Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrity Sightings

Have you ever seen a celebrity walking on the street or something? Please state the who, where, and when.

by Anonymousreply 191October 9, 2020 7:40 PM

I saw either NSYNC or the Backstreet Boys arriving for check-in at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. It was 20 years ago and I didn’t give a shit which group it was then or now.

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2020 8:26 PM

Beastie Boys in line behind me at airline check in - rude as fuck. One of them kept hitting my back with their giant carry on and I finally turned around and said "hit me one more time and I will cave your fucking head in."

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2020 8:39 PM

Late 90s: John Ritter, Wesley Snipes (West Village)

Late 90s: Lenny Kravitz (Central Park)

Late 90s: Eric Clapton (Jordan Steakhouse - Grand Central Terminal)

Early 00s: Uma Thurman, Sandra Bernhard, Sam Watersron (Whole Foods - Chelsea)

A few years ago: Tracy Ellis-Ross (Upper West Side)

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2020 8:43 PM

I've run into a lot of celebrities in Aspen and Denver over the years. Mainly in the grocery store and in restaurants in Aspen, and on the street or in stores in Denver. The important thing always is to ignore them.

Farrah Fawcett with Ryan O'Neal (ages ago), Cher (also long ago, walking alone), Sally Field, various Fords of Gerald Ford's (that was always in Vail, of course), Janet Jackson, Robert Downey Jr., Christopher Walken, Bruce Willis and his horrid brood, some Backstreet Boys, Lauren Hutton, Paltrow with her last husband, Muhammad Ali, Stevie Nicks with a man I didn't know, Melanie Griffith with Antonion when he looked good, Amy Adams, Bill Murray, Costner from down the street but it was tourist time and the squeals (this was much too late for squeals) made me run, Jeff Bezos and the ex, Kate Perry and Bloom (ugh), Demi Lovato and some bleach-blond thing, Jackie Bisset. That's all I can remember now. Oh - Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell when she was looking like a crone and he still looked good.

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2020 8:51 PM

Why "ugh' for Kate Perry and Bloom?

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2020 8:53 PM

I saw Sam Waterston many times at Hartsfield International Airport (ATL). It was during the years he was starring in “I’ll Fly Away.” They filmed outside of Atlanta.

Several old time Bollywood stars through the years

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2020 8:54 PM

We need descriptions of the way they looked and their behavior not just just a boring list of names!

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2020 9:02 PM

Jude Law - Leicester Square . He was shorter than I expected.

Joshua Jackson - Leicester Square, also. He was in conversation and I heard: "I hate you, I hate you and I hate you" I think he was re-telling a story. lol (early 2000s)

Billy Zane - walking down Compton Street , just looking very confident and cool.

Keira Knightley (with her then-boyfriend Rupert Friend) - trying to be inconspicuous in Covent Garden but I saw her and she put her head down.

Noel Gallagher with Meg Matthews in Picadilly Circus, at the peak of Oasis career. He turned around, looked me up and down with a stink-eye and then turned around again.

Rufus Sewell - He was on the same plane (on the way back from LA). He was in economy class with the rest of us civilians. Nobody bothered him.

Elizabeth Berkley - walking down the street in New York.

Guy Ritchie - dining in the same restaurant as me, in Vauxhall of all places.

Nadine Coyle - dining in the same restaurant in Soho

Adam Garcia - Charing Cross Road (late 90s)

Not me, but my ex saw Madonna, walked right next to her and said hello and was ignored lol

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2020 9:04 PM

I saw r7 at Piggly Wiggly. She looked hungover with her hair curlers still in, buying a pack of Pall Malls and Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2020 9:06 PM

Tori Spelling, Dollar Tree, yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote] Joshua Jackson - Leicester Square, also.

Passport related?

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2020 9:09 PM

R7: Sam Waterston was very nice. Smiling and nodding at people in line.

Uma Thurman/Sandra Bernhard/Tracy Ellis Ross - very tall and very standoffish.

Eric Clapton was drinking alone at the bar.

Lenny Kravitz was walking down the park path wearing a backpack and sunglasses. Shorter than I expected.

John Ritter was talking to a guy on the corner.

Wesley Snipes (another shorty) was standing outside his limo taking to some guys.

I did not say anything to any of them.

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2020 9:09 PM

*talking to some guys. lol

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2020 9:11 PM

.1am. Gil Turners. Keanu. Behind him in checkout line. Tall. Smelled of cigs and Jagermeister. Big zit on back of neck. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2020 9:14 PM

NYC, 7th Avenue just above Times Square. Stopped walking to let some people pass in front of me. It was Matt and Amy Roloff from Big People Little World, along with one of their kids. The parents were almost invisible in the crowd -Had to be difficult to navigate through everyone. This was quite awhile before they split.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2020 9:26 PM

Courtney Love in Vancouver during her glam days. Tried to cut in line with entourage at Rodney’s Oyster House and was soundly rebuffed.

Left in a huff.

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2020 9:29 PM

I live in LA and see celebs all the time. I own a small vintage shop and my nicest celebrity encounters have been with Jennifer Coolidge and with Danny Trejo-nicest man on Earth! Miley and her people stopped in but she was quiet and didn't say much. The worst was Lea Thompson. Cunt. Didn't know her real name but naked pregnant chick from Sex and the City came in... not a huge star but I was thrilled!

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2020 9:30 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker - in Whole Foods - Chelsea NYC

William Dafoe - West Village In front of Marie’s Crisis

Danny Devito - West Village

Joan Allen - crossing the street with her daughter Broadway district

Tons more at the yearly “Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS” flea market.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2020 9:39 PM

Ed Begley, Jr. with his bicycle outside of the Beverly Center back in the late 80s. Sorry, R7, that I can't be more descriptive than that. He was maybe wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I wouldn't have even recognized him if my friend I was visiting in LA hadn't pointed him out to me.

Carrot Top in the gate area in the Orlando airport, then again on the plane as we were boarding. And yes, he's as hideous looking in person as you would expect.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote] Danny Trejo-nicest man on Earth!

I loved him on Dance Fever!

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2020 9:47 PM

Queen Elizabeth II, Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev, Mick Jagger, Andy Warhol, Jackie Onassis, John F. Kennedy Jr, Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep, etc.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2020 9:56 PM

Greta Garbo at the traffic light in front of Tiffany's in 1979.

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2020 10:03 PM

Ute Lemper in a restaurant in London - she’s very small

Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson - stood right beside us in a NYC restaurant - both very quiet and reserved

Alan Rickman window shopping in London

Christian Slater and his girlfriend - in Joe Allen’s London. He was so polite with the waitstaff

Robert Pattison and Kirsten Stewart on a flight to NYC - very quiet though she had to go to the bathroom after the Captain had called seatbelts on for landing. She was railroad thin and skanky. He’s much more handsome in the flesh.

by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2020 10:35 PM

In NYC I saw Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen walking down 5th Avenue.

Also, saw Tony Danza and Sylvester Stallone coming out of a wedding at St. Patrick's once.

Carson Kressley literally walked into me once in NYC on 8th Avenue. At 5'8" he towered over me and probably didn't see me - he did say Excuse me and I'm sorry though - which is more than you get from most people in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 24May 30, 2020 10:44 PM

Why do people always signal their hipness by saying that you must ignore celebrities? This is a particularly NYC thing to do. We get it! You're too cool to get excited about seeing a celebrity! I've seen a ton of celebrities when my spouse and I used to travel a lot in the mid-90s to 2015 or so.

Anyway, Liam Neeson, Swoozie Kurtz, Jodie Foster (separately, at the Four Seasons Bar, Beverly HIlls), William Shatner and Brad Garret (separately, Delmonico's, Las Vegas), Mark Morris and Isaac Mizrahi having dinner next to us at The Ivy (London) while Simon Callow was further down, Ben Kingsley (Citrus, Los Angeles), Sara Gilbert having trouble getting out of a cab in London, Michael York, twice -- once in Hawaii and then in the revolving door at Fortnum & Mason's, Tom Bell crossing Trafalgar Square, Cary Elwes walking up Charing Cross Road and then waiting for luggage at Logan, Julia Louis Dreyfus and Brad Hall were at the same hotel in Hawaii so we saw them quite a bit, Elizabeth Wilson, Dana Ivey, Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates, Sophie Okenado, Eric Holder, Michael Musto (various theaters in New York and London), Kathleen Freeman, Jean Pierre Rampal, the late Earl of Harewood (cousin to the Queen) and the Countess, and Hal Prince was on the transatlantic Queen Mary crossing so I saw him nightly at dinner.

by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2020 11:02 PM

R25: We are excited, but not showing it. Who wants the Madonna experience noted at R8 or a shitty attitude? Most celebs just don't want to be bothered with *annoying fans* during their downtime. Best to play it cool and keep moving.

by Anonymousreply 26May 30, 2020 11:17 PM

I saw Chris Meloni nude in the locker room of my gym several times, when he was in the city to film a movie. We talked at length, he has no problem remaining nude through our conversations. Much hotter in person, his dick just dangles there, hairier pubes than in Oz. It took everything I had to stop myself from asking him if I could give him a blow job. I suspect he'd be cool with it, but he could also complain to the manager. I chickened out. I should have met him in the parking lot, how stupid could I be?

