Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Minneapolis Rioting

I wasn't aware this was happening. The rioters looted and burned down a Target.

Why didn't anyone call the police?

(I searched but there was some post about a Target in Minneapolis being looted in India.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 30, 2020 2:20 AM

Found the police; they are guarding the home of the cop who killed the black man with knee. Took a knee to the neck I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2020 8:58 AM

Is anyone surprised by this?

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2020 8:59 AM

It’s Mrs. Danvers! She’s gone mad! She said she’d rather see Manderley destroyed than to see us happy there!

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2020 9:01 AM

Found more police - just standing while being taunted. The rioters have catch phrase - "I can't breathe."

More Periscope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2020 9:01 AM

Powerful footage from Snapchat -- look at the Liquor Store --

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2020 9:06 AM

Police wasn't doing anything - so pawnshot owner shot and killed a looter. WARNING: Disturbing images

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2020 9:09 AM

Burned down a Target? Who cares, they have multibillionaire insurance.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2020 9:10 AM

Well the also burned down the police station. That I can see a twisted logic in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2020 9:15 AM

"Well the also burned down the police station. "

That does make a lot more sense than looting a Target.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2020 9:21 AM

This was the Target I lived closest in Mpls. It was near to major transportation hubs. Within walking distance for many people living in the poverty range. Besides the more obvious ramifications this is going to make life much harder for many people not involved in the rioting.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Then they wonder why there's "food deserts " in their neighborhoods.

Should probably be birdwatching in NYC

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2020 10:29 AM

Feral pigs. 95% of the looters couldn’t care less about their fallen brother. They’re just after free crap.

This comment made me LOL as if these looters were all a bunch of deep philosophical intellectuals.

“Pretty sure it a message against capitalism & the social & economic wealth gap that keeps people at the bottom & in positions to be murdered like George Floyd. Anarchy is a form of protesting. You might not like the form or repesct it, but it clearly got your attention”

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2020 10:33 AM

Welcome to the new South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2020 10:38 AM

animals

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2020 10:43 AM

They was simply jogging.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2020 10:53 AM

Rioting, even violence, is a helpful tool when oppression is persistent and repeated. There was no Gandhi without the threat of Bose; no MLK without the threat of Malcom X. They know this in France, Egypt, Ukraine, even Korea. They sure calmed the fuck down in LA after the King riots. Minneapolis needs to burn a little. Others next.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2020 10:53 AM

Well, there's woman who showed up in a wheelchair. She just dreadful

1. She’s not elderly, she’s 30.

2. She’s NOT handicapped, got out of her chair and walked over to hit someone, and then back to her chair (see photo)

3. She showed up stabbing blacks to keep them out of the store, but allowed whites to walk by unbothered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2020 10:55 AM

R16 I've been hearing that crap for decades.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2020 11:11 AM

And we can smell the crap in your dirty, filthy drawers all the way through the internets.

That you've been hearing crap for decades and yet you refuse to change, shows what a nasty piece of shit you really are.,

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2020 11:14 AM

When I went back to Ohio, my city was gone!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2020 11:15 AM

You're the better person R20. You win!

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2020 11:16 AM

Face it, R22. You and all the other racist trolls come on here to start shit, and you can't stand it when your trolling backfires.

You're as cowardly as the gun toting, fat assholes marching in front of the state capitol in Lansing: take away their guns and assault weapons and they suddenly morph into the whiny little bitches they really are, just like their hero, Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2020 11:25 AM

Is that enough, Jennifer?

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2020 11:29 AM

Datalounge is a site for eldergays to exchange pron and circle jerk together. Stop trying to make it BlackLivesMatter.lounge

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2020 11:45 AM

Agent provocateur? This is the guy who smashed the windows to the Auto Zone. Note his umbrella and gas mask to cover his face. What is his deal, here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2020 11:51 AM

I have no problem with this. I didn't when it happened in Ferguson, either. When black men are no longer targeted and murdered by white cops, then talk to me.

Until then, burn baby, burn.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2020 12:16 PM

One of the reasons for the Ferguson riots was particularly egregious. The Ferguson Police Department was used by the white dominated Ferguson City Hall as a revenue generating mechanism by issuing citations and tickets with huge fines attached for even the flimsiest offense (busted tail light, malfunctioning turn signal.. When mostly poor residents couldn't pay, violators were hauled into court, with interest and court costs now tacked onto the original fine. Then, when they still couldn't pay, these people were literally put in debtors prison.

