Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Minneapolis WHITE cop outed as the guy who started the riot.

His ex-fiancé turned him in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 29, 2020 8:04 PM

If verified to be accurate, this will be HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2020 1:34 PM

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2020 1:34 PM

Footage.

Nice mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2020 1:35 PM

I don't see a cop just an asshole in a mask and some brave dude following him. Where is the 'cop' angle?

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2020 1:44 PM

Who paid him?

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2020 1:45 PM

[quote]I don't see a cop just an asshole in a mask and some brave dude following him. Where is the 'cop' angle?

Funny, we all see a troll at r4 pretending like he matters.

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2020 1:46 PM

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Hell hath no fury like an entitled white man who feels he has been denied his rightful place at the head of the table, regardless of his credentials (or lack thereof).

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2020 1:46 PM

R4, here is where the story is coming from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2020 1:51 PM

I have R4 blocked but doing remember doing it but the quote at R6 makes me think I did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2020 1:55 PM

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2020 2:10 PM

a senior reporter for Buzzfeed is urging people not to share this story. it's been over 12 hrs and no reporter is even close to verifying any details of this viral story. i would be very careful about these claims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2020 2:21 PM

Well we can see it’s a WHITE guy breaking all the windows. Who cares who it is?

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2020 2:26 PM

like half the people at the center of the riots/burning off the precinct are white guys

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2020 2:31 PM

He's hot as shit.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Not sure what is the point of this info.

1. It is a false flag action by a white cop to start a riot and make blacks look bad.

2. A sympathetic white cop/ally has to hide his identity to avoid repercussions from the police force.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2020 2:36 PM

Or,

3. It ain’t him.

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2020 2:39 PM

I agree the guy behaves bizarrely, walking around with an open umbrella, all dressed in black except for his eyes, and calmly smashing window after window then rushing away from the scene rather than taking part in the protest.

I also see that his eyes do look like that of the officer he's being accused of being.

But - why on earth would it benefit the police to stoke the flames of this situation? When riots happen in areas, sometimes the areas never fully recover and people begin to move away (see: Detroit riots). Policing a newly deteriorating area is a much harder job than policing one where a major event like this had never happened. It just doesn't make sense to me that the police would want to accelerate the situation like this. Especially when it looks like for at least the first two nights, the police were not even trying to police the rioters and looters, making the police look useless. For God's sake, the rioters got into the police department itself and burned it all down - how does that help the police?

I can see the physical similarity, I see that the guy was behaving strangely, but the overall theory that the cops wanted riots to happen makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2020 2:46 PM

Agent provocateur

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2020 2:46 PM

One problem is that whether that guy is a cop or not, although the crowd was mixed, this will inevitably be blamed on “unruly” black people acting out, when the reality is more complicated.

If it turns out to be a cop, then the riots were deliberately encouraged as a subversive political act on the part of either the PD or that particular cop. Since their job, theoretically, is to uphold the law, that’s a pretty big problem. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2020 2:50 PM

R17 I don't think too many people are claiming that it was a police conspiracy or organized event. But rather a police officer doing it on his own. But again, there's no actual evidence that it is the same person that is being accused of it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2020 2:53 PM

R11 - very Russian last name.

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2020 3:08 PM

This sounds like another case of what 4chan, 8chan, and other alt-right/Russian trolls do. They alter photos and release them online vis-a-vis shootings and other disasters, introducing conspiracy narratives in order to try to skew public opinion. It's startling how quickly they go to work. For example, when Devin Patrick Kelley shot up the Sutherland Springs Baptist Church, within a half hour they had put up fake Facebook and Instagram accounts, making him a professed Democrat and liberal.

Look at the facial features on the gas-masked figure in the Twitter photo. See how they have a different, somewhat faded contrast with the rest of the figure? It's been pasted on in order to try to make the identification with a Minneapolis police officer. Such photos, uploaded to Twitter, can spark a lot of reaction because relatively few stop to question it. The likely actual identity of the fellow in the gas mask is probably a white supremacist, a Proud Boy, or someone like that. They're hoping to incite a race-based violent outbreak in Minnesota. Don't buy into it.

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2020 3:28 PM

It’s him. Have no idea if he is actually a cop.

These guys get paid to do this. Usually a Koch, DeVoss or someone else operation.

Also, paid as follows Russia ➡️ Israel ➡️ Australia ➡️ New Zealand ➡️ United States.