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2020 11:48 PM

R27, how did his ass look in person, and did he have a weird-shaped head that resembles that of Bert of Sesame Street fame?

by Anonymousreply 28May 30, 2020 11:50 PM

My first celebrity encounter was with Cher, on Yonge Street (main drag) in Toronto. It must have been the summer of 1974, and she and Sonny were performing at the CNE Grandstand. I say 1974 because the Yonge Street Mall was still a thing — for a few years the city closed off part of the street in summer for pedestrian traffic, outdoor cafes, etc. I believe 1974 was the last year of the mall.

I was a teenager and I was strolling up the mall (between Queen and Dundas) when I spotted her. She was accompanied by a man whom I assumed was a bodyguard, just strolling up Yonge Street like me. Just ahead of me, a couple stopped her and asked for an autograph. I slowed down as she stopped and signed an autograph for them. She seemed friendly and gracious. Then she and her companion carried on up Yonge Street.

Though she was wearing little makeup, simple ‘70s flared jeans and a cropped top, her physical beauty was astonishing, set off by sheets of glossy black hair streaming to the tiniest waist I’ve ever seen.

I’m starting to sound creepy so I’ll stop. Cher was spectacular in every way in 1974 in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2020 11:51 PM

R27: Or he could've decked you! You played it right lol.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2020 11:53 PM

Thanks for sharing that, R29.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2020 11:57 PM

His ass was thick, R28, plenty to wrap your hands around. I didn't notice how his head was shaped. I was in "OMG, he's naked in front of me and I'm taking in the sight of that basket" mode.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2020 12:03 AM

Linda Hunt. 15th April, 1995, Walking North at the Crosswalk of Warren Ave. and Mercer Street, Seattle. I remember the day because I was on my way to break up with a tosser I'd been dating for three months.

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2020 12:05 AM

Martin Chambers, 16th February 1996, at a restaurant in Crouch End, London. He was with a few small children. The dude either was crusing me, or he thought I was somebody he recognized but couldn't place the face. I knew he had something to do with rock and roll, but couldn't put my finger on it. However, when somebody has children with them, I don't ever approach.

And finally, my list ends with former Seattle Mariners member Jay Buehner. I sat next to him at the Eastgate Applebee's waiting for a table. He is HUGE. I actually spoke to him (he had kids with him) and told him I could so one of the kids could sit there (I was sitting right next to him). I didn't acknowledge who he was. He was really sweet, and told me it was fine. I refrained from asking if he could spare a few minutes alone so I could verify the size of his enormous endowment.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2020 12:10 AM

Thanks, R32.

by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2020 12:14 AM

R34, where is Eastgate?

by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2020 12:15 AM

Any Janeane Garofalo sightings?

by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2020 12:17 AM

[quote]Any Janeane Garofalo sightings?

Actually, yes. Many years ago I was looking through the CD bins/racks at the Virgin Records Megastore at Sunset & Crescent Heights and became peripherally aware of a rather plain lady wearing absolutely no makeup standing a few feet from me, likewise engrossed with the CDs. I looked at her and it was indeed Janeane Garofalo. I don't remember which of us some first, but we chatted a minute or so and agreed that the Virgin Megastore was much nicer than the Tower Records up Sunset. An hour or so later, I saw her getting into her vehicle in the underground parking lot. It was a Ford pickup of some type, I want to say a Ranger. She was a nice, unaffected lady.

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2020 12:49 AM

R38 Love it. She's a big music fan.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2020 12:50 AM

[quote][R38] Love it. She's a big music fan.

I was trying to remember specifically what section this occurred in. I want to say it was International Music, but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2020 1:02 AM

R40 yeah, she lives in NYC now.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2020 1:04 AM

I once saw Miss Warwick walking down the street. I walked on by.

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2020 1:10 AM

I saw Betty Buckley at Joe T Garcia's in Fort Worth one night. It was late in the evening on a slow day and the dining room was mostly empty. Just her group at one table, my husband and I at another, and maybe a couple of other tables with people at them. I think she and her group may have come from some horse event at the Will Rogers Colosseum. They were all in jeans and boots. Of course, in Fort Worth that's typical every day attire for some people.

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2020 1:18 AM

Two sightings out of many:

Liza Minnelli and David Gest, in a restaurant on the Upper East Side. You only noticed her, of course. She seemed unhappy and was a bundle of nervous energy. She kept getting up to go outside to pace and smoke.

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, having dinner with director Mike Nichols and his wife, Diane Sawyer. SJP’s features, in person, are softer than they appear in photographs. But the star of table was Nichols. He was the only one who spoke, and he went on and on about “when Elaine and I did this” and “when Elaine and I did that.” “Elaine” was his former comedy partner, Elaine May. They had split in 1961, yet, at least forty years later, she was all he could talk about. And the best part: at the end of the meal Nichols and Sawyer suddenly evaporated and left SJP and Broderick with the check.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] They had split in 1961, yet, at least forty years later, she was all he could talk about.

They reunited in the mid 90s, so perhaps this was around that time or after?

by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2020 1:31 AM

R45, I did not know that. It was about five to ten years after that, I think.

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2020 1:33 AM

R21 Hitler, Mussolini, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jesus H. Christ. What Eveh.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2020 1:39 AM

This goes back a hundred years or so. I was at my summer job in college, working in an office on K St. in DC. My best friend's girlfriend and I made a lunch date to meet in Lafayette Park. When we got there, they were setting up a shooting for "All the President's Men." There were two guys that looked a lot like Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford were there. Both were short. "Dustin" more-so than "Robert." "Robert" had no shirt on. We watched them throughout lunch and decided that it was actually Dustin Hoffman and a stand-in for Robert Redford, because "Robert" just carried himself in a rather arrogant manner--it didn't seem Redford's style.

In retrospect, I think they were both the real deal. So, at least I get to think I spent a lunch hour watching Robert Redford, in his prime, running around with his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2020 1:40 AM

This is kind of cheating, but if you go to theater in NY you're bound to run into actors in the audience. Off the top of my head over the years, in no particular order

Sigourney Weaver - lobby of Vivian Beumont for Kevin Kline's Ivanov

Danny de Vito, Rhea Perlman and kids nearby in audience at something on Broadway

Antonio Banderas, Melanie Griffith and Lauren Bacall -- in audience at the original Bway Sunday in the Park with George. Bacall was right behind the couple & they were chatting. My parents were super excited to see her.

Robe Lowe -- in audience at Spring Awakening. He was hanging out in the orchestra aisle at intermission, waiting for people to notice him

Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson -- in audience at No Child at the Barrow St theater

by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2020 2:06 AM

R49 here - forgot the big deal: Meryl at Kline's Lear at the Public

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2020 2:08 AM

Any Janeane Garofalo wig stories?

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2020 2:12 AM

Another L.A. resident here, with too many sightings over the years to list them all, but two favorites were: 1) Rutger Hauer in his "Ladyhawke" days jaywalking in front of me across Wilshire Blvd. in Beverly Hills. We locked eyes as I stopped for him, but I often wonder what might have been if he had ended up on the hood of my car; and, for less obvious reasons, 2) Charles Kimbrough (Jim on "Murphy Brown") in an elevator of a building where I worked in the mid-1990s. He was the only person there when I got on, and I could tell that he could tell that I recognized him. I smiled politely, and he smiled politely back, and then we politely exited into the lobby. I spent those few seconds trying not to stare at him while thinking how tall and much more handsome he was in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2020 2:38 AM

NYC here , more sightings than I can count. The one that sticks in my mind is Mariska Hargitay running up to me on west 46th street asking "which way is 9th ave?" I thought she was joking since we were literally 20 feet away from the corner of 46th and 9th. I pointed to it and she said thanks and went on her way.

by Anonymousreply 53May 31, 2020 3:01 AM

[quote] The one that sticks in my mind is Mariska Hargitay running up to me on west 46th street asking "which way is 9th ave?" I thought she was joking since we were literally 20 feet away from the corner of 46th and 9th.

Perhaps there was the aftermath of a car crash she wanted to witness.

by Anonymousreply 54May 31, 2020 3:02 AM

Gloria Swanson. San Diego Zoo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2020 3:03 AM

R55, did she buy it?

by Anonymousreply 56May 31, 2020 3:04 AM

R26 - I agree (I was the one who posted the Madonna encounter). It's not about being cool, I want to say hi sometimes but I do not want to bother anyone during their downtime. I have waited for autographs outside theatre stage doors before, which may be annoying too but they are at work, at least that is how I rationalise it lol . Anyone else can do what they want, it's just a personal thing with me. I think we all want a celebrity to be in a good mood but the reality is that they're human too and may not want to. My friend had a better encounter with Madonna (near her London home when she was married to Guy Ritchie). She said there was a crowd of fans so she stood back to be respectful. Madonna seemed a bit more receptive to her and shook her hand, also stating that she was sorry she cannot give an autograph but if she did that then she'd have to give everybody one.

by Anonymousreply 57May 31, 2020 1:27 PM

R5, because Perry is creepy to me and Bloom was doing his "I'm a caveman" look. It wasn't a private appearance because she obviously had called the paps.

by Anonymousreply 58May 31, 2020 2:21 PM

I saw lots of celebrities when I lived in NYC.

