Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry Styles: LGBT or Baiting?

His friend Kid Harpoon went on record and told Rolling Stone that he'd advised Harry to 'date women or men or whatever, get your heart broken, and write about it'. He has a song called Medicine in which he sings: 'the boys and the girls are in/I mess around with them'. One of his music videos features a man grinding on him.

Is he lgbt or just playing it up for his largely lesbian fanbase?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15614 hours ago

*G*A*Y*

by Anonymousreply 105/24/2020

Bisexual now but will marry a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205/24/2020

Straight but would let a guy blow him. He will never end up with a man, it's hilarious that fan girls think he's an actual bisexual who actively dates men. Nothing pings about him.

by Anonymousreply 305/24/2020

He was straight but he prolly got really scared when he saw Kendall Jenner‘s vagina was so loose after she had fucked so many black guys. And he felt insecure and he tried butt holes of Weho queens. 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 405/24/2020

Baiting, just like James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2020

Who cares about this fug?

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2020

He has been asked, he has answered. He does not claim to be bi/gay.

So when he tries to pretend otherwise it is by definition baiting

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2020

Baiting - just like Robbie Williams.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2020

He will never end up with a guy, but I wouldn’t question for a second that he’d fuck around with one

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2020

who cares he's fucking ugly

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2020

English. They all get buggered in school and then settle down in a nice middle-class life until shocking rentboy scandal pics elicit a brave confession.

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2020

He and gaybaiters like that Archie actor need to drop off the face of the earth. Such disgusting pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2020

“We knew from talking to Harry and his creative director that they wanted to basically dedicate this song to girls and boys and sexual pleasure, it was about creating an atmosphere.” Director of his latest video, Watermelon Sugar.

Seems that he fucks guys but only dates skinny white models like Kendall and Camille Rowe.

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2020

He is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2020

No idea, would guess bi. Very cute though, either way!

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2020

He will fuck around with men in private. Date skinny white models in public.

In about 10 years, he will marry a young clueless, skinny white model and start a family. And continue to fuck around with men in private.

by Anonymousreply 1605/25/2020

Well, he looks very young. All the boys his age play at being bisexual, don’t they, so it’s hardly newsworthy.

And I thought I read or heard somewhere years ago on a different general gossip forum that the middle-class boy in his old band was knocking him off. Tbh I’m too old for boybands and never listened to them so I don’t know his name - cubby? Poor dress sense? Short hair? This one I think:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1705/25/2020

'And I thought I read or heard somewhere years ago on a different general gossip forum that the middle-class boy in his old band was knocking him off.'

There aren't any middle class boys, let alone public school boys who got buggered at a boarding school in One Direction. All five were chavs who either left school at 16 or failed their A levels. Zayn's dad was unemployed and his mother a dinner lady. They all went to comprehensive schools, not private schools.

by Anonymousreply 1805/25/2020

Harry is bisexual but heteroromantic.

by Anonymousreply 1905/27/2020

He's a whore, darlin'

by Anonymousreply 2005/27/2020

He's baiting. And this isn't even a question, really. Even if he actually is gay but closeting, it'll still count as baiting, given he's not out. So it has the same impact as a straight man doing it. That said, I do believe he's straight, but I think he likes the attention he gets from not confirming either way.

by Anonymousreply 2105/27/2020

[quote]“We knew from talking to Harry and his creative director that they wanted to basically dedicate this song to girls and boys and sexual pleasure, it was about creating an atmosphere.” Director of his latest video, Watermelon Sugar.

Given it's clearly about eating pussy it's obviously not meant to be that inclusive.

by Anonymousreply 2205/27/2020

Scabby little baker boys were ever the same. If this were the 18th Century he’d be smuggling iced buns to various village milkmaids in exchange for a knob-polishing, and throwing stones at cats on the way there. And we wouldn’t know his name.

by Anonymousreply 2305/27/2020

Obviously straight and gaybaiting.

by Anonymousreply 2405/27/2020

Someone on Twitter is claiming to have leaked nudes of DL faves Harry Styles and Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 2506/04/2020

I am a Larry shipper, a Larry believer if you will.

by Anonymousreply 2606/04/2020

Is this about the hiking with Brandon Flynn rumors?

by Anonymousreply 2706/04/2020

oh emm gee ! Harry and Timotay are hooking-up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2806/05/2020

I’m an elder gay and I love his new album. Really greasy and beautiful. As is he. He certainly dresses flamboyantly, and I like that too

by Anonymousreply 2906/05/2020

R28 They're protected their tweets, what did it say?

by Anonymousreply 3006/05/2020

'I’m an elder gay and I love his new album. Really greasy and beautiful. As is he. He certainly dresses flamboyantly, and I like that too'

Love this description. His album has sold over 2.2m worldwide already, in just six months.

by Anonymousreply 3106/05/2020

The guy is obviously gay. It's surprising that 99% of Datalounge is convinced he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 3206/06/2020

The funny thing is I have 0% interest in this guy. I missed whatever band he was launched in and rarely listen to music today to have heard his recent stuff. The first time I saw him much at all was last year’s Met Gala and he seemed completely out of his league and there was nothing interesting or impressive about his cothes that warranted him being an organizer of this event. His grooming looked very off too.

