Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Middleton: Those Bitches Fucked Us Over!

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 28, 2020 7:10 PM

Nobody gives a flying duck about The Royals except for you, Frauline OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 2:45 PM

Dressing up in pretty clothes to smile and wave at various celebrations is terribly exhausting back breaking work. She probably only gets minimum wage and a 30 minute lunch. How does she do it?

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 2:54 PM

This is total bullshit. And there are Princesses Laverne and Shirley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 2:56 PM

Are they still trying to use Harry and Meghan as scapegoats to make themselves look better? Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 2:58 PM

I don't believe this story. First, it's Tatler. Second, Kate is very discreet, avoids controversy and keeps her mouth shut for the most part. Is Meghan's camp leaking negative stories again to make Kate look bad?

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 3:03 PM

Is this Meghan leaking stories as posturing to prepare for Harry Markle & Meghan Markle's return to London and resuming there duties as working royals? Have the Markles come to the realization that they've failed spectacularly at independence? Is the face-saving rationale from the Markles going to be "Oh, but we are so needed in London that we will sacrifice out dreams"?

I don't believe that Kate would ever have said any of this. She's no fool.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 3:07 PM

Kate is too " never complain, never explain" to say this. It is again Meghan's crew trying desperately to remind the world she is still a part of the Royal Family

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 3:09 PM

How could anyone know since they've been locked down at Amner Hall for two months? There haven't been any appearances or duties that require any travel or much effort. Sitting in front of a camera to talk to civic groups, healthcare workers, seniors in care homes has been it. Kate and William are probably pretty content with the circumstances. They likely have more family time now than they've ever had.

It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 3:15 PM

LOL. It is not likely Kate feels overwhelmed at all. She still controls her schedule and can do as much as she wants. Her "friend" is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 3:18 PM

Frau Kaiser is madt.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 3:18 PM

Kate looks a lot older in that pic. Underweight doesn’t age well.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 3:21 PM

[quote] LOL. It is not likely Kate feels overwhelmed at all. She still controls her schedule and can do as much as she wants. Her "friend" is full of shit.

When are people going to realize that you may write whatever story that you choose and credit your source as being a “palace insider.”

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 3:27 PM

[QUOTE] Kate looks a lot older in that pic. Underweight doesn’t age well.

among the wealthiest of classes, underweight is never out of fashion.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 3:35 PM

This story more likely came from Meghan's camp. They love controversy and can't let a day go by without a discussion of the tiresome duo.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 3:37 PM

Even when Kate was mercilessly ridiculed by the tabs, long before anyone had heard of Markle, there were never leaks about her whining. She takes her lumps in silence, smiling the whole time.

All of a sudden she’s envious of Meghan’s freedom. She’s missing school runs even though there haven’t been any for months?

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 3:41 PM

How much “work” were the Sussexes doing, anyway? In the past year, they were on paternity leave, holiday vacations and a “step back” directly after.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 3:43 PM

This is a smear campaign by the Harkles. Catherine wouldn’t do this right now to sabotage her image. She does have a right to be pissed off though. Those other two were needed going forward. Now they’ll just have to cut ribbons faster or bring in the Beatrice and Eugenie to help out. The Queen isn’t expected to come back to “work” and Philip too. Anne is at maximum capacity so she can’t take on more either.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 3:49 PM

I don't follow all this Royals bullshit, but my best friend works in protocol in a European state and has sort of accompanied William and Kate during one of their state visits. He told me that they were highly disciplined, maintaining perfect poise all the time, and never even came close to letting their masques slip. The impression I got from his experiences is that they are all about the DUTY. No way would Kate Middleton ever complain.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 3:57 PM

R18, and if she complained, it would be to a very small circle of people she trusted (like her mother or William).

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 4:01 PM

Well, get those two York girls on it. They’re not doing anything.

Harry and Meghan thought they couldn’t be replaced. One thing I’ve learned in life: no one is irreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 4:02 PM

R7 - Kate went to school with and is very good friends with the editor of Tatler.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 4:03 PM

Tatler is throwing shade at Kate IMPO as nothing else makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 4:05 PM

So is Tatler supposed to be gossip magazine that's higher brow and appeals to the upper middle class and above? For some reason I thought it was more reliable than the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2020 4:35 PM

They're probably leaking stories ahead of the Harry/Meg book to make it look like they (Will and Kate) are actually the hard working royals who were thrown under the bus to "work".

