Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trashy UK TV

Recently, YouTube started recommending Gogglebox episodes for me to watch (The original UK version of the short lived Bravo show "The People's Couch" which I also enjoyed) Just people sitting around watching trashy reality shows and whatnot. The recommendation came because I am spending most of my quarantine time watching old English game shows. (as an aside...please watch Cluedo below...fascinating cast of DL favorites)

Anyways...is there a place, shady or not, to watch some of these shows (Blind Date Hotel, Five Guys a Week etc) online?

I have checked BritBox and AcornTV, and for the most part they seem to try to keep it classy. Not for me) A friend watches a lot of BBC shows on RedditTV, but I get nervous about downloading random files.

Any other shows you may recommend? Also finished up watching maybe 1000 hours of Come Dine with Me on YouTube. English, Australian and South African Versions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2021 1:07 AM

HULU has love island and The only way is Essex. I’m up to season 8 or so I am steadily losing braincells but it’s entertaining trash. Been watching old Celebrity Big Brother episodes on You tube too. Tiffany Pollan (aka NewYork v Towie’s Gemma Collins is TV trash I didn’t know i needed!

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 3:46 PM

Oh thar trasy Broman Show!

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 3:48 PM

I use Tunnelbear to watch Channel 4 videos online. I love watching Four in a Bed. They are vicious on that show, just terrible to each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 3:53 PM

I love Gogglebox, but it's so hard to find in the US. The clips on YouTube are only partial clips.

And they tried it in the US on Bravo and I loved it. Don't know why they ended it - low production costs for sure.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 3:58 PM

I was subscribed to a Youtube acct. that had tons of Come Dine With Me videos, but it got removed for copyright infringement or some nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 4:23 PM

Do you like property shows?

I used to love this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 4:26 PM

Also the Hotel Inspector.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 4:27 PM

Actually the best Hotel Inspectors were the early ones with Ruth Watson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 4:32 PM

Try looking for GoggleBox on DailyMotion. Their standards are a little more lax there, but you have to put up with a commercial every five minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 4:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 4:36 PM

This is one of the best Hotel Inspector eps- and it's a gay guy who owns it, so....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 4:38 PM

R9 - thanks! I always forget about DailyMotion. They're definitely more lax.

Big thumbs up!

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 7:39 PM

Graham Norton every time he has Miriam Margoyles on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 8:17 PM

Thank you, R11. Never having seen The Hotel Inspector before, that was almost like watching a sketch starring Miranda Richardson and John Sessions. Hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 10:34 PM

Here’s a google drive link with most of the Gogglebox episodes from around the world. I binged the UK ones with no issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2021 12:30 AM

VideoBrother.net has every season of Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother UK, including the one-offs and aftershows/supplementary shows. They also have every season of BB US, BB Canada, and BB Australia, along with all global franchises of Survivor, The Amazing Race, and The Circle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2021 12:58 AM

I use the FilmOn app. It’s kind of pricey at $17 per month, but you get all of the UK channels plus 12 hours of DVR space. You have to use a VPN in the States, but it’s just like having British cable. I haven’t watched American TV in ages.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2021 1:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!