Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tracee Ellis Ross is not nearly as beautiful as her mother

There, I said it.

Sorry, but Diana Ross has much more feminine and beautiful features than her daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 4, 2020 7:40 AM

Side by side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 7:35 PM

Oh, CHRISTINA!

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 7:35 PM

Tracee reminds me of a Gorgon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 7:36 PM

She did get her mother's diva gene though. She's a hell raising bitch on her show blackish, to the point where lowlings can't look at her. Very disappointed knowing this.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 7:36 PM

She’s a beneficiary of nepotism. There’s no way she’s be this successful without Mommy.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 7:36 PM

No nearly as beautiful? She's as homely as can be, but she does not bend to it. And good for her.

Tracee Ellis Ross is a perfect example of a woman not needing to be beautiful to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 7:38 PM

Whoever said she was???

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 7:38 PM

Does she do all her own makeup?

She always looks HORRIBLE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 7:38 PM

The actress who portrays Rainbow as a child ind Mixed-ish is prettier than she is. .

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 7:38 PM

Truth be said, she is a pretty decent actress.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 7:38 PM

Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 7:39 PM

I agree, she is a good actress but she's a bitch. Needlessly so.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 7:39 PM

More horrible self-makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 7:39 PM

Her colors never match.

Maybe she's color blind?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 7:40 PM

I actually quite like her, but the first time I saw a picture of her, knowing that her mother was Diana Ross, I knew immediately that her father must have been Jewish. That's the only way someone with 50% Diana's genes could have gotten that long nose.

Kudos to her for not having a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 7:41 PM

You bitches. She looks fine. She studied make-up with the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2020 7:41 PM

Is she a lesbian? Never linked to a man, no kids and she's in her 40s

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2020 7:41 PM

Tracee made it despite being Diana's daughter. No one has checked for Diana Ross in 25 years. And if being Diana's child was the stepping stone people think it is Evan and whatever Berry Gordy's daughter name is, would have as successful career as Tracee.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2020 7:43 PM

Talk about privilege

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2020 7:52 PM

I'm sure she is painfully aware of your sentiments OP but has accepted it and is not let it define her self worth. However, away from the camera and alone with her thoughts I bet she still cries herself to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2020 7:57 PM

Some of you are harsh. I think she's attractive. More than attractive enough to play the spouse of Anthony Anderson. Is she really a diva on Blackish? If so, that's disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2020 8:00 PM

[quote] Never linked to a man, no kids and she's in her 40s

That could explain why she's such a mean bitch.

Or her bitchiness could explain why she has no man or kids.

It could go either way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2020 8:00 PM

Yes, I do my own makeup!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2020 8:01 PM

I'm gorgeous, dammit!

Stop comparing me to my mother!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2020 8:03 PM

[quote] And if being Diana's child was the stepping stone people think it is Evan and whatever Berry Gordy's daughter name is, would have as successful career as Tracee.

That's not true. Michael Douglas clearly benefited from being Kirk Douglas's son, even though his brothers did not have his success. Same with Mia Farrow being for being the daughter of Maureen Sullivan and John Farrow, even though that did not help Tisa as much.

Nepotism will get you in the door, but then you have to have talent or ability of your own to be a true success. Even so, it DOES initially get your name in front of other people.

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2020 8:05 PM

R4 where did you get that idea?

I worked 'under' her and she was lovely and gracious to all of us.

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2020 8:06 PM

Maybe, not, but with the huge eyes, she has a definite look. She makes a great model for print.

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2020 8:07 PM

She’s not hideous but she ain’t model material at all. That was definitely nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2020 8:07 PM

Her father wasn't bad looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2020 8:08 PM

Tracee definitely blows the theory that biracial kids are good looking.

by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2020 8:10 PM

Here she is with her famous mother. Of course, she's much younger here. She was pretty when she was young, but women with really strong features don't usually age well. Plus, she's half white and that probably doesn't help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2020 8:11 PM

"Tracee definitely blows the theory that biracial kids are good looking. "

As a biracial kid, that's only half the theory - the other half is that we're ugly or "weird" looking and no in between (which is absurd - Tracee herself IMO).

I have heard that many times - "biracial people are either super hot/beautiful/gorgeous or hideous."

by Anonymousreply 32May 22, 2020 8:16 PM

She does not have her mother's looks. But she seems rather decent, right?

by Anonymousreply 33May 22, 2020 8:17 PM

"She’s not hideous but she ain’t model material at all."