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2020 4:40 PM

You obviously care a lot about the royals r1, which is why you jumped on this thread as soon as you saw the subject.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2020 4:44 PM

This alerts me to Megsy's increased desperation and reminds me how insanely jealous she is of Catherine. Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2020 4:47 PM

Why would they give a shit about the grifter and the dimwit's book, r24?

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2020 4:48 PM

R21, the editor of Tatler was at university at the same time as William and Kate, that doesn't mean they were friends. The cover of this issue is fairly ridiculous too.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2020 4:51 PM

Yes r22. The narrative of "tension" between Kate and Meghan and bringing up the old tropes of Waity Katy and her social-climbing mother (as the tabloids had it) is a great way to get attention for the Tatler.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote] [R21], the editor of Tatler was at university at the same time as William and Kate, that doesn't mean they were friends. The cover of this issue is fairly ridiculous too.

You think that’s less accurate than the other things that have been said here about this woman; whom no one here knows?

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2020 5:02 PM

Why would Harry and. Meghan be obliged to live their lives for the benefit of the Cambridge children?

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2020 5:03 PM

I agree it would be so out of character for Kate to complain to friends. She didn't even when William broke up with her for a year because his snobby aristocratic friends kept making comments about her middle-class background.

If she's truly modeling herself after the Queen (as the article admits she does), then she is complaining to no one, excepting only her husband.

"Ours is a high and lonely destiny." -- Queen Jadis, Empress of Charn, in The Magician's Nephew

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]Why would Harry and. Meghan be obliged to live their lives for the benefit of the Cambridge children?

For the future of the Crown, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2020 5:06 PM

Kate isn't complaining about anything. She believes in what she does and the country appreciates it.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2020 5:08 PM

Kate knew what she signed up for...no sympathy for her. Life in a gilded cage.....sad face.

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2020 5:08 PM

LOL, no way those 'quotes' came from Kate.

Smug is so jealous it can be seen from outer space. Poor Smug!

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2020 5:09 PM

[quote] For the future of the Crown, that's why.

Fuck dat shit.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2020 5:09 PM

She's not asking for sympathy, bird brain at r35.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2020 5:10 PM

Kate will never need toilet paper with obsequious cuntrags at r38; their lips are plastered to her anus.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2020 5:12 PM

sMEG thought her Megxit was so important that everyone was affected by it. MEH!

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote] among the wealthiest of classes, underweight is never out of fashion.

I respectfully disagree.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2020 5:18 PM

Harry and Meghan are lucky to have escaped from that stifling life. What’s in it for them, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2020 5:18 PM

LOL, R42. Escaped? That 'Lifestyle' still pays for their every whim. You're funny!

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2020 5:19 PM

Just because british bigots love (white, british) Kate and hate (black, American) Meghan, doesn’t translate into Meghan and Kate hating each other. I’m so sorry about that, bigots.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2020 5:22 PM

Kate certainly does look exhausted in the OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2020 5:23 PM

Freedom. So what if the Firm pays for it. How lucky they are. How fortunate.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2020 5:24 PM

Useless freedom when people no longer bow before you. Hoarding your antisocial baby's nappies from Costco is no fun now, is it?

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote] I agree it would be so out of character for Kate to complain to friends. She didn't even when William broke up with her for a year because his snobby aristocratic friends kept making comments about her middle-class background.

Well as long as we all agree about what is out of character for this women whom none of us know.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2020 5:28 PM

Well, we can't all be Lainey Gossip, R48

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2020 5:30 PM

What work did Harry and Meghan actually *do*, anyway?

Archie’s birth allowed her to hide away for months on end. And excused her from any duty she didn’t like: had to leave an engagement early, for “feeding” (but she left him in England for days on end so she could attend Serena’s match).

She did a few months’ duty then it was off to Canada for Xmas and that was the last anyone saw of her until Megxit.

So for a year, the BRF has been SOMEHOW surviving without her.

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2020 5:35 PM

I’m so sure that they are relieved to be free from the stifling and rigid palace life. I’d gladly give up the HRH before my name if it allowed me some social autonomy. How fortunate are they?

by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2020 5:37 PM

Does Meghan have to return all the clothes she bought for 'work'?

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2020 5:38 PM

R48, if Donald Trump started telling the truth and stopped spewing his brain diarrhea on Twitter, wouldn’t that be “out of character”? If Queen Elizabeth started wearing stilettos heels and lace bustiers, wouldn’t you agree it would be “out of character”?

