Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you going back to the gym?

I need to but I don't trust that they have their shit together. How can you properly social distance? The mask irritates me while walking into a CVS. Can't imagine working out with one on.

How are you keeping safe in the gyms? ARE you going to the gym?

by Anonymousreply 280September 11, 2021 5:12 PM

Which gym is open? Seriously

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2020 11:15 AM

no.

i exercise at home now and I've lost weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2020 12:00 PM

[quote] i exercise at home now and I've lost weight.

I haven't exercised for one second and I've lost 10 pounds since March. Cutting out desserts and not eating in restaurants has done wonders for both my budget and my waistline.

But I'm a bad example since I gave up the gym years ago. I find a 3 mile walk around Central Park so much more pleasurable than a crowded gym with all that clanking and grunting, and now that spring is here, it's downright glorious.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2020 12:14 PM

Gyms are still closed in New York/New Jersey and California.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2020 12:22 PM

Gyms are open in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2020 1:12 PM

Honey, please. All the men, both gay and straight, have pent-up sexual energy. The steamrooms needs to open stat!

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2020 4:36 PM

Help! I have chemo brain and forgot how to start threads.....instructions?

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2020 5:04 PM

Labor Day

by Anonymousreply 8July 3, 2020 5:11 PM

Gyms have to be one of the worst ideas ever, in a pandemic. This, along with bed and breakfasts. Bad ideas.

by Anonymousreply 9July 3, 2020 5:29 PM

I am in my 50s and I started testosterone injections a few months ago because I was feeling sluggish. I can tell you that they make a difference in building muscle if you are working out at the gym. I also do a whey protein shake every day. The T also helps with mood and energy.

But I would like to dial back the T injections. The upside of once a week injections brings great muscle growth, and you feel sexy and horny every single day. The downside is oily skin, body acne (yuck), and sometimes my balls seem lighter and smaller than they used to be. It's hard to describe.

I'm going to switch to every other week injections to see if that works better.

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2020 5:53 PM

R10 You're also a good candidate for prostate cancer.

by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2020 5:55 PM

My gym isn't open yet, and when it does reopen, it will be very restrictive and I'll have a limit on how much time I can be there. It's going to be very weird, but exercising on my own at home has not been working out well.

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2020 5:57 PM

my gyms and gyms are open in illinois.. pissed me off though that people instead of being glad and grateful that a gym is open are still monumentally stupid and self absorbed selfish! just yesterday, at my new gym they have various "cleaning stations" around with sanitizer bottle sprays and paper towels and trash cans, i go to use them to wipe off the equipment i just used and 2 people a man and a woman come strolling right up to this station, literally only a couple of feet away from me to get their paper towels and sanitizer bottle????????!!!!!!!!! WTF! WTF PEOPLE!

YOU CAN'T FUCKING WAIT 2 SECONDS UNTIL I GRAB THE STUFF AND WALK AWAY? I LITERALLY STOOD THERE FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS EYEING THEM DOWN AND THEY REMAINED CLUELESS UNTIL I, THE ONE THAT WAS THERE FIRST, had to walk away and then come back to that cleaning station...

god, how i hate people and this pandemic is making me even MORE anti-social! and rightfully so!

by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2020 6:02 PM

You’re stick being very risky dude. You’re enclosed with a bunch of people deeply exhaling

by Anonymousreply 14July 3, 2020 6:23 PM

I live in Ohio and gyms have been open for about a month. I go to the Y and it's been like a ghost town -- usually more staff than clients. Today, I worked out for about an hour and saw 3 other people. So, it's easy to keep your distance. My city now requires masks while indoors, except while exercising. So, I didn't wear it while on the treadmill, but wore one while working out on the Nautilus machines.

by Anonymousreply 15July 3, 2020 7:29 PM

The Planet Fitness near me (west of Cleveland) looks very crowded whenever I go running by it in the morning. I used to go there before COVID hit, but now I'd sooner go to the contagious ward at the Cleveland Clinic and lick all the door handles.

by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2020 7:32 PM

Except for one story about how a gym goer at a Planet Fitness in West Virginia may have exposed people to the virus, I haven’t seen stories about gyms being sites where infections have been spread in the same way that media outlets have covered spreads at bars and restaurants. Gyms are widely considered a higher-risk location, so you’d think that now that the have been open for weeks or longer, stories would emerge.

It seems wishful thinking to believe they’re safer than people expected, even with masks, so something has to explain why we haven’t heard of major gym-related outbreaks. Any guesses?

by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2020 7:50 PM

Nope. They’re already a hotbed for germs.

by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2020 7:58 PM

The hate is more than returned to R13.

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2020 7:58 PM

Gyms aren't open here in Jersey.

Gyms are a hotbed for transfer. It is indoors and you have lots of people breathing heavy. One infected person could easily infect lots of others.

by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2020 5:58 PM

I had a friend who went to a small brunch at a friend house(less than 10 people) and the next day it turns out one of the guests had gone to the gym and and she had tested positive for Covid.

So no not until there is a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 21July 4, 2020 6:12 PM

R2, that man is gorgeous, but I wish that he'd shave that chinstrap beard.

I miss going to the gym, mainly because it has a pool. I really miss swimming.

Will I go back? I don't know. I live in New Jersey. My gym has a big campus. The management has emailed and sent a video showing how they've redesigned the weight room and cardio area, spreading iit out over various buildings, distancing machines, and what not. But still...I hope they come up with a vaccine sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 22July 4, 2020 6:15 PM

Nope. Planet Fitness will cancel your membership if you call them, but you have to ask for that; they won't offer the option to you. Before Covid they made you go in to a location and fill out paperwork to cancel.

I hadn't gone in since late February. I feel it would be just my luck to contract this thing and be one of the people who dies. No, thanks. I've got an elliptical and some dumbbells at home. It'll have to be enough.

by Anonymousreply 23July 4, 2020 6:17 PM

I'm in Oregon and my gym has reopened. It's located in a hospital so would think it would be safe.

by Anonymousreply 24July 4, 2020 6:19 PM

[Quote]It's located in a hospital so would think it would be safe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 4, 2020 6:25 PM

R24, don’t “think” it would be safe. It is making someone money, and that is far a far bigger deal than what anyone thinks.

by Anonymousreply 26July 4, 2020 6:25 PM

Haha, R25 beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 27July 4, 2020 6:26 PM

Fortunately have a decent amount of equipment in the garage for weight workout, going to install a pull-up bar and I like to run, so I'll just do that or jump rope for cardio portions of workout. Gone with my brother to a place nearby that does outdoor parking lot workouts early on the weekends--bring your own equipment-- but that will only be viable until maybe November.

by Anonymousreply 28July 4, 2020 6:27 PM

Going to a gym right now is the same risk as going to a dump rally.

by Anonymousreply 29July 4, 2020 6:29 PM

I'm going to my LA Fitness (I'm also in Oregon - if I were in Arizona, I doubt I'd go). Everyone is masked and there's sanitizer everywhere. People are mostly good about cleaning things off. It's spacious enough (and empty enough) that it's easy to spread way out on the cardio machines (like, no one within 20 feet of me) so people commonly take off their masks then.

I can see why people might be uncomfortable and some gyms would be better than others, but I'm not worried. It's a mental health thing for me. I've weighed the risks and advantages and going came out ahead. Exercising to an app at home wouldn't help me at all.

by Anonymousreply 30July 4, 2020 6:33 PM

No.

