Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Last Days of Bill de Blasio's Tenure as Mayor

I'm starting this thread with this Yashar tweet because he's absolutely right. Not a single politician in this country is more reviled on all sides of the spectrum and so unanimously as Bill de Blasio. He has failed time and time again and people in New York City are absolutely fed up with him. This past week alone, his staff walked off the job to protest him, his police commissioner and chief of department nearly quit, a senior advisor resigned, thousands have gathered outside in front of Gracie Mansion calling for him to resign for days on end and his administration is crumbling before our very eyes. It's only a matter of time before he's shown the door. The question is when? Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415September 25, 2020 4:56 PM

The worst mayor of NYC ever and a total buffoon. He and his ugly wife are thieves. She stole $800 million from NYC and he covered it up.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2020 10:50 PM

His tenant-representative appointees have tipped the scale on the Rent Guidelines Board for having rent stabilized apartments either frozen in 2 instances and/or having the lowest increases in years, against the wishes of landlords. So that's a plus for him. Otherwise, he seems confused and kind of wishy-washy in his views.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2020 10:51 PM

I don't want to go on a spamming spree, but just look at these crowds. People are pissed and rightfully so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2020 10:53 PM

[quote]Not a single politician in this country is more reviled on all sides of the spectrum and so unanimously as Bill de Blasio.

OP, let me introduce you to Donald John Trump. You might've heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2020 10:56 PM

R1: Once again, WRONG! Giuliani Reign of Terror. Stop minimizing it because you don't like his wife. Christ.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2020 10:56 PM

Now is grifter wife is running for Brooklyn borough president. I’m moving back to Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2020 10:56 PM

Fail Reform

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2020 10:59 PM

R4 Trump's base is still on board with him. What base does de Blasio have exactly? He's pissed off the black community and activists to please the police who hate him no matter what he does. He has no allies. That's why he's so universally reviled.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2020 10:59 PM

Nobody I know likes him

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2020 11:01 PM

R4 Also get back to me when you have Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy openly defying Trump the way Jumaanee Williams and Corey Johnson have been openly defying de Blasio these past two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2020 11:01 PM

Not a New Yorker... how did it come to this? They re-elected him... I assumed he was middling but not capable of inspiring revolution.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2020 11:03 PM

R6: Oh honey, we all know you are posting from Staten Island and you ain't going anywhere.

R11: He got his second term is all. The election was in 2017. A 1000 years ago politically. But he's a lame duck, he is term limited out and can't run next November. So all these people screaming about him and the psychotic who's obsessed with this wife just need to wait a year and a half and he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2020 11:06 PM

R10 If Bill was black, they'd be singing a different tune. They obviously don't like white people purely on principle. Bill has some faults, but they're literally extremists.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2020 11:06 PM

Just for some perspective, his own staffers, over 600 of them, signed an open letter saying their boss, de Blasio, is "on the brink of losing all legitimacy in the eyes of New Yorkers." For Christ's sake, if you had that many of Trump's staffers signing their names on a document like that, instead of writing cowardly anonymous op-ed's in New York Times, the calls for his resignation would be blaring all over the airwaves. The only person who doesn't see the writing on the wall here is de Blasio. Hence, why I started this thread. It's only a matter of time now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2020 11:06 PM

He was mostly-ok for most of the time he was here, despite the fact that ran on reforming the NYPD and was immediately shut down by the police union, inspiring their relentless hatred (really, the union sent protestors to follow him around when he ran for president). But then corona hit and he made every bad decision he could.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2020 11:07 PM

Could you imagine if Trump's own staffers walked out of the White House to protest him? The news media would go insane, as they would be right to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2020 11:08 PM

R11, he was an incumbent and the Republicans had abysmal candidates. I would have voted Republican for the first time in my life, but Big Bird was the best option.

After his fuckery with the cunt Carranza, I WISH I’d voted for Malliotakis.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2020 11:08 PM

I mean for Christ's sake, de Blasio's own daughter was doxxed by the head of the Sergeant's union and he's not even demanding a criminal investigation. This, after Mullins tweeted out that he was "declaring war on" the mayor in February. You know that if a union member said that about Trump, the FBI would be at their door the next day. De Blasio is allowing them to completely hold our city hostage and has endangered not only peaceful protestors lives, he's endangering his own daughter's life. This is not someone capable of reigning in their abuses. He has to go now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2020 11:13 PM

If he resigns who automatically steps in to the jib? What is the succession in NYC? For instance, if he got sick and died.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2020 11:16 PM

Jumaane Williams would take over, hence why he's been plastering his face all over the TV cameras the past week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2020 11:17 PM

He is not OK, he is utter shit! Homeless problem has never been so bad...

He claims to be "transparent" but NY1 had to sue to get the info on his meetings etc esp with real estate developers. I forgot what the issue was...lots of shady shit going on...

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2020 11:22 PM

R21 If it wasn't for our corrupt Supreme Court, he'd be rotting away in prison right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2020 11:23 PM

Hating DeB is a parlor game now, a way for people who secretly like Trump to virtue-signal. I would certainly never vote for him again, should he try to pull a stunt like King Bloomberg did. But he's had good housing initiatives and as R2 said, he's had good results with his reps to the RGB. He was brave to oppose the police power early on, now he seems like he's trying to satisfy everyone and so is satisfying no-one. His staffers are walking out because he's too cop-friendly, others bash him for being too soft-on-protesters. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2020 11:28 PM

R20 So he's trying to oust deBlasio now because he doesn't want to run a campaign for mayor fair and square? Sounds like Critical Race Theory to me.

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2020 11:28 PM

Who hates white people/Asians more; Jumaane, Corey or Big Bird?

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2020 11:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2020 11:38 PM

Is Andrew Yang gonna run? We need him.

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2020 11:45 PM

He is a lame duck with a year and a half to go. He's a doofus but saner than Jumaane. Cory is a flake. A sane Republican could actually win if the city goes bankrupt again. Yang is an interesting possibility.

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2020 11:48 PM

Next week the Rent Guideline Board meets for final vote on rent hikes. Preliminary vote, which had lots of folks taking in account covid-19, and usually similar to final vote, has a rent freeze for 1-year lease and 2-year lease has rent for year 1 and only a 1% increase for 2nd year. If this passes, De Blasio can say his appointees helped get this through and change the subject. He's only got 1 1/2 to go and is term limited. Jumaane can run next year.

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2020 12:09 AM

that is, 2-year lease has rent freeze for the first year and then only 1% for the second year of it. Very small in comparison to what landlords wanted.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2020 12:10 AM

There is no “question of when,” OP. It’s November. DeBlasio has served two consecutive terms as mayor. He does not have the money to bribe the City Council like Bloomberg did for a third term. Term limits are up for him. He’s leaving in November.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2020 12:19 AM

R25: None of the above. The correct answer is Barack and Michelle Obama.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2020 12:47 AM

Yang needs to run and win. Because Jumaane and Williams are like “You think DeBlasio ruined the city? Hold my beer!”

I’ll vote for Catsimitidis before I’ll vote for one of those two clowns.

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2020 2:39 AM

R32, I meant which Dem candidate for Mayor of NYC. But I don’t think you’re wrong.

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2020 2:41 AM

It was such a bad joke when de Blasio ran for the Democratic nominee President. If nothing else he's got very stupid nerve. I wouldn't trust him to clean out my cat litter box. He's an extremely incompetent Far Left Lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2020 3:00 AM

He's done better than Trump

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2020 3:02 AM

I'm here for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2020 3:07 AM

Yashar Ali is a shit-stirring Drama Queen. I'd not get too concerned over his predictions.

by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2020 3:10 AM

R36 A blind, ancient chimpanzee could do better that Trump. What you said is NOT a compliment. de Blasio and Trump are both shysters of the worst degree.

by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2020 3:18 AM

It’s odd to me that after years of basic incompetency, there is a sudden demand for him to resign. Weird. He is no worse than he has always been - and he hasn’t done something so horrific in the past week that would cause this. Honestly, I’m beginning to think that cancel culture is just a political form of ADD caused by internet surfing - people just want to move on to the next thing.

by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2020 3:26 AM

R40

People are more pissed off about everything right now. My mayor handled our protests and riots with relatively low incompetence, and the woke are lined up demanding her resignation. There's no new reason to do that (they haven't liked her since before she took office); I think it's mostly an expression of the rage that's taken hold nationwide over the past two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2020 3:30 AM

But he’s on his second term? How did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2020 3:48 AM

Another news outlet calls for de Blasio to resign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2020 3:35 PM

This is on top of the previous outlets and staffers that have already called for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2020 3:35 PM

Seriously, this man should be in jail. Resignation is the least he could do at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2020 4:14 PM

is he still banning plastic bags?

by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2020 11:30 PM

So, it appears that de Blasio will be facing a vote of no confidence next week and that it has the votes to pass. Still confident that he stays on before his term is up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2020 1:36 PM

Corey will be our new Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2020 2:13 PM

OMG r47.

They’re cling for Big Bird!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA.

I only really care because he’s trying AGAIN to install his unqualified wife. Get them outta here.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2020 2:33 PM

Then NYC can move on to the next Mayor they hate.

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2020 2:33 PM

I mean, he can't even get his police force to wear masks in the middle of a pandemic. He has no ability to lead. His continued refusal to resign is endangering the lives of New Yorkers. He needs to go now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2020 3:25 PM

LOL De Blasio angered the black community today with this statement. Most racist thing he's said since his CP Time "joke" at a Hillary Clinton fundraiser.

[Quote] .@NYCMayor says his critics, including former allies like @JumaaneWilliams and @DRichards13, don't "really understand the reality of New York City."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 12, 2020 4:45 PM

Throwback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 12, 2020 4:46 PM

De Blasio seriously declares himself to be nation’s greatest mayor ever

“This is the strongest mayoralty in the country, in every sense, and the strongest city in the country, in every sense, and we can persevere through all sorts of challenges and we will. So I’m quite confident in what we can do in the next year and a half,” the term-limited mayor boasted at his daily City Hall press briefing.

And he said anyone who doubts that doesn’t have a firm grasp on reality.

“I think anyone who questions the ability of this city government to do what we’re here to do — and my ability as mayor to use all the tools of city government even in a time of crisis — doesn’t really understand the reality of New York City,” de Blasio claimed.

The mayor was responding to a tsunami of criticism from former allies — including two of the city’s most prominent black politicians, Public Advocate Jumaane Williams and Councilman Donovan Richards — over his handling of protests in the wake of the Minneapolis police-custody killing of George Floyd.

“It’s been a very difficult few weeks, a lot of passions, a lot of deep feeling, a lot of strong views. I don’t take any of it lightly,” de Blasio said of the criticism — before dismissing it.

“Check your privilege, Mr. Mayor,” wrote Richards (D-Queens), who is black, of the white de Blaiso.

He later added: “I was born and raised in Southeast Queens with multiple NYPD encounters. Including being stopped and frisked at 13 years old with guns drawn on me. Name your first NYPD experience @NYCMayor.”

“Is it time to remove this white man from office? #askingforafriend,” Councilman Carlos Menchaca (D-Brooklyn) tweeted.

Williams, a Brooklyn native who last week accused the mayor of hiding behind his black wife and children, Tweeted: “Oh, please do splain to us kind Mr. Mayor sir. For the record: I am city-wide elected official, after serving on the @NYCCouncilI was educated in the NYC Public School System, Pre-school to MastersAnd, BTW, I was born, raised and spent my entire life here….how about you?” Williams wrote.

De Blasio, a devoted Boston Red Sox fan, was born in Manhattan but raised in Massachusetts. He returned to New York to attend Columbia University.

De Blasio’s latest dismissal of criticism come just days after current and former de Blasio staffers marched from City Hall to Brooklyn’s Cadman Plaza — the scene of a bloody confrontation between cops and protestors last week — to upbraid the man many of them still call boss.