You don’t have to know a public figure intimately to observe patterns in their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2020 5:39 PM

R51, it must be a relief.

Makes you wonder why she signed up for it.

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2020 5:41 PM

Sounds like a terrible existence. I do not know how they survive.

by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2020 5:41 PM

[quote] You think that’s less accurate than the other things that have been said here about this woman; whom no one here knows?

If you really believed we can know nothing about celebrities unless we know them personally, you would not be on a gay gossip forum.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2020 5:41 PM

This didn’t come from Kate, of course, but I’m not convinced it came from Meghan, either.

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2020 5:41 PM

I don't think it came from the obvious suspects (Kate or Meghan). How about the cow princesses?

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2020 5:45 PM

Please r44. Meghan has spent her entire adult life identifying as white.

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2020 5:47 PM

If it came from anyone, it came from Meghan.

But it’s just as likely the DM made it up.

The part about Kate horning in on Megs’s wedding prep (re the flower girls’ tights) is interesting and points to Megs venting her spleen.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2020 6:31 PM

You're all insane freaks. The fake article is about Kate and here you are, obsessing over Meghan and inventing things out of whole cloth to justify your suspicious nonsensical hatred of this woman you've never met and likely never will.

At the same time, some of you are ascribing holy motives to Kate, imagining her conversations and how she never ever complains in these private moments you invent out of the same imagination that is inventing malicious motives to Meghan.

Get some therapy, freaks.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]You're all insane freaks.

A bit over the top now then, aren't ya hon?

[quote]The fake article is about Kate

It's a real article, we can see it right in front of our eyes!

[quote]obsessing over Meghan and inventing things out of whole cloth to justify your suspicious nonsensical hatred of this woman you've never met and likely never will.

Its speculation based on observation of past behavioral patterns, that's all.

[quote]At the same time, some of you are ascribing holy motives to Kate, imagining her conversations and how she never ever complains in these private moments

Again, speculation based on observation of past behavioral patterns, that's all.

[quote]Get some therapy, freaks.

I expect that many of us have from time to time in our lives, the bigger question, is when will you recognize your own, demonstratively obvious, need for therapy?

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2020 6:44 PM

People who keep telling other people to get therapy over a Royal discussion - need therapy.

Chill. Let people talk about what they want.

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2020 7:16 PM

I feel like a loser for clicking on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2020 7:19 PM

r63 People who try to thread monitor, such as yourself, also need therapy.

by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2020 7:19 PM

r62 people who feel the urge to respond to every single sentence of a short post are, in fact, insane.

by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2020 7:21 PM

Girls, girls!

You’re all crazy!

by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2020 7:25 PM

Hahahaha. Kate tired from working too hard. Hahahaha. My aching sides. Hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2020 7:47 PM

Look over there!

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2020 7:54 PM

Meghan is polar opposite of Trump in politics, but quite bizarrely similar in the narcissistic personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2020 8:54 PM

The Full Tatler Article

Has the Duchess of Cambridge suddenly become one of the most influential women in the world?

Front and centre of the new, slimmed-down monarchy, Kate hasn’t put an LK Bennett-shod foot out of place in the nine years she has been William’s wife. That was clear as the coronavirus outbreak became a pandemic and she took on extra royal duties – making public appearances remotely as the country went into lockdown. There she was, clapping for the NHS, speaking to primary-school children over Zoom, offering support to the new Nightingale hospital by telephone from Kensington Palace and giving relatable interviews about the challenges of homeschooling. William seems adrift when Kate is not by his side (take the awkwardly wooden Children in Need skit he attempted with Stephen Fry, for example). Kate is, some argue, a kingmaker.

Certainly royal courtiers have murmured their approval. ‘Kate understands that the only credo of the Royal Family is duty, duty, duty,’ says one. ‘Whereas with the Sussexes it is constant uncertainty, [the Cambridges] represent stability and continuity.’ It’s easy to forget, with the all-encompassing threat and disruption of the coronavirus crisis, that this tumultuous time follows an extremely busy period for William and Kate. In the wake of Harry and Meghan standing down as senior royals and seeking exile in North America, Kate took on 11 royal engagements in a month – three in the space of 24 hours. It was a gruelling attempt to buffer the barrage of bad news destabilising the House of Windsor on a near-daily basis: the divorces (the Queen’s nephew Lord Snowdon and her grandson Peter Phillips); Prince Andrew’s mortifying fall from grace; the Sussexes’ surly press statements; and those naff Chinese milk adverts. Amid it all, Kate has emerged serene and smiling.

