Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is Mark Zuckerberg in bed with Donald Trump?

Tech people are usually the anthesis of Trumpers, yet Zuckerberg bows down to Trumps wishes and desires, not taking him to task on his lies. Even his on employees are starting to rebel against what they see as special treatment. Trump wines and dines him at the White House and makes him feels special in return. Zuckerberg turns in Suckerberg.

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2020 6:51 PM

isn't it obvious? he worships money...

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2020 4:29 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2020 4:32 PM

Somebody turned me on to Zuckerberg's obsession with Augustus. It's bizarre but all the clues fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2020 4:32 PM

He's your typical male douchebag libertarian like Elon Musk and Larry Ellison. The majority of tech CEOs are like this.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2020 4:33 PM

He's a fake liberal like all tech billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2020 4:40 PM

The Deplorables on my local news articles were posting that Bill Gates was tied into causing Covid. So maybe Zuckerberg wants to dominate Gates?

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2020 4:41 PM

Ew. Thanks for that image, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2020 4:41 PM

Zuckerberg doesn't want federal regulation. It would hit his bottom line and limit his sphere of influence.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2020 4:41 PM

I immediately dismissed the image, R7. The law of gay twinning mandates he would be in bed with Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2020 4:43 PM

Is this a trick question?

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2020 4:44 PM

Because Liz is coming for him if Joe wins.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2020 5:01 PM

He's an aspie and probably an incel at heart. I mean, who the fuck would sleep with him before he had money?

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2020 5:08 PM

Facebook is run by the FBI. He doesn't have a choice, not that he cares. Regulating speech on the platform actually would be a 1st Am. violation as the site is a federal government 'property'.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2020 5:14 PM

Given that Facebook began life as platform for rating women's looks, his incel vibe is well established.

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2020 5:14 PM

25% of American Jews support Trump because they think having a Jewish son-in-law will make Trump more supportive of Israel than Obama-type Democrats who are closet Muslims lovers (It's not rational, like so much of American politics).

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2020 5:17 PM

what r12 said.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2020 5:19 PM

Money, citizen surveillance expansions, and data collection. In that order.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2020 5:20 PM

Zuckerberg probably reads all the propaganda posted on his site from the alt-Right.

Let's face it, only old people still use Facebook. They were smart in buying Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2020 5:21 PM

Vy do anybody gettink in bed with Donald? All about benjameens

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2020 5:21 PM

Where do you get the idea that tech people are traditional progressives? While like all assessments, you can't be essentialist about "tech guys", there are many kinds of tech people... However, there is a strong thread of highly successful tech executives who hate government, think government is "the problem", want no regulation, no taxes... "free market" libertarians.

And have an unrealistic opinion as to their own intelligence and capacity. Look at what an oafish tool Elon Musk is. Rampant narcissism about their good fortune make them think they are "super human" and that regular laws shouldn't apply to them (this is, of course, similar to the Trumpist toxicity).

And add the trillions of dollars in play, in companies like Apple and Facebook, and their critical faculties are even more warped.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2020 5:26 PM

Point taken, R12, but it sounds like he came from a decent amount of money

[Quote] Zuckerberg was born on May 14, 1984, in White Plains, New York.[13] His parents are Karen (née Kempner), a psychiatrist, and Edward Zuckerberg, a dentist.[14] He and his three sisters, Randi, Donna, and Arielle, were brought up in Dobbs Ferry, New York, a small Westchester County village about 21 miles north of Midtown Manhattan.[15] Zuckerberg was raised in a Reform Jewish household,[16][17] and his ancestors hailed from Germany, Austria and Poland.[18] He had a Star Wars-themed bar mitzvah when he turned 13.[16][19]

At Ardsley High School, Zuckerberg excelled in classes. After two years, he transferred to the private school Phillips Exeter Academy, where he won prizes in mathematics, astronomy, physics, and classical studies. In his youth, he also attended the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth summer camp. On his college application, Zuckerberg stated that he could read and write French, Hebrew, Latin, and ancient Greek. He was captain of the fencing team.[20][21][22]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2020 5:51 PM

oops, sorry about the formatting at R21. Guess I learned something about posting today....

