Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Etsy

A rip-off site. Fake merh sold by suspicious people who won’t ship your purchases.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2020 11:23 AM

You misspelled 'meth,' OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2020 12:00 AM

I meant merch but my fucking spell correct fucked up

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 12:02 AM

I've ordered a few things from Etsy and never had a problem with anyone I ordered from.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 12:03 AM

Sorry, OP, if you had a problem.

That has not been my problem and I've bought several things from etsy over time from multiple sellers.

Did you check the reviews for the vendor you used?

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 12:04 AM

^ should be "my experience", not "my problem".

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 12:09 AM

No problem with Etsy Plenty of problems with Amazon crap that ships directly from China.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 12:26 AM

It’s all crap. Just find a trusted person who seeks the best crap, and buy it from them.

Never again will I spend 3K on a freakin’ purse, or 5K on a business suit for work. I have done so several times when making decent money, & saved for some purchases. I cannot do this any longer, nor do I need to. Plenty of great merch can be found if one knows where to look, and one doesn’t need to blow thousands of dollars to get well made merchandise.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 2:01 AM

I've ordered several things from Etsy and all went well. I find cool craft things for my mom all the time, and haven't had any problems yet.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 2:03 AM

I've bought a number of great hats on Etsy at very reasonable prices. I wear hats daily - no, not balding. (Yet) - so this was a great find. I originally thought Etsy was a frauen site but, no, there's plenty there for the discerning gent

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 8:20 PM

Then don't buy the fake merch. I order masks, bags, and other items obviously made by the sellers and have never had a problem with anything not arriving.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 8:27 PM

Ditto on Amazon China. Ordered in April 2020. Last possible due date late June 2020.

Amazon website says it has not arrived yet. Package showed up early May. Trace shows package at USPS Chino, CA.

I ordered Impeach Trump Flip Flops from Etsy. No problems.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 8:30 PM

I've been scammed twice by Chinese sellers on Amazon. Was refunded by Amazon (after a considerable delay) on one transaction.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 8:34 PM

#FrauProblems

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 8:35 PM

Etsy is one of the more reliable internet merchants, I’ve found. My first purchase from Etsy was more than ten years ago. My most recent purchase was a handmade mask, last month. If you read each crafter’s description carefully, look at reviews, etc., you can do very well with Etsy.

Agree about Amazon’s China merch.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 8:48 PM

I bought tie-dyed t-shirts from an old hippie lady on Etsy 15 years ago. They are the most beautiful tie-dyes I have ever seen, and genuinely trippy. Also she would make them on requested designs and colors. I wore them to hippie lux watering holes in the Mediterranean and sent a lot of business to this person who has since retired. Where else but Etsy would I ever have found such a crafts person.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 8:50 PM

I haven't had a problem with Etsy, over the years I've bought items there a half dozen times, maybe more.

I think the OP is likely the problem here. It's lockdown, OP. There are lots of people who are in hard quarantine and/or dead and/or in mourning.

Tell us more. What did you order and what state and city did you order it from?

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 8:53 PM

I found this guy on Etsy. I want him to make the bed frame linked below, without the headboard, just the wood border going all the way around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 3:54 AM

A lot of sites that are portals through which anyone can set up a shop (Amazon Affiliates, Etsy, Storenvy, etc) have been inundated with Chinese scammers who either (1) won't ship but instead provide you with a fake Yanwen tracking number or mark it as "shipped" without ever sending it, or (2) will ship you a cheap, poorly made or counterfeit item. I got burnt once or twice, contacted the sellers through the Amazon system and told them bluntly that I know that the item had never shipped and that I was provided a fake tracking number. They immediately offered the refund with no further back-and-forth. I was dumb for not scrutinizing their feedback before ordering; there, I discovered that it was a pattern with those sellers, but "they offered refunds" so the feedback was not exclusively negative. My question to those who understand better how the scam works: if the scam is to charge you for something and never ship it, knowing that they'll have to refund you eventually, what exactly is their endgame?

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 4:29 AM

Anyone selling anything on Etsy, making money?

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2020 10:52 AM

Quite badly misspelled too R1.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2020 10:58 AM

Well I see someones' antique rose gold dildo never arrived.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2020 11:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!