Out went safe shift dresses, in came silk pussy-bow blouses and softer blowdries. Everywhere, there was talk of Kate, opening up on podcasts about ‘mum guilt’. As a good friend of hers points out, ‘Kate knows what the country needs and wants. Championing how to raise your children is perfect.’ Yet, privately, said another friend, ‘Kate is furious about the larger workload. Of course she’s smiling and dressing appropriately but she doesn’t want this. She feels exhausted and trapped. She’s working as hard as a top CEO, who has to be wheeled out all the time, without the benefits of boundaries and plenty of holidays.’ Some say that beneath the yummy-mummy exterior is a spine of steel; that, in many ways, she’s reminiscent of the late Queen Mother, whom Cecil Beaton described as ‘a marshmallow made on a welding machine’. Because surviving, let alone thriving, in the House of Windsor is no mean feat...

by Anonymousreply 71May 26, 2020 9:30 PM

Was it Kate who advised William on his recent modernising speeches and causes while toning down her own rigid body language? Was she instrumental in William’s jarringly woke ‘inclusivity’ Bafta speech? Has seeing Meghan exit stage left from royal life played to Kate’s advantage? Is the royal once dubbed the Duchess of Dolittle because she had so few public engagements stealthily establishing herself as kingmaker – the person to save, and salve, the monarchy?

In many ways, it’s difficult to get a true sense of the real Duchess of Cambridge – so determined does she seem to project an aura of blandness as part of her regal persona. When I broach the subject, I hear the same sentiments from others, from royal insiders to society figures: ‘I just don’t know who she is.’ One member of the young royal set says: ‘I’ve spent quite a lot of time around Kate and she is impenetrable. There is nothing to like or dislike.’ Yet, the source continues, ‘she has a ruthless survival streak, just like the House of Windsor. It’s why she is so well suited. She keeps her head down because the prize of being queen is so great. She models herself on the Queen and now speaks like the Queen.’

It’s been a rapid ascent for a girl born into an upper-middle-class family in Reading. She and her siblings attended Marlborough, thanks to her parents’ thriving mail-order business, and while there she had a poster of Prince William on her wall. Then in 2001, at university – Sloane central, St Andrews, where she read history of art – she met William. She reputedly mixed with an almost exclusively grand set and famously appeared in a sheer dress on the student catwalk. Dating William for several years earned her the cruel nickname Waity Katy from the press. The waiting paid off – they married in fairy-tale splendour in 2011 – but the sniping persisted.

‘In the beginning it was quite difficult for Kate as she wasn’t born into those circles,’ says a royal insider. She suffered the indignity of the ‘doors to manual’ jibe (a reference to her mother Carole’s former role as an air hostess) and needles about her ‘common’ family background – Carole being ‘NQOCD’ (Not Quite Our Class, Darling) for having been born in a council flat in Southall and descended from Durham coal-mining stock. Plus, horror of horrors, Carole allegedly ‘chewed gum’ during William’s passing-out ceremony at the Sandhurst military academy.

by Anonymousreply 72May 26, 2020 9:32 PM

Worse yet, Carole’s brother, Kate’s uncle Gary, is a flamboyant boulevardier on his fourth marriage. He owned a villa in Ibiza, where Kate and William stayed, called La Maison de Bang Bang, and was a victim of a News of the World drugs sting (he said he was manipulated and set up). Yet Kate has never complained about her press drubbing nor disinvited dodgy relatives from her wedding. There seems to exist within her a genuine stoicism. But one wonders if the criticism gets her down.