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2020 5:52 PM

Facebook has had to pay a lot of fines in the EU, so he's happy to not have Trump breathing down his neck.

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2020 5:55 PM

There's really only one answer, and R8 nails it. Zuck sees federal antitrust regulation as an "existential threat" (his words, per leaked internal recordings last summer.). It's why he vowed to work against Warren's nomination, as breaking up tech monopolies was part of her platform.

If regulated, Facebook would have to divest acquisitions like WhatsApp ($19 billion) and Instagram ($1 billion.) Zuckerberg is in regular contact with the WH. He's dancing as fast as Trump can pull the strings at this point.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2020 6:03 PM

R24 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2020 6:09 PM

Zuckerberg is soulless and like attracts like.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2020 6:21 PM

Jesus Christ R21, did you really have to post that picture!? I nearly jumped out of my skin.

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2020 6:47 PM

My god, he looks like a goddamn alien.

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2020 7:07 PM

Has Buttigieg weighed in on this? He was too chummy with MZ.

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2020 7:27 PM

Better him than me.

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2020 7:30 PM

He wants to be in on it when Trump declares himself king:

Count Zuckerberg of Silicon Valley

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2020 7:49 PM

Facebook relies on revenue from ads to fuel shifts into plethora of other industries. It had $60 billion in cash at the end of March. FB's latest investments are mostly in Asia, where it's focusing expansion, particularly in digital payments. Zuckerberg isn't going to do ANYTHING that could throttle its ad revenue. Examples:

[bold]*[/bold] This week FB announced investment in Gojek, a major food delivery/ride hailing app in SE Asia. (These aggregate apps - like China's WeChat--are the gold mines of the future)

[bold]*[/bold] In April, FB invested $5.7 Billion in India's Jio platforms

[bold]*[/bold] In March, FB agreed to buy all the augmented reality (AR) displays made by Plessey, in race to beat out Apple in AR market

These are just a few examples of the empire Zuckerberg's building. The pro-regulation Dems pose a massive threat to his business model. That's why FB's content goalposts keep moving....and moving...and moving to accommodate Trump and Fox's ravings.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2020 11:59 AM

Enough money is a thing that doesn't exist, and to Zuckerberg, selling his soul is small potatoes in exchange for the benefits of being "in bed" (yuck) with Trump.

His right hand man, Kaplan, is a conservative Repug and is a close friend of Brett Kavanaugh, too.

If Trump is trounced in the election, Zuckerberg already has his position at the ready. He'll argue his position not remove inflammatory content is vindicated, and never mind that the content on Fake Rook has cost lives.

It'll be interesting, if Biden wins, to see if and how he dumps the Kushners.

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2020 12:18 PM

Lean in, ladies!

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2020 12:28 PM

The thing is that he’s already so powerful that it would be hard to stop Facebook. It’s genius because I’ve seen so many people say cancel your Facebook, but won’t touch their Instagrams that are also owned by him.

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2020 12:39 PM

R35 - actually Instagram isn't much of a money-maker. If there were a huge trend to quit facebook it would hurt ad revenue, but it would have to be massive. The real ("existential" -see above) threat to MZ's empire is anti-trust regulation that would require FB to break up and divest some of its enterprises. Not holding my breath, even if dems get elected, but they might be some token regulation through

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2020 1:06 PM

We need to take down all the aspies sociopaths who are socially retarded and lack empathy. They have ruined our Culture and country by trying to make it reflect their warped personal experience of things. I know Zuckerberg fits this description. Jack Dorsey (twitter). I think Trump is clearly a bit spectrumy (def. sociopathic). We even have artists who have dominated our culture who fit this. (Kanye, maybe Kim. K (that blank, soulless look), Madonna (who ushered in the anything for fame/no talent era).