If the Hadids are model material, Tracee can be model material.

I think people forget that the history of modeling isn't just the supermodel era with, arguably, actually beautiful women.

by Anonymousreply 34May 22, 2020 8:17 PM

She looks fine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 22, 2020 8:24 PM

R32, my childhood best friend is black. She married a white guy. Great dude. When she got pregnant, she'd call me and worry about that. I had no advice. Other than, who cares? We grew up in a weird town where a black girl and a gay become best friends. Eh, no big deal. She now has two amazing kids.

by Anonymousreply 36May 22, 2020 8:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2020 8:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2020 8:27 PM

I'd never seen her dad before. He really was good-looking, so I guess she got unlucky, like all three of the Willis-Moore girls.

by Anonymousreply 39May 22, 2020 8:33 PM

Tracee, Diana, Rhonda and Chudney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 22, 2020 8:36 PM

She earned her stardom through her work on Girlfriends. I don't think that she or anyone else has ever declared her to be a great beauty, though.

by Anonymousreply 41May 22, 2020 8:39 PM

Colouring aside (and dedication to big hair), she takes after her father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 22, 2020 8:41 PM

Don't know much about Tracee, but my sister dealt with Rhonda as a customer years ago, when she was on Another World, and said she was a top of the heap bitch.

by Anonymousreply 43May 22, 2020 8:41 PM

I always thought Diana Ross was stylish (I haven't seen Mahogany) but she had some terrible looks over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 22, 2020 8:42 PM

big noses love to be passed down wooo

by Anonymousreply 45May 22, 2020 8:44 PM

She got one eye from her mom and the other eye from her dad.

by Anonymousreply 46May 22, 2020 8:49 PM

Most women are not nearly as beautiful as Tracee's mother.

by Anonymousreply 47May 22, 2020 8:50 PM

How much surgery has Diana Ross had to look that good? She’s never been a beauty herself, just glamorous

by Anonymousreply 48May 22, 2020 8:54 PM

Ross was arguably one of those women who willed herself to beauty. She served Little Richard in the early days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 22, 2020 8:55 PM

(sigh...) They all want to be Diana Ross...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 22, 2020 9:01 PM

I always thought that Chudney sounded like a condiment.

by Anonymousreply 51May 22, 2020 9:19 PM

Tracee's dad is hot.

WHET him?

by Anonymousreply 52May 22, 2020 9:37 PM

Tracee with her father in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2020 9:44 PM

"I always thought that Chudney sounded like a condiment. "

Because it's one letter off from chutney. But, you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2020 9:57 PM

Tracee's dad is handsome and unfortunately for her she takes after him. I say unfortunately because what makes a man handsome does not necessarily make a woman pretty and vice versa

by Anonymousreply 55May 22, 2020 10:02 PM

Miss Ross represents the epitome of style, class, elegance, and grace. There aren't many who can pull all of that off.

Also, it helped that she was rail thin and anything that you threw on her would look good.

Tracee has WIDE hips and a BIG butt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 22, 2020 10:06 PM

Flawless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 22, 2020 10:14 PM

Even in sketches the Diana Ross mystique is there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2020 10:16 PM

Diana used to wear butt pads in the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 59May 22, 2020 10:38 PM

She does a lot of ads for United Airlines. Her technique of shimming her shoulders is a bit much. But she does a nice job of conveying happiness and thrill to travel. Oh, how I wish travel returns.

by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2020 10:51 PM

Diana, Lucy, and Dinah, 1969

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2020 11:16 PM

Early 1990s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2020 11:22 PM

Tracee is a spokesperson in several United Airlines ads. You may have seen the ads on TV or if you ever have flown United.

In the commercials, she does shimming of her shoulders, that appears a little overdone. However, she has a pleasant bubbling screen presence that does her well in ads.

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2020 11:41 PM

Tracee has a long face, but not that bad.

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2020 11:44 PM

Look... she's done well for herself. In fact, all of the Ross kids have. They are all independent and making their own money while not leeching off of their mom who is an international superstar. How many celebrity kids can claim this? This definitely a credit to their mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 23, 2020 12:05 AM

There are now younger people who have no idea that she is the daughter of Diana Ross. So, Tracee has been successful in creating her own identity and niche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 23, 2020 12:08 AM

I have never heard any gossip about Tracee being a bitch at work. She got along really well with the cast of Girlfriends for all those years and they all seem to still love each other.

