Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends...historical charm in the old 6th ward

Too much gingerbread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 9:32 AM

The inside is lovely. But, yes, a bit too much gingerbread.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 1:53 PM

Why open up the kitchen in a Victorian house and try to make it look like what’s currently being built.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 1:55 PM

HATE the cook top on that island in the middle with no hood and fan. Gross. But otherwise it's pretty. Loooove that wrap around porch.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 2:08 PM

800K seems pricey for Houston. And, can those really be the setback requirements? I would not want to live next to whatever that blue thing is.

I wonder what it costs to cool that during August? I guess if you've got 800K to blow on a 100 year old home, paying an additional 1K / month to cool it is just peanuts.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 2:13 PM

The only room I like in that house is this one: 👇🏽

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 2:30 PM

I like it, but wish there wasn’t so much blue in the kitchen. Blue is so unappetizing. A nice grey green would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 2:31 PM

I like it! It could definitely be toned down a bit, but I do like it overall.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 2:32 PM

It's better than the one in the Chronicle the other day that was $2 million. I can't imagine spending that much money to live in the Heights. It's a cool neighborhood but... not that cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 2:33 PM

Definitely overpriced. The best thing about Houston is it is cheap. That is not. I also don’t like those old ghetto streets where the road merges with the sidewalk - seems like it’s destined to flood.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 3:21 PM

R5, I think that is the upstairs of the carriage house.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 5:27 PM

Nice house, and by and large some smart decisions made inside to make the the long, skinny box of a main floor bright and with a nice transparency, though I would have finessed the transition between kitchen and dining room a little less roughly and a little more divisible (with glass.) The price surprises me, but I know nothing of Texas prices.

A few small mistakes are easily undone: the row of space ship ceiling lamps in the room under the gables, for instance, but nice spaces and details.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 9:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!