Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Colorado City

Going to a wedding and need advice on things to do, mainly eating, drinking and shopping. We will be leaving Houston and driving to Amarillo ( blech) and staying in a La Quinta because it's pet friendly. Is it really mountainous. I'm a flatlander and a bit apprehensive about driving in mountains.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 8:48 PM

Okay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 9:49 PM

[italic]So[/italic]full of shit, OP. It's over 200 miles from Colorado City to Amarillo. There are tons of hotels in the Colorado City area. A number of cities are nearer CS than Amarillo.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 9:51 PM

I'm breaking the trip in amarillo. Sorry I wasn't clear. Why would someone stay in amarillo if they are going to a wedding in colorado?

Thanks R1 but I figured someone on DL would have insider opinions, not google.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 9:54 PM

Crazy thing OP--seems there's this pandemic going on and a lot of things may be closed when you get there.

Just a heads up!

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2020 9:57 PM

You're going to stay at the newer La Quinta by the airport, right? I haven't been to Colorado City, but I did stay at that La Quinta and it very nice and new. Looks just like the photos. It's the cheapest hotel chain to have pets stay with you. Very quiet, mostly truckers at that location.

Good luck on your road trip.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2020 9:58 PM

I believe so r5.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2020 10:00 PM

Colorado City what, OP? Texas? Somewhere else? Your OP says "Colorado City."

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2020 10:11 PM

Someone is having a wedding in the midst of the pandemic?! All the weddings I knew of were cancelled, the couples forgoed trying to do any big event.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2020 10:15 PM

How could there be anything to do in CC? It's a small village of just over 4000. Maybe they'll host a dinner on the ground at the CC First Baptist church while you're there OP.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2020 10:18 PM

Well,I'm out of it today. Colorado Springs, not city. I was reading about folds the other day. Must have gotten stuck in my head.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 12:22 AM

Okay now, Colorado Springs is a different matter. That's a sizeable city. Should be loads to do there. And yes, it's mountainous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 12:51 AM

I was trying to figure out if the bride was mormon R1 when I realized my error.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 1:13 AM

Colorado City is the base of a fundamentalist (read: paedo-polygamy) Mormon sect in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 3:04 AM

There's also a Colorado City in Texas. That's where I first assumed the OP was going.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 9:49 AM

Can I go to a weed shop and bring back across the border into Texas?

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 7:14 PM

Yes, brilliant idea, R15. Buy legal weed in Colorado, and smuggle it into a state where it's a felony, with troopers lined up in every county waiting to pull you over for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 8:40 PM

Hey I work with a middle aged woman who does it all the time R16.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 8:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!