Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, Do please let me know your thoughts on the Central Missouri showplace

11 bedrooms, elevator, bidet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 3:53 PM

I don’t hate the exterior. The interior looks like life was just frozen in place circa 1972. It’s definitely Elvis turn-key ready.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2020 2:36 AM

Someone should buy it and preserve it as a time capsule/museum of the 1970s.

Zillow indicates it is certainly cheap enough

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 2:37 AM

How is it so preserved? Did all the children die in a tragic accident and the bereft parents closed it up? Was it a cult? From the back, it looks like a cult. The exterior needs a happier color scheme. The inside looks like a great place for Indian Guides and Girl Scouts, sleepovers and Halloween parties. It also looks evil due to the frozen in time vibe.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 2:47 AM

It looks like something that popped out of a trunk of a Matt Helm movie.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 2:49 AM

Some of that furniture is fabulous ! those yellow velvet couches are delicious . Love some of the art as well . it surely does look like someone hit it really big in the 70s and decorated all at once,then never touched it again. Tacky it may be,but I bet it was a fabulous place to grow up in as a teen in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 2:49 AM

Hey -Don't blame the 70s for this monstrosity.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 2:52 AM

I would consider it if a Walmart is within a 10 minute drive.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 2:55 AM

It would look exactly like a Howard Johnson motor lodge if it had an orange roof.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 2:58 AM

That spiral staircase would not be advisable to trek up or down after a few drinks. But alas, there's an elevator! And yes, the back of the house does look like a cult headquarters or a church camp.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 3:02 AM

It raises many questions. The carpets are not worn. The colors on the fabrics and wall paper and walls, not faded.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 3:08 AM

Wow, just wow.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 3:09 AM

What I don’t get is this place is in the middle of nowhere..

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 1:54 PM

The governess who kept the dozen children in line, in those barracks out back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 3:35 PM

I mean, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 3:39 PM

It looks like a hillbilly whorehouse.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 3:50 PM

What with the computer generated images and the motel attached to the rear?

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 3:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!