Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump, the Most Unmanly President

So many mysteries surround Donald Trump: the contents of his tax returns, the apparent miracle of his graduation from college. Some of them are merely curiosities; others are of national importance, such as whether he understood the nuclear-weapons briefing given to every president. I prefer not to dwell on this question.

But since his first day as a presidential candidate, I have been baffled by one mystery in particular: Why do working-class white men—the most reliable component of Donald Trump’s base—support someone who is, by their own standards, the least masculine man ever to hold the modern presidency? The question is not whether Trump fails to meet some archaic or idealized version of masculinity. The president’s inability to measure up to Marcus Aurelius or Omar Bradley is not the issue. Rather, the question is why so many of Trump’s working-class white male voters refuse to hold Trump to their own standards of masculinity—why they support a man who behaves more like a little boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2020 5:28 PM

Trump is a fag and Roy Cohn used to suck his cock. Trump was just too fearful of AIDS to come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 2:22 PM

He's so sassy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 2:26 PM

He's from New York, he's metrosexual.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 2:26 PM

To impress a deplorable male it is not necessary to be straight, only to speak of women with disdain and disgust.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 2:31 PM

Because the Trumptards see themselves in Trump - he reminds them of them. Or as a potential voter said in an interview / article in the Chicago Tribune some four years ago, when he was still merely Candidate Trump:

"Finally! Somebody who thinks the way I do."

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 2:34 PM

I know deplorables just want some guy who's gonna shit on all the people they hate, but even Trump's voice is high and weak, his insults are childish, his understanding of even simple concepts is vague and embarrassing.

It seems like the same deplorable types back during the W years were occasionally making fun of him for being a wiener, so it's odd that they don't do the same with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 2:34 PM

We need to push the “possibility” that Roy Cohn, who died of AIDS, and Trump were lovers. Just the suspicion of being homosexual will turn some Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 2:35 PM

Most people are working class.

Most people are dumb.

Most working class people are therefore dumb.

Trump is dumb.

Most working class people therefore relate to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 2:36 PM

Exactly R5! I was writing your answer! Because his followers are almost exactly like him! Not too smart, ignorant, and out of shape. That he became president is like one of them becoming president.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 2:36 PM

I don't know why I mentioned that most people are working class.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 2:37 PM

I disagree with R1, Roy Cohn was too too closeted to try to seduce a potentially powerful figure. I believe DT knew about Cohn's sexuality but it was never discussed. From Cohn, DT learned to always be aggressive and to never back down or apologize.

I do believe the reason for such an unmanly president being adored by people who don't like unmanliness is a mix of the responses posted by R4, R5, R6. DT's approach is bluster, verbal attacks, insults / threats / targeting people and groups DT's base doesn't like. He doesn't think about being manly because he's always on attack mode. If one attacks, verbally assaults, derides, mocks, attacks and insults the focus is never on the attacker or is lack of manliness. (This is strategy DT learned from Roy Cohn).

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 2:46 PM

The biggest mystery is why any woman would ever vote for him, but he seems to incite rabid devotion among many of them. Why??????

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 2:48 PM

Jesus boys Masculinity doesn't matter if there is the appearance of having money, to women or the country club bros.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 2:53 PM

" Why do working-class white men—?"

Maybe the WHITE part OP?

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 2:53 PM

Trump being lauded as "manly" and "alpha" is one of the most laughable aspects of this entire shitshow. We've even seen that opinion expressed here.

That, and the lie that he's ever read the Bible, or regularly attended church.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 2:55 PM

Because they’re racist, OP

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 2:57 PM

Or taken Hydroxy, r15.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 3:00 PM

Great article, OP. Seems, sadly, that most of the people commenting couldn’t bother reading it and, yet, mysteriously, idiotically, felt their input on the subject was of interest to anyone, at all.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 3:03 PM

Kind of a homophobic article.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2020 3:08 PM

It's bluster, it's ego. It's the identification of enemies he can rally his supporters against. It's giving a voice to people angry because they must share privileges and rights with groups that they consider beneath them.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 3:15 PM

As has been noted on here many times, if Deplorablestan had an official motto it would be "You Think You're Better Than Me? Well Fuck You!"

That is the appeal of Trump.

The good news: To that cohort, few people though thought they were better than them as much as Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Joe Biden does not even remotely check that box.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 3:20 PM

Never heard of, or seen, a more prissy, makeup ladened, thin-skinned, vain, narcissistic, criminal-minded, deceitful, destructive, and incompent U.S. President than DJT.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2020 3:38 PM

R21, good summary. And you're right, Biden doesn't check that box. He just needs to be careful of Hollywood "supporters" who give off that vibe.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote] It seems like the same deplorable types back during the W years were occasionally making fun of him for being a wiener, so it's odd that they don't do the same with Trump.

Just wait. In a few, short years, these idiots are going to act like they never supported this buffoon in the first place -- just like they did with W.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2020 3:45 PM

R24 yeah and they’ll do it because they’ve moved on to someone worse, Satan Incarnate... someone FULL Hitler.