Jenifer Lewis reportedly was a diva on Blackish, but she will tell you herself she is crazy as fuck.

And saying Tracee built her career off her mom is nonsense. Tracee got her break on Girlfriends 20 years ago, and that show wasn't even mainstream. She has worked for years building up her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 23, 2020 12:21 AM

Did Tracee have a meltdown when she was told her movie The High Note wouldn't be getting a theatrical release?

by Anonymousreply 68May 23, 2020 12:24 AM

She’s so much better looking than her mother.

by Anonymousreply 69May 23, 2020 1:25 AM

I always wondered two things about Diana's kids:

Why does Tracee go by Ellis Ross? Her father's name was Silberstein, middle name Ellis.

WTF is "Chudney"? What was Miss Ross thinking? It sounds like a combination of "chutney" and the noise a heavy shoe makes hitting the floor.

by Anonymousreply 70May 23, 2020 1:39 AM

[Quote] Why does Tracee go by Ellis Ross?

Why does Bernadette Lazzara go by "Bernadette Peters"?

by Anonymousreply 71May 23, 2020 1:44 AM

OP: Are those called "High School Graduation" earrings?

by Anonymousreply 72May 23, 2020 1:48 AM

@R70; She gave her kids the last name of Ross to use because "Ross" carries much more clout and influence than "Silberstein" and "Naess." Diana Ross wanted whoever were dealing with her kids to know where they were coming from and the power that was behind them.

The story goes that she wanted to name her daughter after the spice chutney but spelled it incorrectly and thus Chudney became and remained as her name.

by Anonymousreply 73May 23, 2020 1:51 AM

OH! Tracee wanted to maintain identification with her father whose professional was Bob Ellis (Silberstein) and therefore Tracee Ellis Ross

by Anonymousreply 74May 23, 2020 1:53 AM

Ross Naess doesn't go by Ross Ross, for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 75May 23, 2020 1:53 AM

Barbara Walters asks "If you could be a condiment, then what kind of condiment would you be?"

" I'd be a spicy Indian condiment! " answers ChuDney Ross

by Anonymousreply 76May 23, 2020 2:03 AM

True, she isn't, yet Tracee Ellis Ross is exceptionally appealing.

by Anonymousreply 77May 23, 2020 3:17 AM

I kind of like her look. She's a "handsome" woman.

by Anonymousreply 78May 23, 2020 3:19 AM

Does Tracee have an eye disorder?

by Anonymousreply 79May 23, 2020 3:20 AM

Lazy eye.

by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2020 3:21 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 23, 2020 4:08 AM

Maybe Diana was a fan of the movie C.H.U.D. and decided to name the kid Chudney...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 23, 2020 4:11 AM

She's actually beautiful...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 23, 2020 4:32 AM

r79 no, but thanks to her busted mug, I do.

by Anonymousreply 84May 23, 2020 4:33 AM

I have never figured out how Carla was a successful model.

by Anonymousreply 85May 23, 2020 4:39 AM

Tracee is a big ol Mo

by Anonymousreply 86May 23, 2020 4:45 AM

She’s fine looking but no great beauty. Good actress. Considering she’s a show biz kid, surprisingly good.

by Anonymousreply 87May 23, 2020 4:56 AM

[quote] Tracee has WIDE hips and a BIG butt!

Rofl!

[quote] She's actually beautiful... —compared to Carla "The Beast" Hall

Haha. Funny you mention Carla, because they look so much alike!

Tracee is like Carla's ugly younger sister.

[quote] Does Tracee have an eye disorder?

She and Ryan Seacrest have the same plastic surgeon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 23, 2020 5:32 AM

[quote] Tracee has WIDE hips and a BIG butt!

The HELL I do!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 23, 2020 5:33 AM

I don't get why some of you think that Tracee is a lesbian.

There haven't even been rumors about her.

by Anonymousreply 90May 23, 2020 10:34 AM

she a comedian so maybe bein fug works for her.

how is she so big now tho? even has a movie ,,, pass

by Anonymousreply 91May 23, 2020 10:38 AM

Did someone claim she was?? What a stupid thread.

by Anonymousreply 92May 23, 2020 10:49 AM

Wasn't there a story either in "Call Her Miss Ross" or in some article where it was claimed that Diana thought Chudney sounded cute, modern and interesting and that she had a hissy fit later because no one told her that chutney was an Indian condiment.

by Anonymousreply 93May 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Evan definitely got his mother's good looks.

