Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Toilet Paper in New England

Has anyone seen it in this region since March? Where and when? Isn't it supposed to be back on the shelves in other parts of the country? Some people on here are shocked when anyone complains about not being able to find any, as if the whole shortage has already blown over. I haven't seen any sign of let-up.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2020 5:25 PM

Squirt room temp. water in your asshole and clean it out that way.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 3:47 PM

OP I'm in western Massachusetts and the last two times I've gone to the local CVS they've had some in stock (one per customer). I grabbed some both times.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 3:48 PM

Use corncobs like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 3:51 PM

Walmart has been stocking only Charmin and their own brand, here in Tampa.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote] Toilet Paper in New England

The single Barry Manilow never released......

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 3:55 PM

I live in a suburb north of Boston and the Stop and Shop near me had plenty of toilet paper yesterday, all the well known brands. In fact, the entire paper goods aisle was very well stocked.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 3:55 PM

I've scored TP and paper towels from Office Depot/Office Max.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 3:55 PM

I’ve been seeing Scott TP in Hannaford, OP. One 12-pack per customer.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 3:57 PM

If you're staunch you don't need it, OP!

Mother and I just used leaves!

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 3:59 PM

R7 - yes - the 'cleaning' aisles of Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. have quite a bit of paper products. People don't think of these stores for these items.

I would try there - and also Dollar stores seem to have some stock.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 4:02 PM

Mid-South...sporadic, but I don't drive all over town looking. When I need it there always seems to be some, but not everytime I'm in the store.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 4:13 PM

Another place to try is an auto parts store. They often carry RV and camper accessories, including septic tank safe toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 4:13 PM

The major reason for the shortage is that the commercial toilet paper industry is completely different from the residential toilet paper company (yes, I know this sounds stupid). No one is using toilet paper in offices, restaurants, etc., right now so the commercial TP industry has a lot of it on hand and hasn't been able to retool its production for the residential market.

So going to places like Office Depot where they sell commercial toilet paper is a good idea. Maybe even restaurant supply stores. Home Depot might fall into that category too.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 4:15 PM

Price Chopper/Market32, Hannaford, and Costco in Vermont.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 4:19 PM

R13 exactly.

Now, they may have rolls too big for a traditional home dispenser, so you might have to, like, lay the roll on a shelf near your toilet. But it's usable.

Same with paper towels. The office stores have many bifold or trifold paper towels for sale. It's of course different than a roll for home, but just as usable.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 4:30 PM

My niece is a McGill student working part time as a cashier at IGA. According to her, their biggest problem is whole families coming in together but buying as individuals to circumvent the quota system on items like toilet paper, rice, etc.

On another note, she suggests patience for we bacon lovers. For some reason it is not selling well and will likely be on sale quite soon.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2020 4:35 PM

I second auto parts stores. Lots of people don't think of those and I've had some pretty good luck scoring TP and cleaning products.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2020 4:37 PM

I buy my P95 3M respirators from an auto parts store. They haven’t been taken away “for essential workers only” yet.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2020 5:09 PM

I’m from Western MA too. Northampton area. Admittedly I haven’t been scouring the stores because I’m limiting exposure but every time I check for TP at both Stop &Shop and BigY the shelves are empty. I just stocked up with Amazon. My neighbor was desperate so I gave her five rolls.

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2020 5:22 PM

Southern Rhode Island Stop ‘n’ Shops have had Charmim in quantity on my last three visits to two stores.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2020 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!