Bought a Bowflex. Beats the hell out of going to a gym. There is nothing like the privacy of your own home.

by Anonymousreply 31July 4, 2020 6:38 PM

It only takes one careless fool ...........

by Anonymousreply 32July 4, 2020 6:40 PM

In CA gyms still closed. I've got a set of free weights/dumbbells and have used then religiously during lockdown. That with a really focused yoga routine, and eating much more healthfully/intentionally now... I am more toned and cut than I've been in decades. Lost about ten pounds, although gained muscle weight.

I think (have always expected) that all the many machines at the gym (which I've used for many, many years) actually don't build strength and definition as much as free weights. When this is "over", no need to go back to the gym

by Anonymousreply 33July 4, 2020 7:16 PM

Not risking it. I wouldn't trust my fellow gym-goers, many of them young and dumb. The thing I want to do most is swim -- I miss it so much. My landlord went from not seeming to care about COVID to becoming draconian. The beautiful pool is shut down, even to people swimming alone. I've started walking the neighborhood with a mask on and will start a home work-out.

by Anonymousreply 34July 4, 2020 7:37 PM

My gym has been open for a few weeks after restrictions were eased where I live. Management has spaced out machines for distance, effectively making every 2nd machine unusable and provides sanitising bottles at the entrance. However the same douches who previously refused to use towels now refuse to wipe down machines after using them. I attend in the early morning hours, sometimes so early I am all alone, and have adjusted my routine to avoid two assholes in particular who are culprits. By the time they arrive to do weights I am onto cardio. Have not seen anybody wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 35July 4, 2020 8:38 PM

Gyms are still not open in CA. I've been running, but I do need to get some free weights to work out at home.

by Anonymousreply 36August 16, 2020 3:35 PM

In my state Gyms are closed.

by Anonymousreply 37August 16, 2020 3:39 PM

Actually TO add to my last comment. You can go to out door gym but my gym does not provide that.

by Anonymousreply 38August 16, 2020 3:40 PM

Here in Toronto, my gym has reopened but they are allowing you to continue to freeze your membership, which I have done. I am just not convinced that it's time yet. I do miss it though (as does my body). But I don't want to deal with assholes not wiping down machines and just the general fuckery of humanity in general at a gym (rude, obnoxious behaviour, not social distancing, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 39August 16, 2020 3:44 PM

I use the outdoor pool at my gym, which is closed for everything except the pool and outdoor workouts and classes. We have to make a reservation for a lane for swim times which I love. I'm in California so can mostly swim year round, and it's my favorite form of exercise in any case.

by Anonymousreply 40August 16, 2020 3:46 PM

My gym re-opened in early June (Texas). I went a few times at first, but found it really difficult to get back into it.

Now I'm going more regularly. I just had to keep plugging away at it until I started feeling it again.

Everybody wears masks, there is plenty of disinfectant/hand sanitizer, and most people aren't even using the locker room at all (they've hugely limited access to the lockers, so only a few of them are available for use).

The best part is, 2 1/2 months after re-opening, it's still largely empty. Well, not empty-empty, but far less crowded than it was pre-pandemic.

The only thing I find really unpleasant is running on the treadmill in a mask. I really, really hate doing that. I've tried all different types of masks and bandanas, but it's just unpleasant no matter which one I use. I've settled on the very lightweight surgical type mask, because I can breathe a little easier in it, and you can bend that little wire it has so that it sits a little bit away from your face. The first 10-15 minutes are the worst, then I tend to get used to it. The mask gets really sweaty and gross, though.

Also, the hours are really curtailed, which pisses me off. It's only open until 8PM during the week, and 5PM on weekends. Used to be until midnight during the week (except Fridays, when it closed at 10PM), and 8PM on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 41August 16, 2020 3:48 PM

I quit my gym - LA Fitness. Amazingly, they stopped charging on their own accord in March and then started charging again in June when the state said gyms could open. I did let them bill me once, but thought about the chances of me actually using the gym anytime soon and decided to cancel. There had been a run on gym equipment at the beginning of the pandemic, but in June I was finally able to get equipment for the basement: a 300 lb weight set, an adjustable rack for bench/squats and other things, and a good quality bench.

I'll miss some of the weight and cardio machines for variety and I'll miss access to the gym and the when it's raining or snowing hard, very windy, or very cold (I'm fine outside down to around 25 or 30 degrees if it's not windy).

I figure there will be deals to be had whenever I might rejoin - either the gym I quit or somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 42August 16, 2020 3:52 PM

my nyc gym closed in march and laid off the employees, the personal trainer i had there is now doing individual zoom sessions from his apt. I have lastics and kettle bells and we do three sessions weekly now, vs the two we were doing at the gym (cost works out the same). I pay him via Zelle.

really staying fit and essential for my mental health.

by Anonymousreply 43August 16, 2020 4:01 PM

I’ve been running outside and doing weights, other workouts, etc., at home, but I dread the coming winter when the weather is too heinous to run outside. Wish I had room in my apartment for a treadmill.

by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2020 4:07 PM

Does anyone know of a YouTube channel or DVD that features a good at-home excersize program for men that doesn't require equipment?

by Anonymousreply 45August 16, 2020 6:06 PM

R45 Absolutely!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 16, 2020 7:25 PM

I'm also in Texas and every time I pass my gym there seems to be more and more cars in the parking lot and that makes me nervous. I had just about decided to go back--even get a haircut--until I watched a story about a Corona survivor experiencing symptoms AFTER finally testing negative. That was a REALLY bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2020 9:46 AM

Working out at a gym during a pandemic is next level stupid. It’s not over yet, and won’t be for some time. Figure something else out, you dipshits.

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2020 11:14 AM

I wish they'd close gyms nationwide at this point

by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2020 10:47 PM

Went back twice to my gym in Queens. Full array of hand sanitizers everywhere, BIG reminders to keep a mask on at all times - and two mooks on the floor with masks off throughout their workout.

Not worth it for me.

by Anonymousreply 50November 14, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote] I need to but I don't trust that they have their shit together…

Tell them put it in the toilet, OP. We've got a Health Crisis happening.

by Anonymousreply 51November 14, 2020 10:51 PM

I like that everyone seems so scared to go back because I can get to most equipment without waiting. There's still the jerks who sits on machines doing nothing but look at his phone...and the group of punks who monopolize benches and weights (masks pulled down), people who "save" equipment with their towel while they're off doing something else. But it's much LESS than before Covid.

by Anonymousreply 52November 14, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote] my nyc gym closed in march and laid off the employees, the personal trainer i had there is now doing individual zoom sessions from his apt. I have lastics and kettle bells and we do three sessions weekly now, vs the two we were doing at the gym (cost works out the same). I pay him via Zelle.