90s

Madonna carrying Lourdes on Central Park West. I was walking behind them and didn’t notice who it was at first. Her daughter looked to be 4/5 years old and had earrings, that’s what got my attention. Then I noticed two bodyguards on either side of them and that’s when I realized who it was. They turned on 64th street and that was it.

I also saw Bruce Willis, Demi Moore and their kids coming out of the Beresford into a black SUV.

Saw Julia Roberts and Lenny Kravitz (not together) walking down CPW alone.

2000s

Sam Waterston at Whole Foods in Chelsea

Keifer Sutherland standing alone outside a building in Washington Street in the West Village. He was smoking, looked pensive.

Julianne Moore walking with her lookalike daughter. Casual, no makeup (as far as I could tell) not bringing any attention to herself.

I sat across from Richard Thomas on the subway.

I was on the 72nd street crosstown bus with Andrew McCarthy. He called a doctor’s office to tell them he’s running late. I was on the same bus a few months or weeks later, Caroline Kennedy tried to get on at Madison Avenue but she didn’t have a metrocard, the driver wouldn’t let her get on. She was not pleased.

In 2019 - Maggie Gyllenhaal and her kids on the 2 train in Brooklyn. I think they got on at Grand Army Plaza and got off a Borough Hall. She was talking with her kids and I immediately recognized her voice. Wouldn’t have noticed otherwise.

In Paris 2012 I saw Jean DuJardins in the Marais. He was on the street with a boy who I assumed is his son. They were talking with 2-3 people, I can’t remember anything about them.

by Anonymousreply 59May 31, 2020 5:16 PM

Two Sam Waterston at Whole Foods in Chelsea sightings! Wow.

by Anonymousreply 60May 31, 2020 5:22 PM

[quote] I sat across from Richard Thomas on the subway.

Did the mole burn a hole into you?

by Anonymousreply 61May 31, 2020 5:23 PM

[quote] I was on the same bus a few months or weeks later, Caroline Kennedy tried to get on at Madison Avenue but she didn’t have a metrocard, the driver wouldn’t let her get on. She was not pleased.

Perhaps she couldn't afford a card. She needed assistance.

by Anonymousreply 62May 31, 2020 5:24 PM

Score it, R62!!

by Anonymousreply 63May 31, 2020 5:32 PM

I helped Ray Fiennes in the West Village, he was looking for the subway. ( I recognized his face but thought he was someone from my previous job).

I saw Sigourney Weaver at the NY Botanical Gardens.

Near Columbus Circle, I pointed out to my cousins from Montreal and to my brother that I thought the woman hailing a taxi was Carly Simon, but it turned out to be Steve Tyler from AEROSMITH. A year later the same cousins and the same brother were leaving a Broadway show, it was very crowded on the street, so we tried to walk along the wall, just as a stage door opened and Marisa Tomei walked out.

I saw Billie Jean King getting out of a subway near the a museum on the Upper West Side and I told her I think she's a hero.

by Anonymousreply 64May 31, 2020 6:00 PM

My best straight pal / former colleague is the older brother of a NYC - based Tony & Grammy winner. I've met him maybe ten times in 25 years, usually at birthday parties or barbecues.

by Anonymousreply 65May 31, 2020 6:06 PM

Madonna sat in front of me at a Sandra Bernhard show in Scottsdale, AZ in 1990. I was in college and loved her and fagged the fuck out. During intermission, my lesbian friend tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around and said hi to us. I started to babble and saw her huge security coming over. I said" I probably better lean back and leave you alone," she said, "probably for the best".

by Anonymousreply 66May 31, 2020 9:08 PM

I flew back from Helinski with Dee Snider of "Twisted Sister". I remember thinking if the plane went down would his name be in my obituary? Vey odd hair.

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2020 1:28 AM

Michelle Pfeiffer. Long time ago. Starbucks. She was wearing a ball cap, sunglasses, and a track suit. I know it was her because there had been sightings of her recently. For some reason, I looked down at her feet (maybe because she was covered up except for her feet). Very nice feet, toenails painted a very light pinkish white. Her demeanor and body language were very low key.

by Anonymousreply 68June 1, 2020 2:02 AM

[quote] Beastie Boys in line behind me at airline check in - rude as fuck. One of them kept hitting my back with their giant carry on and I finally turned around and said "hit me one more time and I will cave your fucking head in."

R2, that's a great story. What was their reaction?

by Anonymousreply 69June 1, 2020 2:03 AM

[quote]I thought the woman hailing a taxi was Carly Simon, but it turned out to be Steve Tyler from AEROSMITH

This is pretty hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 70June 1, 2020 2:06 AM

R59, you reminded me: Maggie Gyllenhall and Peter Sarsgaard at the next table at a now defunct Japanese restaurant in Tribeca. Very relaxed. 2010 or so

Tracey Ulmann and her teenage son on BART in San Francisco, 2005 or so. He was having a sullen teenager moment - I smiled sympathetically and she rolled her eyes and smiled back.

by Anonymousreply 71June 1, 2020 2:26 AM

I've seen many celebrities out and about over the years, but the only one I was ever really impressed by was way back in 1974. I had started a new job just out of college and was sent to Los Angeles to visit a branch operation. I went into a book store on a Saturday morning and as I was perusing the books someone came up and brushed against me and said "oh I am sorry". I turned and to my amazement it was my favorite childhood star Moe Howard of the Three Stooges. He was very old, totally white hair, and VERY tiny, but there was no mistaking him. I was so overwhelmed I just gushed "MOE!" and grabbed him in a big hug. And surprisingly he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back. We eventually moved over to an area where we could sit and we talked for about 15 minutes. He was the nicest and most humble person you can ever imagine. He talked about his brothers Shemp and Babe (Curly) and how sad it made him to lose them. He said "losing Babe really hurt for a long time". Eventually his wife came into the store to retrieve him and he introduce me to her. He gave me a card with his address on it and we made our goodbyes. I wrote to him a couple times after that and he responded each time. But sadly within a year he was dead. I sent a card to his wife and she wrote back. Such absolutely lovely people they were.

by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2020 2:50 AM

Awesome story, R72.

by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2020 2:53 AM

Charleston Heston at a restaurant in the 70s, I was just a kid. He said hello politely as he passed other diners. Judd Hirsh filming something at North Park College behind my high school in Chicago in the 80s, Cindy Crawford at her 10 year high school reunion in DeKalb, IL. She was a lot thinner in person, the camera really does add weight. She was rude to young girls waiting outside to see her. Passed by numerous movie sets working downtown Chicago back in the day. Curly Sue filmed by our office building and Backdraft I saw them filming from the L. Its fun to stop and watch. I also met Linda Blair at a late night Exorcist screening in the south suburbs in 2011 I think it was. Paid for photo and autograph. She was friendly but brief.

by Anonymousreply 74June 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Lived in NYC from 1989 to 2014. In early 1990s, worked out at a small gym on UWS a few times; Matt Dillon did sit-ups next to me. Lou Reed on UWS street. Laurence Fishburn at another gym in TriBeCa late 1990s when I worked down there; it was a great place for sightings since my office was in same building as Miramax. Several JFK Jr sightings (and yes he was stunning), Robert De Niro, Harvey Keitel, Meryl Streep, Lauren Hutton. Joseph Gordon Levitt at a movie launch near Union Square. when I lived in Brooklyn, I lived near Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams. I only saw her on the street, almost always smoking up a storm. Spoke with Kerry Russell at a wine store once, and then Rosie Perez at another wine store a few years later, both in Brooklyn. My last place in Brooklyn was across the street from minor actress Lake Bell, who liked my Boston Terrier. Saw ima Thurman in a restaurant once and Sophia Coppola in another

by Anonymousreply 75June 1, 2020 3:32 AM

Justin Bieber in Amsterdam

by Anonymousreply 76June 1, 2020 3:33 AM

I forgot I also saw Catherine Zeta-Jones filming in Brooklyn Heights once. Must have had an on-set tutor for her because she looked all of 15.

by Anonymousreply 77June 1, 2020 3:36 AM

I ran into Dinah Shore in a Publix in Jupiter Florida in 1978. We both were picking through pineapples. I was very young, obviously. She spoke to me about how to test for ripeness. I barely recognized her, but when I did I sheepishly asked for an autograph. She signed her name on a $5 bill. I treasure it. She was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 78June 1, 2020 3:47 AM

[quote] Justin Bieber in Amsterdam

Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 79June 1, 2020 3:56 AM

Christopher Atkins refueling his red Ferrari 308 at a gas station in Studio City. This would have been about 1982-1983. I pulled up to the next pump and started a conversation about his car. I think he was surprised I knew his name. He was very friendly and we chatted for about five minutes, mostly about Ferrari’s. I remember he said he was on his way to the airport to pick up his younger brother, who was flying in from Rye, NY for a visit.

