Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry Styles: LGBT or Baiting?

His friend Kid Harpoon went on record and told Rolling Stone that he'd advised Harry to 'date women or men or whatever, get your heart broken, and write about it'. He has a song called Medicine in which he sings: 'the boys and the girls are in/I mess around with them'. One of his music videos features a man grinding on him.

Is he lgbt or just playing it up for his largely lesbian fanbase?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550November 19, 2020 11:38 AM

*G*A*Y*

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2020 5:12 PM

Bisexual now but will marry a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 5:13 PM

Straight but would let a guy blow him. He will never end up with a man, it's hilarious that fan girls think he's an actual bisexual who actively dates men. Nothing pings about him.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 5:19 PM

He was straight but he prolly got really scared when he saw Kendall Jenner‘s vagina was so loose after she had fucked so many black guys. And he felt insecure and he tried butt holes of Weho queens. 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 5:19 PM

Baiting, just like James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 5:20 PM

Who cares about this fug?

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 5:46 PM

He has been asked, he has answered. He does not claim to be bi/gay.

So when he tries to pretend otherwise it is by definition baiting

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 5:49 PM

Baiting - just like Robbie Williams.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 7:51 PM

He will never end up with a guy, but I wouldn’t question for a second that he’d fuck around with one

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 7:55 PM

who cares he's fucking ugly

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 8:01 PM

English. They all get buggered in school and then settle down in a nice middle-class life until shocking rentboy scandal pics elicit a brave confession.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 8:07 PM

He and gaybaiters like that Archie actor need to drop off the face of the earth. Such disgusting pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 8:36 PM

“We knew from talking to Harry and his creative director that they wanted to basically dedicate this song to girls and boys and sexual pleasure, it was about creating an atmosphere.” Director of his latest video, Watermelon Sugar.

Seems that he fucks guys but only dates skinny white models like Kendall and Camille Rowe.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 10:15 PM

He is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 12:59 AM

No idea, would guess bi. Very cute though, either way!

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 1:21 AM

He will fuck around with men in private. Date skinny white models in public.

In about 10 years, he will marry a young clueless, skinny white model and start a family. And continue to fuck around with men in private.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 9:10 PM

Well, he looks very young. All the boys his age play at being bisexual, don’t they, so it’s hardly newsworthy.

And I thought I read or heard somewhere years ago on a different general gossip forum that the middle-class boy in his old band was knocking him off. Tbh I’m too old for boybands and never listened to them so I don’t know his name - cubby? Poor dress sense? Short hair? This one I think:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 10:18 PM

'And I thought I read or heard somewhere years ago on a different general gossip forum that the middle-class boy in his old band was knocking him off.'

There aren't any middle class boys, let alone public school boys who got buggered at a boarding school in One Direction. All five were chavs who either left school at 16 or failed their A levels. Zayn's dad was unemployed and his mother a dinner lady. They all went to comprehensive schools, not private schools.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 10:57 PM

Harry is bisexual but heteroromantic.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2020 8:22 AM

He's a whore, darlin'

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2020 9:09 AM

He's baiting. And this isn't even a question, really. Even if he actually is gay but closeting, it'll still count as baiting, given he's not out. So it has the same impact as a straight man doing it. That said, I do believe he's straight, but I think he likes the attention he gets from not confirming either way.

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2020 9:16 AM

[quote]“We knew from talking to Harry and his creative director that they wanted to basically dedicate this song to girls and boys and sexual pleasure, it was about creating an atmosphere.” Director of his latest video, Watermelon Sugar.

Given it's clearly about eating pussy it's obviously not meant to be that inclusive.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2020 9:18 AM

Scabby little baker boys were ever the same. If this were the 18th Century he’d be smuggling iced buns to various village milkmaids in exchange for a knob-polishing, and throwing stones at cats on the way there. And we wouldn’t know his name.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 12:55 PM

Obviously straight and gaybaiting.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 2:54 PM

Someone on Twitter is claiming to have leaked nudes of DL faves Harry Styles and Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 4:58 AM

I am a Larry shipper, a Larry believer if you will.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 5:08 AM

Is this about the hiking with Brandon Flynn rumors?

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2020 6:26 AM

oh emm gee ! Harry and Timotay are hooking-up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2020 12:27 PM

I’m an elder gay and I love his new album. Really greasy and beautiful. As is he. He certainly dresses flamboyantly, and I like that too

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2020 1:03 PM

R28 They're protected their tweets, what did it say?

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2020 9:17 PM

'I’m an elder gay and I love his new album. Really greasy and beautiful. As is he. He certainly dresses flamboyantly, and I like that too'

Love this description. His album has sold over 2.2m worldwide already, in just six months.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2020 2:19 AM

The guy is obviously gay. It's surprising that 99% of Datalounge is convinced he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2020 6:15 PM

The funny thing is I have 0% interest in this guy. I missed whatever band he was launched in and rarely listen to music today to have heard his recent stuff. The first time I saw him much at all was last year’s Met Gala and he seemed completely out of his league and there was nothing interesting or impressive about his cothes that warranted him being an organizer of this event. His grooming looked very off too.

If he was chosen because he is the equivalent of a modern day Bowie, I don’t buy that. Bowie was deadly serious in his looks and nothing about Camp. Did they just need a male equivalent music star as a compliment to Gaga? If so that Brendan or Brandon from the Panic at the Disco band would have been better or even Brandon Flowers. Or they just should have gone with Elton John.

But now my little peanut Brandon Flynn might be involved so I may need to do a need dive and learn more about him. Maybe if I think of him as Dominic Cooper’s not as attractive little brother I might be able to rally some interest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2020 7:10 PM

R33 He was a co-chair because he has a deal with Gucci and Gucci were sponsoring the event.

So what are these Brandon Flynn rumours? And the Chalamet rumours?

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2020 8:07 PM

R34 Supposedly he was seen hiking with Brandon multiple times in the Santa Monica mountains, check the Brandon threads for more, but as of yet no photographic evidence.

Ugh, the Met Gala and how it sponsors its fashion exhibitions is so corrupt in allowing designer houses to back exhibitions. It’s not like having an insurance company sponsor an O’Keefe exhibit, there is too much quid pro quo going on there. Part of it is the fact that the Met relies on this outdated idea that the fashion collections and exhibits need to pay for themselves, they don’t do this to Arms and Armor or even Musical Instruments, which could be ripe for something similar.

They just need to just budget in that department and fund them like all the others to regain some level ethics in the matter. It’s sad because Fashion collections are the bastard child of art museums. The Brooklyn Museum couldn’t even afford to hold on to their collection and maintain its preservation and ended up surrendering it to the Met since their model drew in big enough bucks to sustain it. I wonder what having a non Gala this year will do to it? And the Met is in deep financial crisis as it and the exhibition schedule have been thrown off or scraped completely because of what occurred.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2020 8:26 PM

I doubt Wintour would be happy with giving up her power over the Institute, or her power in high society which the Gala gives her. And I doubt they much care about ethics.

I just wish they'd police the theme. Have a line of fashon queens on the red carpet and turn away anyone not dressed to the theme. Of course, that would mean La Wintour would likely get turned away too.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote]He was a co-chair because he has a deal with Gucci and Gucci were sponsoring the event.

Which is why his Met Gala attire was such a disappointment. He didn't even achieve the theme. Alessandro Michele/ Gucci did better by Jared Leto and Lana Del Rey in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2020 8:43 PM

I wonder if what he ended up wearing was a back up outfit. I think he's okay wearing some ridiculous stuff when he's on stage, but when he's going to be around his celebrity friends he didn't have the nerve to go with it - would also explain why he so quickly changed outfits from his bland red carpet one to the even blander white shirt and bow tie.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2020 9:39 PM

He is an odd duck for sure. Does not seem too into women, but nothing pings much for me either... def baiting though to a disturbing degree. Shit or get off the pot Harry!

I guess he is still younger than his age and hasn't 'found himself', being pampered by everybody from a very young age. He grew up going along with whatever his team tells him to do/wear/say and it shows. A lot. Looking at his 'friends', he's got daddy issues, too. Interesting from a psychologist perspective, anyway, I'm reminding myself that some people are just not that deep.

To end on a positive note: I totally would!

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2020 12:51 PM

He's dating Brandon Flynn!

by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2020 7:59 AM

R34 those rumors are coming from one unhinged Harry fan. She’ll probably infiltrate this thread too. Harry is straight and they have never even met.

by Anonymousreply 41June 9, 2020 10:04 AM

I thought Brandon was with this GoT guy?

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote]I thought Brandon was with this GoT guy?

you're a little behind

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2020 1:45 PM

I think he plays gay to get the rabid fangirls off his back. What he does in private? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2020 1:50 PM

R40 is an obsessed frau nutcase:

[quote]Brandon is dating Harry Styles.

[quote]Harry is quarantined with Jeff in LA in this grave time of plague. Will he do a live concert from home, as Post Malone did last night?

[quote]Styles is HOT.

[quote]Nobody has passed HS around. He's been a multimillionaire since he was 18 and does what the fuck he likes. He is well muscled these days and could probably break Brandon in two.

[quote]Harry is Brandon's best catch yet. Richer than Sam and better looking than Richard. He won't be out and proud with Brandon though unfortuately.

[quote]Brandon and Harry Styles are hooking up!

[quote]His friend Kid Harpoon went on record and told Rolling Stone that he'd advised Harry to 'date women or men or whatever, get your heart broken, and write about it'. He has a song called Medicine in which he sings: 'the boys and the girls are in/I mess around with them'. One of his music videos features a man grinding on him.

[quote]Harry Styles is better looking and more successful than Froy or Brandon. He's in LA so Richard should consider him for his next twink.

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2020 1:58 PM

[quote]LGBT or Baiting ???

Homophobic much? Was saying the word GAY or Bisexual too much of a pain for you OP?

A person cannot be 4 things at once. A lesbian, a Gay man, a Bisexual man, and Transgender ( woman???).

OP must think Harry is some sort of mutant.

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2020 2:08 PM

R43 I'm embarrassed now, getting old I guess. Anyway Brandon does nothing for me, maybe that's why...

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2020 2:13 PM

Straight. Gaybaiting. Sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2020 2:16 PM

R23 expressed it perfectly. This child is simply doing what an utterly cynical PR machine Tells him to do, to manipulate a pubescent girl/silly queen fan base

by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2020 2:53 PM

R44 Probably the contrary, his fanbase loves the idea of him being gay and his "genderfluid" style. They already made fan art of him with men or wearing dresses long before he played around with ambiguity and was still considered the rock star of 1D (and dressed like this), who liked to chase beautiful women.

He might have "messed around" and experimented some like most Hollywood types, but seems to me like he prefers women. It's also funny how the fans bang on that he finally discovered his true self now, both in terms of sexuality and personal style, but he doesn't really dress very flamboyantly or genderfluid when he's in private and the only confirmed relationships and flings were with women.

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2020 5:09 PM

Is Harry Styles the Richard Madden of music?

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2020 7:38 PM

Why, R51?

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2020 8:16 PM

Well DL fave Harry Styles has now joined the list of celebrities accused of sexual assault on Twitter and it's being claimed that some Harry of "fans" are deliberately trying to target the other former members of 1D in an effort to try to tarnish them by making up false stories about them.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2020 1:02 AM

The girl accused him of being in a London hotel when he was in France filming Dunkirk. She also showed a picture of him from 2013 and claimed it was from 2016. She then came onto twitter and retracted the whole thing. Since Bieber tweeted about suing his accuser, the fake rape hoes are running scared.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2020 12:28 AM

His face is very FTM 🤢

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2020 12:41 AM

I think R16 has it just about right

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2020 12:50 AM

I'm so over this guy. I don't like how he completely ignores his fans. Does he care, or are they only money to him? Fans only gets pics of him walking around dressed like fucking idiot, with a beard he needs to shave.

by Anonymousreply 57June 29, 2020 8:59 PM

Boy ain't straight. Not saying he's gay though, probably bi.

by Anonymousreply 58June 29, 2020 9:04 PM

Would someone who wants to attract men pose like this? So unflattering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 29, 2020 9:38 PM

No thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 29, 2020 9:39 PM

Not a fan of his body, especially because of the tats. But he's got an attractive face.

by Anonymousreply 61June 29, 2020 9:43 PM

I don't get the face either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 29, 2020 9:46 PM

Straight, but will alter his public persona per Jeff Azoff’s instruction.

by Anonymousreply 63June 29, 2020 10:21 PM

'I don't like how he completely ignores his fans. '

Aw, poor little spazzy fanfrau, doesn't he tweet you like fat Niall does? You sound about twelve. Harry wants his socials to look professional for all his many new fans. Niall's are a mess, full of narcissistic photos of his flabby bare chest and him saying 'fuck' and agreeing with fans that he looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 64June 29, 2020 10:51 PM

Gross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 29, 2020 10:55 PM

HOT as HELL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 29, 2020 11:14 PM

”i have the biggest soft spot for niall’s tummy” Wtf 😂

by Anonymousreply 67June 30, 2020 2:25 AM

Out of focus is so flattering, r66.

by Anonymousreply 68June 30, 2020 2:26 AM

He looks like a hobo in those recent pics. As if he is actively trying to be unattraktive (which he isn't).

At this point, I wouldn't. And that is saying sth after months of quarentine.

by Anonymousreply 69June 30, 2020 7:01 PM

Not gay baiting as much as stealing our culture and using it to profit because idiotic tweenage girls love fawning over men in touch with their "feminine sides".

by Anonymousreply 70June 30, 2020 7:45 PM

Why are they idiotic?

by Anonymousreply 71June 30, 2020 7:47 PM

Yes, he looks a bit homeless in these recent photos lol. But most of it is just him avoiding to get recognised immediately (hoodie, sunglasses..) And honestly, I still prefer this look over the silly stuff he started to wear on stage and during promo this era. It might be a little too.. let's call it "low key", but at least he doesn't seem like someone used him as a weird dress up doll.

by Anonymousreply 72June 30, 2020 7:48 PM

R71 Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 73June 30, 2020 7:48 PM

[Quote] Delusional.

I'm sure you were delusional at that age too.

by Anonymousreply 74June 30, 2020 8:07 PM

I get the appeal. I'm not proud of it. But yeah.

by Anonymousreply 75June 30, 2020 9:06 PM

[Quote] I get the appeal. I'm not proud of it. But yeah.

What is the appeal? He'll take all cummers?

by Anonymousreply 76June 30, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote]I don't like how he completely ignores his fans

They deserve it, as do all the fans of the 1D boys. They were so low-effort in their shows. Lip-syncing, no dancing, they just walked around the stage, sat down, even eating on stage. If your standards are so low that you buy tickets to that kind of shit you deserve to be taken advantage of.

by Anonymousreply 77June 30, 2020 9:38 PM

Since he started his solo career he's been playing up the androgynous persona. I actually like some of his music and for the most part it's well received critically. He's most likely straight with perhaps some bisexual tendencies, so he may dabble with the occasional guy. The tats destroy the possibility of his being attractive.

by Anonymousreply 78June 30, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote]The face destroys the possibility of his being attractive

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 79June 30, 2020 9:41 PM

R79 His face is fine. I disagree

by Anonymousreply 80June 30, 2020 9:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 30, 2020 9:53 PM

He looks like he smells.

by Anonymousreply 82June 30, 2020 10:20 PM

R82 Someone on another thread said he apparently rarely bathes and is proud of it.

R80 I will admit I found him attractive up until he cut his hair for Dunkirk.

by Anonymousreply 83June 30, 2020 11:20 PM

Unbathed and horrible tats. What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 84June 30, 2020 11:41 PM

His bisexuality is visible from space. Medicine lyrics, his best friend Tom Hull telling him to date 'women AND men', all the queer support acts he employs, his Pride merchandise, a T shirt saying 'I want to fellate George Harrison', another Keith Haring T shirt with two men giving each other hand jobs. It's been obvious since he wore a jersey to support Michael Sam in front of a crowd of 40k when he was only 19 years old.

by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2020 12:25 AM

Harry Styles has a great physique and a highly photogenic face, which is why Gucci selected him to front four campaigns instead of choosing stars with more followers and fans like Drake or Ed Sheeran. His face has an unusual combination of high cheekbones, sharp jawline, large green eyes and full lips that curve up at the corners. Lovely thick dark wavy hair too. 6 foot tall with long legs, broad shoulders, well muscled back and arms.

There are some ex Larries who come on here saying Harry smells and is ugly. They're just sore that he broke up One DIrection and was never seen with Louis again. He spoilt their fun. The DL Welp Troll in particular hates him with the fury of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2020 12:31 AM

Harry follows a lot of gay/bi men below his level of fame on Instagram. His social media follows, in fact, are typical of out of glass-closeted celebrities. I personally think he's gay or quelque chose de pareil.

by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2020 12:32 AM

The lips at r81 are full?! In what universe?

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2020 12:33 AM

[Quote] Harry follows a lot of gay/bi men below his level of fame on Instagram.

Give us a list of names.

by Anonymousreply 89July 1, 2020 12:34 AM

R85 Literally everything you just listed falls under gaybaiting

by Anonymousreply 90July 1, 2020 12:41 AM

[quote]His social media follows, in fact, are typical of out of glass-closeted celebrities

I meant, "out [bold]or[/bold] glass closeted celebrities."

Gay men who make more of an effort to be closeted, tend to have similar follows as straight men.

by Anonymousreply 91July 1, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote]There are some ex Larries who come on here saying Harry smells and is ugly

Sure, it's only ex Larries that could possibly think that.

Do you realise that everytime you resort to this kind of 'argument' it just shows everyone how insecure you are?

by Anonymousreply 92July 1, 2020 12:44 AM

Hilarious that the Harry haters here think someone who dresses like this is straight whilst also posting about Timmy Chalamet and Shawn Mendes being closeted and bearding furiously. It's so fucking typical of Datalounge fraus to ignore an actual bi guy and try and make out he's gay baiting, whilst focusing yet again on the het guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 1, 2020 12:47 AM

Imagine actually trying to call other posters fraus whilst maintaining someone must be gay because of the way their stylist dresses them.

If you wanna play that game, R93, the way he dresses when someone else isn't picking his clothes proves he's straight. See how that works?

And unless he actually comes out, you don't get to call him an "actual bi guy".

by Anonymousreply 94July 1, 2020 12:49 AM

'Do you realise that everytime you resort to this kind of 'argument' it just shows everyone how insecure you are?'

Do you realise how readily you identify yourself as a tumblr fraulein by referring to how 'insecure' another poster is? You sound about 15.

by Anonymousreply 95July 1, 2020 12:51 AM

[Quote] to ignore an actual bi guy

He has stated that he's not. Find another hero.

by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2020 12:52 AM

[quote]You sound about 15.

Says the person stanning Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 97July 1, 2020 12:53 AM

Even in casual wear there's camp touches. He also isn't 'told' what to wear - he scours the fashion magazines for various looks from the men's and women's collection. Anyone who believes he is being ordered what to wear or is doing everything for PR is, yet again, one of those tragic fandom conspiracy theorists. A Larrie gone rancid through lack of content.

by Anonymousreply 98July 1, 2020 12:55 AM

R98 So you're claiming he doesn't have a stylist?

by Anonymousreply 99July 1, 2020 12:56 AM

'He has stated that he's not. Find another hero.'

