Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Currently Being Vetted by Joe Biden

Here's the list of potentials:

Keshia Knight Pulliam

Val Ewing

Naomie Harris

Donna Rice

Gretchen Rossi

J.J. Abrams

Amy Adams

Lesley Ann Warren

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2020 6:06 PM

Larry? Larry King is that you?

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 10:47 AM

Just added : Florence Johnston and Niecy Nash

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote] I like Klobuchar. I think she'd make an excellent choice and I don't give a rat's ass about her alleged meanness, or her prosecutorial history as long as she has sincerely seen the light and atones for it. But that's just me.

No surprise here, Della. We all know you as the individual who laughs as others burn to death....among many other....shocking “....that’s just me thoughts”.

Amy’s rage-aholic issues are concerning. Her continual shaking (with anger?) and her body language betray her whilst speaking. We are currently in the process of observing one rage-aholic in action in the White House, would we be wise to instill another?

With the developments following George Lloyd’s death (and Klobuchar’s prosecutorial record) as well as Klo’s controversial votes in the Senate (siding with Republicans), feel she would be a significantly DIVISIVE choice.

If Biden wishes to unify the country, believe he would be wise to stay away from her: apologies or no. She’s spent her opportunity and good fortune. Let the voters of MN decide what they wish to do with AMY, but any other position on the national stage for her would be another example of failing upwards in a country who has championed this far too long in white-bread-mediocre-middle America.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2020 5:42 PM

I heard on a news program today that Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms is under consideration, not sure how reliable that was and I don't remember who said it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2020 5:49 PM

R3, I’m wondering if the shaking is due to Parkinson’s. If it is, I think Biden’s vetting would probably catch it. She’s pretty young for that and it gets worse as time goes on. It can also cause hallucinations or delusions in some patients and she wouldn’t be mentally or physically fit for a stressful job like President if she has it. Stress makes Parkinson’s worse. If that’s true, Biden would probably pass on her without saying why.

Another possibility is essential tremors (which has been advertised as meaning you don’t have Parkinson’s but I’ve read recently you can have both). Or a drug reaction for a serious condition like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or other conditions that can lead to serious side effects over time, including shaking, but the person can’t quit taking it due to serious illness. None of that is a good thing for a Vice Presidential candidate. They are all diseases affected adversely by stress.

Amy seems hell bent on overlooking her own flaws, but her health may not be up to the job and snapping at anyone that questions it doesn’t solve the problem. I think she’s getting too much of a pass on this.

A Senator might be able to deal with it, but the judgment of these people is sometimes impaired and they’re not the ones that should decide if they’re fit.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2020 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!