If he was chosen because he is the equivalent of a modern day Bowie, I don’t buy that. Bowie was deadly serious in his looks and nothing about Camp. Did they just need a male equivalent music star as a compliment to Gaga? If so that Brendan or Brandon from the Panic at the Disco band would have been better or even Brandon Flowers. Or they just should have gone with Elton John.

But now my little peanut Brandon Flynn might be involved so I may need to do a need dive and learn more about him. Maybe if I think of him as Dominic Cooper’s not as attractive little brother I might be able to rally some interest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3306/06/2020

R33 He was a co-chair because he has a deal with Gucci and Gucci were sponsoring the event.

So what are these Brandon Flynn rumours? And the Chalamet rumours?

by Anonymousreply 3406/06/2020

R34 Supposedly he was seen hiking with Brandon multiple times in the Santa Monica mountains, check the Brandon threads for more, but as of yet no photographic evidence.

Ugh, the Met Gala and how it sponsors its fashion exhibitions is so corrupt in allowing designer houses to back exhibitions. It’s not like having an insurance company sponsor an O’Keefe exhibit, there is too much quid pro quo going on there. Part of it is the fact that the Met relies on this outdated idea that the fashion collections and exhibits need to pay for themselves, they don’t do this to Arms and Armor or even Musical Instruments, which could be ripe for something similar.

They just need to just budget in that department and fund them like all the others to regain some level ethics in the matter. It’s sad because Fashion collections are the bastard child of art museums. The Brooklyn Museum couldn’t even afford to hold on to their collection and maintain its preservation and ended up surrendering it to the Met since their model drew in big enough bucks to sustain it. I wonder what having a non Gala this year will do to it? And the Met is in deep financial crisis as it and the exhibition schedule have been thrown off or scraped completely because of what occurred.

by Anonymousreply 3506/06/2020

I doubt Wintour would be happy with giving up her power over the Institute, or her power in high society which the Gala gives her. And I doubt they much care about ethics.

I just wish they'd police the theme. Have a line of fashon queens on the red carpet and turn away anyone not dressed to the theme. Of course, that would mean La Wintour would likely get turned away too.

by Anonymousreply 3606/06/2020

[quote]He was a co-chair because he has a deal with Gucci and Gucci were sponsoring the event.

Which is why his Met Gala attire was such a disappointment. He didn't even achieve the theme. Alessandro Michele/ Gucci did better by Jared Leto and Lana Del Rey in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 3706/06/2020

I wonder if what he ended up wearing was a back up outfit. I think he's okay wearing some ridiculous stuff when he's on stage, but when he's going to be around his celebrity friends he didn't have the nerve to go with it - would also explain why he so quickly changed outfits from his bland red carpet one to the even blander white shirt and bow tie.

by Anonymousreply 3806/06/2020

He is an odd duck for sure. Does not seem too into women, but nothing pings much for me either... def baiting though to a disturbing degree. Shit or get off the pot Harry!

I guess he is still younger than his age and hasn't 'found himself', being pampered by everybody from a very young age. He grew up going along with whatever his team tells him to do/wear/say and it shows. A lot. Looking at his 'friends', he's got daddy issues, too. Interesting from a psychologist perspective, anyway, I'm reminding myself that some people are just not that deep.

To end on a positive note: I totally would!

by Anonymousreply 3906/07/2020

He's dating Brandon Flynn!

by Anonymousreply 4006/08/2020

R34 those rumors are coming from one unhinged Harry fan. She’ll probably infiltrate this thread too. Harry is straight and they have never even met.

by Anonymousreply 4106/09/2020

I thought Brandon was with this GoT guy?

by Anonymousreply 4206/09/2020

[quote]I thought Brandon was with this GoT guy?

you're a little behind

by Anonymousreply 4306/09/2020

I think he plays gay to get the rabid fangirls off his back. What he does in private? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 4406/09/2020

R40 is an obsessed frau nutcase:

[quote]Brandon is dating Harry Styles.

[quote]Harry is quarantined with Jeff in LA in this grave time of plague. Will he do a live concert from home, as Post Malone did last night?

[quote]Styles is HOT.

[quote]Nobody has passed HS around. He's been a multimillionaire since he was 18 and does what the fuck he likes. He is well muscled these days and could probably break Brandon in two.

[quote]Harry is Brandon's best catch yet. Richer than Sam and better looking than Richard. He won't be out and proud with Brandon though unfortuately.

[quote]Brandon and Harry Styles are hooking up!

[quote]His friend Kid Harpoon went on record and told Rolling Stone that he'd advised Harry to 'date women or men or whatever, get your heart broken, and write about it'. He has a song called Medicine in which he sings: 'the boys and the girls are in/I mess around with them'. One of his music videos features a man grinding on him.

[quote]Harry Styles is better looking and more successful than Froy or Brandon. He's in LA so Richard should consider him for his next twink.

by Anonymousreply 4506/09/2020

[quote]LGBT or Baiting ???

