Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rize (2005)

Have any of you seen it? It's a documentary about that "crunking" dance craze that was popular among African-Americans in South Central Los Angeles. I'm watching it for free on IMBD tv.

They look like they're having seizures but it's a really interesting film. It was surprised to find out it was directed by white fashion photographer David LaChappele, I misread it as Dave Chappelle at first.

And of course Madonna had to steal it and use in her HUNG UP video a year later. Some of the scenes in her video look like it was lifted out of that film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 8:55 AM

I see the word [italic] crunking [/italic] and remember the cringeworthy attempt Hayden Pannetierre makes in Bring It On: All Or Nothing 😄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 8:48 AM

I believe the female dancer on the cover was in the Hung Up video, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 8:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!