He looks so much like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 23, 2020 11:04 AM

Whoever said that Diana's kids got where they were "on their own," was wrong.

For example, Evan Ross is his "professional" name.

His birth name is Evan Olaf Naess.

He obviously wouldn't have worked as an actor, if he had gone by his birth name, rather than his professional name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 23, 2020 11:11 AM

Years ago she was on that WB show and I thought she was very odd looking with that wonky eye. I saw her in person at Dulles airport during that era and she was attractive in real life, but still a bit unusual looking.

Since the chef Carla Hall came along on Top Chef and then other shows, I’ve often seen one and confused her with the other—is it Carla Hall or Tracee Ellis-Ross?

I had no idea until a couple of years ago who her mother is. But I have watched Blackish since it debuted and I love the show—it’s the only contemporary sitcom that makes me laugh—and she is a big reason for that. I think she’s really funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 23, 2020 11:29 AM

Is Diana's oldest, Rhonda, still in touch with Bob Ellis Silberstein, whom she assumed to be her father when she was a kid?

I've known lots of people in her situation who have a great relationship with the parent who raised them but drop them like a hot potato when they discover their biological parent. It makes me wonder how they manage to switch their love and affection that easily and also what effect this has on the parent who raised them. I remember Rhonda saying once that Ellis Silberstein was a good father to her, so I hope they still have a good relationship with each other.

by Anonymousreply 97May 23, 2020 11:38 AM

Which of Diana's children has Barry Gordy as their biological father? That was covered up pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 98May 23, 2020 12:48 PM

Do you see a resemblance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 23, 2020 1:26 PM

Chudney is such a lovely name. Do her friends call her Chud?

by Anonymousreply 100May 23, 2020 1:49 PM

[quote]I've known lots of people in her situation who have a great relationship with the parent who raised them but drop them like a hot potato when they discover their biological parent. It makes me wonder how they manage to switch their love and affection that easily and also what effect this has on the parent who raised them. I remember Rhonda saying once that Ellis Silberstein was a good father to her, so I hope they still have a good relationship with each other.

I've known of two situations where people found out the fathers who raised them weren't their biological fathers. One of them was my cousin's daughter. When the daughter was 14 when she found out my cousin wasn't her biological father. My cousin and his wife divorced shortly after. His daughter didn't meet her biological father until she was 20. She doesn't view the bio dad as a father figure and they have a friend type relationship. He didn't attend her wedding and her kids don't call the bio dad "grandpa".

The other situation was with a friend whose situation was to similar to that of my cousin's and he was 12 when he found out the truth about his paternity. But, in his case he met his biological father right away and they became very close which caused a lot of issues with the dad who raised him and there are still issues going on today because the legal father is dying of ALS and has cut my friend out of his will.

by Anonymousreply 101May 23, 2020 3:31 PM

"But I have watched Blackish since it debuted and I love the show—it’s the only contemporary sitcom that makes me laugh—and she is a big reason for that. I think she’s really funny."

Um, no. The only laughs from that show are from Jennifer Lewis and Laurence Fishburne, aka Ruby and Pops.

by Anonymousreply 102May 23, 2020 3:42 PM

R102 They’re both great, but so is the show overall, at least to me. It’s more like older sitcoms I grew up with, a family sitcom that balances situational humor and some ‘lessons,’ and I like that. I had my fill of comedy like The Office that’s based on making people uncomfortable and mugging at the camera a long time ago but that seems to be all the Millennial generation wants. Either that or Tina Fey style preposterous, nonsensical non sequiturs that I find amusing in small doses but don’t compel me to keep watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 23, 2020 3:48 PM

I used to be a regular "black-ish" viewer, but I haven't watched a single episode since they had the execrable Chris Brown on as a guest star.

by Anonymousreply 104May 23, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote]But I have watched Blackish since it debuted and I love the show—it’s the only contemporary sitcom that makes me laugh—and she is a big reason for that. I think she’s really funny.