When he was 19 years old, under duress in an interview. Since then he sang about messing around with boys and girls in a song. You are the same person who thought he was gay for Louis all those years, aren't you? Sad that Louis turned out to be an ugly racist homophobic little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 100July 1, 2020 12:57 AM

Also, once again you'll note that R98 has to resort to strawmen and ad hominem arguments because they can't make their original claim stand up.

by Anonymousreply 101July 1, 2020 12:58 AM

15 year olds are stanning Mendes and BTS these days. Styles gets laughed at on TikTok for dressing like an old man. Most Styles fans are in their 20s now. He also has a huge number of older lesbians who adore him.

by Anonymousreply 102July 1, 2020 1:03 AM

R102 Actual lesbians? Or weirdo Tumblr "lesbians" who just pretend to be lesbians so they can pretend not to be attracted to him (whilst doing nothing but posting photos, fanart and fanfic about him)?

by Anonymousreply 103July 1, 2020 1:05 AM

Note that R101 resorts to identifying methods of argument rather than making an actual point to prove that Styles is straight. The man is bisexual but he isn't gay for Louis, so she can't forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 104July 1, 2020 1:05 AM

'Actual lesbians? Or weirdo Tumblr "lesbians" who just pretend to be lesbians so they can pretend not to be attracted to him (whilst doing nothing but posting photos, fanart and fanfic about him)?'

Plenty of older lesbians in their 40s and 50s. They go to the concerts with their girlfriends and post pictures. Usually overweight and looking pretty sad in his merch, but they have a lot more money to spend than the younger ones. He played to 900k people on his last world tour.

by Anonymousreply 105July 1, 2020 1:08 AM

'So you're claiming he doesn't have a stylist?'

Lambert doesn't 'tell' Harry Styles what to wear, for fuck's sake. He offers some options and they look at the collections together. The little guy getting paid a few hundred grand a year ordering the popstar worth 80m around? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 106July 1, 2020 1:10 AM

R104 It'll be fun when you check out my post history and realise just how wrong you are about me. Weird though that you seem to be saying I think he's both straight and gay for Louis?

Given he clearly presents himself as straight, I don't need to prove anything. You're the one with the alternative view, so you're the one who needs to prove it. The fact you keep up with the ad hominems is a pretty big suggestion that you can't.

[quote]Note that [R101] resorts to identifying methods of argument

They're logical fallacies. The fact you think they're methods of argument is - well, the entire point.

by Anonymousreply 107July 1, 2020 1:10 AM

R106 Literally no-one thinks that stylists order their clients around. It's yet another strawman you made up.

by Anonymousreply 108July 1, 2020 1:11 AM

'They're logical fallacies'

Ad hominem attacks aren't logical fallacies. you dummy, Do you think by using all these high school debate terms you're sounding intellectual?

I've already outlined all the different ways Styles has signalled that he is bisexual, including okaying an interview with his best friend Tom Hull for Rolling Stone, in which Hull tells him to 'date women and MEN'. You dismissed all of it as gay baiting yet have no proof at all that he is straight, because when he was asked if he was straight he said he didn't label his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 109July 1, 2020 1:19 AM

'Literally no-one thinks that stylists order their clients around'

You said HS was 'told' what to wear, so who's telling him, if not his stylist? Your habit of identifying strawmen arguments instead of actually providing an argument makes you very tedious to debate with. It seems you have nothing to say.

by Anonymousreply 110July 1, 2020 1:21 AM

Well now a fan of Harry's has been accused of deliberately outing a young girl to her parents because she happened to be a fan of one of the other former members of 1D.

by Anonymousreply 111July 1, 2020 1:21 AM

R109 So you've got nothing then.

R110 So, his stylist chooses the outfits. Given he actually ends up wearing the stuff, he clearly doesn't have any taste, otherwise he'd refuse.

I have another question for you - why not just stan an actual out gay or bi man? It's quite clear that's the most important aspect of Styles to you - the way you're going so over the top trying to make it so. Why go to all that effort when you could just change your fav to one who is actually out?

by Anonymousreply 112July 1, 2020 1:23 AM

'Well now a fan of Harry's has been accused of deliberately outing a young girl to her parents because she happened to be a fan of one of the other former members of 1D.'

This was proven to be an illiterate fan of Louis and Niall called Nicole who had a history of outing people in the fandom. The girl was already out to her parents anyway.

by Anonymousreply 113July 1, 2020 1:23 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 1, 2020 1:25 AM

R112, he is an actual bisexual man. He is also charming, charismatic, attractive, has great vocals, is intriguing and engaging. I've liked him for five years. Not changing any time soon. I also like Sam Smith, Troye Sivan and Olly Alexander so I am a fan of other out lgbt artists.

by Anonymousreply 115July 1, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote]he is an actual bisexual man

Except he isn't. Again, until he comes out as such, you're just as bad as those fangirls who stan a made up version of their fav, rather than the actual person.

by Anonymousreply 116July 1, 2020 1:27 AM

[Quote] he is an actual bisexual man.

How dare you label him!

by Anonymousreply 117July 1, 2020 1:31 AM

R116, if he comes out as straight tomorrow I will be more than happy, because it means I'll see him marry a woman and have bio kids that look like him and his wife. I used to think he was straight up until he wrote Medicine. Didn't expect that, did you?

by Anonymousreply 118July 1, 2020 1:31 AM

R118 Because a gay man can't have "bio kids"? You do realise that when you say shit like that and insist he must be gay because of the way he dresses it's as good as writing "I'm a homophobic frau", right?

by Anonymousreply 119July 1, 2020 1:35 AM

I knew you were going to say that. A man can't have a kid that's half his and half his wife's if he's with a man, bitch. But I hope you took my main point, which is that I was his fan for two years thinking he was straight and I still expect him to marry a woman. I think he'll marry a 28 year old when he's in his mid 30s.

by Anonymousreply 120July 1, 2020 1:40 AM

'@Harry_Styles’ 'Fine Line' aiming for return to the top 5 on US albums chart with 28-32K sold. It peaked at #1 for 2 weeks' (Chart Data)

This is very good for an album in its seventh month. A Grammy nom seems a real possibility this time.

by Anonymousreply 121July 1, 2020 1:50 AM

R69, I wouldn't either.

by Anonymousreply 122July 1, 2020 1:53 AM

He's not even a good mover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 1, 2020 2:18 AM

He seems like a talented kid, but how he chooses to address or not address his sexuality comes across as coy and too cute by half for my tastes. Not that my opinion as an observer matters one whit in the scheme of things. I get it that every case is personal, and he doesn’t owe anyone fuck all about his personal life. You gotta do you. It just makes me have a greater respect and appreciation for artists like Frank Ocean and so many others before this guy, who did it differently. Maybe they’ve made it possible for the younger guys to refuse to put a label on it while putting it on full display. It is what it is, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe that’s progress.

by Anonymousreply 124July 1, 2020 2:56 AM

Well, Frank Ocean doesn't have the same aims. He may be out but he seems ill at ease with the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 125July 1, 2020 3:11 AM

R124 I agree. Something about the way his sexuality is addressed bugs me, but I can't quite put my finger on exactly why.

by Anonymousreply 126July 1, 2020 3:35 AM

Perhaps the way it's all so calculated? Little from him feels natural, it all tends to feel focus-grouped. Including the gaybaiting stuff - just enough gay to delight the fans, not too gay to cause any problems, etc. The way it's used as just another marketing gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 127July 1, 2020 3:46 AM

R27 Yes, I agree. I don't feel he should be forced to publicly declare his sexuality, but the coy and calculated way it has been handled has been annoying. That, plus the way he dresses and groons himself is a big turn off. And the way he never opens his mouth on any subject...and I'm not even talking strictly about politics. It's very hot when a celeb can speak up for themselves and be intelligent, charming, and witty in an interview. Then there's Harry. I guess it's that focus group you speak of. He's never supposed to say anything that would make someone dislike him.

by Anonymousreply 128July 1, 2020 4:39 AM

R126 and R127 Yeah, I think that’s part of it. It bugs. Feels something like biting tinfoil. I also can’t help think of those who weren’t so fortunate to get to duck the label, no matter how wrong it may be, and ended up getting their faces rearranged for it or worse. That’s not his fault nor his responsibility to fix or even shoulder, but it’s there, and it leaves a bit of a bitter taste. I think that probably says a lot more about me than him anyway so I’ll quit yelling at that young whippersnapper to get off my lawn now.

by Anonymousreply 129July 1, 2020 4:39 AM

I think nobody is required to publicly declare his sexuality, it's really none of our business and I've always maintained this view. However if someone makes it a central part of their brand to flirt with bisexuality/LGBT themes and aesthetics like Harry - and it's certainly perceived as "proof" of his own sexuality by his fans, as this thread proves - but then says he won't give an answer and "who cares" when asked about it in an interview... it does come across as hiding or playing coy or even just appealing to his young female fanbase tbh. Because it's very clear the fans care a lot. And even people outside of the fanbase. This whole mystery and talk about "is he or is he not" gives him headlines and notoriety and he (or at least his team) knows this.

And really, there's probably hardly a young male celebrity out there, whose coming out would be less problematic or more welcomed than Harry's. His fans are extremly LGBT friendly (as in: obsessed with the thought of him being attracted or sleeping with men) or LGBT themselves, half of the general public probably already thinks he's gay or bi due to his increasingly camp style and open support of the LGBT community (including waving pride flags every chance he gets and helping fans come out during concerts). He'd also obviously have the support of his family, friends, management, team etc. So if someone like this - in such a great position to just be open and talk about his experience - doesn't, but instead avoids it with "who cares?", it's not exactly screaming pride.

by Anonymousreply 130July 2, 2020 12:07 AM

Honestly, if people blame his stylist for his fashion in recent years, they're doing him a favour. Because otherwise they'd have to assume he consciously chose that crap and just has no taste. At least in the past 2-3 years, because funnily enough he had quite good style (both in private and for his job) up until then and even now dresses quite normally, when he's not dolled up for promo.

by Anonymousreply 131July 2, 2020 12:12 AM

He is gay as a goose. Total (rumored messy) power bottom. Despite his rumored lack of hygiene, he's said to be a real good fuck.

by Anonymousreply 132July 2, 2020 12:47 AM

[quote]And really, there's probably hardly a young male celebrity out there, whose coming out would be less problematic or more welcomed than Harry's. His fans are extremly LGBT friendly (as in: obsessed with the thought of him being attracted or sleeping with men)

In theory. But many of them just use it like some kind of accessory they like. If he is gay/bi and ever did come out, I do think a lot of them would disappear.

by Anonymousreply 133July 2, 2020 2:30 AM

I'm still annoyed at him for those pics the other day with the green army jacket and hoodie. He looked homeless. I know he is on his downtime, but when you're a star, there's no reason to go out if the house looking like that. A t-shirt, jeans, and a shave would have sufficed. He looks fucking ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 134July 2, 2020 2:34 AM

r134 = Miss Joan Crawford

by Anonymousreply 135July 2, 2020 2:42 AM

R133 Maybe, but he goes on about being authentic, free, open, how the fans allow him to be himself. He has said that so many times. So if he's afraid of losing fans/money for being open about an important part of his life, that he very much promotes other people to be open about, it's still not exactly the meaning of "pride" to me. To me the flag is such powerful symbol, because it means LGBT people don't hide anymore.

Of course this doesn't apply if he's just an ally and not bi/pan. I recently read about a famous singer, who came out in the 90s and said the most meaningful reactions were the letters of young LGBT fans, who said his coming out allowed them to accept themselves and/or come out to their friends and families. He called them "his gays" and how he felt protective of them. The interesting thing is that a lot of fans (often Larries) totally assumed Harry was gay even way back in 1D and I'm 100 % sure that he got such letters as well, maybe even of young fans, who said that having a gay/bi rolemodel like him saved them from suicide. Knowing Harry this probably had a powerful influence on him and I could understand if he feels protective as well and wouldn't want to take that away from them, no matter if the assumption is possibly wrong. So he might stay vague or offer this projection for the sake of those fans, even if he's not bi/pan.

by Anonymousreply 136July 2, 2020 10:42 AM

That's rather overwrought, don't you think? Not to mention the fact that most Larries are straight.

by Anonymousreply 137July 2, 2020 9:53 PM

Didn't he say that there's no cause that he feels compelled to speak out on....? What does that tell you? He's determined to chart a course right down the middle, where he can make the most money. Quit writing essays on him. He's not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 138July 2, 2020 10:07 PM

I think it's a possibility, especially considering that 1D had a very young, impressionable fanbase. And Harry especially seemed always accepting (even encouraging) that there was a lot of projection going on (I think he once called it "mystery"). There are plenty of superfans out there that claim Harry saved their life with his message of acceptance, I've often seen comments like that.

I also think what an involved fan knows of his fan base might not what Harry might encounter. I agree, most Larries are straight and ship them for entirely different reasons, but Harry might not know that - I'm sure he doesn't seek out Larry stuff and research them lol. He probably knows about it mostly from fan letters/messages, so he might only get a certain glimpse.

by Anonymousreply 139July 2, 2020 10:11 PM

[Quote] There are plenty of superfans out there that claim Harry saved their life with his message of acceptance, I've often seen comments like that.

But were those comments sincere or were they looking to get him into their DMs?

by Anonymousreply 140July 2, 2020 10:12 PM

Well, if he was getting those kind of letters, it makes him seem even shittier that there was no cause he felt the need to speak out about, like R138 mentioned.

Mind you, given the sheer volume of stuff they were getting, I doubt he saw much of anything.

by Anonymousreply 141July 2, 2020 10:14 PM

R140 I have no possibility of knowing if they were sincere or not. There are a lot of troubled teenagers out there, so he might have saved some, because they really thought he's LGBT like them and they felt less alone. There are also plenty of teenagers, who just want to get into his DMs, but again - how I perceive something might be different to how Harry perceives it.

R141 He certainly supported a lot of different causes over the years, he just said in that interview that he hasn't yet found that ONE cause he'd dedicate his life to, even though that's a powerful idea to him. And I guess that's understandable, although I agree that if he were LGBT that would seem like an obvious and worthy cause to me. But who knows, maybe he's looking for something else even if he's bi/pan himself.

I'm sure they got drowned in letters and messages and didn't see most of it, but they will have seen some. At the very least they'll have heard some when fans met them and talked to them. Fans often try to show how thankful they are by telling them about how they got them through a difficult time in their lives and such.

by Anonymousreply 142July 2, 2020 10:23 PM

[Quote] because they really thought he's LGBT like them and they felt less alone.

Isn't it odd when there are actual gay performers out there to single out Harry Styles as your inspiration? It's hard not to conclude that they had a crush on Harry Styles and the perception of his sexuality was more about their crush than any "brotherhood."

by Anonymousreply 143July 2, 2020 10:29 PM

[Quote] even though that's a powerful idea to him.

Even though he SAYS that's a powerful idea. How lovely to talk and say nothing.

by Anonymousreply 144July 2, 2020 10:30 PM

R143 Yes, I think that possibly happened in a lot of cases. I don't want to assume, but I can even imagine some of the fangirls that identify as LGBT (but never had any sexual encounter or relationship yet) might still be in a phase, where they learn about themselves and their desires. And they might identify as LGBT now, because they want to feel that "kinship" with Harry. Kind of like "I might never meet him, but I have a special connection to him, because we're in the same community". It wouldn't work like that if they were both straight. I just wondered about that, because otherwise the fandom would defy any statistics on that topic.

But apart from that there were also lots of kids in the 1D fandom, so many fans might have followed the band years before they discovered their own sexuality and when they did, they might have picked the "gay" one as their fav for that kinship.

However I agree, there are many extremely talented, openly gay or bi pop/rock singers out there, that look fabulous in extravagant clothes, I don't get the fixation on Harry for that either.

by Anonymousreply 145July 2, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote]However I agree, there are many extremely talented, openly gay or bi pop/rock singers out there, that look fabulous in extravagant clothes, I don't get the fixation on Harry for that either.

Because they don't like actual gay people. Actual gay people act like, well, people - and they can't have that.

Instead they like their fake gay people - because then it allows them to dismiss every single thing they don't like as being part of the "closeting". Their fav says something or does something they don't like - ah, no, their management made them say that to make them seem straight, that's not who they really are. A real life example: Larries would insist that Louis hated dressing like a chav, and that Simon Cowell forced him to do so to punish him for being gay. Because "no gay man would dress like a chav". Never mind that there's fuckloads of pictures of Louis pre-1D dressed as a chav. It's been hilarious to see those same people have to accept he actually does dress that way and pretend they like it (they now focus on how expensive his trackies are).

It also means they don't have to be jealous of the girls their fav is seen with - because they make believe it's all bearding. Of course, they still are rabidly jealous and attack these women constantly. Also, they love the idea of their fav being oppressed - cruel management forcing them into the closet. It also allows them to act like they're the only ones special enough to see the "real" fav - even down to believing their fav sends them secret messages via clothing. Or teddy bears. And no, I'm not joking.

You can also see just how much they can't stand actual gay men when a gay man disagrees with them. Richard Lawson got accused of being a self-hating gay man when he revealed he thought Larry was a joke. So too did Mark Gattis when he said Sherlock/Watson weren't gay. Or see their proof - the way they insist clothing equals gay, or the talk of a "gay wrist", so on and so forth. It's come out a few times recently in the Timothee Chalamet threads where they'll make comments about gay men not being real men and so on.

by Anonymousreply 146July 2, 2020 11:49 PM

Wow, that was much longer than I intended it to be. And the scary thing is I barely even scratched the surface of their craziness. I didn't even mention the dolls...

by Anonymousreply 147July 2, 2020 11:50 PM

Most regulars know the history of the batshit Larries and their rainbow bondage bears. They were all crying yesterday because Eleanor posted a picture of Louis with hearts on it.

The idea of health conscious Harry with a heavy smoker is ridiculous. Louis Floplinson has managed to sabotage what little voice he had, and was hoarse by the end of the second night of his tour (all subsequent nights were cancelled due to covid-19).

by Anonymousreply 148July 3, 2020 3:59 AM

Harry and his ex-boyfriend Nick Grimshaw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 3, 2020 5:38 AM

Harry & Nick: Puppy Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 3, 2020 5:40 AM

Harry shot down those rumors years ago, but he was young and wanted a heterosexual image

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 3, 2020 6:26 AM

Wow, you all are really invested in Harry! I don't know who he likes to sleep with (he seems strangely detached from 'real' sex to me) but he's baiting 100%. And that is just morally wrong on many levels.

by Anonymousreply 152July 3, 2020 12:03 PM

Nick Grimshaw was the most important DJ on BBC Radio 1 (the youth oriented channel) at that time. It's no wonder that they played up their association.

by Anonymousreply 153July 3, 2020 2:26 PM

Nick shot down the rumours about Harry as well and that was already during his solo career, when Harry started "dressing gay" (and I agree with you both R146 and R148 in that regard - what did Louis call Larry? An "interesting cultural phenomenon" or something like that? Most euphemistic thign you could say about that.). Nick also said that he wasn't even aware of the extent of the rumours about their relationship until he prepared himself for Harry's solo interviews in 2017. But of all the men Harry was shipped with by fans over the years, at least Nick was a likely candidate as they were actual friends, saw each other a lot and Nick is openly gay. Not like all the other ships, where they either barely talk and/or the other guys have or had girlfriends.

About the "wanting a heterosexual image": Honestly, if either Harry or 1D's management were so concerned about that (like it's a common trope in Larry lore), then it makes no sense that Harry was allowed to be obviously BFFs with openly gay Nick. It's clear that rumours would come from that, but nobody cared. That's hardly trying to keep a heterosexual image.

Unless of course you are into big picture conspiracy theories, where Harry was allowed to publicly hang out with Nick all the time, but at the same time management bribed Lucy Horobin's ex husband to sell "fake stories" about Harry sleeping with his wife to the Sun and whatever else. Sometimes I feel the most realistic scenario is that things were actually just that: Harry and Nick were really good friends and he slept with women at the time.

by Anonymousreply 154July 3, 2020 2:41 PM

[Quote] Nick also said that he wasn't even aware of the extent of the rumours about their relationship

What a fucking liar.