Why don’t you just record the sessions to reuse instead of paying him three times a week?

by Anonymousreply 53November 14, 2020 10:56 PM

NO. I talked to a friend of mine who has gone back the gym we both used to go to. He said they only have to wear a mask in and out of the gym. What good could that possibly do?? I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 54November 14, 2020 10:58 PM

I would go assuming I can find hours (usually Monday night late, Saturday night at 10 and Sunday at 4) when it is almost empty and use a mask and because the treadmill and elipticals have been moved and they blocked machines such that the next one is 6 feet over. However, some trainers complained to the press that the Equinox in Woodland Hills didn't give them appropriate masks and now they closed. The sad part is all the cleaning staff and everyone else lost their jobs. I hate their politics but I feel for those who lost their jobs. A friend and his husband really used the money from those hours of yoga to pay the extra expenses that came along after they adopted. My sister also paid about 600 per month to her trainer, and he is now unemployed which will mean extra student debt when he graduates college next year.

by Anonymousreply 55November 14, 2020 10:58 PM

Most people go to the gym on their way to or from work. Now that everyone’s working from home it doesn’t really seem worth it to make a special trip to the gym. It just takes a lot more effort instead of something that’s just along the way.

by Anonymousreply 56November 14, 2020 11:02 PM

I cancelled my membership and paid a fee which wasn’t as much as I thought it would be. The manager was very nice about it and made the process very easy. I won’t go back until Covid is under control.

by Anonymousreply 57November 14, 2020 11:08 PM

My gym has been open since mid June, and we don't have to wear masks in the gym or in the pool. Only in certain areas like hallways, the front desk, etc. But starting Tues. we will have to wear masks while on all fitness machines, when using barbells and dumbbells, between sets, and when waiting for a pool lane to open. Who can run on the treadmill for 20 minutes with their mask on?

by Anonymousreply 58November 14, 2020 11:10 PM

R57, why would you have to pay a fee if you’re quitting for Covid reasons?

by Anonymousreply 59November 14, 2020 11:15 PM

Some Ys have opened in NYC. I found out when mine started charging membership in October. I'm either going to suspend my membership or cancel it. Restaurants, gyms and places of worship are where a large number of infections are happening.

by Anonymousreply 60November 14, 2020 11:21 PM

R59 - because it is how shitty everything is now.

by Anonymousreply 61November 14, 2020 11:22 PM

I went this morning

by Anonymousreply 62November 14, 2020 11:22 PM

In my city where the cases are relatively low, my gym re-opened about 2 months ago, limiting the number of guests. Masks are required at all times, sanitizing is prevalent and it's an airy, very large 2 floor set-up. I felt safe. After the first month, as the city remained vigilant, the city allowed greater gym and restaurant capacity and at times the gym started appearing a bit crowded and thus greater risk. Sure enough, cases climbed and now restrictions have been rolled back to their original premise. Max at my gym is now 50 in a space that is used to 200-300 pre-covid.

by Anonymousreply 63November 14, 2020 11:31 PM

I went to my local Planet Fitness to cancel my membership. Couldn’t have been easier but I saw a woman on a treadmill wearing a mask on her chin and a staffer wiping down equipment without a mask! They can’t guarantee anyone’s safety.

by Anonymousreply 64November 14, 2020 11:40 PM

50 people in a gym and you feel safe? Let us know when you get sick.

by Anonymousreply 65November 14, 2020 11:41 PM

Isn’t Planet Fitness only $10 a month? Why did you need to cancel? And to make a special trip.

by Anonymousreply 66November 14, 2020 11:42 PM

R65 fat old Frau

by Anonymousreply 67November 14, 2020 11:43 PM

R59. I had a 12 month commitment with 8 mos to go. Gyms policy is if you can’t fulfill the commitment then you pay a penalty which ended up being $30 and I did tell them I was cancelling because of Covid. It’s fine. It was worth $30 just to be done with them.

by Anonymousreply 68November 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Poo poo 💩

by Anonymousreply 69November 14, 2020 11:51 PM

You signed up for a 12 month commitment at the start of COVID? Not very smart of you.

by Anonymousreply 70November 14, 2020 11:53 PM

my planet fitness is in a HUGE former warehouse.... at the most i've seen only 10 to 20 people in the entire building at one time...

we have to wear a mask when we enter the lobby and when we are leaving... temperature is checked as well... and the entire staff and 9 out of 10 people constantly wipe their weights and machines with disinfected......

course there are still the stupid morons who can't wait 2 damn seconds until you grab the paper towels and the spray bottle and walk right up to you to grab the other bottle and some paper towels! pisses me off to no end!

THE ONLY REASON WHY THIS PLACE IS ALLOWED TO OPEN AND WE DON'T HAVE TO WEAR A MASK IN THE WORKOUT AREA IS IF WE KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCE 6 FEET APART!... I LITERALLY have to walk away when i see one of these morons approaching the "cleaning stations" , because they can't wait as i said until i get the spray bottle and my paper towels and THEN THEY can do the same after i have left the area...

why are people so god damn stupid and self absorbed??!.

by Anonymousreply 71November 14, 2020 11:54 PM

Lifting weights with a mask on is unpleasant but doable, especially if you take breaks.

Cardio is pretty awful--having one of those mouth guards helps as you don't inhale the mask, but I'd rather just run outside regardless of the weather.

by Anonymousreply 72November 14, 2020 11:56 PM

Well, for re-opening (a brief time this summer), my gym also had this idea that you were allowed only 90 minutes provided you pre-booked so they would only have 20 upstairs and 5 downstairs (huge gym) and the spa and showers are closed. Also , every other machine was blocked off so each person working out would be 6 feet away from the other. Masks were a must. But, alas, they had to up-close.

by Anonymousreply 73November 14, 2020 11:56 PM

I signed up in January. Shutdowns started mid-late March and gym reopened in Sept. I didn’t join during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 74November 14, 2020 11:57 PM

Ive been back in the gym about 2 months. I go to a 24 hour place very late at night. Usually between 10 and 12. There are at most 3 other people in there with me. About half wear masks but we each keep to our own corner of the gym. I feel safe enough but I may get stop if the outbreak gets bad in my area

by Anonymousreply 75November 15, 2020 12:00 AM

[quote] why are people so god damn stupid and self absorbed??!.

I blame the parents, R71. They weren't brought up properly.

by Anonymousreply 76November 15, 2020 12:04 AM

No way. Too dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 77November 15, 2020 12:05 AM

I wanted to, but I found out that you only have to wear a mask when walking from one area to another, you can take it off while exercising which defeats the whole purpose. Why have them wear a mask at all if you can take it off, at least be honest up front that the risk is high. Don't try to sell me that this is safe.

by Anonymousreply 78November 15, 2020 12:06 AM

My Pilates studio is open.

by Anonymousreply 79November 15, 2020 12:06 AM

My gym has an enormous cardio workout room with 100+ pieces of equipment. Multiple rows of machines with 10-15 machines per row. They claim they have blocked off every other machine. My concern is that everyone on a treadmill, elliptical stair-climer or stationary bike is breathing heavily during their workout. Some people are huffing and puffing. At best, you're only 5-6 feet apart side-by-side and with people on machines in front and behind you. Even with masks on, how can that be safe? Especially if the masks get damp. I'd like to go back but feel it's not 100% safe. I fall into the higher risk category and can't take that chance.

by Anonymousreply 80November 15, 2020 12:18 AM

[quote] I signed up in January. Shutdowns started mid-late March and gym reopened in Sept. I didn’t join during the pandemic.

Coronavirus was in the news in November. It started getting bad in December and then really bad in January with a lockdown imminent yet you chose that time to sign up for a 12 month commitment to a gym?!?

by Anonymousreply 81November 15, 2020 12:18 AM

My gym closed Friday (downtown Chicago)

They required everyone to wear a mask at all times, and did temperature checks when you checked in.

But I never saw more than four people there at any time. It was wonderful and very low risk

by Anonymousreply 82November 15, 2020 12:25 AM

Isn't Planet Fitness a DUMP? I'd be scared to go...I'm going to NYSC. Plus a private gym nearby.

by Anonymousreply 83November 15, 2020 12:29 AM

I did start to go back this week. My body was turning into mush and I just couldn’t put it off anymore.