Homophobic much? Was saying the word GAY or Bisexual too much of a pain for you OP?

A person cannot be 4 things at once. A lesbian, a Gay man, a Bisexual man, and Transgender ( woman???).

OP must think Harry is some sort of mutant.

by Anonymousreply 4606/09/2020

R43 I'm embarrassed now, getting old I guess. Anyway Brandon does nothing for me, maybe that's why...

by Anonymousreply 4706/09/2020

Straight. Gaybaiting. Sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 4806/09/2020

R23 expressed it perfectly. This child is simply doing what an utterly cynical PR machine Tells him to do, to manipulate a pubescent girl/silly queen fan base

by Anonymousreply 4906/09/2020

R44 Probably the contrary, his fanbase loves the idea of him being gay and his "genderfluid" style. They already made fan art of him with men or wearing dresses long before he played around with ambiguity and was still considered the rock star of 1D (and dressed like this), who liked to chase beautiful women.

He might have "messed around" and experimented some like most Hollywood types, but seems to me like he prefers women. It's also funny how the fans bang on that he finally discovered his true self now, both in terms of sexuality and personal style, but he doesn't really dress very flamboyantly or genderfluid when he's in private and the only confirmed relationships and flings were with women.

by Anonymousreply 5006/09/2020

Is Harry Styles the Richard Madden of music?

by Anonymousreply 5106/09/2020

Why, R51?

by Anonymousreply 5206/09/2020

Well DL fave Harry Styles has now joined the list of celebrities accused of sexual assault on Twitter and it's being claimed that some Harry of "fans" are deliberately trying to target the other former members of 1D in an effort to try to tarnish them by making up false stories about them.

by Anonymousreply 5306/22/2020

The girl accused him of being in a London hotel when he was in France filming Dunkirk. She also showed a picture of him from 2013 and claimed it was from 2016. She then came onto twitter and retracted the whole thing. Since Bieber tweeted about suing his accuser, the fake rape hoes are running scared.

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2020

His face is very FTM 🤢

by Anonymousreply 5506/23/2020

I think R16 has it just about right

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2020

I'm so over this guy. I don't like how he completely ignores his fans. Does he care, or are they only money to him? Fans only gets pics of him walking around dressed like fucking idiot, with a beard he needs to shave.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Monday at 12:59 PM

Boy ain't straight. Not saying he's gay though, probably bi.

by Anonymousreply 58Last Monday at 1:04 PM

Would someone who wants to attract men pose like this? So unflattering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59Last Monday at 1:38 PM

No thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60Last Monday at 1:39 PM

Not a fan of his body, especially because of the tats. But he's got an attractive face.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Monday at 1:43 PM

I don't get the face either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62Last Monday at 1:46 PM

Straight, but will alter his public persona per Jeff Azoff’s instruction.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Monday at 2:21 PM

'I don't like how he completely ignores his fans. '

Aw, poor little spazzy fanfrau, doesn't he tweet you like fat Niall does? You sound about twelve. Harry wants his socials to look professional for all his many new fans. Niall's are a mess, full of narcissistic photos of his flabby bare chest and him saying 'fuck' and agreeing with fans that he looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Monday at 2:51 PM

Gross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65Last Monday at 2:55 PM

HOT as HELL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66Last Monday at 3:14 PM

”i have the biggest soft spot for niall’s tummy” Wtf 😂

by Anonymousreply 67Last Monday at 6:25 PM

Out of focus is so flattering, r66.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Monday at 6:26 PM

He looks like a hobo in those recent pics. As if he is actively trying to be unattraktive (which he isn't).

At this point, I wouldn't. And that is saying sth after months of quarentine.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Tuesday at 11:01 AM

Not gay baiting as much as stealing our culture and using it to profit because idiotic tweenage girls love fawning over men in touch with their "feminine sides".

by Anonymousreply 70Last Tuesday at 11:45 AM

Why are they idiotic?

by Anonymousreply 71Last Tuesday at 11:47 AM

Yes, he looks a bit homeless in these recent photos lol. But most of it is just him avoiding to get recognised immediately (hoodie, sunglasses..) And honestly, I still prefer this look over the silly stuff he started to wear on stage and during promo this era. It might be a little too.. let's call it "low key", but at least he doesn't seem like someone used him as a weird dress up doll.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Tuesday at 11:48 AM

R71 Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Tuesday at 11:48 AM

[Quote] Delusional.

I'm sure you were delusional at that age too.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Tuesday at 12:07 PM

I get the appeal. I'm not proud of it. But yeah.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Tuesday at 1:06 PM

[Quote] I get the appeal. I'm not proud of it. But yeah.

