Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Trump trying to kill people?

He seems to be making decisions based on what will cause the most death in the long run.

Is he actively trying to kill as many Americans as possible? Does he think this will let him retain power? Or is all the death just a convenient distraction from him trying to grift as much money from the federal pot as possible?

Surely it can’t just be incompetence. Too many of his cronies are raking in the cash from this crisis for it just to be stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 3:14 PM

Especially with this push to open the churches. I'm not a churchgoer but there are a ton of dumb as fuck parishoners that will go now that he opened them up.

I mean we can always stand to lose a few evangelicals...

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2020 11:21 AM

He is getting crazy cocky restless when he announced that even if there is a big return of the virus the US would NOT be closed down ever again - he CAN’T WAIT to get his big jam packed rallies going - I think that is why he wants packed churches and sporting events - so he can slip his rallies in without getting called out on it. I wonder if anyone will point out how similar his behavior has been to the President of Brazil?

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 11:27 AM

he didn’t open my church, r1

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 11:28 AM

I read that Catholic churches won't be opening until there's more evidence it's safe.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 12:24 PM

I don’t think he’s trying to actually kill people.

He just sees all the death as an added benefit.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 12:54 PM

The Alabama church that airs mass on EWTN is open. Limited people, who are keeping distance. Not one person wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 12:58 PM

Catholics made be deluded and corrupt, but they’re not stupid like the Protestants are.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 1:13 PM

I'll say it again. Trump is a psychopath. The stealing, the raping, the ripping people off, throwing rocks at the neighbor baby, the way he describes death as beautiful thing, they way he sexualized baby Tiffany the way he continues with Ivanka. He tore Ivana's hair out and raped her. His parents sent him away to that prison of a military school. They knew.

He knows it's only a matter of time before Republicans turn on him and shove him down the memory hole underneath the Bushes, Palin, Dole, McCain and Nixon. His only hope to be remembered is a high death count. He probably watches the numbers like tv ratings. He gets off on it, knowing he'll have his infamy. All attention is good attention to that broken pile of garbage.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 1:27 PM

The GOP has been trying to kill people for a while now. I used to think they wanted to kill liberals (minorities, poor people, women) but with Trump they seem to want everyone dead, even their biggest voting demographics.

I don't know why other than outrageous greed and power have turned a lot of them into monsters.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 1:30 PM

He just pushes for the opposite of what Democrats want to score political points with his base. I don't think he cares about, or thinks about, the aftermath. This has been evident since he took office, especially with his undoing of several of Obama's executive orders.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 1:47 PM

This is true r10, since he's been in office but now it's truly a matter of life and death and it is absolutely shocking the lengths of what Trump, most Republicans and their base will go to stay in power. This pandemic has truly brought out the best and worst of our country.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 2:02 PM

I think it's more a case of Trump not giving a shit about anything or anyone who isn't of some use to him. Not actively trying to kill people, just doesn't care who dies if they're not him or his. He's 'running' the country as if he were a CEO of a company. Since he never felt the need to give a flying fuck about employees, why should he care about these employees, i.e., the American people.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 3:02 PM

There is probably a element of 'killing all the right people': they were happy to see it killing people of color in large urban centers in blue-voting states as long as it didn't trickle into the heartland.

Now, that genie is too far out the bottle because stupidity, so they're starting to panic.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 3:06 PM

If he was actively trying to kill people, nobody would be dying. He's that incompetent.

It's just collateral damage for whatever agenda he's got front of mind [sic] on the day.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 3:10 PM

I think Stephen Miller is definitely trying to kill people. Jared doesn't care; he's admitted so much.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 3:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!