I agree and just said in another thread the other day that I think she's great on the show and that it's too bad she's never won an Emmy for it. I do think she won the Golden Globe once, though, so that's something.

by Anonymousreply 105May 23, 2020 4:31 PM

"Is Diana's oldest, Rhonda, still in touch with Bob Ellis Silberstein, whom she assumed to be her father when she was a kid? "

Rhonda is completely in touch with him; actually very close to him. - still sees him as a father figure. She's said it was a relief to find out that Berry Gordy was her father, but that didn't detract from the fact that Silbersten helped raise her. It basically all worked out in the end.

by Anonymousreply 106May 23, 2020 4:36 PM

Nor as talented.

by Anonymousreply 107May 23, 2020 4:37 PM

Her body is nice imo. She may not be as petite or delicate as her mother but she has a nice shape. It's that FACE!

by Anonymousreply 108May 23, 2020 4:48 PM

The poster who wrote that Diana Ross willed herself to be beautiful is right. She's not a classic beauty and both Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard were more conventionally attractive than she was. But Ross had star quality that makes it impossible to take your eyes off her when she's onstage or on the screen.

Tracee Ellis Ross is not an unattractive woman. I wonder if what everyone finds missing in her isn't beauty or good looks per se but the glamor and star quality that her mother has. Miss Ross is an old school star and they don't make 'em like her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 109May 23, 2020 6:27 PM

The poster who wrote that Diana Ross willed herself to be beautiful is right. She's not a classic beauty and both Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard were more conventionally attractive than she was. But Ross had star quality that makes it impossible to take your eyes off her when she's onstage or on the screen.

Tracee Ellis Ross is not an unattractive woman. I wonder if what everyone finds missing in her isn't beauty or good looks per se but the glamor and star quality that her mother has. Miss Ross is an old school star and they don't make 'em like her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 110May 23, 2020 6:27 PM

Florence Ballard was the original "Reese Witherspoon chin." She wasn't more attractive than Ross. Mary was certainly the best looking of the original trio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 23, 2020 6:31 PM

She looks like jewish, tanned mixed raced version of her mother, which is what she is lol. I think Tracee Ellis Ross is beautiful in a unique way. She has beautiful hair and eyes that suggest intellect and sensuality. She's also one of those rare people where a big nose doesn't make her ugly, it gives her more character.

by Anonymousreply 112May 23, 2020 6:41 PM

She's never been linked to a single man; she's been linked to plenty of married men.

by Anonymousreply 113May 23, 2020 6:44 PM

[quote]I say unfortunately because what makes a man handsome does not necessarily make a woman pretty and vice versa

The Willis-Moore daughters are the ultimate example of this. Bruce was a handsome guy when he was younger, but his features on female faces look alarming.

by Anonymousreply 114May 23, 2020 6:51 PM

Ellis-Ross has a net worth between $16-20MM

Her TV salary is $200K/episode

She is CEO of Pattern Beauty LLC -a hair care company

She is a EP of a new show called "Mixish" that is based on her life

Many other paid projects.

And, her parents and siblings thinks that she is beautiful

That's all that matters...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 23, 2020 6:55 PM

Good heavens, I thought she was a tranny!!

by Anonymousreply 116May 23, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote]She's never been linked to a single man; she's been linked to plenty of married men.

Tracee Ellis Ross is reportedly dating 'Black-ish' creator Kenya Barris. The 47-year-old actress has never been married, and she's been candid in the past about wanting to keep her personal life private.May 7, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 23, 2020 6:59 PM

What in the hell does that mean, r117?

It makes her sound closeted, even more!

by Anonymousreply 118May 23, 2020 8:45 PM

I think she sings well enough for a project like "The High Note"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 23, 2020 8:56 PM

I actually like this song and it's quite appropriate for this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 23, 2020 8:59 PM

She looked good on Girlfriends. If SJP cab be considered a leading lad, them so can Tracee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 23, 2020 9:01 PM

Kenya Barris withdrew his petition for divorce. I believe his wife filed about five years ago. I would be suprised if a veteran like Tracee were stupid enough to get romantically involved with him. His youngest child is 3 years old.

by Anonymousreply 122May 23, 2020 9:04 PM

OP is the reason they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 123May 23, 2020 9:04 PM

I think she's very pretty. Some people seem to be upset that she didn't get a "welcome-to-hollywood" nose job. She doesn't need it.