I wear my mask even though no one else does.

by Anonymousreply 84November 15, 2020 12:32 AM

I used to go to N’SYNC. It had the hottest guys.

by Anonymousreply 85November 15, 2020 12:38 AM

Both the YMCA and 24-Hour Fitness have been open in San Diego since August for indoor working out. However, now that San Diego is back in the highest level Purple Zone, the gyms can open but only via outdoor workouts.

The YMCAs often have land and parking lots around its building since it is often in city/suburban locations, so outdoor workouts can happen. However, 24-Hour Fitness is often in densely populated urban locations with no outdoor space and have to close since outdoor workouts are not possible. It’s online only.

by Anonymousreply 86November 15, 2020 12:54 AM

No, I cancelled my EOS membership in March. I used to go everyday at lunch. The PS location is a horrible gym in normal times, the layout is weird and it is extremely tight in the lifting area. They redid the locker room just before the pandemic but it is always dirty. Seeing the guy slop the mop around with abandon in a filthy was the last straw for me. Now with this shit going on? Absolutely not, even after a vaccine.

I ride a bike 8 miles a day as basic, and then pushups at home.

by Anonymousreply 87November 15, 2020 12:58 AM

I bought some relativly cheap resistance bands, a yoga mat and a exercise ball. I work out more at home now.

by Anonymousreply 88November 15, 2020 1:00 AM

i've been going the past couple of months now here in Planet Fitness in NJ. They're quite strict with mask and distancing with machines. There really is not much crowd anyway, maybe just 10% full.

by Anonymousreply 89November 15, 2020 1:02 AM

How are the gyms surviving with only 10% capacity of their usual business? It’s not like restaurants where they can make up for it with take aways.

by Anonymousreply 90November 15, 2020 1:26 AM

R81. Calm down, dear.

by Anonymousreply 91November 15, 2020 1:48 AM

I don't need to go to a gym. I'm married.

by Anonymousreply 92November 15, 2020 1:57 AM

r81 your chronology is wrong. The initial spillover into humans was not until late 2019. Lockdown in the US was nowhere on the horizon in January.

And (b), EVERYBODY signs up with a gym in January. There's always a crush after New Year's. Then the January crowd gets bored six weeks later and we get the gym back to ourselves. It’s the same every year.

Finally, no. fucking. way. Walking, zoom workouts, and a home weight machine will do.

by Anonymousreply 93November 15, 2020 2:10 AM

R81 It was bad everywhere else BUT here in Nov-December 2019 because I remember reading about in Time or something and telling a NURSE about bat soup MONTHS before lockdown. It was reported in world magazines before it hit the US.

Also R93 My trainers would ALWAYS bitch about the incoming New Year "babies" HA. The staff HATED them.

by Anonymousreply 94November 15, 2020 9:47 AM

At my local Anytime Fitness, I strolled up to view from the windows if anybody was working out at 11:30 pm on this Saturday night. I saw two or three members, seemed all wore masks.

But the new exterior sign said hours are now 5 am to 9:30 pm since Massachusetts just imposed a new curfew.

Didn't stop these members, as there's no staff at night, and it seems their membership cards open the doors as usual.

by Anonymousreply 95November 15, 2020 11:52 AM

R92 a frau’s husband said that to me last month. Direct quote. Lol

by Anonymousreply 96November 15, 2020 11:59 AM

Not worth the risk and where I live folks don’t wear masks in the gyms. On social media, I see so many pics of group exercise studios and boot camps ....all of the members are in group hugs, Very disturbing,

I pay for some fitness apps and got some dumbbells. And am looking to purchase an adjustable dumbbell set.

by Anonymousreply 97November 15, 2020 12:10 PM

i go to a small "boutique" gym and no restrictions

by Anonymousreply 98November 15, 2020 12:12 PM

No. I notice members of my gym wearing masks at one gym and no mask at another gym they also go to. Not worth the risk.

by Anonymousreply 99November 15, 2020 12:15 PM

No, I haven't been since the outbreak began. We are now doing yoga via zoom. Our gyms are now closed again for at least a month in Portland.

[quote]My sister also paid about 600 per month to her trainer

Wow, that's a lot of money. Is your sister saving for retirement?

by Anonymousreply 100November 15, 2020 12:18 PM

Piggybacking off older thread. Many gyms are reopening in CA next week but with max 10% occupancy. Unless there's some sort of reservation system, how is the occupancy rate monitored and would you return in N95/KN95 mask if you haven't been vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 101March 13, 2021 3:13 PM

If you have the room and the money go out and buy a treadmill and a bench and weights and you're all set.

by Anonymousreply 102March 13, 2021 3:40 PM

Gyms in Florida gave been open since last May or so. I’ve been going to L.A. Fitness off and on since then. I take precautions: mask, gloves, and cleaning machines.

A sign on entry states, “Masks are required,” but hardly anyone obeys. And practically no one does any kind of cleaning. Especially in the free weight room, where the men often stand around, chatting. They’re oblivious. Even staff are seen not wearing masks, or wear them below their chins when chatting with potential subscribers.

Further, ceiling fans above are in constant motion, so that a mild breeze wafts throughout, spreading all over the place.

Crazily, precautions vary from one branch to another, with one place providing each member with their own spray bottle of disinfectant, while another only has a couple of spray bottles on three different tables, for members to share. Superfluous, since most of the men there, who far outnumber any women, mostly ignore them.

I have no idea how I’ve survived this long. Precautions, always precautions. And now, even though I’ve had both Pfizer vaccinations, I still take precautions.

by Anonymousreply 103March 13, 2021 3:56 PM

Powerhouse gym here in Michigan was open illegally and they don’t practice safety precautions at all. There are 200 people in the gym, three wearing masks.

by Anonymousreply 104March 13, 2021 4:00 PM

I might go after I get my shots. I’ll consider it.

by Anonymousreply 105March 13, 2021 4:08 PM

the moment it opens I am back.

by Anonymousreply 106March 13, 2021 4:09 PM

A year ago I was distraught that I had to stop going to my gym. So I went on Amazon and bought dumbbells, resistance bands, a good exercise mat, started walking 5 miles a day (4 days a week) and doing 20-25 pushups a day. (Ok, I don't do pushups every day but almost.) I'm now in better shape than before. I miss the eye candy at the gym but I'm not sure I'm going back.

by Anonymousreply 107March 13, 2021 4:42 PM

Only after I am fully vaccinated

by Anonymousreply 108March 13, 2021 4:44 PM

I assume showers have been open in recent months at most or all gyms? They were shut down, I believe, in the beginning.

I asked at Planet Fitness this week while passing by, and showers are open. But I think they said the available lockers are spaced out?

I know, I know, most hotties skip the gym shower and instead shower at home.

But most important: will we ever get the steam room and saunas back, in regular gyms as well as gay bathhouses? Hmmm....If they do reopen, will most of us take a chance sitting in them even after fully vacinnated? Or will most of us just let our guard down relatively soon despite perhaps saying we've adopted many of the anti-Covid measures for life?

by Anonymousreply 109March 13, 2021 4:44 PM

I just go and do lap swimming. I don’t want to wear a mask while working out.

by Anonymousreply 110March 13, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote]A sign on entry states, “Masks are required,” but hardly anyone obeys.