It's still happening and the State of Missouri refuses to do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2020 12:28 PM

"(I searched but there was some post about a Target in Minneapolis being looted in India.)"

Huh, OP?

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2020 1:06 PM

Blame it on the Clintons! Blame it on Soros! These are paid protestors!

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2020 1:14 PM

[quote]Why didn't anyone call the police?

They’re all at the house of the cop who did the murder.

Protecting him.

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2020 1:52 PM

This is simply the testing ground for Martial Law later this year for when Trump loses and won’t leave office. Don’t worry though they’ll never allow wealthy neighborhoods to burn, you won’t see a Lord & Taylor on fire just Dollar Trees and Autozones.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2020 2:04 PM

R32 they’ll never touch me!

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2020 2:21 PM

Nothing wrong with a bit of extreme shopping

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2020 2:27 PM

So if we’re going to encourage protesters, I guess this means it’s time for the rest of the country to go back to work right?

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2020 2:36 PM

Huh, R35?

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2020 2:39 PM

#32 is correct. Someone is aggressively instigating this in an election year. Taking advantage of the Covid-19 unemployment and nice weather.

It will propel the Angry Old White Men- who aren't as enthused for Trump as they were in 2016- to the polling stations.

by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2020 2:48 PM

Did anyone notice NONE of those people were wearing masks or social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2020 2:50 PM

R38 It's like everyone forgot about what's going on. It's also happening in LA.

by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2020 2:55 PM

R16 is right

by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2020 2:56 PM

No, r40.

R16 / r20 is THE problem.

by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2020 3:00 PM

Fat, entitled, old white fucks like R41 and Donald Trump are the real problem and have been for decades. Since 1968's the Nixon campaign's "Silent Majority," we've heard nothing but how awful life is for white folks. They ate and continue to eat that shit up while the 1% robs the poor and middle class blind.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2020 3:06 PM

[quote]Did anyone notice NONE of those people were wearing masks or social distancing.

Because ghetto people burning down buildings really care a lot about public health.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2020 3:13 PM

Because assholes like Mike Pence and Donald Trump (who refuse to wear masks) really care a lot about public health.

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2020 3:20 PM

That video at r1 is nauseating. They all saw that evil cop senselessly, purposefully , unnecessarily and wrongfully kill a man, and yet they stand ready to protect that evil cop. They can't even acknowledge when one of their own has done something horribly wrong and illegal.

I couldn't protect my BLOOD family or beloved friends with that conviction if I witnessed them kill a man maliciously, in cold blood and for sport. Police are morally destitute. We need complete overhaul of law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2020 3:31 PM

Fuck the police. Unfortunately they’re a necessary evil, like proctologist’s examinations.

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote] This was the Target I lived closest in Mpls. It was near to major transportation hubs. Within walking distance for many people living in the poverty range. Besides the more obvious ramifications this is going to make life much harder for many people not involved in the rioting.

Target is headquartered in Minneapolis. The store will be rebuilt in short order in exchange for tax concessions from MN. The destruction of that store is very unfortunate. I understand the anger but I don't understand harnessing it to harm the community that is most victimized by police brutality. They should have firebombed the evil cop's house before it got round the clock protection.

by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2020 3:45 PM

Target will milk Minnesota taxpayers for all they're worth after this, and the people in the neighborhood will pay most of all. Just wait. Their taxes will rise by at least 5%.

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2020 3:52 PM

[quote]Police are morally destitute. We need complete overhaul of law enforcement.

Every Democratic politician has been talking nonstop about criminal justice reform since 2014. What have any of them done about it so far??

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2020 4:30 PM

Nothing, r49. Absolutely nothing. It's so disheartening.

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2020 4:32 PM

The death was unconscionable. But the riots don’t hurt him or the police. The sad part is they are punishing the businesses in their own community, not the police. Then people wonder why good businesses don’t want to locate in poor areas. This and shoplifting are why there are food deserts.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2020 4:52 PM

I hate this. I understand their rage, but videos of black people looting electronics from Target just fuels the racist right wing narrative that black people are lazy/violent/animals/ just want to steal shit. The same way they use images of guys in glitter and jockstraps during pride to rail against what sexual deviants all gay people are.

by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2020 4:55 PM

I went through the King Riots in LA - where we lived - we lived across the street from a very successful rapper/actor. My father was videotaping the city an the burning smoke from our balcony when about 4 cars all pulled up to the rapper's driveway and had a shit ton of stuff. About 5 minutes later there is a knock on our door. Two very large men came in and said "give us the camera." My dad told them to fuck off. One of them raised their shirt, he had a gun tucked in his waistband. My dad told them "look I have family stuff on this tape I will erase the footage I just took and show you it is erased is that good enough?" The two men agreed. My dad erased it and showed them. He would not let go of the camera. Satisfied they left and told him "next time don't point your camera at things that are none of your business." If only my dad was in the Navy, we could have called in NCIS.

