Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can you give yourself a buzzcut with a beard trimmer?

Or should I buy a proper hair trimmer with guards through amazon? And if so, which one under $75?

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2020 9:51 AM

Gurl, barber shops be open now.

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2020 3:54 AM

Having tried the beard trimmer method I'd say buy a real hair trimmer or wait until the barbershops/salons are open again. (They're not open in all areas yet, r1)

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2020 4:04 AM

Honey, if they are open in California, they are open everywhere.

Well, everywhere that matters.

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2020 4:06 AM

Rather fond of the “Yes, I do sleep on both sides of my face” double-part faux hawk now.

You should leave everything alone until Summer Solstice.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2020 4:13 AM

I live in Portland, Oregon, where we have not even moved into "Phase 1" yet for re-opening--we are weeks and weeks away from opening barber shops.

I will not want to wait until later in the summer to cut my hair.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2020 4:55 AM

I bought this for the same reason, OP. It’s surprisingly solid has a powerful motor, especially for the price.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2020 5:04 AM

Thanks, r6.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2020 5:06 AM

Got the Wahl Trimmer on sale at a Costco warehouse a cpl months ago, and it worked great. One of the best cuts ever. Perhaps still available locally, but sold out online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2020 5:08 AM

^ bad link ^ R8

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2020 5:09 AM

Some parts of California are opening but Los Angeles still won't allow barber shops to open, r3

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2020 5:19 AM

[quote]Well, everywhere that matters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2020 6:07 AM

I was wondering the same thing. OP tell us what you find.

SF won't let barbers open until mid-July. It will have been 4 months since my last haircut if not delayed.

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2020 6:36 AM

I use my Flowbee on my head and my beard. Works great with no clean up.

Flowbees are backordered now though. Sales shot up due to the pandemic.

So you are SOL, tough nuggies.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2020 6:42 AM

Found a Remington beard trimmer in the back of the linen closet, fired it up and it still worked. Trimming my beard was easy, came out looking good, started out with the comb on minimum and gradually edged it down to cut closer.

Cutting my hair was more difficult, it was weird getting used to looking in the mirror, moving my hand and have it go in the opposite direction. Did the same thing as I did for my beard, minimum down to as close as it could cut. Made my head feel lighter, cleaner and now I'm saving on the amount of shampoo I use. :: wink ::

Can't wait to go back to Teddy, because I'm not even attempting the other places I sprout hair on my head. Oy!

So as not to frighten small children and the weak of heart, I'll wear a hat when I go out.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2020 9:46 AM

Since you're doing a buzz cut, you can't beat a Peanut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2020 9:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!