That march came days after a largely black crowd of mourners turned their backs on de Blasio as he spoke at a Cadman Plaza memorial for Floyd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 12, 2020 4:49 PM

He's really lost his damn mind. I hope the council approves the vote of no confidence. Let him try to spin his way out of that one.

by Anonymousreply 55June 12, 2020 8:47 PM

He has to be delusional. I totally don’t get how he thought he would run for President - absurd. He’s inept and incompetent. Not Trump toxic - just incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 56June 12, 2020 10:33 PM

LOL This was the Daily News cover on Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 15, 2020 1:23 AM

hopefully the resentment towards him won't lead to a repub winning the next election in NYC

are there any candidates who've already announced themselves on the Democratic side?

by Anonymousreply 58June 15, 2020 1:34 AM

He is term limited so as a lame duck,he can do whatever he wants. The attacks on him will have little effect- As he's also quite stubborn,

by Anonymousreply 59June 15, 2020 1:37 AM

Wish in one hand, shit in the other.

by Anonymousreply 60June 15, 2020 1:38 AM

Jumaane barely won the special election for Public Advocate (an office that really does nothing and should be eliminated), and will have his hands full holding onto it. That loon isn't going to run for mayor in 2021, not if he can hold onto pubic advocate office for one or two terms. Too many term limited out democrat city council members are eyeing a mayoral run next year including Johnson. Besides BLM movement or not just don't think NYC is again ready to elect another AA mayor. David Dinkins was the last and some still have neither forgotten nor forgave.

by Anonymousreply 61June 15, 2020 1:53 AM

LOLOLOL De Blasio might have the Rona!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 15, 2020 4:58 PM

Bitch won't get tested, just like Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 15, 2020 4:58 PM

He's been outside the last few days not wearing a mask. Surprise, surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 15, 2020 4:59 PM

he ran the first time on a good platform and carried through more or less. he's now a windsock, like h. clinton turned into, why she lost(won). . no third term, even from me, even if he wanted it, but we're in better shape than six years ago on those things he could control. yiz shut it.

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2020 2:55 AM

Seems like this was really the black guys fault. Everything appeared to be going fine until he went ballistic when he was about to be handcuffed. Then gets into a scuffle with police, points the taser at them and starts running away. Well, what did he think was going to happen, duh!

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2020 3:01 AM

R29

RGB in vote earlier this evening as expected froze rents. Not every one is happy (especially landlords), but the board forcefully and expressly defended itself against claims they are "puppets" of BdeB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2020 3:15 AM

i'm delighted with the result R67. I was watching.

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2020 3:17 AM

/OP, most of us don't live in NYC, and no one gives a shit what "Yashar" tweets.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2020 3:18 AM

[quote]RGB in vote earlier this evening as expected froze rents. Not every one is happy (especially landlords), but the board forcefully and expressly defended itself against claims they are "puppets" of BdeB.

I think this is the only choice they had. BdeB has frozen NYC and doesn't seem like he's moving towards opening it. Many people have lost their jobs and are on unemployment. They city really would have had a riot if they put rent increases on unemployed tenants.

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2020 3:36 AM

It really is a crazy mixed bag.....

People got UI and PUA which in some cases equaled more than $700 per week. Times four that right there is $2800, then there was the stimulus payment.

City has begun to open up, and is set to begin phase II on Monday which will bring nearly lock down to nearly an end with places opening up.

Can see your point, however it just seems like moving a problem from one set of people onto another. Big landlords who own decent or large portfoliios of properties can take years (we're up to three or four now in NYC) of no increases; but smaller owners are being hit hard.

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2020 3:50 AM

They're still not addressing the fact that they never cancelled rent for the millions of people out of work. The politicians were so upset that people rioted earlier in the month. Wait until the landlords start with the mass evictions they have planned. The lootings and burnings a few weeks ago will pale in comparison to what's coming down the pipleline.

Also, de Blasio still needs to resign. He was supposedly "negative" on the coronavirus test, but they said this less than 24 hours after he got tested. What a moron. I don't believe it for a second. No one has seen him publicly since Sunday, plus he has a certain mendacity about him that leaves any claim he makes to be taken with a grain of salt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2020 12:47 PM

R57 it’s amazing when the Daily News and Murdoch shitrag The Post actually agree on something.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2020 1:14 PM

R72

1. A legally valid lease is a private contract; neither federal, state or local government can cancel except under most extreme circumstances. Even then it would be difficult to side step takings clause of USC which would require whoever did the "taking" make LL whole.

2. AC signed into law yesterday a bill spending $100 million of federal funds for "rent relief".

3. Problem isn't covid-19 related job losses or whatever per se, but simple fact many inhabitants of NYC simply cannot afford to live here. Even in best of times large numbers pay over 30% (sometimes well over) of total monthly household income towards rent. That is not a sustainable option unless some one else or thing is going to pick up the slack.

NYS and NYC cannot have things both ways; tell property owners they are expected to pay their tax (and other) bills when due (next is first week of July for RE rates), then turn around and "cancel" their income by telling tenants they don't have to pay rent.

It can take well over a year to evict tenants in NYS, especially NYC. There are households who hadn't paid rent since before December of last year or January of new. These are the court cases or evictions frozen in March due to covid-19 PAUSE orders. Those cases are now stale, and must be refilled again from start. Already just those cases alone you're looking at five or six months of back rent By time those cases again work their way through system it could be two, three or more months, again often with no rent payments.

Going forward (as of June 20th, but really Monday is when things will get going), Cuomo's new eviction ban is more practical, people will have to go into court and prove their reasons for not paying rent are covid-19 related.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2020 10:45 PM

[quote] 2. AC signed into law yesterday a bill spending $100 million of federal funds for "rent relief".

Anderson Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2020 10:51 PM

Here's a mystery I bet DLers could solve: given that de Blasio is (a) widely despised across the spectrum and (b) not endowed with a sizeable personal fortune, who funded his run for President this year and why? What did they hope to get out of it? No one was ever going to make him part of their administration.

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2020 10:58 PM

R75

Andrew Cuomo, governor of NYS

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2020 11:01 PM

R76

Races for WH on democrat side have been a free for all for past several election cycles now. Anyone with enough supporters can get in, and depending upon how things go attract further financial support.

Bill de Blasio doesn't have any money, who told you he financed his own WH run? It simply wasn't true.

The guy is mayor of New York City, and thanks to that SCOTUS ruling money can come rolling into campaign coffers from every side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2020 11:06 PM

0% rent raise for next year, so that's a plus. and during his tenure, it's been 1%, 0%, 0%, 1.25%.1.5%. 1.5%. 0%. good work mr mayor.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2020 2:51 AM

Enjoy it while you can R79.....

In two years BdeB will be gone and a new mayor will appoint new members to RGB as terms expire.

Over 50 year history of RGB it has never held increases very low for long periods of time. In fact by the 1980's and into 1990's they passed some very steep increases.

Then there is fact LL groups are still pressing ahead with legal challenges to 2019 rent regulation laws. One of their beefs is that the RGB increase process is politically motivated and often (as has for past several years) denied increases even when city's own data say they are justified.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2020 3:07 AM

[quote]In fact by the 1980's and into 1990's they passed some very steep increases.

Not as bad as when Bloomberg was mayor. He was increasing like 4 and 5% every year (for 12 years). So BdeB giving a few years of 0% averages out those awful rich, white guy years.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2020 3:11 AM

RGB orders during Bloomberg's twelve years as mayor weren't very drastic; mostly holding to between 2%-4% range. Keep in mind board is structured so incoming mayors do not get a clean slate; members have two or three year terms so first term of a new mayor is bound to have some carry over.

Largest increases came in 1970's probably (again) in response to LL's complaining rents were too low. Anyone who lived in city at that time knows how bad things were with block after block of buildings in poor condition both out and in side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2020 3:32 AM

Remember historically there were all sorts of things added on (fuel surcharges, adjustments if rent was below a certain number...) that are now gone but are baked into any existing rent.

Know of several seniors or elderly living in rent stabilized or controlled Manhattan apartments. They've been there since God made dirt and spit with rents barely approaching $900 or less. Thing is their apartments look it; LL has no incentive to bring them out of dark ages, and tenants won't pay for MCI or other increases. Thus only things required by law get done, mean while place crumbles down around them.

Getting back to BdeB; city council and Corey Johnson in particular have for some time treated mayor as if he is MIA. This week they've passed several bits of legislation with veto proof majorities.

Basically not just BdeB is term limited out, but huge swath of other elected officials as well. Nearly all are angling for whatever other elected job then can get (this November or next year), and or appointed positions in "mayor' Corey Johnson's administration. Thus if they have to push BdeB under a bus to make brownie points, they will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2020 3:40 AM

Thanks for the link R79 but i think you misunderstood the post

[quote] [bold][italic] not [/bold][/italic] endowed with a sizeable personal fortune

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2020 5:17 AM

R84 not me man.

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2020 5:24 AM

BdeB and Yashar are so completely full of shit. Hard to say which one is more insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2020 5:28 AM

R74 Well, then the landlords better be ready for more rioting. It's going to come again if they plan to do the mass evictions they have in store.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2020 5:39 AM

Yeah, I’m sure De Blasio is gonna resign just because Yashar Ali thinks it’s a possibility. Why would you signal-boost this nonsense, OP?

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2020 5:46 AM

Yashar Ali is a sour bitch who is interested in only one thing: Making a name for Yashar Ali as the #1 scold on Twitter.

Most of his tweets are made in bad faith.

His facial expression in OP's photo says it all.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2020 7:30 AM

Rumors are starting to go around on Twitter that NYPD is either going to strike or have a massive blue flu over the July 4th weekend, so that de Basio and the protestors can find out just what limited police presence is like.

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2020 9:12 AM

R90

Not exactly a rumor, many local NYC news media are reporting flyers appearing all over city urging a NYPD sick-out over July 4th holiday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2020 9:42 AM

For the record NYPD unions have long engaged in this sort of passive-aggressive behavior.

Since by state law they cannot strike in true sense of word, NYPD (and many other city unions) engage in this sort of thing.

In past NYPD has staged (all unofficial of course) sick-outs, by the book slow downs, refusal of overtime, mysterious declines in number of traffic and parking violation tickets issued.... those sort of things.

Nothing that would jeopardize public safety, but just enough to mess with mayor, city council and whoever else is ticking the union off.

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2020 12:06 PM

Yes, but Bill de Blasio has also been very passive-aggressive with the NYPD. When you're the mayor of a large city, one thing you don't do is publicly bad mouth the police.

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2020 1:03 PM

Does anyone remember the times when the police have publicly turned their backs on him? At least once at a televised funeral, once at a hospital when he showed up to see a wounded officer and others I can't remember offhand. That's unheard of, no?

by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2020 1:14 PM

R90 The last time it happened, crime went down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2020 1:20 PM

R94, it's as astonishing as when Meghan turned her back to Her Majesty at Royal Ascot! It just isn't done!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2020 2:46 PM

If police aren’t taking reports and arresting people, OF COURSE “crime goes down”.

Just like if people aren’t getting tested in Florida, they have low numbers of Covid-positive people there.

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2020 3:13 PM

R95 crime didn't drop. It was still happening just cops weren't making arrests or writing citations. It's like saying there is no Covid problem when you're not doing any tests.

by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2020 4:39 PM

No, there isn't any love lost between NYPD and BdeB; to put it bluntly former has hated the guy from first days in office and nothing likely will change before he leaves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2020 12:27 AM

Again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2020 12:27 AM

If when things get bad enough, a mayor of NYC can (and has IIRC) via his police commissioner instructed local commanders to go out in field to knock heads if that is what it takes to break any unofficial slow down.

Sooner or later complaints about cars not being ticketed (when they clearly should have been), slow response times (to anything but emergencies), and other things reach a level that forces mayor to act. This and when weekly or monthly numbers come in showing marked decrease in vehicle fines ...

There are pretty accurate models on how much revenue should be generated by things such as cars parked on hydrant, meter, and other violations. When those number dip it isn't because drivers suddenly woke up and started obeying parking/traffic laws. Outside of legal suspension of laws/rules something else is generally going on...

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2020 12:33 AM

LOL Drama in Queens as protestors get inside of councilman Daniel Dromm's apartment building and knock on his door. He calls out to AOC to condemn them, as if he's a male Karen and she's the manager of the DSA. AOC has not responded to Dromm's request for condemnation, but he has been ratioed to death on Twitter and mocked ruthlessly. He's another one with no political future after this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2020 12:40 AM

I know you bitches will unanimously be on Dromm's side, but this is my favorite response to his tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2020 12:42 AM

Since when is harassing people in their homes okay, r103? He's right and the comments aren't insightful they're childish.

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2020 12:44 AM

Oh and in case any of you, such as R104, would like to pretend that MLK JR didn't do the exact same thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2020 12:46 AM

A governor's mansion is not an apartment in a building. Come on. If nothing else, think of the other people who live there.

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2020 12:48 AM

R106 One of his neighbors let them in. Let that sink in for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2020 12:50 AM

Crime is out of control in the city thanks to DeBlasio caving in to all the Defund the Police loonies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2020 12:52 AM

Who the fuck cares who else did it, r105?