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2020 5:08 PM

That policeman kill was so obviously criminal that it didn't NEED a riot.

Why degrade one's own neighborhood when the moral highground is so obviously there already?

They could have walked through the town, in their thousands, MLK style, and had so much more impact.

Now they'll be remembered as looters.

by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2020 5:43 PM

R54 They could’ve had an even greater impact if they stayed 6 feet apart.

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote] They should have firebombed the evil cop's house before it got round the clock protection.

That would likely mean burning alive his wife and kids.

Vigilante justice--always a great idea! Especially seeing how well it worked in the US during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2020 6:07 PM

[quote]Then people wonder why good businesses don’t want to locate in poor areas. This and shoplifting are why there are food deserts.

Ironically, the dead man was shoplifting (using fake money to steal).

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2020 6:23 PM

R53, and unfortunately stories like that are exactly why many people don’t want blacks (of any economic class) in their neighborhoods. Inevitably, guns, threats of violence, and other nuisance behavior soon follows.

by Anonymousreply 58May 28, 2020 6:26 PM

Amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 59May 28, 2020 6:30 PM

R58 is the new Grand Wizard of datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 60May 28, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]That policeman kill was so obviously criminal that it didn't NEED a riot.

Well it does need criminal charges, and that hasn’t happened yet. So expect these riots to continue for now.

by Anonymousreply 61May 28, 2020 6:33 PM

And yet, r61, do riots help - or hinder - progress?

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2020 6:36 PM

Animals

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2020 6:42 PM

They’re no more animals than those fine white people who marched through Charlottesville not too long ago -TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2020 6:47 PM

The Charlottesville Nazis, as awful as they were, r64 didn't loot anything and neither did they burn several buildings down.

Hundreds of jobs will be lost as a result of tonight's actions.

False equivalences get us nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 65May 28, 2020 6:57 PM

So, social media is infected with trolls stirring the pot and encouraging blacks to kill police officers. Just an FYI.

Besides the US is in the process of condemning China for human rights violations regarding the Hong Kong protests and police brutality. This footage couldn't come at a worse time.

by Anonymousreply 66May 28, 2020 6:59 PM

R66 It's been said many times but this year really feels like the beginning of the end of the world.

by Anonymousreply 67May 28, 2020 7:05 PM

I'm on Latino twitter, r66, and they are ready for a revolution as far as black twitter stirring up violence. I'm sure they won't stand up up for some murderous Minnesotan policeman, but they are fed up to the back teeth with the race baiting politics in general.

by Anonymousreply 68May 28, 2020 7:06 PM

The end of social gatherings, the end of the US/China relationship, racial relations set back, end of social media among generations who don't know how to live without it, loss of privacy. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 69May 28, 2020 7:09 PM

Stop with your “Latino Twitter” and “Black Twitter” nonsense, r68! You are just trying to stir shit up you fucking troll!

Also, please define “Latino Twitter”!

by Anonymousreply 70May 28, 2020 7:09 PM

If you don't know Latino twitter, aggressive asshole at r70, then I surely not introduce you to it!

by Anonymousreply 71May 28, 2020 7:14 PM

Yeah, those Charlottesville protesters just drove a fucking car into the counter protestors. Jesus fucking Christ. Minnesota Gophers hockey fans riot regularly. Doing this same shit. Nobody judges whites by their actions and the press call their looting, burning and car flipping "Rowdy antics" and "Celebrations in the streets".

by Anonymousreply 72May 28, 2020 7:19 PM

Some stupid bystander was trying to stop them from looting and look at what they did to her, r72. She was in a wheelchair and they did this anyway.

No matter because as you say:

"Rowdy antics"

"Celebrations in the streets"

by Anonymousreply 73May 28, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote] I'm on Latino twitter, [R66], and they are ready for a revolution as far as black twitter stirring up violence. I'm sure they won't stand up up for some murderous Minnesotan policeman, but they are fed up to the back teeth with the race baiting politics in general.

