Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want OUT of this shit hole country

LAPD shoot homeless man in a wheelchair. He will likely lose an eye.

America is not a first world country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 7:19 PM

I want out, too. If we are going to "Defund the Police," I'm going somewhere safe, and you can get stuck w the crime.

Do you really think all those celebs and news anchors will be without security? They will hire the former police officers; then, only the rich will have security.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 12:20 PM

What the fuck is wrong with these cops? Look how scared they are; look how flabby and soft they are; look how stupid they look. One wonders if the average untrained citizen would have more sense. Geez, the police department must be scrapping the bottom of the barrel these days.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 12:28 PM

It is time to bust the police unions. They caused this. The GOP has done plenty to create the current situation, but the police unions will defend ANY ATROCITY perpetrated by one of their members.

Let the unions negotiate compensation. But keep them out of disciplinary matters. People who carry guns required MORE supervision and control. Not less.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 12:30 PM

Every type of union has lost power in this country EXCEPT for the police unions. They rule with an iron fist, protecting the worst criminal cops, making the whole system corrupt. Bust THAT union already.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 12:45 PM

[quote] Every type of union has lost power in this country EXCEPT for the police unions.

An interesting observation, indeed. Any thoughts on why that one has survived the Republican efforts to destroy unions???

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 12:59 PM

FYI , r1. I hope U.S. doesn't devolve to type of conditions I witnessed (and lived) in Sydney, Australia. Constant, horrific violence where even guards would be shot point bank, guards guarding private homes, I mean. That was back in 1997.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 1:05 PM

R1 here. I agree, but I don't want to live in a police state either.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 1:16 PM

I’m moving to East Asia. Fuck this.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 1:24 PM

[quote]I want OUT of this shit hole country

You're not the only one, Op. I'm working on it but haven't figured it out yet.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 1:28 PM

same here

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 1:36 PM

On the other hand, this probably isn't the best time to be an American in a foreign country as they might not view us on the friendliest terms. I'm resigned to being very wrong about this, but my instinct is that the forces of right-wing reactionary assholism have picked the wrong fight and are going to lose big time.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 1:59 PM

Yes, OP and R9. Move to Mexico, Africa, the Middle East or China. They'll treat you real nice there. Your only other options are Europe and North America, where people from the above regions are taking over, and you are complaining about it. So what are you going to do?

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 2:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 2:10 PM

Well just look at what the did to this poor woman named Jennifer!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 2:13 PM

[quote] Your only other options are Europe and North America, where people from the above regions are taking over

Gotta throw in a little anti-immigrant dig, didn’t ya, shitstain?

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 2:13 PM

I got out 15 years ago (I thought Bush reelected was bad enough) by getting a job in Europe. I love my new country and couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Convinced my best friend to leave 2 years to his husband's home country. It's a bit unstable and poor but he loves it.

We were talking last week and I asked if he had any regrets. We both laughed, happy to be out of that shithole that's just getting worse.

I will give up my citizenship next year. It's liberating.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 2:20 PM

R12 = Douglas Murray

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 2:48 PM

OP - Agent Orange just announced that U.S., "We're Kings of the World!

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 2:51 PM

I want out too, but I’m not sure where to go. The police are deranged. I’m really scared.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 2:58 PM

What country R16?

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 3:03 PM

Last year 2 of my coworkers, concerned about the situation in the U.S., emigrated. One to Vietnam the other to Panama. Last time I spoke to them they told me that, after the initial period of adjustments, they considered the move to have been the best decision they ever made... and that was before this current shitshow!

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 3:09 PM

Vietnam looks lovely. I’m having such a hard time mentally. I am not coping well at all.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2020 3:43 PM

Meet Bob Kroll. He's the leader of the Minneapolis police union.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2020 5:20 PM

A very easy way for Americans of any age to relocate abroad without much difficulty is to apply for a graduate degree at Uni. By the end of a one year degree or certificate one can be fully integrated.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote]by getting a job in Europe

what do you do? I thought it was very very hard to get hired by an EU company as an American, let alone get citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 7:14 PM

As a California resident, finally others are seeing what a third world dump we have evolved into.

We officially joined the ranks of Brazil and India sometime around 2016, at 100,000x the cost of living there.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 7:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!