R107, so? Apartments buildings are usually diverse. Get back to me when everyone in the building is on the same page. Or do you think it's the group think that you're used to.

by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2020 12:54 AM

R108 That's the Post. Take what they with a grain of salt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote][R106] One of his neighbors let them in. Let that sink in for a minute.

On behalf of the whole building?

Common sense says it crossed the line. That's how the righteous always lose public opinion. In pursuit of a just goal, they indulge themselves and the majority they need to help get what they want, can't relate.

The best strategy of cool and reasoned. The worst strategy is one that makes you feel good.

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2020 12:57 AM

Get rid of Section 8 and the non working people will stop flocking to the city and rents will go down by reason of economics supply/demand. I am pro worker, not at all interested in helping the perpetual govt funded do nothing person who can work but chooses not to. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2020 12:58 AM

[Quote] That's how the righteous always lose public opinion.

Moral clarity matters more than public opinion. As I said, I knew you bitches would unanimously be on Dromm's side, but I honestly don't give a fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2020 1:00 AM

Sweetie, r113, just the fact that you came here to share some really, really dumb Twitter comments says all I need to know about you.

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2020 1:09 AM

R110 you’ve got that right!

That said, all parties agree on their hatred of DeBlasio. And let us not forget the city taxes he gauged on Ubers and taxis. Because anyone with even 2 cents of discretionary income comrade DeBlasio has to swoop in and pillage that as swiftly as humanly possible.

Corrupt piece of shit. We need Andrew Yang to run and badly.

by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2020 3:10 AM

So stupid question. Is Yang a New Yorker? I always thought he was from California

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2020 3:12 AM

Yes, Andrew Yang is a New Yorker, more so than Mike Bloomberg and Corey Johnson who both came here from MA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2020 3:32 AM

somebody above actually believes what the Post says. funny.

and R112 is mentally disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2020 6:12 AM

But OP do you have to post that horrendously ugly — and fat— Yashir guy’s pic. Gross

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2020 6:15 AM

More of his bullshit. His wife embezzled between $600 million and $1 billion in her mental health initiative. No one is allowed to question it. Now he names her to this bullshit committee. She is an incompetent thief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2020 7:39 AM

somebody else above actually believes what the Post says. funny.

by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2020 7:43 AM

R121 is probably an actual new yorker who still believes what he reads in the A section of the NYTs.

-R120, actual new york native

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2020 8:01 AM

Mr. and Mrs. DeBlas are both truly gross people who don't care about anyone but themselves. Their kids are fucked up, especially their batshit daughter. Parents of the year!

by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2020 12:31 PM

Well, Chirlane could stop all the slander any time she wants. She could give New Yorkers some sort of account of where the money went.

by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2020 6:58 PM

800 million is a lot of money to lose track of. I mean, what the fuck did she do with it? Is it in an off shore account? Did she pay people and didn't ask for receipts or something? It's incompetence at the very least and she shouldn't be allowed to be responsible for anything until she accounts for what happened...is anyone investigating this issue?

by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2020 7:14 PM

800 million is a lot of money to lose track of. I mean, what the fuck did she do with it? Is it in an off shore account? Did she pay people and didn't ask for receipts or something? It's incompetence at the very least and she shouldn't be allowed to be responsible for anything until she accounts for what happened...is anyone investigating this issue?

by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2020 7:14 PM

R126

And the money kept rolling out in all directions. To the poor, to the weak, to the destitute of all complexions

Now cynics claim a little of the cash has gone astray, but that's not the point my friends

When the money keeps rolling out you don't keep books, you can tell you've done well by the happy, grateful looks

Accountants only slow things down, figures get in the way, never been a lady loved as much as Chirlane McCray

by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2020 8:30 PM

And to think she has delusions of winning Borough President in Brooklyn next year. LOL

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2020 8:39 PM

So this week the City Council introduced two votes of confidence measures. One from reich wing hack Eric Ulrich and one from Carlos Menchaca from the left. Both of these are going to need to be consolidated before it gets a vote. Corey Johnson wants to wait until after the budget passes to do it. He should pass it much sooner because de Blasio is an impediment of why the budget hasn't been worked out yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2020 8:42 PM

We are less than ten days away from the deadline for when a budget needs to be passed by law. De Blasio has given the council members no indication of what's in it or what poison pills he's planning to include. For God sake, they need to force his removal now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2020 8:45 PM

R72

I'll say it again; there will not be any "mass evictions" regardless of what yourself and others seem to believe.

Between the governor and his chief administrative judge (who controls housing courts in this state), they are going to slow walk things long as possible. At this point landlords aren't their primary concern, public health is however.

Landlords will have their time in court, eventually. No doubt there is considerable anger and angst at being forced into role of social service agents (again), but there is little they can do to force matters. Suppose they could attempt some sort of federal case claiming their rights to due process are being harmed, but that would take ages to settle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 21, 2020 3:59 AM

So the NYPD used the banned chokehold again today. The black victim survived, though he went unconscious, but now the calls for de Blasio's resignation are growing louder than before. I thought for a moment that he'd hang on, like most of you seem to believe, but after this, I'm really confident that he's going to be booted out by the end of the month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 22, 2020 2:14 AM

Especially as Corey Johnson is ready to put forth a vote of no confidence. It will pass nearly unanimously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 22, 2020 2:15 AM

Another Everybody Hates Bill article, this time for the New York magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 22, 2020 12:58 PM

I work for NYC govt and people of all races there pretty much can't stand the jerk. He isn't helping himself with his wishy washy ways.

by Anonymousreply 135June 22, 2020 1:11 PM

R135 Did you join that protest that his other staffers organized?

by Anonymousreply 136June 22, 2020 5:53 PM

LOL City Hall is occupied. This comes the day after loud, Orthodox Jews blasted their car horns outside of Gracie Mansion to demand the mayor crack down on the fireworks. This is going to be a long summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 24, 2020 1:54 PM

This city is going to burn again by July. The tensions are heated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 24, 2020 1:55 PM

He kept his word regarding rent protection in NY. He kept his word.

by Anonymousreply 139June 24, 2020 2:11 PM

The mayor has appointed his wife commissar over what statues are pure enough to leave standing in NYC

The “Commission on Racial Justice and Reconciliation”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 24, 2020 2:18 PM

Yet my fellow New Yorkers couldn't wait to vote him in for a second term with an overwhelming majority.

Dear fellow New Yorkers: You suck.

by Anonymousreply 141June 24, 2020 2:21 PM

Less than ten percent (10%) of registered NYC voters in last mayoral election did so, thus while BdeB did win with a "majority" that's hardly saying something.

His largest base of support is (or was) outside of Manhattan and or above 96th street; in short minorities and liberal progressive democrats. The same groups that are now turning on Bill de Blasio.....

This is nothing new; New York City (and to extent much of New York state) has terrible levels of voter apathy. It is the reason so many of the same idiots get elected and re-elected time and time again. Well until modern times in the era of AOC......

by Anonymousreply 142June 24, 2020 6:03 PM

R141 His opponent was Nicole Malliotakis, who is a big loser, and his first opponent was Joe Lhota, who was an even bigger loser. De Blasio got lucky because he had no real opposition.

by Anonymousreply 143June 24, 2020 6:16 PM

R142, all true, but liberal democrats who ever believed this schmuck was progressive and minorities who thought he'd help them are as stupid as evangelicals who voted for Trump because they think he's a Bible-believin' man of God.

The idiocy of the American voter is infinite and bottomless.

by Anonymousreply 144June 24, 2020 6:25 PM

BdeB would have been term limited out regardless after last election, so much fire power simply chose not to run rather than unseat an incumbent. This is usually how elections work where office has term limits. The weak collection of candidates on democratic (and GOP side for that matter) seeking to replace DT is another example.

Open seats are another matter as yesterday's primary elections proved......

by Anonymousreply 145June 24, 2020 6:37 PM

Chiara is starting to look a bit cray cray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 24, 2020 8:36 PM

cray cray

Is this the mug shot photo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 24, 2020 8:37 PM

Mayor de Blasio is responsible for permanently closing the Times Square McDonalds. He wants the pimps and prostitutes to return. to 42nd Street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 24, 2020 8:57 PM

Am no fan of BdeB, but you can't lay closing of that McDonald's on his doorstep.

In other local NYC news media McDonald's has opened a brand new ultra modern restaurant just a few blocks away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 24, 2020 9:09 PM

Yes, a new restaurant with hardly any jobs, as there are self-ordering kiosks and only 5 cashiers.

And those features you CAN lay right at the foot of De Blasio and his minimum wage law. Whether you think an employee is worth $15 an hour or not, it's clear that McDonald's has done the math on employee costs and said, "fuck it."

by Anonymousreply 150June 24, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote]Whether you think an employee is worth $15 an hour or not, it's clear that McDonald's has done the math on employee costs and said, "fuck it."

Nah, McDonald's just rebranded them was servers and is paying them less than minimum wage believing they'll get tips. McDonalds now has "table service."

[quote]the new McDonald’s features 18 self-ordering kiosks — and just five cashiers — as well as upholstered banquettes and table service.

by Anonymousreply 151June 24, 2020 9:23 PM

BDeB is a really awful Mayor. Go away go away.

by Anonymousreply 152June 24, 2020 10:04 PM

You all should be checking out the #OccupyCityHall hashtag. It's fucking crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 25, 2020 1:48 AM

I blame the batshit leftists who pushed BdeB out of nowhere to usurp Christine Quinn. We were set for the first female lesbian mayor - who, BTW, was extremely competent and effective and progressive - but some fringe leftists loons used horses in Central Park - who are still ducking there - to cut her out and insert this incompetent, useless, lazy ass instead.

A reminder to the extremists that they can cause as much damage on the left as on the right.

by Anonymousreply 154June 25, 2020 2:15 AM

Bloomberg's handmaiden. Quietly surrendered to the closing of St. Vincent's. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 155June 25, 2020 2:22 AM

Fuck her to Hell. I still want my hospital back.

by Anonymousreply 156June 25, 2020 3:07 AM

So BdeB saved the hospital? No. So now we just have an incompetent mayor - and a closed hospital. Congratulations - you won.

by Anonymousreply 157June 25, 2020 4:09 AM

Once St. Vincent's entered bankruptcy for last time, the Rudin family staked out their turf, and made sure the place closed. Hospital campus sat on some very valuable Greenwich/West Village land which is hard to come by. Any proposal to reopen, fund or do anything that would bring St. V's back was beaten down in bankruptcy court. It only remained for the Rudin family to deal with city in terms of rezoning and some other issues. They threw Christine Quinn a few bones (a new public school on Morton Street, land for that HIV/AIDs park across from main campus), but that was it, the hospital was going to be redeveloped, period.

by Anonymousreply 158June 25, 2020 5:35 AM

MANHATTAN - As the coronavirus continues to spread around the country, New York is preparing for the financial crisis left in its wake.

Wednesday, Mayor Bill de Balsio issued a stark warning if the city doesn't get financial help.

"If we ever got to the point of having to activate that layoff plan for the fall, we're talking 22,000 employees, that's a vast, vast number of people," de Blasio said during a press conference.

To put those 22,000 layoffs or furloughs in perspective, the city only cut 17,000 jobs from 2008 to 2012 during the recession.

The mayor said he's working with labor unions to try and find an additional $1 billion in savings. But following Wednesday's announcement several union leaders came out to criticize the mayor.

Harry Nespoli who represents a coalition of 110 labor unions reportedly asked the New York Times, "what performance does the mayor expect to get from his workforce now?"

---------------

I notice the riots, looting, burning, and everyday general lawlessness had no part in the city's difficulties. Next time the sanitation workers will be the rioters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 25, 2020 12:24 PM

[quote]I notice the riots, looting, burning, and everyday general lawlessness had no part in the city's difficulties.

The stark hypocrisy of it all is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 160June 25, 2020 1:51 PM

This is what makes that plan of his even more outrageous.

So, for anyone that’s keeping track.

@NYCMayor is willing to lay off:

10s of 1000s of human services and community based workers 22,000 city workers 130 guidance counselors and social workers in South BX/Brownsville

@NYCMayor is NOT willing to lay off:

Cops

He needs to resign right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 25, 2020 1:52 PM

What cut and pasted piece above does not mention, nor do many of you seem to know is that over past seven years BdeB vastly increased size of NYC's labor force.

