Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best app for serious friendship and/or companionship?

Can anyone suggest what the best app or website out there is to find good friends sharing similar backgrounds and interests? I’m in my mid 40s and NOT looking for sex or any kind of physical contact. Thanks in advance 🙏

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 4:05 AM

Meet Up?

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 2:43 AM

The friendship you seek is not to be found on an app. Stop thinking about your needs and think about the acquaintances in your life and what their needs. Then they will like you and want to be friends with you.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 2:47 AM

R2 is obviously an idiot

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 3:06 AM

I don't think meeting people on an app is a good idea unless you have A LOT of free time and a high bullshit detector.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 3:31 AM

You find one you let me know. I finally given up on the apps. Crazy people in this world.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 3:35 AM

Friendship can be found on any social networking app. You just have to ask the right questions and be persistent. Make them want to be your friend. Search for people who have "friendship only" in their profiles. If you don't want to use hookup apps, Google tells me "Yubo" and "Patook" are somewhat popular for platonics. It sounds simple, but start using Twitter too. Write about your interests and follow people who interest you, and like-minded people will follow you back. And of course, you will always have your besties here at the DataLounge! *hugs*

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 3:45 AM

Either a bar or AA.

Two opposite ends of the spectrum where both ends have the same desire. A drinking buddy. A sobriety buddy. A soul mate. A wound mate.

If you don't have a hobby where you can share a "common interest" with someone, then the above is your best strategy.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 4:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!