Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RIP Anthony James, the memorably scary chauffeur in 'Burnt Offerings"

He was also in "Unforgiven," "In the Heat of the night," and a whole lot of other movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2020 5:32 AM

A memorable face if not a handsome one. At 6'6", he was ideal for playing supernatural roles and menacing types.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2020 10:25 PM

Sickle!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2020 10:28 PM

Fuck! Everyone I grew up watching is dying. I feel so damned old.

Loved him on Married...With Children as the guy with hooks for hands.

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2020 10:28 PM

Also from "Charlie's Angels" episode "Angels in Chains."

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2020 10:30 PM

He was memorably repulsive as one of the gay hitch-hikers in [bold]Vanishing Point[/bold] (1971), who tries to rob the driver at knifepoint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote]as the guy with hooks for hands.

And pizza for a face.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2020 10:38 PM

For me, he epitomized the ugly hot guy. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2020 10:57 PM

Burnt Offerings - now there's a movie I haven't thought about in a long, long while

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2020 11:22 PM

The dream sequence with the chauffeur

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2020 2:15 AM

Never married, and lived with his mother. Time to do the math? (Although he did appear to be quite a decent person).

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2020 5:28 AM

"Victor, Victor, you are risking his life! He's my nephew, my only living relative. He's the only one I can leave my... my bankruptcy to!"

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2020 5:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!