At last count city's labor force has expanded by almost 37K employees since BdeB came into office. He has created tons of new offices, administrators, etc... with salaries starting around $150k. He's doled out substantial raises to personal staff and favorites along with the unions while getting little in way of productivity gains or savings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 25, 2020 5:30 PM

We will need the cops more than ever, the city is becoming a criminal paradise, especially with the revolving door justice system with no bail for most crimes. The city is fast falling into hell.

Hiring more social workers to go on patrol with the cops is just something his looney wife would think of. Cancel her and her thieving friends. Where is the $900 million she fleeced. Return that money and save thousands of jobs.

by Anonymousreply 163June 25, 2020 6:10 PM

[quote]especially with the revolving door justice system with no bail for most crimes.

This is why NYC will become a crime haven worse than Chicago and Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 164June 25, 2020 6:42 PM

R162 - that’s classic BdeB. Instead of investing in substantial long term infrastructure, he feeds the patronage machine. One benefit of a billionaire mayor, he doesn’t have to use the city budget to buy votes.

by Anonymousreply 165June 25, 2020 6:46 PM

All the shit from the DeBlasio admin will rise to the top and smell to high heavens. God help the next mayor of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 166June 25, 2020 6:47 PM

R165

Exactly!

People want to believe the narrative of big bad federal government won't give money to NYS or NYC; but there are reasons why McConnell and others are saying "Hell No".

Only time this state or city gets their fiscal acts together is when forced by circumstances. That or when fates align and we get a mayor like Bloomberg; otherwise NYC like NYS are like spendthrift housewives.

BdeB and city council were warned for years they couldn't keep spending as if economic good times would last forever. Indeed city was already facing issues in coming fiscal years because of its spendthrift ways and looming issues like pensions.

by Anonymousreply 167June 25, 2020 7:09 PM

Keep in mind NYC had a Republican mayor for 2 decades. (Before that, Dinkinsxwas a one-time demmayor who followed Ed Jich, who notoriously became a Republican for votes). The fact that a democrat was elected infuriated Rupert Murdoch, Roger Ailes (don’t RIP), Rudy Giuliani & Andrew Cuomo. Cuomo has always tried to get a large chunk of GoP support while having a D next to his name. There are no term limits for governors in NYS & Andrew wants GOP votes to help him fuel a lifetime governorship. Cuomo’s poll numbers with GOP go up when he battles with DeBlasio.

DeBlasio doesn’t have much personality & that isn’t good in a city that prefers celebrity-like mayors & governors. NYers like loud mouths, like Koch, Giuliani & Bloomberg. Cuomo is also a loudmouth, having learned how to be one from his father. DeBlasio is not a good speaker & didn’t have the savvy or the money to surround himself with a top PR team who could do his talking for him while teaching him the ropes.

So you’ve got a mayor with no allies and no PR team. It’s like Obama — Obama had no power at all, having had only one term in the US senate. He had no allies & couldn’t get anything done. His health care bill turned out to be a love letter to insurance companies. LBJ, on the other hand, had been speaker if the house & knew where all the bodies were buried. He got the civil rights bill passed, noting that “we lost the south for a generation.” (Wrong. It’s been 3 generations now & the dopes think they're going to rise up yet again for the love of supply side Jesus).

So DeBlasio has been fighting a losing war against a rightwing media complex & the usual cabal of rightwing US billionaires who want republicans in charge of NYC. Seeing as he has no power & no PR machine, he was never going to win a PR war against these factors, though the people of NY didn’t care & elected him twice.

by Anonymousreply 168June 25, 2020 7:14 PM

[quote] Ed Jich

Sorry. The arthritis medication hasn’t kicked in yet

by Anonymousreply 169June 25, 2020 7:16 PM

R169

What are you talking about?

People of NY didn't elect BdeB; that was NYC for reasons known only to themselves. I didn't vote for the guy in either two of his bids for mayor.

A mayor with "no allies?" How did BdeB get into office twice with < 12% of residents voting *and* carry out his progressive liberal agenda without allies?

Ed Koch was one of the last political machine NYC mayors; he knew what levers to pull and how to do so in order to get elected. More importantly both he and Rudy Giuliani were mayors during the last gasps of industrial, working class, manufacturing, middle class (white) voters of NYC.

Both were able to win as republicans because that party still had a viable presence in a large parts of city. Today they have been reduced to areas like Staten Island, small parts of Bronx and Queens, along with barely holding out in South Brooklyn.

Rudy Giuliani was able to oust David Dinkins by playing him as a feeble minded black man who wasn't up to running NYC. More to the point his blatantly racist campaigns worked. Today that just would never happen as Tuesday's election results have proven. A gay man beat conservative Rubin Diaz, Sr. who in many ways wasn't that far from Rudy G. in terms of politics.

by Anonymousreply 170June 25, 2020 7:41 PM

R169

What are you talking about?

People of NY didn't elect BdeB; that was NYC for reasons known only to themselves. I didn't vote for the guy in either two of his bids for mayor.

A mayor with "no allies?" How did BdeB get into office twice with < 12% of residents voting *and* carry out his progressive liberal agenda without allies?

Ed Koch was one of the last political machine NYC mayors; he knew what levers to pull and how to do so in order to get elected. More importantly both he and Rudy Giuliani were mayors during the last gasps of industrial, working class, manufacturing, middle class (white) voters of NYC.

Both were able to win as republicans because that party still had a viable presence in a large parts of city. Today they have been reduced to areas like Staten Island, small parts of Bronx and Queens, along with barely holding out in South Brooklyn.

Rudy Giuliani was able to oust David Dinkins by playing him as a feeble minded black man who wasn't up to running NYC. More to the point his blatantly racist campaigns worked. Today that just would never happen as Tuesday's election results have proven. A gay man beat conservative Rubin Diaz, Sr. who in many ways wasn't that far from Rudy G. in terms of politics.

by Anonymousreply 171June 25, 2020 7:41 PM

DeBlasio needs to go away

by Anonymousreply 172June 25, 2020 9:34 PM

Fuck Big Bird and his... ugly wife.

by Anonymousreply 173June 25, 2020 10:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 26, 2020 12:00 PM

Meanwhile, Mayor Bail-Me-Out is also plotting to taunt President Trump with a giant “Black Lives Matter” painted on the street by Trump Tower. That’s a pretty odd way to seek federal help.

Mr. Mayor why poke the bear when you need Federal Money to bail out all of your wasteful spending of the past 4 years? This will cost more city govt jobs, thanks ass wipe.

by Anonymousreply 175June 26, 2020 2:31 PM

Two persons shot (one dead) near Madison Square Park. Flatiron district is one of the hottest RE areas of Manhattan (Jeff Bezos bought right across from the park), so things are not getting better.

Shootings out in Bronx, Brooklyn or Queens are one thing, but when they start occurring in prime areas of Manhattan below 125th (or even 96th) street, that is another matter entirely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 26, 2020 8:19 PM

I'm honestly confused because it seems the vast majority of liberal-leaning NYers -- in other words, 90% of the city -- very vocally supported releasing prisoners from jails (for COVID and otherwise) and removing bail for all but the most serious crimes. Which is fine, but releasing criminals will obviously result in more crime. The "prison/bail is racist" argument I always found odd because of course, most people commit crimes within their own race, so more black criminals released will result in more black people getting victimized.

In any case, I figured that anyone pro-release would also be fine with the increase in crime.

I'm not sure that people aren't okay with it, in fact. Nobody I know seems concerned. Of course, I know a lot of people who grew up in the suburbs and probably feel they could always return there if things get icky, so maybe they don't have much skin in the game.

by Anonymousreply 177June 26, 2020 8:43 PM

The media is hyping up these shootings to try to combat the push to defund the police. It is not Hell City by any stretch of the imagination. And I don't know which audience they are doing this for. The mayor is a big bootlicker and the council isn't going to hold the line on defunding the police. The public's attitude is split. They aren't winning anyone else over to their side that wasn't already there. Either people see through the fear tactics or they don't.

The police really need the one thing none of the politicians are seriously talking about; layoffs, specifically of the "bad" cops. All of this is smoke and mirrors otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 26, 2020 8:46 PM

Oh and in case anyone wanted to know why de Blasio hasn't faced the vote of no confidence yet, one of the council members, Carlos Menchaca, says that Corey Johnson, the council speaker, is preventing them from voting on it. Corey is trying to protect de Blasio so that Jumaanee doesn't become mayor, in the hopes that he can win in the election next year. What a selfish slime bag he is. Corey should look at his friend Christine Quinn to see what happens when you aid in the protection of an unpopular incumbent. He's never going to be mayor now. Not after all of this. His political future is over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 26, 2020 8:55 PM

R80 There's also SCRIE if you're over 62 (or a similar rent freeze if disabled). Plus landlords have come up with data they conveniently try to make it look like they are hurting more than they are -- they're mainly get passive income and not having to work for it like their tenants for the most part anyway.

by Anonymousreply 180June 26, 2020 9:03 PM

The libs who pushed for no bail reform and defund the police are now getting a taste of how things will be. To say they have shit themselves stupid is an honest way to explain it. Nobody will want to spend money in NYC and the millions of people who depend on taxes to pay for housing and medicaid will be out of luck. There is already a 2 year wait to get a govt paid apartment in NYC and most people linger in shelters waiting. This is not going to help.

PS: I have worked for NYC govt for 23 years see the problems everyday getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 181June 26, 2020 9:08 PM

SCRIE only freezes rent for eligible seniors, and is only offered to rent regulated, Mitchell-Lama or other such housing, it does not cover market rate.

Thus for many seniors if they manage to live until 62 and are paying large portion of monthly income towards rent, that does not change. Unless or until they receive an increase in monthly income (which could get them knocked off SCRIE come time to renew certification ), they are still locked into that pattern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 26, 2020 9:14 PM

R181 Total fear mongering. I'm going to take a wild guess as to what agency you worked in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 26, 2020 9:20 PM

deBlasio just changed the rules of alternate side of the street parking. You only have to move your car once a week instead of two. He's the most popular mayor in history for all car owners.

Thank you Corey from keeping that lunatic Jumaane from taking over as Mayor. You might have my vote now.

by Anonymousreply 184June 26, 2020 9:24 PM

R184 Yes, because in a city where the vast majority of people don't drive, winning over people like you is going to help Corey's political future. Get the fuck out of here.

by Anonymousreply 185June 26, 2020 9:30 PM

R184, no shit. I’ll vote for Corey (holding my nose and dreading it) before I’d vote for Jumaane. That guy is bad news.

by Anonymousreply 186June 26, 2020 9:37 PM

R184

Bit early for hitting the bottle isn't it?

Under BdeB hundreds of miles of NYC streets have been taken to provide bike lanes, Citibike stations, and other similar projects. This includes entire east side of Central Park West from about 60th to 96th which is becoming a bike lane.

Removing one day of ASP hardly is going to make up for the above in most drivers minds. In particular since now competition for parking will become more fierce. Since city suspended ASP back in March at least for Manhattan find a spot is often impossible as people don't move their vehicles. This includes a large number of those with out of state plates. When you consider costs of garage parking it makes sense now to simply leave your vehicle parked on street. Even if you get one ticket (for the only day ASP is not suspended) it still is cheaper than paying for weekly garage fee.

Oh and BdeB just blew another hole in city's budget that already is swirling the pan.

Those tickets for ASP form part of fine base generated by parking tickets, which now will be lower.

Also this genius of mayor is basing this action on how clean NYC streets are without ASP street cleaning. Well they would be because at least in Manhattan large parts of areas south of Harlem have been emptied out for nearly four months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 26, 2020 9:59 PM

SCRIE was brought up because it can benefit people who have to reason to fear the Rent Guidelines Board if a Republican mayor is elected when they are older.

by Anonymousreply 188June 26, 2020 10:17 PM

RGB terms are staggered; thus regardless who wins in November 2021 a new mayor cannot throw entire board out in 2022.

Residents of rent regulated apartments have had same problems for a decade or more; rents are increasing faster than their incomes.

We're not talking about drastic increases either; a mere 2%-4% rise in rent is more than many of these people get in terms of yearly household income increases.

Outside of Manhattan vast majority of rent regulated tenants are minorities; they are the ones (along with their supporters) moaning and wailing about rent freezes, roll backs, etc..... They also are or were key supporters of BdeB, so you can see where that was going.

BdeB via RGB froze or limited rent increases for past seven years; and the same people mentioned above still are not happy, and are paying in many instances more than three-quarters of monthly income towards rent.

