Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Proof The Movie "Contagion" Was Unrealistic

Nobody in the movie was yelling about their rights being violated

Nobody was in the movie as a "religious freak" saying its "God's Will"

Nobody in the movie was ignoring "social distancing" orders

The beaches were empty, while in real-life they are PACKED

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2020 12:59 AM

Gwyneth Paltrow is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 1:41 AM

there were protestors in the movie

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 8:47 PM

R2 were the protestors saying the virus was fake and demanding the country re-open?

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2020 12:57 AM

It’s pretty accurate considering it was created without the benefit of the author actually having witnessed a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2020 1:46 AM

Every single thing depicted in the movie has come to pass this year. Every single thing.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2020 1:58 AM

That disease was much more contagious, led to almost certain, horrible death for everyone. I don’t see people going to the beach with that on the loose.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2020 4:48 AM

I read that SARS has a much greater fatality rate. If this were more SARS like, it would be a bigger disaster than the Great Depression and 1918 flu combined.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2020 2:23 PM

I have been patient but this whole “staying alive” thing is getting tedious.

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2020 12:04 AM

Gwyneth Paltrow was depicted as having brain matter.

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote] Every single thing depicted in the movie has come to pass this year. Every single thing.

Where are the scenes of people pushing back against the lockdown calling it fake news? Where are the scenes of people saying this virus is no more dangerous than the flu? Where are the scenes saying this is a conspiracy to bring down the world economy

I can go on .....

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2020 8:17 PM

r6 NAILED IT! The disease in Contagion was far more deadly and contagious than COVID-19. Trust, if COVID was like the disease in Contagion, nobody’s ass would be at beaches and outdoor cafes.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2020 8:22 PM

Wait till the new version of The Stand comes out...

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2020 9:39 PM

I just re-watched Contagion last night for the second time, with my first viewing in February when alarm bells were going off in China and the first cases were starting to emerge in Europe. Now after all this time, it is crazy to me how realistic it was. Terms that we had never heard of or at least weren't part of our day to day vernacular: social distancing, contact tracing, Rnot values, a hand washing demo from Lawrence Fishburne (head of CDC) b/c it could be picked up on surfaces. In my opinion, they really nailed it to the point that I actually was feeling a bit emotional where on the first viewing, I was like, "wouldn't that be crazy". When the vaccine comes out, those who received the first batch all had to wear hospital looking bracelets. The first vaccine came out 133 days after the start (not realistic), but the lottery was such that the next one wasn't held for another 150 days, so those without the bracelet had to wait. Matt Damon's daughter in the film had to have a socially distanced from for 2 at the end, which was probably supposed to be uplifting, but I found it very depressing.

What felt most unrealistic to me was why Kate Winslet, who seemed to know that it was airborne or aerosol and was one of the most competent, wasn't wearing a mask at all times when out in a hot spot community. It really was eery, down to Sanjay Gupta interviewing the CDC, seeing the US map light up red all over just as we see everyday. What a wild experience. I recommend a second viewing now in the thick of it.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2020 5:43 PM

Well, [italic]Contagion[/italic] got this part right:

[quote]LOS ANGELES — When people began dying from the coronavirus in the United States, for a few weeks funeral home owner Candy Boyd declined to receive the remains of such patients.

[quote]There were too many unknowns, and Boyd didn’t feel like her employees had the training or equipment to safely handle the remains of people who may have active COVID-19 infection in their bodies. But the calls kept coming. Desperate families said other funeral homes were also not receiving people who died of the virus.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2020 11:56 PM

There should have been scenes of anti-maskers threatening and/or attacking clearly terrified teenage girls working their first jobs hostessing at low-end restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2020 12:01 AM

Jude Law was pushing a fake cute like Trump....

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2020 12:06 AM

Cure not cute.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2020 12:06 AM

It was too realistic. We've all gotten as fat as Matt Damon in this movie.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2020 12:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!