This apparently depends on where you are. There's basically 100% mask compliance at my gym (also an LA Fitness, but in Oregon). Last summer you could count on getting reported to the gym staff if you weren't wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 111March 13, 2021 4:57 PM

No offense, r109, but you sound like a sleazy little whore.

by Anonymousreply 112March 13, 2021 5:06 PM

Who goes to bathhouses or even wants to in the 21st century?

by Anonymousreply 113March 13, 2021 5:13 PM

I second R109.

by Anonymousreply 114March 13, 2021 5:24 PM

Your horny slutty bottoms just can't help yourselves, can you? The steam rooms are going to become super spreaders thanks to your lack of self-control.

by Anonymousreply 115March 13, 2021 8:08 PM

I think I'm going to wait until I'm fully vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 116March 14, 2021 9:56 AM

R109 actually went to a gym to ask if the showers were open? That's a bit on the nose, innit?

by Anonymousreply 117March 14, 2021 4:08 PM

r4, they are to re-open in April in California.

I will go and will be vaccinated by then

by Anonymousreply 118March 14, 2021 4:22 PM

I will not be going back to the gym until masks are no longer required. Having to work out with a mask on is non starter with me. I also want to be able to use the showers, jaccuzzi & sauna.

by Anonymousreply 119March 14, 2021 4:37 PM

Is the West Side Club in NYC open? I'll be fully vaccinated by the first week of April, and I'm really itching to go to the baths.

by Anonymousreply 120March 14, 2021 4:59 PM

Could you imagine the snickering of the staff if someone were to ask when the showers and sauna open? My god, do people have no shame? I mean, just wear a t-shirt that says "I have sex at the gym."

by Anonymousreply 121March 14, 2021 5:47 PM

I don't know about other places, but in my state gyms never became the Covid hotbed they were expected to be. Indeed, my gym (which is a big multi-story complex with excellent ventilation systems) has not had one case associated with it. I do believe some smaller boutique gyms in the downtown area had some spread, but the whole gym-covid connection never materialized. So I do go to the gym every other day. I do exercise some caution in that I just do cardio, the weight floor is filled with too many dumb young jocks who are far too bro-like to care about covid. And I do stay out of the locker rooms for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 122March 14, 2021 5:56 PM

Surprisingly, my gym reopened about a week ago, the first few days requiring reservations and minimal occupancy. But after a couple days, it's now come anytime you want but masks are required and you're bound to get called out if you don't comply. It's a large, airy 2 story confine, but if I wasn't fully vaccinated, I wouldn't be there. So I've been sore for a week in all those body parts those machines haven't tortured for months. I missed that ache.

by Anonymousreply 123March 14, 2021 9:33 PM

Yes, I am fully vaccinated.

Still have to wear masks though.

by Anonymousreply 124March 14, 2021 10:09 PM

Baahaahahah! I'd have to go to the gym to begin with, in order to return.

by Anonymousreply 125March 14, 2021 10:22 PM

I miss the hotties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 20, 2021 4:00 PM

No masks in ’s (or Jr’s) tiktok ^^.

by Anonymousreply 127March 20, 2021 4:01 PM

That’s common dude

by Anonymousreply 128March 20, 2021 4:03 PM

No masks?

by Anonymousreply 129March 20, 2021 4:05 PM

I was going to ask what the situation is in the locker rooms... because showers, saunas etc. are confined spaces that would easily circulate aerosols. In our city the gyms are open but locker rooms closed for anything but changing - and few do. Showers and facilities shut down.

by Anonymousreply 130March 20, 2021 4:07 PM

There's a storefront gym near my apartment. Whenever I drive by, it is packed with guys without masks or social distancing, mostly hottie douchebaggy-looking muscle bros. I doubt very few, if any of these bros have been vaccinated. How can people risk their lives and potentially the lives of others just to be swole?

by Anonymousreply 131March 20, 2021 4:09 PM

I've been subscribed to a streaming service and working out at home since before covid.

by Anonymousreply 132March 20, 2021 4:16 PM

I do not go to the steamrooms or sauna. I've had my first shot. I may hit the gym again. Should I wait for the second? I read somewhere the first delivers most of the protection?

by Anonymousreply 133March 20, 2021 4:24 PM

R133, I know two people who got sick after their first shot.

by Anonymousreply 134March 20, 2021 4:42 PM

The first Pfizer and Moderna shots is supposed to give up to 80-90% protection after the first two weeks. The second shot boosts it to 94-95% two weeks later.

by Anonymousreply 135March 20, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote] Could you imagine the snickering of the staff if someone were to ask when the showers and sauna open? My god, do people have no shame? I mean, just wear a t-shirt that says "I have sex at the gym."

What’s wrong with asking about an amenity you use? If I used the weight rack I’d ask if it was open. If I used the cardio equipment I’d ask if it was open.

by Anonymousreply 136March 20, 2021 4:52 PM

Wait till the vaccines are widely distributed and then the infections go down and the pandemic dies out.

Of course, that won't happen if the many morons in our society refuse to get vaccines, just as they've refused to wear mask or distance.

by Anonymousreply 137March 20, 2021 4:56 PM

In my state, gyms are open and packed. Most folks aren’t wearing masks

by Anonymousreply 138March 20, 2021 7:07 PM

Same R138.

by Anonymousreply 139March 20, 2021 7:11 PM

Until I get my second shot,it’s long vigorous walks for me.

by Anonymousreply 140March 27, 2021 6:34 AM

If you're old you better get the vaccine before heading back to the gym. If you're young you can easily get the virus but may not even know it or just have a few days of sniffles. Either way, both groups have pretty much now avoided death AND are now immune. Risk/Reward rules.

by Anonymousreply 141March 27, 2021 9:21 PM

[Quote] The first Pfizer and Moderna shots is supposed to give up to 80-90% protection after the first two weeks. The second shot boosts it to 94-95% two weeks later.

The first shots give about 50% protection a week in

by Anonymousreply 142March 27, 2021 11:05 PM

Gyms in Florida are acting like Covid never existed. Gays are fucking in the steam rooms

by Anonymousreply 143March 27, 2021 11:06 PM

The steam rooms are open in FL? I live in NJ. The gyms are open, but I think the shower/steam/sauna area is closed.

by Anonymousreply 144March 28, 2021 1:58 AM

I need to head to Florida...which gym specifically?

by Anonymousreply 145March 28, 2021 11:15 AM

Club FTL.

by Anonymousreply 146March 28, 2021 11:17 AM

R146 a bath house is not a gym.

by Anonymousreply 147March 28, 2021 12:30 PM

^ you sure you know if you're in the right place, hun?

by Anonymousreply 148March 28, 2021 12:39 PM

not yet, but will - likely within the month

by Anonymousreply 149March 28, 2021 1:02 PM

They’re back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 12, 2021 8:30 PM

I've been back since October here in NJ, at least once a week. There really is not much crowd anyway. I think it's safe to go back and ofc if you're fully vaccined, there's really no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 151April 12, 2021 9:37 PM

I will go back immediately.

by Anonymousreply 152April 13, 2021 8:04 AM

I want everything to remain closed. I'm having pandemic nostalgia as the world opens up. I like not seeing anyone or doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2021 10:30 AM

R138 must be in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 154April 13, 2021 10:51 AM

Yes.

I feel perfectly safe. They're constantly wiping everything down (including people if they're stationary too long) and everyone wears masks. After months of lifting weights at home, I'm glad to see people again.

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2021 10:54 AM

I’m not going back until July, after I’ve been fully vaccinated and a couple of extra months to monitor how well vaccinations are protecting against variant strains

by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2021 11:27 AM

I think I’ll go back two weeks after my second shot. Is that ok?

by Anonymousreply 157April 15, 2021 2:30 AM

No—probably never.

by Anonymousreply 158April 15, 2021 2:55 AM

[quote]I think I’ll go back two weeks after my second shot. Is that ok?

Vaccinated wearing a mask, you'll be fine.