Thing to always remember about rent regulated apartments in NY is that rent goes only one way; up. There are no adjustments for decrease in household income. So people who find themselves downsized or otherwise suffer reduction in income either have to find ways to replace, or move.

Far as Manhattan and some other areas of city those who are old to ancient, and moved into their apartments about same time god made dirt and spit benefit most. Otherwise by and large in Manhattan and some other prime areas of city RS rents aren't that much lower than market rate.

Give it another five or so years as more boomers hit 62; you're going to see an increase in issues dealing with older persons and rent regulated apartments that SCRIE doesn't address.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 26, 2020 10:36 PM

R186 The DL. The barometer of politics in NYC. LOL.

Corey will never be mayor, no matter how many dozens of elder gays vote for him. I don't like Jumanee either, but you and R184 are delusional to think he has any future in politics.

by Anonymousreply 190June 26, 2020 10:53 PM

I could say the same thing about LA mayor Eric Garcetti.

There are recall petitions out there and if I remember correctly they have about 50,000 signatures but he isn't going anywhere. He'll serve out his term.

by Anonymousreply 191June 26, 2020 11:04 PM

NYC is a turb hamlet come to life. The crime, dirt and high cost make it an undesireable place to live.

With Grindr the gays don't need to move to city gay ghettos anymore. There is nothing the city has to offer anymore that you cannot find in a nice suburb. The city is a real stink hole.

by Anonymousreply 192June 26, 2020 11:18 PM

People were saying same things about Jamaal Bowman, and look how that turned out!

For that matter odds were long on R. Torres as well, and again look what happened.

People swore AOC would be history as of last Tuesday, and she won by a huge margin.....

Only fly can see in Jumaane D. Williams running for mayor next year is he is only public advocate filling out remainder of previous holder's term. JW must run again for public advocate again next year when that term would have expired anyway. He cannot run for two offices at once, and challenging an incumbent mayor (whoever that maybe) four years later would be difficult.

My money is on JW running for an office he knows (and or hopes) he can win, and keeping his powder dry for a mayoral run in 2025 or even 2029.

Understanding term limits for NYC elected officials is complicated because of stunt Bloomberg and Quinn pulled. But basically it comes down to people can only serve two consecutive terms. They are then prohibited from running again for same office, but can take a one term break, then run for same office again. In case of special elections (like JW) those years don't count towards term limits. So JW can run in 2021 and 2025 for public advocate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 26, 2020 11:23 PM

RIP NYC

by Anonymousreply 194June 27, 2020 12:27 AM

A lot of you like to pretend that there is much opposition in the political ranks of NYC, but when you have the most reich wing council member, Joe Borelli, being friends with the most left wing, Jumanee, you know they are all in it together to fuck over the rest of the city. Our city council needs a complete reboot, throwing all of them out and replacing them with new blood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 27, 2020 5:48 PM

Another home visit, this time to Corey Johnson's apartment building. Brought to you by the teacher's union.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 27, 2020 7:19 PM

And now de Blasio's house in Brooklyn too. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 27, 2020 9:53 PM

They brought "Bitchass" Bill de Blasio with them. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 27, 2020 10:10 PM

The ways things are going in NYC these days....you really need the police more than ever. Violent crimes are way way up, all over. Bring back stop and frisk, eliminate the no bail for almost all criminals, and finally bring back the undercover cops who really infiltrate the drug dealers and gangs. The poorest of the poor are the ones who suffer more than anyone else when animals rule the streets.

by Anonymousreply 199June 27, 2020 10:13 PM

Why did de Blasio do away with undercover cops? I didn't understand what went down with that.

by Anonymousreply 200June 27, 2020 10:21 PM

R200 This may have something to do with it. Undercover cops getting killed by their fellow cops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 27, 2020 10:44 PM

R199 Types like a white person.

by Anonymousreply 202June 27, 2020 10:45 PM

BdeB didn't directly order NYPD to disband plain clothes units, it was an internal decision.

Of course the mayor likely knew of plans to and or was otherwise kept informed.

Only anti-crime plain clothes unit was disbanded. Others such as vice aren't going anywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 27, 2020 10:54 PM

More:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 27, 2020 10:55 PM

R202 must be racist

by Anonymousreply 205June 27, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote] Only anti-crime plain clothes unit was disbanded.

And the last thing deBlasio wants is policemen who are anti crime.

In the last few weeks 272 New York cops have resigned or retired and that's probably just the start. I don't blame them.

by Anonymousreply 206June 27, 2020 11:36 PM

You guys keep harping on about BdeB. Suppose it is only natural since he is mayor, but as pointed out numerous times in this thread the guy is also at or has reached lame duck status. He cannot run for re-election next year when current term ends, nor is there any open office for him to aspire to (having tried a WH run and failed badly), nor can he be removed from office.

For months now, about before Bdeb began his WH run in earnest he's been pretty much absent from scene with Corey Johnson and city council calling shots. They have been passing bills with veto proof majorities and daring BdeB not to sign them into law.

Progressive liberal democrat politicians in this city feel quite confident that no matter how bad things go with remainder of BdeB's time in office they have nothing to fear from local GOP. Going by last Tuesday's election results where not one but two AA gay men with extreme left socialist/liberal democrat ideas easily won, they may be correct in that assumption.

by Anonymousreply 207June 27, 2020 11:47 PM

R205 Must be racist and white because you can't be racist against white people, only prejudiced.

by Anonymousreply 208June 28, 2020 12:03 AM

He started New York's famous streak That's got us all aglow He's just a man and not a freak, Joltin' Bill deBlasio.

From coast to coast that's all you'll hear Of Bill the one man show He's glorified the Flushing sphere Joltin' Bill deBlasio

He'll live in New York's Hall of Fame He got there blow by blow Our kids will tell their kids his name Joltin' Bill deBlasio.

by Anonymousreply 209June 28, 2020 12:46 AM

It's call reverse racism (but I'd never use that term which applies to me).

by Anonymousreply 210June 28, 2020 3:24 PM

In honor of pride month, the NYPD beats up gay protestors. Seems they've learned nothing from Stonewall. Corey Johnson is a fucking disgrace of a gay man for not speaking out against this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 28, 2020 9:15 PM

I guess the shitty council wants the city to burn again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 28, 2020 9:15 PM

Bunch of selfish ass wipes marching around during a pandemic. Go home losers and take Mrs. DeBlasio with you.

by Anonymousreply 213June 28, 2020 9:19 PM

There was a shooting in Madison Square Park the other night, one dead, another injured. Flatiron District isn't some hood in east Brooklyn or Bronx, but rather well off area. If things start getting bad in Manhattan below Harlem, watch how fast not just BdeB but Corey Johnson and entire city council change their tune.

They will throw BLM under a bus if in rumor or fact there is any whiff that Manhattan is truly backsliding to 1980's or 1970's in terms of crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 28, 2020 9:33 PM

This is a gay website. What is wrong with you people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 28, 2020 10:03 PM

If deBlasio leaves office before his term is up, the job goes to the Public Advocate, Jummane Williams, a vocal cop hater which doesn't sit well with most New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 216June 28, 2020 10:48 PM

BdeB isn't going anywhere, and would rather die than give over mayor's office to J. Williams.

Mr. de Blasio is still mayor of NYC and can fuck with Corey Johnson along with city council four thousand ways from Sunday.

One reasons BdeB won't go is his scheme to make that wife of his next Brooklyn borough president (election in next year).

by Anonymousreply 217June 28, 2020 10:54 PM

Let's hope DeBlasio and his wife move to Scranton or Camden and start a low income food coop and leave NYC to heal and rebuild.

by Anonymousreply 218June 28, 2020 11:06 PM

ACT UP speaks up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 29, 2020 3:08 AM

The calls to resign have now spread to Corey Johnson. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 2, 2020 5:07 AM

Mayor Bill de Blasio @NYCMayor

On the 50th Anniversary of #PrideMarch and the 51st Anniversary of Stonewall, NYC celebrates the Black, trans activists who built the movement and continue to lead today.

by Anonymousreply 221July 2, 2020 5:59 AM

Wow, Bill, thanks for the history lesson! I had no idea the Mattachine Society was run and staffed by Black, trans activists.

by Anonymousreply 222July 2, 2020 11:40 AM

De Blasio's staffers are jumping ship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 2, 2020 12:43 PM

[quote]De Blasio's staffers are jumping ship.

Guaran-damn-tee you he has that crazy daughter on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 224July 2, 2020 12:54 PM

DeBlasio has created a perfect storm to benefit criminals and we are all paying now. Crime is rampant and the criminals are free to run the streets with guns and knives without any fear from police.

by Anonymousreply 225July 2, 2020 3:51 PM

how can you cut the budget by 1 fucking billion dollars when crime is rising in the city?

by Anonymousreply 226July 2, 2020 9:06 PM

R226 Because he didn't, though he should have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227July 3, 2020 9:28 PM

Not to worry, NYC has another 18 months of Dear Wilhelm.

by Anonymousreply 228July 4, 2020 12:36 AM

R223

They're all a bunch of political naifs in training; keenly eyeing next administrative position while waiting to run for public office.

Good riddance and good-bye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 4, 2020 2:32 AM

Ungrateful swinehunds! Such disloyalty after BdeB handed them generous wage increases just last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 4, 2020 2:33 AM

LOL This quote kills me.

[Quote] “Were it not for the fact that it’s hard to guarantee a paycheck right now, I think a lot more people would be headed for the exits,"

Still think he'll make it another 18 months? I don't think so. He barely squeaked out of June. I can't see him staying on past the summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231July 4, 2020 3:25 AM

. I don't follow the fantasy that deB will leave office. He's a lame duck who can do whatever he wants for the next18 months. Why the hell would he quit! It's a great time to reward your allies and try to screw your enemies,

by Anonymousreply 232July 4, 2020 3:42 AM

For last time BdeB isn't going anywhere, anyone who thinks so either doesn't live here and or is one sandwich short of a picnic basket.

Why would the mayor leave? Bad performance? What of it? He's term limited and thus doesn't have to face voters next year anyway.

More to the point of BdeB were to leave that J. Williams person becomes mayor; de Blasio will never give him that satisfaction.

Remember even a wounded tiger can kill. Whatever some of you may believe BdeB is still mayor of NYC and wields considerable power by virtue of that office.

by Anonymousreply 233July 4, 2020 3:46 AM

Shootings soar 205 percent after NYPD disbands anti-crime unit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234July 4, 2020 10:52 PM

DeBlasio and BLM are reasons why I won't give money or vote Dem any longer in NYC. They have destroyed the middle class completely. The city is now an unsafe, violent, dirty, overpriced, dystopia where the do nothing criminals have all the influence. The crime stats have convinced me.

by Anonymousreply 235July 4, 2020 11:12 PM

R231 your mouth to God's ear, but it isn't going to happen. The only way to get rid of Wilhelm before his term ends is to drag him physically, kicking and screaming, from his office and nobody is going to do that.

And I am in total agreement with r235.

by Anonymousreply 236July 4, 2020 11:32 PM

Furthermore BdeB as mayor still has power to dole out goodies, which he has done recently even as city's finances are going down the toilet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237July 4, 2020 11:34 PM

According to figures released by the NYPD, for the first six months of this year, there were 176 murders, an increase of 23 per cent on the 143 killed during the same period last year. T

he number of shooting victims has gone up 51 per cent to 616 this year. In June alone, there were 250 shootings compared to 97 in the same month last year.

Month-on-month, burglaries are up 119 per cent and

car thefts up 48 per cent.

Parts of Manhattan, famously the ‘city that never sleeps’, have begun to resemble a ghost town since 500,000 mostly wealthy and middle-class residents fled when Covid-19 struck in March.

New York state has suffered the highest death toll in America, with more than 24,000 dead, nearly 10,000 more than the second-hardest hit state, New Jersey, and eight times the number killed by terrorists on 9/11.

Streets once teeming with tourists are virtually empty. Shops and restaurants are boarded up to protect against looters. Hotels are closed. According to one resident: ‘New York has become a place where the soup kitchens are full and skyscrapers are empty.’

The Broadway theatre district sits in darkness, unlikely to open before next year. The subway, which once carried 750,000 commuters a day, is mainly deserted. In Times Square, a handful of street vendors offer hand-sanitiser and face masks in place of knock-off designer sunglasses and bags.