[Quote] it makes no sense that Harry was allowed to be obviously BFFs with openly gay Nick.

Nobody thinks of Nick Grimshaw as a sexual being.

by Anonymousreply 155July 3, 2020 2:44 PM

PR likes the gay/bi rumors because the little Disney Princess Incest Survivors of today obsess over it. They want Harry to cuddle and bring them ice cream, so to displace the sexual factor with him they imagine him with men because they’re too repressed to imagine sex with themselves.

by Anonymousreply 156July 3, 2020 5:14 PM

Harry does have a nice mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 8, 2020 1:18 AM

Seriously. It's clear as day the guy is gay. He must have some spell cast so that even the most advanced gaydar on Datalounge is unable to detect him.

by Anonymousreply 158July 8, 2020 7:17 AM

He's a typical bisexual of his generation. As most artists as a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 159July 8, 2020 7:37 AM

BTW he's a typical bisexual leaning toward same sex.

by Anonymousreply 160July 8, 2020 7:38 AM

It is what it is.

Just be honest Harry, people are getting tired of the 'no label' shtick. And lying to silly teenage girls is mean, remember you were a teenage girl once, too. Having more money than you could ever spend, being true to yourself should be a priority now. Nothing will ever feel better, I know what I'm talking about. Not necessarily a public coming out, but at least stop baiting.

by Anonymousreply 161July 8, 2020 12:51 PM

Styles is [bold]STILL[/bold] straight and gay baiting.

by Anonymousreply 162July 8, 2020 1:24 PM

Well, not sure but he should stop with the baiting either way.

by Anonymousreply 163July 8, 2020 1:36 PM

r70 means "appropriation."

by Anonymousreply 164July 8, 2020 8:40 PM

Why should he come out and have the invasive UK tabloids call him 'bisexual Harry Styles' in every headline from now for the next twenty years? Maybe he doesn't want his singing and acting careers to be defined by the fact that he is bisexual. That's his right. He can still signal to fans and avoid being pigeonholed by the homophobic red top press.

by Anonymousreply 165July 9, 2020 1:33 AM

He just needs to get a boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 166July 9, 2020 1:38 AM

R165 At the moment all the "signalling to his fans" is already taking over his career. On the other hand he himself said in his Guardian interview that he isn't signalling anything with his fashion or colour choices, so technically the fans shouldn't see any "signs" of his sexuality there.

However he's clearly signalling something else, when he's helping fans come out and waving pride flags during every concert - not his own sexuality, but to be out and proud if you're LGBT. Something he clearly doesn't do himself, if he's LGBT as well. If he's just an ally though, it makes sense of course (also his claims that his fashion & colour choices don't mean anything).

by Anonymousreply 167July 9, 2020 3:44 PM

All his lgbt fans worship him and Pink News gave him an award for Ally of the Year, so he's clearly doing something very right.

by Anonymousreply 168July 11, 2020 1:02 AM

Looks like the k-pop fans on Twitter are after Harry now and saying that he is over.

by Anonymousreply 169July 11, 2020 4:40 AM

This was posted in another thread. Harry Styles and Shawn Mendes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 11, 2020 5:19 AM

Louis Floplinson has been dropped by his record label

by Anonymousreply 171July 12, 2020 1:19 AM

Stache!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 17, 2020 10:30 PM

My guess would be: bisexual in the widest sense, but 90% straight.

by Anonymousreply 173July 17, 2020 10:33 PM

Did somebody link him to Kaia Gerber? Isn't she with Cara Delaveen?

by Anonymousreply 174July 17, 2020 10:36 PM

R172 So add him to the list of celebrities flying around the world for a vacation during a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 175July 17, 2020 10:46 PM

That moustache is absolutely disgusting. He looks much better clean shaven.

by Anonymousreply 176July 18, 2020 2:22 AM

[Quote] a little behind

Must be nice.

by Anonymousreply 177July 18, 2020 2:30 AM

He was carrying a handbag again the other day. Handbags, greasy hair, baggy clothes, mustache (doesn't suit him) is not a good look for him.

by Anonymousreply 178July 31, 2020 2:57 PM

Why can't you see past his looks?

by Anonymousreply 179July 31, 2020 2:59 PM

R178 a hand bag or a gym bag?

by Anonymousreply 180July 31, 2020 10:25 PM

R178, it was a hand bag.

by Anonymousreply 181July 31, 2020 11:32 PM

A HANNNNNDDDD BAGG?!

by Anonymousreply 182July 31, 2020 11:33 PM

For the last time... one is either L or G or B or T. No one is L,G,B and T.

by Anonymousreply 183July 31, 2020 11:44 PM

Strength in numbers.

by Anonymousreply 184July 31, 2020 11:46 PM

Who wears short shorts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 2, 2020 2:16 AM

He looks much older than 28. Anyhow, I wouldn't, too scruffy.

by Anonymousreply 186August 3, 2020 2:39 PM

R186, he's 26.

by Anonymousreply 187August 3, 2020 10:33 PM

'Who wears short shorts?'

A man with the legs of a god jogging in 100f Rome.

by Anonymousreply 188August 3, 2020 11:34 PM

He's a well known power bottom. Open secret.

by Anonymousreply 189August 3, 2020 11:45 PM

Has David Geffen had him?

by Anonymousreply 190August 3, 2020 11:48 PM

Nothing pings for me, so straight and baiting. Looking at his abysmal tattoos, the boy got issues.

by Anonymousreply 191August 6, 2020 5:15 PM

Heading for a #2 on the Hot 100 with Watermelon Sugar.

by Anonymousreply 192August 8, 2020 1:19 AM

NOW AT 1 ON THE BILLBOARD HOT 100 WITH WATERMELON SUGAR

WHERE IS FAT ASS ALKIE NIALL NOW?

by Anonymousreply 193August 15, 2020 12:27 AM

Down the chippie.

by Anonymousreply 194August 15, 2020 12:32 AM

Niall fell over when he was drunk and now has his leg in a cast. Classic alcoholic disaster. He needs to head to rehab.

by Anonymousreply 195August 15, 2020 1:14 AM

Niall said on live with Ashe that he was running after his cousin while drunk, missed the curb, rolled over his ankle, and snapped a bunch of the ligaments in his foot.

he said this happened late at night so instead of going to the doctor right away he just went home lol, someone brought him a bag of ice and he fell asleep with it on and woke up with everything wet. He couldn’t put weight on it in the morning so he went to the doctor and they said he tore things and so he has to wear a boot for a few weeks and can’t golf or drive

JESUS HE IS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE. REHAB IS THE ONLY SOLUTION

by Anonymousreply 196August 15, 2020 1:22 AM

He is a power bottom.

by Anonymousreply 197August 15, 2020 3:06 AM

I fucked him...he had a needle dick.

by Anonymousreply 198August 15, 2020 3:08 AM

I can't wait for Zayn to get his junkie ass together and put out an album that will blow Harry and the rest of 1D out of the water.

by Anonymousreply 199August 15, 2020 3:10 AM

Do you worry that Zayn might go the way of Amy Winehouse?

by Anonymousreply 200August 15, 2020 3:11 AM

I just think Zayn has the most vocal talent and could put out a really excellent album with no gimmicks or visuals needed to sell.

by Anonymousreply 201August 15, 2020 3:38 AM

Zayn couldn't even pare his last project down to a cohesive album.

by Anonymousreply 202August 15, 2020 3:42 AM

Honestly I have to give Harry credit for managing to not exploit every detail of his personal life like everyone else seems to do. He wants to create a safe and tolerant atmosphere at his concerts for his young fans. He knows his fanbase is young teenage girls or early 20somethings, so he isn't going to be too sexual or provocative either. Lately, I do feel he is straight though and just gay-friendly. He makes consistently good pop rock music. Though I wonder as he ages and his fanbase ages too, will he be able to graduate into an older audience. I know his fans argue "well he's making rock and roll and has radio hits" but really his music is just bubblegum pop rock and he uses a retro kitschy aesthetic to make himself more marketable and stand out which older people would just scoff at.

by Anonymousreply 203August 15, 2020 6:25 AM

He had a massive audience of young women who will be fans for life and are already into their second decade of Styles worship. Similar to fans of Robbie Williams or Rod Stewart. The music is incidental but they'll still be buying his albums and going to his gigs in their 60s.

by Anonymousreply 204August 19, 2020 8:17 AM

..... .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 11, 2020 6:45 PM

R205 Olivia Wilde the sex symbol is a director now?

by Anonymousreply 206September 11, 2020 6:46 PM

R206 She directed Booksmart that came out last year.

by Anonymousreply 207September 11, 2020 8:33 PM

He's going to be playing an American. Can he do the accent?

by Anonymousreply 208September 11, 2020 8:37 PM

He can do a pretty good one R208

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209September 11, 2020 8:43 PM

Harry Styles is much more talented and good looking than that washed up actor whose name literally translates to "Thank God The Beef."

by Anonymousreply 210September 11, 2020 9:01 PM

I think Shia is much better looking than Harry when he puts the effort into his appearance. As for acting, he is more suited to comedies or action/adventure films where he started off as despite his attempts to be a Joaquin Phoenix/Jared Leto clone.

by Anonymousreply 211September 12, 2020 2:20 AM

Shia ruined himself with all those hideous tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 212September 12, 2020 2:23 AM

Harry also got horrible tattoos. So did Zayn. Maybe they will realize with age how stupid they look and get them removed.

by Anonymousreply 213September 12, 2020 2:33 AM

[Quote]Hilarious that the Harry haters here think someone who dresses like this is straight whilst also posting about Timmy Chalamet and Shawn Mendes being closeted and bearding furiously. It's so fucking typical of Datalounge fraus to ignore an actual bi guy and try and make out he's gay baiting, whilst focusing yet again on the het guys.

You've got to be braindead if you think Shawn is straight.

by Anonymousreply 214September 12, 2020 10:48 AM

Real?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 12, 2020 9:02 PM

This is a great part for Harry. A complex role, a villain, a lover, a leading man. He would not have been cast in this role if he'd come out as gay or bisexual. He knows what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 216September 12, 2020 10:25 PM

Wow, Eternals is going to be the gayest Marvel movie.

by Anonymousreply 217September 12, 2020 10:35 PM

Harry's pathetic fangirls are writing to the director pleading with her not to put him in any sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 218September 13, 2020 12:04 AM

It's not Eternals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 13, 2020 4:17 PM

The state of Niall Horan these days. He looks 50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 14, 2020 1:01 AM

Niall looks yummy in that pic. Thanks for sharing!

by Anonymousreply 221September 14, 2020 1:03 AM

Don't think he's gay, just a gay-friendly dude who's not afraid of expressing himself and messing around a lil bit, which is not a bad thing. Chalamet and Mendes on the other hand are gay as fuck and desperately trying to sell a straight image of themselves, and failed horribly.

by Anonymousreply 222September 14, 2020 1:14 AM

R222 Mendes lacks the intelligence, maturity and stoicism of other possible closeted guys like Leonardo DiCaprio and Keanu Reeves who will laugh off rumors. Mendes isn't very smart or exceptionally talented either to justify his actions.

by Anonymousreply 223September 14, 2020 1:18 AM

Harry's in another movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224September 17, 2020 11:21 PM

He’s a chavvy, classless, hyper-extroverted and fame-chasing dopplegänger of Thomas Brodie-Sangster. Lookswise, he’s surplus to requirements. Thomas is much nicer.

Plus Styles is pandering and dull, and his songs are pablum. I don’t expect much from DL anymore, but in terms of fresh topics of discussion can’t we do better than this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225September 17, 2020 11:39 PM

That man eats cookies through his nostrils.

by Anonymousreply 226September 18, 2020 12:10 AM

He's now starring in two big movies next year. In one, My Policeman, he plays a gay closeted policeman trying to live a straight married life in Brighton. It's based on last year's acclaimed novel of the same name.

He's very interesting to follow. Never a dull moment, unlike Shawn Dumbass Mendes who can't act to save his life..

by Anonymousreply 227September 18, 2020 1:36 AM

DEX, DO YOU AGREE with this account??

I know you're a Larrie who used to love Louis Floplinson.

'i was there at the G-A-Y performance with my lads, and let me tell you, Louis was The HIT amongst the gays (harry was a close second, but only because he was in center and Louis was interacting with him a lot). even now, he has a reputation over there and amongst my single friends. he was so BRIGHT, you could literally not look away. one of my friends was thirsting hard over Zayn, but the rest of us were transfixed by Louis. that man is to gay men what marilyn monroe is to straight men.'

by Anonymousreply 228September 18, 2020 1:40 AM

Very ambitious and fake

by Anonymousreply 229September 18, 2020 1:55 AM

He has a genius manager. He appeals to women and men alike. Keep the mystery going and more money floats his way. Ambiguity sells, people. I saw him on SNL and he is so versatile and highly talented. Could make it as an actor if he is so inclined.

by Anonymousreply 230September 18, 2020 2:12 AM

R228 Whatever they had was a one time thing. I'm not one of those rabid fangirls with a tumblr account.

by Anonymousreply 231September 18, 2020 2:16 AM

Why is DL obsessed with this fug dirty looking guy? When he was on SNL he looked in need of a long shower.

He's not even a good singer.

by Anonymousreply 232September 18, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote]He has a genius manager. He appeals to women and men alike. Keep the mystery going and more money floats his way. Ambiguity sells, people. I saw him on SNL and he is so versatile and highly talented. Could make it as an actor if he is so inclined.

Highly talented? WTF are you smoking? He sucks! Do give it a rest. Are you this creep's publicist?

by Anonymousreply 233September 18, 2020 2:19 AM

He's pandering like crazy, but he is actually a pretty good singer if he chooses to showcase it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 18, 2020 2:22 AM

(the good part starts at about 1:34 for the impatient ones)

by Anonymousreply 235September 18, 2020 2:24 AM

I been listening to a lot of music lately and I noticed. Brandon Flowers/The Killers, Adam Lambert and Darren Hayes all did the retro-pop thing before Harry came around. A lot of 2000s music like La Roux, Cut Copy and Ting-Tings too.

David Bowie did the whole air of mystery of his sexuality much better. Prince did androgyny better. Marc Bolan did the flamboyance better. Shaun Cassidy did the sexy teen idol thing better.

Harry is simply a manufactured patische of the previous male pop artists. We have just been so starved for that type of flashy showmanship since every male singers wants to be contemporary R&B and rap now. That Harry is getting praised when he is just copying everyone from the 60s and 70s.

by Anonymousreply 236September 18, 2020 2:26 AM

I think he has much more appeal when he's just himself and doesn't try so damn hard to be extravagant or mysterious and flamboyant. As R236 said, others have done it before and better - and imho they were better, because it represented their personality and came naturally for them. Imho it's a bit put on for Harry and personally I don't think he even needs it, he's quite talented and has lots of charisma on his own. But subtlety doesn't sell as well and as R236 pointed out, the generation under 25, who makes up the majority of his fans gobble up this stuff, because it's very trendy for them as well as "new" (since they weren't around for Bowie & Bolan - although I wonder why they ignore Adam Lambert, who is truly at home in his flamboyancy and a great singer).

by Anonymousreply 237September 18, 2020 2:40 AM

His earlier personality just seemed to be a happy-go-lucky outgoing English country boy who wore skinny jeans and graphic tees and liked pop rock bands like Paramore.

by Anonymousreply 238September 18, 2020 2:46 AM

Could Madden be his male co-star?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239September 18, 2020 7:51 AM

As in dream cast or rather speculating because he followed him on twitter last autumn? If it's the latter, I think that's more related to the unnamed MCU project Harry is in - which is very likely The Eternals. IIRC he also followed Gemma Chan around the same time, who is in The Eternals as well.

The book is based on E.M. Forster living together with his lover, the policeman Bob Buckingham and his wife. Apparently Buckingham was 28 (= around Harry Styles' age), when he met 51 year old E. M. Forster. I'm not sure if the age difference is specified in the book or if the film stays close to this, but then the male co-star would be quite a bit older than Richard Madden.

by Anonymousreply 240September 18, 2020 8:12 AM

Madden could play 40s.

by Anonymousreply 241September 18, 2020 8:17 AM

I really can't see Madden as a museum curator.

by Anonymousreply 242September 18, 2020 8:25 AM

Why? He's vers.

by Anonymousreply 243September 18, 2020 8:46 AM

They should cast a father and son as the young and older versions of the same character.

by Anonymousreply 244September 18, 2020 9:14 AM

Doesn’t it irritate anyone else that real pro actors who need the work lose out on good parts because popstars insist on doing film & tv?

by Anonymousreply 245September 18, 2020 11:26 AM

But those real pro actors are stars and they aren't hurting for work.

by Anonymousreply 246September 18, 2020 11:34 AM

Some of you really have a short attention span.

Have you forgotten that he briefly dated Taylor Swift? I repeat:

He. Dated. Taylor. Swift!

He's as gay as freshly baked cookies which had been taken out of the oven with an Ungaro frock remade into oven mittens.

Because of a DL thread I started to listen to his first solo album and the first three songs (Meet Me In The Hallway, Sign of Times, Caroline) are amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 18, 2020 11:47 AM

[quote] For the last time... one is either L or G or B or T. No one is L,G,B and T.

But one can be a member of the LGBT Community.

by Anonymousreply 248September 18, 2020 11:49 AM

My Bad. The songs are Meet Me in the Hallway, Sign of the Times, and Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 249September 18, 2020 11:52 AM

You can be L and T, B and T, and of course, G and T.

by Anonymousreply 250September 18, 2020 11:52 AM

I bet the same ones who complain about "LGBT" also complain about "queer." Some people prefer the umbrella term.

by Anonymousreply 251September 18, 2020 11:53 AM

The tattoos kill any chance for Harry being attractive.

by Anonymousreply 252September 18, 2020 12:22 PM

The thing is tattoos are a very personal expression of yourself. Usually you put some thought into what tattoos you put on your body. Rejecting someone because of his tattoos is like rejecting someone for expressing his personality.

by Anonymousreply 253September 18, 2020 12:30 PM

Some aspects of personality should be rejected, nay, stamped out.

by Anonymousreply 254September 18, 2020 12:50 PM

OP, you forgot to add the 'ugly dweeb with little talent who needs to do "edgy" things to get attention' category in your poll.

by Anonymousreply 255September 18, 2020 12:58 PM

R247 well, thanks for the gruesome reminder of how eye-bleeding and depressing the austerity-hipster-retro aesthetic of the early 10s actually was. We really bundled up and laid low, didn’t we?

Trying to forget those days, but the image of Harry’s revolting overlong check button-up-layered-with-Tee combo next to Tay’s awful Browntown lace-ups, snood and barrel-bag has brought it all back. And I cackle in the face of the collar on Harry’s jacket and his Chelsea boots, the insecure babychav trying to look effortlessly posh.

Even their jeggings match. They resemble a pair of closeted middle-class UCL EngLit students of the class of 2010, who - as friends - are bound for the nearest Pret-a-Manger, where giggling over frothy Soy frappes they will compare and contrast their latest assignment on Jane Austen and their respective Gap Year experiences.

Must admit though, that I do somewhat like Swifty’s fir-green coat. The colour and cut suit, giving her a subtle bit of size and pop but remaining nicely understated. It was a good choice for her gimmick at the time.

by Anonymousreply 256September 18, 2020 1:27 PM

I don't care what he is. He's massively overrated, not even remotely attractive, and never has been.

by Anonymousreply 257September 18, 2020 1:44 PM

Tattoos are a fad and conformist. People just like to say they're an expression of one's personality to make it seem like they didn't get them just to feel cool.

by Anonymousreply 258September 18, 2020 2:46 PM

Harry may end up like Bowie, Cher and Whitney with a decent film career to supplement his music career. He is getting good roles too, not cheap cash grabs.