There is no backtracking with the Republicans, no going back to Bob Dole or Mitt Romney. It’s pedal to the metal: full-on Dictators now. The next one will make Trump look like Herbert Hoover.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 5:06 PM

He's mean and stupid so mean and stupid people like him

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 5:52 PM

So, a "fag" can't be a masculine man? Sounds awfully homophobic, R1.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2020 6:13 PM

How was this article homophobic? Did you even read the whole article?

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2020 6:49 PM

[quote] yeah and they’ll do it because they’ve moved on to someone worse, Satan Incarnate...

Well, the Repigs have shown that there is no rock bottom with them. They just continue to get worse and worse. They well and truly took their masks off with the Trump election, but I have a feeling that a lot of them are going to regret it -- especially the younger ones associated with this disastrous administration. They're headed towards years of [italic]persona non grata.[/italic] History will not treat them kindly.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 7:37 PM

Any gay rumors concerning this piece of shit?

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2020 7:41 PM

R30, please no. The straights can keep him firmly in their camp.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2020 7:43 PM

Their belief in white supremacy is often the last thing these white-trash gutter rats can cling to; this fact alone overrides everything else. Because Trump is:

1) OBESE

2) PATENTLY UNATTRACTIVE

3) BARBARIC AND RUDE

4) AGGRESSIVELY IGNORANT/STUPID

5) RACIST

6) MISOGYNIST

7) OUTLAW/CRIMINAL

8) CHEAP CELEBRITY

9) TABLOID MATERIAL

10) BOUGHT OFF A MODEL

... He is what all of these terminal simpletons either identify with or aspire to be.

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2020 7:50 PM

Horny men are here for you - www.lovegay.fun

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2020 7:50 PM

What are we to make of his smaller than average hands? Are they feminine hands?

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2020 7:55 PM

It's not about being unmanly, he fucking acts like a goddamned enabled baby. That's why he likes fucking girls, because he has baby dick to go with baby hands...oh dear God, I hate this fucker and just want it to go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2020 7:57 PM

Trump has the face and round, soft body of an elderly, butch German lesbian. Except they have more testosterone and better tans!

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2020 7:58 PM

I saw this trending on Twitter today and wonder what it was about.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2020 8:11 PM

He’s not considered masculine at all by European working class men. They all make fun of his mannerisms and can see he’s a confidence scammer from a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2020 8:18 PM

I read the piece.

There's a disconnect though--the author is talking about his father's generation, WW2 vets, all of whom sadly are mostly dead by now (if you were 18 in 1945, you would be 93 in 2020.)

The Boomer men who love Trump are nothing like that, they are the spoiled Peter Pans who wish their lives had turned out differently and see in Trump the man-without-responsibility they wish they could be.

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2020 8:21 PM

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner at r32.

One day, during the campaign of 2016 while watching Trump brag, bluster and threaten someone from the safe remove of a podium and Secret Service protection, I recognized something in him that took me a few moments to identify and then suddenly, I put my finger on it: That's it! He's That Guy!

For 8 years I was a bartender in a bar located on an Indian Reservation.

There, I saw actual, real tough guys. I saw big-mouthed bully cowards. I saw grace, tawdriness, pain, joy, kindness, plain old mean behavior and thoughtfulness. I heard wit, banality, vulgarities and poetry.

Most of all, as a bartender, I developed a skilled eye and good judgement of character.

Without exception, the truly tough guys were nice, friendly and yes, kind. They wanted to avoid a fistfight. They stuck-up for the little guys who were minding their own business and were being called out by some coward who knew they could take the little guy.

But once the big-mouthed, ignorant, pseudo- tough guy ignored their friend who was trying to tell him he was picking a fight with the wrong guy, persisted asking for it, and threw a punch, only then did the truly tough guy drop him with a quick left hook and right cross.

A barfight waged by a skilled combatant is a breathtaking, impressive spectacle.

I was drunk a Taco Bell one night with one of the nice, kind, truly tough guys ( Ok he was former boyfriend) in Green Bay. 3 guys picked a fight with us. My boyfriend, alone, beat two of their asses and the 3rd guy begged off and picked up his friends from the ground, their noses bleeding.

I know the truly tough from the weak and cowardly.

Getting back to Trump and watching him on TV in 2016- he's they guy who blusters, threatens and then gets his ass handed to him. That's what I recognized about Trump.

Trump is the stupid person's "tough guy".

by Anonymousreply 40May 25, 2020 8:27 PM

Social media has really given those faux tough guys a platform and false bravado.

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2020 9:25 PM

Wow, Della. I dearly love the tone and message of your post. Thank you. Mesmerizingly true of so many cowardly blowhards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2020 12:16 AM

You're Welcome, r42.

A Peaceful Memorial Day Evening to You and Everybody.

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2020 12:32 AM

I thought him ranting and raving at a rally years ago about how he couldn't get his brand of Aquanet hairspray anymore (because it destroyed the ozone layer) was an admission of being a dandy.

My grandmother loved that stuff in the 70s and 80s.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2020 12:37 AM

R42, what a pussy Trump is in that video! I bet he soiled his diaper.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2020 12:38 AM

White males are fucking obese.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2020 12:41 AM

It would be a shame if “the most unmanly president” began trending on Twitter.

