Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How common is it to get HIV from giving oral sex?

Is it low risk if he doesn't cum in your mouth? Have you known someone who got it this way?

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 4:51 AM

Very rare, especially if he didn't cum in your mouth. It's also much more rare for tops to get it unless they were fucking a bleeding hole or something.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 2:48 AM

You aren't going to get HIV from oral sex you Mary. Other STIs you might get, but the risk of HIV being transferred that way is practically zero.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 2:56 AM

That's how I got it! Totally unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 2:59 AM

The last time I asked these same questions, OP, was a couple of years ago ,after going down on a stranger. My doctor suggested that I get a full panel of STI tests, and it was a relief when all the results came back negative.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 3:00 AM

It can be hard to prove that something never, ever happens, but in a study recording 19000 oral sex encounters, where one partner was HIV-positive and the other partner wasn't, not a single case of HIV transmission occurred.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 3:05 AM

I'd imagine if the guy precums a lot and you have bleeding gums there'd be some risk.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 3:08 AM

Wear a condom, or have him wear one. Slather with chocolate syrup or something.

Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 3:10 AM

Jesus christ, op!!! there is google for this kind of shit!!!! There is one rule to abide by: DON'T FLOSS BEFORE GIVING HEAD!!!! If you have open cuts in your gums THEN YOU'RE GOING TO GET HIV AND A MYRIAD OF OTHER STDs VIA YOUR OPEN WOUNDS IN YOUR MOUTH!!!

You're a whore and we all know it. Call me!

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 3:18 AM

I think nowadays most HOMOS including ,me are FAR MORE fearful of getting the Covid 19 than becoming HIV +

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 3:52 AM

R1 Tops rarely get HIV?? That's blatantly false. The huge spread of AIDS in Africa was through hetero sex with men (tops) being infected and spreading it to their female partners.(bottoms).

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 3:52 AM

1 in 2

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 4:04 AM

Straight from the CDC

[Quote]There is little to no risk of getting or transmitting HIV from oral sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 4:09 AM

My doctor, who is gay, says there’s no risk.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 4:11 AM

Very common.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 4:12 AM

R10 bet those tops were vers..

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 4:12 AM

Extremely common.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 4:13 AM

Practically impossible. I believe there is one known case, where a guy went directly to a bathhouse from oral surgey, and sucked off a whole lot of guys thru glory holes while still bleeding heavily in his mouth

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 4:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!