Many artists have tried film but it didn't work out like Rihanna, Britney, Brandy, Prince, Beyonce, Timberlake and Tyrese because of their poor acting and having roles that are really just for teens and gratuitous self-promotion

by Anonymousreply 259September 18, 2020 3:11 PM

Cher had a movie career for a time. Bowie and Whitney never did. Two or three movies anyone remembers is not a movie career.

by Anonymousreply 260September 18, 2020 3:24 PM

Who is his manager?

by Anonymousreply 261September 18, 2020 3:24 PM

He's just copying the previous generation of androgynous musicians from the 1970's and 1980's like David Bowie and Depeche Mode except that he has bad taste in fashion when it comes to his LGBT wardrobe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 19, 2020 6:58 AM

He's managed very welll by Irving Azoff and Irving's son Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 263September 19, 2020 7:48 AM

I'm surprised they'd let him play a gay role.

by Anonymousreply 264September 19, 2020 9:38 AM

Why surprised? It's a dream come true for his predominately young (15-25 years old), female and very LGBT+ friendly fanbase. That's the kind of demographic that also watched Call Me By Your Name multiple times, fervently loves Timothee Chalamet and Troye Sivan and their androgynous look, reads slash fanfiction etc. His management knows that very well since they have the tools to analyse what works with the fanbase and Harry has pushed that part of his image more and more ever since (with a slight vintage touch) - especially after it became clear that his first album sold well, but wasn't a super hit and didn't gain much award attention. I doubt it's all coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 265September 19, 2020 12:33 PM

He's way more successful than Tim O'Tay or Troye Sivan. It's more like Shawn Mendes taking on a gay role. Why play into the scuttlebutt?

by Anonymousreply 266September 19, 2020 12:35 PM

The previous generation of musicians like Robert Smith from the Cure and Martin Gore from Depeche Mode did it better because it's a part of their personality. Harry looks like he's trying too hard and ends up looking like a chaotic mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267September 19, 2020 8:47 PM

The fact that he holds this guitar for the entire song and doesn't play it says it all...

Otherwise, he's been well packaged, I'll give his team that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 19, 2020 8:49 PM

Robert Smith wasn't authentic at all. He sang albums of angsty songs about break ups while remaining happily married to his wife since he was 22. At least Harry is out there legitimately getting his heart broken.

The biggest evidence for me of him being bisexual is his close friend Tom Hull telling Rolling Stone that 'I told Harry to go out and date women, men, whatever, get your heart broken and write about it.'

Why would he say that about a straight guy?

by Anonymousreply 269September 19, 2020 9:39 PM

According to this poll, 51% of DL think Styles is gay or bi.

by Anonymousreply 270September 19, 2020 9:40 PM

I've been lost for the past few nights watching all the 'Larry Sylingson' videos on Tik Tok. I have no idea why they suddenly flooded my feed.

It's all very convincing, and it's difficult to think it isn't a thing, particularly as I was in a closeted relationship for many, many years! I see myself in them.

by Anonymousreply 271September 19, 2020 9:56 PM

R269 Are you saying that Harry has dated guys as well? Who were the guys that he has dated?

by Anonymousreply 272September 19, 2020 10:01 PM

R268 He played the guitar for Watermelon Sugar and then didn't take the guitar off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273September 20, 2020 12:54 AM

R269 Thomas Hull/Kid Harpoon isn't only Harry's friend, but also his co-writer, producer and he did a few promo interview for Fine Line. So it's clear that he's well informed about Harry's work and public image. And it's also clear that ever since he told GQ in 2013 that he isn't bisexual Harry avoids making any definite statements about his sexuality in the press - when he was quizzed by the Sun in 2017 about Miley Cyrus coming out as pan (about her coming out: "it’s important to be ­progressive. People doing stuff like that is great." yet interestingly he himself never really did) and when Dan Wottoon tried to get him to label himself "I don’t feel like it’s something I’ve ever felt like I have to explain about myself.”

So it makes sense that Kid Harpoon keeps his relationship advice general, for everyone who might be drawn to women, men or whatever, and also doesn't explain about Harry to Rolling Stone, what Harry himself has always avoided to share publicly.

Personally I don't know if I can seen in a friend's/co-worker's general statement to Rolling Stone magazine the big coming out of Mr. Harry Styles as pansexual (because "whatever" would mean pan, not bi, right?). Especially not, when Harry has always been a very vocal supporter of the LGBT community and encouraged his fans to come out during concerts and such. He's waving pride flags left and right, but when it comes to being proud of his own alleged LGBT status, he clams up and only says "who cares?" (like in his 2019 Guardian interview). Honestly, I would find that a bit cowardly.

by Anonymousreply 274September 20, 2020 5:20 AM

But if he's straight, does he need to declare?

by Anonymousreply 275September 20, 2020 7:14 AM

[Quote] I see myself in them.

I bet you do.

by Anonymousreply 276September 20, 2020 7:15 AM

R275 I'd go as far and say if he's straight he couldn't declare that without sending half of his fans into a crisis since they're so convinced and enamoured with the idea that he's bi or gay (either with Louis Tomlinson or without). Therefore in that case the evasion, vagueness and keeping the "mystery" would make a lot of sense. Way more so than shirking the burden of representation by being open about his sexuality, if he's indeed LGBT.

by Anonymousreply 277September 20, 2020 7:48 AM

Well, he's clearly playing into it. The Watermelon Sugar video has a coterie of women and ONE man. He has a song that fans point to as "He's quietly out!" but he's only ever performed it in concert, right? Whatever his sexuality, he's having his cake and eating it when it comes to both sides of the fence (gay/straight).

by Anonymousreply 278September 20, 2020 7:55 AM

It's all about the carefully crafted mass appeal where Harry and his PR team try to maintain the fan base for as long as possible to keep them buying his music or watch his movie or TV projects. Even something as trivial as Harry sharing his (true) sexual orientation could destroy the mass appeal balance the PR team worked so hard for to maintain.

by Anonymousreply 279September 20, 2020 7:56 AM

The video of Watermelon Sugar is like a raunchy version of ice cream commercials you'd see in movie theaters before the move starts.

by Anonymousreply 280September 20, 2020 7:58 AM

And that's why this movie role with Lily James surprises me. Gay actors playing gay roles has become a political issue. Styles' dancing around the subject during promotion of the movie would likely be received badly.

by Anonymousreply 281September 20, 2020 8:10 AM

He's only publicly talked about dating three women over a ten year period: Caroline Flack, Taylor Swift and Camille Rowe. Between them, they account for 18 months of dating.

So what about the other 8 and a half years? Last year, a WeHo gay posted a pic of himself and Harry embracing on a special bus or tram that takes people to a gay club. He's also been pictured strolling round Hampstead with a hot young unidentified male.

Interesting choice of residence for an 18 year old. Right slap bang next to Hampstead Heath.

by Anonymousreply 282September 20, 2020 12:25 PM

[Quote] a WeHo gay posted a pic of himself and Harry embracing on a special bus or tram that takes people to a gay club. He's also been pictured strolling round Hampstead with a hot young unidentified male.

Pics?

by Anonymousreply 283September 20, 2020 12:30 PM

WeHo trolley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 20, 2020 1:30 PM

Does Harry think a candid pic diminishes his soul?

by Anonymousreply 285September 20, 2020 1:46 PM

Harry looks more and more British every year. You can tell he's from the countryside. He really should have been in a Victorian drama when younger because he looked like one of those street urchins or one of those poor pastoral kids that got taken in by a charitable wealthy person to train into a proper gentleman. Harry is an English Gatsby, single mom and lived in a village baking bread. Now is a successful pop star who changed his entire image for the world despite his humble beginnings.

by Anonymousreply 286September 20, 2020 2:55 PM

R284 The guy in the pic with Harry also repeatedly made jokes about that pic, that made it clear nothing at all happened between them (even though he wouldn't have said no to Harry). Obviously Harry never had a problem hanging out with gay friends and also in early 2019, when he was in Japan, he met up with that female Japanese model and the Queer Eye guys in a Japanese gay bar. Btw one of the Queer Eye guys literally called him straight, but ofc that got buried by the fans.

by Anonymousreply 287September 21, 2020 12:18 AM

281 It will be interesting what he'll say about the subject during movie promotion! I guess it will come up. However just taking on a gay role doesn't really say anything. Plenty of straight actors have played and continue to play gay roles, despite the political issue. Although of course also gay actors have played gay roles.

Personally I think from an acting point of view it's much more interesting to see gay actors in straight roles and straight actors in gay roles - to see them slip into characters that don't necessarily have anything to do with their real life sexual orientation, history, convictions, opinions etc. Of course this encompasses way more than just sexuality. I just find it interesting, when people truly become someone else on screen.

by Anonymousreply 288September 21, 2020 12:23 AM

No one truly becomes someone else on screen.

by Anonymousreply 289September 21, 2020 8:09 AM

Harry is filming a music video on the sublime Amalfi coast, driving an Alfa Romeo Spider and wearing white lace gloves with black ribbons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 23, 2020 4:14 AM

Bruce Jenner wears dresses and makeup but still likes women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291September 23, 2020 6:36 AM

More concerned about him acting in general. Is he talented enough? His team has to be really careful about movies. I'd bet money on him NOT doing the gay role, just market research to see what part of their focus group they'd lose. Stop gaybaiting, it's unethical to profit from real peoples' struggles!

by Anonymousreply 292September 23, 2020 10:25 AM

He needs to get into an intense relationship with Taylor Swift, make a complete fool of himself by wearing an "I LOVE TAYLOR" shirt in public, have a messy break up/photographed crying on street and then go on to write a loosely autobiographical album called "I Escaped from a Psycho"

Seriously, I think the "gender fluid" thing is his schtick, but he's not gay (at least not when sober)

by Anonymousreply 293September 23, 2020 10:42 AM

R292 I don't know about the general public, he might lose some people there - although not sure, many straight actors have taken on gay roles without losing public support (e.g. Matthew McConaughey, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Armie Hammer, Benedict Cumberbatch etc.). I just know that he won't lose any of his fans with a gay role, quite the contrary. They are already dreaming about sex scenes in the movie and creating wishlists for his co-star. In fact this is exactly what his focus group wants and has wanted for many years. And since he was seen walking around last year with the book the film is based on, which has prompted fan book clubs reading it together and such, his team already knows the response from focus groups.

by Anonymousreply 294September 23, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote]Seriously, I think the "gender fluid" thing is his schtick, but he's not gay (at least not when sober)

That's what I think as well. He probably has experimented some and had some wild parties, but otherwise I doubt he's much interested in guys. If he proves me wrong, so be it, might actually be fun if he's into both men and women, but I believe it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 295September 23, 2020 10:09 PM

If you see it, you won't see it until he's into his thirties.

by Anonymousreply 296September 23, 2020 10:25 PM

So this is one of the outfits for his new music video. Whoever told him the purple pyjamas with the pearl necklace are a good look? The hat! It really gets worse instead of better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297September 23, 2020 10:49 PM

Zayn has a dreary new song out called Better.

Sample lyric 'I wish I had went and asked you for more'

by Anonymousreply 298September 24, 2020 11:45 PM

Zayn thinks he's Summer Walker.

by Anonymousreply 299September 24, 2020 11:48 PM

R&B is not my genre, but still, Zayn's new song seems kind of boring to me. He's a good singer and I expected something a bit more .. well... exciting and interesting. It seemed like this would be his big comeback after Icarus Falls, especially combined with all the attention he's getting due to the birth of his daughter. However this seems like a boringly "safe" song. I actually liked his Rumors collab with Sabrina better, although it didn't really take off. Maybe Better will resonate with the R&B crowd when Rumors didn't.

by Anonymousreply 300September 25, 2020 3:08 AM

Straight attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 301September 25, 2020 6:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302September 25, 2020 7:45 PM

He looks really good in those new pap photos. Nice to see him natural and relaxed for a change.

by Anonymousreply 303September 25, 2020 11:35 PM

R300, I much preferred the Rumors song too. It was actually really good in a swoony, unusual way, and quite an addictive listen. I liked the music video a lot too.

This seems like a weak, lazy choice for a lead single. The charts are dominated by splashy, earworm songs like Blinding Lights, Physical and Watermelon Sugar, and Zayn's here mumbling away about love for the hundredth time. Nobody's going to make a TikTok dance to this soporific track.

by Anonymousreply 304September 26, 2020 12:16 AM

He has a nice body. Fit, tall, broad shouldered and toned without being ripped like a gym rat. Good to see him in ordinary swimming shorts instead of some fancy girly crap for attention. This is a candid taken at his private villa via a drone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305September 26, 2020 12:20 AM

He's not broad shouldered. And he's verging on thick waisted.

by Anonymousreply 306September 26, 2020 12:31 AM

Check out the anorexic little bitch at R306. You just know she only weighs 130lbs, some screaming bottom boy.

by Anonymousreply 307September 26, 2020 12:35 AM

This isn't the same old queen that used to rent Zac Efron, is it (on the right)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308September 26, 2020 12:38 AM

'This isn't the same old queen that used to rent Zac Efron, is it (on the right)?'

Nobody 'rented Zac Effron', you moronic tinhat. Are you the same sloppy cunt who thinks that the 1d boys were 'passed around on yachts in Dubai'? I smell the Welp Troll.

That bearded guy is Gabe Turner of Fulwell Productions who produce the Late Late Show. Married with children.

by Anonymousreply 309September 26, 2020 12:42 AM

Isn't James Corden married with children...?

by Anonymousreply 310September 26, 2020 12:44 AM

R310, you really are the Welp Troll if you're insinuating that Corden is gay too. What's the matter with you? You sound dumb as mud. Is everyone British in Hollywood gay and bearding?

by Anonymousreply 311September 26, 2020 12:46 AM

Is this not Gabe Turner in the centre?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312September 26, 2020 12:46 AM

R306's idea of broad shouldered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313September 26, 2020 12:46 AM

Jacob Elordi is broad shouldered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314September 26, 2020 12:48 AM

Harry Styles did have more of a waist, once upon a time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315September 26, 2020 12:50 AM

R315 Was he even 18 in that photo? Of course he didn't stay a skinny teenage boy. He looks like a normal, physically active adult man in his mid-20s now. No insta model physique, because he's a musician and actor, not a vapid insta model thankfully (but he's also just coming out of the water, not posing with pumped up muscles like all the insta hoes), but totally fine and handsome.

by Anonymousreply 316September 26, 2020 12:57 AM

I don't think that's Gabe Turner in that photo, although he was there in Italy. Looks like a hair stylist or something like that. They were shooting something at that villa (the purple outfit from R297) and he's talking to his creative director in the photos, so very likely someone from the photoshoot crew.

by Anonymousreply 317September 26, 2020 1:01 AM

Not vapid? He takes off his clothes all the time for the cameras, dear.

by Anonymousreply 318September 26, 2020 1:01 AM

'Jacob Elordi is broad shouldered.'

Harry has broader shoulders than that. Jacob needs to watch his woman. Harry liked three of Zendaya's pictures in the same day. A clear statement of intent.

by Anonymousreply 319September 26, 2020 1:05 AM

Check the pedo at R315, lusting over a 17 year old boy.

by Anonymousreply 320September 26, 2020 1:06 AM

[Quote] Harry has broader shoulders than that. Jacob needs to watch his woman. Harry liked three of Zendaya's pictures in the same day. A clear statement of intent.

Are you a bot? (And I don't mean bottom.)

by Anonymousreply 321September 26, 2020 1:07 AM

[Quote] if you're insinuating that Corden is gay too

I suspect you're not male...

by Anonymousreply 322September 26, 2020 1:08 AM

'Are you a bot?'

Nope, but you have confirmed your Welp Troll status by referring to a bot. Next you will be squawking about PR shills and social media managers trying to manipulate the conversation of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 323September 26, 2020 1:09 AM

I'm not the one suggesting that it's preposterous that James Corden enjoys the company of gentlemen...

by Anonymousreply 324September 26, 2020 1:10 AM

In respect to Harry liking Zendaya’s pictures, it serves to prove he’s a calculated, social climbing, success by association, bore.

by Anonymousreply 325September 26, 2020 1:11 AM

Zendaya is playing the other gay man role in Harry's movie with Lily James.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326September 26, 2020 1:14 AM

Zendaya and Harry would be a fine power couple!

Who is this crazed Tumblr frau who thinks Corden is gay? He was famed in London for running after skinny blonde women who usually rejected him and broke his heart. You probably think Simon Cowell is gay too, as well as all of 1d except for Niall.

by Anonymousreply 327September 26, 2020 1:26 AM

Liking your own post. Really?

by Anonymousreply 328September 26, 2020 1:28 AM

'In respect to Harry liking Zendaya’s pictures, it serves to prove he’s a calculated, social climbing, success by association, bore.'

They're about on the same level in regards to age and global success. He'd make a much better match for her than that nobody Jacob Elordi.

by Anonymousreply 329September 26, 2020 1:29 AM

Zendaya needs to date black again.

by Anonymousreply 330September 26, 2020 1:35 AM

Ok body but the tattoos look like a 16 year old who left school picked them after 4 beers. He doesn't ping for me but neither can I imagine him with a woman. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 331September 26, 2020 5:02 AM

R318 It's not the 19th century, the definition of vapid doesn't mean taking off your clothes. It means that you have nothing else to offer and no other talent. And you can say what you want about Harry, but there's no denying that he has a good voice and can sing.

by Anonymousreply 332September 26, 2020 10:56 AM

The tattoos are beyond just a bad idea, they're tragic.

by Anonymousreply 333September 26, 2020 3:49 PM

'Ok body but the tattoos look like a 16 year old who left school picked them after 4 beers.'[

He got nearly all of them between the ages of 17 and 19, so you're close. I don't think they match who he is now at all and must be a pain to cover up when he's filming period drama like Dunkirk and these two new 50s films.

by Anonymousreply 334September 26, 2020 10:26 PM

They should make the character a merchant seaman.

by Anonymousreply 335September 26, 2020 10:26 PM

Zayn's new song is yet another flop. Already in the low 40s on the UK iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 336September 27, 2020 1:40 AM

The tattoos fit a lot better when he was still an aspiring rockstar and wore black shirts, jeans, Saint Laurent and Chelsea boots. The butterfly tattoo is likely a reference to Steve McQueen in Papillon (he spoke about liking the film iirc), so apparently the whole aesthetic is inspired by this kind of prison tattoo style. It's fun for rock music, I guess, there are many rockstars with way worse tattoos out there. But since he reinvented himself as gentle, genderfluid pop star prince with pearl necklaces and pink nails and his fans gush about him being so "soft" and "baby", the tats don't match anymore - like 334 said.

Since the films take place in the 1950s the tattoos will be hidden by long sleeved button-downs most of the time. They only need to cover them for sex scenes, but a lot of actors have extensive tattoos as well (e.g. Tom Hardy). When Machine Gun Kelly played Nikki Sixx they had to cover all his own tattoos (and he's basically tattooed everywhere) AND draw Nikki's tattoos on him, that was obviously much more work and they still managed.

by Anonymousreply 337September 28, 2020 1:17 AM

Harry looks great in these outtakes from the set of his new video. The moustache is gone and he's just wearing a white shirt and shorts, with straight collar length darker hair. Looks cool.

