Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alan Partridge named Britain's greatest comedy character

I guess I should be surprised, this is the same country that thinks Miranda and Mrs. Brown’s Boys are ingenious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2020 12:18 AM

British humour is awful, mostly.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 1:17 AM

I fucking love Alan Partridge. The two series about his life as a DJ were genius. The more recent ones-- Mid Morning Matters and the other one-- are not so great.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 1:20 AM

No-one believes Mrs Brown's Boys and Miranda are ingenious, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 2:26 AM

is it a partridge family spinoff?

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 2:38 AM

Don't hate on Miranda. She's funny.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 2:59 AM

I just purchased his audibook "From the Oasthouse" - a real twofer as the guy's both a prat and a twat!

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2020 10:13 PM

The first series, with his chat show "Knowing Me, Knowing You", is brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2020 10:24 PM

OP you should or shouldn't be surprised?

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2020 10:27 PM

I have his series sold here in the States under the titles "Nomad" and "I, Partridge".

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2020 12:10 AM

My Humphries probably didn't even make the list.

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2020 12:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!