We are sick of your race baiting r68. Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 74May 28, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote] Some stupid bystander was trying to stop them from looting and look at what they did to her, [R72]. She was in a wheelchair and they did this anyway.

Let’s not make this bitch out a hero. She wasn’t handicapped as evidenced by pictures of her getting out of the wheelchair, and she was STABBING people (and black people ONLY while whites walked by).

She’s lucky she only got a fire extinguisher and didn’t get herself shot.

by Anonymousreply 75May 28, 2020 8:35 PM

I wonder how many of the vitriolic posters to this thread realize or remember that the police shut down a more peaceful protest using TEAR GAS the night before. Don’t pretend this happened in a vacuum. And anyone questioning a mob mentality? Ridiculous. It’s a frenzy which feeds on itself and builds its own momentum. Some of you are acting as tho there’s a party planner announcing what’s available in aisle 8.

by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2020 9:09 PM

Fuck YOU r74. Your whiteness does not mean you get to dictate to US!

Don't you DARE tell me to shut up! Not EVER!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 77May 28, 2020 9:15 PM

I said fuck off, you race baiting deplorable!

by Anonymousreply 78May 28, 2020 9:45 PM

Well, you know how uppity they can get.

by Anonymousreply 79May 28, 2020 10:35 PM

Calm down, MARY at r77.

You type frau.

by Anonymousreply 80May 28, 2020 10:48 PM

Ferguson agan

by Anonymousreply 81May 28, 2020 11:01 PM

Here is the video of "umbrella man" breaking the Autozone windows. Let's see how long this stay up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 28, 2020 11:17 PM

R77, you are race baiting. I never said shut up, but now that you mention it PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP!

by Anonymousreply 83May 28, 2020 11:57 PM

I didnt know that Keith Ellison's son was a Minneapolis councilman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 29, 2020 12:06 AM

IMAGINE IF GAYS BURNED THE TOWN DOWN WHENEVER A GAY WAS KILLED.....

by Anonymousreply 85May 29, 2020 12:08 AM

Imagine if gays burned the town down whenever someone posted in all caps.

That's also an unforgivable crime.

by Anonymousreply 86May 29, 2020 12:25 AM

R85 Then they would know not to fuck with us!

by Anonymousreply 87May 29, 2020 12:39 AM

Yes, R85, just imagine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 29, 2020 12:42 AM

I WAS THERE THE NITE FRISCO WAS ON FIRE

AND WE WROTE GRAFFITTI IN CAPS ALL OVER TOWN

AND SET FIRE TO GRAMMARIAN/ PUNCTUATION GRANNYS

by Anonymousreply 89May 29, 2020 12:51 AM

r87, I was there too.

I blocked all trolls who used all-caps and who couldn't spell "graffiti" correctly.

by Anonymousreply 90May 29, 2020 12:55 AM

They've got my sympathy and support, until they make the connection that I can't understand between wanting to protest and deciding they should break open a Target to steal merchandise or burn down a business they don't own.

by Anonymousreply 91May 29, 2020 1:26 AM

I block no one. Don't wanna miss any filth.

by Anonymousreply 92May 29, 2020 1:26 AM

[QUOTE] “next time don’t you be pointin’ no camera at shit that ain’t yo bidness."

Corrected that for you

by Anonymousreply 93May 29, 2020 1:50 AM

R76, they were also firing rubber bullets. They are, right now, firing flash bangs into the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 94May 29, 2020 2:01 AM

dumb shits, burning down the very stores they shop at and use......natch.

by Anonymousreply 95May 29, 2020 2:08 AM

I hate the way the media just sticks around for hours "just in case" something like a riot starts.

Fuckin' instigators.

by Anonymousreply 96May 29, 2020 2:10 AM

yea that ari guy on MSNBC so excited that the cops had thrown tear gas.....'oh whats next...."

by Anonymousreply 97May 29, 2020 2:36 AM

Disgusting, R97. I remember when Baghdad was being bombed one of the commentators saying something like, "here comes the fireworks."

by Anonymousreply 98May 29, 2020 2:39 AM

poor news men, theyr prob so sick of trump, covid, etc that a good old race war seems like fun.....

by Anonymousreply 99May 29, 2020 2:42 AM

"Feral pigs. 95% of the looters couldn’t care less about their fallen brother. They’re just after free crap."

