Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why don't male reporters challenge Trump to his face?

Weijia Jiang and Kaitlin Collins questioned Trump hard enough to make him walk out of his last phony covid press conference. He hasn't been back since. Now Michigan's AG Dana Nessel has him in a dither because confronted his disrespect and called him a 'petulant child'. OK, she's not a reporter but she's got more balls than any male reporter who has the opportunity to challenge him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2020 7:26 PM

I forgot about Phil Rucker! He is the only male reporter I've seen who has challenged Trump to his face -- Obamagate!

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 3:57 PM

Brian Karem, a reporter from Playboy of all places, doesn't take any shit from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 3:58 PM

i love when he calls women he hates "wacky" on Twitter, like they're Lucy Ricardo or something.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 4:02 PM

They have. Jim Acosta was his nemesis for a while.

And while, yes, several bold women in the press pool have set a great example by appropriately challenging him, it’s also fair to note that he always calls on that woman sycophant from OAN, the Stepford Ladies of Fox News have been teabagging him for four years straight, and his most dedicated propagandists have been Kellyanne Conway, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, Hope Hicks and now Kayleigh MacWhatever. Betsy DeVos is destroying the education system. Ivanka is Cersei Lannister.

I’ve always thought we would have a better world if women were in charge, but my God, these women have all changed my mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 4:03 PM

Because majority of older white men (not all) support Trump, despite their protestations

That would trickle down to the male reporters (not all) as well.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 4:07 PM

Men are more intimated by perceived Alpha males, hierarchy, and access to power

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 4:14 PM

R4 Fair enough. I wasn't implying anything beyond my observation that women seem to challenge him more than men. I was in no way defending the women who work for him vs women who challenge him which is comparing apples to oranges. And I forgot about how Jim Acosta pissed him off! Thank you for reminding me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 4:15 PM

Simple -- there are no male reporters, at least not any who are not subservient to their white girl overlords.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 4:21 PM

[quote] Fair enough. I wasn't implying anything beyond my observation that women seem to challenge him more than men.

r4's point is utterly stupid. Of course there are women sycophants among the reporters. OP's point is that the reporters who consistently challenge him to his face are women. You don't see male reporters doing that at the press conferences right now. Every reporter should challenge him at every one of these conferences. Most reporters are men, so why don't they take him on?

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote]They have. Jim Acosta was his nemesis for a while.

Jim Acosta was like an abused housewife for a bit there. Wasn't he the one that said that he saw a different trump who was genuinely scared about COVID at one news conference? Needless to say...

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 4:30 PM

And let's not forget Paula Reid from CBS who agitated the shit out of him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2020 5:50 AM

I need to add that I've seen Jeff Mason from Reuters challenge Trump face to face. Very gutsy guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 5:59 AM

I don't see why they all (regardless of their sex) don't challenge Trump. He gives them plenty of reasons every time he opens his mouth. I'm counting on the press to highlight his stupidity and bring out the truth, or as much as they can. Being polite and respectful isn't working.

This is their job. I've been waiting!

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2020 6:03 AM

R13 I agree with you. The question is why do female reporters challenge Trump more than their male counterparts? Being polite and respectful isn't working, you're right.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2020 6:08 AM

I think Peter Alexander and Jeremy Diamond also asked him tough questions and pissed him off in the past.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2020 6:35 AM

Will people stop asking like this is a PM Time when he is required to answer questions? Press Briefings have a similar power dynamic to asking a tenured professor questions during class, you get what you get then fuck off. I remember Trump having a 3 year grudge against Jim Acosta. Females fit a great narrative, but the media don't work together which is how Trump can slip through questions. He also has no shame and will ignore a question or shut it all down.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2020 6:50 AM

R14 because of that recorded conversation where he says “grab them by the pussy!” Women tend to frown on that. Therefore he’s a pig in their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2020 6:02 AM

A lot of women didn’t really frown on it. He won white women

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2020 3:08 PM

Maybe some women R18. But not the women with brains!

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2020 7:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!