Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone round here been on one of these events/marches/protests?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 12:07 PM

The average age around here is 80. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 11:02 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 11:06 AM

^^ He's 75.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 11:07 AM

CT protests have been peaceful overall. Now that all the MN cops have been arrested I think some of the intense anger has cooled a bit. Feelings were very amped up and raw on Saturday and the highways were blocked by protestors, new haven police department surrounded w/ some violence but not like NYC or DC, there is another protest this afternoon, expect it will be peaceful.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 11:09 AM

[quote]Now that all the MN cops have been arrested I think some of the intense anger has cooled a bit.

and the kneeling has helped.

It gives them something to DO.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 11:29 AM

R1 the ageist comments, while sometimes said jokingly, are really not that funny. There were no gay men in my 20's-30's that were much older than me. They were all dead. Be grateful for the fact that gay men are living beyond 50 these days.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 11:42 AM

I don't have to go to the, thousands of people literally marched past my front door. Including armed police and national guard with their finger on the trigger. They are not shooting rubber bullets if you get in a fight with one of them.

The marches were totally peaceful, but left they finished it was like another wave of people came in and started mass looting and distraction. Cars would pull up and 2 or 3 people would get out. One guy was just going around breaking glass but not going inside at all.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 11:46 AM

i love you R6

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 11:47 AM

OMG! @ r7!

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 11:48 AM

Totally peaceful except for the right wing whackos taunting from the sidelines. We just ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 11:50 AM

I had my share of marches when I lived in California and participated in gay rights protests during the time Pete Wilson was governor. There were also protest marches for the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" which occurred after I went to the 1993 March on Washington. Having the memory of riot police right up in your face impacted me. There were marches where some of the protesters got violent and the crowd began to chant "No violence!" over and over to get them to stop. I'll never forget the memory of an older lady in her car looking on in horror as young men jumped on her hood. I looked at her and mouthed "I'm so sorry" as some of the other protesters had to literally force these idiots off of this innocent woman's car.

I did encounter a bit of a peaceful march on Tuesday in Manhattan when a march came up Park Avenue from Union Square and was able to duck through quickly to get into the 6 train station and out of there. My work neighborhood has been greatly boarded up, and several businesses had broken windows and doors.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 12:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!