That is so true. They don't give a flying fuck about Floyd. It's just an excuse to steal and destroy property.

by Anonymousreply 100May 29, 2020 2:50 AM

Some African Americans have a tendency to turn every outrageous, criminal tragedy in the community into an opportunity to go discount shopping in their own neighborhoods.

There is such a thing as a self-hate crime, too, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 101May 29, 2020 3:02 AM

What incentive have they given the rioters to stop? How has the power base taken any action to tangibly acknowledge their anger?

R95, do you think they care about a god damn store? Would you care about a TJ Maxx if you saw video of a cop in your town killing someone from your community, in broad daylight, in front of a crowd, the victim begging the policeman of a different race w a history of violence against your people to stop, the crowd telling him to stop, while he’s being videoed, and STILL willfully proceeding while other cops watched and did nothing?

It’s not about the store you shop at. What a foolish thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 102May 29, 2020 3:09 AM

the incentive is hey ur burning down the very shops u use ev day !!!!

dumb animals.

by Anonymousreply 103May 29, 2020 5:20 AM

[quote] Also, please define “Latino Twitter”!

It’s like the Dark Web but the Xanax isn’t as good.

by Anonymousreply 104May 29, 2020 5:26 AM

I hope r17's house burns down with him in it.

by Anonymousreply 105May 29, 2020 5:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 29, 2020 5:30 AM

that city has alwys been a shit hole..

by Anonymousreply 107May 29, 2020 5:42 AM

Trump tweets that the “military” is with Minnesota’s governor, and apparently ready to shoot looters. What better way to finish this saga off than by killing someone over a stolen microwave oven? Trump is truly a man for this moment.

by Anonymousreply 108May 29, 2020 5:43 AM

[quote] The Charlottesville Nazis, as awful as they were, [R64] didn't loot anything and neither did they burn several buildings down.

They did start a riot though - there’s film footage of them deciding to attack the counter protestors when they weren’t attacked themselves, and they just charged into the counter protestors, starting a melee.

Then as has already been pointed out, one of them drove a car into counter protestors.

by Anonymousreply 109May 29, 2020 5:44 AM

Trump tweeted and called them all “THUGS”.

by Anonymousreply 110May 29, 2020 5:45 AM

As they should

by Anonymousreply 111May 29, 2020 5:49 AM

[quote] What incentive have they given the rioters to stop?

What incentive was the zodiac killer given to stop? None! That might explain why he continued the murders. The police were therefore to blame.

by Anonymousreply 112May 29, 2020 5:52 AM

[quote]Agent provocateur?

The umbrella was an identifier so he wouldn't be interrupted, detained, or shot.

by Anonymousreply 113May 29, 2020 6:01 AM

I hope this finally exposes that most law enforcement agencies are cabals of psychopaths. Even the "good" ones are complicit in their silence. The PCL-R needs to be administered to all persons pursuing careers in law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 114May 29, 2020 6:09 AM

So the victim and the cop knew each other and worked together for years?!

by Anonymousreply 115May 29, 2020 6:14 AM

The racist on here is using numerous accounts

by Anonymousreply 116May 29, 2020 6:15 AM

Forgot link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 29, 2020 6:17 AM

the mayor seems kool,... bummer the prez is givin him a bad time, at a time when he should be givin him assistance / support.

by Anonymousreply 118May 29, 2020 6:33 AM

CNN just said that city is only 7% black, how can that be true?

by Anonymousreply 119May 29, 2020 6:34 AM

Jacob Frey is hawt but seems very over his head.

by Anonymousreply 120May 29, 2020 6:38 AM

Where is the national guard ??????

by Anonymousreply 121May 29, 2020 6:39 AM

I would suck Jacob Frey dry, but he did not do a great job at that press conference.

by Anonymousreply 122May 29, 2020 7:10 AM

considering his fatigue and frustration, I thought he did ok

im pissed the way trump talked about him, this may get trump votes alas, mister law and order

by Anonymousreply 123May 29, 2020 7:26 AM

Everyone keeps focusing on Minneapolis, but NYC had protests the last couple days for Ahmaud, Brianna Taylor and George. And there are more protests planned this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 29, 2020 7:34 AM

[quote]The Charlottesville Nazis, as awful as they were, [R64] didn't loot anything and neither did they burn several buildings down.