What is the appeal? He'll take all cummers?

by Anonymousreply 76Last Tuesday at 1:10 PM

[quote]I don't like how he completely ignores his fans

They deserve it, as do all the fans of the 1D boys. They were so low-effort in their shows. Lip-syncing, no dancing, they just walked around the stage, sat down, even eating on stage. If your standards are so low that you buy tickets to that kind of shit you deserve to be taken advantage of.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Tuesday at 1:38 PM

Since he started his solo career he's been playing up the androgynous persona. I actually like some of his music and for the most part it's well received critically. He's most likely straight with perhaps some bisexual tendencies, so he may dabble with the occasional guy. The tats destroy the possibility of his being attractive.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Tuesday at 1:39 PM

[quote]The face destroys the possibility of his being attractive

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 79Last Tuesday at 1:41 PM

R79 His face is fine. I disagree

by Anonymousreply 80Last Tuesday at 1:47 PM

The face is plain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81Last Tuesday at 1:53 PM

He looks like he smells.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Tuesday at 2:20 PM

R82 Someone on another thread said he apparently rarely bathes and is proud of it.

R80 I will admit I found him attractive up until he cut his hair for Dunkirk.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Tuesday at 3:20 PM

Unbathed and horrible tats. What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 84Last Tuesday at 3:41 PM

His bisexuality is visible from space. Medicine lyrics, his best friend Tom Hull telling him to date 'women AND men', all the queer support acts he employs, his Pride merchandise, a T shirt saying 'I want to fellate George Harrison', another Keith Haring T shirt with two men giving each other hand jobs. It's been obvious since he wore a jersey to support Michael Sam in front of a crowd of 40k when he was only 19 years old.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Tuesday at 4:25 PM

Harry Styles has a great physique and a highly photogenic face, which is why Gucci selected him to front four campaigns instead of choosing stars with more followers and fans like Drake or Ed Sheeran. His face has an unusual combination of high cheekbones, sharp jawline, large green eyes and full lips that curve up at the corners. Lovely thick dark wavy hair too. 6 foot tall with long legs, broad shoulders, well muscled back and arms.

There are some ex Larries who come on here saying Harry smells and is ugly. They're just sore that he broke up One DIrection and was never seen with Louis again. He spoilt their fun. The DL Welp Troll in particular hates him with the fury of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Tuesday at 4:31 PM

Harry follows a lot of gay/bi men below his level of fame on Instagram. His social media follows, in fact, are typical of out of glass-closeted celebrities. I personally think he's gay or quelque chose de pareil.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Tuesday at 4:32 PM

The lips at r81 are full?! In what universe?

by Anonymousreply 88Last Tuesday at 4:33 PM

[Quote] Harry follows a lot of gay/bi men below his level of fame on Instagram.

Give us a list of names.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Tuesday at 4:34 PM

R85 Literally everything you just listed falls under gaybaiting

by Anonymousreply 90Last Tuesday at 4:41 PM

[quote]His social media follows, in fact, are typical of out of glass-closeted celebrities

I meant, "out [bold]or[/bold] glass closeted celebrities."

Gay men who make more of an effort to be closeted, tend to have similar follows as straight men.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Tuesday at 4:44 PM

[quote]There are some ex Larries who come on here saying Harry smells and is ugly

Sure, it's only ex Larries that could possibly think that.

Do you realise that everytime you resort to this kind of 'argument' it just shows everyone how insecure you are?

by Anonymousreply 92Last Tuesday at 4:44 PM

Hilarious that the Harry haters here think someone who dresses like this is straight whilst also posting about Timmy Chalamet and Shawn Mendes being closeted and bearding furiously. It's so fucking typical of Datalounge fraus to ignore an actual bi guy and try and make out he's gay baiting, whilst focusing yet again on the het guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93Last Tuesday at 4:47 PM

Imagine actually trying to call other posters fraus whilst maintaining someone must be gay because of the way their stylist dresses them.

If you wanna play that game, R93, the way he dresses when someone else isn't picking his clothes proves he's straight. See how that works?

And unless he actually comes out, you don't get to call him an "actual bi guy".

by Anonymousreply 94Last Tuesday at 4:49 PM

'Do you realise that everytime you resort to this kind of 'argument' it just shows everyone how insecure you are?'

Do you realise how readily you identify yourself as a tumblr fraulein by referring to how 'insecure' another poster is? You sound about 15.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Tuesday at 4:51 PM

[Quote] to ignore an actual bi guy

He has stated that he's not. Find another hero.

by Anonymousreply 96Last Tuesday at 4:52 PM

[quote]You sound about 15.

Says the person stanning Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Tuesday at 4:53 PM

Even in casual wear there's camp touches. He also isn't 'told' what to wear - he scours the fashion magazines for various looks from the men's and women's collection. Anyone who believes he is being ordered what to wear or is doing everything for PR is, yet again, one of those tragic fandom conspiracy theorists. A Larrie gone rancid through lack of content.

by Anonymousreply 98Last Tuesday at 4:55 PM

R98 So you're claiming he doesn't have a stylist?

by Anonymousreply 99Last Tuesday at 4:56 PM

'He has stated that he's not. Find another hero.'