I'm vaccinated, not yet ready to do a restaurant, but the gym's been okay. Of course I haven't lifted for over a year so I'm being very careful with how much I'm lifting.

by Anonymousreply 159April 15, 2021 2:59 AM

I assume the gym requires a mask no matter what, yes? Because you can’t prove conclusively you’ve been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 160April 15, 2021 4:23 AM

I'll wait for two weeks after second shot before rejoining the gym.

by Anonymousreply 161April 17, 2021 11:32 PM

I've realised I don't actually enjoy the gym that much, after 9 or so years of going 5 days a week every week. I'm going to take up hiking instead - I live in a beautiful part of the world and being outside in nature seems more appealing to me now. Our whole city is built on hills so even just walking to the bus stop will give me a nice ass. Being ripped doesn't fuss me anymore though, one thing good about what has happened is that I feel I've let go of that.

by Anonymousreply 162April 17, 2021 11:52 PM

Naw I gotta lift heavy weights

by Anonymousreply 163April 17, 2021 11:56 PM

I see people bouncing from gym to gym - wearing a mask in one (my gym), not wearing a mask in another - seems pointless going back now. You’ll be exposed to covid around these people.

by Anonymousreply 164April 18, 2021 12:05 AM

I went today for the first time in 13 months. (I'm vaccinated and wouldn't have gone otherwise.) It was sparsely populated. A lot of the gym is still closed -- no basketball, lockers, showers, sauna, or jacuzzi. Masks are required, but sadly (but maybe not surprisingly) a number of people wore their masks below their nose or their chin.

by Anonymousreply 165April 18, 2021 12:06 AM

In August, when they reopen.

by Anonymousreply 166April 18, 2021 12:09 AM

I called my gym to see if the sauna and shower area were open. The dumb cunt at the font desk who answered the phone was snickering at me. Homophobia is alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 167April 18, 2021 12:09 AM

I would assume that anyone who goes to the gym at this point has already been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 168April 18, 2021 12:09 AM

No ^^ lol!

by Anonymousreply 169April 18, 2021 12:10 AM

Cancel your membership and let them know why R167. Plenty of gyms out there, no need to put up with feeling uncomfortable like that in one.

by Anonymousreply 170April 18, 2021 12:11 AM

Well R167, when you asked "and are there a lot of hot guys in there?" I'd have snickered too

by Anonymousreply 171April 18, 2021 12:13 AM

I started going back 2 wks after my 1st Moderna in LA and it was fine in early am. But my gym is definitely not abiding by the 25% occupancy limit, as morning progresses. Not sure about the later day crowds but the regulars during my time are considerate, and def masking fully and spraying equipment pre- and post use. We're all probably doing a better job wiping down than regular janitorial staff.

by Anonymousreply 172April 18, 2021 12:14 AM

She could have also been happy for you R167.

by Anonymousreply 173April 18, 2021 12:15 AM

never stopped

by Anonymousreply 174April 18, 2021 12:16 AM

I'd rather see the gyms require Covid passports if it means opening up the rest of their facilities. Otherwise, you can forget seeing any more naked guys R167.

by Anonymousreply 175April 18, 2021 12:16 AM

R167, I’m embarrassed for you

by Anonymousreply 176April 18, 2021 12:16 AM

There's nothing wrong with R167. Seeing hot naked men you would never ordinarily see in real life is a huge motivator.

by Anonymousreply 177April 18, 2021 12:18 AM

Buy some weights and a bench

by Anonymousreply 178April 18, 2021 12:56 AM

You don't need a treadmill. Nobody needs a treadmill. Except gerbils.

by Anonymousreply 179April 18, 2021 12:57 AM

Already have- since July. Equinox in NYC. Masks, distance etc. Can be done with thoughtful precautions as recommended by public health experts. No evidence of infection via the club- none.

by Anonymousreply 180April 18, 2021 1:14 AM

[quote] I see people bouncing from gym to gym - wearing a mask in one (my gym), not wearing a mask in another - seems pointless going back now. You’ll be exposed to covid around these people.

Good thing they’ve invented vaccines for COVID now?

by Anonymousreply 181April 19, 2021 10:36 PM

R181 this has been going on for more than a year. These gyms were open illegally as well. Not my gym. But if you’re fine about it - breathe deep.

by Anonymousreply 182April 19, 2021 10:56 PM

I'm fully vaccinated and have been itching to get back to the gym. I've gotten mixed direction. My PCP is very cavalier and says it's perfectly safe, but my friend who's a doctor says he doesn't think it's a good idea until the majority of people in the area have been vaccinated. I want to work out and ogle eye candy again, maybe even hook up with someone back at my place, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I'm torn.

by Anonymousreply 183April 19, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote]Good thing they’ve invented vaccines for COVID now?

Aww, it’s adorable that you think this is over because there’s a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 184April 20, 2021 2:57 PM

It is basically over, r184. Thanks to the vaxxines we've just about reached heard immunity. I'm good with going back to my gym and lifting.

by Anonymousreply 185April 20, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote]lifting

So alpha.

by Anonymousreply 186April 20, 2021 3:19 PM

R185 Experts disagree with that conclusion and say we'll never likely have herd immunity.

“There is no eradication at this point, it’s off the table. The only thing we can talk about is control.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 20, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote] Aww, it’s adorable that you think this is over because there’s a vaccine.

Aww it’s sad that you think you’re still unsafe once fully vaccinated. That’s okay, stay home, toots, didn’t wanna look at you at the gym anyway.

by Anonymousreply 188April 20, 2021 3:28 PM

Hello,

I've been going to the gym in Yonkers and the Bronx since they were opened in September 2020. I work out at the gym about three times a week. I bicycle, walk or run twice a week.

The gym staff monitors and limits capacity so there's often a line to get in. Masks and social distancing are required. I wear a mask and workout weight gloves and wash my hands. For the most part I feel comfortable and safe working out, but I know I have to wash my hands continuously.

What does worry / alarm me is something I've started to notice since returning to the gym in September. There are lots of guys who use the urinal or toilet and don't wash their hands after. Not one or two, a lot, like every third guy.

by Anonymousreply 189April 20, 2021 3:32 PM

Are you a “urinal spy,” R189? I love those videos on porn sites.

by Anonymousreply 190April 20, 2021 3:37 PM

If your 100% vaxxed then you got no chance of getting the chinavirus, and you don't need to wear no dam mask. It don't matter if you go to the gym, restaurant, bar etc... The crisis is over. Time for everyone to get on with life and push this behind us.

by Anonymousreply 191April 20, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote]Time for everyone to get on with life and push this behind us.

People have learned nothing from this. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 192April 20, 2021 4:04 PM

What exactly is there to learn beyond GET FULLY VACCINATED, R192?

by Anonymousreply 193April 20, 2021 4:14 PM

People who are fully vaccinated are still getting the virus. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 194April 20, 2021 4:16 PM

Less than 1% of them are, R194, and that number will fall even lower as more people are vaccinated.

Anything else?

by Anonymousreply 195April 20, 2021 4:17 PM

In fact I’ll go even further than 1% — it’s actually less than 1/10th of 1% who experience breakthrough infections.

by Anonymousreply 196April 20, 2021 4:18 PM

And most people getting infected got j&j vaxxine. Hardly nobody who got pfizer or moderma is getting the virus. So if you didn't get j&j but one of the other two like me, your 100% protected and can do anything you want to. You want your precious science, here it is.

by Anonymousreply 197April 20, 2021 4:23 PM

The numbers are worse, not better, even after half the US has had at least one shot according to the Wall Street Journal yesterday:

Although half of all U.S. adults have had at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a constellation of factors are complicating the country’s fight against the virus. States are scrambling to reorganize vaccination efforts after pausing use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine while U.S. health officials investigate rare but severe cases of blood clots.