Don't forget they killed a woman -- Heather Heyer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 29, 2020 7:49 AM

OP, why should any of the protesters call the police? They would just have their necks used for a genuflection kneeler.

by Anonymousreply 126May 29, 2020 8:02 AM

Has anyone asked Meghan and Harry’s opinion on this? Some calming, woke words to the rioters from Sussex Royal would sure help right now.

by Anonymousreply 127May 29, 2020 8:09 AM

R113

[bold] Umbrella man has tentatively been outed - yes, he is a cop

Dylan☑ @dyllyp

HOLY SHIT. The cop who started the vandalizing was outted by people who know him. His name is Jacob Pederson of the St. Paul PD.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 29, 2020 8:27 AM

Prob no national guard there as trump wants the mayor to look bad. bastard

by Anonymousreply 129May 29, 2020 8:35 AM

Yes r128. He set them up.

His ex wife outed him.

by Anonymousreply 130May 29, 2020 8:36 AM

And the police keep stirring the pot - now random pepper spray - watch the video and see if his arm/spraying technique doesn't remind you of fumigation

The police likely want martial law & the national guard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 29, 2020 8:37 AM

Here's the link it works for me.

https ://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1266193926316228609

Remove spaces

by Anonymousreply 132May 29, 2020 8:39 AM

All of those god damn cops should be killed...hung by their necks or burned at the stake. I am so sick of the last half century of racist cops and their murdering ways.

by Anonymousreply 133May 29, 2020 8:42 AM

Have the senators or governor spoken up? are they repugs like trump and want that poor democrat mayor to look bad?

they know this may help trumps right wingers get out and vote 4 him

lordy what if the death and it all was a big set up to foment mayhem there....

by Anonymousreply 134May 29, 2020 9:03 AM

Trump knows he has lost the blacks, he wants to rile up his racist electorate

by Anonymousreply 135May 29, 2020 9:08 AM

Well the Third Precinct Bldg exploded two hours ago; the 4th is surrounded.

Video below - wait for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 29, 2020 9:18 AM

Why you think the police is a no show? they no like the mayor either? they work for trump?

by Anonymousreply 137May 29, 2020 9:32 AM

The National Guard arrived minutes ago and the police tentatively reentered. Minnesota declared a state emergency. Protestors in Phoenix met with provocation from the police, but they remained peaceful.

by Anonymousreply 138May 29, 2020 10:06 AM

There's other footage of the police filling shopping carts with wood that looks like pallets but isn't and setting it on fire. This is some Reichshtag shit. I hope they're all caught and this comes to light. And I hope it's a "good cop" who outs them

by Anonymousreply 139May 29, 2020 10:09 AM

Despicable that Trump disses the Mayor rather than giving him full support in getting this mess....

by Anonymousreply 140May 29, 2020 10:20 AM

R112, false comparison which I’m guessing you knew.

by Anonymousreply 141May 29, 2020 11:24 AM

tRump's response tweet

[quote]Twitter is doing nothing about all of the lies & propaganda being put out by China or the Radical Left Democrat Party. They have targeted Republicans, Conservatives & the President of the United States. Section 230 should be revoked by Congress. Until then, it will be regulated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 29, 2020 11:33 AM

Black people are fed the fuck up!! Peaceful protests are bullshit in this day and age! This is only the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 143May 29, 2020 12:49 PM

If only Mary Tyler Moore were still alive, this would never be happening to Minneapolis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 29, 2020 1:04 PM

HOCKEY!!

"Seven Times White People Rioted for No Fucking Reason"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 29, 2020 1:10 PM

No r65, hardly a false equivalency. The rioters didn’t murder or assault people because of their race or for supporting those being discriminated against because of their race. Murder trumps rioting.

by Anonymousreply 146May 29, 2020 1:38 PM

The Charlottesville crowd committed a murder. That kinda tops stealing some Huggies.

by Anonymousreply 147May 29, 2020 2:06 PM

These people all need to get back to work. We reopened the country for them to work!

by Anonymousreply 148May 29, 2020 3:12 PM

Pete Williams, MSNBC Judicial Correspondent gets his analogies wrong. He's not alone in the media. Trayvon Martin's death in Florida was not due to the police. George Zimmerman was not a policeman, but was some kind of volunteer in a neighborhood watch endeavor. Zimmerman was later charged and controversially acquitted by a jury. When Zimmerman called the police before the physical encounter with Màrtin, the police dispatcher told Zimmerman not to confront Martin, and they were sending a unit to check out the matter. The nitwit Zimmerman did not follow police instructions and proceeded to follow and confront Martin, ultimately shooting him as they tussled.