When he was 19 years old, under duress in an interview. Since then he sang about messing around with boys and girls in a song. You are the same person who thought he was gay for Louis all those years, aren't you? Sad that Louis turned out to be an ugly racist homophobic little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 100Last Tuesday at 4:57 PM

Also, once again you'll note that R98 has to resort to strawmen and ad hominem arguments because they can't make their original claim stand up.

by Anonymousreply 101Last Tuesday at 4:58 PM

15 year olds are stanning Mendes and BTS these days. Styles gets laughed at on TikTok for dressing like an old man. Most Styles fans are in their 20s now. He also has a huge number of older lesbians who adore him.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Tuesday at 5:03 PM

R102 Actual lesbians? Or weirdo Tumblr "lesbians" who just pretend to be lesbians so they can pretend not to be attracted to him (whilst doing nothing but posting photos, fanart and fanfic about him)?

by Anonymousreply 103Last Tuesday at 5:05 PM

Note that R101 resorts to identifying methods of argument rather than making an actual point to prove that Styles is straight. The man is bisexual but he isn't gay for Louis, so she can't forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Tuesday at 5:05 PM

'Actual lesbians? Or weirdo Tumblr "lesbians" who just pretend to be lesbians so they can pretend not to be attracted to him (whilst doing nothing but posting photos, fanart and fanfic about him)?'

Plenty of older lesbians in their 40s and 50s. They go to the concerts with their girlfriends and post pictures. Usually overweight and looking pretty sad in his merch, but they have a lot more money to spend than the younger ones. He played to 900k people on his last world tour.

by Anonymousreply 105Last Tuesday at 5:08 PM

'So you're claiming he doesn't have a stylist?'

Lambert doesn't 'tell' Harry Styles what to wear, for fuck's sake. He offers some options and they look at the collections together. The little guy getting paid a few hundred grand a year ordering the popstar worth 80m around? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 106Last Tuesday at 5:10 PM

R104 It'll be fun when you check out my post history and realise just how wrong you are about me. Weird though that you seem to be saying I think he's both straight and gay for Louis?

Given he clearly presents himself as straight, I don't need to prove anything. You're the one with the alternative view, so you're the one who needs to prove it. The fact you keep up with the ad hominems is a pretty big suggestion that you can't.

[quote]Note that [R101] resorts to identifying methods of argument

They're logical fallacies. The fact you think they're methods of argument is - well, the entire point.

by Anonymousreply 107Last Tuesday at 5:10 PM

R106 Literally no-one thinks that stylists order their clients around. It's yet another strawman you made up.

by Anonymousreply 108Last Tuesday at 5:11 PM

'They're logical fallacies'

Ad hominem attacks aren't logical fallacies. you dummy, Do you think by using all these high school debate terms you're sounding intellectual?

I've already outlined all the different ways Styles has signalled that he is bisexual, including okaying an interview with his best friend Tom Hull for Rolling Stone, in which Hull tells him to 'date women and MEN'. You dismissed all of it as gay baiting yet have no proof at all that he is straight, because when he was asked if he was straight he said he didn't label his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 109Last Tuesday at 5:19 PM

'Literally no-one thinks that stylists order their clients around'

You said HS was 'told' what to wear, so who's telling him, if not his stylist? Your habit of identifying strawmen arguments instead of actually providing an argument makes you very tedious to debate with. It seems you have nothing to say.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Tuesday at 5:21 PM

Well now a fan of Harry's has been accused of deliberately outing a young girl to her parents because she happened to be a fan of one of the other former members of 1D.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Tuesday at 5:21 PM

R109 So you've got nothing then.

R110 So, his stylist chooses the outfits. Given he actually ends up wearing the stuff, he clearly doesn't have any taste, otherwise he'd refuse.

I have another question for you - why not just stan an actual out gay or bi man? It's quite clear that's the most important aspect of Styles to you - the way you're going so over the top trying to make it so. Why go to all that effort when you could just change your fav to one who is actually out?

by Anonymousreply 112Last Tuesday at 5:23 PM

'Well now a fan of Harry's has been accused of deliberately outing a young girl to her parents because she happened to be a fan of one of the other former members of 1D.'

This was proven to be an illiterate fan of Louis and Niall called Nicole who had a history of outing people in the fandom. The girl was already out to her parents anyway.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Tuesday at 5:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114Last Tuesday at 5:25 PM

R112, he is an actual bisexual man. He is also charming, charismatic, attractive, has great vocals, is intriguing and engaging. I've liked him for five years. Not changing any time soon. I also like Sam Smith, Troye Sivan and Olly Alexander so I am a fan of other out lgbt artists.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Tuesday at 5:26 PM

[quote]he is an actual bisexual man

Except he isn't. Again, until he comes out as such, you're just as bad as those fangirls who stan a made up version of their fav, rather than the actual person.

by Anonymousreply 116Last Tuesday at 5:27 PM

[Quote] he is an actual bisexual man.