However, the true star of Blackish is the kid who plays subversive Diane.

by Anonymousreply 124May 24, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote]She is a EP of a new show called "Mixish" that is based on her life

Oh, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 24, 2020 1:57 AM

Kenya Barris has a new Netflix show in which he plays a character based on himself. And that character is married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 24, 2020 1:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 24, 2020 2:56 AM

lady don't feel hurt at these remarks, u have a unique look and ur a star!!! go with it bb

by Anonymousreply 128May 24, 2020 6:30 AM

Kenya Barris is kind of hot, but all those kids....no.

by Anonymousreply 129May 24, 2020 6:51 AM

She's not pretty at all. But her face is appealing and pleasant, and works great for comic effect.

by Anonymousreply 130May 24, 2020 4:51 PM

Why are gay men so obsessed with tearing down a woman's looks? Straight men do that enough.

by Anonymousreply 131May 24, 2020 4:54 PM

Her face is like Alice the Goon's from "Popeye."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 24, 2020 4:56 PM

[Quote] Why are gay men so obsessed with tearing down a woman's looks? Straight men do that enough.

You forgot straight women.

by Anonymousreply 133May 24, 2020 4:57 PM

I think she’s beautiful and sophisticated.

by Anonymousreply 134May 24, 2020 5:02 PM

R133, you're right. Straight women tear down other women's looks too. It's a weird phenomenon to me, since looks are the result of the genetics lottery.

by Anonymousreply 135May 24, 2020 5:07 PM

If you'd ever seen the film LIFE SUPPORT Tracee has this confrontation with Queen Latifah's character how her parents were drug addicts and that she had to raise her younger brother (Played by Evan Ross) and steal diapers and formula.

Thought it was funny that Diana's daughter had to steal. She just didn't ring true as urban working class.

The film is excellent. It's about AIDS and how it affects the female African American community in New York. The ending made me cry. The woman that Queen latifah plays is hiv-positive and is still alive educating people about safe sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 24, 2020 5:36 PM

OP, Tracee has personality and that can make you attractive if you aren't a classic beauty. The opposite can be true, too. A pretty person without charm can easily become unappealing after she opens her mouth. Example: Anna Nicole Smith.

by Anonymousreply 137May 24, 2020 5:39 PM

Apparently, Tracee used to follow the Ross staff around with a clipboard. She was The Boss, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 138May 24, 2020 5:45 PM

Wasn’t she supposed to voice Jodie Landon in the Daria spin-off a few years ago

by Anonymousreply 139May 24, 2020 6:49 PM

The DAD looks like a GAY boy to me.

by Anonymousreply 140May 24, 2020 8:58 PM

Well, as the phrase goes: Gay or Jewish?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 24, 2020 9:02 PM

Bob Ellis was a successful music manger in the 70's. His clients included Rufus and Chaka Khan and Ron Wood.

by Anonymousreply 142May 24, 2020 9:09 PM

So he had the best drugs hook up.

by Anonymousreply 143May 24, 2020 9:12 PM

She’s jolie-laide. Not a classic beauty, but her face is interesting and even compelling.

by Anonymousreply 144May 25, 2020 1:54 AM

Did Tracee do her own singing in "The High Note?"

by Anonymousreply 145May 25, 2020 3:30 AM

Tracee Ellis Ross Says It Was 'Terrifying' to Sing as Diana's Daughter: 'I Could Be Taken Down' The actress — whose new movie The High Note is available on-demand May 29 — says the idea of being compared to her mother Diana Ross was "terrifying"

"The best place to listen to music is in the car, of course."

Tracee Ellis Ross is telling the story of when her mother heard her sing for the first time — which was only earlier this year and for the new movie The High Note. Her mother, of course, is Diana Ross, so that would make anyone a little nervous.

"There’s a reason I waited 47 years to let my voice out publicly!" the black-ish star tells PEOPLE in this week's issue. "It was my childhood dream to sing — but terrifying when your mother is who my mother is. The idea of comparison; that’s in a child’s mind or an adult’s mind. I could be taken down and obliterated."

But it was time. So, Tracee drove over to Diana’s house. "We sat in my car in her driveway." Tracee played the song "Love Myself."