Each of these stories don't have the same narratives. Media correspondents need to know the history and distinctions of each.

The George Floyd death looks very similar to what happened to Eric Garner. The policeman pressing Floyd's neck with his knee for around eight minutes killed the pleading Floyd. That police officer needs to be charged and the other three policemen, taking part or standing there, need to be held accountable as well.

by Anonymousreply 149May 29, 2020 3:22 PM

R135, Dump didn't lose the black vote. He never had it.

by Anonymousreply 150May 29, 2020 3:28 PM

R148 The media is curiously silent about the public health risk of new nationwide protests especially after its strong condemnation of the lockdown protests just a few short weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 151May 29, 2020 3:29 PM

Especially as it concerns those most disproportionately affected by the virus.

by Anonymousreply 152May 29, 2020 3:42 PM

Finally, something other than coronavirus is being reported on by CNN.

The conditions in America are ripe for a revolution. People are fed up.

Meanwhile, here in Canada Trudeau continues to bury his head in the metaphorical sand...

by Anonymousreply 153May 29, 2020 4:04 PM

OP, can you be any more tone deaf???????

by Anonymousreply 154May 29, 2020 4:06 PM

I stand with R27.

by Anonymousreply 155May 29, 2020 4:15 PM

In the Rodney King Riots, and I was living in LA at the time, the majority of looters arrested were Latino, not black. Just like in MN, there are righteous protesters and then people taking advantage of chaos.

In fact, I remember the cover from the LA Times, which featured large numbers of non black looters being arrested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 29, 2020 4:28 PM

Knee-killer cop Derek Chauvin arrested. The other three still at large.

by Anonymousreply 157May 29, 2020 5:35 PM

Has anyone heard from Mary Richards?

by Anonymousreply 158May 29, 2020 5:38 PM

No. But undoubtedly Ted will cover at 6 PM. In the meantime, pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 29, 2020 5:41 PM

Any word as to why the CNN camera crew was arrested ON AIR last night? The police didn't seem to give a reason, they just took them into custody for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 160May 29, 2020 6:04 PM

R160... maybe they they were arrested BECAUSE THEY WERE CNN... NOT FOX.

by Anonymousreply 161May 29, 2020 6:24 PM

"The rioters looted and burned down a Target. Why didn't anyone call the police?"

Because when a building is on fire, you call the fire department?

by Anonymousreply 162May 29, 2020 6:26 PM

R160, here's the story. The reporter was a POC. Coincidence? I don't why DL doesn't seem to let one post from CNN.

by Anonymousreply 163May 29, 2020 6:32 PM

I'm so glad he was arrested. We fled our house in the city and are sitting by the fire at our lake home in northern Minnesota. I feel somewhat guilty sitting by a roaring fire in my hearth and not an incinerated police office.

by Anonymousreply 164May 29, 2020 6:33 PM

I think you should feel guilty, unless you are an invalid, or 94.

by Anonymousreply 165May 29, 2020 6:45 PM

I do not care about looters, I care about murder. That lowlife company is completely protected...their workers are not. And Target does not give a damn if every one of it's workers were killed by cops. Those owners are hard hearted.

by Anonymousreply 166May 29, 2020 6:53 PM

Of course you shouldn't feel guilty, R164. If you own another property in the same state where you have a place in the city, you're a tax-paying property owner and have a right to be there.

by Anonymousreply 167May 29, 2020 6:55 PM

Derek Chauvin charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 168May 29, 2020 7:25 PM

"All of those god damn cops should be killed...hung by their necks or burned at the stake. I am so sick of the last half century of racist cops and their murdering ways."

You're psychotic. You should be locked up. I know you have a profound mental illness, but that's no excuse. You're a despicable piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 169May 29, 2020 7:49 PM

R169 Third degree murder? If convicted how long would he serve?

by Anonymousreply 170May 29, 2020 7:56 PM

r170 - Let's hope he's convicted.

by Anonymousreply 171May 29, 2020 7:58 PM

Up to 25 years but no mimimum sentence mentioned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 29, 2020 9:37 PM

Up to 25 years but no minimum sentence is mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 29, 2020 9:37 PM

"Derek Chauvin charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter. "

Shouldn't it be second-degree murder? I thought manslaughter meant killing someone totally by accident, but that second-degree means killing someone in the heat of the moment, deliberately but without premeditation. Which seems to describe kneeling on someone's trachea for half an hour.