How dare you label him!

by Anonymousreply 117Last Tuesday at 5:31 PM

R116, if he comes out as straight tomorrow I will be more than happy, because it means I'll see him marry a woman and have bio kids that look like him and his wife. I used to think he was straight up until he wrote Medicine. Didn't expect that, did you?

by Anonymousreply 118Last Tuesday at 5:31 PM

R118 Because a gay man can't have "bio kids"? You do realise that when you say shit like that and insist he must be gay because of the way he dresses it's as good as writing "I'm a homophobic frau", right?

by Anonymousreply 119Last Tuesday at 5:35 PM

I knew you were going to say that. A man can't have a kid that's half his and half his wife's if he's with a man, bitch. But I hope you took my main point, which is that I was his fan for two years thinking he was straight and I still expect him to marry a woman. I think he'll marry a 28 year old when he's in his mid 30s.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Tuesday at 5:40 PM

'@Harry_Styles’ 'Fine Line' aiming for return to the top 5 on US albums chart with 28-32K sold. It peaked at #1 for 2 weeks' (Chart Data)

This is very good for an album in its seventh month. A Grammy nom seems a real possibility this time.

by Anonymousreply 121Last Tuesday at 5:50 PM

R69, I wouldn't either.

by Anonymousreply 122Last Tuesday at 5:53 PM

He's not even a good mover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123Last Tuesday at 6:18 PM

He seems like a talented kid, but how he chooses to address or not address his sexuality comes across as coy and too cute by half for my tastes. Not that my opinion as an observer matters one whit in the scheme of things. I get it that every case is personal, and he doesn’t owe anyone fuck all about his personal life. You gotta do you. It just makes me have a greater respect and appreciation for artists like Frank Ocean and so many others before this guy, who did it differently. Maybe they’ve made it possible for the younger guys to refuse to put a label on it while putting it on full display. It is what it is, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe that’s progress.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Tuesday at 6:56 PM

Well, Frank Ocean doesn't have the same aims. He may be out but he seems ill at ease with the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 125Last Tuesday at 7:11 PM

R124 I agree. Something about the way his sexuality is addressed bugs me, but I can't quite put my finger on exactly why.

by Anonymousreply 126Last Tuesday at 7:35 PM

Perhaps the way it's all so calculated? Little from him feels natural, it all tends to feel focus-grouped. Including the gaybaiting stuff - just enough gay to delight the fans, not too gay to cause any problems, etc. The way it's used as just another marketing gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Tuesday at 7:46 PM

R27 Yes, I agree. I don't feel he should be forced to publicly declare his sexuality, but the coy and calculated way it has been handled has been annoying. That, plus the way he dresses and groons himself is a big turn off. And the way he never opens his mouth on any subject...and I'm not even talking strictly about politics. It's very hot when a celeb can speak up for themselves and be intelligent, charming, and witty in an interview. Then there's Harry. I guess it's that focus group you speak of. He's never supposed to say anything that would make someone dislike him.

by Anonymousreply 128Last Tuesday at 8:39 PM

R126 and R127 Yeah, I think that’s part of it. It bugs. Feels something like biting tinfoil. I also can’t help think of those who weren’t so fortunate to get to duck the label, no matter how wrong it may be, and ended up getting their faces rearranged for it or worse. That’s not his fault nor his responsibility to fix or even shoulder, but it’s there, and it leaves a bit of a bitter taste. I think that probably says a lot more about me than him anyway so I’ll quit yelling at that young whippersnapper to get off my lawn now.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Tuesday at 8:39 PM

I think nobody is required to publicly declare his sexuality, it's really none of our business and I've always maintained this view. However if someone makes it a central part of their brand to flirt with bisexuality/LGBT themes and aesthetics like Harry - and it's certainly perceived as "proof" of his own sexuality by his fans, as this thread proves - but then says he won't give an answer and "who cares" when asked about it in an interview... it does come across as hiding or playing coy or even just appealing to his young female fanbase tbh. Because it's very clear the fans care a lot. And even people outside of the fanbase. This whole mystery and talk about "is he or is he not" gives him headlines and notoriety and he (or at least his team) knows this.

And really, there's probably hardly a young male celebrity out there, whose coming out would be less problematic or more welcomed than Harry's. His fans are extremly LGBT friendly (as in: obsessed with the thought of him being attracted or sleeping with men) or LGBT themselves, half of the general public probably already thinks he's gay or bi due to his increasingly camp style and open support of the LGBT community (including waving pride flags every chance he gets and helping fans come out during concerts). He'd also obviously have the support of his family, friends, management, team etc. So if someone like this - in such a great position to just be open and talk about his experience - doesn't, but instead avoids it with "who cares?", it's not exactly screaming pride.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Wednesday at 4:07 PM

Honestly, if people blame his stylist for his fashion in recent years, they're doing him a favour. Because otherwise they'd have to assume he consciously chose that crap and just has no taste. At least in the past 2-3 years, because funnily enough he had quite good style (both in private and for his job) up until then and even now dresses quite normally, when he's not dolled up for promo.

by Anonymousreply 131Last Wednesday at 4:12 PM

He is gay as a goose. Total (rumored messy) power bottom. Despite his rumored lack of hygiene, he's said to be a real good fuck.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Wednesday at 4:47 PM

[quote]And really, there's probably hardly a young male celebrity out there, whose coming out would be less problematic or more welcomed than Harry's. His fans are extremly LGBT friendly (as in: obsessed with the thought of him being attracted or sleeping with men)

In theory. But many of them just use it like some kind of accessory they like. If he is gay/bi and ever did come out, I do think a lot of them would disappear.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Wednesday at 6:30 PM

I'm still annoyed at him for those pics the other day with the green army jacket and hoodie. He looked homeless. I know he is on his downtime, but when you're a star, there's no reason to go out if the house looking like that. A t-shirt, jeans, and a shave would have sufficed. He looks fucking ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 134Last Wednesday at 6:34 PM

r134 = Miss Joan Crawford

by Anonymousreply 135Last Wednesday at 6:42 PM

R133 Maybe, but he goes on about being authentic, free, open, how the fans allow him to be himself. He has said that so many times. So if he's afraid of losing fans/money for being open about an important part of his life, that he very much promotes other people to be open about, it's still not exactly the meaning of "pride" to me. To me the flag is such powerful symbol, because it means LGBT people don't hide anymore.