Israel, Australia, NZ are HUGE in funding of troll farms, etc.

Here’s what most people don’t consider or don’t believe or understand:

America as well as the entire globe, is living on a Fiat economy paper and checks do not equal true money.

In order for us to live with 1% vs. the rest of us, wars MUST exist, as well as all other kinds of black and grey markets, such as ones based on CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE.

These assholes treat us like patsies and idiots.

It’s really fucked up. I know several people who have gotten into this line of work. One committed suicide, the other one I HOPEFULLY struggling with their decision to have gotten involved with this, and changing their outlook on life, because this person is loved by people who know them as who they were before all of this shit started, and believe that they can make it back to the right side of things.

I find it appalling that people accept money for this and I find it even more appalling that we are living in a society where accepting money for subterfuge is acceptable.

If you want to stir shit up for a living, go join an alphabet agency so you can lose your soul with retirement benefits after all is said and done.

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2020 3:33 PM

R22 - what are you talking about? I don't see any discrepancies.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2020 3:48 PM

R22, the violence has already been incited. And we or at least I, do not fall for it, because I too, understand what’s up.

The only question I have is how much exactly was that cop paid to intentionally kill that black man? And how much will the crooked justice system in this area make out of this? Because in my opinion, this was done on PURPOSE.

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2020 3:53 PM

That violent group on the right — alt-right, bugaloos, whatever — are agitating for another civil war, and are known to be embedded within the rioters. It all seems just a bit too convenient.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote][R22] - what are you talking about? I don't see any discrepancies.

[quote][R11] - very Russian last name.

Only two posts, R21/R24? And both of them on this thread?

New account?

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2020 4:00 PM

I think that right when an election is coming up, these dark money funding operations pick a dirty cop and offer him money to kill someone who is black. The cop is usually employed by a corrupt police department with a corrupt justice system.

Everyone gets paid. The cop, the department, the judges, and some jurors.

Think about it. Every election year, mass police violence against the African American community ensues.

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2020 4:02 PM

I didn't think there were enough black people in Minnesota to get a really good riot up and running. Not surprised if it's true but doubt it as I do think certain groups use mass hysteria to divide and conquer.

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote]The only question I have is how much exactly was that cop paid to intentionally kill that black man?

Kind of a dumb question, R25. It's extremely unlikely that he was paid to do it - he was simply a piece of shit, racist cop who killed a black man he was arresting. Nor did he do it on purpose - he simply applied too much pressure and accidentally killed the man. (Think - no matter how much someone might be paid or persuaded, there's no upside or endgame favorable to the perpetrator - he will end up in prison and/or permanently ruined. It's something everyone will witness happening in real time.)

No, this was just another dumbass white cop who overstepped himself and accidentally killed a black man. The entire rest of it is managed through public perception and social media messaging, like striking a match to kindling, and fanning the flames into something larger.

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2020 4:14 PM

[quote]a senior reporter for Buzzfeed is urging people not to share this story.

R11, she's right. And look at the surrounding Twitter feed posts following 'Breaking News' and 'Dylan,' trying to validate the claim, and chiming in with remarks like 'the only thing people can do is riot.' This whole thing is being astroturfed and promoted on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2020 4:26 PM

The racist Latino Republican at R17 is defending the white racist cops AGAIN.

Search his posting history and you will see his blatant racism.

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2020 4:29 PM

Saint Paul Police dispute claim that their officer was responsible for the Minneapolis protests

A man filmed smashing windows in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was falsely identified as a police officer, according to a spokesperson from the Saint Paul Police Department.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2020 4:31 PM

[quote]Saint Paul Police dispute claim that their officer was responsible for the Minneapolis protests

The Twin City police depts don't have the highest credibility today. Regarding smashing windows - that to encourage rioters to go in and loot. It's an old play, used in the 60s by the police in Berkeley.

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2020 4:37 PM

I don’t think they would admit it if it was true. Not saying it is, although nothing would surprise me and it’s entirely possible. Expecting them to own anything about this is very unrealistic so their word is worthless.

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2020 4:58 PM

I'm so angry I could just go out and shoot someone!

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2020 4:59 PM

R32 Latino? He is white. He changes his race every few days.

Earlier this week he claimed he was black.

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2020 5:02 PM

So the ex-gf and her friend both misidentified the guy?

by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2020 5:03 PM

[quote]So the ex-gf and her friend both misidentified the guy?

