Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Medications

Which mood-altering prescribed medications do you take regularly? I have to know!

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2020 9:33 PM

Is Xanax mood altering? I guess it is, puts me in a good mood for sure. Nightly milkshake of French Vanilla Ice Cream, a shot of Vodka, a shot of Kahlua, a crushed 1/4 of a Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2020 7:45 PM

Lorazepam. You don't really notice any effects, until you actually think about it, and realize you aren't ready to kill someone.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 7:57 PM

Do Benzos really work that well? I tried Xanax a few years ago but it didn't seem to really do anything for me.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 8:39 PM

R3 Ativan is better, xanax causes strong rebound anxiety/agitation.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 9:26 PM

zoloft

hydroxyzine hcl

nicotine

coffee

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Am I the only person Hydroxizine doesn't do jack for? My doctor prescribed this for my anxiety at night but it doesn't even help me to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 10:29 PM

You don't need no shit you fkin Narc. Prorect your freedoms. Don't tell the OP anything.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 10:35 PM

vodka and pot

oh, you can buy hallucinogenic cacti online.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 10:43 PM

None (sigh). All my altered moods are natural.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 11:01 PM

Duloxetine

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 11:08 PM

Xanax and Ambien

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 11:11 PM

Klonopin is awesome.

Wait, where am I? What day is this?

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 11:20 PM

Marijuana vape

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 11:20 PM

Two different benzos, a benzo cousin muscle relaxant and another muscle relaxant as PRN , XR opiate name brand, a tricyclic, and a composite drug for migraines. Also THC in a pill, plus having a dispensary card. I'm a bit apprehensive about naming outright because I'm on a LOT of shit. Although not always on all of them, only three of those are taken daily. This is after years of getting OFF of medications.

In my defense I have seizures from stress, migraines and PTSD...

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 12:12 AM

Zoloft and Wellbutrin. I also take Rozerem at night, which, although not exactly mood-altering, has helped me stick to a normal sleep schedule for months now.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 1:38 AM

There was nothing like Miltown and Qualuudes. Nothing. Xanax isn’t the same. Valium is the only thing you can still get than even approaches the wonders of Miltown.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 1:41 AM

300mg Wellbutrin, and 2mg Abilify.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 2:19 AM

Klonopin, Pristiq and weaning off Buspar and Trintelix. I sleep a lot.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 2:38 AM

Hey where do you all get all this shit?!!! I want some. I can't even find anyone to get weed from.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2020 3:15 AM

R11 's. Combo is one of my favorite, except I used Klonopin instead of Xanax.

R14- I feel your pain, but Seriously, how are you still alive??

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 4:10 AM

[quote] I can't even find anyone to get weed from.

I've been purchasing weed and other cannabis products legally for eight years. It's hard to conceive of having to "find" it and buy it clandestinely.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 4:16 AM

When I feel a panic attack coming on, I take 1/4 tab of Victan. Works really well.

"Ethyl loflazepate is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative. It possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties."

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2020 4:59 AM

CNN.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2020 5:39 AM

Qualuudes were the key to human happiness, so naturally they took them away. There’s nothing like them now.

My mother took barbiturates and later Miltown, which I grew to love. You might as well give benzos to toddlers. They’re nothing compared to the good stuff. I have to take 5 mg of Xanax to even get a buzz. I crush it and stir it into some Old Crow to help it along. Sometimes I lose a day when I do that.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2020 6:02 AM

150 mg Wellbutrin is what keeps me happy enough. I have adult ADHD symptoms but I scored rather low in the test so I apparently don't have it. Still, my psychiatrist prescribed me Wellbutrin since it works for both depression and ADHD, and it really has made a huge difference, especially with my concentration. I've been on it for over two years now and I'm worried it might stop working at some point. I'm not too wild about upping the dosage so we'll see what happens then. I did take citalopram for years earlier and it did definitely smooth out the highs and the lows but in the end it stopped working. It took like two years for my brain to adjust back to normal after weaning it off, or at least if felt like that.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 6:25 AM

Gabapentin, weed, whiskey, beer, wine.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 1:25 PM

Miltown and Quaaludes sounds so glamorous.

Wash them down with a glass of pink champagne and everything will be so beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2020 1:30 PM

Just out of sheer curiosity, who is prescribing these meds? Is it your PCP/GP or an actual psychiatrist?

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2020 1:47 PM

r19 I get mine with a prescription written by my dentist (to alleviate bruxism)

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 2:02 PM

I used to get mine from separate doctors, but nowadays because of computers, pharmacies can “talk” to each other and they keep track of everything.

It used to be that if one doctor didn’t want to give you something, or if you needed more than one doctor would give you, you’d just go to another one. Now they track you with “databases” and whatnot. It doesn’t matter to me anymore, because all their pills now are shit anyway. I just drink more.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2020 2:18 PM

Chocolate. I buy organic baking cocoa in bulk and have a big cup of cocoa (or iced cocoa if the weather's hot) made with skim milk twice a day. It lifts my mood, satisfies my sweet tooth, and gives my bones a calcium boost (osteoporosis runs in my family as does longevity so I'm looking ahead here.)

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2020 2:26 PM

Clonazepam (my pet peeve is using brand names for medicine) every night

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2020 2:33 PM

Xanax but it’s extended release so I cannot crush then up. They don’t make me high. I never knew quaaludes were so good. Where I grew up they were dirt cheap and considered drugs for the poors so I never touched them. What a shame!

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2020 3:08 PM

I was about to ask the exact same question R20. I mean, what’s the point?

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2020 3:20 PM

R20 By not taking them all at the same time. As I'd said, three are taken daily, and the PRNs are mostly used infrequently.

R34 Judgy wudgy's a pill. The point is to not have massive tonic clonic seizures, or induce one by hyperventilating or incur any more physical damage so I can move without wanting to gnaw my own leg off.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2020 3:41 PM

Xanax is overhyped/feared. I take 0.5mg every few nights for sleep. I assume all the horror stores are people who take like 5-10mg regularly. I get it prescribed in 1mg pills for 90 days - Cutting it in half, it lasts me an entire year.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2020 3:50 PM

Nothing, currently. Formerly weed. R31 types frau.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2020 4:22 PM

R36 what state you in? Here in MA I need to refill my damn Xanax every month. Those fuckers at CVS wouldn’t even give my script one day early when I had a trip planned. I hate addicts who ruin meds.

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2020 6:13 PM

R38 - I have a great doc who prescribes higher doses than I need so a “technical” 30 day supply lasts me months. I’m terrified what happens when he dies or retires. I also pay him $350 non-insurance each appointment so it ain’t cheap.

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2020 9:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!