Police Benevolent Association president Patrick Lynch said: ‘How can we keep doing our job in this environment? Of course, a neutered police force is exactly what the anti-cop crowd wants. If we have no cops because no one wants to be a cop, they will have achieved their ultimate goal.’

by Anonymousreply 238July 5, 2020 2:08 AM

R238

It is confirmed by Broadway in NYC media this week, nothing will be opening until the new year.

They join virtually entire NYC performing arts scene (Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, etc....) in not reopening until sometime in January 2021.

For all you mary's moaning about giving people that $600 extra per week may I remind you plenty of our sisters and brothers in the theater/performing arts are being hurt financially by this extended shut down. Worse many of the side jobs they had also have closed down or reduced hours.

Huge Jackman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Stephen Sondheim and their lot will be fine. They can summer out in the Hamptons or upstate New York and return if or when things open in January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 5, 2020 3:13 AM

[Quote] The only way to get rid of Wilhelm before his term ends is to drag him physically, kicking and screaming, from his office and nobody is going to do that.

Don't be so sure of that. There's a reason de Blasio keeps barricading Gracie Mansion like a fortress, long after Trump stopping barricading the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 5, 2020 1:46 PM

LOL Residents keep leaving dead rats outside of Gracie Mansion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 5, 2020 1:48 PM

People attacked me a few weeks ago when I stated how dirty NYC has become. NYC is now a filthy, disgusting metropolis and it is only getting worse by the day. Thanks to feckless Mayor Bill and his unqualified wife.

by Anonymousreply 242July 5, 2020 1:51 PM

41 shootings last night!

by Anonymousreply 243July 5, 2020 8:11 PM

41 shootings last night!

by Anonymousreply 244July 5, 2020 8:11 PM

41, and the weekend isn't over yet. What do you think the demographics of the shooters and victims are.

by Anonymousreply 245July 5, 2020 8:28 PM

Ray Kelly was a good police commish. He worked under Dinkins and Bloomberg. We need a mayor who supports the police and not the fringes of the Democratic party and criminal elements.

I am so disgusted with DeBlasio at this point, I wish he would just disappear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 5, 2020 11:00 PM

Remember when he thought having a black lesbian wife was enough to qualify him to be President? That seems like 10 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 6, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote] having a black lesbian wife

Which the gay community should have very loudly condemned. If she married a man, then she's bi. Otherwise it sounds like she went through conversion therapy, and to whip an old saying, was a lesbian who finally found the right man to turn her straight.

by Anonymousreply 248July 6, 2020 1:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249July 6, 2020 1:57 AM

Ray Kelly used to regularly stop for breakfast at Florent very early in the morning on his way to work. He saw everything and knew everything. Nothing phased him. There was once an attempted robbery in the kitchen while he was eating there. He ran to the back with his gun drawn and they told him they didn't need his help, so he returned to the counter and finished his eggs. I loved Ray Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 250July 6, 2020 2:00 AM

^ You'll have to be of a certain age and geographical locale to understand Police Commissioner Kelly regularly eating at Florent and being comfortable with its clientele.

by Anonymousreply 251July 6, 2020 2:32 AM

R241

Grounds of Gracie Mansion if not actual strucutre have long had rodent problem. Adjacent Carl Schurz has plenty of rats as well, so those protesters likely didn't have to go far to find.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 6, 2020 2:44 AM

NYC period has a rodent problem. Now they are telling us we should compost heaps in out basements.

by Anonymousreply 253July 6, 2020 2:48 AM

Ray Kelly even admitted that the NYPD budget was not defunded, so those saying it has anything to do with the crime spike are flat out lying. This means Trump.

[Quote] Kelly called the New York City Council’s cutting $1 billion from the police department a “kind of kabuki financing,”

by Anonymousreply 254July 6, 2020 3:06 AM

Nick Cordero has died. Sorry I can't post this in the appropriate thread but i;ve been paywalled out.

by Anonymousreply 255July 6, 2020 3:14 AM

It should be considered fraud to have social media avatars as obscenely misleading as Yashar's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256July 6, 2020 3:21 AM

I miss Commissioner O'Neill, a brave guy and not a rightwing goon like Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 257July 6, 2020 5:38 PM

O'Neill was not even half qualified as Kelly, could not even lick his boots. Kelly actually protected against NY criminals, the other guy not so much.

by Anonymousreply 258July 6, 2020 6:37 PM

Where are all the DeBlasio apologists? I thought there would be hundreds of radical liberals shouting how wonderful and ethical Wilhelm and his wife are. What nothing?

by Anonymousreply 259July 6, 2020 10:20 PM

No, R259, the cunts either voted for this phony for a second term, knowing he was a fake progressive with a kleptocrat wife, and now they sit around whining as if they didn't help make this happen.... or they didn't bother to vote at all. They got what they asked for.... but unfortunately the rest of us have to suffer with it too.

by Anonymousreply 260July 6, 2020 10:23 PM

De Blasio admits that his racist police force will murder black people, but refuses to defund them. He just knows how to continue angering people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261July 7, 2020 12:36 AM

RE-fund the NYPD, brown and black people need protection from the animals running wild in the streets. HELP.

by Anonymousreply 262July 7, 2020 12:06 PM

^ Racist.

by Anonymousreply 263July 7, 2020 2:12 PM

R263 is a very disingenuous person, knows nothing about race in this land.

by Anonymousreply 264July 7, 2020 4:04 PM

[Quote] the animals

Racist.

by Anonymousreply 265July 7, 2020 4:33 PM

he's the most left wing mayor in nyc history yet is being eaten alive by those to the left of him. Cory Johnson tried to move to the left of DeBlasio and he is getting attacked from the left. The next mayor of NYC will be a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 266July 7, 2020 4:40 PM

What part of "animals" do you think specifies race, R265? Do you picture a certain race? That's on you.

All I picture is anyone running wild, violent, hurting innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 267July 7, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote]The next mayor of NYC will be a Republican.

No, none of the few Republicans in NYC want the job. It will be a Democrat that tracks to the center.

by Anonymousreply 268July 7, 2020 4:52 PM

Blobfish for mayor, R268.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269July 7, 2020 4:56 PM

fuck no R269.

by Anonymousreply 270July 7, 2020 5:15 PM

Dr. Zizmor for Mayor

by Anonymousreply 271July 7, 2020 5:23 PM

R265 implies that only certain races are animals, such a racist himself it feels.

by Anonymousreply 272July 7, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote]Not a single politician in this country is more reviled on all sides of the spectrum and so unanimously as Bill de Blasio.

You can OP is a Trumper from this statement alone. They completely lack awareness and always believe their audience thinks exactly like they do.

by Anonymousreply 273July 7, 2020 7:38 PM

Nobody can stand DeBlasio at this point in time, maybe his sexually confused former lesbian grifter wife

by Anonymousreply 274July 7, 2020 8:09 PM

Again for those of you that think BdeB is down and out.....

As those lines from Broadway tune go..... "There is evil, ever around. Fundamental system of government. Quite incidental...."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275July 8, 2020 4:55 AM

R273 OP here. Definitely not a Trumpster, but please make excuses for why de Blasio is so universally reviled by everyone. As I said earlier in this thread at R8, where's the de Blasio fan club? He has none. Meanwhile, we all know of the MAGA Trumpsters. We wouldn't be seeing calls for resignation and votes of no confidence in de Blasio if he wasn't so absolutely loathed by New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 276July 8, 2020 12:24 PM

Mayor Douchebag wants Central Park Karen prosecuted as a criminal matter, even though the birdwatching victim has no interest in seeing such a prosecution. This asswipe needs to look in the mirror about all the mayhem and destruction he has caused. Just a gross, ugly man inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 277July 8, 2020 12:24 PM

He won't even sign basic pieces of police reform. If this doesn't show much of a bootlicker de Blasio is, nothing will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 8, 2020 12:25 PM

[quote]Again for those of you that think BdeB is down and out.....As those lines from Broadway tune go..... "There is evil, ever around. Fundamental system of government. Quite incidental...."

I'm still here! Look who's here! I'm still heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!

by Anonymousreply 279July 8, 2020 1:15 PM

His wifey needs to get that spiked dildo back from the biker dyke she is friends with and use it on Billy Boy.

by Anonymousreply 280July 9, 2020 12:46 AM

NYPD limits retirement applications amid 400 percent surge this week

slave labor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 9, 2020 2:30 AM

Is that even legal? What will the polce union do in response?

by Anonymousreply 282July 9, 2020 3:24 AM

He's delusional. He actually ran for president this year with his dismal record.

by Anonymousreply 283July 9, 2020 3:39 AM

400 percent increase represents 179 applications for retirement. Not good but the Post picks the scariest statistic possible to report it. It's mostly about overtime restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 284July 9, 2020 3:28 PM

Overtime restrictions, r284? I though most NYC cops were working mandatory overtime these days. I know they were a few weeks ago when the protests and looting were at their height.

by Anonymousreply 285July 10, 2020 1:55 AM

^ I thought

by Anonymousreply 286July 10, 2020 1:56 AM

People!

OT restrictions are on civil service workers who process NYPD retirement applications, not officers or others in department filing their papers.

Limiting OT for non-uniformed workers is one way (lame as it may be) for city to deal with current fiscal mess.

They are only accepting volume of applications that can be processed M-F from 9 to 5 without any OT.

by Anonymousreply 287July 10, 2020 2:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 10, 2020 3:20 PM

Big sucks on you naysayers. Recent polls have 50% of city residents approving of job am doing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 11, 2020 6:01 AM

gee, i wish Giuliani was stll mayor, there were no rats anywhere, and all crime was supressed!

by Anonymousreply 290July 13, 2020 12:38 AM

Wishful drinking, OP.

by Anonymousreply 291July 13, 2020 12:42 AM

R259, thanks for posting that 50% of NYC residents disapprove of de Blasio's performance.

by Anonymousreply 292July 13, 2020 2:05 AM

^ Sorry, I meant r289.

by Anonymousreply 293July 13, 2020 2:06 AM

R289 See. Defunding the police is more popular than a lot of you elder gays think.

by Anonymousreply 294July 13, 2020 1:03 PM

AOC says......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 14, 2020 3:01 AM

Cuomo should sit his ass down and shut up. He also needs to resign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296July 14, 2020 4:07 PM

AOC is a nasty cunt and she is destroying the Democratic party day by day. Her destruction of Amazon coming to Queens is legend in NYC. So many good paying jobs dunzo because of this liberal nut job.

by Anonymousreply 297July 14, 2020 10:58 PM

[Quote] Her destruction of Amazon coming to Queens is legend in NYC.

Legendarily good, which is why she'll win reelection easily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298July 14, 2020 11:05 PM

Come on. Stop with the reich wing talking points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 14, 2020 11:06 PM

Bill DeBlasio and AOC are just 2 examples of why moderate Democrats will be leaving the party of far left wing nuts. Can't stand either. NYC is more dangerous and dirtier than ever before and these tax and spend liberals are just making matters worse with their "don't work if you don't want to" the govt will support you attitudes. Remember when AOC said the govt should support anyone who chooses not to work????? What a champ.

by Anonymousreply 300July 15, 2020 5:38 PM

r300 as always the moderates will swoop in to be the adults in the room again. Then again the Primaries will make it impossible for a responsible Democrat to take over.

by Anonymousreply 301July 15, 2020 7:24 PM

good on those who opposed King Bezos' invasion of queens - all of them, especially gianaris. giess what, contards - amazon has since located just as many jobs in NY C, without the giveaways. AOC deserves only a little credit for this, despite the ignorant posts you may read above.

by Anonymousreply 302July 16, 2020 12:38 AM

The defections continue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 16, 2020 6:07 PM

R303

BdeB is entering lame duck status; people are leaving while the getting is good. Many probably are anticipating Biden winning in November and have their C.V. ready looking for jobs. That or when Torres, Bowman and or the rest of AOC types win in November they will be needing staffers in Washington......

Mayor paid these kids fuckton of money (in most instances over $100k per year), so think most will be fine without work for several months.

by Anonymousreply 304July 17, 2020 12:25 AM

I hope Mrs. DeBlasio crawls into her hole of hatred and we never hear from her again. She can take her dopey husband with her.

by Anonymousreply 305July 17, 2020 2:22 PM

I have a horrible sinking feeling that Chirlaine The Grifter has a future ahead of her in national politics.

by Anonymousreply 306July 17, 2020 3:01 PM

I would laugh my ass off if Joe Biden announces his surprise VP pick as Chirlaine DeBlasio. That would be the winning ticket to somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 307July 17, 2020 4:18 PM

More clownery from de Blasio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308July 18, 2020 5:23 PM

Mayor Asswipe is what I call him.

by Anonymousreply 309July 18, 2020 6:23 PM

When will NYC have another great Mayor?

by Anonymousreply 310July 19, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote]Bill DeBlasio and AOC are just 2 examples of why moderate Democrats will be leaving the party of far left wing nuts.

