Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's Kill Uncle is on DVD now!

How are we celebrating?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2020 2:52 AM

I love William Castle movies

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2020 8:06 PM

You in danger, Uncle Bottom!

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2020 8:18 PM

The movie was made by the Nephew Troll's nephew

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2020 9:06 PM

Is Linda Lawson Helen's spawn?

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2020 10:34 PM

Excellent! I've been waiting for this one for a few years now.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2020 10:38 PM

Would a trailer have killed you OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2020 10:44 PM

R6, the OP probably knew that the only versions of that trailer online have been either very poor quality, or have been defaced by users, like the one you linked, that has the 'Drive-In' logo added to it, as well as a big honking 'TFH' artifact in its lower left-hand corner, signifying it was originally lifted from the 'Trailers From Hell' blogspot.

After this release, perhaps a proper version of the trailer will leak onto Youtube.

Thank you, OP, for notifying everyone. I'm celebrating by buying a copy of it, and by enjoying a cup of cocoa I made myself, and not by my uncle. ;)

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2020 11:05 PM

Can we now get those ridiculous 13 Frightened Girls released too?

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 11:10 PM

13 Frightened Girls is available on a William Castle DVD set. I bought it at Amazon

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 11:14 PM

OP, how did you find out?

Periodically, I do intensive searches for films/television series that I covet. A week ago, I discovered that an Australian outfit had released a semi-legitimate set of 1977's 'The Fantastic Journey' to DVD, which turned out to be acceptable to me, once I'd put the correct logo on the ends of the episodes (1976 Columbia Television Sunburst) and run it through detelecine and deinterlace.

I think the last time I hunted for 'Let's Kill Uncle' was back in January; what turned up then was a poor quality bootleg fullscreen. I had been also waiting for TCM to air it again (the current bootlegs are apparently all descendants of a TCM capture from maybe fifteen years ago). It probably would not have occurred to me to try again for another year or so.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 12:04 AM

R10, I found out because I follow Kino Lorber on Twitter. They send out tweets about their new releases

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 12:10 AM

Hmm. I've been collecting Kino Lorber's 'Pink Panther' cartoon releases. Can't follow Twitter, though - I don't use a cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 12:18 AM

Does anyone know the other endings that were filmed?

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 12:36 AM

R13, ask Pat Cardi. It's only on his word that there were other endings filmed.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 1:45 AM

People still buy DVDs?

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 2:25 AM

I was today years old when I found out Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird is director John Badham's sister. Thank you, Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 2:32 AM

A little over two years ago, Kino Lorber announced the imminent release of [bold]The Legend of Hillbilly John[/bold] (1972), but so far that hasn't happened.

Also on my wish list for the full treatment (restored, widescreen, extras, etc) would be:

Picture Mommy Dead (1966)

Skullduggery (1970)

Chariots of the Gods (1970/74)

Idaho Transfer (1973)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 3:31 AM

I love your taste in movies, OP. I want to watch “The Legend of Boggy Creek” with you.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 6:44 AM

PoisonedDragon if you're on Facebook, Kino Lorber regularly announces their new releases there as well. Pat Cardi is interviewed for this new release so maybe he'll offer some information about alternate endings.

Years ago I used to work with Pat Cardi and I asked him about this movie once. He said he and Mary Badham became very good friends and are in touch regularly, though she lives across the country. I don't really remember what he said about the making of the movie, though I seem to recall him saying Nigel Green was a terror to work with. I think there was some scene with the uncle trying to kill him and Green got carried away and really hurt Cardi. He spoke more fondly about some of his other movie and TV experiences. Nice, interesting guy.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 7:08 AM

r19, cool story. Thanks for sharing!

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]PoisonedDragon if you're on Facebook

Alas, R19, I'm not. I don't use the social media platforms, nor do I even own a cellphone. I'll just look in on Kino Lorber from time to time.

[quote]I seem to recall him saying Nigel Green was a terror to work with.

That would not be the first time I've heard that. It's thought he committed suicide.

[quote]I think there was some scene with the uncle trying to kill him and Green got carried away and really hurt Cardi.

Did Cardi think it was accidental?

Hmm... maybe Green was method, and cultivated that kind of relationship with the young actors in order to help keep their performances genuine, their fear of him honest.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2020 2:56 AM

Could be, r21. Honestly it's been so long since I had the conversation I almost didn't even mention it since I may be remembering inaccurately. I want to say Cardi told me Nigel Green was often drinking or drunk on set but again I can't be certain. Wish I could remember more. I'm interested to get the disc and hear what he has to say about the film though he might not be as candid for an on the record interview as he was in our private conversation. Although I think he feels somewhat burned by his Hollywood experience so he may not give a fuck about being polite.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2020 3:18 AM

Sometimes there are movies that you can't steal online, R15....

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2020 3:42 AM

You could also read the book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2020 3:59 AM

R24, I wasn't aware there was a book until Pat Cardi mentioned it in the interview on the 'Let's Kill Uncle' dvd. I'm curious now, and want a copy.

I won't discuss any more particulars of the interview until I know that OP has his copy and has seen it. ;)

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2020 2:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!