Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you eat for breakfast every day?

Mix it up? Same thing daily? No breakfast at all? Healthy stuff? Complete trash (plastic-wrapped "muffins" for example)?

by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2020 7:26 PM

I need some breakfast ides for a lazy person. I would like to eat yogurt every morning, but I can't eat it every day because it clogs me up - even that kind with fiber.

I usually just eat fruit or a piece of toast. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2020 11:15 AM

*ideas

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2020 11:18 AM

30 years: The world's best breakfast, coffee and cigarettes.

After quitting smoking: 1/2 cup Alpen no sugar added muesli, one or two peeled, grated apples. Sometimes I add 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt. Mix and enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2020 11:21 AM

I mix it up. English muffins w/ butter and jam, half a bagel w/ cream cheese, cereal and milk, eggs over easy, onion and pepper omelette, and pancakes or waffles w/ blueberries or bananas if I'm exercising hard that day.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2020 11:38 AM

two slices of toast with jam, honey and/or nutella. And a cup of black tea, usually Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Ceylon, Assam or English Breakfast. Often also a glass of orange juice. At weekends occacionally also a boiled egg.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2020 11:49 AM

Breakfast is very plain and high fiber. And uniform. No surprises.

I like the surprises at lunch

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2020 11:51 AM

95% of the time I would have toast with either peanut butter, pâté or marmite. I’m not a fan of cooked breakfasts ie eggs bacon hash brown etc. but I do enjoy the odd pancake for special treats. Also not a fan of porridge.

I wanted to try something new so I grabbed a random box of Muesli from the supermarket and it was bloody delicious. I’ve never had muesli at all before but I’ve clearly been missing out. I’ll have to try out different varieties of the brand to see what else I like.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2020 11:52 AM

Fiber plus protein for breakfast. Oatmeal with peanut butter or walnuts, blueberries, lots of sweet spices, a dab of brown sugar or solo apricot filling, milk. Used to think porridge was boring. Like plain fried rice, you need to add lots of stuff to it.

Healthy pancakes which include yogurt, eggs & chia seeds, no butter. Amazon Fresh natural turkey sausage which includes spices, a variety of sliced fruit, a dab of maple syrup.

Coffee with both choices. Herb tea during the day.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2020 11:58 AM

When I first get up, I'm not hungry (unlike the cats) and have no physical or mental energy, so breakfast has to be something that can be prepared and consumed with minimal effort. I make a double blender batch (12 cups) of smoothies every other week and freeze them in 2 cup jars, then defrost a jar every other day and drink 1 cup each morning. Always the same ingredients because they're cheap, available, healthy, and taste good: oranges, frozen blueberries, honey, bananas, plain yogurt. And black coffee, brewed in an electric drip pot with a timer so it's ready when I am.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2020 12:25 PM

Today it will be a baked potato with grated cheddar and sour cream.

Often it's shaken eggs with roasted potatoes.

Or it might be oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, and fruit, usually berries. I'll probably have this tomorrow, with blueberries. I'm hungry much sooner after eating this breakfast than any other.

I wish I liked yogurt, but I don't. I keep trying to eat it. I keep finding it vile.

I never, ever eat any sort of muffin or Danish wrapped in plastic at any meal. Pastry sweat disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2020 12:30 PM

For the last 10 years, I've been eating a bowl of spaghetti with any kind of pasta sauce, and one smoked sausage cut up and mixed into the mess. My partner, I'm sure, despairs of me, because he's into healthy eating and is an excellent cook. He never says anything, though, just eyes the bowl.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2020 12:40 PM

If I'm feeling hungry and motivated= three egg whites scrambled with some cheddar cheese, a turkey sausage link or two and a piece of buttered toast. Unmotivated= a protein bar.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2020 12:41 PM

I try to change it up, or it gets boring:

- A 2-egg omelet with Italian sausage or sliced hotdogs, sometimes neither, shredded cheese or ricotta, flavored with Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. Rye or wheat toast. Spicy tomato juice. If it's going to be what I consider the fattiest meal of the day, I'll take my vitamins.

- Oatmeal with prunes, apples, walnuts, cinnamon and some peanut powder. Sometimes with other, dried fruits: cherries, blueberries, raisins

-Avocado toast on seeded rye, flavored with Trader Joe's Chili/Lime sprinkle and black pepper. Maybe a slice or two of Swiss cheese(imported only, the domestic seems to lack a lot of flavor)

-Shredded wheat, Cheerios or Wheat Chex with fruit and rice milk.