A shame, I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2020 12:42 AM

R32

Don't forget the point about how he loves Daytime TV.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2020 12:45 AM

[quote]Social media has really given those faux tough guys a platform and false bravado.

Exactly this. It’s both disgusting and sad.

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2020 1:18 AM

Trump is a fat tub of shit.

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2020 6:07 AM

[QUOTE] Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

I can’t imagine what would compel anyone to ever utter/type this revolting phrase, much less a frau trespassing on a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2020 11:29 AM

Well, you don't have "imagine" this Dmitri at r51-

I've been "trespassing" here for almost 20 years and I've noticed that Mediapolis hasn't, before accepting my subscription fee, asked me what is my sexuality. They've taken my money, and, in return, granted me license to post. When they refuse my credit card, I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, take it up with Mediapolis if you don't like that.

And, oh, by the way, not that I owe you an accounting, but you'll be surprised to know that after re-reading "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner?" at my post at r40, I agree with you. I regret that sentence.

C/ya, Dmitri

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2020 12:11 PM

What's going on in that video?

I wish the SS would just turn their heads away one day. Who would risk their life for that turd?

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2020 12:36 PM

Bragging about crashing a party you were specifically not invited to is quintessential frau. Congratulations, Della, do you want a Trespassing medal? A badge that identifies you as a colonizer of gay spaces?

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2020 12:36 PM

"Social media has really given those faux tough guys a platform and false bravado."

Take away their guns and they automatically become the pathetic, whiny ass bitches they really are, just like their idol Trump.

Any man who spends a couple of hours in the morning putting on his orange face and doing his clown hair is not manly.

by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2020 12:39 PM

R5 funny thing is he doesn’t think the way “they” do he just repeats what “they” are saying and passes it off as is own. It’s a cycle of stupid thought, Trump supporter>Trump>Trump supporter>Trump etc.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2020 12:46 PM

[quote]The biggest mystery is why any woman would ever vote for him, but he seems to incite rabid devotion among many of them. Why??????

Because the more obese and ignorant these women are the more they hang on to the dream that one day their prince charming will r̶e̶s̶c̶u̶e grab them by the pussy.

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2020 1:11 PM

Caked-on orange makeup and wearing whatever that thing is on his head, is not my idea of macho.

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2020 1:36 PM

........he be anus-mouthed nasty.

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2020 1:43 PM

Don't f*ck with Della, R51. She certainly doesn't need ME to defend her, but she's a smart, witty and wise mainstay here, and a good soul to boot.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2020 2:09 PM

R40 Your post reminded me of this meme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2020 2:28 PM

R40, liked the post, Della.

R62, meme is fundamentally true.

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2020 2:36 PM

^ r61

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2020 2:38 PM

Smooooches, GoldStarEldergay at r60. Thanks, r62.

Me, Me, Me: Just one more thing: Since I arrived here in 2002 or 2003, I've self-segregated to the DL lanes of politics, current events and celebrity gossip, when that shows up.

Anyway, back to Trump and his cowardice. "Going down swinging" is a valorous act. One that requires comprehending that losing is for sure, however, honor dictates you give your all to the end, both for yourself and those in your corner.

I'm convinced, therefore, that given Trump has no honor, has no loyalty, has no integrity, if he concludes he'll lose bigly to Biden, he'll take his chances with a NY State prosecution and withdraw from the election rather than be branded LOSER.

If he withdraws, he'll emit nonsense like, "I've accomplished more in four years than any other US President has in eight, including FDR's twelve, therefore, in four years I've done beautiful, the best, my performance was perfect, not to be surpassed, even by me."

"I, therefore, don't need to run again."

Can't you just hear him say twaddle like that?

by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2020 5:32 PM

[quote]Can't you just hear him say twaddle like that?

Not if I can help it.

by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2020 5:36 PM

[quote] Not if I can help it.

Lol, r65 and I big sloppy cyber smooooch to 'ya.

by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2020 5:40 PM

I think it’s funny that GHW Bush was a combat veteran of WWII who got shot down once, and the deplorables thought he was an effete wimp. Whereas they worshiped Trump, Hollywood actor Ronald Reagan, and former cheerleader, draft dodger, and fake rancher who is scared of horses GW Bush. As others have pointed out, they worship fake masculinity because that’s the type of masculinity most deplorables possess themselves.

by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2020 5:57 PM

^ They also claim to be Christians but hate Jimmy Carter, a devout Christian who has been married to the same woman for decades

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2020 6:17 PM

Carter is hard for them to look at, R68, because unlike them he walks the walk instead of just talking the talk. So they denigrate and dismiss him. Hypocrites!

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2020 9:28 PM

#JusticeForCarolyn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2020 1:24 AM

Twitter's Jack Dorsey is spinless when it comes to DJT; or it's about the money. Twitter has booted many before for less heinous behavior.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2020 1:42 AM

^spineless (sp.)

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2020 1:45 AM

Hope you're right R29

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2020 10:47 AM

Umh, this for that; Roy Cohn & DJT.

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2020 6:50 PM

DJT let Cohn eat his asshole once.

by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2020 11:45 PM

I can’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2020 5:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!