Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miss Jefferson Beauregard Sessions is feuding with Trump

Well fiddle dee dee!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 6:42 AM

Every time I see Sessions I can't but think of Kate McKinnon's impression of his as a possum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2020 6:33 PM

I just posted this a few minutes ago in another thread:

Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions: two, old, white, entitled, racist pricks dueling it out over who is going to be the bigger older, whiter, more entitled, more racist POS: Does it get any worse than this? How much lower can the US sink?

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 6:36 PM

It makes me smile to think that every time Sessions sees cheeto on tv, reads his name in the press, or even thinks of him, that he RAGES at the perceived betrayal, the loss of his senate seat, and the part he personally played in protecting cheeto.

I hope it burns and eats at him, every single minute of every waking moment of every days, and will do so for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 6:42 PM

R2 You should post that on EVERY thread.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 6:49 PM

Coulter has been savagely raging in response to Trump’s criticism of Sessions. I’ve never seen her use the kind of language toward Trump that she is using today. She’s a fan of Sessions, or at least a fan of his supposed anti-illegal views.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 6:53 PM

Say what you will about the midget. He certainly had it coming and is still a piece of shit. But his recusal was the only ethical act I can think of occurring in this administration.

Of course, that was when Trump was more focused on the racism and before he launched his all out assault on the constitution. I’m sure if Sessions could have seen Pompeo and Barr getting away with their flagrant disregard, he would be all in.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 6:56 PM

why do white supremacist think they don’t have mixed DNA?

I think they would be in for quite the surprised if they did 23 and me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 6:56 PM

Trump is right that Sessions should have quit instead of recusing and keeping his salary. What did Sessions do all day instead of doing the job of AG, watch TV? You shouldn’t keep the salary if you’re not doing the job.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 6:57 PM

R8, there are literally hundreds of not thousands of cases that the DOJ looks at each year. Plus enforcing new and existing legislation and policy. He had plenty to do. You think because he recused himself from the Mueller case that he recused himself from the entire job? Do you think judges who recuse themselves just take a vacation and don’t just take on other cases instead?

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 7:12 PM

Yet in his campaign, Sessions continues to lick Trump’s balls

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 7:14 PM

For those who have forgotten, Sessions HAD to recuse himself from the Mueller investigation. It was found out that Sessions lied to Congress during the confirmation hearing. He said he had no contact with Russian when he met with the ambassador a number of times.

Many were calling for Sessions to step down from the job altogether. Ultimately the compromise was to have him recuse himself from the Mueller investigation.

Trump was well aware of the entire situation. If Trump didn’t want an AG who recused himself, Trump could have rescinded the nomination. Trump did not.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 7:18 PM

Those times seem like decades ago. The above poster was right, if Sessions could have foreseen the level of lawlessness this regime would have he would never have recused himself.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 7:32 PM

Trump's argument is basically that Sessions wasn't acting as him Roy Cohn, or his own fix-it man, they way Burr is currently acting. The intention of the AG is to represent the people and the justice department, not the president's lackey.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote]why do white supremacist think they don’t have mixed DNA?

I think it's more about the privilege they have and want to hang onto.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 9:05 PM

They're both assholes but I'm team Sessions on this one

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 9:24 PM

Sessions or Jones needs to take Tuberville out the only way left. Appeal to the Roll Tide faction. (they both went to Bama)

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 9:30 PM

It's Memorial Day weekend, when all good Republicans are supposed to be spouting platitudes about our heroic veterans, and paying lip service to our military.

And here we have these two old biddies, having a Twitter fight like two preteen girlinas.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2020 9:43 PM

Preteen girlinas have more dignity than Trump

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2020 10:17 PM

Say what you will about the midget. He certainly had it coming and is still a piece of shit. But his recusal was the only ethical act I can think of occurring in this administration.

Sessions is an odious creep, racist and a gold star asshole, however, there is no way he is as unethical as Barr. Not a high standard, mind you, but he does seem downright honorable compared to Barr.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2020 10:21 PM

And the only reason Barr is getting away with everything he's doing is because of Mitch McConnell and the Republican majority senate.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 2:38 AM

Here's what Miss Sessions tweeted to Trump:

[quote]@realdonaldtrump Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law. I did my duty & you're damn fortunate I did. It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration. Your personal feelings don't dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 6:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!