Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Das Boot is ridiculous

This is a prestige German TV show, highly praised — and I’m sad to say, a bit preposterous.

I don’t want to get into details but mother of Pearl — talk about a show that strains credulity! Anyone here watched this yet? Am I alone in this or was this show — weirdly implausible?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 3:05 AM

Any peen?

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 1:05 AM

Das Butt is much better, and loads of peen, and loads of loads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 1:11 AM

Jürgen Prochnow was very hot in the original movie

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 1:20 AM

So I take it from the replies no one has watched it?

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 1:33 AM

No r1

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 1:33 AM

Considered watching for Tom Wlaschiha, but didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 1:38 AM

Boosts, I loved it and it is widely praised. I think I last saw it a few years ago and it is as good as it was when it was first made.

What on earth don’t you like?

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 1:38 AM

Oh, wait, I guess now you are referring to the TV series? I was referring to the 1981 movie.

Was the series also in German?

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 1:43 AM

I watched it.

SPOILERS: Yes, the way the captain manages to get to New York after being dumped in a tiny boat in the middle of the Atlantic is ridiculous. Also, the fact Simone could easily kill Forster at the end but doesn’t (therefore leaving it open for a second series!) is inexplicable. He is the only Nazi who knows what she’s done!

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 1:45 AM

I see that Vicky Krieps is in it. I haven't seen her in anything since Phantom Thread. She was great in that. But Hollywood wouldn't know what to do with her anyways.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 1:49 AM

Idiotic things:

Mutiny on a wwii German u boat

American in the French resistance

An Alsatian working in the highly sensitive U-boat arm (two of them actually!)

I’m sorry but this show is just too ridiculous. If it were American it would be heaped with scorn for being typical Hollywood nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 3:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!