by Anonymousreply 80June 1, 2020 3:59 AM

[quote]Charleston Heston

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2020 4:49 AM

r78 Jupiter was the home of the Mr. Burt Reynolds Dinner Theatre, so that must have been during the Dinah-Burt years.

by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2020 4:50 AM

R82, it may have been. My stepfather's home was not far from there, just a short drive down A1A.

by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2020 4:58 AM

Jerry Seinfeld and his wife were waiting in line to buy movie tickets at the century city movie theater. This is probably 2001. It was chilly & sprinkling outside so I put on a Yankees cap. I was standing one person behind him. He turned around and looked right at me. Most likely because he’s a Yankees fan. Then he turned back around and went about his business.

by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2020 5:56 AM

Damn autocorrect r81. I swear I didn't type "Charleston". My parents were huge fans.

by Anonymousreply 85June 1, 2020 1:43 PM

R59, Maggie moved to Park Slope from the West Village. Recently read the family is moving from the Slope, didn't say where to.

by Anonymousreply 86June 1, 2020 3:46 PM

As I was going in to pick-up my dry cleaning on Bethune Street, Daniel Radcliffe was walking out carrying shirts on metal hangars.

by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2020 3:48 PM

Cedars Sinai West Medical Office building on Third St. Anthony Edwards in the elevator. I got off on 5, he stayed on. He was wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and nasty sandals. One of his big toes was fungal. Maybe he was going to a podiatrist?

Same building, different occasion. Jennifer Aniston in an elevator. She was really pretty, shorts, white blouse, and holding her sunglasses and phone. I was walking to my car (I found the holy grail there -- street parking!), and I saw her being seated at Barefoot Cafe.

My dentist was in this building.

by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2020 3:58 PM

[quote]Daniel Radcliffe was walking out carrying shirts on metal hangars.

He must be awfully strong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 1, 2020 4:25 PM

Not me, but a friend who was working the ticket booth at a rough-neighborhood movie theater in the St. Louis way back. Nuryev and Margot Fonteyne come up to buy tickets. They were killing time between a rehearsal and performance. She said that they were charming and fun and talked a lot to her. And that you could feel Nureyev's "gravity," like she was just drawn to him.

I like stories about celebrities feeling relaxed and okay. I ran into Cleo Laine once on the sidewalk outside a performance hall where she had appeared. Her husband and musicians had a car take them to the hotel and hers didn't show, so we talked while she waited in the dark. She was great company and I waited with her until her ride showed up, almost a half hour.

by Anonymousreply 90June 1, 2020 5:01 PM

My sister and my baby niece stood in line in front of Julia Roberts at Safeway in Roland Park MD. She was there filming Runaway Bride. She was sweet to my niece and everyone was quiet and respectful until she left the store, then everyone started cheering and yelling.

by Anonymousreply 91June 1, 2020 5:16 PM

Additional street sightings in Manhattan: Chris Meloni with wife and another couple in West Village in his SVU days (he gave off big dick energy); Connie Britton in East Village where she seemed to be waiting to meet someone for brunch; Nate Berkus in SoHo looking short but very preppy handsome; quirky Amy Sedaris in West Village last year (in the mid 1990s she still did part-time waitressing and served me and my friends at Marion’s Continental — big shy when we told her how much we loved her stage work).

Gay C-list encounter in 1992: made out with Michelangelo Signorile at a cocktail party during the Democratic National Convention. Friend of mine worked for the Dems and got us into a gay donors party at a hotel. Made out with Signorile who was known mostly for his outing articles. Sort of sexy. Invited me to go with his group to another party but I stayed with my friend.

by Anonymousreply 92June 1, 2020 7:31 PM

Harry Truman, JFK, Bush, Sr., Bill Clinton, Ted, Rose, Jackie, and Caroline Kennedy.

Anthony Eden, John Bercow, John Major, Roy Jenkins

Steve McQueen, Roy Scheider, Ann Miller, Judy Garland, Lauren Bacall, Jason Robards, Princess Stephanie, Rob Lowe, the B52’s, Madonna, Rosie O’Donnell, Queen Latifah, Smokey Robinson, Mel Brooks, OJ Simpson and Nicolle, F. Lee Bailey, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell, Ali G, Helmut Schneider, Alice Faye, Carrie Fisher, Steve Martin, Justice Stephen Breyer, Claudette Colbert, Cher, Lily Tomlin, Lee Remick, Tommy Tune, Kofi Anon, Lee Iacocca, David Brinkley, Barbara Cook, Bobby Orr, Bill Russell, Carl Yastrzemski and Shirley Bassey.

by Anonymousreply 93June 1, 2020 7:36 PM

Not sure if this counts but I went to London for a few days in 2012. It happened to be at the same time as Trooping the Colour - the celebration of the Queen’s birthday. I had a spot right up front on the parade route and got to see Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip go by in their carriage; Harry, Kate, and Camilla in another; Andrew and his daughters; then William, Anne, and Charles all on horseback.

As an American, I thought it was pretty neat to see them all in the flesh - have some great pictures of it too.

A few days later the new Spider-man movie opened in Leicester Square and I saw Emma Stone going down the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 94June 1, 2020 7:43 PM

Eugene Levy in NYC - taller than I expected. (Not sure what I expected.)

Chatted with Jimmy Page in London and when I told him I was a fan, he gave me a huge hug. Very sweet guy.

Worked out in same DC gym as George Stephanopoulos back in the 90s. Also very nice, somewhat quiet.

Many, many others as I lived in DC, LA and Austin (SXSW).

by Anonymousreply 95June 1, 2020 7:44 PM

R91

I’m blanking on where the Roland Park Safeway is? I remember the Eddie’s but where is the Safeway?

by Anonymousreply 96June 1, 2020 7:47 PM

R94 We were in London and saw the Trooping as well! That was the trip when I met Jimmy Page in Kensington.

by Anonymousreply 97June 1, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote] Chris Meloni with wife and another couple in West Village in his SVU days

R92, how did his ass look in person, and did he have a weird-shaped head that resembles that of Bert of Sesame Street fame?

by Anonymousreply 98June 1, 2020 7:51 PM

I'm not sure R97, it may not have been Safeway. It was ages ago and she was visiting our cousin who had just gotten married and moved into the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 99June 1, 2020 7:53 PM

R98 it was spring time. Meloni was wearing short sleeves, and his arms and chest looked buff and sexy. His jeans were kind of loose, so his ass was not pronounced. He was wearing a Kangol hat (annoying) so I couldn’t tell you about his skull. But his sharp facial features were sexy, and he had a nice smile. My friends and I were waiting on the sidewalk for our restaurant reservation. He and his friends walked by and then up the stairs to a brownstone next door and buzzed the door bell. My friends and I couldn’t take our eyes off of him even if his ass was not on best display.

by Anonymousreply 100June 1, 2020 7:59 PM

My grandmother sat next to Keith Richards at Carnegie Hall without recognizing him. I don't know the performance, but she only went to classical concerts. She offered him a cough drop at intermission, and they chatted for a while. She eventually noticed the attention he was attracting and someone clued her in. She said he was perfectly charming.

by Anonymousreply 101June 2, 2020 1:58 AM

I forgot about red carpets! I saw Halle Berry on the carpet for Kingsmen 2. She's stunning. Also, Claudia Schiffer and Matthew Vaughn, and Johnathan Ross. I also saw Angelina on the red carpet for Tomb Raider and also, her father and brother, James haven and Jon Voight, were there signing autographs. I saw Djimon Hounsou and Dominic Monaghan outside the Dorchester hotel, Dominic was stopped by a LOTR fan and he signed an autograph and said he was on his way for a date and was late. Leanne Rimes near Covent Garden.

by Anonymousreply 102June 2, 2020 5:08 PM

D Bowie in Times Square, Saturday summer afternoon, 1980, getting out of a limousine to go into the theater to rehearse "Elephant Man". It was an era of weirdly-colored punk hair, but his shade of orange was recognizable from many blocks away.

Matt Dillon: all over Soho and Little Italy, '89-'91.

JFK Jr. in Fanelli on Prince St., several times in the early '90s. He say at the bar, so you could only tell who it was by looking in the mirror behind the bar.

Dennis Hopper and Julian Schnabel, attending each other's art openings, same day, in Soho.

Susan Sontag a few times in Soho, made small talk, she recommended some neighborhood restaurants, waved to me from a restaurant window one Spring evening towards sundown. I thought she was a perfectly sunny personality, agreeable and funny.

John Gotti, walking down Lafayette on Friday spring evening, all dressed up the night before his son got married; I heard on the news that he must have been leaving the rehearsal dinner. I waved to him slightly as we went past each other, thinking at first that he was somebody I knew (because I recognized him). It was slightly scary in retrospect.

