Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"That's what she said..."

"That's what she said" makes sense as a response to almost every statement in the English language.

Most versatile Dad joke ever?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 7:41 AM

Oh god OP are you stuck in the year 2010?

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 12:40 AM

This phrase will outlive us all.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 12:41 AM

“That’s what she said” started out on The Office as an example of how lame Michael Scott’s sense of humour was, and yet somehow it got funnier and funnier every time they used it. They were good at finding the right spots for it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 12:43 AM

R1 that's what she said

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 12:44 AM

My gym teacher said that. In 1986. In case anyone thinks this lame joke was created by The Office writers.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 12:49 AM

Alfred Hitchcock made the first recorded "That's what she said" joke in 1929.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 12:56 AM

Evergreen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 1:17 AM

Wisconsin natives say 'That's what cheesehead.'

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 5:35 AM

[quote] My gym teacher said that. In 1986. In case anyone thinks this lame joke was created by The Office writers.

I know they didn’t invent it, but I’m sure most people associate it with The Office now. It was the perfect kind of joke for Michael to like.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 7:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!