Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Smokers are FOUL and I'm bothered by them more than ever

I am immunocompromised (don't ask how, I will not disclose that) and having to breathe in their smoke was already offensive to my health, but now I risk getting SARS-CoV-2 because of them.

Does anyone immunocompromised have experience with telling them off?

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2020 7:23 PM

Telling them off won't help them stop.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 1:24 AM

R1 I said I wouldn't disclose that.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 1:25 AM

OP = Prissspot

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 1:25 AM

Where are you dealing with all these smokers, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 1:26 AM

OP: Hi Matt!

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 1:27 AM

The anti-smoking troll lives!

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 1:28 AM

I grew up in a family of smokers. I don't smoke. I can't believe to tell you how nice it is to not be around that crap anymore. Most people vape now. It's mostly older people that smoke. Where are you hanging out, OP? Bingo parlor?

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 1:30 AM

Huh, OP/R2?

R1 never even asked you that question; they *told* you berating smokers won't help them quit.

Is you illiterate as well as immunocompromised also too?

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 1:31 AM

Cars and busses are more dangerous. Do you think that little thing coming out of the cigarette is the problem? Lol!

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 1:33 AM

Are you immunocompromised from the lobotomy OP?

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 1:34 AM

R2 - ? Didn't understand the comment

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 1:35 AM

Cigarettes are a curse. Been smoking since my first attack of colitis at 17. It is damn near impossible to stop.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 1:37 AM

R1 = “Telling them off won’t help them stop.”

OP= “I told you, im not giving you my social security number! Umbrella! Rainbow! Moscow!”

Somehow I don’t think that passive smoke is the real issue in OP’s life.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 1:40 AM

I have occassional asthma/allergies OP, and I can relate. When my asthma is active, cigarette smoke is suffocating. It's awlful. So is colonge, truck exhaust, etc. Luckily when my asthma isn't active, which is most of the time, it really doesn't bother me.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 1:40 AM

Take a walk, Buster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 1:50 AM

Are your alleged illnesses all psychosomatic, OP? I haven’t even seen someone smoking in years, and if they’re outside they have as much right to smoke as you do not to.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 1:52 AM

I would love to see a smoker. They are as rare as an ivory billed woodpecker. Where are they, OP?

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 1:59 AM

R16 They are not psychosomatic and I will not disclose that information.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 2:00 AM

Fine, don't disclose it, we don't actually care.

What we really want are more details, OP. Where are you being regularly tormented by nasty smokers? I rarely see one anymore and when I do they always seem to be skulking off to the side somewhere, trying not to be seen. Is it the apartment next door and it's coming through the vents? Underneath your office window, permeating all attempts to block it out? What?

Details are the soul of Datalounge complaints, OP, so keep your immunocompromised cause to yourself and give.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2020 2:05 AM

R19 I live.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 2:15 AM

That’s a pity, R20.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 2:18 AM

I say everyone BLOCK OP unless he discloses his ailment

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2020 2:18 AM

I say BLOCK OP unless he discloses the location of these smokers. The only explanation for being around a bunch of them is if he lives in Ukraine or some such Smokey area.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2020 2:26 AM

So even though I smoke and want to quit, if I am in the range of a non-smoker I always ask "mind if I smoke?". I really do hate the people that, if they see you outside in a big space, walk RIGHT next to you at the ashtray and immediately make faces or chastise me. Like, why come up to me and not stand away? This is the stuff that makes Europeans side eye Americans. Most young Europeans like me don't smoke as much, or want to quit...but nobody walks right by the designated smoking area and makes faces. Fat Karens do this at the mall...enormous parking lot and entrances and they walk right to you. A few minutes later when you go in, they are shoving their pie hole with the nastiest junk food after arriving in their SUV. The type that shop at the "women's sizes" section.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2020 2:26 AM

Maybe Op lives in Hollywood. I'm surprised how many actors smoke. I guess it keeps their weight down.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 2:28 AM

R24 All women, fat Karens or not, shop in the "Women's Sizes" section.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 2:47 AM

Beg pard, R26?

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2020 3:38 AM

I smoked for years in my misspent youth - loved it. Would do it again if it wasn't deadly, socially unacceptable and gives anyone who does it a foul stench.

Actually, I could live with the foul stench and the opprobrium, it's the not living part I can't face.

So I quit cold turkey. I recommend copious amounts of pot (seriously) and food and having things to do. I smoke a cigarette once or twice a year if I feel like it. I wish I could smoke more without starting up whole-hog again.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2020 3:43 AM

Thanks OP. I was craving something and couldn't figure out what it was. I want a cigarette. Thanks and bye.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 3:48 AM

Since smokers are not allowed to light up ANYWHERE ANYMORE you must have to seek out smoky areas so you can be bothered more than ever. Pick a less health hazardous obsession, like complaining to Trader Joe managers that you're immunocompromised and can't be forced to shop w a mask on. Exhausting queen.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2020 4:21 AM

Have we gotten any details from the "I will not disclose" queen?

Where is he being tormented by all these foul smokers?

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2020 5:05 AM

We used to live in San Diego, where nobody smokes. We moved to a small town in Nevada (deplorable country) where everyone smokes. It's disgusting. I think the "red states" or at least "red areas" have much higher rates of smoking.

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2020 5:09 AM

are you immunocompromised because of smokers?

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2020 5:18 AM

Mary!!!! Just wear your mask and put in extra filters.

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2020 5:21 AM

Do you live next to a gargoyle, OP?

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2020 5:39 AM

I used to smoke when I was in college. In the 2000s I lived in Eastern Europe, where pretty much everyone still smokes, including in restaurants (My mom used to say that having a smoking section in a restaurant was like having a peeing section in a pool.) so I started smoking again until I came back to the US. I can't stand burning cigarettes, but still think its hot to make-out with someone who smoked a cigarette. I still regularly smoke cigars, but only outside, and only at home.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2020 4:11 PM

Jeez I am gay and the OP is too gay for me. A real bona fide old hysterical queen

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2020 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!