R38, we don't actually have them - just "AS-Source News" (one of the troll accounts) citing another troll account, 'Brock Hannem', showing a screenshot of the supposed 'ex-gf' post. It's several times removed, leading back to what's likely a fake screenshot. As the Buzzfeed reporter remarked, it's not verified. Indeed, it probably [italic]cannot[/italic] be verified - it's just an unsourced claim from posters whose identities vanish down a rabbit hole.

[quote]the overall theory that the cops wanted riots to happen makes no sense.

A fair observation from R17, R32's cries of 'he's a bad person - he cannot be trusted' notwithstanding. '[italic]Cui bono?[/italic] is always a relevant question.

The Russian troll farms are quite adept at staging this stuff. They've had a lot of practice. It's probable that they're also using social media to stage protests in other cities, like Dallas, where they're hoping something stupid and inflammatory will happen between the two sides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2020 5:29 PM

I know two decent cops. And I’ve known plenty.

Generally, all cheat on their wives, some are alcoholics, like the one a few houses down who also beats his wife. Usually on huge power trips, and total perverts. One was a rapist who eventually got busted for costing his department MILLIONS of dollars. Not getting into the details of that one. He did, however, eventually go to prison, after YEARS of wreaking havoc upon the community he was sworn to protect and serve.

And there are several others whom I have detailed info on, that would or perhaps would not blow your minds.

I don’t know what it is about the types of personalities whom are attracted to this particular line of work, but unfortunately, many are PROFOUNDLY FUCKED UP people. That’s why I don’t fuck with police.

As soon as someone tells me they’re a cop, I politely end any budding friendship.

I don’t mess with with these types. They’re generally bad news, all the way around. I know TWO, who are the exception, rather than the rule.

by Anonymousreply 40May 29, 2020 5:34 PM

I worked with a woman who was dating a cop who would go arrest drug dealers then take the drugs and give them to her.

by Anonymousreply 41May 29, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote]a cop who would go arrest drug dealers then take the drugs and give them to her.

Thoughtful of him.

by Anonymousreply 42May 29, 2020 5:38 PM

Yeah. She was a functioning druggie r42

by Anonymousreply 43May 29, 2020 5:40 PM

Not surprised, R41. Pretty typical, actually.

by Anonymousreply 44May 29, 2020 5:41 PM

[quote]I don’t know what it is about the types of personalities whom are attracted to this particular line of work, but unfortunately, many are PROFOUNDLY FUCKED UP people. That’s why I don’t fuck with police.

Oh, I agree, R40, completely. But none of that causes the idea that 'Minneapolis cops conspired to make a race riot happen' to make sense or be a reasonable conclusion to come to.

by Anonymousreply 45May 29, 2020 5:43 PM

R45, you’re correct, and I concede to your rationale.

I just find it interesting that every year there’s a presidential election, police violence against African Americans seems to amplify.

by Anonymousreply 46May 29, 2020 5:55 PM

Well, R46, consider the little birds tweeting in their ears, and the kind of shit being promoted on the police side of the aisle, about ANTIFA, BLM, and all sorts of left-wing pedo conspiracy bullshit. It completely colors their worldview (no pun intended). During election years, troll input greatly increases.

I'd be willing to bet that somebody circulated the idea to them that the so-called 'left-wing media' was staging and directing the rioting and looting just to have an exciting story to cover, and that was why they chose to take Omar Jiminez into custody. Twitter trolls are probably orchestrating this shit in real time, to maximize the chaos.

by Anonymousreply 47May 29, 2020 6:08 PM

I apologize to all the wonderful police out there, but anecdotally I've never known a "clean" cop or detective. Drugs, keeping confiscated drugs, sex-abusing, dishonest. And I include the gay men I know who have been on police forces.

It is a corrupting, depressing environment and not one where rationalism, detachment or respect for the citizenry seems a priority,.

by Anonymousreply 48May 29, 2020 7:03 PM

They are just a bunch of organized Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 49May 29, 2020 7:35 PM

R48 - it's the police culture that needs to change. That being said, it has already changed immensely in the past 50 years. The corruption in the film Serpico was common in all big city police departments.

Now you need a law enforcement degree (or some other advanced degree) to get a position in big cities. Before, anyone could become a cop.

But the vestiges of the 'stink' and corruption doesn't go away quickly. A lot of the old guard are in charge and are still assholes - racist, sexist, homophobic - you name it.

by Anonymousreply 50May 29, 2020 8:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!