The other 1d men aren't doing anything much. Liam has become an embarrassing youtuber who spends all his time talking about Harry and Zayn. Louis was seen on Saturday in an ugly tracksuit watching non league football and drinking beer like the chav he is. Niall's second album tanked, as has Zayn's recent single release.

by Anonymousreply 338September 28, 2020 1:44 PM

He looks amazing in this candid pap shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 28, 2020 6:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340September 28, 2020 8:04 PM

He has great legs - long and naturally muscular. The rest of the band have tiny withered calves, even fat Niall and ripped Liam. Zayn's legs are almost invisible.

by Anonymousreply 341September 29, 2020 2:17 AM

Whoa, Zayn's new single is already at 90 on the UK iTunes! How have the mighty fallen.

by Anonymousreply 342September 29, 2020 2:19 AM

From 495th in the world on Spotify to 16th in the world in just three years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343September 29, 2020 2:28 AM

Happy and cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 29, 2020 2:55 AM

R343 Are you sure it's really three years? If I had to guess I'd say the first screenshot was from before the release of Fine Line, when streaming of his debut album has slowed, tour was over and he was busy recording, so not very visible in the public eye. I imagine he had a higher placement right after the release of HS1. Although FL is now 10 months old and the streams didn't die down, he even reached a new peak, so that's impressive anyway.

by Anonymousreply 345September 29, 2020 4:59 AM

I find it a bit ironic that right after the band Zayn was so vocal about how bad it was that he had to pretend and do stuff he wasn't truly into in 1D - apparently so awful that he had to leave unannounced in the middle of their world tour. And now he's out there promoting some Harry Potter game app like a third-tier influencer. So... of course the boyband wasn't his thing, everyone could see and even understand that. But contrary to that ordeal shilling dumb phone apps is his true passion now? Oh dear...

by Anonymousreply 346September 29, 2020 7:33 AM

Yes, Zayn shilling for JK Rowling who all his snowflake fans hate isn't a good look at all. Meanwhile his new single is already in free fall. Only 183 on the UK iTunes today.

by Anonymousreply 347September 30, 2020 3:12 AM

What's that about a thick waist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348September 30, 2020 3:34 AM

Zendaya is single now Jacob Elordi is dating Kaya Gerber. Leaves the field open for Harry - he liked three of her posts in one day. Go for it!

by Anonymousreply 349September 30, 2020 3:38 AM

Harry is in a lavender love affair with Tracee Ellis Ross.

by Anonymousreply 350September 30, 2020 4:15 AM

Wasn't Kaya just dating Cara Delevingne? Didn't they actually date after all or is it already over again?

R349 Zendaya might actually make for a good girlfriend - not just because she's obviously very attractive, but also in terms of fan acceptance since she's a woc, has many fans in Harry's target demographic and is in general well liked. Maybe it will she'll be a gf they won't attack for once. On the other hand in terms of media attention it would probably a nightmare - two of the most sought after stars right now in a relationship. They'd get hounded by paps mercilessly.

R350 What's a lavender love affair?

by Anonymousreply 351September 30, 2020 8:46 AM

The way the recent pap photos are more flattering in terms of hair and face than the carefully planned photo they put on the cover of the HITS Grammy edition...

by Anonymousreply 352September 30, 2020 10:44 AM

'Maybe it will she'll be a gf they won't attack for once.'

She's already a very popular choice with the fandom. They were also keen on Lizzo but Zendaya is much more beautiful and only 24 years old.

by Anonymousreply 353October 1, 2020 12:30 AM

'The way the recent pap photos are more flattering in terms of hair and face than the carefully planned photo they put on the cover of the HITS Grammy edition...'

You write like a nine year old. What's your point? That he looks better in candids? Most people are the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 354October 1, 2020 12:31 AM

Fans are supportive of relationships in the shipping phase. If it actually transpires, they switch up.

by Anonymousreply 355October 1, 2020 12:34 AM

Harry's fandom are BLM fixated and anyone slagging off Zendaya on those grounds would be bullied off social media. People don't really take much notice of what the mentally unwell Larry Stylinson shippers think these days.

by Anonymousreply 356October 1, 2020 12:51 AM

His voice on this track is so rough and raw and beautiful. The way he holds the final note on 'you'll never need me again' send chills down my spine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357October 1, 2020 1:34 AM

R354 Yes, exactly, that I think he looks better in those candids than in professional photos, even though (as you pointed out) it's usually the other way round. Most people look much better after hours of carefully arranged outfits, makeup, hair fixed etc. Imho he doesn't need all that.

by Anonymousreply 358October 1, 2020 1:40 AM

I still think Lights Up is the best song and the best video from Fine Line. He is spell bindingly beautiful in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 1, 2020 1:42 AM

R354, Harry also looks better on video than he does in still photos, something that's also rare. He has one lazy eye which is quite noticeable in still photos. His mouth looks fuller in motion.

by Anonymousreply 360October 1, 2020 1:43 AM

No. "Adore You" and "Watermelon Sugar" are the only decent singles he's released. The others have been unmemorable.

by Anonymousreply 361October 1, 2020 1:44 AM

I'm not really into any of the Fine Line singles, although in Falling his voice is the most recognisable. I feel Lights Up could have been written and sung by a bunch of singers. If I'd have heard it on the radio, I wouldn't immediately have said "oh, that's Harry Styles of course".

When it comes to videos not songs, I think it's a toss up between Lights Up and Watermelon Sugar. He looks hot in Lights Up, but also drunk and confused. On the other hand he's less hot in Watermelon Sugar's outfits, but it has that beach vibe and is therefore a fitting video for a summer bop.

by Anonymousreply 362October 1, 2020 2:16 AM

Other musicians have done it better like Palaye Royale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 1, 2020 5:48 AM

More Palaye Royale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364October 1, 2020 6:12 AM

Yes, Palaye Royale have that punk & androgynous glam thing going on. And it looks like a concept and fits together as well as them as a band. It's a well rounded aesthetic, even though it's of course not everyone's taste. More pop punk than glam, but also with a fitting concept is Yungblud.

Harry on the other hand often just looks dressed up. Like someone (maybe he himself) put the poor guy in whatever women's clothes were deemed chic without regard to his music, body type or the way he naturally moves. Insofar I guess you can say he's done something new at least lol.

by Anonymousreply 365October 1, 2020 7:07 AM

Was the photo of Harry presenting Louis with a rose and then the two of them holding the stem between their teeth together genuine, photoshop, a joke or taken out of context?

by Anonymousreply 366October 1, 2020 1:32 PM

R366, the whole of Larry was Louis and Harry queerbaiting madly for popularity. Louis came to his senses when Larries started phoning his gf's university and demanding she be expelled for being a beard. After 2012 he didn't go near Harry.

by Anonymousreply 367October 1, 2020 10:12 PM

14th most listened to in the world on Spotify hoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368October 2, 2020 4:58 AM

He's really doing incredibly well. And with just 25 tracks on Spotify, that's quite a feat. I bet the other artist in the top 20 or even top 50 have way more tracks.

I'm very curious how Golden will do once it impacts radios and the music video will get released. And also what it will mean for Harry's (streaming) numbers - especially when people will listen less to Watermelon Sugar, which is a summer song and probably won't be as popular during autumn and winter.

by Anonymousreply 369October 2, 2020 8:11 AM

Only 47.1% have chosen the gay baiting option.

In other words, 52.9% of DL is either blind or stupid.

by Anonymousreply 370October 2, 2020 8:20 AM

R370 But also 38.3 % think he's "bisexual, but heteroromantic", which can mean everything from regularly hooking up with guys to having a few drunken/drugged up blow job experiences when he was a teenager. Some people have rather differing definitions of this. Taken together with those who think he's straight, there are 85.4 % who don't think Harry ever had romantic feelings for a guy or will ever date one.

Maybe time will tell where his preferences lie. Personally I don't care either way. I'm just a bit tired of the "mysteriousness" or "ambiguousness" or whatever the game is called. With his target demographic ( = teenage and 20s girls, who often fetishise gay aesthetics and relationships) it's possible he likes to keep it vague to appeal to them. But between him waving pride flags at every concert and his outspoken support of the LGBT community, I feel it would just be nice if he actually showed that pride in his sexuality - if he's indeed LGBT. And not hide behind comments like "who cares" or his producer making general statements about dating "women, or men, or whatever".

by Anonymousreply 371October 2, 2020 9:40 AM

r371 Hi, Harry! Just to let you know, we can see through your act. You're straight, and you're queerbaiting for attention. It's disgusting and degrading. Have several seats next to the Riverdale boy.

by Anonymousreply 372October 3, 2020 6:51 AM

Music by Palaye Royale has been featured in the soundtrack of the film, "American Satan" and the TV show, "Paradise City".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373October 4, 2020 6:44 PM

I thought DL was only concerned with the possibility of attractive men being gay.

by Anonymousreply 374October 4, 2020 7:24 PM

[Quote] I Guess We Like The Uglies Now

DL is more of a starfucker than you think.

by Anonymousreply 375October 4, 2020 7:28 PM

Harry made a cameo appearance on SNL yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 376October 5, 2020 12:56 AM

Harry gets called "beautiful", "exotic" and "perfect" when he is a average-looking English lad just like the rest of 1D. I feel Americans are more obsessed with One Direction than actual Brits. Just like The Beatles and Rolling Stones and Oasis.

by Anonymousreply 377October 5, 2020 3:12 PM

Americans have never been obsessed with Oasis.

by Anonymousreply 378October 5, 2020 3:13 PM

Americans might have a boner for British (and Scottish & Irish) accents, but I wouldn't say they're obsessed with One Direction, because look where the other 1D guys are. Niall has a mid-level career he can probably sustain long term, because he's a competent musician and singer, but he's not on Harry's level of stardom. And Liam and Louis aren't big in the US at all, get even confused a lot for each other.

Harry might not be standard model pretty, although he's certainly good looking, but he has that certain something that attracts people. That's often worth way more than a perfect, but boring supermodel face.

by Anonymousreply 379October 6, 2020 2:54 PM

Datalounge needs to raise money to replace their faulty decades old gaydar. People who are gay like Harry are pinging as straight and a ton of other guys who are straight are being pinged as gay.

by Anonymousreply 380October 6, 2020 9:06 PM

A ton? As if you fucking know, Dex.

by Anonymousreply 381October 6, 2020 9:08 PM

If there's one thing Harry Styles is not, then it's gay. He's bi at best, but if you think all his past girlfriends, flings, affairs and flirtations were fake, then you need to take a good look at your head, not your gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 382October 7, 2020 12:35 AM

Why? Tab Hunter dated Debbie Reynolds and other starlets. Still gay.

by Anonymousreply 383October 7, 2020 12:44 AM

'Datalounge needs to raise money to replace their faulty decades old gaydar. People who are gay like Harry are pinging as straight and a ton of other guys who are straight are being pinged as gay.'

Very true. Even if Harry is bi not gay, he's still lgbt. Dataloungers and their fault gaydar think Shawn Mendes is gay instead.

by Anonymousreply 384October 7, 2020 2:15 AM

R383 I knew someone would cite examples from the 50s. Harry became famous in 2010, not 1950. If he wouldn't have been into women at all, he'd have quietly not dated anyone publicly until his coming out - like Lance Bass. Or if his evil management would have been stuck in the 1950s and illegally forced him to "date" beards, then those controlling overlords wouldn't have allowed him to publicly hang out with gay Nick Grimshaw all the time.

So between the fan leaked booty calls of Zayn and Harry, the fling with Caroline Flack (which destroyed her reputation due to the age difference) and Lucy Horobin (which destroyed her marriage), the many long legged models he dated since and women being a constant in his songwriting.. I'd say Ockham's razor: he likes women. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 385October 7, 2020 3:38 AM

Maybe he is bi, maybe not. But it seems that for a lot of people he only pings, because he wears outlandish, "genderfluid" clothes. Without the ruffles, necklaces, nail polish and all that I doubt he would ping more than any other mid 20s Brit.

by Anonymousreply 386October 7, 2020 3:40 AM

[Quote] I knew someone would cite examples from the 50s. Harry became famous in 2010, not 1950.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387October 7, 2020 3:41 AM

Funny how this thread has attracted a persistent Larrie type.

by Anonymousreply 388October 7, 2020 11:25 AM

Like somebody's already said, he is 100% queerbaiting, no matter who he likes to fuck privately. No need to talk about your sexuality but romanticising a closet is not ok. And that's what he is doing to his fans instead of being brave or shutting up. Treat people with kindness my ass.

by Anonymousreply 389October 7, 2020 2:29 PM

And "who cares" is just ridiculous and insulting. Try being gay working and living in the real world Harry - a lot of people care and will let you know! What he is doing with the flag waving and pearl wearing is just the equivalent of Blackface. I don't get that he has any gay or lesbian fans at this point...

by Anonymousreply 390October 7, 2020 2:41 PM

By 'who cares' he meant that it shouldn't matter to anyone what he identifies as. Nosy fuckers who want full disclosure will always bitch away, though, despite the fact that Styles has donated more money to LGBT charities than most of you cunts earn in a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 391October 7, 2020 10:59 PM

Identity doesn't matter? Style's or his stylists' choice of clothing contributes to the identity he and his team contrive.

by Anonymousreply 392October 7, 2020 11:04 PM

R391 It probably wouldn't even matter, except to a handful of Larries. However he is purposefully playing with this and stoking the fires of speculation and that makes his statement kind of dishonest. Especially when Harry and his team have to know just how much it matters to his fanbase. The fans obsess over it, they revel in his supposed queerness, they love every bit of clothing they interpret as "queer coded" and celebrate it as his true self. To have this kind of response as a possibly not queer man OR without having to deal with everything out and proud LGBT people have to deal with - that's very convenient. And lazy.

by Anonymousreply 393October 8, 2020 1:08 AM

[R393] Exactly. It's dishonest and lazy. But it's a fine line between 'fashionably bi' and 'fake gay' and he'll lose the young fans in a few years anyway when he gets older and will be replaced by younger 'heartthrobs'. I feel the queer community is rather vocally fed up with him and the other gaybaiters right now and this might become mainstream soon. His music is ok but nothing special and won't sell without his current image, his team can only pay so many oldies like Jon Bon Jovi or Stevie Nicks to talk about Harry being "real Rock n' Roll". He honestly isn't and would be nothing without his looks and charm (?).

by Anonymousreply 394October 8, 2020 2:41 PM

Honestly, I'm worried about the non-labeling trend being used like this. Representation matters and has saved lives.

by Anonymousreply 395October 8, 2020 2:49 PM

I actually think he's really talented and has a very interesting and unique voice/tone. Fine Line is in large parts a little too mainstream for my taste and less interesting to me than his first album (both musically and lyrically), but that doesn't change the fact that I think he has the talent and potential to have a long and interesting career in music.

My point always was that I think he doesn't need all the pop star frills in his image right now - the purposeful ambiguity, the over the top fashion, the "freaky artiste" image - and it might even distract from his actual music, his natural charm and the maturity he otherwise displayed in his interviews both in 1D and the more in-depth interviews of his solo career.

That's why I find this whole "is he or is he not" game tiring - if he'd be your average mediocre starlet trying to get headlines, it would be annoying too (especially in terms of honest and open LGBT representation), but ultimately I wouldn't care overmuch. But as it is I actually hope as well that in a few years the younger fans will have found a new (queer or "queer") obsession and the whole big focus on whatever his sexuality is or just how colourful his nails are, will get old. Maybe then he and his fans can focus on things I personally find more interesting. Like quality music.

by Anonymousreply 396October 8, 2020 4:33 PM

The UK tabloids are homophobic and - if he came out - would prefix his name with 'gay' or 'bisexual' for years to come. I can understand why he doesn't want his career to be defined by his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 397October 8, 2020 4:39 PM

You have little understanding of the pop game, then.

by Anonymousreply 398October 8, 2020 4:39 PM

Representation matters! If the vast majority of LGB artists stay closeted or say “no labels” then we have no representation in that area. No one for kids to look up to and say they want to be like X. It also perpetuates homophobia by people refusing to embrace labels or come out because of fear.

Harry “dated” Taylor Swift, and if that isn’t a huge cue, I don’t know what is. And to all of those people talking about him being around models like Cara Delevigne.....she’s gay but is label aversive, as this generation seems to be. I’m betting many of those models are gay and this is a contract/PR bearding situation like Leo DiCaprio.

The Larry thing was easy to dismiss until I saw this entire video of clips from 1Direction days. I’m not sure I believe Harry and Louis are as good at acting as we are supposed to believe in these clips. It seems plausible that they were together but broke up/ended things at some point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399October 8, 2020 5:26 PM

LOL, a Larry nut.

by Anonymousreply 400October 8, 2020 11:51 PM

R399 obviously didn't go to a British secondary school and see similar displays of affection and play gay amongst teenage boys. It's standard or was before covid. Louis is a basic straight chav who likes beer and football and has his girlfriend's initial tattooed on his hand. He's been with her for eight years.

by Anonymousreply 401October 9, 2020 12:27 AM

From photos and videos, Harry is one of those people who are extremely tactile and warm - always wanting to be hugged and snuggling. That love of physical affection easily tips over into sex with men or women but I doubt he takes it seriously enough to define himself as bisexual. On the other hand, he did release a music video featuring a bisexual orgy with him at the centre on National Coming Out Day, though. All his fans think he's bisexual due to this.

by Anonymousreply 402October 9, 2020 12:30 AM

I notice that some men who referred to themselves as being "not gay" had made YouTube comments about how they find some androgynous male musicians like band members of Palaye Royale, Depeche Mode and Sparks to be hot. One guy even mentioned that he would pay for a table dance from Ron Mael of Sparks. I never saw any comments from 'straight' guys mentioning that they find Harry to be physically attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403October 9, 2020 1:47 AM

R397 But his career is defined by his sexuality right now, be it womanizer or poor man's Bowie. Not focused on his music or a great look either.

by Anonymousreply 404October 9, 2020 3:54 AM

R401 Alright then, if he likes beer and football he must be straight.

by Anonymousreply 405October 9, 2020 4:00 AM

The androgynous looks of Sparks used to drive the girls crazy in the 1970's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406October 9, 2020 5:37 AM

[QUOTE] Not focused on his music or a great look either.

What are you talking about? Vogue, Elle, GQ and Esquire et al report on every new outfit he wears. He's been a fashion leader since 2012.

Music wise, he is 14th Most Listened To Artist on Spotify and just had a #1 on the Hot 100 with Watemelon Sugar. His album has already sold 3m worldwide and is still in the top ten in most major markets.

by Anonymousreply 407October 9, 2020 12:24 PM

Thankfully he's still known as musician first and foremost, but all this focus on fashion and sexuality is probably equally present at the moment. Not only in magazines, but especially his fans seem to focus very much on that. There's alway plenty of talk about his outfits, sexuality and gushing over everything he wears that's deemed feminine, but little talk about his actual music except when it comes to stats and charts. It's not like the main discussions among the fans are in-depth analyses of his lyrics, melodies, how the instruments work together etc., but I realise that in pop star fan culture the music as such usually isn't a focus.

Although imho there was also a change in his image in that regard. For example in Behind the Album he's portrayed very much as focused musician, it was about the creation of the album, his journey with music etc. It had a very adult feel. Even his first Rolling Stone profile, while obviously portraying him as a person as well, was mainly focused on his journey and his solo music. But in the second profile his purse and nail polish were prominently discussed, there was a whole section about his sexuality etc.

by Anonymousreply 408October 9, 2020 1:23 PM

Btw that's a quote from the second Rolling Stone article:

[quote]Harry likes to cultivate an aura of sexual ambiguity, as overt as the pink polish on his nails.

The cultivation of sexual ambiguity means that he himself already partly defines his career through the "is he or is he not" game. Not sure if the argument with the UK tabloids by R397 applies then. Except if he likes to keep especially the ambiguity and the "mysteriousness" to generate more interest, because it keeps people guessing. It's a cheap game though imho.