Notably, in 2013, the Man Booker-winning novelist Hilary Mantel sparked outrage when she gave a lecture in which she described Kate as ‘gloss-varnished’. In what the press called a ‘vicious’ and ‘venomous’ attack, Mantel said: ‘Kate seems to have been selected for her role of princess because she was irreproachable; as painfully thin as anyone could wish, without quirks, oddities, without the risk of emergence of character.’ In fact, the lecture provoked such a maelstrom of opinion that the then prime minister, David Cameron, took time out of a trip to India to refute the ‘completely misguided and completely wrong’ summation of the Duchess of Cambridge and what Mantel called her ‘perfect plastic smile’. No doubt it stung, but Kate bore it silently. In crisis, friends say, Kate retreats to the protective embrace of her family. Her commendable backbone comes from her mother. ‘They are a very close family and totally united,’ says a friend of the Middletons. It helps that in William’s eyes Carole and Michael Middleton can do no wrong. ‘He absolutely adores them. Michael is charming. Really kind, soft and gentle. William loves going to the country to stay with them. Their family life is so soothing for him as it’s so different from his own family.’ Another country grandee says: ‘I’ve heard that Prince William is obsessed with Carole. She’s the mummy he always wanted.’

by Anonymousreply 73May 26, 2020 9:34 PM

Yet it’s Carole, with what some call her Hyacinth Bucket aspirations of grandeur, who, rumour has it, puts people’s backs up in a way Kate does not. Some people have apparently found her exacting. A skilled craftsman who worked on Anmer Hall, William and Kate’s country home, and is used to a roster of prestigious and potentially tricky customers, said that he found Carole ‘the most difficult client’ he had ever worked with: ‘She was exceedingly demanding, fussy and questioned everything.’ Carole has put her stamp on Anmer decor-wise. Far from being a typical aristo abode, with threadbare rugs and dog hair everywhere, like, say, Windsor and Balmoral, it is, according to a visitor, ‘like a gleaming five-star hotel, with cushions plumped and candles lit’. Another adds: ‘It’s very Buckinghamshire.’

While Kate has praised her close family and happy childhood, there’s no denying that Carole is a formidable matriarch. ‘Carole is a terrible snob,’ alleges a friend of Donna Air, ex-girlfriend of Kate’s brother, James. ‘Donna is a really lovely girl, but Carole got quite grand.’ She adds: ‘Carole is the masterminding force between those girls.’

Kate and her sister, Pippa, remain the closest of confidantes, presumably because it feels safe. ‘Pippa now speaks like the Queen, too, and is absolutely paranoid about the paparazzi,’ says one of her circle. ‘She refers to her sister as Catherine or “the duchess” in public, which feels too regal and try-hard. Pippa is a bit lost now and is struggling to find her place. She’s always in the shadow as someone’s sister or someone’s wife. But they are all utterly loyal to each other. The Middleton family will always close ranks. None of them can quite believe that they have hit the jackpot, so between Kate, Pippa and Carole there is an unspoken bond. A sort of “We have to bring it to fruition at all costs”.’

When it comes to the Middletons, continues the friend, ‘The big thing in their family is control.’ Another member of their circle concurs: ‘In person, Catherine is a bit warmer and slightly more fun than in public, but you are aware that she is always aware of how careful she has to be. There is a level of control that she has to retain. I don’t think she’d know how to fully let her guard down now, even if she wanted to.’ It’s true that when she speaks, in her carefully modulated voice (coached with the help of the late Anthony Gordon Lennox, Old Etonian nephew of the Duke of Richmond – friends say that Kate’s accent became ‘posher’ at Marlborough and that now she sounds ‘even more plummy than William’), she says all the right things, and more often prefers to be called Catherine. But where is the passion? Maybe this is a defence against appearing like Diana, Princess of Wales, who put The Firm’s backs up by being over-emotional, volatile, vulnerable and skittishly complex. But God, she was loved for it.

by Anonymousreply 74May 26, 2020 9:35 PM

Publicly, Kate may not inspire Lady Di levels of adoration, but she certainly has a following: a big one. And as time has gone on, the other royals have developed great respect for her because she’s doing the job so well. ‘She doesn’t create press headaches or court scandal, which, given everything else that is going on, is an almighty relief,’ says a courtier.

Her loyalty has been noted and duly rewarded. In 2018, the Queen bestowed on her granddaughter-in-law the Royal Family Order. One of the highest orders that the monarch can bestow upon a female member of the Royal Family, this is undoubtedly well deserved.

Not everyone is pro Kate. It’s no secret that the royal sisters-in-law never got on. ‘I don’t think that she ever pulled Meghan under her wing and said, “I’ll show you the ropes,”’ says a friend. ‘Catherine and William were very circumspect from the beginning about Meghan, which hurt and incensed Harry. William rightly cautioned Harry to slow the relationship down. That’s why they all fell out. As the rift got deeper between the brothers, Kate, who used to be so close to Harry, tried to pacify things. But her loyalty will always be to William.’