"It felt like bringing her my heart," Tracee remembers. Diana, 76, asked Tracee to play the song again. "And then my mother said, 'Finally. Finally.'" Tracee felt the same way. "I have wanted to sing for so long. My mom teared up and we just kept looking at each other. We were both so excited. My mom has always known I could sing. There have been gentle nudges over the years, so this was a big moment."

Tracee has had a longer career than most people realize. While she found major stardom on black-ish in 2014, she has been working since she was 17. (She’s technically a model-turned-TV-host-turned-actress-turned beauty mogul; she launched Pattern Beauty last year, offering products for "curly, coily, tightly textured hair.") Now, well, she’s been given an opportunity to take stock.

Since sheltering at home — "I’m on the good side of this, I know I’m fortunate"— Tracee has had a moment to reflect on the opportunity this film has given her.

"Singing was terrifying and invigorating and the most fun I’ve ever had with my clothes on," she says. "You tell yourself you want to do something and then you dive in and are, like, 'What the hell have I done!!?'" Tracee laughs. "This movie was just the perfect thing to allow me to face the fear of singing. And to realize that me singing has nothing to do with my mom. It’s my voice. This was me telling my own truth."

And if you’re wondering, yes Tracee wants to sing with her mom, Diana. "Wouldn’t that be fun? It would also be fun to do a duet with my brother Evan Ross, my sister Rhonda Ross, and my step-sister Leona Naess. They are all singers too. For God’s sake, while we are at it, I could also do a duet with Rihanna, John Legend, Childish Gambino… Shall I go on? Looks like I want a future in this singing thing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 25, 2020 12:12 PM

She was so cute when she shyly sang with her mother a few years ago. Diana looked so proud of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 25, 2020 1:24 PM

I smell bullshit when kids of movie stars or famous singers claim that their famou parent never knew how well they could sing or act. Jason Gould pulled the same BS when he recorded the duet with Babs. They both claimed that Babs never knew he could sing. Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 148May 25, 2020 1:27 PM

Enough already. I was the pretty one, dammit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 25, 2020 1:34 PM

R149, didn’t you mean to sign your name as "Mary! W"?

After all a 'Dreamgirl' needs all the exclamation points life throws her way.

by Anonymousreply 150May 25, 2020 1:36 PM

R148, Ross has always said that Tracee could sing.

by Anonymousreply 151May 25, 2020 1:59 PM

Diana Ross was not a great beauty either.

by Anonymousreply 152May 25, 2020 2:13 PM

-And if you’re wondering, yes Tracee wants to sing with her mom, Diana. "Wouldn’t that be fun? It would also be fun to do a duet with my brother Evan Ross, my sister Rhonda Ross, and my step-sister Leona Naess. They are all singers too. For God’s sake, while we are at it, I could also do a duet with Rihanna, John Legend, Childish Gambino… Shall I go on? Looks like I want a future in this singing thing."-

But no desire to sing with sister-in-law and vocalist extraordinaire Ashlee Simpson? The shade...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 25, 2020 2:22 PM

I'd like to hear her non-autotuned vocals, please.

by Anonymousreply 154May 25, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote]Did Tracee do her own singing in "The High Note?"

She was dubbed by the Andantes.

by Anonymousreply 155May 25, 2020 2:36 PM

R153 I thought I was the only one who caught that. Especially since Evan and Ashlee recorded an EP last year.

Rhonda can sing. She's been doing jazz shows for about twenty five years now.

by Anonymousreply 156May 25, 2020 2:47 PM

Supreme Mamas - Ernestine Ross, Lurlee Ballard, and Johnnie Mae Wilson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 25, 2020 4:33 PM

Does Tracee insist on being addressed as "Miss Ross," too?

by Anonymousreply 158May 25, 2020 8:19 PM

Miss Ross4Less.

by Anonymousreply 159May 25, 2020 8:22 PM

She dresses funny.

by Anonymousreply 160May 25, 2020 8:55 PM

But she wears drapery tassels much better than her mother ever did.

by Anonymousreply 161May 25, 2020 9:05 PM

Whoever said she has an SJP quality nailed it, and in all actuality I think she can attribute her career to equal parts nepotism and filling a "black SJP" role.

by Anonymousreply 162May 25, 2020 9:46 PM

It's no nepotism. She's only become truly famous in her 40s. And Diana Ross has not been relevant in pop culture since the early 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 163May 25, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote] But she wears drapery tassels much better than her mother ever did.