I'm not sure a person like Harry, who has always shown so much support for the LGBT community, who wore Michael Sam's jersey on stage, would prefer keeping this game running instead of offering honest and open representation, if he's LGBT. The comments of a few UK tabloids can't weigh more than that. I feel that's the point of pride, isn't it? So maybe he just doesn't represent, because there's nothing to represent.

by Anonymousreply 409October 9, 2020 1:39 PM

He's young, likes money and fame and hasn't had a lot of real life experience, growing up in a boyband where everybody was kissing his ass. This is why he either a) is straight and gaybaits for attention or b) wants to stay/become more famous and stays closeted. So either just dishonest for money or dishonest for money and afraid to come out. Which is understandable in a way, but for sure neither 'super-ally' nor 'forced to hide his true self by evil Sony'. My niece is a fan, believes the second and it makes me dislike him for exploiting gullible teens.

by Anonymousreply 410October 9, 2020 6:08 PM

Nearly all his fans believe the second and if someone should dare to suggest we might not actually know for sure, they get attacked by the other fans. I can imagine that this whole special dynamic contributed to it all actually.

The fans have speculated about his sexuality since early One Direction days and everything was taken as a "hint" or "proof" of his queerness - no matter if banter between him and Louis or a patterned blouse and longer hair. He was just 16/17 back then and having a good time banging older women, while the fans convinced themselves it's all "bearding" and instead lived in their world of slash fan fiction and fan art. I feel like over the years it became this circle of fans pushing for a certain version of Harry and him giving them what they want, which in turn makes them want to be even more "supportive" of his supposed queer identity and so on.

I can also imagine he started to give more and more evasive or ambiguous answers in interviews, because he knows that everything else might make him look like a dick, disappoint someone or get misunderstood. Imho that's also what happened with his answers when The Sun pressed him about his sexuality in 2017, which sounded fairly non-committal to me, but got interpreted by fans as definite proof of his LGBT status.

So whatever his sexuality is, yeah, he totally milks it, but there are also huge expectations by the fans, who are in love with the flamboyant fashion, the purses and pearl necklaces, the nail polish and ruffled dresses. And him not doing that anymore would cause either disappointment or - in case it somehow turns out he isn't LGBT - a huge, negative uproar.

by Anonymousreply 411October 10, 2020 1:50 AM

R411, he did ditch that girly image in 2017 to a certain extent. Short hair, standing still and playing the guitar instead of wilding out, and he lost a ton of fans...who all came back when they watched the Lights Up video, which was a dream come true for many.

by Anonymousreply 412October 10, 2020 12:59 PM

R412 Even though the fans definitely perceived it as such, I'm still surprised that especially his long hair was considered "girly" - I thought it was more of a rockstar thing and the notion that long hair is automatically girly died out in the early 70s, but oh well... He did have a very energetic, lively and youthful stage presence though. I can see how it was missed by his fans when he started with the suits and guitar ballads. Not sure his old stage presence came back as such - I'm not a fan of the spastic WMYB/Kiwi dance, it seems pretty forced to me and doesn't compete with his natural-looking moves back then. But yeah, I'm sure Lights Up was a treat for many of the old fans for a variety of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 413October 10, 2020 3:02 PM

Queerbaiting because his music is bland

by Anonymousreply 414October 10, 2020 4:46 PM

He has a great voice, also live. It's one thing to sound good in the studio and another entirely to deliver live as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415October 11, 2020 12:13 AM

Covering Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416October 11, 2020 12:20 AM

His voice is instantly recognisable. So much depth and texture to it. Very different from the light, high voices of Timberlake, Zayn and Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 417October 11, 2020 1:05 AM

Very hot and cool too.

by Anonymousreply 418October 12, 2020 11:26 PM

Harry has 4.5b streams on Spotify with only 22 songs!

Zayn's new single dropped off the Hot 100 and UK Top 100 in its second week. Watermelon Sugar is 8 on the global spotify chart, ten months after it was released. Still in the top 40 on the official UK/US too

by Anonymousreply 419October 16, 2020 1:28 PM

Artwork for new single! Looking hot with his little waist and nice pecs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420October 23, 2020 11:54 PM

Overrated beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 421October 23, 2020 11:57 PM

F and f R421 - trolldar shows that she's a racist Klan Granny.

by Anonymousreply 422October 24, 2020 12:30 AM

He's got a hot body, but of course he tries hard to be edgy with the huge grandma curtain trousers, the silly hat and weird pose.

Of course the fangirls go crazy over it, because the designer of the "Sebastian trousers" has said he channelled posh gay boys and the homoeroticism of the British upper class in his collection. Whenever someone mentions "gay" in connection with Harry they cream themselves, the fetishising is unreal.

by Anonymousreply 423October 24, 2020 2:01 AM

The trousers as spazzy as hell and the photo doesn't even show them in their full sofa fabric glory.

Styles has a rockstar body and tattoos to match and looks incredible in skinny black ripped jeans, heeled boots and some kind of tight sleeveless top that's half falling off him. This is what his fans want too but he won't do it.

by Anonymousreply 424October 25, 2020 12:14 AM

Some fans would want that, but a ton of fans go gaga over his new style. For many it's a wish come true they've already had during 1D times, plenty of fan art depicting 1D Harry in ruffles and dresses out there. They also liked his long hair, because they thought it's "girly", not due to the rockstar look. Harry Lambert himself has said that he monitors the reactions of fans (for example how they liked the tour outfits each night) and also how the fans' expectations inform the need to always go a step further and go a bit crazier with the outfits.

I can imagine though, that a portion of fans don't truly like all the outlandish outfits. They just pretend due to peer pressure in the fandom (you get crucified and called a "homophobe" or hater/not a real fan, if you dare to admit an outfit is not your taste) and because they think they'll get brownie points and feel closer to Harry, if they get all gushy in Harry Lambert's twitter mentions.

It might create a partly false feedback loop, so I don't expect Harry or his team to start dressing him anytime soon in a way that would actually fit both his body type, his natural handsomeness and his rockstar energy.

by Anonymousreply 425October 25, 2020 1:20 AM

He looked stunning in 2014/mid 2015 before the outlandish streak took hold. I think some of his outfits are ugly and make him look older than he is - the crocheted vest and sunglasses with green glass he wore for the first scenes of the Watermelon Sugar video, for instance.

There's so much going on with his hair, eyes, nails and rings that plainer clothes often look best - like the white shirt and shorts he wore for filming some of the Golden video. He looked silly in the Brits outfit with the gloves and all the heavy white lace. It even made him look thickset, as did a lot of the Elton John type suits he wore on tour. He dresses as if he has a waist like a weasel like Bowie or Prince, but that's not the case. I think he has a better body than either of those but he needs to dress it more carefully.

by Anonymousreply 426October 25, 2020 1:27 AM

R426 Fully agree with everything you said!

by Anonymousreply 427October 25, 2020 3:43 AM

The Golden music video is out at 12pm EST/4pm GMT. Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 428October 26, 2020 11:58 AM

R428 it'll be just more of the 'bi king' shit for the 15-26 year olds

by Anonymousreply 429October 26, 2020 12:31 PM

R428 That's what it turned out to be. He took my favorite song on the album and made a dumb video. So tired of him!

by Anonymousreply 430October 26, 2020 4:50 PM

I'm one of the rare ones around here who find tattoos sexy on the right person. His though? It looks like he stumbled in drunk to the tattoo parlor and started pointing to random shit in the artist's portfolio book. His ink looks like a Microsoft ClipArt Gallery. Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 431October 26, 2020 5:52 PM

Not sure what he tried to do with the music video, but it doesn't translate for me. He is handsome as always of course, great body, charming smile. But apart from that I feel the video doesn't really go with the song.

He talked about scenic, coastal Malibu drives and that fits the atmospheric, grand feel of the music. Instead we got something that neither reflected the music's vibe, nor acknowledged the interesting lyrical contrast of the song, where he sings about being broken, hopeless and desperately yearning for love and light. He's just running around like a smiley puppy and making goofy faces, but it comes across as somewhat awkward to me - especially the scene where he's squatting like a toddler in his trunks, about to splash in the water or build a sand castle.

And even if you go for the goofy, "just a silly boy" vibe, why do so in a Bowie suit and with lace gloves? It feels like he wanted to be both the fashion icon and the relatable cute boy for 15 year olds. Or maybe the fact that it all doesn't really go together was what they felt is edgy and "contrasting", I don't know. As I said, it just doesn't translate for me.

by Anonymousreply 432October 27, 2020 12:05 AM

Over 8 1/2 million views already.

I just watched it, and once was enough.

VERDICT - the dude is straight

by Anonymousreply 433October 27, 2020 12:11 AM

I also feel he didn't make the most of the spectacular Amalfi scenery. No footage of the little multi coloured houses climbing the cliffs or long panning shots of the hills and ocean, or even an impression of driving along the famous Amalfi Drive, a twisting road overlooking the sea. We saw him in the outtakes on a speed boat and a Vespa, but neither made the final cut.

Harry seems to have picked up even more fans though, as its views are double what Watermelon accrued in the same time period. I didn't like that video much either. Lights Up remains my favourite of this era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434October 27, 2020 12:32 AM

Amy the mad 46 year old Doll Lady still thinks that Louis is about to announce that his 4 year old son isn't his son after all. From her blog today -

I’m going to scream into the void at LTHQ or anyone at all but i highly highly suggest you end it by any means possible. whatever this is, isn’t helping. It’s turning people off even more and not because people actually think Louis is a dad but because this is just a pile of nonsense. This is like a show that jumped the shark 3 years ago. If this is your setup, i hope you got more than this. And if it’s not your setup, get a fucking lawyer and do something. This is a disaster and it’s honestly painful to watch. And that’s saying a lot considering everything this fandom has been through for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 435October 27, 2020 12:46 AM

OMG I had forgotten about the Doll Lady. I can’t believe she’s still at it.

by Anonymousreply 436October 27, 2020 1:20 AM

He looks good in the white shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 27, 2020 1:27 AM

It's the puffy shirt all over again.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438October 27, 2020 1:31 AM

How is it puffy? It's a plain white shirt.

by Anonymousreply 439October 27, 2020 1:33 AM

Larries were so happy that Celeb TM posted another article about how evil Briana Jungwirth is until they read this part - 'When asked how Tomlinson is as a father, Straus explained “Louis bought the house in Calabasas for them to live in and he pays child support every month. He did see Freddie numerous times while I was involved with Briana. Whether or not he is an absentee father or he is saddled with the lifelong misfortune of dealing with a problematic woman, isn’t for me to say. But he is 100% Freddie's dad”

by Anonymousreply 440October 27, 2020 1:59 AM

R439 I was just being silly.

by Anonymousreply 441October 27, 2020 2:02 AM

This poor child already has to deal with so much crap from the insane Larries.. But sounds like Louis is still involved to some extent if he saw him "numerous times", so at least he has his father too (despite the less than ideal situation with the parents separated and no different continents) and not just the baggage that comes with him. He's such a cute child too and looks so much like young Louis, I don't know what's wrong with these people.

R437 The plain white shirt was his best outfit in a while, the simple lines and colour really suit him. Or course they immediately had to destroy that in the promo shots with the silly hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442October 27, 2020 2:14 AM

R432 agree 100%, don't know how they're trying to sell him in three years. I mean relying on his charm and looks is fine, maybe goofy-sexy works for the audience, it just doesn't for me. Might be an attempt to ease out the ladykiller image but what are they replacing it with? They're just screaming "fun, fun, fun", which makes him appear shallow and gets boring real fast. But he's bringing in the money right know and they don't have a reason to change a winning recipe I guess.

by Anonymousreply 443October 27, 2020 8:27 AM

R440 Of course it's his child, it's insane to believe otherwise. Still he is a crappy dad anyway, not being a father to him publically and not commenting on this kind of talk. Best case for the kid would be he pretends to be a deadbeat while seeing him privately, worst case is, well, he's a deadbeat. Keeping quiet not to piss of the larries (I bet at least half of his fanbase) makes him a terrible person in my opinion, imagine what his son will think about that one day. It's not like his excuse is 'protecting the kid from the crazies', the shady baby mom and her redneck family are doing everything to attract attention.

by Anonymousreply 444October 27, 2020 8:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445October 27, 2020 8:58 AM

I am surprised the record company didn't release "Treat People With Kindness" this year during the Corona-19 crisis. It could've been this year' s "Happy".

by Anonymousreply 446October 27, 2020 9:10 AM

R446 This year's Happy? I don't think so. That song is just meh.

R432 I agree. So tired of this goofy sexy thing they're trying to do with him. This video was boring and awkward. Golden was a chance for an emotinal video that matched the song, not whatever this was. He put the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of his music. I am not going to be following the next album release with the same old ugly Gucci clothes, constant missteps on his image, never posting even a selfie on his IG.

I'll try out his new movie. Maybe I'll be a fan of his acting, but I give up on music.

by Anonymousreply 447October 27, 2020 11:06 AM

[quote] [R446] This year's Happy? I don't think so. That song is just meh.

With all being down because of Trump, the Trump administration, the GOP, the Deplorables, Corona-19, etc. I think an uplifting song, meh or not, would've done good in the charts imho.

by Anonymousreply 448October 27, 2020 11:25 AM

R447 I suspect unless something big and unexpected happens the ugly Gucci clothes won't go anywhere, but in terms of his music he once said in an interview that he thinks every album should sound different, if I remember that correctly. So at least theoretically there's a chance that he'll do something completely new again. However in reality I can imagine that the next album might have a similar sound (or mix of sounds) as Fine Line, since this era was so incredibly successful. I'm sure the label would want that and I suspect they also wanted the more radio friendly and accessible/modern sound now. But we'll see... I'm still curious where his musical journey will lead him, also after the initial three album deal with Columbia is over.

I'm actually quite curious about the song he wrote for Cam. Apparently he wrote it with Mitch and Tyler and sent the demo to her, so he must have liked it enough for a release, but for some reason didn't put it on his own album. Maybe it didn't fit sonically. If so, it's certainly interesting to hear another facet of his work.

Instagram selfies aren't really important to me. Give me a good interview or light hearted TV show over a bad quality 5 minute phone interview on radio or tweeting "hi" to a few fans any day. But if he ever wants to use social media again, I think his use of it 2015 was nice - just sharing quotes/lyrics or photos and artists he likes and also his own photography. He had a good eye and seeing the world through someone else's eyes is always interesting.

by Anonymousreply 449October 28, 2020 5:55 AM

R446 I feared he would, but thankfully they thought better of it. I'm sorry, but it's an awful song if you ask me and even half of his stans skip it. Maybe the fact that it's the least streamed song on Fine Line prevented any single plans. I think in terms of light, uplifting music they had Watermelon Sugar as breezy summer bop and it worked out.

by Anonymousreply 450October 28, 2020 6:00 AM

None of the clothes he wore on the Golden shoot were Gucci.

by Anonymousreply 451October 28, 2020 8:52 AM

R449 I can't get too excited about the Cam song, because I haven't liked any of the songs he's written for other people. They all seem to have the same subject matter and be on the cheesy side. But we'll see.

I wanted to see selfies. I didn't care about him saying "hi." I didn't care about being his friend, because celebrities aren't our friends. Nor did I care about him having a daily dialogue with fans. But some candid selfies every once in a while were something that I would have enjoyed. That would have been better to me than those worthless, cheesy, teen oriented 5-minute radio interviews where he says absolutely nothing.

I can't really enjoy his interviews much, because he's so guarded and thinks too much about every single word before he says it, so he never really is candid and off the cuff. And he comes off as robotic. He gives too much of a fuck.

I am more of a fan of celebs being bold and unafraid to say whatever the fuck they feel. Yes, Harry wears purses, feminine clothes, and nail polish, but he's so guarded and scared of his shadow. It's not fun and interesting to watch. He's a nice person, but he's boring to me. Congrats to him and his continuing success and growing fortune, but he doesn't do it for me anymore in any way. He gets one more chance with me with Don't Worry Darling, with a written script and ideas and clothes that *do not* come from Harry or his team, or his hack stylist Harry Lambert.

by Anonymousreply 452October 28, 2020 9:36 AM

Litmus test - did he want to fuck his old friend and bandmate Liam c. their early 20s? If not, then he isn’t gay one iota.

by Anonymousreply 453October 28, 2020 9:57 AM

R451 True, he wears a variety of other brands too (S.S. Daley, Harris Reed, Bode, Marni etc.), but to me most of them still don't look good or fitting for his body type and "energy". So I guess "Gucci clothes" is just a placeholder for his current style, even though I think Gucci's style wasn't even that bad a few years ago. I think it went downhill in recent years. And it also depends on the situation - for example some outfits would look good on a red carpet or in an artistic magazine editorial, but not in a more casual setting (e.g. dancing in the Italian sunset) or on stage, where it would look too stuffy or hinder the movements of the performer.

by Anonymousreply 454October 28, 2020 10:34 PM

Harry retweeted a Joe Biden post and added, “If I could vote in America, I would vote with kindness”.

Ironically, some of his followers did not take kindly to this. Idiots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455October 28, 2020 11:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456October 28, 2020 11:22 PM

R455 So many of the fans always complained that he didn't do enough activism or endorses someone specifically (I remember the criticism when the UK voted) and now he does and they still complain that it's not worded right or not enough or whatever else. That some Republicans didn't like it was to be expected, also that someone, who sold millions of albums and singles in the US might have all kinds of fans. But that also some of his left-wing fans still always find something to criticise... Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 457October 29, 2020 12:29 AM

R452 I see what you mean. I'm not sure if it's because he's too careful, guarded and afraid of missteps these days, but I can imagine there's a lot of pressure - especially with a fanbase like his and this expectation that he's always the most thoughtful, kindest, most perfect man on earth.

I think he has a great sense of humour and naturally engaging personality, we've had many years of interviews and stage performances from a young age on, where he has shown this. But I agree that it doesn't really come across in these short interviews where he says the same things about how fun everything is and how free. So many fans repeat this notion and say he has opened up so much these days and is so much more confident, himself, free etc. Obviously he gave more background information about songs like Cherry or Falling and he has more flamboyant outfits and does his crazy WMYB/Kiwi dance and such. Personally it doesn't feel to me like he was repressed, self-conscious and fake in the past, but maybe he just was an excellent actor. But I don't know, if I ignore superficial things like outfits and just compare his presence, energy and body language in interviews and on stage, I don't necessarily agree with his fans. But interestingly the same fans still dig up old stuff from years ago, while some way more recent interviews seem forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 458October 29, 2020 1:07 AM

'He's so guarded and scared of his shadow.' How about when he admitted to doing mushrooms and other edibles whilst recording FL and biting off his tongue? I was amused by that. He definitely dropped his guard.

by Anonymousreply 459October 29, 2020 1:26 AM

' But some candid selfies every once in a while were something that I would have enjoyed. That would have been better to me than those worthless, cheesy, teen oriented 5-minute radio interviews where he says absolutely nothing.I can't really enjoy his interviews much, because he's so guarded and thinks too much about every single word before he says it, so he never really is candid and off the cuff'

A posed IG selfie is the opposite of 'candid'. The photographs he takes with fans every few days are candid though and I like to see them. Did you miss the two hour radio interview he did with Howard Stern? Harry really opened up a lot and he did in the 90 minute Zane Lowe interview too.

I think he's made an effort to be less guarded this era. He told Lowe he gets therapy because he had such a hard time dealing with the break up of his relationship with Camille Rowe. He also confessed to eating mushrooms whilst recording his album, which the UK tabloids had a field day with. That's not robotic and careful.

I do appreciate his accurate written English but perhaps that comes across as robotic to fans of Louis and Niall, who swear in most of their tweets (easily influenced Niall copying Louis). Liam's unintentionally hilarious malapropisms like 'I'm the antichrist of Harry Styles' aren't something I'd want to see from Harry either.