R300 I don't know. I know lots of moderate Democrats. BdB and AOC aren't their cup of tea at all. But the Republican brand is also toxic for them. Where do these politically homeless people go?

by Anonymousreply 311July 19, 2020 6:46 AM

[Quote] Where do these politically homeless people go?

To hell.

by Anonymousreply 312July 19, 2020 2:54 PM

"Moderate Democrats should go to hell," really, R312? Then don't cry when Trump wins a second term, because those moderate Dems are the ones we need in order to win elections.

by Anonymousreply 313July 19, 2020 3:41 PM

R313 I'm not going to cry about it. I already know that Trump is going to win re-election because Democrats, with their "moderate" allies, have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The "white moderate," as Malcom X referred to them, can go to hell. I am more optimistic about the protests and riots in the streets because we've made more progress on the issue of policing in one month than we have in decades as a result of them. Burning police precincts down is more popular than Biden and Trump. This is how you get results. To hell with the "moderates."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314July 19, 2020 4:15 PM

G314, good luck with your progress. ha. I won't vote for any politician who utters the talking point of defund the police and I am NOT alone. The police need to arrest criminals and when a weapon is involved all bets are off, I am ok with the cops using whatever they can to get the criminal to stop and restore safety to the streets.

by Anonymousreply 315July 19, 2020 9:53 PM

[Quote] I won't vote for any politician who utters the talking point of defund the police and I am NOT alone

Then I guess you're a Republican now. Congratulations. You are a dying breed, completely irrelevant to the future

by Anonymousreply 316July 20, 2020 1:10 PM

R316. If you think anyone who is against DEFUND the police is a Republican you are in trouble. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 317July 20, 2020 1:52 PM

R317 There are a lot of Republicans in this country, you among them. Meanwhile....

[Quote] A majority of black Americans support the movement to "defund the police," (57%) and putting the money towards other community programs (64%), a departure from the other groups. Support among blacks for the "defund the police" movement is more than double that of whites (26%), and black Americans are nearly twice as likely as whites (33%) to back key tenets of the movement. An equal 42% of Hispanics support both.

Considering black people are the ones most disproportionately effected by policing, and considering the US will become a non white majority within 30 years, it can be said that their opinion will be the majority one, not yours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 20, 2020 4:04 PM

R318. Anyone who believes that defunding the police will make the Democratic party stronger should run for office. I will not vote for anyone who wants to defund the police. Safety and low crime is what matters. Nobody wants criminals running wild in most decent neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 319July 20, 2020 5:18 PM

R319, the sad irony is that it's the people living in the worst neighborhoods who are most affected by crime. A stroller pushing mom in Park Slope is much, much less likely to have her baby killed by a stray bullet than a stroller-pushing mom in East New York. In other words, rising crime rates affect poorer people and minorities first and worst.

And the Park Slope mom has the means to move somewhere safer. The East New York mom is stuck.

But we keep being told that keeping criminals in jail is racist.

It's easy to say that when you're not the one being preyed on by those criminals. You're safe at home reading the Times on your Kindle while NPR softly lulls you in the background.

by Anonymousreply 320July 20, 2020 5:26 PM

Criminals of all stripes belong in jail, especially criminals who use weapons.

by Anonymousreply 321July 20, 2020 5:48 PM

People who care about others being shot and killed and terrorized by local gangs should be grateful that even Trump wants to do something about it. DeBlasio keeps making excuses while the city burns to the ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322July 20, 2020 6:08 PM

[Quote] I will not vote for anyone who wants to defund the police.

You're not a Democrat. Why would anyone care about your opinion in Democratic majority cities?

[Quote] the sad irony is that it's the people living in the worst neighborhoods who are most affected by crime

And yet those communities are the ones that support the defund the police movement in greater numbers. Perhaps you might to do some research into why that is instead of espousing GOP talking points.

[Quote] But we keep being told that keeping criminals in jail is racist.

This quote reeks of MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 323July 20, 2020 7:02 PM

Defund the police is a LOSING position and it will not be tolerated by the millions of moderates in this country who want racial injustice to end but also want criminals off the streets. I say FUND the police and give them more OT in the drug infested areas to arrest the ones who make life miserable for the millions of poor people in NYC. Let the DeBlasios live in the projects and see how bad it is.

by Anonymousreply 324July 20, 2020 8:09 PM

[Quote] Defund the police is a LOSING position and it will not be tolerated by the millions of moderates in this country

Too bad, so sad. No one gives a fuck about the "moderates" aka subtle racists anymore.

[Quote] I say FUND the police and give them more OT in the drug infested areas

That's nice that you say that, but no one cares what Trumpsters like you have to say, especially not in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 325July 20, 2020 8:46 PM

R325 ..more poor people will die because the criminals are running the streets. DeBlasio and his supporters have blood on their hands and death in their hearts. The people suffering are NOT Trump voters, they are perfectly fine. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 326July 20, 2020 9:22 PM

Would like to remind everyone who WWed R324's comment that he's the same one who wrote the section 8 comments that everyone here FFed, mocked Chiara's mental health issues, called Democrats "libs" and praised the Rumpster for doing a good job. Think about that.

by Anonymousreply 327July 20, 2020 9:31 PM

Also from R324 on another thread.

[Quote] I am 50 and cannot find anyone, and I mean anyone interested in me who is close to my age on Grindr.

Perhaps it's because you're a disgusting MAGA Rumpster. Ever think about that?

by Anonymousreply 328July 20, 2020 9:33 PM

R328 You must be one of those libs without the ability to support your argument and rely on self hating tactics. Too bad indeed.

by Anonymousreply 329July 20, 2020 11:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330July 22, 2020 11:59 AM

Not de Blasio related, but this is what Corey Johnson looks like these days: absolute shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331July 23, 2020 8:44 PM

Also unrelated, but here's corrupt shitty council woman Laurie Cumbo complaining about DSA being a bunch of "white gentrifiers," despite the fact that she took money from the same real estate developers who gentrified her district for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332July 24, 2020 12:22 AM

Not to mention that actual black people in her district hate her guts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333July 24, 2020 12:22 AM

De Blasio can't believe this was asked by Brian Lehrer because it's true.

[Quote] Is your mayoralty failure in reinventing the NYPD? - @BrianLehrer

[Quote] "The question I just cant believe you would ask that," - @NYCMayor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334July 24, 2020 3:57 PM

Another day in the big city where the public is safe to go to a local store to shop. DeBlasio and his accomplice wife have police security so they don't have to deal with these unpleasantries. The city is in rapid decline and a law and order Mayor is needed. So sad and disgusting how people act. Who are these kids parents and why can't we hold them responsible? If they receive any type of govt funded services, they should be reduced to pay for the damages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335July 24, 2020 11:08 PM

Those poor people who got the crap beaten out of them were Mexican immigrants trying to run a business and earn an honest living. Hey, De Bullshito. You never shut the fuck up about how much you care about immigrants and how you need NYC to be a sanctuary city and how Black Lives Matter. Well, now you see how hardworking immigrants live under the threat of violence, with no hope of protection and virtually no chance that the perpetrators will be punished -- and even in the unlikely event they're arrested, they won't have to put up any bail. So when the rubber meets the road, do immigrant lives matter? Do Mexican lives matter? In fact, does anyone's life really matter to you, you narcissist?

by Anonymousreply 336July 24, 2020 11:36 PM

This am in the Daily News they reported 3 men in their 20s ID'd and on the loose. All 3 have a lengthy criminal record, what a shock! The black community is helping to hide them it seems. Let's paint Mexican Lives Matter in front of the Apollo Theater so the people there all know and remember this disgusting actions by these thugs. The Mexican immigrants work hard and are derided for that in Harlem by the locals, it happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 337July 25, 2020 1:18 PM

Yep, R337. Looks like in the Victimhood Sweepstakes, black men -- specifically, criminal black men -- outscore everyone else, including black women, non-criminal black men, black children, immigrants, Mexicans, Latinos in general, immigrants in general, Muslims, women, children, and every other "victim" group you can possibly imagine. Black Lives Matter more, period.

by Anonymousreply 338July 25, 2020 2:36 PM

R338. I hope these 3 criminals are found and put away for many years. As adults they have done nothing productive for society and have made so many other law abiding citizens in their neighborhood suffer. I wish nothing but misery for these low lives.

by Anonymousreply 339July 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Has any more information come out about that assault? Was that gang trying to pay the owner and his daughter back for something or was it just a group of feral individuals?

by Anonymousreply 340July 25, 2020 4:09 PM

more killings in the city.....anyone who thinks the living is safe try moving to one of the poorer neighborhoods and see how safe you feel. Mayor DeBlasio has no idea how unsafe people feel. The economy in these areas suffer more when people are afraid to go out and live in fear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341July 25, 2020 4:18 PM

Even a celebrity spawn in unsafe in NYC. When will DeBlasio put an end to this violence and mayhem in the city? It seems the cretins of the world are winning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342July 26, 2020 12:04 PM

Part of the reason de Blasio hasn't received more calls to resign is because New Yorkers don't know who he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 28, 2020 12:36 AM

He's a disgrace and deserves to be embarrassed. I have huge issues with Cuomo, but he needs to ask BdB to resign. He's fucking awful. More concerned with painting some giant ass BLM in front of Trump Tower (like that fat orange fuck will see it) than doing something about the vandalism and graffiti popping up everywhere.

And the fucking cops need to do their job. Just because they get shit, doesn't mean their paychecks have stopped. You live here, too, assholes. Do your fucking jobs. Lord knows you were quick to whine about some ShakeShack HOAX.

by Anonymousreply 344July 28, 2020 12:40 AM

DeBlasio is a bigger disappointment than the Yugo family sedan.

by Anonymousreply 345July 28, 2020 1:24 AM

DeBlasio needs a sex tape pronto to get him some street cred. I would love to see him and Stormy Daniels get it on, can you imagine how upset Trump would be????

by Anonymousreply 346July 28, 2020 11:51 AM

[quote]can you imagine how upset Trump would be????

Imagining how Trump feels is what earned him some of the hatred he experiences now. Painting "BLM" in front of Trump Tower while the city descends into chaos wasn't the best move of his career.

by Anonymousreply 347July 28, 2020 3:31 PM

Exactly, R347. I said that in another thread. Who in the hell cares that you painted BLM in front of Trump Tower if the rest of the city is going to shit? If graffiti and vandalism is popping up everywhere else, this is meaningless. Trump isn't seeing your stupid shit, so you're not "owning" him. And he's focused on painting it in every borough. How the fuck is that helping anyone. If anything, whatever BLM is supposed to represent is making people resent it specifically because of nonsense, money and time wasted on painting it on a street. And he's not done there, he wants to change street names, too. None of this does anything to help the situation. How is no one telling him that none of this is good for whatever cause he thinks he's pushing.

by Anonymousreply 348July 28, 2020 3:48 PM

[quote] How is no one telling him that none of this is good for whatever cause he thinks he's pushing.

I think those surrounding him are just trying to hold on to their jobs. But maybe they realize that he's a putz and will never be anything more than he is right now and so just let him fizzle and burn out. He'll never be POTUS or governor, so why waste good ideas on him?

by Anonymousreply 349July 28, 2020 3:59 PM

Tiffany & Company must be pissed off being so close to the BLM paint job on Fifth Avenue, it downgrades its upscale look.

by Anonymousreply 350July 28, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote]I think those surrounding him are just trying to hold on to their jobs.

Some of them. But note half a dozen of his most senior aides have left in the past few months.

by Anonymousreply 351July 28, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote] Some of them. But note half a dozen of his most senior aides have left in the past few months.

Possibly because this is a national election year? Would they have left even if he was the most brilliant mayor? I don't know, I'm just guessing.

by Anonymousreply 352July 28, 2020 5:55 PM

[Quote] Would they have left even if he was the most brilliant mayor?

