Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

[Action Required] - 【Final noticed Amazon.com Information Card Update!!】 : Please Your Prime Membership update payement card

This was in my inbox, along with a file to download. Honestly, do these scammers even try anymore? NOTICED? PAYEMENT? I almost sent a few bucks just for making me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2020 2:11 AM

Cool story, bro! 😎

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 9:30 PM

That's how chinese and russian trolls spell PAYMENT.

They're nothing but disgusting grifter trash. Both of those countries.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 9:32 PM

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to do crime. That's why the prisons are always full.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 9:39 PM

Don't even think about opening that email as it will automatically download all the shitwares, malwares, ransomwares, exploits, rat wares to your computer after you open it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 9:45 PM

I’ve gotten more than a few of these and I report them all. The best though was the blackmail message I got, threatening to release my “self pleasure videos” (there are none) to all of my contacts that they claimed to have obtained. Unless, of course I sent them payment by bitcoin or Visa card or some goddam thing. Reported to my ISP. Go get ‘em Corona!

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 9:48 PM

I get a few of these every week, and report them all. Check out the bizarre underlying email addresses from which they're sent.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 10:05 PM

I fell for it about 3 weeks ago. Even provided my SSN. The site didn’t accept the credit card info I gave. And then I left the site hoping that nothing was transmitted. But I reported it & got a new card. I registered with CreditWise. Anything else I need to do? I’ve checked my banking records & there’s been no untoward activity.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 10:15 PM

R7's mom needs to take away his credit cards.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 10:46 PM

R8 more likely r7's grandson needs to take away his credit card.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote][R7]'s mom needs to take away his credit cards.

r7 IS "mom", or more likely, grandmom.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 11:00 PM

Dammit, r9 -- you beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 11:01 PM

Allegedly, scammers like this deliberately create messages with obvious errors because they are only interested in more naive/vulnerable targets.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 11:48 PM

So I can be a dumbass. Although, yes, a really hot one (and, surprisingly, not even a blonde). Having been (deservedly) assailed for my real cluelessness here, can I get any response as to whether I've covered myself adequately since?

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2020 12:01 AM

I never get these kinds of messages. Your email provider must have the worst spam filter ever.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2020 12:27 AM

Just tonight I got my first Netflix spam email:

"We're have been hold your account because we've been failed to charge your card. Please retry your card or update payment method to contiue watch our show. sign-in and complete your pending payment"

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2020 1:53 AM

Whenever I get a message from a fake profile on A4A I respond by saying if they send me a face selfie holding a sheet of paper with the date on it (or something similar) I'll wire them $1000.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2020 2:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!