‘Then there was an incident at the wedding rehearsal,’ another friend of the Cambridges’ claims. ‘It was a hot day and apparently there was a row over whether the bridesmaids should wear tights or not. Kate, following protocol, felt that they should. Meghan didn’t want them to.’ The photographs suggest that Meghan won. Kate, who has impeccable manners, sought the opportunity to put Meghan in her place, reprimanding her for speaking imperiously to her Kensington Palace staff. ‘In the palace, you hear numerous stories of the staff saying so-and-so is a nightmare and behaves badly but you never hear that about Kate,’ says a royal insider. Another courtier says: ‘Kate keeps her staff whereas Meghan doesn’t. Doesn’t that say everything?’

Kate’s loyalty extends to a coterie of friends that is incredibly small, tight-knit and long-standing. Yet you never see her out lunching with girlfriends, as we did Diana, papped giggling on the steps of San Lorenzo. Her group, on the face of it, appears more staid – or cautious.

by Anonymousreply 75May 26, 2020 9:36 PM

‘Kate is one of us in the sense that all her friends are Sloanes and aristocrats,’ says one of her group. ‘She’s very much decided that that’s her tribe, even though she wasn’t actually born into that background.’ Commendably, she’s kept her girlfriends from Marlborough, including Emilia Jardine Patterson and Trini Foyle, as well as blending with William’s friends such as Lady Laura Meade and her husband, James Meade, and Thomas van Straubenzee and his wife, Lucy Lanigan O’Keeffe, who teaches at Thomas’s Battersea, where Charlotte and George go to school.

Then there’s her ‘Turnip Toff’ crowd, the Norfolk Sloanes, including Sophie Carter and Robert Snuggs, who live near Anmer Hall. And the Cambridges’ glamorous Houghton Hall neighbours, Rose Hanbury and her husband, the Marquess of Cholmondeley – with whom there was an alleged falling-out last year, over Rose’s apparent closeness to William. The whole of Norfolk was agog and the story spilled over into the newspapers. No party has commented publicly on the matter.

Outwardly, it seems that with years of scrutinising public pressure Kate has become perilously thin, just like – some point out – Princess Diana. One could argue that Kate is naturally slim and indeed, like Pippa, a vigorous exerciser. Or perhaps her size is down to the stress of being a multitasking mother of three – one countenancing the additional worries of defending a Royal Family seemingly under siege. ‘William is absolutely incandescent about Megxit,’ a courtier confides. ‘Every time the Sussexes issue a statement, it hits everyone like a fresh bombshell. The Cambridges are left reeling like everyone else. Everyone is terribly worried about how this is affecting the Queen.’

by Anonymousreply 76May 26, 2020 9:36 PM

Then there’s the matter of the Sussexes’ awful timing. As the Queen gave a historic speech urging the public to adhere to the government’s pleas for self-isolation – and on the day the prime minister was taken to hospital gravely ill from the coronavirus – Harry and Meghan chose to announce a new charity endeavour, Archewell, from their haven in LA.

‘Meghan and Harry have been so selfish,’ says a friend of the Cambridges. ‘William and Catherine really wanted to be hands-on parents and the Sussexes have effectively thrown their three children under a bus. There goes their morning school runs as the responsibilities on them now are enormous.’ More’s the pity. For it is Kate’s presentation as an everywoman that has endeared her to the public lately. There she was, catching the £73 Flybe flight to Scotland; expertly making roulade alongside Mary Berry on TV last Christmas; popping into the pub with her fellow school mums in Chelsea; and, during a visit to a children’s centre in Cardiff, talking about feeling lonely as a new mother.

There she was too at the school gates. One mother at Thomas’s says: ‘Kate has grown in my esteem because she is genuinely involved with the school. She does the drop-off herself, comes to coffee mornings and even queues to get her own coffee after drop-off, like the other mothers.’ Which, of course, she is, and she isn’t.

Perhaps Mantel had it right about Kate – up to a point. The aura of blandness is practised. In her future role as queen consort, her enigmatic containment will enhance her sovereignty. She is a royal ballast, William’s most trusted adviser, and someone who puts duty above all else. Endearingly, following the spirit of Diana, both William and Kate consult psychics. A medium who went to Kensington Palace to ‘channel’ for them found William to be ‘open-hearted and lovely’. Kate, while scrupulously polite, was more ‘shut-down’. Maybe she was merely going through the motions to appease her husband?

