Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump leads Biden by just 3% in America's most conservative state

Utah could vote for a Democratic presidential candidate for the first time since Lyndon Baines Johnson in 1964.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2020 5:22 AM

Add this to Arizona, Georgia and Deplorable powerhouse Texas close to abandoning the Trumpster Fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2020 6:33 PM

Mark Kelly is going to win the Senate election in AZ and drag Biden along on his coattails.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2020 6:35 PM

I’ve bee following this blog since 2004-the guy who runs it is a GOP supporter. His predictions (except for 2016) have been fairly close to the actual results of the elections.

Right now he has Biden at 316 electoral votes, and the Dems gaining a net of 2 seats-we need to do better there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2020 6:38 PM

Net 2 seats in the senate.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2020 6:39 PM

A gain of eight House seats would be a neat trick.

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2020 6:40 PM

He’s being too conservative about the Senate. The pickup will likely be four or five. If everything breaks our way and the country is ready to thoroughly repudiate the despicable Repukes, it may be as many as seven or eight. But that is pie-in-the sky land.

Arizona

Colorado

North Carolina

Maine

Montana

Possibly Iowa

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2020 6:46 PM

We need to do better with the senate- we need to pick up Maine, 1 of the Georgia seats and try to get IA, KY or MT. If we don’t a decent sized Senate majority it’s going to be rough for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2020 6:47 PM

If people don’t think the images of cities being looted will not boost Trump, they are being delusional. Will be interesting to see polling for next week.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2020 7:02 PM

Utah is not the most conservative state. Wyoming, Idaho, and Oklahoma are more conservative. I've been watching Utah slowly turn from deep red to light red and now to barely red. The deep red chunk of states from Idaho to the east coast is strong. Utah, Montana, Iowa, Missouri, Texas, Ohio are changing bit by bit. N. Carolina and Georgia are starting to go blue. I hope they will hang on to the blue polling. I am being much more adventurous in my senate selections. I'm sticking out my head and saying the dems will pick up 8 to 10 seats in the senate. Of course the dems have to go out and vote

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2020 7:17 PM

Trump will steal the election! If you didn’t see the Press Conference yesterday then you must not realize we are no longer a democracy! Democracy and America are about dead and republicans killed them both!

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2020 8:20 PM

Utah is very conservative but they've never liked Trump and he didn't do as well there in 2016 as in other red states, so the 3% margin isn't all that surprising.

It's because of the Mormons - they think he's immoral.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2020 8:57 PM

I wish the Mormons thought that way.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2020 9:15 PM

[QUOTE] If people don’t think the images of cities being looted will not boost Trump, they are being delusional.

Why would looted cities be a boost to Trump, R8? He’s the President. It’s happening under his watch.

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2020 9:29 PM

Romney should speak up. He's the only vocal member of the GOP to stand up against the orange evil.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2020 9:39 PM

Seriously, the orange turd is NOT Richard Nixon in 1968. He can’t pretend to offer change and stability - when absolute social and economic chaos is happening on his watch. He signed his name to this big fat check. He’s also not facing a divided opposition that was the Democratic party of the 1960s. It is a united front coming for his ass.

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2020 9:43 PM

Yes, precisely, this is not 1968. That was on Johnson’s watch, and the Dems lost that election. Domestic unrest during a president’s term reflects quite poorly on him — especially like here, when he exacerbates the situation. He also looks weak and ineffectual. The stunt of walking to St. John’s yesterday and going to the Shrine today have backfired because the Episcopal and Catholic bishops rebuked both stunts in very strong terms. Plus he looked stupid. He walked over yesterday and held up a bible. Duh. Today he touched the statue. Duh. He looked like a buffoon and a moron.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2020 2:50 AM

[QUOTE] Romney should speak up. He's the only vocal member of the GOP to stand up against the orange evil.

Mittens has already spoken up. His response to Trump’s tyrannical Monday: “I didn’t watch it closely enough to know.” Fucking chickenshit coward!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2020 2:58 AM

R14, Romney covered his ass today when he was asked what his thoughts were on drumpf's photo OP yesterday. I wouldn't depend on him to do much.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2020 4:37 AM

This is always the case for Utah. They always suggest they'll vote for the democrat, and then they all go to the polls and vote for the republican. They can't help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2020 4:46 AM

Agree with R19. Utah turning blue will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2020 5:00 AM

In 2016, Hillary Clinton was beating Trump in the Utah polls, but only for the month of March, immediately after Trump clinched the Republican nomination.

Campaigning, visits from Mike Pence and abusive husbands persuaded Utah to vote for Trump in November.

But seriously, no Democrat has won even Utah surveys since the ‘60s — until Trump started running.

Trump will not do as well as he did in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2020 5:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!