Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marge Redmond, age 95, is dead to me

Marge Redmond Played Sister Jacqueline On ‘The Flying Nun’

Redmond appeared in 80 episodes of The Flying Nun, which ran from 1967-1970 and starred Sally Field.

She served as the show’s narrator in addition to her acting, and received an Emmy nomination after season two.

Her film resume includes another nun role as Sister Liguori, opposite Rosalind Russell in The Trouble With Angels (1966)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2020 9:10 PM

She liked Cool Whip, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2020 12:53 PM

Rest in Peace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2020 12:54 PM

R1 Yes, I remember her more as Sarah Tucker, proprietor of the Tucker Inn and pusher of sugary desserts.

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2020 1:37 PM

She was also Lansbury's standby in Sweeney Todd.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2020 1:42 PM

Also appeared in eight Broadway shows between 1955 and 1983

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2020 5:16 PM

One thing I didn’t know, is that she was married to Jack Weston, star of the movie version of Terrence McNally’s the Ritz

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2020 5:17 PM

[quote]Redmond appeared in 80 episodes of The Flying Nun

Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2020 5:17 PM

She also had a small role in Hitchcock's last film, Family Plot.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2020 7:40 PM

R4 I saw her as Mrs. Lovett--competent but unmemorable.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2020 7:55 PM

RIP second Lolly Perdue.

Name that obscure reference.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2020 8:02 PM

She was a wonderful actress who projected warmth and friendliness. Perfect for nun roles. I've read that she was popular with her co-stars -easy to work and get along with. I wish I had seen her Mrs. Lovett -It's so out of character for her!

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2020 8:03 PM

Mama's Family, [R10]...

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2020 8:04 PM

[quote]Name that obscure reference.

I can't. Because I can't read!

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2020 9:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!