Speaking of the other men, they're having a bad bad year. Niall's sophomore album only spent 7 weeks on the Billboard 200 and has sold a fraction of the amount Flicker did. Fans who loved athletic blond Niall aren't on board for hefty red faced Niall and have defected to Mendes and BTS.

Liam's career seems to be going backwards. Tomorrow he is releasing a TikTok single called Naughty List with a 19 year old TikTok 'artist'. Clearly aimng at the under 16s even though he's going bald.

Louis is worst off of all. Still without a record label since 11 July.

by Anonymousreply 460October 29, 2020 1:44 AM

I think his Howard Stern interview was the best of this era, quite interesting and also lovely to see more of the rest of the band. Zane Lowe was good too, but it's clear that Zane Lowe prepared with Harry's team and it seems that they discussed what they'll talk about in the interview, which questions and such. A lot of interviews with celebrities are like that of course, it was just less candid than Howard Stern, who just says and asks whatever he wants.

It's true that he was more forthcoming with things, although I think the mushroom stuff is actually on brand in a way. It gives him a bit of an interesting hippie edge, just like his extravagant fashion is edgy. Both tend to scandalise the UK tabloids, but actually add to his image balancing the friendly pop star and "freaky artiste", just like Rob Sheffield wrote in Rolling Stone.

But who knows, maybe he's not guarded and careful, maybe he's just bored with interviews and public appearances in general. He said himself that he learned he doesn't enjoy certain aspects of an album rollout and maybe that explains it. Columbia certainly had a lot of promo in place, that didn't require his immediate participation - the compliment generator, the whole Eroda campaign, the website for Watermelon Sugar, postcards for Golden etc.

by Anonymousreply 461October 29, 2020 2:45 AM

He is very guarded and the 'edgy' things like doing mushrooms, breakup etc are just talking points to change his image. The older he gets in this business the more guarded he'll become and rightly so. Why would he suddenly "open up"? Everybody knows he hasn't dated Camille Rowe, that doesn't mean he isn't fucking models left and right. Or maybe he's gay af and married to a WeHo hair stylist, good for him either way.

by Anonymousreply 462October 29, 2020 7:47 AM

R460 I doubt it's about the way he talks or writes, because thankfully Harry always had good vocabulary and great grammar, so that's not a development of recent years like R452 seems to mean.

I'd argue that Liam's career is in the worst place right now tbh. I mean, Louis is obviously unsigned and has to deal with his lack of singing talent, but I'd say Liam's move to become a tiktok influencer with a really really bad Christmas song is actively damaging his brand by now. Where should this lead in the end? I'm a celebrity get me out of here? When he talked about the film adaption of West Side Story I hoped for him he'd have another chance to do something with film or musical, it seemed like a good fit for both his singing abilities and his talkative nature. But now I wonder if he'd be considered for a similar project.

So on a personal level I'd rather have no career right now (like Louis) than doing stuff like Liam. At least Louis has theoretically the chance to come back in some way or form with his dignity intact.

Niall's last album "tanked" in comparison to Flicker and I'm sure it was the contrary of what he and his label planned for his sophomore era. It seems to me like Heartbreak Weater was purposefully more radio friendly and commercial than his debut, but turned out somewhat bland and failed to deliver. But I think he'll be fine, it's not like HBW was a disaster like LP1 and Niall is a competent musician - I think he has either a chance to write a better received album next time or he'll just continue to have a lower-level, but still sustainable career in music. I heard he's writing right now with new songwriters?

by Anonymousreply 463October 29, 2020 8:38 AM

R462 Who thinks he hasn't dated Camille Rowe? Except Larries... He himself said she's his ex girlfriend, they were papped together, she was with him on tour for a good portion of the concerts, there's a photo of them together visiting her friend and newborn baby, Christmas photos of them together with his family etc.

Of course it's possible that they played up the breakup album thing and "relationship journey" so it's lyrically more cohesive. I guess a lot of successful albums have a narrative of some sort - Taylor Swift's albums are a good example, 1989, Reputation and Lover all had a specific narrative. And she might have put earlier songs on these album and adapted them accordingly to fit the respective narratives, why not. But that doesn't mean that she wasn't in a relationship with Harry, in a feud with Kanye or a relationship with Joe.

by Anonymousreply 464October 29, 2020 8:47 AM

R462 I think being "guarded" and "open" can apply in two different ways - one in terms of providing information and context and the other in terms of presence and how you come across. Harry in One Direction actually never talked about his relationships (after Caroline Flack) or other private life, not about drugs or what he truly does in his downtime (always answered "sleeping") or his plans for the future. But to me he still seemed very present and charismatic, open to joke around and connect. I think that was the secret of his magnetism, also on stage. Even when the other guys talked or sang, he drew everyone's eye, because his energy was so palpable. It seems to me that - for whatever reason - he's more guarded or bored or less glowing in that regard now, despite actually mentioning his relationship or therapy or the shrooms.

by Anonymousreply 465October 29, 2020 8:58 AM

Louis and Liam were chaotic in 1d interviews and usually talked or laughed over Harry so he must appreciate having time to get his thoughts across now. All his goofy charisma is still visible in videos and live performances, such as saying he 'bleeds green and yellow' for the Green Bay Packers at his Tiny Desk show.

Agree that Liam has seriously devalued his brand with this TikTok nonsense. The people he's collabing with are unsigned and unknown. His latest 'guest' has only 650 followers on Twitter. TikTok should be a launching pad for a career, not a last resort for someone whose band used to headline stadiums.

I do think Liam is a narcissist who is addicted to public attention. In 2019 he posed on about 30 different red carpets but those events are off the table now.

by Anonymousreply 466October 29, 2020 2:28 PM

[QUOTE] Nobody believes he dated Camille Rowe

On the contrary, I think everyone on this thread believes he dated her, except for you (and a bunch of demented Tumblr Larries).

by Anonymousreply 467October 29, 2020 2:30 PM

The Cam song is out now. What do you all think of it?

by Anonymousreply 468October 30, 2020 12:01 PM

R468 I think it's a nice little song, I like his whisteling. But I think I actually prefer the other song she wrote with Mitch, Tyler and Lori McKenna (but without Harry), Forgetting You. Not sure what that says about me liking Harry's writing lol. Or Mitch's. Or Tyler's.

The lyrics are interesting. Makes me wonder if a similar sentiment is also behind Lights Up - a song he never really explained and only said he doesn't know what it is lol. But parts like "I'm sorry by the way / never coming back down / can't you see? / I could, but wouldn't stay" have a similar feel like Changes. Also that despite "not ever going back" he's still feeling kind of nostalgic and thinks it would "be so sweet if things just stayed the same". And it also fits that if you outgrow your hometown or old life, that you have to ask yourself "who you are".

by Anonymousreply 469October 30, 2020 12:28 PM

Harry will perform at the (virtual) Jingle Bell Ball on 10 December this year.

[quote] Jingle Ball 2020 will invite fans into the artists' homes as they share their personal holiday traditions and perform their biggest hits along with never-before-heard covers of iconic holiday songs.

I can't really imagine he'll invite fans into his home tbh. And who would have thought I'll be glad he covered Wonderful Christmastime last year? Because now we'll have at least that awful song out of the way. I'm not huge on Christmas songs in general, but Wonderful Christmastime has to be one of the most annoying ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470October 30, 2020 12:39 PM

I hate all Christmas songs and would rather he just sang his own songs instead of sappy covers. I doubt we'll see inside his Hampstead house as he's filming in LA between now and the Jingle Ball. He'll probably use Jeff's house.

by Anonymousreply 471November 1, 2020 1:32 AM

Harry looks stunning on set for his new film. It's the first time I've seen him clean shaven since Dunkirk and he looks so much younger. The patchy facial hair ages him and spoilts the fine lines of his jaw and chin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472November 3, 2020 7:52 PM

Think of all the money he saved on razor blades.

by Anonymousreply 473November 3, 2020 8:03 PM

Beards and heavy stubble only looks good if it's the same colour as the hair on your head and if it's consistent, not patchy like Styles' was. His pale brown mustaches was gross and this new look is a vasty improvement. He also looks thinner. Blonde or red or pale brown or grey stubble always looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 474November 3, 2020 8:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475November 4, 2020 7:34 AM

I hated the moustache, it just didn't work at all for his face, but I'm okay with a bit of stubble. But he really looks phenomenal the way he looks now. The pap photos from set are indeed stunning.

I think a hair style with short sides like now suits him so much better and accentuates his great bone structure. Or actually long hair. Not sure why he seems to prefer the half-long sides/chaotic mop of hair like he had 2018 or this summer, imho it does nothing to emphasise his handsome face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476November 4, 2020 8:12 AM

This was truly his worst look ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477November 4, 2020 8:15 AM

He looks great, but let's not get too excited about his look for this movie. He's going to go back to mustached Gucci greasiness as soon as he can.

by Anonymousreply 478November 4, 2020 2:56 PM

At least we'll have this look for the movie! But yes... While I think he might be through with the full on Italy moustache, I fully expect he'll be back to badly fitting, ridiculous outfits (not only by Gucci) afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 479November 5, 2020 1:50 AM

R477, I thiink that's the worse picture of him in existence too. If he'd carried on with it, I'd not have been so interested in him. I like his hair when it's collar length as well and how it was in 2014, the so called 'Prince hair'. His bone structure is so good that he needs to be clean shaven to show it off. Some men use facial hair to create a false jawline but he really doesn't need to.

by Anonymousreply 480November 5, 2020 2:01 AM

if he goes into shooting My Policeman next summer, he'll be clean shaven with short hair again. Tom is a very conventional guy in the novel, style wise. Very good looking but also straight passing. Patrick is the flamboyant one.

by Anonymousreply 481November 5, 2020 2:02 AM

R480 "Prince hair" was a great look too! With his face he has so many good hairstyles to choose from, but seems he prefers the longer sides sticking up version. Maybe in private he also just doesn't care, but during 2018 tour he actually had a professional hair stylist every night and seems like they just put product in his somewhat awkward length hair and told him to shake his head upside down (e.g. Nashville concert).

R481 I hope this project will happen and we'll get confirmation soon, it sounds like an interesting acting challenge. As a role I think he could play both a conventional and a flamboyant character well, independently of the character's (or actor's) sexuality of course. It's just that in real life, it feels to me like he regularly tries a bit too hard with his "quirky" looks and ends up looking like in costume.

To me he always looked great in more toned-down outfits, that also fit his body type with a bit of added extravagance. It drew the eye and fit his vibe, but didn't overwhelm - just showcased his natural handsomeness and charisma. Now it's often all over the place in terms of shapes, colours, materials, accessories etc. and to me it feels distracting from him as a person. It's like those outfits are wearing him instead of the other way round.

by Anonymousreply 482November 5, 2020 5:40 AM

They had to stop filming Don't Worry Darling for 14 days due to a covid-19 case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483November 5, 2020 5:42 AM

Harry (and a ton of other people) will be part of a new Gucci film series thing, which will be released in the second half of November. Since the male models in the recent Gucci Epilogue campaign had moustaches as well, it seems possible that this was the reason why Harry had his in Italy this summer. So here's to hoping it was a one time thing for which he got paid handsomely lol, R474.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484November 5, 2020 5:54 AM

Very interesting, R484. Gucci under Michele does have a habit of uglifying clothes and models. They have Harry at peak beauty to front their brand, yet deck him out in some ghastly costumes. Jared Leto is another face of Gucci who looks hideous now, with a long beard.

by Anonymousreply 485November 5, 2020 6:34 AM

At least Harry is not a lard whore like Niall Hogran, Lewis Fataldi and porky Sam Smith.

by Anonymousreply 486November 6, 2020 12:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487November 6, 2020 2:50 AM

Niall Hogran and Lewis Fataldi hahaha

by Anonymousreply 488November 6, 2020 6:45 AM

Harry's album Fine Line is back up at #5 on Billboard 11 months after it was released! Such longevity.

by Anonymousreply 489November 7, 2020 5:58 AM

Oh really? #5? That's really impressive. Probably the only album released in the past year with such longevity, except maybe Hollywood's Bleeding (I don't know details about its chart performance, but I remember it was there for a while). Realistically he should get a Grammy nomination for Fine Line - either Best Pop Vocal Album or Album of the Year or even both.

by Anonymousreply 490November 7, 2020 11:10 AM

Yeah, it has more longevity than After Hours or Folklore, both of which were released later on. Folklore has already left the top twenty and it only came out in August. I feel Post Malone might be a stealth winner although his album didn't do great the second half of the year.

by Anonymousreply 491November 7, 2020 11:27 PM

Yes, I think a win is doubtful for Harry, but he should get at least a nomination or two. When it comes to winning I think The Weeknd might sweep this year. He certainly is a top contender for the song/record categories due to Blinding Lights, so the Recording Academy might also give him the nominated album awards, if they're lazy. His biggest competition is probably Taylor. Post Malone is a possibility too, but like you said R491, despite its success, the album might be a bit "old news".

If Harry is nominated for one or more categories on 24 November, I wonder if this will prompt him to do some campaigning in terms of special appearances/performances, interviews, stuff to push Golden and such.

by Anonymousreply 492November 8, 2020 12:12 AM

Love this video. A great combination of athletic Harry with the wonderful body and camp silly Harry. He really is a beautiful man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493November 8, 2020 1:26 AM

R493 please. He is not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 494November 8, 2020 8:45 AM

Styles has perfected the art of gay baiting and many gay men fall for it. Why?

by Anonymousreply 495November 8, 2020 9:26 AM

R495 I see a lot of actual gay men somewhat doubtful, it's mostly his female fan base, that is 100 % convinced. Reminds me a bit of when Karamo from Queer Eye, who met Harry personally and partied with him in a gay club in Japan, called him a "straight guy" afterwards and his fans were NOT happy lol. They tried to censor his quote and came for him. Of course Karamo could have been wrong, who knows, but the reaction was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 496November 8, 2020 2:48 PM

Agree about Gucci wearing him instead of the other way round. The Bode stuff is even worse on him - rarely have I seen celebs in worse fitting clothes. The colours, the shapes, the fabrics, it's all wrong. Harry looks better when he dresses casually/himself (?).

by Anonymousreply 497November 8, 2020 4:09 PM

Wild guess, but he seems more ace than anything else. Talking the talk but bland. Maybe being sold as having sex with women who could be his mom when he was 16, the likes of Taylor Swift and being 'shipped' for a (fictional) gay relationship with a friend wasn't it. Ten years later he is still marketed mainly via his (to me nonexistant) sex appeal, underage girls thirsting over him in a disturbing manner. This guy is a field day for a psychologist for sure (and therefore interesting to me).

by Anonymousreply 498November 8, 2020 4:46 PM

R497 Yes, I agree, his style is usually much better when he's not dressing up or whatever.

His stylist Harry Lambert is now also working with Emma Corrin, who as a 24 year old woman with a great figure would look great in most things, I reckon. But he recenlty shared what he put her into for her Graham Norton show appearance and... lol. That dress might look good and fun for a fashion editorial, in the right pose with an interesting setting - maybe some Alice in Wonderland vibes. But for a talk show appearance? She'll have to sit in that thing for an hour and talk about her work, while everyone will be distracted by it. The dress also marvellously manages to make her hip area look broad and bloated (when it isn't) and her good pair of legs look like sticks. And that pleat looks wonky in the front.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499November 8, 2020 7:08 PM

R498 I'd disagree that he's mainly marketed for his sex appeal these days. How so? I mean, his image is sometimes weirdly disjointed, because yes, we have topless stuff and him saying his album is about sex and sadness, but the next moment he's back in his grandpa (or grandma) clothes and predominately marketed as loveable, cute dork. It's hardly an aggressively "sexy" image (would also be hard in Harry Lambert's stylings lol), which would also contradict your asexual perception of him. I suspect it would also deter the underage girls, because for a lot of them it feels much safer to thirst over a cute dork. I've seen them say how he was too "intimidating" back in 2015, before his solo career image took shape, even though he was just 21 back then and therefore closer to their own age.

by Anonymousreply 500November 8, 2020 7:38 PM

'Rarely have I seen someone in such ill fitting clothes'

Take a look at this fat fuck, then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501November 8, 2020 11:29 PM

Harry basically had two music videos about group sex so he was sending a message. He's just the type to love multiple people fawning over him in bed. Hypersexual rather than asexual. However, fangirls are ignoring his hints that he likes orgies because that's one thing they wouldn't approve of.

by Anonymousreply 502November 8, 2020 11:32 PM

R500 I agree with most of what you say, especially the "weirdly disjointed" projected image. They're just giving everybody everything, mainly the "cute dork with a side of shirt off". Lately it is more fun less sex, but still his audience seems to stay very young girls, which might not be what they're going for in the long run. So they throw in some gaybaiting for the old 1D fans, which all the gays I know hate, speaking up more and more loudly recently. Anyway, we'll see if he grows out of I'll-do-whatever or if he's just not that deep. His looks won't last forever, but that's old news too...

by Anonymousreply 503November 9, 2020 10:35 AM

R502 These videos are a far, far cry from orgies. It's just to make the fangirls cry about how "open", unlabeled and respectful towards women he is. A calculated (very low) risk. I don't know about his sexuality but I'm sure his public persona is no indication of anything.

by Anonymousreply 504November 9, 2020 10:42 AM

R503 I think they tried to go for a new, older audience at the beginning of his first solo era - if you watch his Behind The Album documentary now it seems very different in terms of mood, focus, setting etc. It's quite reflective, adult, focusing on him as musician and the performances are very stripped down, just Harry in the midst of his band. I think it was well done, right down to technical stuff like cuts, framing and especially lighting. I just think that while they managed to attract new fans with his first era, he was still caught in the middle between not gaining enough new, older fans and the teenage fans feeling disenchanted with this new turn.

If I compare it to now I think it's clear they shifted focus for broader appeal and "more fun" (as Harry would say lol). Away from the "dry" musical stuff, more frilly fashion, bubblegum colours, cute, dorky content and a bit of genderbending hotness and edgy mushrooms. I think they obviously tried to get the young fans back on board and fittingly a lot of promo this era is about them (website compliments, Eroda stuff, Golden postcards etc.). Even his Forum Behind the Scenes short film is quite different: It has hardly any actual behind the scenes stuff, it's mostly footage of the concert/crowd and of course endless interviews with "relatable" crying teenage fangirls (and the occasional young gay guy), who tell the camera how Harry made them feel comfortable with themselves. It's all generation z catnip, if you ask me, with the added bonus of actually showing less of Harry. And it definitely worked, he's more successful than ever, it's very impressive! He obviously expanded his audience beyond 1D, because all this also works outside of old 1D fans. He also gained some older fans through his radio presence, who might no care either way about his promo, they just like the catchy radio songs and that he's a nice guy, who can sing.

As such - broadening the audience, securing his spot in the music industry as solo artist - he might have done everything right this era, but as you said, I'm very curious where it will all lead and if this is sustainable in the long run, in terms of continued appeal, his fan base, what new fans he'll attract and of course also on a personal fulfillment level.

by Anonymousreply 505November 9, 2020 1:16 PM

R504 I actually agree with both you and R502. I can very well imagine he's a kinky, hypersexual guy in whatever form and there are enough hints about that from over the years. I'm pretty sure he had his fun. And who wouldn't in his position? But as you both said, no matter what, the fans definitely focus on the "open", unlabelled/bi-/pansexual thing and him being "himself" and the message or whatever, because anything that could hint at the dreaded "womaniser image" would be frowned upon. And yes, with the way Harry carefully and strictly separates his private and public life nowadays, I also don't think it's an indication for anything.

by Anonymousreply 506November 9, 2020 1:37 PM

Harry got named Variety Hitmaker of the Year. He'll have an issue with a cover and extensive photo shoot & interview in early December. Last year Billie Eilish got the same. This is really good thing for Harry and eventual Grammy buzz! Such industry approved recognition is so much more worth than any fan-voted MTV awards, so it's nice to see.