[boldThe seven-day average number of new Covid-19 infections eclipses the 14-day average in about half the country, with 40 states hitting that benchmark last Wednesday. And the age distribution of Covid-19 cases showing up in hospitals has shifted to a younger population, as younger people, who haven’t been vaccinated, are helping drive a rise in cases, according to health officials.

The CDC reported Monday that the seven-day average of new Covid-19 cases is at more than 67,443, up 1% from the prior seven-day average of 66,702. Four weeks ago, the seven-day average was 53,000 cases a day, said Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, during a press briefing Monday.[/bold]

The U.S. is in a “complicated stage” of the pandemic, Dr. Walensky said. “The more people get vaccinated, the fewer infections there will be, which means fewer variants will emerge and fewer breakthrough infections will occur and the quicker we can get back to doing the things we love,” said Dr. Walensky.

More than a quarter of the U.S. population has now been fully vaccinated against Covid-19, according to CDC data. The country administered an average of 3.2 million doses a day over the past week, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of CDC data. As of Monday, all American adults are eligible to receive a Covid-19 vaccine, with every state meeting the April 19 deadline set by President Biden.

Hospitalizations, which had been rising in recent weeks, declined 2.8% from a week earlier, according to the latest CDC data. Hospitalizations are down nearly 68% from a post-holidays peak. The spread of highly transmissible variants is also playing a role.

Cases should be going down as vaccines are being rolled out, and yet cases are going up at a worrisome level, said Barry Bloom, professor of public health and an immunologist at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

Michigan opened up sooner than federal health officials would have liked, but so did Texas, said Dr. Bloom. Texas is “doing much better than one might have expected in that circumstance,” he said, and “I would guess that it would be more of the rapidly-spreading strain in Michigan.”

“The virus is trying to survive,” said Dr. Bloom.

It ain't over.

by Anonymousreply 198April 20, 2021 6:17 PM

“I will NEVER let it be over!” vows R198.

by Anonymousreply 199April 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Nobody’s stopping you, R199. Why are you getting upset?

by Anonymousreply 200April 20, 2021 6:28 PM

We were told vaccines were not supposed to protect from Covid, just Covid symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 201April 20, 2021 6:29 PM

Just making fun. What is “It ain’t over” supposed to mean in the context of this thread? What does Michigan have to do with people who are fully vaccinated going to the gym?

It would be one thing if the WSJ’s article was being posted in the general Coronavirus thread, but posted in this one, it comes off as “No, you shouldn’t go to the gym even if fully vaccinated BECAUUUUUSE....” Again I ask: what does any of that have to do with fully vaccinated people?

by Anonymousreply 202April 20, 2021 6:30 PM

And they do, R201. Who told you they aren’t effective against spread?

by Anonymousreply 203April 20, 2021 6:31 PM

I value the opinions of public health experts over R198.

OTOH, here's a self-proclaimed "expert" who's been telling people for a year that COVID was a scam. Until he got it:

“I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying. Just a clusterfuck,” Nugent said on Facebook Live. “I got the Chinese shit.

“My God, what a pain in the ass. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 20, 2021 6:32 PM

R203 That's the thing. R198 told us that we should be surprised that Covid is still here but we already know that and are getting vaccinated anyway.

by Anonymousreply 205April 20, 2021 6:32 PM

Most people who get vaccinated are aware of the risks of infection, but the risk factor for a young or vaccinated person being hospitalized is low enough that it won't alter their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 206April 20, 2021 6:36 PM

I think most people getting vaccinated still don’t know how incredibly low the risk of a breakthrough infection is. They think it’s like a 1 in 10 chance.

by Anonymousreply 207April 20, 2021 6:38 PM

Nugent did not get the vaccine so who cares what he has to say. Fortunately for him, he will likely survive due to better treatments.

by Anonymousreply 208April 20, 2021 6:39 PM

Exactly. Bill Maher mentioned that a certain segment of the population, most of who get their info from cable news, think the virus is 10 times deadlier than it actually is.

by Anonymousreply 209April 20, 2021 6:41 PM

[quote]think the virus is 10 times deadlier than it actually is.

Oh like in India where their crematories are melting, and young people make up the bulk of the dead?

by Anonymousreply 210April 20, 2021 6:45 PM

and they're burning dead bodies in the street as a result, R210

by Anonymousreply 211April 20, 2021 6:48 PM

I want to work out in a gym badly but it is not worth the health risk. This fucking thing is not in our rear view mirror, frustrating as it is, I will wait.

by Anonymousreply 212April 20, 2021 11:58 PM

Go the gym, cruise for cock and work out (in that order lolz) as your normally would. Life is too short to be overly concerned with the china virus that has a 99.8% survival rate. Enjoy yourselves. Life's a banquet.

by Anonymousreply 213April 21, 2021 12:31 AM

Then go cruise gyms R213. Give members the “gay eye”.

by Anonymousreply 214April 21, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote] I want to work out in a gym badly but it is not worth the health risk. This fucking thing is not in our rear view mirror, frustrating as it is, I will wait.

Are you unable to get vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 215April 21, 2021 2:18 AM

Everytime I am gearing up to get back to the gym, something happens on rhe corona front that evade me off.

by Anonymousreply 216April 21, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote]Aww it’s sad that you think you’re still unsafe once fully vaccinated. That’s okay, stay home, toots, didn’t wanna look at you at the gym anyway.

Toots? No one who uses “toots” goes to the gym. Nice try, Uncle Arthur.

by Anonymousreply 217April 21, 2021 1:16 PM

The variants are more infectious and are infecting and killing the vaccinated and the young.

by Anonymousreply 218April 22, 2021 5:44 PM

It’s not killing the unvaccinated

by Anonymousreply 219April 22, 2021 7:31 PM

It’s killing the unvaccinated

by Anonymousreply 220April 22, 2021 7:31 PM

The hysteria queen has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 221April 23, 2021 2:57 PM

I've been going to the gym since Jan. after being vaccinated. Less crowded. Unfortunately no steam or sauna!!

by Anonymousreply 222April 23, 2021 4:43 PM

What's the point of going to the gym if you can't hook up? It's like being taken to Haagen Dazs and then being told you can't order anything.

by Anonymousreply 223April 23, 2021 10:08 PM

😒🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 224April 24, 2021 4:19 PM

Amen, R223.

[quote] The variants are more infectious and are infecting and killing the vaccinated and the young.

You mean in India?

by Anonymousreply 225April 24, 2021 7:55 PM

I have been to the gym every day for two weeks.

