Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays, what are your favorite FEMALE rap songs?

Okay, not just Eldergays, but anyone. I have to admit, I don't listen to a ton of hip hop. I love Kendrick Lamar, but so does everyone else. Two rappers I've always loved are Missy Elliott and Azealia Banks. With the latter I put her personal life and her problematic behavior aside and just focus on the music. I think the fact that the both of them are legit singers gives their music -- even when they're just rapping and not singing -- much more musicality and more interesting rhythms than a lot of male rappers. But outside of Missy, Azealia, Salt N Pepa and a couple of big singles from Cardi B and Nikki Minaj, I don't know any other female rap songs.

So, let's share our favorite female rap songs.

Let's start with a stone cold classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 9:56 PM

A classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 3:12 AM

don't try to play me out, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 3:21 AM

Knowing Latifah likes the ladies, my friends and I always called this P.U.S.S.Y.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 3:23 AM

Easy-Peasy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 3:25 AM

I love the entirety of Nenah Cherry's Raw Like Sushi

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 3:26 AM

Always a great speaking voice on vinyl. :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 4:30 AM

Neneh Cherry knows the story and it MUST BE TOLD

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 4:34 AM

Gotta include Lauryn Hill, starting with the Fugees (Ready or Not, Killing me Softly), but especially Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. That was a revelation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 4:46 AM

Whatta Man by SnP with En Vogue. Perfect collaboration.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 4:48 AM

Salt-N-Pepa - Let's Talk About Sex

Anything by TLC

Monie In The Middle - Monie Love

Missy Elliot -Get Your Freak On

Kelis - Milkshake

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 5:02 AM

NONE, I hate rap

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 1:14 PM

I used to be scared of the dick now I throw lips to the shit, handle it like a real bitch....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 1:55 PM

Is Lizzie rap? I like her.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Roxanne’s Revenge. Amazing story behind it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 4:29 PM

I remember well that this little gem used to be played whenever Mrs Vanderbilt opened Marble House for the Newport social season. One always heard it as Janet Auchincloss made her entrance to the affair....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 9:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!