On a personal level I don't get my hopes up for the photo shoot. Between Lambert (The Face was the only exception where he was styled by someone else, like it's usually the case for magazines) and Parker Woods it will probably resemble the Guardian shoot - something "edgy" with Harry in shapeless dress(es) in front of an austere white background or something. Also not expecting anything exciting from the interview tbh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507November 10, 2020 7:20 PM

[quote]Harry got named Variety Hitmaker of the Year.

I like Harry, but this is a joke. The awards should be renamed "Variety Payola Artists of the Year."

His singles were tanking across all streaming platforms until his label stepped in and spent huge amounts of payola at radio to play his songs and make them hits. He's only had one week at #1 in his career, and that was because of radio, so Variety naming him Hitmaker of the Year is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 508November 10, 2020 7:28 PM

Congrats to him. But I don't even care. He has no personality. He's a recluse until he has to sell something. He doesn't speak for himself. He's afraid to just BE, to mess up, to say the wrong thing, the ultimate people pleaser. He didn't even speak on Biden until it was safe to do so. Fuck this boring man!

by Anonymousreply 509November 10, 2020 7:51 PM

R508 I don't know that feels like one of the Larrie/Louis fans conspiracy theories floating around. Payola hits usually get big fast and then freefall, which happened neither to Adore You nor Watermelon Sugar. It's true that both had good radio support, but they climbed the radio ladder slowly and not with anything like playing on the radio every hour on release day or something like that. Adore You has been on the pop radio chart forever now, if that's due to huge amounts of payola then Columbia should be broke by now lol.

And Watermelon Sugar didn't really tank, because it wasn't even a single until the music video was released and it was sent to radio, which obviously gave it a boost, but it's clear why that song did better during summer than winter. Btw it's the only Harry song I've heard some of my friends play (who aren't fans of Harry whatsoever) and I'm not from the US, so no big US radio payola influence here.

Apart from that (and Harry in general) radio success and streaming success doesn't always go hand in hand. There are some artist with huge streaming numbers that hardly get played on radio, because they have their legion of fans, but not broad appeal accross genres and audiences. On the other hand Lewis Capaldi's Before You Go gets played on radio all the damn time and it has way less streams than Watermelon Sugar despite being a single much longer.

In any case Adore You and Watermelon Sugar, as well as Fine Line as an album, were among the hits of the past year - no matter how. I doubt Columbia did anything different than Billie Eilish's label last year. Or The Weeknd's or Dua Lipa's now. Or Taylor's label and her folklore singles still didn't become hits. The pop music industry is a mess, but I don't get why people seem to fixate on Harry's alleged payola, whereas every other top 10 artist is always organic and fan driven only lol.

by Anonymousreply 510November 11, 2020 12:14 AM

R509 The way people seem to rely on random celebrities to make political statements - even when it's pretty self-evident where Harry stands - is pretty ridiculous to me. If you are old enough to vote, you should be old enough to form your own opinion and vote for the person you think will be best for the country (or in this case: who is not unhinged) and nothing a pop singer tweets or says should change any of that. And when was it ever "unsafe" for people in the entertainment industry to support Biden, especially with Harry's audience? I'd be hard pressed to name a celebrity that didn't support Biden.

And I mean, yes, I agree with you, I'd like for him to let his personality shine more often, to just be and joke without fear of offending people or messing up or whatever and be present and engaging in interviews, not saying the same three sings in every 5 minute radio interview. I'd like to see more of Harry Styles as the person we seemingly have known for all these years since he came onto that x factor stage.

But I'd rather not have him be one of the celebrities, who borrow politics (or rather: a very shallow take on it) to make themselves more interesting, because otherwise they have no personality to speak of. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I'm kind of tired of that.

by Anonymousreply 511November 11, 2020 12:33 AM

'His singles were tanking across all streaming platforms until his label stepped in and spent huge amounts of payola at radio to play his songs and make them hits. '

You're hilarious. Watermelon Sugar spent longer at one on Pop Radio than any other single has this year. 46 weeks. That's not payola. His singles had huge streaming numbers from day one. The album has been streamed 2.9b times already and shifted 3.5m units. Platinum within 3 months in the US and also platinum in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 512November 11, 2020 12:57 AM

There's so much resentment of Harry's success amongst fans of the other men, especially Niall and Louis fans. Both their albums tanked this year. I don't think either has even managed 400k worldwide or they'd have more certificates.

by Anonymousreply 513November 11, 2020 1:02 AM

[quote]His singles had huge streaming numbers from day one.

That's not true. Let's not rewrite history. Lights Up and Adore were flops on streaming platforms when first released. His label panicked and spent a fortune in radio payola to make Adore a hit.

by Anonymousreply 514November 11, 2020 1:15 AM

Lights Up got 21.5 million streams on Spotify in its first week. Most of Niall's album tracks don't even have that now.

by Anonymousreply 515November 11, 2020 1:17 AM

R514 - bitter Zayn or Niall stan who can't count.

by Anonymousreply 516November 11, 2020 1:25 AM

. @Harry_Styles has surpassed 5 billion streams on Spotify. He achieved this with only 24 songs WITHOUT any collabs, features and remixes!

Zayn has only 6b with about 60 songs.

by Anonymousreply 517November 11, 2020 1:37 AM

R514 Where and how did Adore You tank? It surpassed 100 million streams on spotify alone about a month after its release - before it really gained traction on radio. Lights Up did the same within the first month, without any radio support ever. You can still look up all these numbers. Having 100 million streams within the first month is more than Shawn Mendes' last single managed to do and it's in the top 15 of several US radio charts. And he's one of the biggest male pop stars out there right now.

I'm saying this as someone, who doesn't even particularly like most of Harry's hit singles, but this whole "the label panicked and spent a fortune in radio payola" conspiracy theory doesn't have a leg to stand on. Even apart from the numbers speaking a clear language, the label would be idotic if they really spent a "fortune" on a middling song. They're a business out for maximum profit, not a Harry Styles charity. If they were inclined to spend a fortune to create a hit, why didn't they do so with the singles of Harry's first album? Makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 518November 11, 2020 3:13 PM

New article in Vogue. Harry is the only musician I know, whose stylist gives more interviews than the artist himself. Harry's last interview was in March iirc, Lambert has at least given two interviews since then. Also this bit about the 2015 AMA suit: "Stylist Harry Lambert, [...] decided it was time for the boy-bander to try something new." Makes it sound like Harry is just a doll that gets dressed up by his stylist. But the article explains well the value Harry has for a brand like Gucci.

I don't follow Jared Leto, but since he's a Gucci testimonial as well: Does anyone know, if his fans automatically connect him to his stylist (does he have one?) or Gucci the same way as Harry? Has it a similar importance for them?

Also sidenote, but sad that at least two out of the three quoted fan accounts are Larries. However their presence, especially in fashion related stuff, might explain some...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519November 11, 2020 3:46 PM

Btw, this is just a minor thing, but both of Harry's BBC Live Lounge covers, The Chain from 2017 and Juice from 2019, have now surpassed in views any Live Lounge performance by One Direction. Juice is currently the second most viewed Live Lounge performance ever, less than a year after is release, only surpassed by Justin Bieber's 4+ years old Cold Water. The Chain is #7. All in all Harry is now in the thumbnail of 4 videos in the top 10, not a bad ratio lol. The only other artist with more than one is Justin, since he has two songs in the top 10.

by Anonymousreply 520November 11, 2020 4:06 PM

R520. His band's cover of The Chain was boring. He's a cult of personality. People would buy an album of him farting through a cheap microphone.

by Anonymousreply 521November 11, 2020 4:58 PM

R521 I loved it! I also like the original, but his voice sounds really great in it and gave it a new spin. Imho it's this kind of sound, where his great voice, the warm tone, slight rasp and soulful delivery really shines.

by Anonymousreply 522November 11, 2020 5:17 PM

R514 is probably one of those people who think Fine Line had a 90m marketing budget.

by Anonymousreply 523November 11, 2020 11:43 PM

R522. It was more a comment on his band. They were obviously not equipped to play that song. The guitarist, bassist, and drummer were totally lousy. People don't know what good (instrumental) music sounds like anymore. People just like Harry and his voice.

by Anonymousreply 524November 12, 2020 12:22 AM

Harry's in Vogue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525November 13, 2020 12:49 PM

First solo male on the cover apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 13, 2020 1:08 PM

And still so boring. I am so meh on this photo shoot.

by Anonymousreply 527November 13, 2020 6:04 PM

Wow, Harry is revolutionary! First EVER solo male Vogue cover in history. The hater on this thread will be crying bitter tears all night. His fashion icon status has been cemented for life now.

by Anonymousreply 528November 14, 2020 12:47 AM

Just like Kim Kardashian's fashion icon status?

by Anonymousreply 529November 14, 2020 2:28 AM

A straight white man puts on a dress: Wow, sooo progressive, he's an icon, destroyed toxic masculinity, blah blah

A gay man puts on a dress: As long as they keep that to themselves I've nothing against it

by Anonymousreply 530November 14, 2020 3:29 AM

Very mixed reaction to the V thing.

Fangirls love it, but they think he's 'in a glass closet'. He isn't, he's either in a regular closet (of his choice) or, much more likely, straight as a ruler. Because, you know, your clothes don't really show sexual preferences. Shocking, I know.

To everybody else he comes off attention seeking and gay baiting again, those voices are getting louder. He can't sit on the fence much longer, especially with the gay movie thing (80% sure he won't do it).

They've tested reactions now, we'll see which side of the fence he lands on. My guess is a generic "Alright, I'm bi" remark to please everybody (again). Seems to be what people want, a clear, nonthreatening label. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 531November 14, 2020 3:52 AM

Very mixed reaction to the V thing.

Fangirls love it, but they think he's 'in a glass closet'. He isn't, he's either in a regular closet (of his choice) or, much more likely, straight as a ruler. Because, you know, your clothes don't really show sexual preferences. Shocking, I know.

To everybody else he comes off attention seeking and gay baiting again, those voices are getting louder. He can't sit on the fence much longer, especially with the gay movie thing (80% sure he won't do it).

They've tested reactions now, we'll see which side of the fence he lands on. My guess is a generic "Alright, I'm bi" remark to please everybody (again). Seems to be what people want, a clear, nonthreatening label. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 532November 14, 2020 3:52 AM

R532 I suspect his team will take the mixed reactions of the general public as proof of how groundbreaking, avantgarde and important it is what he does. Even though in reality most of the negative reactions I've seen weren't even about a guy in a dress. They rather just didn't like the look of the outfits or thought they don't fit Harry specifically for a variety of reason (not for his body type, feels inorganic or performative on him, looks like he's just wearing a costume etc.). Also saw some people saying they actually like Harry and his music, but they still thought it looked silly or pretentious.

But from how he handeled people's reactions to Emma Corrin's dress at the Graham Norton show, it seems that Lambert is very much immune to any criticism. And for now it obviously works out for Harry, the reactions from the fashion industry, media and celebrities were resoundingly positive and of course the fans love it, so it doesn't really matter if the public's opinion is divided.

I guess possible problems in the future might come from where they'll take it and how he'll feel about it, especially if it's inorganic. Harry emphasised the need to evolve, but will he? And how? Go full on Billy Porter or Lady Gaga? Diall it down, despite having made edgy and flamboyant his brand? Lambert said in an interview he always wants to take it further, so I don't see the latter. And even if Harry might not feel like it anymore (which is impossible according to his fans, since this is his "true self") he won't split from his long-time personal friend Lambert. I suspect he'd just divide even more strictly between private and public persona.

On that note I also don't think he'll ever publicly clarify anything about his sexuality. He had plenty of great opportunities for a remark about it, generic or not, but didn't, so I doubt he'll do now unless something unexpected happens.

by Anonymousreply 533November 14, 2020 12:43 PM

Btw just wanted to clarify that no matter if I think his current aesthetic or that Vogue shoot specifically is great or crap, getting that first ever solo male Vogue cover is still huge in terms of career milestones, becoming a houshold name and of course also not to be underestimated for his Grammy campaign. So maybe it was all leading up to this moment? And purely from a management point of view they've done everything right so far, because it got them to this point of success. So definitely kudos for that, I certainly appreciate a clever hustle.

My gripes come more from how I perceive it on a personal level, wondering if this trajectory will lastingly translate into broadening his fan base beyond his main demographic and what it will mean longterm - both for his career as a musician and for him personally. And also for me as a fan I guess.

by Anonymousreply 534November 14, 2020 1:19 PM

R533 Oh his management did well for sure - so far. The Grammy seems to be what they want and they might get it. But to me his image feels quite fragile right now and at least part of the audience seems rather turned off, so I'm expecting a change of direction. No clue what he personally wants, he's all over the place and that's fine at his age. The interviews I've read are just reiterations of talking points.

by Anonymousreply 535November 14, 2020 2:51 PM

He was hot with the long hair, white tshirt and black skinny jeans, downwards from then on. Burn all the rags, frills and lace...and don't get me started on the grandpa trousers, the tragic shiplap and depressing linen - what's next, a shaved head or sandals? It's like he wants to look ugly to see if everybody still likes him.

by Anonymousreply 536November 14, 2020 3:00 PM

R535 Part of his audience might be turned off, but others are drawn to his new aesthetic, his message of finally being himself and the whole kindness brand and woke consent king stuff. So I guess he is just changing the makeup of his audience, but not really losing fans when it comes to numbers. If the new fans are also "easier" fans, or if they are more fickle and possibly offended by any perceived misstep will be seen.

Personally I think broader appeal might result in a less obsessed fan base right now, but a more relaxed one in the long run - just people, who love your music and think you're a nice lad, but that's it. And I also think it's the most comfortable position for a performer to be in. But after seeing some of the backlash for the Vogue shoot, I actually think they won't change direction now, but see it as proof of how much Harry in a dress is a message of inclusivity and therefore needed for the betterment of society.

by Anonymousreply 537November 14, 2020 10:49 PM

R536 What's next is a good question, the aesthetic of his next era might be .. interesting lol.

I don't really buy his "I was so self-conscious and didn't dare to be myself before" talk. As you said, he was hot and even more importantly seemed very much at home in his long hair, white shirt and black jeans. It didn't feel forced to me. And I refuse to believe that someone, who is afraid to be himself would absolutely own a stage the way he did back then. Unlike now he had to share it with 3/4 other guys and most eyes were still on him. Even in interviews when he was just sitting there, he seemed to have that magnetic energy. So yeah, I don't know I get what he means, when he says the same five things about his newfound confidence/fun/freedom in every interview and for every photo shoot, where he looks uncomfortable and like someone else dressed him up.

by Anonymousreply 538November 14, 2020 11:05 PM

'Diall it down, despite having made edgy and flamboyant his brand?'

He's already dialled it down from the Beauty Papers shoot which remains the most extreme he's been so far. He'll continue combining conventionally masculine clothes with conventionally female clothes, but he's not going to go full circus like Gaga or Billy. He never colours or does anything weird to his hair, for a start.

Reactions on here and places like the DM comments are interesting. Many seem to think that you need a junkie skinny body like Bolan or Bowie in order to carry off dresses and skirts. The same people would also fat shame any woman over 140 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 539November 15, 2020 12:57 AM

"He never colours or does anything weird to his hair, for a start." - yet lol. But you're probably right and he'll continue in a similar vein, despite his talk of different eras. However combining conventionally masculine & feminine clothes is a wide field. He's been doing that to some extent (and fittingly) since 2012, but it's a difference between wearing a heart-patterned blouse or white women's jeans and a Harris Reed gown. Since early 2018 he more or less continually turned it up.

I don't really care if it's called masculine or feminine - his 2014/15 style could have come straight out of Alison Mosshart's wardrobe (so all "female" or gender neutral pieces?) and looked great. On the other hand the BRITs outfit was technically an even mix between "masculine" trousers and braces and "feminine" laces, pearls and gloves and imho it was shapeless and awful and didn't fit him at all. If I just look at the evolution from 2017 Dunkirk promo to the 2019/20 ("masculine") grandpa outfits, it's not giving me much hope for next era tbh.

Harry is in no way "fat", but he has a certain (actually very attractive) lightly muscled, broad-shouldered body shape, that makes clothes look on him differently than e.g. on Harris Reed with their very tall, lanky frame. Trying to interchange that takes away from both the designs and Harry. Reed's designs look much better on themselves than on Harry, but I'm sure other things that would look great on Harry would not fit Reed. In the end it's not about being short or tall or skinny or fat, just finding styles that look good on your individual body - and fit or enhances your energy or personality or whatever you want to call it, instead of making you look dressed up.

by Anonymousreply 540November 15, 2020 6:08 AM

He's balding. His career will be over in 2-3 years. What exactly is groundbreaking about a straight white guy playing dress up being on the cover of Vogue? He. Is. Manufactured.

by Anonymousreply 541November 15, 2020 6:58 PM

He had the same hairline since forever. In the photo below he was 20 and it looked basically the same. So if he's "balding" it will be slowly and not in the next 2-3 years, if you wanted to imply that his career thrives and dies with his hair. Apart from that any pop star's career can in theory be over in 2-3 years, but so far there's no indication for it. The hype is his right now, he's relevant in the media and a constant in the charts - we'll see how it all develops. But he has the voice (if he doesn't ruin it) and talent to have a long-term career that doesn't rely on hype, if he wants that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542November 16, 2020 12:34 AM

Imagine keeping track of an ex-boybanders hairline...

by Anonymousreply 543November 16, 2020 7:23 AM

Like it was said above, he keeps saying the same four or five things in every interview. I don't feel that his drastic fashion change from skinny jeans to his solo style, including the dresses, were his ideas in any way. He's just wearing what his styist says.

by Anonymousreply 544November 17, 2020 3:03 AM

R544 Pretty sure he does. Lambert styled a photo shoot in early 2014, before he was working with Harry, and it had already most of the elements of Harry's later solo style. See for yourself: The lace details, oversized blazers, ruffled necklines and cuffs, a bowler hat (like Beauty Papers), a suit with a wild graphic-floral pattern, high-waisted and wide-legged trousers... The main additional elements in Harry's style now come from Harris Reed (and Lambert is responsible for that collaboration) and Gucci's quirky, Wes Anderson-like outfits, that Lambert combines with similar looking pieces from Marni or Bode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545November 17, 2020 5:00 AM

R545. Lambert has more talent and style than Harry IN SPADES. Lambert will never have the career Harry has because he's an out gay man and thus not marketable as a sex symbol to straight women. Harry's whole androgynous queer act is a PR move to keep women intrigued. Talent rarely factors into fame.

by Anonymousreply 546November 17, 2020 6:27 PM

What are you talking about @546? Lambert is a stylist, not a musician. They're not comparable. To each their own in regards to taste, but Lambert puts Harry in catwalk outfits more than anything. It's not that imaginative, it's just pulling looks directly from the fashion houses.

by Anonymousreply 547November 17, 2020 6:46 PM

OH, at first I was incredibly confused, but then I realised that R546 is talking about ADAM LAMBERT - who is indeed very talented and has his own style and I agree also underrated. I actually find it weird how all those fangirls, who go crazy over Harry being queer, aren't more into an out and proud queer man like him, who is also handsome and has a great voice. And his music is between pop and rock as well.

But I only ever talked about Harry Lambert, Harry Styles's stylist.

by Anonymousreply 548November 18, 2020 12:11 AM

Is her husband a closet homosexual?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549November 19, 2020 11:38 AM

Is her husband a closet homosexual?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550November 19, 2020 11:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!