-Hummus, with pita or Triscuits, tomatoes, carrots and some fresh fruit.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2020 1:24 PM

Muesli rusks and coffee

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2020 1:38 PM

Cak and graxy.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2020 1:41 PM

Fruit and yogurt and then leftovers or occasionally an egg.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2020 1:42 PM

2 ingredient pancake: 1 mashed banana to 2 eggs ratio, mixed together, lumps are fine. Ginger or other spices like cinnamon optional. Cook with a little butter in fry pan. Top with honey, yoghurt, other chopped fruit etc. Unbelievably quick to make.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2020 1:49 PM

70% of the time cold cereal with Splenda, unsweetened vanilla almond milk and either berries or bananas. 20% of the time steel-cut oatmeal with Splenda, almond milk, some kind of dried fruit and some kind of nuts. 10% of the time--eggs (scrambled or omelet), breakfast meat, English muffin, toast, or bagel. Coffee.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2020 4:52 PM

Today I sauteed some mushrooms, then folded them into scrambled eggs with some extra-sharp cheddar. Sour cream on top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2020 11:23 AM

Usually no breakfast. Sometimes a homemade green smoothie, low carb bread with cheese or peanut butter or scrambled eggs and mushrooms

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2020 11:24 AM

I've only really started eating breakfast since work from home measures were enforced. It's usually just scrambled eggs and toast or oatmeal with a little brown sugar and milk, but will occasionally throw leftover veg or sausage into a frittata, or eat nothing but bagels and cream cheese all week if they're in the house.

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2020 11:36 AM

Ham steak, sausage, potatoes, beans, bacon, eggs, and a side of toast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2020 11:43 AM

Breakfast is 7 hours hours after I wake and it is a vegetable, protein and grain.

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2020 11:45 AM

2 eggs, whether scrambled or in a French "white" omelet, and two pieces of toast. Almost every day. Sometimes add fruit.

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2020 11:59 AM

It's important not to brown your omelette, r24, [italic]a l'américaine[/italic] . (Or is it racist to say that now?)

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2020 12:02 PM

This morning for breakfast I'm having - Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Orange, Mango, Honey dew, Cherries, Apple, Banana.

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2020 12:36 PM

Eggs a la francaise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2020 12:39 PM

Coffee and a carb. Anything else is too much work.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2020 12:39 PM

If I have time two egg whites. If not? I just don't eat.

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2020 8:34 PM

R22 isn't that a traditional English breakfast? You could add kippers. Fuck the English can do breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2020 9:56 PM

A varied combination of omelet, sausage/bacon, oatmeal, muffins/biscuits/toast, sometimes grits, oj, big pot of coffee.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2020 10:10 PM

I usually have a poached egg on a toasted English muffin with a slice of melted cheese, and a cup of coffee. But every once in a while I'll just have a bowl of bran cereal.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2020 10:18 PM

I usually have a big breakfast because I always have my lunch late, so breakfast is usually one of these selections: - Slices of toast topped by parmesan cheese and slices of tomatoes heated in the oven till the cheese melts. - Falafel in pita bread with tahini, and slices of tomatoes and cucumber. - Two eggs omelette with Feta cheese + 2 slices of toast. - Cheese (cheddar, blue cheese etc.) French fries + slices of cucumber + baguette bread. - 3 pieces of meat pie + salad. Before coffee there is always something sweet in small quantity like chocolate cake, apple pie or whatever is available

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2020 10:29 PM

Good grief, R33, so much food would put me right to sleep!

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2020 10:33 PM

Large coffee plus oatmeal & toast or eggs & toast or 2 Eggo waffles (1x wk)

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2020 10:37 PM

Nuts'N'Honey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2020 10:39 PM

I make a protein shake every morning that counts as breakfast. The next food is usually a mid-morning snack.

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2020 10:39 PM

Almost always cereal, Kashi Go Lean original. It has 52% of the necessary daily fiber and has worked wonders in that department for me. I mix it with raisins and a variety of other cereals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2020 10:45 PM

My husband’s ass

by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2020 11:37 PM

A bowl of steel-cut oats, or bite-size shredded wheat with cinnamon, fresh blueberries and reduced fat milk, along with one or two cups of coffee with a teaspoon of sugar and a splash of half and half, followed by a large glass of water. Once in a very great while, I will have eggs, cheese and sausage with an English muffin.

by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2020 12:00 AM

Plain Faje Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries. Good protein, no carbs.

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2020 12:05 AM

[quote]This morning for breakfast I'm having - Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Orange, Mango, Honey dew, Cherries, Apple, Banana.

This afternoon, you're spending on the toilet. Are you on a cleanse diet?

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2020 12:09 AM

Cum.

by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2020 12:25 AM

Some days it's yogurt and berries, others eggs and toast, but always coffee.

by Anonymousreply 44June 11, 2020 12:29 AM

coffee and a marlboro light

by Anonymousreply 45June 11, 2020 12:32 AM

Eggs and bacon

by Anonymousreply 46June 11, 2020 12:44 AM

Lately one cup of Rice Krispies with one cup unsweetened almond milk, topped with sliced banana.

by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2020 2:43 AM

C'mon kids, you're not going off to school without a hot breakfast inside you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2020 3:32 AM

Listen R42- I had a colonoscopy and the doctor said I was as clean as a whistle-NO POLYPS.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2020 4:12 AM

Two cups of freshly-ground coffee made in my french press while I read my online newspapers on my front porch. Lunch about 1pm when I start to feel hungry.

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2020 4:18 AM

Pre-pandemic- just iced coffee Now- scooped out sesame bagel with a little cream cheese (I don’t get hungry at all until noon or so but am stuck with my mother who is STARVING by 7am)

by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2020 5:07 AM

Got a recipe, R39?

by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2020 7:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!