Not dead yet

by Anonymousreply 226April 26, 2021 1:37 PM

I ain’t stepping foot in a gym until after Labor Day

by Anonymousreply 227April 26, 2021 3:29 PM

r227, then how do you expect to get laid during the summer?

by Anonymousreply 228April 26, 2021 3:44 PM

R225, No, Michigan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 26, 2021 6:44 PM

R227, that ain’t my style bruh

by Anonymousreply 230April 26, 2021 6:52 PM

I live in Bombay, and am going to the gym tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 231April 26, 2021 6:58 PM

I live in Bombay, and am going to the gym tomorrow. And the funeral pyre in a week or two.

by Anonymousreply 232April 26, 2021 7:13 PM

Am I? WTF. I did already - months ago.

by Anonymousreply 233April 26, 2021 9:21 PM

r233 is posting from a ventilator.

by Anonymousreply 234April 26, 2021 10:11 PM

I was completely vaccinated 2 wks. ago and returned to 3-person masked yoga class today. Glad to be back @ gym.

by Anonymousreply 235April 26, 2021 10:56 PM

Masked yoga. Good god.

by Anonymousreply 236April 26, 2021 11:40 PM

Um no m not r234. Go hide your face in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 237April 26, 2021 11:49 PM

No. We basically put in a home gym before Covid and only started using it because of lock downs. But the truth is we get way better results working out at home.

by Anonymousreply 238April 26, 2021 11:50 PM

Back to the gym, OP?

No. That would imply I’d been there before.

by Anonymousreply 239April 27, 2021 12:00 AM

No need for me to head back until the sauna/steam/showers open up. I have memberships at two different gyms. I've had them for 15 years, and I can honestly say I've only been on the actual gym floor a handful of times LOL. Yes, I'm one of those guys you'd label a "troll" who can spend hours slithering back and forth between the sauna and steam room in search of a gym hookup. However, I'm not as pathetic as you might think.

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2021 12:13 AM

R240, aim higher in life

by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2021 1:29 AM

NYSC is gone for good, right? I would rejoin them if they opened up again. I miss my buddies from there... sigh.

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2021 3:12 AM

Maybe I’ll go back around Halloween. Still too risky

by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2021 12:13 PM

I had my second shot of Moderna 5 days ago, so I’m back in the gym in 9 days from now.

I can’t wait. 50 lb dumbbells at home are not enough.

by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2021 1:09 PM

I've been going to Barry's, Soulcycle, Rumble (both outside and now indoors with the studios open again) and my local Planet Fitness for months. I'm part of the AstraZeneca trial so I got fully vaccinated back in December. Didn't hesitate to go back but my husband was a bit concerned for me at first.

by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2021 1:17 PM

Are the facilities open? We can work out, limited capacity, but the locker rooms and amenities are still shut. It’s great to have proper equipment again though.

by Anonymousreply 246April 27, 2021 1:45 PM

The locker rooms at Barry’s, Rumble and Planet Fitness are open; Soulcycle classes are being held outside so no locker rooms but there is a trailer with toilets available (this is in Brooklyn Heights). This is NYC so capacity is limited but the state just increased it outside of the city so I’m assuming it’ll increase here as well soon.

by Anonymousreply 247April 27, 2021 2:06 PM

NYC is really a different world than the rest of America

by Anonymousreply 248April 27, 2021 2:22 PM

^Thank heaven for that!

by Anonymousreply 249April 27, 2021 3:02 PM

If you think bro

by Anonymousreply 250April 27, 2021 3:07 PM

I've been fully vaccinated and ready to go back, BUT I do cardio and this mask is gonna be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 251April 28, 2021 1:21 PM

Not only have I been back but I got my dick sucked in the steam room today.

by Anonymousreply 252April 28, 2021 5:24 PM

STDs should be your concern r252

by Anonymousreply 253April 28, 2021 5:37 PM

Begone, frau at r253.

by Anonymousreply 254April 28, 2021 5:44 PM

ANY mention of sex, like r252, will immediately bring the sex negative STI shriekers to write their inane comments, like r253

Anyone want to bet that r253 has not been willingly touched by a man for over 25 years?

by Anonymousreply 255April 28, 2021 5:51 PM

I have to take a bus and a subway to get to and from my gym, so I'm not going back until the locker room and showers are open. I'm sure my fellow commuters would thank my sweaty self.

by Anonymousreply 256April 28, 2021 6:00 PM

R255, I’m engaged to be married.

by Anonymousreply 257April 28, 2021 7:46 PM

Man or woman?

by Anonymousreply 258April 28, 2021 7:48 PM

Does your fiancé know that you are a frigid paranoid dip shit r257?

by Anonymousreply 259April 28, 2021 8:35 PM

I had sex literally hundreds of times at the gym and never got an STD once.

by Anonymousreply 260April 29, 2021 1:58 AM

Anyone back at their gym regularly? I'm not going back to mine until I don't have to wear a mask (I'm very pro-mask but don't want to wear one on the StairMaster), until I don't have to make an appointment to work out and until they allow showering again. I do miss the eye candy, though.

by Anonymousreply 261June 7, 2021 7:09 PM

I'm fully vaccinated, but I am waiting to go back until I see if the Memorial Weekend get-togethers and all the laxing of restrictions here in NJ results in a spike over the next few weeks. I'm also concerned about the increase in the Indian variant and its susceptibility to the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 262June 7, 2021 7:14 PM

I am back but the sauna is not yet open so I had to get my dick sucked in the shower today.

by Anonymousreply 263June 7, 2021 7:42 PM

I can’t wait to go back to gym in July

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 11, 2021 5:12 PM

My gym opened free of restrictions on Thursday, and I’ve been there all three days since.

Fucking love it. About 10% of the members are wearing masks. 0% of the staff members, except for the little Latina lady who services the women’s locker room.

by Anonymousreply 265July 4, 2021 4:35 AM

Other than R263, any other ho's back at the gym? (No shame, R263!) Please tell us your smutty, smutty stories while we wait for our gyms to open.

by Anonymousreply 266July 7, 2021 7:06 PM

Gym life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 7, 2021 2:54 PM

My gym has been open for over a yr now. At the beginning of the shut down businesses where only required to close for two months.........guess which state this is?

by Anonymousreply 268August 7, 2021 3:00 PM

R268 Gotta be Texas or Florida.

by Anonymousreply 269August 7, 2021 3:01 PM

Sounds like it

by Anonymousreply 270August 7, 2021 4:39 PM

I intended to go back to the gym after being vaccinated but now with the DELTA and the LAMBADA, "the langwidge of laaaaav" in circulation, I'm gonna sit it out. Indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 271August 7, 2021 4:52 PM

I ended up buying the exercise equipment I needed last year (just a few dumbbells and an an wheel) and I’ve found that I don’t need a gym anymore. I always hated it anyway. I hated having to hype myself up to go.

by Anonymousreply 272August 7, 2021 11:11 PM

I want a Tonal

by Anonymousreply 273August 7, 2021 11:19 PM

I love it that more guys are working out shirtless lately

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274September 11, 2021 3:01 PM

I'm only doing mouth cardio, at home

by Anonymousreply 275September 11, 2021 3:04 PM

[quote]I want a Tonal

I bought this. It's been...surprisingly effective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 11, 2021 3:12 PM

During Covid I lost 30 lbs and I'm in the best shape I've been in a long time, from a Pelaton and a simple weight bench and some free weights. It all fits in a corner of my finished basement. Gyms are dumb. Never again.

by Anonymousreply 277September 11, 2021 3:16 PM

I haven't lost weight, but I've put on muscle, and yeah, also best shape ever.

As an ex-fatty, being told I look jacked was...something.

by Anonymousreply 278September 11, 2021 3:29 PM

How much r276?

by Anonymousreply 279September 11, 2021 5:00 PM

The version I bought they don't sell any amore. It was the only one at the time, which is the base model, but with a barbell, foam roller, and heart rate monitor included. I've actually maxed the included weights on some lifts. They have more than just strength-focused things, like HIIT, yoga, and cardio. The coaches are all great.

Well, the yoga instructor is what I imagine a typical Bay Area yoga instructor is like, so....

by Anonymousreply 280September 11, 2021 5:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!