Of course this doesn't apply if he's just an ally and not bi/pan. I recently read about a famous singer, who came out in the 90s and said the most meaningful reactions were the letters of young LGBT fans, who said his coming out allowed them to accept themselves and/or come out to their friends and families. He called them "his gays" and how he felt protective of them. The interesting thing is that a lot of fans (often Larries) totally assumed Harry was gay even way back in 1D and I'm 100 % sure that he got such letters as well, maybe even of young fans, who said that having a gay/bi rolemodel like him saved them from suicide. Knowing Harry this probably had a powerful influence on him and I could understand if he feels protective as well and wouldn't want to take that away from them, no matter if the assumption is possibly wrong. So he might stay vague or offer this projection for the sake of those fans, even if he's not bi/pan.

by Anonymousreply 136Yesterday at 2:42 AM

That's rather overwrought, don't you think? Not to mention the fact that most Larries are straight.

by Anonymousreply 137Yesterday at 1:53 PM

Didn't he say that there's no cause that he feels compelled to speak out on....? What does that tell you? He's determined to chart a course right down the middle, where he can make the most money. Quit writing essays on him. He's not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 138Yesterday at 2:07 PM

I think it's a possibility, especially considering that 1D had a very young, impressionable fanbase. And Harry especially seemed always accepting (even encouraging) that there was a lot of projection going on (I think he once called it "mystery"). There are plenty of superfans out there that claim Harry saved their life with his message of acceptance, I've often seen comments like that.

I also think what an involved fan knows of his fan base might not what Harry might encounter. I agree, most Larries are straight and ship them for entirely different reasons, but Harry might not know that - I'm sure he doesn't seek out Larry stuff and research them lol. He probably knows about it mostly from fan letters/messages, so he might only get a certain glimpse.

by Anonymousreply 139Yesterday at 2:11 PM

[Quote] There are plenty of superfans out there that claim Harry saved their life with his message of acceptance, I've often seen comments like that.

But were those comments sincere or were they looking to get him into their DMs?

by Anonymousreply 140Yesterday at 2:12 PM

Well, if he was getting those kind of letters, it makes him seem even shittier that there was no cause he felt the need to speak out about, like R138 mentioned.

Mind you, given the sheer volume of stuff they were getting, I doubt he saw much of anything.

by Anonymousreply 141Yesterday at 2:14 PM

R140 I have no possibility of knowing if they were sincere or not. There are a lot of troubled teenagers out there, so he might have saved some, because they really thought he's LGBT like them and they felt less alone. There are also plenty of teenagers, who just want to get into his DMs, but again - how I perceive something might be different to how Harry perceives it.

R141 He certainly supported a lot of different causes over the years, he just said in that interview that he hasn't yet found that ONE cause he'd dedicate his life to, even though that's a powerful idea to him. And I guess that's understandable, although I agree that if he were LGBT that would seem like an obvious and worthy cause to me. But who knows, maybe he's looking for something else even if he's bi/pan himself.

I'm sure they got drowned in letters and messages and didn't see most of it, but they will have seen some. At the very least they'll have heard some when fans met them and talked to them. Fans often try to show how thankful they are by telling them about how they got them through a difficult time in their lives and such.

by Anonymousreply 142Yesterday at 2:23 PM

[Quote] because they really thought he's LGBT like them and they felt less alone.

Isn't it odd when there are actual gay performers out there to single out Harry Styles as your inspiration? It's hard not to conclude that they had a crush on Harry Styles and the perception of his sexuality was more about their crush than any "brotherhood."

by Anonymousreply 143Yesterday at 2:29 PM

[Quote] even though that's a powerful idea to him.

Even though he SAYS that's a powerful idea. How lovely to talk and say nothing.

by Anonymousreply 144Yesterday at 2:30 PM

R143 Yes, I think that possibly happened in a lot of cases. I don't want to assume, but I can even imagine some of the fangirls that identify as LGBT (but never had any sexual encounter or relationship yet) might still be in a phase, where they learn about themselves and their desires. And they might identify as LGBT now, because they want to feel that "kinship" with Harry. Kind of like "I might never meet him, but I have a special connection to him, because we're in the same community". It wouldn't work like that if they were both straight. I just wondered about that, because otherwise the fandom would defy any statistics on that topic.

But apart from that there were also lots of kids in the 1D fandom, so many fans might have followed the band years before they discovered their own sexuality and when they did, they might have picked the "gay" one as their fav for that kinship.