Gawd, so much drama and destruction could have been avoided, if they'd only held him for questioning right off the bat.

by Anonymousreply 174May 29, 2020 10:46 PM

R174: I wondered the same thing!

by Anonymousreply 175May 29, 2020 10:55 PM

Seems like they are undercharging in hopes of getting a conviction.

by Anonymousreply 176May 29, 2020 11:08 PM

[quote] Shouldn't it be second-degree murder? I thought manslaughter meant killing someone totally by accident, but that second-degree means killing someone in the heat of the moment, deliberately but without premeditation. Which seems to describe kneeling on someone's trachea for half an hour.

R174, under Minnesota law, what you described is Murder in the 3rd degree, not intentional, but with depraved indifference to human life. They would never convince a jury he set out to murder Floyd and did, in fact, murder him. I’m sure we don’t even believe anyone would set out to murder someone and murder them in the middle of the street during the day, in front of witnesses with cameras. However, his indifference to human life caused this man’s death.

Manslaughter is more a “heat of the moment” situation charge.

by Anonymousreply 177May 29, 2020 11:13 PM

Thanks, R177

by Anonymousreply 178May 29, 2020 11:16 PM

A lot of you are expecting anger to be rational, which is such a joke. People on this site go for blood over a misplaced, comma.

by Anonymousreply 179May 29, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote] People on this site go for blood over a misplaced, comma.

Oh, dea.....dammit. I see what you did there.

by Anonymousreply 180May 29, 2020 11:25 PM

Well thank God for Chapter 11.

by Anonymousreply 181May 29, 2020 11:58 PM

Who comes on a gay board and talks like R16?

by Anonymousreply 182May 29, 2020 11:59 PM

& he got NINE WWs, R182!

by Anonymousreply 183May 30, 2020 12:03 AM

"...not intentional, but with depraved indifference to human life."

Well, "depraved indifference to human life" certainly describes the Floyd murder!

The thing is, it very likely was intentional, and even I, an old white elderbottom from California, suspect that this Bad Cop has killed before and gotten away with it, and intended to do it this time. Ya think this was his first episode of delivering rough justice? But yeah, how can you convince a jury that there was intent to kill, other that pointing out that kneeling on someone's trachea for half an hour is guaranteed to kill them.

by Anonymousreply 184May 30, 2020 12:22 AM

R184, it's not intentional, the charge, so they don't have to prove intent to kill.

by Anonymousreply 185May 30, 2020 12:32 AM

The episode in which Ouiser's pet alligator ate the mayor of Chiqqipen Parish was hilarious. I loved how she walked the thing around like a dog.

by Anonymousreply 186May 30, 2020 12:39 AM

R127 - I am a nurse practitioner and worked between Glendale Memorial Hospital and a Kaiser down in South Central. At Glendale Memorial all the nurses and staff (Armenian and Filipina) were talking about the Sussex wedding. At Kaiser in south central MOST of the African American assistants had no clue who she was. So there is still a lack of awareness in the African American community

by Anonymousreply 187May 30, 2020 12:48 AM

Whoa wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 188May 30, 2020 12:55 AM

R179, you’ve given us a lot to think about.

by Anonymousreply 189May 30, 2020 1:02 AM

People are directing all their outrage at Trump for sending the national guard, but if anything, the need for such a federal response represents a failure of the mayor (who is a lot cuter than Cuomo I admit), the state police, and the governor. We've already had one unarmed protestor shot and killed, but all the media can talk about is, well at least these rioters are not armed. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 190May 30, 2020 1:03 AM

We need Rhoda Young all up in this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 191May 30, 2020 1:20 AM

r190, Let's just get one thing straight:

Trump ALWAYS deserves whatever outrage comes his way.

Always.

by Anonymousreply 192May 30, 2020 1:34 AM

R133, get a goddamned grip. They should be HANGED.

by Anonymousreply 193May 30, 2020 1:37 AM

This is a product of many factors, but one of them unquestionably is Trump’s ineptitude. He couldn’t say a damn word about this situation this afternoon. He just looked disoriented and uninvolved.

by Anonymousreply 194May 30, 2020 1:39 AM

Now that is justice r136

by Anonymousreply 195May 30, 2020 2:07 AM

What’s the end goal? I’m all for protesting. But what do these people want? If all the cops are arrested they go home? Destroying an impoverished neighborhood is not my idea of a protest, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 196May 30, 2020 2:16 AM

OMG, you guys should read some of the WebSleuths comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 30, 2020 2:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!