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2020 1:14 PM

I never realized how much plastic surgery he's had. He also goes out of his way to never smile or have an emotion on his face. Very creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2020 1:28 PM

Tangential, but an example of Zuck's flavor of social consciousness. SF started a relief fund called Give2SF COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund that funds city agencies and non-profits for rapid-response emergency goods and services. You can see a complete list of donors and allocations at link below.

Some of SF's 75 billionaires stepped up: Jack Dorsey (Twitter/Square) gave $15 million (via the SF Foundation), the Gettys gave a mil, as did Marc Benioff (Salesforce).

Thus far, Zuck's given nada. But he did indulge in his version of noblesse oblige: he donated $500,000 at $100,000 each to his five favorite neighborhood restaurants. I happen to live a few blocks from his SF house -- not that he's there much -- so the news made the local rounds. Great for those restaurants, not so much for everyone else who's hurting so badly. It's the kind of personal philanthropy that benefits one's favorites as opposed to allocating resources to the neediest.

And so it goes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2020 1:30 PM

Who do you think wants to ally himself with Trump when the Orange criminal starts his own news network?

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2020 3:32 PM

[quote]Why is Mark Zuckerberg in bed with Donald Trump?

One word OP.....Billionaire Tax Cuts!

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2020 3:36 PM

^^^ That's THREE words . . .

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2020 4:11 PM

I'm not a size queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2020 4:30 PM

Russian money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2020 5:08 PM

I think like everyone else, Zuckerberg is afraid of Trump. The social media companies are worried that if they come down hard on Trump, he will retaliate by regulating them.

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2020 5:11 PM

When will Silicon Valley be held responsible.

That is where the protests should be. Since they blocked off the White House.

Go protest Facebook. I will join.

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2020 5:17 PM

Can we get a plastic surgery rundown a la US Weekly?

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2020 5:19 PM

TRump can’t regulate shit

I, on the other hand . . .

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2020 5:35 PM

Silicon Valley escapes responsibility once again.

Nobody ever does anything about Facebook. It’s time to shut it down. It’s a hate site.

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2020 5:37 PM

R49 Break it up, not shut it down. Like Amazon. It's the 1890s and the gov't needs to break up these robber baron monopolies.

by Anonymousreply 50June 4, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote] TRump can’t regulate shit

Trump can issue an executive order instructing the FCC or whomever to do things that the tech companies would rather not be done.

by Anonymousreply 51June 4, 2020 5:52 PM

Someone needs to come out with a platform that is more about families and staying in touch and not trying to intentionally cause family arguments and division and destruction.

Not to mention all the fake accounts. It’s a propaganda free-for-all.

We can do better.

by Anonymousreply 52June 4, 2020 5:53 PM

Why aren’t their protest in Silicon Valley?????

Talk about getting away with murder!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 53June 4, 2020 5:54 PM

[quote] Someone needs to come out with a platform that is more about families and staying in touch and not trying to intentionally cause family arguments and division and destruction.

What planet are you from? Families staying in touch means family arguments.

by Anonymousreply 54June 4, 2020 6:20 PM

He likes to suck small mushroom headed cocks , and get fisted with small orange hands .

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2020 6:28 PM

R54, yes especially when they are stirred up and riled by fake propaganda spread by the platform.

Families have survived for eternity before this crappy “technology” came along.

Delete it already.

by Anonymousreply 56June 4, 2020 6:36 PM

They are both psychopaths. Birds of a, feather and all.

by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2020 6:42 PM

Why would any decent person still be using such an disgusting propaganda-fueled hellscape?

Not to mention they read your mind and thoughts through facial recognition. The data cartels are another breed altogether.

The average person on the using side of the platform has no idea of the extent of depravity if the people they are making RICH beyond their dreams. Billions. Islands. Private Planes.

It’s sickening.

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2020 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!