However I agree, there are many extremely talented, openly gay or bi pop/rock singers out there, that look fabulous in extravagant clothes, I don't get the fixation on Harry for that either.

by Anonymousreply 145Yesterday at 3:09 PM

[quote]However I agree, there are many extremely talented, openly gay or bi pop/rock singers out there, that look fabulous in extravagant clothes, I don't get the fixation on Harry for that either.

Because they don't like actual gay people. Actual gay people act like, well, people - and they can't have that.

Instead they like their fake gay people - because then it allows them to dismiss every single thing they don't like as being part of the "closeting". Their fav says something or does something they don't like - ah, no, their management made them say that to make them seem straight, that's not who they really are. A real life example: Larries would insist that Louis hated dressing like a chav, and that Simon Cowell forced him to do so to punish him for being gay. Because "no gay man would dress like a chav". Never mind that there's fuckloads of pictures of Louis pre-1D dressed as a chav. It's been hilarious to see those same people have to accept he actually does dress that way and pretend they like it (they now focus on how expensive his trackies are).

It also means they don't have to be jealous of the girls their fav is seen with - because they make believe it's all bearding. Of course, they still are rabidly jealous and attack these women constantly. Also, they love the idea of their fav being oppressed - cruel management forcing them into the closet. It also allows them to act like they're the only ones special enough to see the "real" fav - even down to believing their fav sends them secret messages via clothing. Or teddy bears. And no, I'm not joking.

You can also see just how much they can't stand actual gay men when a gay man disagrees with them. Richard Lawson got accused of being a self-hating gay man when he revealed he thought Larry was a joke. So too did Mark Gattis when he said Sherlock/Watson weren't gay. Or see their proof - the way they insist clothing equals gay, or the talk of a "gay wrist", so on and so forth. It's come out a few times recently in the Timothee Chalamet threads where they'll make comments about gay men not being real men and so on.

by Anonymousreply 146Yesterday at 3:49 PM

Wow, that was much longer than I intended it to be. And the scary thing is I barely even scratched the surface of their craziness. I didn't even mention the dolls...

by Anonymousreply 147Yesterday at 3:50 PM

Most regulars know the history of the batshit Larries and their rainbow bondage bears. They were all crying yesterday because Eleanor posted a picture of Louis with hearts on it.

The idea of health conscious Harry with a heavy smoker is ridiculous. Louis Floplinson has managed to sabotage what little voice he had, and was hoarse by the end of the second night of his tour (all subsequent nights were cancelled due to covid-19).

by Anonymousreply 148Yesterday at 7:59 PM

Harry and his ex-boyfriend Nick Grimshaw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149Yesterday at 9:38 PM

Harry & Nick: Puppy Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150Yesterday at 9:40 PM

Harry shot down those rumors years ago, but he was young and wanted a heterosexual image

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151a day ago

Wow, you all are really invested in Harry! I don't know who he likes to sleep with (he seems strangely detached from 'real' sex to me) but he's baiting 100%. And that is just morally wrong on many levels.

by Anonymousreply 15219 hours ago

Nick Grimshaw was the most important DJ on BBC Radio 1 (the youth oriented channel) at that time. It's no wonder that they played up their association.

by Anonymousreply 15316 hours ago

Nick shot down the rumours about Harry as well and that was already during his solo career, when Harry started "dressing gay" (and I agree with you both R146 and R148 in that regard - what did Louis call Larry? An "interesting cultural phenomenon" or something like that? Most euphemistic thign you could say about that.). Nick also said that he wasn't even aware of the extent of the rumours about their relationship until he prepared himself for Harry's solo interviews in 2017. But of all the men Harry was shipped with by fans over the years, at least Nick was a likely candidate as they were actual friends, saw each other a lot and Nick is openly gay. Not like all the other ships, where they either barely talk and/or the other guys have or had girlfriends.

About the "wanting a heterosexual image": Honestly, if either Harry or 1D's management were so concerned about that (like it's a common trope in Larry lore), then it makes no sense that Harry was allowed to be obviously BFFs with openly gay Nick. It's clear that rumours would come from that, but nobody cared. That's hardly trying to keep a heterosexual image.

Unless of course you are into big picture conspiracy theories, where Harry was allowed to publicly hang out with Nick all the time, but at the same time management bribed Lucy Horobin's ex husband to sell "fake stories" about Harry sleeping with his wife to the Sun and whatever else. Sometimes I feel the most realistic scenario is that things were actually just that: Harry and Nick were really good friends and he slept with women at the time.

by Anonymousreply 15416 hours ago

[Quote] Nick also said that he wasn't even aware of the extent of the rumours about their relationship

What a fucking liar.

[Quote] it makes no sense that Harry was allowed to be obviously BFFs with openly gay Nick.

Nobody thinks of Nick Grimshaw as a sexual being.

by Anonymousreply 15516 hours ago

PR likes the gay/bi rumors because the little Disney Princess Incest Survivors of today obsess over it. They want Harry to cuddle and bring them ice cream, so to displace the sexual factor with him they imagine him with men because they’re too repressed to imagine sex with themselves.

by Anonymousreply 15614 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!