Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another bad neighbor thread

The guy who moved in was ok for about 18 months, Lately he's turned into an asshole.

I posted a comment about his harassing me with his music in another thread.

Now he's chaining his Rottweiler in the backyard for hours at a time and all it does is bark.

He also has his friends come over and they sit on the front porch and smoke blunts, drink malt liquor and blast rap music. These guys are a bunch of white Newfies and they act like they're straight outta Compton.

They talk as loudly as possible and every other word is "fuck". And all they talk about is smoking weed. How much they smoke, where they smoke, who they smoke with. On and on for hours.

I have no idea how a guy who doesn't work can afford to live in a rental that costs $1500 a month plus bills. He doesn't even cut his own grass or shovel the snow. His father comes over to maintain the property.

It's days like this that I sit back and examine how badly my life turned out that this is where I have to spend my days.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2020 1:35 PM

I had a similar problem with a neighbor's cat and it was solved by ANOTHER neighbor with rat poison.

Chocolate?

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 10:45 PM

Totally sucks OP :.(

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 10:45 PM

Thought I'd post an update.

He seems to have latched onto some new friends. None of them work, or I assume they don't because they party all night.

Not really sure how much more of this I can take. One of the few things that has brought me joy over the years is going to bed and having a good nights sleep. I haven't had one in weeks.

I'm honestly afraid to call in a noise complaint because they're all wigger thug wannabe's and I worry about my safety if they decide to retaliate.

I haven't engaged them in any way and always pretend to be friendly when they wave so as to remove suspicion when the cops show up. But I still worry they'll find out I called.

I've tried talking to other neighbors who I've known for years but they either claim they can't hear the noise or say there's nothing that can be done.

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2020 10:27 PM

Do they have kids?

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2020 10:32 PM

Maybe it's time to start hosting Richard Simmons-style workouts in your driveway and garage with all your fabulous friends-- socially distanced of course, complete with dolphin shorts, terry cloth head and wrist bands and Disco.

Make sure everything in the crotchal area is loose and bulging. Have your drinks and canapes and style and then loudly sing show tunes after! You can also have movie nights out there, all the good stuff like Judy and Liza and Barbra. Maybe a pet hair style contest.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2020 10:35 PM

Is it Anthony Scaramucci, Jr.? He works as an editor. He has ADHD. The weed probably chills him out.

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2020 10:37 PM

You could also find out the back end number for your police department and explain you don't want to be named. Also contact your state AG, or district attorney - a lot of them might have a nuisance task force.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2020 10:38 PM

Seduce and kill.

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2020 10:40 PM

R4 he has a son who visits occasionally. I know that the kid was in the house one night when they were partying because I could hear him calling to his father and they asshole never went to check on him.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2020 10:40 PM

does your town have a code? it should be available on the web. there will be rules about times of day, loudness of noise etc. not that that will stop them, but you would have a leg to stand on.

btw i sympathize, there have been times when i have had a similar problem, not constantly, but enough to sympathize.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2020 10:42 PM

R5 Hopefully he’ll get in touch with his softer side and want to join in!

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2020 10:42 PM

So your neighbor wasn’t like this initially when he moved in? Maybe he’s troubled and going down a dark path and you could be a buddy to him?

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2020 10:44 PM

Arson can be surprisingly effective

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2020 10:44 PM

OP - I could drop by for a brain-storming session or two!

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2020 10:47 PM

Is this an apartment building? Are there other neighbors?

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2020 10:48 PM

R15 it's a residential street.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2020 10:50 PM

You're not the nasty neighbor troll are you?

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote][R15] it's a residential street.

This doesn't answer my question

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2020 10:53 PM

Does his dog have a dog house or some sort of shelter?

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2020 10:56 PM

You need to be covert about this. Do you know anyone in the Mafia?

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2020 11:04 PM

This is clearly the nasty neighbors troll.

He used to post one of these every other weekend.

He's a nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2020 11:04 PM

I'm sure that this has also bothered Mitzi as well. Perhaps if you ask Joel to go over and speak with them.

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2020 11:12 PM

Joel now has an attack dog. Yes, best to ask Joel to intervene.

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2020 11:15 PM

OP I had the same problem when lived in Paso Robles, CA a few years ago. I caught the guy alone while he was blasting his music, brought into my townhouse so he could here it. He was embarrassed and curtailed it for a while but It got bad again and I called management at that point and they shut him down. I'm also 6'0 , 220 lbs of gay gymrat bod, so I wasn't too afarid. Call the authorities and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2020 11:29 PM

Sometime when they’re all outdoors acting like thugs smoking blunts and using fuck to excess, walk outdoors completely naked. Look to gauge their reaction and watch their behavior shift in your favor.

by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2020 11:34 PM

Do a couple squats while you’re outdoors naked. That’ll scare the shit outta them.

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2020 11:58 PM

When they’re outside all together partying, walk up to them, lift your caftan up to your knee and show them a little leg!

by Anonymousreply 27June 12, 2020 12:07 AM

Might be worth a look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 12, 2020 12:40 AM

Do you have any cousins named Smooter that could visit for a couple of weeks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 12, 2020 12:55 AM

I’m all upset tonight.

by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2020 10:40 PM

You should call the cops about the dog. Chaining is illegal in many, many cities.

by Anonymousreply 31June 12, 2020 11:25 PM

OP I'm intrigued by your reference to Newfies. Are they Newfoundlanders ? Are you Canadian ?

by Anonymousreply 32June 13, 2020 12:39 AM

Ask if he has Section 8 and report him for non compliance with the lease

by Anonymousreply 33June 13, 2020 1:04 AM

What is section 8?

by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2020 1:22 AM

Sounds like Trailer Park Boys

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2020 1:23 AM

R32 Yes, Newfies are Canadians from Newfoundland.

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2020 2:01 AM

Is Newfoundland kind of like the Mississippi of Canada?

by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2020 3:02 AM

It's more like Maine. That weird accent.

by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2020 4:08 AM

[quote]So your neighbor wasn’t like this initially when he moved in? Maybe he’s troubled and going down a dark path and you could be a buddy to him?

Or introduce him to heroin in order to speed up the descent and get peace and quiet back more quickly.

by Anonymousreply 39June 13, 2020 4:17 AM

If you have renters insurance, collect the shit you can't live without and around 3AM set your whole fuckin ( fast spreading) firetrap a blaze! Making sure their home, run over just in time to save them but not their place of neighborhood ill repute. You'll feel better!

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2020 4:11 AM

Parts of Newfoundland are worse than Compton, the kind of neighborhood where if you get a flat tire, you just keep on driving.

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2020 4:33 AM

r41, what parts of Newfoundland are that bad? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2020 4:39 AM

The parts between the borders R42!

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2020 10:30 PM

I've not really had too many issues with neighbors and to be honest most have been friendly. And downright cute too. Like the other day I met this guy outside my place he lives in the complex. We got to talking and I found out he knows the U.S. Constitution inside out. I know a good chunk of it myself. And he was totally cute. So I didn't mind talking and his name is Tyrone. If there's a god.

I go out of my mind sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2020 1:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!