Used to see A. Ginsberg all the time, going into and leaving his apartment on 12th. Late one night in the summer, I was walking by and helped him carry some suitcases that he had just been dumped out of a cab with, so he didn't have to leave them sitting there while he carried a load upstairs (no elevator).

Elvis Costello in Academy Books and Records on 18th, one freezing Sunday afternoon, January 1990. Later the same day, Ed Koch over by No. 1 Fifth Ave., looking enormous, OLD, and miserable out in the same cold weather.

by Anonymousreply 103June 3, 2020 4:55 PM

James Earl Jones, in what must have been his pajamas, out on Broadway to maybe use a bank machine, at the corner of Prince St. Around 1990.

by Anonymousreply 104June 3, 2020 4:58 PM

R79 I was at the Westin in Amsterdam. It was early in the morning and I was going to breakfast. He was in the lobby, by himself, I said hello and he said hello back. He was tiny. Seemed nice enough. This was when he made the comment about Ann Frank: "She would have been a Bieliber". I did not know he said that at the time.

by Anonymousreply 105June 4, 2020 3:03 PM

Back when they were married I saw Nic Cage and Patricia Arquette walking along Franklin St in SF. (He used to own a big old house on Franklin, maybe still does.) They were walking together, holding hands I think. She was wearing a knit top and an ill-fitting bra and I could clearly see breast flesh bulging out above the bra line. I was in the street on a scooter.

A couple years ago I was an usher at a Sketch Fest event featuring the cast of "Better Things." After I left the theater I bopped into a drugstore on the corner. When I walked out to wait for the red light at the corner I was standing next to Dietrich Bader, one of the "Better Things" cast, and known for many other comedy shows and movies (Drew Carey Show, Office Space, more). We chatted a bit and crossed the street together, as we parted ways he asked my name and said it was nice meeting me, which was unexpected. He seemed like a really nice and normal guy, taller than I, and still cute.

Last summer at JFK I hear Natasha Lyonne talking on her phone behind me and I turned around to gawk at her because I love her so. She did not like it and turned her back on me! Waaaaaaah!

by Anonymousreply 106June 4, 2020 3:41 PM

^^ The comment about the voice reminded me: one nice Spring Sunday in about 1992, I was up at the Wave Hill estate in Queens, overlooking the river, for a photography exhibit, along with a friend of mine. The lawn is very big, a park really, and there were hordes of people there hanging out in the sun. From very far away, we could hear a woman with a Germanic accent talking 90 miles an hour. I said to my friend, "Listen! It's Doctor Ruth!" Sure enough, she came charging towards us from about a quarter mile away, headed up to the mansion itself, gabbing away with a young person who was beside her. As she rolled past us, she interrupted her monologue and said "Hello! How are you?", and picked back up mid-sentence as she kept on going.

by Anonymousreply 107June 4, 2020 4:27 PM

Lea Thompson does look like a Karen, so I'm not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 108June 4, 2020 4:37 PM

Shared a crowded elevator with JFK Jr in Century City 1987. He politely steeped aside to let me in. We didn't speak or crash.

by Anonymousreply 109June 4, 2020 4:37 PM

I saw JFK Jr. on the street on three occasions in the late 90s. He looked exactly the same in person, he was absolutely striking. Even if he hadn't been famous and was just some anonymous Joe walking down the street, he still would've stopped traffic.

by Anonymousreply 110June 4, 2020 4:37 PM

JFK Jr. was way better looking than anyone else in that family.

by Anonymousreply 111June 4, 2020 4:56 PM

He was lucky to get all the Bouvier looks and none of the Kennedy looks. Caroline, unfortunately is the opposite. She looks like her horse-faced Kennedy aunts.

by Anonymousreply 112June 4, 2020 4:59 PM

R107 She was at our table (and lecturing onboard) on a Celebrity cruise out of Galveston about 10 years ago over Christmas. She's lovely, friendly, and tiny: the waiters had to put two pillows on her chair so we could see her when she sat down.

Walter Cunningham, the astronaut who flew Apollo 7 was onboard that cruise as well. Fascinating - and friendly and approachable - guy. My husband is ex-Navy and when Cunningham saw his ship's t-shirt, they were instant pals for the rest of the cruise. We had breakfast with him twice.

by Anonymousreply 113June 4, 2020 5:06 PM

[quote]A couple years ago I was an usher at a Sketch Fest event featuring the cast of "Better Things." After I left the theater I bopped into a drugstore on the corner. When I walked out to wait for the red light at the corner I was standing next to Dietrich Bader, one of the "Better Things" cast, and known for many other comedy shows and movies (Drew Carey Show, Office Space, more). We chatted a bit and crossed the street together, as we parted ways he asked my name and said it was nice meeting me, which was unexpected. He seemed like a really nice and normal guy, taller than I, and still cute.

DIEDRICH, not Dietrich. Currently starring on "American Housewife."

by Anonymousreply 114June 4, 2020 6:46 PM

Larry David, examining the list of ingredients on a jar of cashew butter at Rainbow Bridge Natural Food in Ojai, CA, in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 115June 4, 2020 6:51 PM

R114 Oh SNAP!

by Anonymousreply 116June 5, 2020 12:41 PM

One Friday afternoon in the early Spring, 1990, in NYC, I had gotten off work early in Newark and taken the PATH train back to the World Trade Center, to get the subway up to Soho. The train pulled into the station, and I was going up the only escalator that was going up, since the rest of the bank of escalators was set to go down for the rush hour folks who would mostly be leaving the city, about 8 other escalators. The escalator I was on was very narrow, and was the one that was closest to the train platform, down where the train was still waiting a minute for anybody to get on. I looked up the steep incline to the ground level, and realized that a maniac was running down the "up" escalator towards me, dementedly determined to get on the PATH before it left the platform. He got closer and closer, and I saw that he was wearing a kind of London Fog trenchcoat, and had a mane of long curly dark hair that stuck out in all directions. He got up to where I was blocking his descent, and violently knocked me aside as he squeezed past me without saying a word, with a look of near-insanity in his eyes. Up close, you could see that he was shockingly tan, almost like he had been roasted in an oven. It was Gene Wilder. I swear. It was less than a year after the death of Gilda Radner.

by Anonymousreply 117June 5, 2020 1:23 PM

Used to work in a vintage clothing store. ScarJo never never put any of the clothes she tried back on their hangers. This is a problem because the hangers are curated to match the garments. I also suspect she was less than gentle with the zippers! We have a stained measuring tape in the dressing room, use it!

by Anonymousreply 118June 5, 2020 7:00 PM

In the mid-80s, a friend and I decided to drive up to Santa Fe from Albuquerque for the day. She was a quilter and wanted to get some supplies from a quilt shop there. On the way there, we did a bunch of mushrooms, so by the time we hit Santa Fe, we were starting to feel the effects of the ‘shrooms pretty hard. Somehow my friend was able to carry on a conversation with the shop owner, but the multiple quilts that were displayed on the walls and ceiling began to freak me out....waaaay too many vivid colors and patterns! I told my friend I’d wait for her outside and went scurrying to the front of the shop, flinging open a VERY rickety screen door. The door slammed into a tall man walking down the sidewalk, richocheted off him, and bounced back to smack me, but not painfully. The man was very concerned that I might be hurt, and apologized several times, even though the incident was totally my fault. He seemed HUGE....at least a foot taller than me, but that could have just been the ‘shrooms chattering away in my brain. He put his hands on my shoulders, asking again if I was okay. I also apologized and assured him I was fine. He said goodbye, then walked off and began chatting with a small, bearded guy with a ponytail. It was Gene Hackman, talking to Francis Ford Coppola. Turns out the Santa Fe Film Festival was going on at the time. Hackman lives there, and couldn’t have been nicer or more concerned. A true gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 119June 5, 2020 10:14 PM

Saw Mickey Dolenz once. He was dressed like El Topo. So weird.

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2020 3:36 AM

R117 All that for Gene Fuking Wilder. Oy!

by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2020 7:36 PM

A few through the years. Biggest name and closest proximity was Gwyneth Paltrow. We shared an elevator, she stood very close to me (female) and away from the two guys on the other side. She did yoga in the building and seemed very self important. The guys couldn't give a fuck about her. She was tall and thin, but her hair was fried.

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2020 7:43 PM

Met Sam Heughan at a Starbucks in a London hotel, it was very very quiet so only me and him in there. Had a chat about Outlander he’s much better looking in real life, very soft spoken, seems like a nice guy or he was to me at least.

Eddie Redmayne standing outside a kiosk in Borough Market with his little one in a push chair, didn’t want to bother him but he’s very pretty.

Jamie Foxx was literally standing outside the door to my hotel room when I visited LA on holiday, nice enough guy, very attractive, not massively tall I’d say about 5’ 10 but very monosyllabic!!

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2020 9:55 PM

R123 Male Prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote]Saw Mickey Dolenz once. He was dressed like El Topo. So weird.