And feathers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 25, 2020 11:54 PM

Besides horrible make-up, she also has horrible fashion taste.

Who dresses her? Helen Keller?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 25, 2020 11:55 PM

She's a real fashion "Don't!"

Looks like Tracee is trying to be stylish like her mother, but it really doesn't work for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 25, 2020 11:57 PM

Les here - I think she is very attractive. I am very attractive to those strong sorts of faces - Lisa Edelstein is another one. I remember a story she told about being mistaken for a tranny in Thailand, lol.

I tend to find those women more attractive as they get older too. 45-50 they hit their stride.

I even find older Joan Crawford attractive.

by Anonymousreply 167May 26, 2020 6:46 AM

[quote]Looks like Tracee is trying to be stylish like her mother, but it really doesn't work for her.

[quote]And feathers!

This is how you do feathers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 26, 2020 7:32 AM

To be fair to TER which actress of her generation or the ones after have the glamor of Diana Ross or other stars of that era? Diana is a star in the old school sense of the term. Almost no one has that kind of appeal or glamor anymore.

by Anonymousreply 169May 26, 2020 10:43 AM

Beautiful, naturally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 26, 2020 10:58 AM

a nosejob, etc could make her pretty.

by Anonymousreply 171May 26, 2020 11:08 AM

She has saggy pancake tits. Should be a warning to those girls who refuse to keeps those eggs in a basket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 26, 2020 7:54 PM

Her tits look fine. Breasts shouldn't sit under a woman's chin.

by Anonymousreply 173May 26, 2020 8:01 PM

I dont think she is beautiful at all...rather ugly in fact

by Anonymousreply 174May 26, 2020 8:02 PM

Crazy wonky eye.

by Anonymousreply 175May 26, 2020 8:18 PM

Her eyes are close together and it's accentuated by the red outlines in the inner corners of her eyes (OP's photo). She could micro blade some "hair" on her forehead to round out her face, which is long.

She has a nice, tall, slim figure and nice style as well.

by Anonymousreply 176May 26, 2020 9:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 27, 2020 8:11 AM

I think she looks great; a handsome woman with striking features and big personality. Very vivacious and very charismatic.

Pretty usually equals boring.

by Anonymousreply 178May 27, 2020 8:24 AM

She reminds me of Medusa from Clash of the Titans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 27, 2020 10:42 AM

They're both ugly.

by Anonymousreply 180May 27, 2020 11:32 AM

OP, my aunt had tassels like that on the valance of her drapes in the fancy room

by Anonymousreply 181May 27, 2020 3:53 PM

Couldn't Tracee have had surgery on that eye to make it look better?

by Anonymousreply 182May 28, 2020 3:02 PM

the glamour is in the genes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 28, 2020 4:40 PM

This is the stupidest thread I have ever encountered on DL, and it makes me ashamed.

As if Traces has to be PRETTY? What the fuck are you stupid queens talking about? Her mother was goddess; Tracee is a goddess too, bigger than life, BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY, and she has no fucks to give.

Really, girls, this is dismaying.

by Anonymousreply 184May 28, 2020 10:41 PM

r169, Don't ever disrespect Queen Bey like that again bitch.

by Anonymousreply 185May 29, 2020 12:40 AM

"Queen Bey" is as Caucasian as Janet Jackson's baby

by Anonymousreply 186May 29, 2020 10:24 AM

Meh....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 4, 2020 12:42 AM

Whoever styled her at r187 is cruel. Unspeakably cruel.

by Anonymousreply 188June 4, 2020 12:51 AM

She seems like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 189June 4, 2020 12:58 AM

R189 I remember on some gossip site, Tracee was described as a spoiled brat diva who is pretty nasty to people and Rashida Jones was described as the anit-Tracee.

by Anonymousreply 190June 4, 2020 4:57 AM

Please take your lipstick alley threads and GTFO

by Anonymousreply 191June 4, 2020 6:28 AM

Rashida Jones has a beautiful vibe about her.

by Anonymousreply 192June 4, 2020 7:36 AM

I'm not a fan of Rashida Jones. She stepped in when Quincy Jones was spilling that Marlon Brando - Richard Pryor - Marvin Gaye gossip.

by Anonymousreply 193June 4, 2020 7:37 AM

And being and looking "feminine" is the most important thing there is!

by Anonymousreply 194June 4, 2020 7:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!