an accolade, the SNL cast must FUME!

by Anonymousreply 206January 31, 2021 11:05 PM

Pete's going to get nominated for an Academy Award, and so is the movie!

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 207March 15, 2021 3:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!