I saw Mickey Mouse once. He was dressed like Topo Gigio. Even weirder.

by Anonymousreply 125June 7, 2020 4:18 AM

saw drew Barrymore, sam Rockwell and Justin long drunk as fuk being put into a cab, outside the Clift hotel in san fran. both guys Hot, she was a fug mess

passed henry Thomas outside a ristorante, very cute, nice smile, same with sally Kellerman, she looked awesome, nice jugs

mae west passed me on her walk from limo to theatre, premiering Sextette, old as fuck, but ICON

bruce jenner signing autog in LA, way before his sex change, butch and manly hot.

glenn close gave me a get the hell awy look on nyc street, same with ellen buryston.

saw whooping Goldberg and rosie odonnel, not together, in the height Ashbury in SF

usually stars don't wanna be bothered. oh and conan odonnel on a nyc street, he was talking to himself...

by Anonymousreply 126June 7, 2020 12:50 PM

Nick Kroll, shot me a nice smile, awesome big eyes, like wow, he Must be bi....

by Anonymousreply 127June 7, 2020 12:53 PM

Pete Buttigieg on 52nd Street, just around the beginning of his campaign. He looked like he'd come out of a meeting in the building I was passing - was giving some guy a half-hug/half-handshake (remember those days?) while his minders tried to get him into the SUV parked at the kerb. He was acting as pleasant as he is on TV. It was early days, and nobody was taking any notice. He did not see me going OMG! in the background.

by Anonymousreply 128June 7, 2020 1:17 PM

Jennifer Tilly sitting opposite me in the Las Vegas airport at a Southwest gate. I didn't recognize her at first because she was plump and has a dark yellow complexion (her father was Chinese). I was able to stare because she was talking on her phone, and I noticed the plane ticket in her purse had TILLY on it. She was headed to the Burbank airport. When she caught me staring she got up and walked away.

She must slather herself in light-tone makeup when she appears on TV and movies.

by Anonymousreply 129June 7, 2020 1:28 PM

I’ve been to many Broadway show so I saw many celebrities/actors on stage and met several, too. One of my most memorable encounters was with Joan Crawford, who sat next to the 12 year old me at the opening of “How, Now Dow Jones.” At intermission she engaged me in a conversation about the show and theater in general. She was very happy that I knew who she was and told me I was a delightful young man. Was she telling me that I was gay?

by Anonymousreply 130June 7, 2020 2:26 PM

[R124] if only!!

I’d be a lot better off if I was

by Anonymousreply 131June 7, 2020 2:28 PM

R130, if you knew who she was at the age of 12 I imagine it was assumed.

by Anonymousreply 132June 7, 2020 3:09 PM

Quite a few sightings on various day trips to London over the years. James Corden on the underground escalator - he was going down as I was going up. Had his son strapped to his chest in a baby carrier thing, so it was a while ago. I saw him realise that I'd clocked him and he looked a bit alarmed. Not sure what he thought I'd do, which was nothing of course.

Stood next to Amy Winehouse in bar in Camden - she was tiny in real life.

Best spot was Harrison Ford walking round the streets of Mayfair. Found out afterwards that the wrap party for the first of the new Star Wars films was that night. It's very odd seeing a face you know so well in the flesh. He seemed like a decent guy, a few people were going up to him and he was shaking hands and smiling.

by Anonymousreply 133June 7, 2020 3:21 PM

I met Sophia when she was a streetwalker.

by Anonymousreply 134June 7, 2020 3:35 PM

John Waters at the Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus, OH about 2 years ago. He was walking around with some museum employees looking at the fabulous Todd Oldham exhibit. Unsmiling and a little bored.

It must be stressful to be so tall and recognizable because you can never be anonymous (though I may be one of the few people on that flyover college campus who recognized him that day).

by Anonymousreply 135June 7, 2020 4:15 PM

I live in New York City, so I saw way too many to mention most of them. Around 1984 passing by Boy George on Lexington Avenue around 57th Street. I said, Hi Boy George, he just stopped in his tracks turned and stared at me. I kept walking. One block later I looked back an he was still standing staring. I have to assume he fancied me. About 1993-94 I cut ahead of Ethan Hawke at Tower Records at the bag check because he was just standing there. I checked my record bag from another store. Turns out he wanted to check his coat, but they don't do that, which they told him.

by Anonymousreply 136June 7, 2020 4:27 PM

R29 knows how to tell a story. Well done!

by Anonymousreply 137June 7, 2020 4:28 PM

todd said hi on SF streets to me, he liked my puppy. nice smile

saw the odious Dog the Bounty hunter, gross, unreal....sad

by Anonymousreply 138June 7, 2020 4:32 PM

In the New York area, too many to mention, so I'll list a few:

Al Pacino, 1977 on the street

Roy Cohn, 1982, coming out of the Palace Theater on B'way

Diane Keaton, 1985, at the Bronx Zoo

Maureen O'Hara, Bess Myerson - separately 1996 and 1983, both on the street in NYC, both turned around and looked at me

David Letterman, crossing 6th and 38th in 1981

George Segal, 1990, eating soup at the counter in the Oyster Bar in Grand Central

Tommy Tune window shopping on Madison in the 1990s

Wilt Chamberlain at the US Open in the 1990s (he was a big tennis fan)

Arthur Laurents, clutching shopping bags to his chest on Fifth and 46th, 1976

by Anonymousreply 139June 7, 2020 4:41 PM

I was once physically accosted by the now late Virginia Graham.

It was in the mid 80s. I was walking up E. 50th St. right at the Helmsley Palace Hotel in NYC. I saw a limousine pulled up and stopped ahead with the driver approaching the rear passenger door. Just as I got next to the car out popped Ms. Graham dressed in a mass of red with a knee length red cape. As she got out of the car she was standing with her back when she swung around with her arm out holding her cape and completely engulfed me in it. I stopped cold and stood there covered in her cape, laughing. She started laughing. The driver started laughing. She apologized profusely and released me from her clutches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 7, 2020 4:52 PM

God you people are ancient! Who saw Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 141June 7, 2020 4:53 PM

This is one from a long time ago, but reading this thread has reminded me.

Place: Chicago, CBS Building at 630 North McClurg Court. (Note as an aside that this is no longer their location. It had also been the site of the first of the 1960 Kennedy/Nixon Presidential debates.)

One evening, I was walking north, past the front of the building which, as I recall, had a large canopy that was well lit. There was a group of people in front coming out and I paid little attention as I continued on. Just as I passed the group, I realized that they were surrounding a small, well dress (in a dramatic way) woman.. Being a big movie fan in a flash I recognized her. It was Gloria Swanson. She was very tiny. And dressed very elegantly, hat and all. Not unlike what she wore in "Airport '75".

Interesting that Gloria Swanson was born in Chicago March 27, 1899 and her career started with her work in the early movie studio locations in Chicago.

If I had recognized her before I passed, I would have stopped, but just kept on my way.

I don't know for certain why she was there, but before posting this I checked. She had her autobiography out in 1980 and it might have been then. She would have been there to do an interview I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 142June 7, 2020 5:01 PM

Great story, R140. I once encountered Virginia Graham sitting at the next table at Jim McMullen's in the 80s. She would NOT STOP talking to me.

R141, eat your heart out, choir boy.

by Anonymousreply 143June 7, 2020 6:10 PM

Madonna, on the street in NY with a couple of big burly bodyguards. She's teeny tiny.

by Anonymousreply 144June 7, 2020 6:14 PM

Madonna is of average height, R144. You can always spot the liars. Once during a thread like this, someone claimed to have seen Julie Andrews close-up and declared "she's tiny!." Julie Andrews is 5'7" or 5'8", not tiny under any circumstances. And don't pull that it's relative shit.

by Anonymousreply 145June 7, 2020 6:19 PM

Elizabeth Berkley, early 1990s, 3rd Street promenade Santa Monica.

She was out shopping with her gay BFF. Long legs, beautiful skin, and loads of curly hair. She was very tall, she towered over the guy dhe was with. He probably was about 5'11

A woman next to me asked "Isn't that the girl from Saved by the Bell?" I told her I think it was.

This was before her Showgirls infamy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 7, 2020 6:19 PM

r145, Madge is 5'4". I think that is considered to be on the short side. She also doesn't/didn't have much in the way of body fat, so I would consider her to be small.

by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2020 6:26 PM

r145 when I saw Madonna she couldn't have been more than 5'3" or 5'4" and she was very thin. That, to me, is teeny tiny.

by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2020 6:27 PM

Liam Neeson on Central Park West, years ago. The man is HUGE. Like a Sasquatch.

by Anonymousreply 149June 7, 2020 6:29 PM

5'4" is considered average

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 7, 2020 6:37 PM

Michiel Huisman late nineties when he was still in highschool(so was I but I was a bit younger), my uncle was one of his teachers. He was often on stage at the school, singing, playing guitar, cabaret and plays etc. Nice guy.