Whatever the truth, as the woman behind the man who will reign from what Winston Churchill called ‘the greatest throne in history’, Kate has emerged as the ultimate power player. Underestimate Queen Catherine at your peril.

by Anonymousreply 77May 26, 2020 9:37 PM

End of article.

by Anonymousreply 78May 26, 2020 9:37 PM

Psychics!

by Anonymousreply 79May 26, 2020 9:40 PM

I don’t fully get where this article is going - can one of our aristo kweens weigh in?

by Anonymousreply 80May 26, 2020 9:43 PM

tl;dr

by Anonymousreply 81May 26, 2020 9:52 PM

Do Tatler articles always read like satire? Everyone comes off as awful and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 82May 26, 2020 10:22 PM

^Except for Michael Middleton. He must be lovely.

by Anonymousreply 83May 26, 2020 10:29 PM

WTF? Psychics! This is actually the most surprising thing about the article. Talk about burying the lede. Did DL miss it entirely or was it just me? The last person I'd expect to consult a psychic. Charles and Harry, yes. William seems to levelheaded.

[Quote]Kate took on 11 royal engagements in a month – three in the space of 24 hours. It was a gruelling attempt to buffer the barrage of bad news destabilising the House of Windsor

Er. Um. Eh. That's two a week, excluding the threefer. This doesn't bolster whatever case the author is trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 84May 26, 2020 10:56 PM

Who is being shaded the most?

Is this aristo payback for something?

by Anonymousreply 85May 26, 2020 11:08 PM

A Kensington Palace spokesperson dismissed the claims as 'containing a swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations'.

by Anonymousreply 86May 26, 2020 11:11 PM

They don’t like Ma Middleton’s karate chopped pillows!

by Anonymousreply 87May 26, 2020 11:12 PM

Whatever her British accent she has adopted, it's so affected, I can't really understand what she's saying half the time. She needs Henry Higgins.

by Anonymousreply 88May 26, 2020 11:15 PM

Zzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2020 11:16 PM

I love Kate. And William too for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2020 11:22 PM

I hate to break it to you boys but when we start losing weight or getting too thin, straight men blame....you guessed it...the gays who they think want women super thin so they have no breasts or hips.

It is in vain to point out to even the most aware heterosexual male mind that a) clothes today are mostly made in countries where women have much tinier frames; b) women are desperate to fit into the fast fashion they can afford (made in China); and, b) gay men don't give a hoot about pir breasts or hips because they are gay....

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2020 11:24 PM

R3 - c'mon Laverne and Shirley were at least likeable and had real jobs, they don't deserve that.

by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2020 11:26 PM

That link doesn't work bitch. It only shows them clapping for NHS workers.

That being said, her words were probably way twisted because she would never randomly gossip.

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2020 11:27 PM

R11 - I think the look could be from the three pregnancies where she had that condition that she was hospitalized. As a nurse I have seen women my age who went through it and the loss of skin elasticity and nutrients and mineral as well as the dehydration wreaks havoc.

These days it's pretty easy to correct with a non-surgical facelift. I know two plastic surgeons who can make it look very natural with no botoxy or startled look...a few injections placed at the right side of the face near the ear and in the sheath of muscle by the hairline. Kate seems not to care too much though.

by Anonymousreply 94May 26, 2020 11:33 PM

Is r91 satire?

by Anonymousreply 95May 26, 2020 11:37 PM

Candles! Fluffed pillows!

So arriviste.

by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2020 11:37 PM

Tatler cover and cunty article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 26, 2020 11:38 PM

R95 - it is not.

by Anonymousreply 98May 26, 2020 11:40 PM

So Buckinghamshire. Those candles LIT, gurleena!

by Anonymousreply 99May 26, 2020 11:40 PM

There’s a pit pony joke in here somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 100May 26, 2020 11:46 PM

Thank you for posting, R71.

Apparently Meghan got her way with the tights. Wonder how that will work out.

by Anonymousreply 101May 26, 2020 11:59 PM

What a stunningly stupid article, apparently written by someone who thinks it's still 2006.

by Anonymousreply 102May 27, 2020 12:12 AM

Last week the Tatler published some Megstan hagiography for the Harkles' 2-year wedding anniversary, so I guess we can safely say that the Tatler has taken its side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 27, 2020 12:16 AM

[quote] so between Kate, Pippa and Carole there is an unspoken bond."

