Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends - Cape Dutch "Historical Lifestyle Farm in Paarl" Seth Africa

$1,248,815 USD

[quote] Inviting offers from: ZAR 18 000 000. A property with the ultimate location - surrounded by large top Wine Estates. Breathtaking views on Simonsberg and Table mountain. Open rural fields fascinate by renewing itself visually during the run of day. 1769 Cape Dutch H-shaped Manor house, Jonkheers house, old stables and barns. Two renovated guest cottages as well as two footprints at the farm entrance. Newly approved plans for a hospitality development. Development plans existfor a restaurant and distillery. The 15 hectares of irrigated pastures for horses and cattle represent the main agricultural activity - also leaving it open to the imagination/planning of new owners to mould their own farming industry on the open fields. There are 8 hectares of water rights, 2 storage dams and the borehole for domestic water. Irrigation infra-structure covers 12 hectares. The old oak trees, stunning swimming pool and historical buildings against the backdrop of Paarl Mountain...just picturesque!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2020 9:54 PM

Its lovely but South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 11:05 PM

It looks lovely. Stunning landscape.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 11:10 PM

That property is going to be overrun and torched within 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 11:11 PM

It's an ugly old home. Not even sure how to fix it since I'm against the layout.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 11:26 PM

Is this estate near Cape Town?

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 12:00 AM

R5, about 35 miles from Cape Town.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 12:08 AM

Pretty unimpressive inside and out. A lot of estates and wineries in the area--looks like this is too small to be productive, more like a small hobby farm.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 12:10 AM

The scenery seems kindof ho-hum. Nothing dramatic. Pleasant but not memorable.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 12:11 AM

Pretty house and all but who the fuck wants to live in Seth Efrica?

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 1:15 AM

I like the house. The scenery is just beautiful and the pictures were shot in winter.

Can you imagine how much a security detail for the place would cost?

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 2:33 AM

The climate must be similar to California and the Mediterranean, no?

Cape Town, itself, certainly looks beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 2:54 AM

[quote] The climate must be similar to California and the Mediterranean, no?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 2:57 AM

Ek praat nie Afrikaans nie

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 2:59 AM

I have no idea of the location or safeness but absolutely love it. It would be perfect in Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 3:02 AM

All you need to know about current life in South Africa in one video! (University of Capetown). 35 miles away from this! Their grasp of science is similar to that of the evangelicals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 4:15 AM

I prefer something in town, if the town would be Stellenbosch.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 4:29 AM

[quote] I have no idea of the location or safeness but absolutely love it.

Paarl is in the Winelands, which is equivalent to South Africa's Napa Valley. It's relatively safe.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 4:34 AM

I would love to visit South Africa, particularly Cape Town. The flight over would be quite a long haul, I imagine though.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 4:49 AM

Other than the pool, it looks like a rather monastic lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 5:53 AM

[quote] Can you imagine how much a security detail for the place would cost?

Why would a security detail be needed? It’s in the countryside.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 6:39 AM

[quote] Pretty house and all but who the fuck wants to live in Seth Efrica?

Seth Efrica. Tehe.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 3:39 PM

R20 believe me... its needed. Country or city.

I wouldnt live in SA if you paid me, and well. Frighteningly dangerous and corrupt, and getting worse. I know people who live there. Their focus and obsession in life is to leave.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 6:40 PM

OMG, all that land.

When I finally sell my little shithole I'm positive I'll get more money for it than that.

These Tasteful Friends posts blow my mind.

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2020 9:07 PM

R23, why do they blow your mind? Is your "little shithole" actually in the slums of Cupertino?

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 1:40 AM

For that price I could purchase 3/4 of South Sudan.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 1:44 AM

r25 = Darfur Orphan

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 1:48 AM

I like the interior with the exception of the kitchen. But I think exterior is rather ugly. The grounds or the pool which are quite nice. But this house would be easy to pass up.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 1:51 AM

The Western Cape is so gorgeous it takes your breath away - it’s like a dreamscape version of all the best parts of California and once you get the long-haul flight from North America done, you can have a spectacular five-star tourist experience in and around Cape Town for probably less than half of what you would pay for a “nice enough” stay somewhere in Europe. The tourism industry there works very hard to ensure that you don’t feel the sense of menace and chaos that South Africans spend their lives navigating around - but you quickly realize safety is the thing they are all thinking about all the time. I would go back to visit again in a heartbeat though.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 3:07 PM

R24, yes, I'm in what I suppose is the cheap part of Cupertino. It's biking distance to Apple. That and the excellent schools keep the property values up. My house was built in the 1950's and the houses were not made to last, apparently. They're getting knocked down and hideous McMansions are replacing them. I've owned the house for almost 20 years and I couldn't rent an apartment for what my mortgage is now. At the time my mortgage was more than half my take-home pay and I had a child on my own.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2020 3:07 AM

South Africa is gorgeous, but if I had that kind of money, I’d be using it to get out. South Africa is not on a good trajectory. Especially if you are rich and white.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2020 3:19 AM

Rich white people, the world’s most persecuted class . . . White South Africans own at least 70% of that country, as opposed to the 80% they owned when apartheid fell. So tragic.

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2020 3:25 AM

They fail to add your budget for the yearly security you need round the clock.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2020 3:28 AM

It's sad how South African governance has gone done so much after Mandela. You look at at neighboring Botswana doing a good job, you wish South Africa could be on a better path.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2020 3:40 AM

R30 thats probably exactly what the vendor is thinking, just like 95% of middle and upper class South Africans of all colours Get whatever they can for the property and GTFO

R31 whats the use of owning anything without safety? That percentage is dropping fast as they flee. I know a young white guy that lives there, not rich though, he goes to a school with 1500 kids, not one that he knows of isnt planning to GTFO ASAP

R33 , it is sad. It could have gone the way of Botswana or Namibia. But now its rife with corruption and worse

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2020 3:59 AM

Seth Efrica!

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2020 9:35 PM

Lovely, but I'd sell, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2020 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!