I bumped into Sam Heughan once at the gym jin Glasgow but he kind of looked shocked when he saw me(no I'm not that ugly), maybe he thought I was another crazy fan. Akwardly I bumped into him again when he was leaving the gym. I didn't dare to say anything.

by Anonymousreply 151June 7, 2020 7:01 PM

Eva Gabor at Rich's at Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, back in the late 70s. I was walking out of the store and I heard the unmistakable voice of a Gabor saying through a microphone "HELLO DAAAAAAAHLINKS". I looked across the floor and saw Eva up on a stage talking to a large group of people. She was there hawking something, I can't remember what. Maybe a wig line or something (wasn't she the wig Gabor?). I walked over and noticed they had a bank of hot pink stage lights panned down onto her. She basically just chit chatted with the group. At one point she wanted to know "dahlinks, what part of the city is that huge mansion built by the Vanderbilts?". Some old woman piped up and told her she had the wrong city & state as it was near Asheville, NC.. She was upset because she said she had wanted to tour it for years. That's when I figured that was enough of that noise and I made my exit.

Years later on another visit to the same store as I was walking out Mary Wilson was standing talking to some woman as she was getting ready to conduct a book signing. As I walked by I just said "love you Miss Wilson!". She looked at me and said "thank you baby, I love you back".

by Anonymousreply 152June 7, 2020 8:15 PM

In the 70s, walking back to my office on Peachtree St. in downtown Atlanta one day a taxi pulls up and out jumps Pete Rose dressed in a skin tight neon orange jumpsuit (VERY pimpy looking) along with 2 of the most obvious high priced prostitutes I've ever seen. They walk off towards the Hyatt Regency one whore on each of his arms and his head thrown back like he was the king of the world. He clearly didn't care who saw him. He had a wife and 2 young kids at the time. I've always considered him a complete sleazeball since that day.

by Anonymousreply 153June 7, 2020 8:29 PM

Mid 80s, Hartsfield Intl. Airport/Atlanta. Standing in line at the ticket counter. Felt a tap on my shoulder, Turned around and it was pro wrestler Rick Flair begging me to let him go ahead of me because he had lost his ticket and had to buy another one quick or miss his flight. I let him go ahead. I could hear the conversation between him and the ticket agent who told him he wouldn't be able to do a lost ticket process in time for him to make his flight and he said "I don't care just sell me another ticket". When the agent asked his name he said "Rick Flair - it's spelled Fliehr". He got his new ticket and turned to me and said "thanks a lot pal, you saved my butt".

On a Delta flight from L.A. to Atlanta also in the mid 80s I sat across the aisle from Mary Ann Mobley and her VERY drunk husband Gary Collins who basically had to be helped onto the plane by 2 agents who plopped him down into his window seat. He didn't move a muscle the entire flight.

On another Delta flight from L.A. to Atlanta also yet again in the mid 80s I sat next to Donna Douglas (Ellie Mae Clampett). She was in her mid 50s at the time. She was decked out in a pink and white checkered pant suit with the Ellie Mae double pigtails. She only brought a makeup case on board with her. She had the makeup literally troweled on and you could still see the ravages of age underneath it. Every 30 minutes or so for the entire 4+ hour flight she'd pull that case out, open it up and do a touch up. We talked a bit and she was very sweet and seemed quite delicate and frankly, a little crazy. She was going to Atlanta to sing at some religious gathering.

by Anonymousreply 154June 7, 2020 9:07 PM

Annie Lennox sitting by herself at a cafe terrasse in Paris as I was walking by on a sunday morning carrying my errands lol. I nodded and smiled and she winked and smiled very warmly. She looked radiant and had very striking eyes. As i got home I realized I was wearing my old Peacetour tshirt I had grabbed and put on randomly to quickly go to the store.

by Anonymousreply 155June 7, 2020 9:08 PM

Marry me, R140! I love your stories!!

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2020 9:26 PM

It was either 1983 or 84, I was staying at the Doral Inn on Lexington in NYC. That boy group Ricky Martin was in, Mefungo or whatever it was called had booked several rooms for their stay. Every morning their handlers had them all assembled in the lobby waiting for their rides. Little Ricky was usually running around like crazy with some woman chasing after him trying to get him under control. Someone told me who they were which meant nothing to me at the time. All these many years later look what the little rascal turned into.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2020 9:28 PM

Oh Jamie R156, I'm surely way too old for you. But thanks for the offer!

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2020 9:32 PM

Rod Stewart, on a plane from Sydney to L.A.

Mario Cantone, on the street in New York.

These are all in Chicago:

David Schwimmer, sporting a bushy beard during a summer hiatus of “Friends,” exiting a store on Michigan Avenue.

Jeremy Piven, shooting a short-lived TV show called “Angel” in the west Loop.

Bruce Willis, shooting the movie “Mercury Rising.”

John Mahoney, smoking during intermission of a play in Hyde Park.

Hank Azaria, waiting in line at Walgreens in the Loop during the pre-Broadway tryout of “Spamalot.”

Tim Meadows, in the lobby of a hotel.

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2020 9:53 PM

2006: Jodie Foster with her son (unsure of which one) behind me in line at Sprinkles in Beverly Hills, recognized her by her voice

Charlotte Caffey from the Go-go's at Tiffany in Pasadena

2007: Andrew Keegan (anyone remember him?) at M Cafe on Melrose. He was with a pretty girl with short dark hair. He was still really good-looking then; time has not been kind to him.

2009-10: Quentin Tarantino. Briefly met at the New Beverly Cinema, then driving north on La Brea by chance that same night, we were at a red light. Rolled down our windows for a quick friendly chat

Pauly Shore at the now shuttered Caffe Primo on Sunset, in workout clothes probably coming from Equinox nearby

Dan Karaty (dancer/choreographer) at Starbucks on Riverside in Burbank. Friendly, willing to talk, drove a black Porsche

Artem Chigvintsev (another dancer/choreographer) at Sonoma Wine Garden in Santa Monica (Place). Sat at the bar, very friendly to those who approached him. He was waiting for a date

2013: Jesse Eisenberg in Times Square in January. Knew him by his curly hair and voice (he was talking on the phone)

Cameron Diaz on my Virgin America flight leaving from NYC-LA. Sat in first class with her small entourage

Several more since I work in production and at a gym, but I don't really count those; the above sightings were completely random-

by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2020 9:55 PM

R113 I remember from years ago this introduction on the radio.....” Hello, I am Dr. Ruth Westheimer, this is Sexually Speaking , you are on the air“.

I listened to her radio show all the time! I sure learned a lot as a sheltered, Catholic 11 year-old girl!

by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2020 10:11 PM

TWA flight, St. Louis to Boston, so this has to be pre-2001 as that's when TWA went under and was merged into American Airlines. Maybe five people in First Class.

Tiny woman at the window seat in the first row of FC with a slight boy, maybe 17, next to her on the aisle. Me in the row behind them. Seated I couldn't see the woman at all and all I could see of the boy was the back of his head with tightest permed hair I had ever seen on a man or woman. The FA's were very attentive to them.

I went to the john about 20 minutes before landing at Logan and asked one of the flight attendants in the galley who they were. "That's Justin Timberlake and his mother. She's his manager."

I sat down and thought to myself, "Who the fuck is he and what has he ever done?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 8, 2020 1:24 AM

Madonna is short !

by Anonymousreply 163June 8, 2020 6:14 AM

I like R130's story best. You should have charmed old Joan a little harder, she may have tried to adopt you or become your special Auntie Joan and taken you to theaters and parties!

by Anonymousreply 164June 8, 2020 6:27 AM

R155 how long ago was that?

by Anonymousreply 165June 8, 2020 9:42 AM

Speaking of Ricky Martin, at the height of Menudo's popularity, I saw them hanging out a window at the Roosevelt on East 45th. Like The Beatles appearing for their fans. There were about eight screaming girls adoring them from the street. I thought it was very embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 166June 8, 2020 11:16 AM

Stephen Tobolowsky at the Beverly Hills post office. He was surprised I knew who he was.

by Anonymousreply 167June 16, 2020 3:47 AM

R167 did you call him "that guy who guest stars on everything?"

by Anonymousreply 168June 16, 2020 4:21 AM

Little Richard - sat behind him at a a concert at the Universal Amphitheater in late 80's or early 90's. Apollonia - in a store in West Hollywood, late 80's, after her career was pretty much over. She is tiny. Mr. T - at the height of his fame, at Olvera Street. He kept shouting "where's my taco?" Ice Cube - at a Raider game at the Coliseum. He had an T-shirt airbrushed with his own face on it. Robert Hegyes ("Juan Epstein" of "Welcome Back Kotter") - also at a Raider game at the Coliseum. He was wearing a Raiders jersey with "Hegyes" printed on the back. Elaine Joyce and Bobby Van - I knew them as "celebrities" on 70's game shows, but I never knew why they were celebrities. I saw them at the Century City mall in the late 70's, and I remember being surprised that they seemed like an actual couple that genuinely liked each other. He died a couple of years later. Helen Martin - veteran character actress maybe best remembered as "Pearl" from "227". She was my neighbor in Hollywood. She wasn't friendly. Brian Dennehy - on the ferry from San Francisco to Sausalito. He had tremendous presence. Seriously, he looked like he should be the president. Just gave off this vibe of gravitas and authority. Kathy Griffin, and her mother Maggie - met them both at work about 10 years ago in Beverly Hills. She is very sweet, and very funny in person, and Maggie was a gem. Edward James Olmos - also met him at work in Beverly Hills. Nicest, friendliest guy, absolutely zero "star" pretensions. Michael Ironside (character actor) - also at work in Beverly Hills. Talked to him about "Scanners" (he played the guy who made the guy's head explode) and "Terminator Salvation" (which was about to be released; he refused to give up any spoilers). Kenny Rogers - going in to Spago, in the 80's Leonard Nimoy - in his car, driving down Sunset, near La Crescenta. Kristy McNichol - driving a Mercedes in the Valley in 1979. My friends and I looked at her and laughed right in her face, and I've always felt a little bad about it, knowing what we know now about her mental illness.