No, they would not. Look at some of the other mayors across the country who are nearly as bad as de Blasio. You're not hearing about defections out of the administrations of Lori Lightfoot, Ted Wheeler, Jenny Durkan, Jacob Frey and Eric Garcetti, despite how horrible of a job they are doing during this crisis. The anger is really focused on de Blasio because of just how bad he is doing. It's on a level that no one else in politics, on top of Trump, can compete with. That's why you're seeing the defections and why the only people who will work for him are clowns like Bill Neidhardt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353July 28, 2020 6:57 PM

Welcome to Needle Park.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354July 28, 2020 10:10 PM

DeBlasio's daughter is a loser who was with a group of cretins who were throwing objects at the police and not peacefully protesting a few weeks back. She was arrested. Keep in mind that no peaceful protester was arrested only the ones throwing rocks and debris at the police. DeBlasio said he was very proud of her. That's the kind of asswipe mayor we have.

by Anonymousreply 355July 28, 2020 10:46 PM

Now Trump supporter Shea is getting the home protests LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356July 29, 2020 10:55 PM

De Blasio is going to be responsible for another Covid spike as a result of his foolhardy rush to reopen schools without a safety plan. The City Council is complicit in allowing this to happen. The whole government should be disbanded over their gross negligence and incompotence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 30, 2020 2:50 PM

Speaking of defections, another one of his staffers is leaving....to work for just as a big of a loser, Amy Klobachur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358July 30, 2020 3:22 PM

But I don't think the teachers will be going to school...they are against it.

Cuomo is really killing the small businesses...

The next mayor will have a very tough role...

by Anonymousreply 359July 30, 2020 3:27 PM

I think he list credibility when Cuomo took the lead during the pandemic. De Blasio was forced to the sidelines as the governor countermanded any action he wanted to take

by Anonymousreply 360July 30, 2020 3:56 PM

The next mayoral election is already a shit show: No clear frontrunner in a sea of de Blasio enabling clowns. Unless someone rallies from outside of the system soon, we risk another Giuliani on our hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 30, 2020 4:08 PM

Oh Dear Lord I hope someone like this guy runs and wins Mayor of NYC. He is no nonsense and believe criminals need to be in jail, ya think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362July 30, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote]Oh Dear Lord I hope someone like this guy runs and wins Mayor of NYC. He is no nonsense and believe criminals need to be in jail, ya think?

We don't need another Bloomberg. This guy will finish selling off the city to the rich.

by Anonymousreply 363July 30, 2020 4:28 PM

R363 The troll you're replying to is a reich wing Trump supporter. Just ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 364July 30, 2020 4:48 PM

R364 has no idea who voted for Trump or anyone else. He is the true troll in the picture, probably with a micropenis.

by Anonymousreply 365July 30, 2020 6:30 PM

De Blasio's ex staffers speak out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366July 31, 2020 4:49 PM

Calling someone who thinks DeBlasio is a douche bag who allows criminals free reign and is against that does not fit MY definition of a reich wing Trump supporter, in fact it sounds more like the commenter himself is a far left libtard. That is the only type of person supporting DeBlasio at this time.

by Anonymousreply 367July 31, 2020 5:34 PM

[quote]He is now completely letting the cops run over him and the entire city — and that is not what I signed up for," said one former staffer who recently stepped down.

I think this person is seriously mixed up. From day one, the police and de Blasio have hated each other. The police turn their backs on him during parades, etc because they don't feel the support from him.

If de Blasio allowed the cops free reign, we wouldn't be seeing the spike in crime we see. De Blasio is NOT allowing the cops to run over him.

by Anonymousreply 368July 31, 2020 5:41 PM

[Quote] De Blasio is NOT allowing the cops to run over him.

Sure Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369July 31, 2020 5:53 PM

DeBlasio is a corrupt far left liberal and does nothing to help the average NYer. If you have money and give him big donations he will see you. He is the essence of corrupt. His wife is the embodiment of corrupt with her mental health crapola money grab. Too bad for the NYers who are not getting needed help.

by Anonymousreply 370July 31, 2020 6:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371July 31, 2020 10:53 PM

DeBlasio is a failure under any measurement. He has a big stick up his ass and allows the homeless to spread covid and take shits in people's buildings. These residents are not the wealthy with doormen, just average working Joes who don't get any respect from mayor Douchebag. Hope someone with a plan is the next mayor. One who believes in the rule of law and the value of a job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372August 2, 2020 3:18 PM

The New York Times @nytimes · 50m Breaking News: New York City’s health commissioner resigned after clashing with Mayor Bill de Blasio over his handling of the coronavirus outbreak

by Anonymousreply 373August 4, 2020 4:20 PM

DeBlasio is a jerk, moron, and corrupt politician. His wife is an enabler and is not qualified to be a mental health advocate on any level. I hope they get face to face time with Trump in prison one day for their graft and I hope it brings comfort to the many crime victims who suffer needlessly thanks to DeBlasio and his dopey support for the ones who wish to do harm to others.

by Anonymousreply 374August 4, 2020 4:35 PM

Just another day in Mayor DeBlasio's NYC. It is a shame that the wealthy 1 percent who paid to raise these thugs are finally moving to other places and the money drain on the city is starting. People will find the police won't be able to control the criminal elements and the economy will implode further. The real people to suffer will be poor NYers who are law abiding and live amongst these cretins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375August 5, 2020 12:15 PM

Excuse me. I don't like the premise of that headline. Barbot didn't resign in protest. I fired her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 6, 2020 10:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377August 7, 2020 12:28 PM

You know the mayor hates the cops and the top cop lives right in that neighborhood! It's his way of saying FU!

by Anonymousreply 378August 9, 2020 3:59 AM

de Blasio can't come to terms with the fact he is a lame duck and he's never going anywhere else or higher.

When's his term up?

How much longer do we have to endure this?

by Anonymousreply 379August 9, 2020 6:51 AM

R378 Not even remotely true.

R379 His term ends January 2022. We can't afford to wait that long, especially as he wants to dangerously reopen schools and the courts. Corey needs a good kick in the ass to force a vote of no confidence in him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380August 9, 2020 12:01 PM

De Blasio has barricaded himself in at Gracie Mansion for the past three months like a tyrant. If this doesn't show the signs of a failed leader...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381August 9, 2020 12:33 PM

I fucking hate this mayor, but can the losers who keep posting from that garbage Murdoch rag give it a rest and find a credible source? Because even if the city was doing great right now under this asshole, they'd praise Trump for it if they could.

You don't make your case using that shit.

by Anonymousreply 382August 9, 2020 12:36 PM

^ This better?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383August 9, 2020 1:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 10, 2020 12:17 PM

I'm sure the victim was no prize either. Sorry, but it's how I feel these days.

by Anonymousreply 385August 10, 2020 12:27 PM

Ms. Corey Johnson is angry and lashing out at all the council members who didn't vote for de Blasio's budget for embarrassing him and tanking his political future. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386August 11, 2020 12:10 AM

De Blasio turns his back on New Yorkers...literally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387August 13, 2020 3:40 AM

The NY Pig department endorses Trump. This is who de Blasio has bootlicked for and shielded from accountability for the past six years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388August 15, 2020 12:57 PM

Anyone here who says that de Blasio is an "anti-cop" "communist" is a deluded fascist that needs to be IP banned forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389August 15, 2020 12:58 PM

in fact, R389, he seems to be doing his level best to kiss up to the cops.

by Anonymousreply 390August 15, 2020 3:38 PM

Ed Mullins, the head of the pig union, threatens de Blasio again. Not the one who spoke at Rump's convention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391August 28, 2020 11:55 PM

There's now a class action suit against him to open restaurants for indoor dining. NYC has met the metrics for reopening and the rest of the state has already moved towards opening.

by Anonymousreply 392August 28, 2020 11:58 PM

When is Mrs. DeBlasio getting indicted for stealing $600 million in tax dollars for her mental health initiative. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 393August 29, 2020 12:20 AM

I hate the pig union, but I agree with him. Get the de Blasios OUT. They both fucking suck.

by Anonymousreply 394August 29, 2020 1:38 AM

Look at me everybody! I hate deBlssio the most! Can I be part of your club now?

by Anonymousreply 395August 29, 2020 3:14 AM

De Blasio has had a lot of embarrassing and disastrous things happen to him over the last few weeks, from the continued delays of school reopening to his disastrous handling of the homeless crisis on the Upper West Side, which has been documented on the DL. Here's part of why he's been so unable to handle it. His staff is as incompetent as he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396September 18, 2020 12:46 PM

The people of NYC don't deserve a good guy like him. Go back to Gov Newsom of California and his drinking and womanizing and lying about going to rehab and cheating with married woman.

by Anonymousreply 397September 18, 2020 12:57 PM

Anyone who think Maya Wiley will be a good mayor after this jerk needs to be on meds.

by Anonymousreply 398September 18, 2020 12:57 PM

[Quote] The people of NYC don't deserve a *horribly incompetent* guy like him

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 399September 18, 2020 1:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 18, 2020 2:32 PM

[Quote] Mayor de Blasio cut $1 billion from the NYPD's budget in June amid calls to defund the force

I wish people would stop saying this because it simply isn't true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 18, 2020 2:34 PM

R400, another troll.

by Anonymousreply 402September 19, 2020 3:17 AM

DeBlasio sucks troll cock when his lesbian wife is away for the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 403September 19, 2020 11:31 PM

The NY Times front cover image today is de Blasio mooning the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404September 22, 2020 1:48 PM

Corey Johnson is an incompetent who is not even a college graduate. The surge in shootings is largely occurring in poor black and brown neighborhoods btw. That is, poor people are suffering the most in the progressive utopia that DeBlasio wants to create.

by Anonymousreply 405September 22, 2020 2:24 PM

Does anyone know who's planning to run on the Republican side? Given how shitty DeBlasio has been and how unimpressive most of the Democratic candidates are, I won't be surprised if we end up with a Republican next time.

by Anonymousreply 406September 23, 2020 3:11 PM

Yeah, a bunch of losers including Curtis Sliwa (Melinda Katz's baby daddy), Giuliani's son and some other low profile losers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407September 23, 2020 4:25 PM

Scott Stringer is running.

by Anonymousreply 408September 23, 2020 5:34 PM

New York City mayor expanding furlough days to more employees across city agencies

From CNN's Sheena Jones

In addition to previously announced furlough days for the mayor and his staff, the city of New York will now mandate all managerial and underrepresented city employees to furlough for five days, NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio said Wednesday at the city’s daily Covid-19 conference.

Staff will be expected to furlough for five days starting October through March, the mayor’s office said.

“We’re hurting,” the mayor said when speaking about the city’s budget.

Over 9,000 employees in total will be furloughed and that will save the city over $21-million dollars, the mayor said.

by Anonymousreply 409September 23, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote] “We’re hurting,” the mayor said when speaking about the city’s budget.

While his wife watches him say this and giggles.

by Anonymousreply 410September 23, 2020 6:37 PM

I am a Democrat who will happily vote for anyone and I mean anyone (do you hear that Puxatawney Phil) who is not connected to DeBlasio and his administration. This includes Andrew Giuliani and the homeless man who urinates on the side of my apartment building. ANYONE is better than the egotistical jerk we have now.

by Anonymousreply 411September 23, 2020 8:16 PM

Guess who is not going to be mayor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412September 25, 2020 12:12 AM

Guess who is not going to be mayor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413September 25, 2020 12:12 AM

My guess is Ms. Wiley. God do I hope I am correct on this guess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414September 25, 2020 4:29 PM

He’s in office until 2021, then NYC will elect ANOTHER democratic mayor that the ducking retarded baby-brained fat assed NYPD (aka Long Island Police Force) can whine about.

The fat slob suburban police force got used to having their globulous asses kissed by GOP mayors. 2 terms of Giuliani, 3 terms of Bloomberg. They threw a baby shit fit when, in the minds of the Obese Police, black people elected a democratic mayor with a black wife & kids. The Fat Squad didn’t like that one bit & doesn’t feel black people in NYC should be voting in black mayors or white mayors with black families.

And I got news, it’s not just white cops who think this way. It’s also the Latin & Asian cops. The wide-load Latin cops move out to Suffolk county just like their corpulent white brethren. The Asians stay in Queens though. So far the Asian cops aren’t as fat as the white & Latin cops, but their necks are getting beefier.

Either way, they’re all going to whine until another GOP lower-cheek-pecker is in office. I don’t think it’s going to happen, unless the GOP nominates a celebrity. Dems should start looking into celebs who want to be mayor. A Donny Deutsche type celeb would be a shoo-in.

by Anonymousreply 415September 25, 2020 4:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!