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

I see "one of the circle" is not grammatical.

by Anonymousreply 104May 27, 2020 2:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 27, 2020 3:19 AM

Lord, Meghan is unattractive. That face! *shudders*

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2020 4:30 AM

Harry and Meghan are fortunate. There’s a period of adjustment but they will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2020 10:55 AM

I am unsure what there is to argue with in that article. Apart from William consulting psychics, it seems plausible.

But I did wonder if saying poor Kate is overwhelmed by the added workload and furious at the Sussexes for leaving and creating it, it is an insurance policy for them to return under the guise of rescuing the Cambs and the BRF.

To that, I would have to say, not a chance. The public might accept Harry back if suitably contrite, but never MM.

by Anonymousreply 108May 27, 2020 2:35 PM

Harry is free from all of those backbiting palace staffers. In his own home he has to deal with all of that treachery.

by Anonymousreply 109May 27, 2020 3:59 PM

R109 your last sentence is correct. Read it again.

by Anonymousreply 110May 27, 2020 4:00 PM

No r110 at the palace.

Can’t help but notice how ugly Kate’s hands are. Like a...a...laborer.

by Anonymousreply 111May 27, 2020 4:12 PM

Kate does have man-like hands and unattractive feet.

by Anonymousreply 112May 27, 2020 4:13 PM

At least her face doesn’t look like spotted dick. Which you cannot say of sMeg.

by Anonymousreply 113May 27, 2020 5:46 PM

But Kate is no better than Meghan. She just knows whose ass to kiss. She probably sucked Charles’ dick.

by Anonymousreply 114May 27, 2020 8:51 PM

OP, I hope Kate really does talk that way at dinner at Windsor with William's grandparents.

"I am so fucking SICK of those FUCKING BITCHES who FUCKED US and OUR FUCKING CHILDREN over! FUCK!!!"

by Anonymousreply 115May 27, 2020 8:55 PM

R114 there isn’t much to suck ducky! Get me another G&T and sod off!

by Anonymousreply 116May 27, 2020 8:56 PM

God, so much rehash in this story. Do we really need a repeat of Uncle Gary’s scandal and Carole Middleton’s background? Seems like there were plans for some additional content that didn’t come to fruition. Maybe a source that clammed up? Something that didn’t make it past Tatler’s legal team?

by Anonymousreply 117May 27, 2020 11:45 PM

Jessica Mulrooney's sister in law worked for Tatler. Interesting coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 118May 28, 2020 8:38 AM

How do the British justify that bullshit family?

by Anonymousreply 119May 28, 2020 9:17 AM

One of the things I've really noticed about the Megstans, aside from their screaming racism at every small criticism of Meghan, their determination to shut down any critical threads on here of the Sussexes, and their determination to insult the BRF and especially Kate at every opportunity, making threats to other users for nothing at all, but also how foul and degraded their imaginations are, r114 being a prime example.

On previous threads there was a Megstan that used to come in at the very top of the thread and post fisting videos "portraying Kate". Back then I thought they were trying to get the thread shut down. But now I think that fisting videos to portray Kate (on non-porn threads) is just how all Megstans roll. They're a really disturbed group of people.

by Anonymousreply 120May 28, 2020 9:34 AM

I like her. When they first got married I wasn’t impressed, she seemed dull and lifeless, had little style, and seemed lazy. Meghan came along it seemed Kate would need to up her game, but it turns out that what Kate had all along just needed some polish and confidence. Once Meghan revealed her True Self, it was time for Kate to shine and she really has. She seems the epitome of everything one would want in a royal wife. She’ll be a great queen consort.

Well done, Kate!

by Anonymousreply 121May 28, 2020 12:06 PM

Childish r120? I will have you know that it takes a lot of maturity to be able to bring an impotent old coot like Prince Charles to orgasm....when he comes, he FARTS.

by Anonymousreply 122May 28, 2020 3:35 PM

[quote]Jessica Mulrooney's sister in law worked for Tatler. Interesting coincidence?

It's one big gossip-chain with Jessica Mulroney's fey husband hosting a Canadian celebrity gossip show with Lainey as his wing-man no less!

by Anonymousreply 123May 28, 2020 4:19 PM

Amazing how this virus brings the least likely candidates on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 124May 28, 2020 6:42 PM

Do you refer to yourself, r124?

Because everyone else seems to be fine.

by Anonymousreply 125May 28, 2020 7:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!