And my absolute all-time favorite celebrity sighting: Jim and Tammy Faye Motherfucking Bakker. At a restaurant in Ventura, on Thanksgiving, at the HEIGHT OF THE SCANDAL!!! OMG!!!!! I had been obsessed with them and how insane and awful they were since even before whole Jessica Hahn thing destroyed their lives. It was just the two of them. No friends, no family, no kids. Just Jim and Tammy Faye, waiting to eat Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant. I couldn't take my eyes off her, she looked so miserable, yet so haughty. She had this serious look on her face the whole time, then some fan approached her to say hello and she instantaneously put on the phoniest smile you've ever seen, which then disappeared the second the fan turned away.

I'm sure there are tons more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 169June 16, 2020 4:52 AM

I saw awkward actor/GMA host David Hartman with wife and children in a Chinese restaurant on Central Avenue (Hartsdale) in 1992. He was about seven feet tall with a beet red face. Upon seeing Hartman, my neurotic dinner companion got more neurotic than usual and asked them to move us to another table.

by Anonymousreply 170June 16, 2020 6:31 PM

High brow experience: Francis Bacon outside Harrods, a couple of years before he died. He looked completely dissipated.

by Anonymousreply 171June 16, 2020 6:36 PM

Whoppi Goldberg on her tiny driveway in San Francisco. We were walking down the sidewalk (Tourists, I can't remember the name of the street) and she was removing a bunch of Gumps shopping bags from her trunk.

We glanced at her as we passed but didn't say anything. She gave us the hairy eyeball.

by Anonymousreply 172June 16, 2020 7:07 PM

I worked at a boutique in Chicago. Ellen Burstyn came in wearing a coat on a hot day. She was standoffish. Tanya Tucker had on a see through blouse, very sweet and giggly. Courtney Cox back when she was dating Michael Keaton. Someone tried to upset her a suede cleaner for a purse she was purchasing and she pulled her own out of her bag. Norah Dunn was a pinch faced bitch. Ronnie Hawkins was sweet, She was playing at the Old Town School Of Folk Music across the street and was surprised I knew who she was.

by Anonymousreply 173June 17, 2020 7:31 PM

UP SELL, not upset

by Anonymousreply 174June 17, 2020 7:32 PM

I saw Julianne Moore (seriously) three times in the West Village, she must live in the neighborhood. She's beautiful in person, flawless complexion.

by Anonymousreply 175June 17, 2020 7:41 PM

What's going on Joshua Jackson's hair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 25, 2020 11:19 PM

Santa Claus - Kissing Mommy, underneath the mistletoe, when I was a child.

by Anonymousreply 177July 25, 2020 11:36 PM

At my only visit to the Williamstown Theatre Festival:

Steven Spielberg and then wife Amy Irving (she was in The Three Sisters production) twice, behind him on line in a bookstore and at an ice cream shop

Eric Roberts in the audience

Funniest-Maureen Stapleton drunk out of her mind treating her maid to a birthday dinner

by Anonymousreply 178July 26, 2020 12:37 AM

[R159], I also saw David Schwimmer, in a New Orleans bookstore

James Earl Jones and Richard Crenna shooting the pilot for a one season show called Pros and Cons in the Universal City Hilton lobby. I wound up being an extra so I hung around for a few hours. During breaks Jones would study his script while Crenna joked around with the crew.

Colin Powell in a DC restaurant

by Anonymousreply 179July 26, 2020 12:47 AM

Joshua Jackson sure is straight - no gay guy would match an orange sweater with bright red shoes.

by Anonymousreply 180July 26, 2020 1:08 AM

R60 - Whole Foods Chelsea must be the place because I saw Fran Lebowitz there right before the virus hit the city.

by Anonymousreply 181July 26, 2020 1:21 AM

I was in the audience at a Dame Edna show with SJP and Matthew Broderick (puffy even then), and Barbara Walters sitting with Cindy Adams.

Different show saw Richard Schiff during intermission on the men’s room line.

by Anonymousreply 182July 26, 2020 1:23 AM

Andre Harrell at Whole Foods Bowery

Samuel Jackson at the old Viacom Store in Chicago (late 90s)

Gayle King at Water Tower Mall in Chicago in 1996. She's taller than I thought.

Laura Linney on Madison Avenue

Donald Sutherland talking on the phone on Lexington Avenue

MC Lyte at the old Cino's Restaurant in Brooklyn (late 80s)

Rosie O'Donnell coming out of the wake for the late Ric Swezey (real estate agent & married to Nick Scandalios of Broadway's Nederlander Organization)

Nick Kroll and John Mulaney walking down Broadway in Times Square

Bill Nye in Bryant Park

Alec Baldwin riding his bicycle in Columbus Circle

Chelsea Clinton walking down Water St with a friend in winter of 2013 (the area was still empty because of Hurricane Sandy)

Armen Keteyian of HBO Real Sports, also on Water St but during the summer a few years ago.

Michael Rapaport walking down W. 43rd Street, and he was acting as douchey as he looks.

Chris Rock & Ruben Santiago-Hudson at Death of A Salesman with Philip Seymour Hoffman (they were in the Orchestra, I was in the balcony)

Didn't see them, but Denzel Washington was sitting behind me at August Wilson's Jitney & Julia Roberts was sitting in the orchestra (I was in the mezzanine) at Pretty Woman, both in NYC

by Anonymousreply 183July 26, 2020 1:50 AM

I was walking down West57th and saw myself in the glass of a building.

by Anonymousreply 184July 26, 2020 1:56 AM

A long time ago -- Brit Hume and Ted Koppel shopping in DC (not together)

Katey Sagal standing behind me in line for a ride at California Adventure

Jim Nabors at a restaurant in West Hollywood

Carl Reiner sat behind me at a play in a very small theater in Hollywood.

Margo Martindale at a play at an even smaller theater in Sierra Madre (CA). We got to talk to her during intermission -- she was a friend of the director.

by Anonymousreply 185July 26, 2020 2:07 AM

Matt Damon eating at another table in a nice restaurant in the late 90’s. I remember he was wearing a baseball cap during dinner. He was cute but nondescript.

Venus Williams walking down the street outside the Ritz in Paris with her husband. I was mostly looking at her beefy husband. She is bigger than I expected.

Olivia Newton John when I was a teen on a flight, she smiled warmly when we made eye contact.

Jessica Alba at a concert in Austin with her husband. It was Halloween and she had skeleton face paint but could still recognize her and especially her husband.

Arnold Schwarzenegger at a deli in NYC he is shorter than expected.

Paris Hilton in a Caribbean airport magazine store during her prime. She was tan and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 186July 26, 2020 4:05 AM

When I first moved to LA, I dated a guy who worked at Hamburger Hamlet on Sunset. I would go see him Sundays and pick him up from his shift. Dean Martin was there every Sunday. I was also cruised by Anthony Hamilton in the bathroom. He followed me in and stood at the urinal next to me. I looked over to see him staring at my cock and he looked at me and said "Nice dick," and invited me to a party at his house.

by Anonymousreply 187July 26, 2020 3:32 PM

All you need to do is get a job in a trendy restaurant. Believe me, you'll see celebs.

by Anonymousreply 188July 26, 2020 4:06 PM

Elton John and Huey Lewis walking down Maiden Lane In San Francisco. We were the only people on the block and I noticed them coming towards me. I didn't recognize them at first but as they got closer I recognized Huey Lewis (he was at the height of his sexiness). I looked at his companion and realized It was Sir Elton. He was wearing a white suit with a big brimmed hat. They noticed me staring at them and Elton gave me a please don't approach me look, not the evil eye but a please just let us be. They returned my nod as I passed them.

by Anonymousreply 189October 9, 2020 6:11 PM

Bebe Neuwirth on Christopher St. about 20 years ago. She was scowling and looked very unpleasant. She shot me a side-eye like "don't even THINK about approaching me!" The funny thing is I only noticed her because she looked so mean and miserable, I never would've glanced at her otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 190October 9, 2020 7:35 PM

I saw JFK Jr. on the street in NYC on three occasions in the mid-late 90s and he was STUNNING. He looked exactly the same in person as he did in pictures.

by Anonymousreply 191October 9, 2020 7:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!